PDA

View Full Version : USC vs DLSU

Percival
11-22-2008, 03:27 PM
saw this sports show and these hosts made their fearless forecasts, DLSU is going to beat USC by a long shot. well, lets give them hell guys, show them what "old school" basketball is all about. Go Warriors! Whohooooooooo!

mrard
11-26-2008, 07:47 PM
USC has a bright future with Hermosa as well as Rowe and Padillo. JOven is a hardworking player and also Cortez. Even if they were beaten by 20points earlier by the Green Archers of DLSU, this team earned my respect. :)

thadzonline
11-27-2008, 01:33 AM
pildi, 71-51...ok ra na..otherwise that would have been a major upset. USC will definitely be a better team next year with Padayao coming back and JB coming in.

Joescoundrel
11-27-2008, 09:07 AM
UAAP runner-up De Lasalle University needed a little while to get it done but eventually overwhelmed Cebu powerhouse University of San Carlos 71-51 at the ongoing PCCL Sweet 16 at the Fil Oil Flying V Arena in San Juan.

Head coach Franz Pumaren used mainly his reserves to start the game and they got off to a good enough start behind guard Hiram Bagatsing and forward Joshua Webb starting off on the firing end. Both sides however looked a little tight and tentative, falling into a mess of turnovers throughout the first period. Swingman Gio Padillo and guard Paul Joven however were keeping San Carlos in the fight as they ran a two-man game on the high-low.

Much ballyhooed Filipino-Australian forward Emel Rowe was fielded in the second period but seemed out of game shape and was soon coming to grief against the toughened Lasalle defense. First superstar forward Rico Maierhofer was all over him and then fellow Filipino-Australian center PJ Walsham came in to provide more body banging against the 6'5" Rowe. Maierhofer as usual provided the highlight of the game with a two-handed slam dunk off a steal as the Green Archers went to their dreaded fullcourt pressure defense midway through the second period.

Although San Carlos was hanging in there the disparity in the team game was apparent as Lasalle went to its long-time strengths on the high pick and roll, pick and flare and the two-man game on the high-low with Walsham and Ferdinand attacking the baseline from the low blocks. Jordan Hermosa and Rowe tried to keep the Green Archers from blowing the game too wide open in the third period.

JV Casio made it a 17-point lead at 57-40 to start the payoff fourth period and that was about all she wrote for the boys from Cebu. Rowe tried to bring San Carlos back into the fight nailing back to back treys midway through the fourth period to make it 58-48 but that was about as good as it got for his side. Hermosa, Joven and former UPIS star guard Jacques Bautista all came a little short in their efforts to try and rally San Carlos.

PJ Barua put the finishing touches on the Lasalle victory as he made off with back to back steals in the end game. Casio led Lasalle with 13 points while Bagatsing and Barua had 11 markers each.

Hermosa led San Carlos with 13 markers of his own although no other San Carlos player had double-digits.

"I really wish they had scheduled the PCCL some other time because now it coincides with the PBL schedule. I have only gotten six or seven players in my regular practices because the rest are in the PBL and they are getting major minutes," lamented Pumaren in the post-game interview. "I even bought basketball shoes for myself already just in case so that I can join the practices para at least walo kami," he jokingly added.

"We did not even expect to make it here sa Sweet 16, natalo namin ang Xavier sa Cagayan, and Xavier is a strong team, we thought for sure we might not make it past them but we did," said USC head coach Mike Reyes for his part.

thadzonline
11-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Mike Reyes couldnt have said it better sa dugout:

"Ok na ang nakarating tayo dito. We're a young team and we're improving"

USC was so obsessed with breaking that press which they were successful for a large part of the game. But they couldn't find the basket, mukhang starstruck. Hermosa and Gallarde couldn't even make easy shots

Percival
11-27-2008, 09:42 AM
USC got talent, a lil on the heart department is something we could do more. :)* Go Warriors!* Lets get em next year!