PDA

View Full Version : US NCAA 2008-2009 Season

yungha
12-05-2008, 11:33 PM
let's talk about the US NCAA 2008-2009 season here.

to me, the question isn't whether north carolina will make it to the final four but whether they'll finish the season undefeated. they're athletic, deep, talented, skilled and experienced. they're smart and unselfish. they're well-coached. they make fellow top 10 teams like notre dame (won by 15 without ) and michigan state (won by 35) look like junior varsity squads. i'm not a UNC fan, i'm more inclined towards duke, but this year's tar heels could be a team for the ages.

japeth aguilar's wku hilltoppers are ranked #15 in the SI power rankings. hope they continue to win especially when jap gets back in action so he'll get a chance to get noticed.

john_paul_manahan
12-06-2008, 05:23 PM
jap has not yet played yet this year.

in addition: ACC wins their challenge against the Big10 6-5

bchoter
12-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Tamad akong mag review but the 'topers had an upset win this week but I can't recall against which team

BLUE HORSE
12-07-2008, 04:40 AM
WKU upset highly touted Louisville. The victory was a definite feather in the cap of coach McDonald, the new skipper of WKU. Japeth is still out of commission with his stress fracture and is still wearing a cast boot. Malas na bata, laging injured.

john_paul_manahan
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Pitino's boys were ranked 3rd in the top 25.

speaking of upsets, michigan beat duke.

bchoter
12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Michigan and not MSU? Huge upset nga

cub
12-08-2008, 07:55 PM
how about the no.1 prospect in the next year's draft, Blake Griffin? he's a beast right now averaging 25 and 16 per outing. the catch? he's white.

john_paul_manahan
12-13-2008, 10:43 AM
blake is good.

btw, we love stephen curry.

coreytaylor
12-13-2008, 11:34 AM
stephen curry, malamang #1 nba draft pick na yan.. or maybe in the top 3..

BLUE HORSE
12-14-2008, 07:10 AM
how about the no.1 prospect in the next year's draft, Blake Griffin?* he's a beast right now averaging 25 and 16 per outing. the catch? he's white.

Partly correct. The father of the Blake brothers is black but the mother is white.

shyboy
12-14-2008, 11:22 AM
how about the no.1 prospect in the next year's draft, Blake Griffin?* he's a beast right now averaging 25 and 16 per outing. the catch? he's white.

Partly correct.* The father of the Blake brothers is black but the mother is white.

Sino yung Blake brothers?

john_paul_manahan
12-14-2008, 02:15 PM
blake has another brother on the sooners.

shyboy
12-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Ah si Taylor Griffin. Akala ko Blake din pangalan. ;D

coreytaylor
12-23-2008, 08:18 PM
blake is good.

btw, we love stephen curry.

dude, may kapatid pala si stephen curry playing for Liberty. here's an article about him:

Younger Curry Making Name For Himself
Andrew Skwara
Special to Rivals.com College Basketball

Somewhere around the time that the AAU circuit was just heating up last year, Seth Curry – the younger brother of Davidson star Stephen Curry – pulled a hamstring that would take nearly four months to fully heal.

Coaches at Liberty were happy Curry was hurt.

"We were all rooting for the hamstring to get worse," Liberty assistant Jason Eaker said with only a hint of a laugh.

Seth Curry, the younger brother of Davidson's Stephen Curry, is making a name for himself at Liberty.
Curry, who eventually signed with Liberty, was able to play in just a few tournaments. When he did manage to play, he was far from his normal self, lacking quickness and the ability to change speeds.

"I was only about 75 percent," Curry said. "I was playing just to play. I don't think a lot of schools even knew I was hurt. It definitely hurt my recruitment."

That was just fine with the coaches at Liberty, a Big South Conference school located in Lynchburg, Va. They were among the few who knew what Curry, who leads all freshmen in the nation in scoring, was capable of and desperately were hoping it would remain that way.

One of the first moves Ritchie McKay made after taking the Liberty coaching job in March 2007 was to drive to Charlotte to see Curry work out against a number of other future Division I players. It took all of three shots for McKay to realize he wanted Curry – badly.

"I'll never forget it," McKay recalled. "He drained a 35-footer on his first shot. I'm not exaggerating. Then he got to the rim and stretched out with a finger roll that was smooth as silk. The third time he got the ball it looked like he was going to do the same, but he pulled up for a mid-range jumper and nailed it. That's when I turned to his coach and said, 'We are offering [a scholarship].' "

McKay, who had been coach at Portland State, Colorado State, Oregon State and New Mexico, took over the recruitment of Curry and immediately showed a belief in Curry, a skinny, baby-faced, 6-foot-3 guard.

"It's easy to say now that you thought he'd be really good," McKay said. "He doesn't pass the eye test, but he's got something unique. He's so smooth and he doesn't look like he's playing hard, yet he has a gear that I've never seen before."

McKay also had religion on his side. The Currys are devout Christians, and Seth and Stephen attended Charlotte Christian School. Liberty, which was founded by the late evangelist Jerry Falwell, has hopes of being the nation's foremost Christian-based college.

McKay spent the 1989-90 season as an assistant at Charlotte's Queens College. He had longtime friends from the Charlotte area call Curry's father, Dell - who played 15 seasons in the NBA - to vouch for his character.

"When a head coach recruits a player, that tells you something," said the elder Curry, who is the director of player development for the Charlotte Bobcats. "He told his assistants, 'Don't worry about Seth, I'm going to recruit him,' and then he went out and recruited him like an assistant. At one point, it seemed like everyone I knew in Charlotte was talking to me about Coach McKay and what type of person he was."

No other school showed Seth that kind of attention, and it paid off. Seth committed to Liberty over Davidson in September 2007.

Virginia Tech, Dell's alma mater, later offered a scholarship. Hokies coach Seth Greenberg was one of several ACC coaches who had seen the damaged version of Curry play in the AAU games.

But Curry never wavered in his commitment to the Flames. Seeing his brother – the two are close, talking about three times a week and sending text messages to one another before games – go to a small school influenced him to do the same.

"I had a lot of confidence in the coaches and had a great relationship with the players," Curry said. "I have a similar situation to what Stephen had when he first got to Davidson in that he was able to come in and make an impact right away.

"I thought I would get recruited a little bit more, but I couldn't control it. All I can do is go out there and prove people wrong."

A number of ACC coaches already regret passing on another undersized guard named Curry.

Liberty coach Ritchie McKay can't say enough about Seth Curry's game.
In Curry's third college game, he scored 26 points to spark Liberty to an 86-82 upset at Virginia. Curry nearly led Liberty to an upset at Clemson as well. The Flames were leading the unbeaten Tigers by four points with 4:23 left but eventually fell 80-75. Curry hit six 3-pointers and finished with 24 points in that matchup.

Curry has shown a penchant for late-game heroics. He scored 13 points in two overtime periods as the Flames beat William & Mary 80-74. Two days later, Curry hit a jumper and two clutch free throws in the final minute of overtime in the Flames' 69-66 win over George Mason.

Curry has helped Liberty, which hasn't had a winning record since 2003-04, to a surprising 7-4 start. VMI (9-2) is the only other team in the Big South with a winning record. Curry has received help from senior forward Anthony Smith (18.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg) and freshman point guard Jesse Sanders (3.9 apg).

"This isn't real surprising to me," Curry said of his – and his team's – good start. "I've put in a lot of work and I've come in with a great recruiting class. The coaches have put the ball in my hands in big times, and I'm just glad I've been able to come through."

Through 11 games, Curry is averaging 19.7 points and is shooting 40 percent from 3-point range. Those are eerily similar numbers to Stephen's first 10 college games, which produced an average of 19.2 points and 39.7 percent 3-point accuracy (but from the shorter line).

"He's very similar to his dad and his brother," George Mason coach Jim Larranaga said. "He's a great shooter. He's very poised. He really understands offensive basketball. He doesn't hold onto the ball too long, and he's a good team guy. I think he'll be an All-American someday."

McKay compares Curry's potential to that of Indiana Pacers standout Danny Granger, whom he coached at New Mexico. Granger, a 6-9 forward, currently is tied for fifth in the NBA in scoring at 24.4 points per game.

"I've told many friends that Seth will eventually work his way into the NBA," McKay said. "I said that about Danny Granger, and I think I'll be right about Seth. Scoring is obviously a great strength of his, but he can also create shots for others and is a very underrated defender.

"His greatest quality may be knowledge of the game. You can draw anything up and he executes it without any questions asked. He's a special talent."

Special enough to be better than Stephen? Seth isn't ready to go that far, but he also isn't willing to take a backseat to his sibling.

"I don't think anybody can guard Stephen one-on-one," he said. "That includes me.

"But I don't think he can guard me either."

It's likely that more and more of Liberty's opponents soon will be sharing the same sentiment. And they have an injury to blame.

yungha
01-06-2009, 09:10 AM
so much for the tar heels going undefeated. they lost to lowly boston college AT HOME. now that they've lost that mantle of invincibility, expect other teams like duke to play more aggressively against them.

The_Big_Cat
01-06-2009, 09:15 AM
so much for the tar heels going undefeated. they lost to lowly boston college AT HOME. now that they've lost that mantle of invincibility, expect other teams like duke to play more aggressively against them.

I saw the game last night at ESPN. Tyler Hansbrough seems to be struggling with his form as he is coming off an inury.

bchoter
01-06-2009, 10:24 AM
^ Or it just jolted them from their false sense of security

john_paul_manahan
01-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Pitt is the new #1 in the rankings.

paul_theking
01-08-2009, 10:13 AM
i'm just surprised at Duke being no.2 in the rankings, since the start of the season its been UNC,Pitt and Uconn that headlines the news on College basketball and no news about Duke ;D

JonarSabilano
01-08-2009, 11:01 AM
And Harvard just won over #24 Boston College, who defeated erstwhile #1 North Carolina earlier this week. Furthermore, it was a 6'2" Chinese-American point guard who scored the most for the Crimson. Ah, the crazy world of NCAA basketball...

BLUE HORSE
01-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Correct about the Chinese-American kid from California leading the Crimson team.* Harvard is a team to watch not only in the Ivy league but the NCAA because Tommy Amaker pulled all sorts of strings to bring in a top flight recruiting class.* A number of the recruits were blue chippers who normally would not be touched by any Ivy league school much less Harvard.* Call it sour grapes but a number of mid level Eastern coaches wondered out loud how these players ended up in Harvard when their own admission departments turned them down.* There was a story in ESPN last summer about these very recruits and if Harvard watered down their admission policy to bring in the new recruits of Amaker.

john_paul_manahan
01-09-2009, 11:17 AM
interesting to note that mark jackson thinks that stephen curry will start for a nba team soon.

The_Big_Cat
01-14-2009, 12:01 PM
The Memphis Tigers beat the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, 55-54 to extend their Conference USA winning streak to 45 games.

john_paul_manahan
01-18-2009, 08:28 PM
wake forest is the last unbeaten division 1 team.

coreytaylor
01-19-2009, 02:02 PM
northwestern upsets 18th seed minnesota: 74-65.

john_paul_manahan
01-22-2009, 03:50 PM
wake finally lost a game today.

also, clemson lost for the 54th straight time to UNC @ Carolina.

JonarSabilano
01-22-2009, 04:07 PM
wake finally lost a game today.

What's even weirder is that Division I's sole remaining team without a win finally got one the same day the erstwhile-undefeated Wake Forest got a loss. NJIT defeated Bryant by 10 earlier.

yungha
01-29-2009, 12:10 PM
#1 duke lost a road game to #6 wake forest earlier today on a last gasp shot. was monitoring the game on yahoo sports and duke was behind by 8 with 4 mins left when the devils mounted a huge comeback. but in the end the demon deacons prevailed.

i wish skycable would show more of these exciting ncaa games.

pio_valenz
01-29-2009, 01:37 PM
^BTV showed the UNC-Florida State game live earlier today. What an ending! Ty Lawson buries a running three at the buzzer to give the Tar Heels an 80-77 win!

yungha
01-30-2009, 11:13 PM
^ who do you think's better, lawson or collison of UCLA? better yet, who's the best point guard in college basketball?

BLUE HORSE
01-31-2009, 05:36 AM
Let me throw out a couple of names: Collison of UCLA and Lawson of UNC. How about Stephen Curry of Davidson who is transitioning this year as a pg. Patty Mills out of Australia playing for St. Mary's in California is not well known as the others I mentioned but a number of ESPN analysts expects him to be a first round draft choice. In the game last night against Gonzaga, he burned Gonzaga for 6 3's in the first half and scored half of his teams points before going out with an injury with 4 minutes to go before halftime. St. Mary's never recovered from his loss and the team may go into a tail spin because he is lost for at least 4 weeks because of a clean break in his hand.

aircanda
01-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Let me throw out a couple of names: Collison of UCLA and Lawson of UNC. How about Stephen Curry of Davidson who is transitioning this year as a pg. Patty Mills out of Australia playing for St. Mary's in California is not well known as the others I mentioned but a number of ESPN analysts expects him to be a first round draft choice. In the game last night against Gonzaga, he burned Gonzaga for 6 3's in the first half and scored half of his teams points before going out with an injury with 4 minutes to go before halftime. St. Mary's never recovered from his loss and the team may go into a tail spin because he is lost for at least 4 weeks because of a clean break in his hand.

Was he the same Patt Mills that played for Australia in the Olympics? If yes. I may say that he is really impressive. Standing his own against Kidd, Paul and Williams even thou they lost to the Americans.

john_paul_manahan
02-01-2009, 06:28 AM
yup. that patty mills.

collison is better than ty lawson.

vickster
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Kyle Singler of Duke, I feel, has excellent pro potential. He has the height, skills, athleticism and feel for the game in one package. The way he moves reminds me of Dirk Nowitzki -- a very fluid big man. Dirk has a purer outside shot though Singler's range isn't half bad. Singler is the better ball handler and way tougher underneath. Just too bad Duke has no other solid big man to help him out.

bchoter
02-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Duke was mangled by Clemson. Ano ito... new world order? Sobrang chaotic... which is fine by me basta wag lang Duke o UNC

JonarSabilano
02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Let me throw out a couple of names: Collison of UCLA and Lawson of UNC.* How about Stephen Curry of Davidson who is transitioning this year as a pg.* Patty Mills out of Australia playing for St. Mary's in California is not well known as the others I mentioned but a number of ESPN analysts expects him to be a first round draft choice.* In the game last night against Gonzaga, he burned Gonzaga for 6 3's in the first half and scored half of his teams points before going out with an injury with 4 minutes to go before halftime.* St. Mary's never recovered from his loss and the team may go into a tail spin because he is lost for at least 4 weeks because of a clean break in his hand.

Was he the same Patt Mills that played for Australia in the Olympics? If yes. I may say that he is really impressive. Standing his own against Kidd, Paul and Williams even thou they lost to the Americans.

Patty Mills will be out for a couple of weeks with a hand injury. Too bad. I was actually looking forward to seeing him in the NCAA tournament.

BLUE HORSE
02-07-2009, 06:31 AM
The ACC championship is still up for grabs.* Wake Forest has beaten UNC, Duke and Clemson but failed to beat VTech and Miami.* Duke has lost to Wake Forest and Clemson on the opponents home court.* Clemson can not beat UNC.* Whichever school puts a winning streak together will win the regular season championship.

The end of season ACC tournament is another matter because it will be played in a neutral arena.* Given that, I expect UNC to be in the finals against either Duke or Wake Forest.

An ESPN basketball bracketologist is questioning if St. Mary's will even be invited to the NCAA tournament.* The school had a nice run until the injury to Patty Mills.* If he does not come back and St. Mary does not make the finals of their ltournament , St. Mary becomes a bubble team.* They lost to Gonzaga and Portland with out Mills before righting the ship early this week.* A big criteria for bubble teams from the view point of the selection committee is not the body of work during the whole season but how did the team play in the tail end of the season.* The injury to the star player will be a factor.

One thing for sure, this years NCAA is wide open for the taking. I just wonder if there will be a cinderella team who just gets hot in March and wins it all.

coreytaylor
02-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Memphis' Evans Thrives After Move To Point
Steve Megargee
Rivals.com College Basketball Staff Writer

Memphis coach John Calipari wastes no time pointing out what caused his team's early season funk.

"We had a dumb coach early in the year who didn't have Tyreke [Evans] at point guard," said Calipari – and only partially in jest.

Give Calipari credit for quickly discovering the error of his ways. Since Evans moved to the point six weeks ago, Memphis hasn't lost.

Calipari originally figured Evans could develop into the next Chris Douglas-Roberts, the shooting guard whose ability to score in different ways helped Memphis reach the NCAA championship game last season.

Evans, a 6-foot-6 former five-star prospect, instead has turned into an extremely capable replacement for Derrick Rose, the point guard who performed so well his lone season at Memphis that the Chicago Bulls selected him with the top pick in the 2008 NBA draft.

Evans' move to the point was the catalyst for a 13-game winning streak that the Tigers carry into Saturday night's game at Gonzaga.

"It's made a big difference," Evans said. "After we made that switch at the point guard position, everybody's happy. We're playing as a team."

Evans arrived at Memphis amid expectations that he would play a major role immediately for a team that had lost its top two scorers (Douglas-Roberts and Rose), its assist leader (Rose) and its best rebounder (Joey Dorsey) from its Final Four squad. The question was which role Evans would fill.

Although Rivals.com rated Evans as the No. 3 point guard in the 2008 recruiting class – making him seem like a natural replacement for Rose – Evans and Rose aren't necessarily similar players. Rose is considered a pass-first point guard; Evans is more of a scorer. That explains why Calipari initially wanted to use Evans as a shooting guard.

"I figured he'd be my leading scorer, and I didn't want my point guard to be my leading scorer," Calipari said. "That was the sole reason I didn't put him at point guard."

Another Rose in bloom?
Only time will tell whether Memphis point guard Tyreke Evans performs as well in the NCAA tournament as Derrick Rose did last year, but Evans' freshman statistics so far are comparable to Rose's numbers through the first 22 games of the 2007-08 season.

Category Rose Evans
Scoring 14.0 16.8
Rebounds 4.4 5.4
Assists 4.3 3.9
Turnovers 3.0 3.4
Steals 1.2 2.4
Field-goal pct. .469 .448
3-point pct. .327 .301
Free-throw pct. .687 .699
Team record 22-0 19-3

Evans responded by averaging 16.7 points over Memphis' first seven games, but he eventually struggled with turnovers and an inconsistent shooting stroke. He shot 12-of-42 in a three-game stretch that ended Dec. 20 with a five-point performance in a 72-65 loss to Syracuse.

"My first couple of games at shooting guard were OK, but after a while [opponents] figured out how to play me on the wing," Evans said.

While Evans struggled at shooting guard, the Tigers were having even more trouble at point guard. Calipari's early season search for a point man grew so troubling that he eventually turned to Wesley Witherspoon, a 6-8 forward with little experience running an offense.

After the Syracuse defeat gave Memphis three losses in a five-game span, Calipari decided to move Evans to the point. Evans ran the offense for much of an 87-49 victory over Drexel on Dec. 22 and made his first start at point guard a week later in a 60-45 triumph over Cincinnati.

The switch paid immediate dividends.

When Memphis held its first couple of practices with Evans at point guard, the improvement was so obvious Calipari wondered why he hadn't made the move sooner.

"Why didn't someone say something to me?" Calipari remembered telling his assistants.

How much of a difference has Evans made in his new role? The numbers tell the story.

• Evans averaged 14.9 points in his nine games before the Drexel contest. He has averaged 18.1 points in his 13 games since.

• As a shooting guard, Evans had 35 turnovers and 30 assists in nine games. He has 53 assists and 40 turnovers in his past 13 games.

• In Memphis' first nine games, Evans was shooting 39.2 percent overall and 18.2 percent from 3-point range. During Memphis' winning streak, he is shooting 48.6 percent overall and 40 percent from beyond the arc.

"I'm feeling more comfortable with the ball in my hands," Evans said.

His teammates also feel more confident when Evans is handling the ball. Memphis was 6-3 before the Drexel game and is 13-0 since, and the entire offense is running more smoothly now.

"It's not just what it's done for him," Calipari said. "It's made everyone else comfortable. Antonio Anderson, who played awful early, now is playing as well as anyone in the country. Robert Dozier, who played without any mission [or] any focus, now all of a sudden is starting to play tougher. He went right at Tyler Smith up at Tennessee [in a 54-52 victory] and did a great job. He's having more toughness, more focus, and is almost like a laser now in what he wants to do. It's helped him. It's helped Doneal Mack. It's helped Willie Kemp. It's really helped our team."

Memphis also has been playing much better in close games now that it can rely on Evans to handle the ball in critical moments down the stretch. The Tigers' troubles in the closing minutes haunted them in early season losses to Xavier, Georgetown and Syracuse. Memphis avoided making similar mistakes Jan. 24 at Tennessee because Evans took over when it mattered most by scoring the Tigers' final seven points of the game.

His presence also allows Memphis to cause matchup headaches for nearly every team in the nation. The Tigers regularly field a lineup that doesn't have anyone shorter than 6-5. "Evans is built like a linebacker but moves like a point guard," SMU coach Matt Doherty said.

The Tigers have won their past 13 games by an average margin of 18.6 points while playing the same brand of basketball that helped persuade Evans to leave his East Coast home to enroll at Memphis.

"I just like the style of play," said Evans, who grew up in Chester, Pa., and scored more than 3,300 career points at American Christian School. "I liked how they'd run up and down the court. 'CDR' [Douglas-Roberts] and Derrick Rose were playing like they had a lot of fun."

Evans is having the same kind of fun, but only time will tell if he enjoys a similar level of success.

Memphis owns the nation's second-longest winning streak (Utah State has won 17 in a row) and is ranked 14th by The Associated Press, but the Tigers' recent surge is due at least in part to the lack of competition within their conference. Memphis has won 50 consecutive Conference USA games and hasn't lost in league play since March 2, 2006.

The Tigers have dominated Conference USA to such an extent that they're no longer defined by what they do during the regular season. It's all about how they fare in March.

That's why Calipari keeps pushing Evans to improve his game, even after he has been named the Conference USA rookie of the week six times.

"My point to him is what about [winning] player of the week? How about trying to be the best player in the country?" Calipari said. "That's what I want him to be – not [just] the best freshman in the country. All he's got to do is eliminate two or three habits he has – messing around with the ball, [taking] fadeaway jumpers instead of strong aggressive shots … and then on defense play every possession because you can lead the nation in steals."

Evans has heeded that advice while trying to improve so that he can deliver the same type of postseason performance that helped Rose make himself a household name last spring.

"I'm working on just getting better right now, and in tournament time, taking my game to another level," Evans said.

Evans may not be another Rose, but Memphis' chances of returning to the Final Four could depend on how much Evans blossoms over the next month.

john_paul_manahan
02-08-2009, 10:15 AM
interesting. if we get number 2 and if he exits, i would look at drafting this guy.

anyway, duke almost lost to the 'canes before winning in OT.

speaking of tyreke, they are facing off against the zags and jeremy pargo.

tigerman
02-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Round one of North Carolina vs. Duke goes to the Tar Heels.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

john_paul_manahan
02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Psycho T joins Tim Duncan among the only people who have won in all four years @ Cameron Indoor.

CM_Punk
02-15-2009, 12:24 PM
This early, looks like Blake Griffin of Oklahoma is favoured to go #1 in the 2009 NBA draft. Hope that BTV or ESPN will show some of his NCAA games soon so we can check out his game.

coreytaylor
02-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Speaking of Blake Griffin, he had a career day scoring 40pts and grabbing 23 rebs against Texas Tech. He shot 16/22 from the field.

Link: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=200902140444

CM_Punk
02-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Those are very good numbers from Blake Griffin. If only Sam Bradford had declared early for the NFL draft, then Oklahoma would have had a chance to have two potential #1 picks in the same year, similar to Utah back in 2005 with Andrew Bogut (NBA) and Alex Smith (NFL).

coreytaylor
03-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Dejuan Blair of Pittsburgh is making some noise in the NCAA. Do you think he will survive in the NBA with his height of 6'7 playing the PF a spot?

john_paul_manahan
03-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Duke loses to UNC again.

Mateen Cleaves
03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
As I'm typing this, UConn-Syracuse is now on its FIFTH overtime period!!!* :o

.... 4 na nag-foul out sa Syracuse, 3 sa Uconn.

110-110. 6th overtime na! Bale, lampas 3 halves na ang nalalaro nila. Ala-una ng umaga na doon... mas masaya sana 'to kung napapanood ko talaga 'to sa TV.* *mukhang maganda pa naman sana magtapatan si Jonny Flynn and Price. :-\

.... FINALLY! After 6 overtimes (70 minutes), Syracuse 127 - UConn 117... No celebrating for the Orangemen, may game pa sila against West Virginia in 21 hours.* ;D

john_paul_manahan
03-15-2009, 06:41 AM
that game also went to OT.

tonight is for the title. Louisville and Syracuse.

Duke vs Florida State for the ACC
Baylor vs Mizzou for the Big 12

Outlander
03-16-2009, 08:16 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/mens-tournament/03/13/ncaa.tournament.field/index.html?eref=T1

Cardinals, Panthers, Heels, Huskies earn top seeds

By The Associated Press

The Big East put up a big number Sunday: Three No. 1 seeds in the NCAA tournament.

Louisville, Pittsburgh and Connecticut helped the Big East, a group originally created for basketball only, become the first conference to put three teams on the top line. North Carolina, regular-season Atlantic Coast conference champions, was the other top seed.

Louisville was the top overall seed in the tournament and will play in the Midwest. The Cardinals will open against the winner of an opening-round game Tuesday between Alabama State and Morehead State.

Pitt was tops in the East, Carolina in the South and UConn in the West, the region the Huskies were in when they won their championships in 1999 and 2004.

Of the four top seeds, coach Rick Pitino's Cardinals were the only team to win their conference tournament. Louisville entered the Big East conference tournament as the top seed, though Pitt and UConn were more highly regarded throughout the regular season, each spending time at No. 1 in The Associated Press poll.

But there was a lot of switching in the top spot this season -- it changed hands seven times, to be exact -- so it was no surprise there would be some debate about the No. 1 seeds.

For instance, Duke wound up a second seed despite winning the ACC tournament, beating the Florida State team the Tar Heels had lost to the day before; but North Carolina swept Duke in the regular season.

Meanwhile, Memphis (31-3) got snubbed, taking the second seed in the West despite a 25-game winning streak. The Tigers are often downgraded for playing in the less-than-steller Conference USA, but John Calipari's team proved people wrong last year, making it to the national title game.

"If we're a 1, we're a 1; if we're a 2, we're a 2. We just want to play," Calipari said before the bracket came out.

In the West, it's No. 2 seed Memphis vs. Cal State-Northridge; Missouri vs. Cornell; Washington vs. Mississippi State; Purdue vs. Northern Iowa; Marquette vs. Utah State; California vs. Maryland; BYU vs. Texas A&M.

Last year's national champion, Kansas, is almost completely revamped this year and was seeded third in the Midwest with an opening game against North Dakota State.

Arizona extended its string of tournament appearances to a quarter century, and the 25th bid will be among the most debated. The Wildcats were thought by many to be off the bubble after an early loss to Arizona State in the Pac-10 tournament, but made it as 12th seed in the Midwest.

In the Midwest, No. 2 seed Michigan State will face No. 15 seed Robert Morris. In other games: Kansas vs. N. Dakota State; Wake Forest vs. Cleveland State; Utah vs. Arizona; West Virginia vs. Dayton; Boston College vs. Southern California; Ohio State vs. Siena.

Tournament wins by Southern California in the Pac-10 and Mississippi State in the Southeastern Conference cost a couple of bubble teams spots among in the 65. Among the last teams to make it were: Wisconsin, a 12th seed in the East; Maryland, a surprisingly high 10th seed in the Midwest; and Dayton, one of only four teams from small conferences to earn an at-large bid.

In the East, it's No. 2 seed Duke vs. Binghamton; Villanova vs. American; Xavier vs. Portland State; Florida State vs. Wisconsin; UCLA vs. Virginia Commonwealth University; Texas vs. Minnesota; and Oklahoma State vs. Tennessee.

In the South, it's No. 2 seed Oklahoma vs. Morgan State; Syracuse vs. Stephen F. Austin; Gonzaga vs. Akron; Illinois vs. Western Kentucky; Arizona State vs. Temple; Clemson vs. Michigan; LSU vs. Butler.

Teams that were left out included San Diego State, Creighton, Penn State and Saint Mary's.

The ACC, Big East and Big Ten all had seven teams, the Big 12 and Pac-10 six each while the A-10 and SEC had three. Florida missed for the second straight year after winning two consecutive titles, and Auburn also was left out after a strong finish.

Also missing will be Indiana and Kentucky -- the first time both traditional powerhouses have been missing in the tournament since 1979.

john_paul_manahan
03-16-2009, 09:48 AM
I like Japeth's chances again the Illini.

JonarSabilano
03-16-2009, 09:59 AM

Even if they have a 7'1" center and a 6'10" forward?

john_paul_manahan
03-16-2009, 10:52 AM

Even if they have a 7'1" center and a 6'10" forward?

their top PG is hurt. and they may have the bigs, but tourney runs are anchored on strong guard play. OMV, Slaughter and Pettigrew can get that done.

Mateen Cleaves
03-16-2009, 11:05 AM

Western Kentucky's team, yes. But Japeth is not going to see any playing time, unless it turns into a blow-out either way.

The loss of Chester Frazier to Illinois won't be felt on the offensive end, as much as on the defensive end. He was their designated stopper, and was a top candidate for Big 10 defensive player of the year.

john_paul_manahan
03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-tournament/2009-printable-ncaa-bracket-blank.jpg

are you ready?

mighty_lion
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Maganda yun laban kahapon sa PAC-10 battle for the finals slot.

yungha
03-16-2009, 08:57 PM
i like UCLA over villanova in the east, bruins to the sweet 16.

Mateen Cleaves
03-16-2009, 09:03 PM
^UCLA over Villanova... in Philadelphia?

yungha
03-16-2009, 10:59 PM
^ didn't know the game will be in philly but what the heck, go bruins!

Kid Cubao
03-17-2009, 04:46 AM
gut feel tells me the top seeds will justify their lofty rankings this time, so i don't expect any sleepers to upset the standings especially in the earlier rounds.

midwest bracket: (1) louisville vs (2) mich state = louisville
west bracket: (1) uconn vs (2) memphis = memphis
east bracket: (1) pittsburgh vs (3) villanova = villanova
south bracket: (1) north carolina vs (3) syracuse = north carolina

final 4 crossover:
louisville vs north carolina = north carolina
memphis vs villanova = memphis

championship: NC vs memphis = north carolina

BLUE HORSE
03-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Injury to players will dictate some of the game outcomes.

Analysts for CBS Sports tab WKU as the favorite over Illinois. If Frazier is not at 100%, Illinois's offense and defense will be in trouble. His hand is in a hard cast. The coach mentioned that he will be seen by the medical staff and may try to play with a splint.

Lawson will be important to UNC the deeper they get into March Madness. The team basically forced the ball down low to Hansbrough. Danny Green could not get his open looks and it affected his overall shooting. Transition basket was non existent. Toney Douglas of FSU burned the UNC guards all night long. I will not be surprise if an opposition guard accidentally steps on the toes of Lawson. Arayyy! :D

The injury to Dominic James of Marquette and Patty Mills of St. Mary's affected the performance of each team. Marquette has been in a tailspin since the injury but nonethelss made the big dance. The committee penalized St. Mary for the injury by not picking the school for the big danze. Mills came back from the injury at less than a hundred percent and the team was blown out by Gonzaga.

john_paul_manahan
03-17-2009, 07:44 AM
^UCLA over Villanova... in Philadelphia?

bruins better not sleep on eric maynor.

john_paul_manahan
03-19-2009, 09:19 PM
http://deadspin.com/5173946/ncaa-first-round-5-illinois-vs-12-western-kentucky

game is 955am our time.

bchoter
03-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Wisconsins and Florida State are engaged in overtime whie Siena and OSU are in double OT

Edited to add:

Wisconsin's Hughes' drive and 1 ousts FSU while Moore delivers his 2nd crucial 3 to push Siena past OSU. His first one sent the game in OT.

Earlier Cleveland State delivers the biggest upset in the season when they stunned #4 Wake Forest. This after Japeth's 12th seed Hilltoppers eliminated the 5th seeded Fighting Illinis.

Madness nga!

Mateen Cleaves
03-21-2009, 12:45 PM
If you have an okay connection, NCAA March Madness on Demand is a great way to choose and watch the games. Right now watching the full replay of the MSU-Robert Morris game. Ang problema lang, pati commercials mapapanood... nagugutom tuloy ako. I suddenly have a craving for an Arby's Roast Beef sandwich with horseradish sauce.* :(

BTW, you also have to like the NCAA Committee's sense of humor. Next up for my Spartans... the Trojans! ;D

cub
03-21-2009, 09:29 PM
so who do you guys think will win it all this year? my choice: the Tar Heels of North Carolina

(pagbigyan lang si Tyler and Co.)

mighty_lion
03-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Here is the link:

http://mmod.ncaa.com/?source=mktg_09MMOD_GAoff

bchoter
03-22-2009, 08:13 PM
^^ UConn. Basta kahit sino wag lang yung Tar Heels or Blue Devils.

bchoter
03-22-2009, 10:59 PM
And the Hilltoppers' season ends on a bank shot with .9 seconds left. Too bad Japeth didn't get to play.

The Longhorns gets booted out by the Blue Devils :(

coreytaylor
03-23-2009, 12:48 PM
so who do you guys think will win it all this year? my choice: the Tar Heels of North Carolina

My pick will be Pittsburgh. I want Sam Young to increase his stock for this year's nba draft. I hope they will get over the defensive-oriented Xavier next.

If ever Pittsburgh gets eliminated, I want Kansas or Arizona to win this year.

yungha
03-23-2009, 03:33 PM
there have been a lot of good games already (including nova's blowout win over ucla, sino ba yung engot na nag-predict ng ucla over villanova) and not a whiff of a telecast over any of our sports channels. it's the sweet 16 already, what are they waiting for? last year there was some coverage from the opening weekend all the way to the memphis-kansas final.

JonarSabilano
03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
there have been a lot of good games already (including nova's blowout win over ucla, sino ba yung engot na nag-predict ng ucla over villanova) and not a whiff of a telecast over any of our sports channels. it's the sweet 16 already, what are they waiting for? last year there was some coverage from the opening weekend all the way to the memphis-kansas final.

Just last Saturday, I was able to watch the Siena - Ohio State game live, and a replay of Selection Sunday before that.

yungha
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM
^what channel? skycable ako so i have espn, star sports and balls.

JonarSabilano
03-23-2009, 05:31 PM

BTV. I'm on Destiny, by the way.

Mateen Cleaves
03-23-2009, 05:37 PM

I also have Sky. Walang pag-asa...

But if you have a broadband connection at home, the NCAA site has video streaming for free. You just need to install Silverlight on your browser and you're set. You can watch ALL the games LIVE. You also have the option of watching the full games or highlights of all the previous games. In that respect, it's even better than cable TV because you can choose the games you want to watch. Not just the one that happens to have been chosen by Solar.

My connection at home, early morning, gives me "Good" quality video with just minimal buffering. "Good" means 2 bars out of the maximum 4 bars on the site. (4 bars gives you the highest quality video). About YouTube quality, but with a bigger and wider screen. Big enough to recognize the players and watch the plays comfortably. Audio is very clear.

If you plan to watch the replays in the Office, they even have a handy "Boss Button" for emergencies.* ;D

NCAA March Madness on Demand -- http://mmod.ncaa.com/

coreytaylor
03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Pitts advance to Elite 8! Go Pitts!

coreytaylor
03-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Villanova demolished Duke 77-54 while Missouri eliminated Memphis 102-91. A pair of #2 seeds eliminated by a pair of #3 seeds in their respective brackets.

Missouri was soo lucky! They only scored 4 pts in the second half but they still won.

john_paul_manahan
03-27-2009, 01:26 PM
wow. my bracket really sucks now.

coreytaylor
03-27-2009, 05:27 PM
I find this article interesting:

This isn’t Duke
By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports

BOSTON – Mike Krzyzewski witnessed the onslaught from the Duke bench, his chin resting calmly on his right hand. There wasn’t much else he could do. He’d occasionally get up and make a suggestion to a player but as the second half ran down and Villanova ran it up, 77-54, the options were limited. He just took it.

“Villanova outplayed us,” he said.

Villanova did outplay Duke, but that wasn’t all. Villanova is better than Duke. It has better players. It has better ball-handlers. It has better big men. Villanova is an elite team with a shot at a national title.

“They’ve got a chance to do something special,” Krzyzewski marveled.

Duke doesn’t. Special for this Duke team was maximizing its way to an ACC tournament title, albeit without having to face North Carolina. Krzyzewski loved this team for being a joy to coach and making the most of what they had. And that’s fine. But that isn’t the Duke we’ve known for the past few decades.

This was the Blue Devils’ worst NCAA tournament loss since UNLV crushed them by 30 in the 1990 title game. Things were so lopsided that Villanova fans spent the final minutes chanting about Saturday’s regional final game against rival Pitt, rather than soaking in the joy of the victory.

Not since before Krzyzewski arrived in Durham has beating Duke been so anticlimactic.

The Blue Devils are no longer the Blue Devils. They’re just another good program. Good, not great. They don’t have what Duke is accustomed to having. They haven’t for years. When they get into the grown-men rounds of the NCAA tournament, they don’t stand a chance.

It’s been five seasons now since the Blue Devils advanced past the Sweet 16, an accomplishment that used to be a rite of spring for the program. That was when Krzyzewski was annually signing the nation’s best players, turning out NBA talent at all five positions. Now, he’s looking over at Villanova and dreaming of what Jay Wright trots out there.

“I love Villanova’s team,” he said after the game, more than once.

A coach who once had the luxury of leaving McDonald’s All-Americans at the end of the bench is now desperate for an infusion of talent. He’s got too many nice kids and not enough great athletes.

He needs a real post player. “And a point,” he admitted.

“[Villanova] played a lot of five on three tonight,” he said.

Did you ever think you’d hear Krzyzewski say that? Not enough talent? Not enough players? Villanova is a good program, with a terrific coach. Not in decades has it had appreciably more talent than Duke.

The Blue Devils’ last NCAA title team, in 2001, featured a starting five that all went to the NBA. This club may have two: Gerald Henderson and Kyle Singler.

This team was a jump-shooting club that on this night couldn’t shoot straight – 5 of 27 from 3-point range. The offense was a mess, scoring a measly 54 points. Nothing worked. This looked nothing like those well-oiled machines of year’s past. If he could, Krzyzewski would have called for Tommy Amaker, who watched the game from the second row of the Garden with his wife.

“It’s not like we haven’t tried to find them,” Krzyzewski said of his team’s missing post presence and quarterback. “A couple of them have gone to other schools right at the last second.”

It boils down to recruiting. Duke still is involved with the very best players in the country.

Right now it’s either targeting the wrong guys or doing a poor job in head-to-head battles with other elite programs. The Blue Devils do have a couple good big men signed for next year, but no elusive point guard who can drive the lane and defend the perimeter – the Amaker or Jay Williams type.

Krzyzewski disagrees with the suggestion that his three summer tour of duty with USA Basketball hurt the program, but the question will continue to be asked so long as the recent results beg it. He brought home gold from Beijing, but now its time to do it on the recruiting trail.

“I thought the last three years we’ve gotten better,” he said. “And this year’s team was really a good team.”

You can’t argue with 30 victories and that ACC title. This was a good team. But years ago it used to be Duke who hammered good opponents in the Sweet 16, Duke who was the most feared draw in the tournament, Duke who was the one constant of March Madness.

It was other teams who would look around after the game and just shrug, knowing they never stood a chance.

It was other coaches who had to sit on the bench in silence, marveling at the quality of an opponent they knew they couldn’t beat.

************************************************** ******************************************
Hhmm I do believe Coach Krzyzewski's tour of duty with team USA affected his recruitment chores. Looks like Duke's recruitment is declining.

yungha
03-27-2009, 10:05 PM
^ actually duke still gets its share of mcdonald's all-americans but in recent years some of them just plain bomb out. their recruiting classes consistently rank among the best yet only 1 or 2 eventually turn out to be decent players. mroberts and shavlik randolph were national high school player of the year in some publications but were busts in college. ditto greg paulus and sean dockery. some like jamal boykin, taylor king, eric boateng and michael thompson don't like sitting on the bench and transfer but even in their new schools they're just role players. college recruiting's an inexact science and you never know how these kids turn out. as a result, a whole generation of duke recruits has played and left without ever going to the final four which is unusual for a proud program like duke's.

duke could have had a loaded lineup in 2004-2005 but luol deng and randolph left early for the NBA and 5-star recruit shaun livingston headed straight for the NBA draft.

so much for the ACC being the strongest conference this season. only UNC remains but in fairness the tar heels are the prohibitive title favorites. but the Big East sure is making some noise.

with UCLA and duke out, i'm rooting for Pitt.

BLUE HORSE
03-28-2009, 06:09 AM
All season long, Duke relied on their outside shooting and their athletic guards. Last night, Duke came across a Villanova team whose guards were just as athletic as the Duke guards and the perimeter shots were not going in for Duke. Duke was also manhandled inside. Zoubek gave Duke the size but is not very athletic. Each time Duke lost this season, it was done in when their outside shots would not go in and the team was manhandled in the paint.

There will be more of the same next season. Duke signed only 2 recruits for next year, both high school All Americans with a lot of size. But are they athletic? The knock on Duke's recruiting is that the school has a hard time recruiting athletic big men who can meet the academic requirements of the school. Haven't you notice that majority of their big men are all white, high basketball IQ but none of the athleticism of the big men of say UNC, Connecticut, Memphis or Louisville. This has been the case since Shelden Williams graduated from the school. The African American big men Duke signed lasted a year in Durham before transfering out to Northwestern and Berkeley where they had average careers at best. Ask Salsa about Michael Thompson?

Kid Cubao
03-28-2009, 06:47 AM
baka naman ang dapat silipin ni coach K ay yung sistema nya mismo. bakit di sya makakuha ng post-up player? because they play a five-out motion offense that rewards athleticism and jump shooters, and if you're a back-to-the-basket guy coming out of high school and have big pro dreams, one of the last places you want to go to is duke. you simply won't get the touches at the low blocks. no wonder elton brand left after his freshman year.

gfy
03-28-2009, 08:17 AM
^^ That was Stanford's problem too. Practically lily white. The last time it was competitive was when they had that tall Mormon guy years ago. Can't recall his name (onset of Alszheimers ;D)

Toto Battung
03-28-2009, 08:35 AM
gfy...are you talking about Stanford's Tim Young?

salsa caballero
03-28-2009, 08:57 AM
^^^^ Ahhh......Michael Thompson, the first McDonald's All-American in recent memory who became an NU Wildcat. On him were pinned the dreams of a first post-season appearance in years. Here was a true post player at 6-10, with some brains to come with the package, coming from Duke, after all. Enough of the eastern euro bigs with all of the length, the shooting but none of the physicality.

Awa ng Diyos, isang taon lang din ang tinagal at hindi pa rin naka-NCAA ang 2nd favorite college team ng ilan dito. May star complex 'ata ng Michael Thompson, hindi naman siya mala-Mychal Thompson.

P.S. Umabot ang NU sa NIT ngayong taon. Whoopeedoo.

pio_valenz
03-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Coach K and Duke will never admit it, but ever since Roy Williams arrived at Chapel Hill, Duke recruiting has gone down. Williams is a master recruiter, always has been. That was his job as an assistant for Dean Smith. On the other hand, I also heard (though not sure if this is true), that Coach K is now requiring his recruits to saty with Duke for at least three years. If this is so, malaking turn-off agad yan for many recruits.

coreytaylor
03-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Jez, Pittsburgh got eliminated by Villanova. :'( Same with Kansas and Arizona - both my underdog teams. :'(

Oh well, guess my new bet is Louisville.

Mateen Cleaves
03-30-2009, 05:58 AM
^Who's your new bet now? :) ... "Spartans! What is your profession? HA-OOH HA-OOH HA-OOH!!!"

5th Final Four in 10 years! I'm really happy for Travis Walton. He again led the defensive effort and shut down Terrence Williams for the day. More importantly, he continued the MSU's streak of having every Tom Izzo recruit, who has stayed to his senior year, play in at least one Final Four.* ;D

yungha
03-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Coach K and Duke will never admit it, but ever since Roy Williams arrived at Chapel Hill, Duke recruiting has gone down. Williams is a master recruiter, always has been. That was his job as an assistant for Dean Smith. On the other hand, I also heard (though not sure if this is true), that Coach K is now requiring his recruits to saty with Duke for at least three years. If this is so, malaking turn-off agad yan for many recruits.

K and roy went head to head in recruiting brandan wright and K lost out. he may be getting more flexible, though, as he is aggressively recruiting 6-4 point guard john wall, arguably the top recruit for 2009-2010 and conceded to be a one-and-done player. and though he's not too big on college transfers, he's welcomed seth curry, steph's younger bro who led all freshmen in scoring, who transferred from liberty in search of better competition and exposure.

it's hard to predict this year's outcome. each regional champ looks impressive and it's hard to say how they'll fare against each other. i'm most impressed though with UNC's relatively easy win over blake griffin and oklahoma. tar heels haven't been challenged so far in the tourney.

best guess - UNC.

pio_valenz
03-30-2009, 01:07 PM
^Yeah, I'm also gonna call it for UNC, with all due respect to Mateen and his beloved Spartans, of course. :)

Hansbrough scores only eight points but the Heels still handle Griffin and OU with relative ease. 'Nova's confidence is sky-high, though, and sometimes this can be the msot dangerous type of opponent.

Btw, does anyone know when was the last time Duke and UNC met in the tournament proper? I had booked them to meet in the Final Four this year in my bracket challenge before 'Nova blew out the Blue Devils in the Sweet 16.

I was able to watch a delayed telecast of the Michigan State-Lousville game this morning on BTV. Was very impressed with the way the Spartans just took apart Lousville 2-3 zone. Their center Goran Suton faced the basket for most of the game and hit some big jump shots, including a couple of threes.

coreytaylor
03-30-2009, 03:19 PM
^Who's your new bet now? :)* ... "Spartans! What is your profession? HA-OOH HA-OOH HA-OOH!!!"

5th Final Four in 10 years! I'm really happy for Travis Walton. He again led the defensive effort and shut down Terrence Williams for the day. More importantly, he continued the MSU's streak of having every Tom Izzo recruit, who has stayed to his senior year, play in at least one Final Four.** ;D

Well, they deserve to win. Congratulations to your team Mateen. :) T. Williams & S. Samuels were out of sink and no one in the team contributed much aside from E. Clark.

Hhmmm new bet? Villanova. ;D

coreytaylor
03-30-2009, 03:52 PM
K and roy went head to head in recruiting brandan wright and K lost out. he may be getting more flexible, though, as he is aggressively recruiting 6-4 point guard john wall, arguably the top recruit for 2009-2010 and conceded to be a one-and-done player. and though he's not too big on college transfers, he's welcomed seth curry, steph's younger bro who led all freshmen in scoring, who transferred from liberty in search of better competition and exposure.

Mahirap na kasi magrecruit nang magaling kaya si seth na lang kinuha.* :D btw, this is good news for Duke, for now. :D

john_paul_manahan
03-30-2009, 05:35 PM
at least they have a designated gunner. he will sit out next season and next season will be a third-yr sophomore

BLUE HORSE
03-30-2009, 11:38 PM
The transfer of Seth to Duke was a no brainer for the Curry family. As a league, the ACC will always be in the top 3 compared to other leagues and Duke is always in the upper echelon of the ACC. The Curry family saw how Duke nurtured and developed Gerald Henderson since he matriculated at Duke. Duke needs a pure point guard and in Seth they get an experienced pg who can score. He will get his minutes in combo with Smith, a son of another former NCAA, Louisville of the Dr. Dunkenstein era, and NBA. Duke will loose Henderson and the Chicago boy by then and coach K can concentrate in finding athletic wing players. Their only recruits for next year are 2 white players, a taller version of Kyle Singler and the younger but more athletic brother of Duke's rookie seven footer.

I have only 1 team left in my bracket, UNC. UNC was my pick from the beginning of the season. The team is just deep and Roy Williams is the beneficiary of the decision by 3 Tar Heel players to play another year and hopefully win a championship. Lawson, Green, Ellington and company better win the championship because the scuttle butt is they all plan to turn pro together led by their big man Heinsbrough. Don't cry for Roy Williams because his incoming class is loaded led by twin brothers from the West Coast who stand 6' 10".

I was amazed on how coach Izzo out coached Rick Pitino. The Spartans dictated the tempo of the game from the beginning as Louisville went to a zone and MSU was content on holding on to the ball looking for the best shot possible. Louisville could not impose their will as their outside shots were not falling and all the rebounds were contested. MSU even went on a box and one playing zone with Walton literally married to Williams. The problem for Pitino now is that a couple of his players were hoping to go hardship this year. Rather than reload, Pitino has to rebuild.

Connecticut looks like the real challenger to UNC and they better win the championship with a big problem looming in the future. The frontline of Connecticut causes a lot of problems for opposing team. One way to negate the big advantage of UConn is to get Thabeet in foul trouble. The recent revelation about the recruitment of Miles may land UConn in very hot waters. The allegations are 2 fold. A former team manager of UConn who became a pro agent supposedly paid for the medical expenses of Miles. There was also excessive communications between the coaching staff, Miles and the agent rivaling what Sampson did at Oklahoma and Indiana. If UConn is sanctioned by the NCAA, they may face suspension but the team record will not be altered as Miles never suited for the team before being dismissed for breaking team rules.

john_paul_manahan
04-02-2009, 08:59 AM
8 years, 31.65 million.

Kentucky and Calipari.

coreytaylor
04-02-2009, 09:25 AM
^^^ Question is, will Calipari's 5 star recruits follow? :)

Mateen Cleaves
04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I was amazed on how coach Izzo out coached Rick Pitino.*

It's not all on the head coach. Izzo's genius is also in putting together an assistant coaching staff that breeds future head coaches (e.g. Crean at Indiana, Gregory at Dayton, Boylen at Utah, Wocjik at Tulsa, Stan Heath at South Florida, etc.).* Even as they prepared for the Kansas game, the assistants were already breaking down both Louisville and Arizona on tape. And calling all of their coaching friends who played both teams previously. By late evening of the Kansas game -- the assistants would already have the coaching tendencies and player tendencies on individual DVD's for each player and coach to review. By morning, they would mark-up the hotel ballroom to simulate a basketball court and walkthrough their game plans for breaking the press, running their half-court offense and defense, etc.

It's a preparation system that they perfected in 2001, when they played ball-control, rugged defending Wisconsin in the semis. Then, the fastbreaking, full-court press system of Billy Donovan's Gators in the Finals. All with one day preparation in between.*

Of course, all that coaching prep would be useless if MSU doesn't have the horses to execute the game plan. This year, Izzo has as good and deep a roster as he's ever had since 2001. But are they good enough to win it all? Hopefully.* ;D

bchoter
04-02-2009, 09:04 PM
^^ Stephenson delays the announcement of his decision. Is it because of the coaching change?

BLUE HORSE
04-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Stephenson delayed his announcement because of the coaching change at Memphis and Kentucky.* Stephenson is rumored to be headed to Kansas.* But he will wait for the domino effect of Calipari's move.* Why?* Xavier Henry originally signed with Memphis but he requested and received a clause in his acceptance contract to play for Memphis that he will be released from his commitment if Calipari left Memphis for another school.* Henry is the top ranked senior according to ESPN.* Before deciding on Memphis, Henry also considered Kansas where both his parents played ball, think legacy.* There is very slim chance for Stephenson and Henry ending up in the same school playing the same position even if one if not both are destined as "rent a players" or one and done deals.

DeMarcus Cousins made an oral nonbinding commitment to play for Memphis.* That is now out of the door because he is not legally obligated to fulfill the promise.* He has once again opened his recruiting full time for the third time after first announcing that he was headed to UAB but never signed his binding letter of commitment when UAB refused to give him an outclause if the coach of UAB was ever fired.

The third player in play is point guard Wall of North Carolina.* He was leaning to Memphis before the change.* He will now consider other schools like Kansas and Duke.* Current Memphis players are also keeping their options open.* Tyreke Evans has announced that he will test the NBA waters now that Calipari is gone.* This was not a big surprise and this is why Calipari recruited Henry.* Memphis is the real looser because it not only lost their coach but almost all of their blue chip recruits.* Calipari tried to soften the blow and leave Memphis cup boards half full by trying to get the school to choose his former assistant who is now the head coach of Texas El Paso.* It may still happen but Memphis now wants to steal the head coach of another school.

Kentucky would love to land Henry and Cousins and they may still follow.* The big problem for Kentucky is that they do not have any open scholarships to offer.* Calipari has given the Kentucky players notice that those who can not meet his standards better start looking for other schools.* A little know fact about division I athletic scholarships is that they are not for the duration of the athletes college career but renewable contracts.* Most schools honor the scholarships on principle but certain colleges push out the holdovers to make room for "fresh meat" to satisfy the call for a quick fix championship run.

The other coaching domino's are starting to fall.* Rumor has it that Arizona has stolen Tim Floyd away from USC.* Arizona was under pressure to make a big splash in their next hire for the replacement of Lute Olson to remain competitive in the Pac 10.* Who does USC hire to replace Floyd who recently resurrected the USC basketball program from mediocrity?* How about Southern California native Dixon of Pitt?* If Pitt loose Dixon then the school will reach out to former Pitt star guard Miller who has found coaching success at Xavier.* Wazzou is till without a coach and same with Georgia who may be eyeing Capel of Oklahoma.* The coaching carousel just keeps going around until somebody decides to stop the motion by naming a up and coming assistant coach to be their head coach.

john_paul_manahan
04-05-2009, 07:30 AM
updates on the carousel:

tim floyd is not going to tucson. he is staying at LA.
mark fox (formerly of nevada) is going to UGA.

pearl re-ups at knoxville.
anderson stays at mizzou.

coreytaylor
04-05-2009, 09:38 AM
bye-bye UConn! ;D

Mateen Cleaves
04-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Tuesday, to win the championship, we have to 3-0 against the Big East, or 3-0 against NCAA tournament No. 1 seeds. One thing for sure, MSU is going to be ready for a war. Bring 'em on!

Go Green! Go White! ;D

schumi
04-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Go UNC !!!! 20 min to go :)

Bruticus
04-05-2009, 04:16 PM
It's North Carolina vs. Michigan State for the Title. The Spartans have homecourt advantage.

john_paul_manahan
04-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Tuesday, to win the championship, we have to 3-0 against the Big East, or 3-0 against NCAA tournament No. 1 seeds.* One thing for sure, MSU is going to be ready for a war. Bring 'em on!

Go Green! Go White! ;D

Good luck.

salsa caballero
04-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I want the green and white to win. (Para quota na ang green and white for the year, hahaha...)

By the way, this is exactly why I rooted for the celtics last year. :D

mighty_lion
04-06-2009, 07:42 PM
This is like legitimate contender (UNC) vs. dark horse team (MSU). The way I see it if you take out coaching aside this is a landslide victory for UNC. It would be interesting to know what are the X&Os that MSU will use this time around.

pio_valenz
04-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I wonder if Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson have any side bet going...

oca
04-06-2009, 08:53 PM
This is like legitimate contender (UNC) vs. dark horse team (MSU). The way I see it if you take out coaching aside this is a landslide victory for UNC. It would be interesting to know what are the X&Os that MSU will use this time around.

Except for the the games aired on BTV, limited ang knowledge ko sa dalawang teams na ito. But going by the wisdom ng isang miron, MSU should force a slow paced game. That will lessen possession at both ends of the court, but takes away more numbers from the better scoring team.

MSU must challenge every shot. Kahit dalawang hakbang ang layo from the 3pt line, dapat i-challenge. Pag bumitaw ang UNC, yung limang Spartan dapat naka-abang sa rebound play. Kalimutan nila yung transition baskets. Mag zona man sila o tao-tao, kahit anong variation, basta lima ang nandun to contest the rebound, they have a chance. Hindi naman papasok ang bawat tira ng UNC, deny them second shots, magandang laban ito.

Yung panalo ng MSU sa F4, bilib ako dun sa patience nila at the offensive end. That was very evident sa buong first half. Pero may ilang instances sa dulo ng laro na minadali yung tira, but most of this came after an offensive rebound. Baguhin lang ang mindset ng mga bata. Pag naka-offensive rebound, reset! Walang problema sa tuwing tatawid ng midcourt, maganda yung pinakita nilang tyaga. I doubt if UNC can force MSU to quicken the pace by pressuring the backcourt. Maganda ang composure ng backcourt ng MSU.

BLUE HORSE
04-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Magic is at the games. Tom Izzo invited all of the former players of MSU to the final 4 and Magic was given an opportunity to address the team. He was shown on tv cheering for the team.

Michael Jordan is also in Detroit. The Bobcats just played the Piston and I am sure that he would stay an extra day or so in Detroit to cheer UNC.

A commentator for ESPN and the local news actually brought the subject of a side bet between Michael and Magic. Not that Michael is a gambling man. For school pride na lang.

Tom Izzo has surprised everybody. Nobody thought that he would run with UConn but they did. The Spartans simply picked their spots. In their last 3 games, the Spartans have done a nice job limiting their turnovers and have done a great job with gang rebounding. This is probably the best coaching job of Tom Izzo.

yungha
04-07-2009, 12:30 AM
even in this final, biggest game of the season, mukhang di pa rin tayo pinagbigyan mga skycable subscribers.

MonL
04-07-2009, 09:58 AM
UNC ahead, 36-18, 8 minutes left in first half, MSU just had a 5-point run to cut the gap some.

Mateen Cleaves
04-07-2009, 01:00 PM
As Izzo said before the game, if both teams play well, UNC wins. MSU needed to make the Tar Heels play below par to have a chance. As it turned out, UNC was just too good. They were the best team, by far, at the beginning of the year. And except for a couple of hiccups in the ACC regular season, they were clearly the best at the end.

Bruticus
04-07-2009, 07:47 PM
even in this final, biggest game of the season, mukhang di pa rin tayo pinagbigyan mga skycable subscribers.

One option is to subscribe to Sky's Digibox. Andoon na yung BTV. Installation fee is 2K. BTV's monthly fee is 100.

pio_valenz
04-07-2009, 08:05 PM
UNC wanted to start strong and come running out of the gates if only to take the crowd out of the equation. They relaly pushed the ball in the first half; less than four seconds after a Spartan basket Ty Lawson would already have the ball at UNC's free throw line. Once they built that confortable lead at half time, they switched to a walk-it-up offense in the second half and concentrated on time management and milking the shot clock. There was no need to continue playing at a fast pace because they wanted to limit State's possessions. Milking the shot clock in the US NCAA is much more effective than in the NBA or PBA or any other league because they have the longest shot clock in the world at 35 seconds.

Michigan State just couldn't get any rhythm going with all those turnovers. Lawson was just incredible on the defensive end in the first half. Overall, great coaching by Roy Williams, great play by the UNC starters, great win by the Tar Heels.

salsa caballero
04-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Congrats Barack Obama for getting the winner right. You truly are blessed with the great gift of
prescience.

BLUE HORSE
04-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Not a hard pick for Obama. Tar Heel were the preseason pick to win it all. They eventually did when the team survived the initial bump on the road due to injuries to Lawson. Roy Williams will now reload with a great recruiting class while as many as 4 starters may depart for the NBA.

john_paul_manahan
04-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Griffin is leaving. not surprised.
Budinger is leaving. not surprised.

remains to be seen if green, lawson, ellington and hansbrough leave simultaneously like the florida 04s.

JonarSabilano
04-08-2009, 12:26 PM

remains to be seen if green, lawson, ellington and hansbrough leave simultaneously like the florida 04s.

How about Curry and Patty Mills?

Kid Cubao
04-08-2009, 12:41 PM
gut feel tells me the top seeds will justify their lofty rankings this time, so i don't expect any sleepers to upset the standings especially in the earlier rounds.

midwest bracket: (1) louisville vs (2) mich state = louisville
west bracket: (1) uconn vs (2) memphis = memphis
east bracket: (1) pittsburgh vs (3) villanova = villanova
south bracket: (1) north carolina vs (3) syracuse = north carolina

final 4 crossover:
louisville vs north carolina = north carolina
memphis vs villanova = memphis

championship: NC vs memphis = north carolina

i got it all wrong except for the eventual champs.

The_Big_Cat
04-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Two of the three CBS pre-game panel crew (including Greg Anthony) picked Michigan State to upset North Carolina.
When halftime came they were red in their faces because of the huge margin NC had over MSU.

Tyler Hansbrough looked solid thoughout the game. He can become a Luis Scola when he enters the NBA.

mighty_lion
04-08-2009, 05:37 PM

Perfect decision for him to stay in school last year. He has showcased his improved game this college season and more importantly... he is joining one of the weakest draft class in nba history. *;D This year its a no brainer to ask who would end up as the top pick.

mighty_lion
04-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Tyler Hansbrough looked solid thoughout the game. He can become a Luis Scola when he enters the NBA.

Udonis Haslem with slightly better offense.

pooty tang
04-08-2009, 06:06 PM

According to ESPN, the wiry Ed Davis looks to be a better NBA draft prospect than the four, even cracking ESPN's top 5 picks. As for the rest of the Tar Heels mentioned above, I see only Lawson and Hansbrough getting drafted in the first round. Ellington has an outside chance of making it into the first round. He had a great NCAA tournament run but it remains to be seen if he was able to impress NBA execs enough to get drafted early.

coreytaylor
04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
According to ESPN, the wiry Ed Davis looks to be a better NBA draft prospect than the four, even cracking ESPN's top 5 picks. As for the rest of the Tar Heels mentioned above, I see only Lawson and Hansbrough getting drafted in the first round. Ellington has an outside chance of making it into the first round. He had a great NCAA tournament run but it remains to be seen if he was able to impress NBA execs enough to get drafted early.

I doubt it. For me, I think Ellington is going to be picked ahead of Hansbrough. Ellington might be picked in mid 1st round and Hansbrough might be picked in the mid 1st round or late in the 1st round. Pero feeling ko lang yan ha. ;D

coreytaylor
04-09-2009, 10:07 AM

I also saw this but I don't think Ed Davis will join this year and if he does join, I don't think he will be picked as that high. I would rather see him stay to and lead UNC to another NC title next year. ;D

With Hansbrough, Ellington, Lawson, & Green leaving, Ed Davis will become their main man next season. He will also have the chance to increase his stock in next year's draft.

coreytaylor
04-09-2009, 10:15 AM
How about Curry and Patty Mills?

Stephen Curry and Patty Mills should leave for the NBA draft now. If they will stay, chances are, they're draft stock might depreciate in 2010.

john_paul_manahan
04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
based from what i have heard on the wire, davis has no preference on leaving.

jordan hill of zona, james harden of ASU and dejuan blair of pitt declared already. all have secured representation. in other words, no turning back. not surprised with their choices

jeff teague of wake forest also declares but has not sought representation. ditto jodie meeks of kentucky. both will return because teague played lousy in the tourney and meeks getting a chance to meet with 31.65 million man.

other news: calipari will have a memphis feel to their staff. speaking of memphis, they elevated josh pastner. zona hires sean miller from xavier.

coreytaylor
04-14-2009, 05:46 PM
With Cole Aldrich and Sherron Collins staying in school for another year, Kansas will be one of the strongest teams in the NCAA next year.

easter
04-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Duke's Greg Paulus might play College Football.

http://media.www.dukechronicle.com/media/storage/paper884/news/2009/04/15/MBasketball/Paulus.Works.Out.For.Packers-3710864.shtml

Mateen Cleaves
04-16-2009, 08:20 AM
If Greg Paulus does make it to the NFL as a quarterback, he'll feel right at home with everybody dunking on him. I just don't know if the refs will give him the call the first time he tries flop and draw a charge on a pass-rushing defensive end.* ;D

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20090414/112669.jpg

Kid Cubao
04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
^^ that's tight end tony gonzales of the chiefs executing his trademark slamdunk at the end zone after a touchdown. he's a sure hall of famer when he retires. at UC berkeley he played both football and basketball, and actually merited a lot of invites to try out with NBA teams in his younger days.

another intriguing story is the case of charlie ward. a heisman trophy winner at florida state, he made the surprise decision to play professional basketball despite playing backup to sam cassell, kundi ako nagkakamali. he never became a star, but his NBA career lasted long enough with the knicks and the spurs. this time, greg paulus is taking the other route--from basketball to football. despite being a top HS QB prospect, he never took a snap in college, and that might be a cause for concern for NFL scouts. tingnan natin.

john_paul_manahan
04-17-2009, 03:47 PM
he might stay in college... to play QB for the maize and blue.

Rich Rodriguez must be desperate to find someone for the spread.

EDIT: more updates:

isiah thomas will now try to wreck florida international (kudos for giving back his 1st yr salary)

flynn of syracuse is entering the draft with representation
harangody of notre dame and patty mills enter the draft without representation

come to think of it, this is a refined list by chad ford: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=InOut

remember cameron dollar (tyus edney's backup in the ucla title run of 95?) he is the coach at seattle univ.

georgetown's monroe stays. (BEast FOY)

BLUE HORSE
04-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice gesture on Isiah's part because the Knicks are still hooked for his salary. He had a live contract with the Knicks when they canned him. The Knicks are basically paying it off. If he gets employment from another institution, the Knicks will only owe the balance between his Knicks salary and the salary from FIU.

I believe FIU was one of the schools that tried to recruit Japeth Aguilar 3 years ago. The coaching staff relied a lot on hugot players from other programs.

Outlander
04-25-2009, 04:56 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-henrysdecision&prov=ap&type=lgns

Top prospect Henry ditches Calipari, picks Kansas

By JEFF LATZKE, AP Sports Writer

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP)—John Calipari’s move to Kentucky has cost him one of his prized recruits.

Oklahoma City high school star Xavier Henry announced Thursday that he would not follow Calipari after he left Memphis, and committed instead to play at Kansas.

“I’ve always loved Kansas, I’ve always watched them and it’s always been a dream school for me,” said Henry, who is considered the third-rated prospect in the country by both Rivals.com and ESPNU.

In reversing course, Henry fell in line with family tradition. His parents, Carl and Barbara, played basketball for the Jayhawks and his brother, C.J., originally committed to Kansas before he decided to pursue baseball after being a first-round pick by the New York Yankees.

Big brother ended up playing a role in Xavier’s decision, too. With his education being paid for by the Yankees, C.J. walked on at Memphis and redshirted last season. Xavier was going to follow him until Calipari replaced the fired Billy Gillispie at Kentucky.

The Henrys believe that C.J. will be allowed to transfer to Kansas—which beat Memphis in the 2008 national championship game—and not sit out another season because he is not on scholarship.

Kansas coach Bill Self, admittedly “crushed” when the Henrys first committed to Memphis, said Xavier was the most highly regarded prospect he’s signed.

“Some people may have him the first, the third, the sixth, the eighth,” Self said in a teleconference. “We’ve recruited some other great players, but I don’t think we ever recruited a prospect who was rated so high across the board for his entire high school career.

“There are few players in high school that possess the body, the strength, the explosion and the outside perimeter ability that Xavier has. You’ve got to defend him wherever he is on the floor.

Henry said he has “always dreamed of going to Kansas.”

“But I took a step back for my brother at Memphis, and now that he’s cleared to play anywhere, I’ll get my chance to play at Kansas,” he said.

Xavier Henry, a 6-foot-6 shooting guard, averaged 28.3 points and 6.5 rebounds . He shot 44 percent from 3-point range last season in leading Putnam City High School to the state title in the class that features Oklahoma’s largest schools.

Putnam City also won the Class 6A title in Henry’s freshman year, just after C.J. had moved on.

“Me and my brother, there’s no separating us. I’d do anything for my brother,” Xavier Henry said. “That’s why I was going to go to college with him even if I wasn’t into it as much as Kansas. I just wanted to be with my brother, and I want to spend as much time as I can with him.”

He chose not to follow in the footsteps of DeMarcus Cousins, another top 5 prospect who followed Calipari from Memphis to Kentucky.

Once the combination of his brother, Calipari and a stocked roster at Memphis disintegrated, the attraction of following in their parents’ footsteps was automatic for Xavier and C.J.

“I’m not really following him,” C.J. Henry told reporters by phone. “We just wanted to play together.”

Xavier Henry adds to a Kansas freshman class that already was ranked among the best in the country. With top players Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich also putting off a jump to the NBA to keep the Jayhawks’ starting five intact from a run to the NCAA tournament round of 16, Kansas becomes a front-runner for the 2010 national championship.

Barbara Henry said she was confident C.J. would be allowed to play next season, and she’s tickled that her sons will be together at her alma mater.

“I think it’s great. I know Xavier’s heart was with Kansas as well when he chose Memphis,” she said.

One decision that will have to wait is whether Xavier Henry’s first season at Kansas also will be his last before heading to the NBA.

“If it happens, it happens, but I just want to concentrate on winning the national championship next year,” Xavier Henry said. “There’s nothing more I like than winning, and winning the right way. I want to try my hardest to win and help my team win.”

Outlander
05-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Top recruit Wall chooses Kentucky

By Luke Winn, SI.com

When John Wall, the No. 1-rated point guard in the high school class of 2009, sat down for his final recruiting-deliberation meeting with advisor Brian Clifton late on Monday night, Clifton asked him a point-blank question.

"John, what do you want to do?"

Much of the college basketball nation had been waiting months for the answer, as the John Wall Sweepstakes turned into the John Wall Saga, with as many as eight schools still in the hunt for his services in April. The 6-foot-4 product out of Raleigh, N.C.'s Word of God Christian Academy had nearly committed to Memphis, but re-opened the process when coach John Calipari left for Kentucky. The number of angles into Wall's recruitment was overwhelming: He was a North Carolina fan, and Roy Williams phoned him from the Final Four, but never offered a scholarship. Wall's mother was an N.C. State fan. His advisor and former AAU coach, Clifton, was high on Duke.

Clifton's brother, Dwon, another one of Wall's former AAU coaches, was hired by Baylor. Florida pitched him on NBA-style pick-and-rolls; Kansas pitched him on joining a national championship-caliber team. Miami surprisingly secured Wall's last official campus visit, and he nearly committed there, too. Kentucky had been the destination for Wall's first out-of-state visit, back when Billy Gillispie was the coach, and once Calipari arrived in Lexington, he put the full-court press on Wall, and continued to do so even after signing another five-star point guard, Eric Bledsoe. The long-standing feeling amid the chaos was that the Wildcats remained in the driver's seat.

On Monday, Wall finally had an answer for Clifton: "I want to go to Kentucky."

Calipari's sales pitch won out. Wall cited his relationship with the coach "as the thing that pushed [Kentucky] over." Calipari had, Clifton said, managed to assuage any concerns about a glut at the point-guard position in Lexington. "They told John that even though he'd have to fight for the position, he was their guy," Clifton said. "They said they were recruiting him to start, and to run the team. And John was convinced."

A Kentucky source confirmed to SI.com that they'd been contacted on Monday night with the news. Clifton said he believed Calipari was at Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals in Pittsburgh when he received a text message about Wall's decision. The Kentucky coach they first spoke with was assistant Rod Strickland, whom Clifton said was also instrumental in swaying Wall to Lexington due to his NBA experience at point guard. When they got Calipari on the phone later in the evening, Clifton said the coach's first words were, "Thank you."

It was an understandable time to be thankful. Calipari already had Rivals.com's No. 1 recruiting class for 2009-10 prior to Wall's commitment, but with him Kentucky appears to assembled one of the best recruiting classes of the decade. It includes a second five-star point guard in Bledsoe, a 6-1 prospect from Birmingham, Ala.; two five-star big men in 6-9 DeMarcus Cousins of Mobile, Ala., and 6-10 Daniel Orton of Oklahoma City; a four-star shooting guard in 6-6 John Hood of Madisonville, Ky.; and a four-star junior college small forward in 6-7 Darnell Dodson of Miami-Dade Community College. "We'll have a lot of pressure on us," Wall told Scout.com. "Everyone says we'll be the best class in a while, but it'll be bumpy because a couple of us will be freshmen. We'll get on the right page and make a good run at it."

Read complete article here-- http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/05/19/wall.kentucky/index.html?eref=T1

coreytaylor
05-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Ang tindi na ng Kentucky. They got the top 2 HS players in the land, John Wall & DeMarcus Cousins.

pepman
05-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Ang tindi na ng Kentucky. They got the top 2 HS players in the land, John Wall & DeMarcus Cousins.

Hay Coach John Calipari talaga

Reflex
05-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Calipari has arguably the most talented roster in college basketball, its now a matter of getting everyone on the same page and playing together.