PDA

View Full Version : Justice for Air21

jonas-jason
11-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm a big fan of San Miguel/(Magnolia) but i think they don't deserve their victory over Air21.
I have nothing against San Miguel, The one to blame here well...
the idiot referees cause at the end of the over time,
Air21 already won when Ranidel made that 3 pointer.
Its very very clear that he made a 3 point basket.
The referees there are just too dumb to call it a "3".

For San Miguel, Congratulations on your win ;D.

For Air21, Nice fight you put in :D.

For the referees, next time...
pls review the replays more clearly. >:(

thadzonline
11-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I wouldnt be surprised with how biased PBA officiating is. I watched the Ginebra vs. Rain or Shine game last night, I was so pissed off by the officiating I switched channels in the 3rd quarter

easter
11-06-2008, 09:52 AM
I think the coaching staff was at fault there as well more than the refs.

All coaches in the PBA use the replay rule as a ploy especially for three point shots made. I have seen Yeng Guiao used this thing a number of times.

Why did Perasol and the others not used the replay rule? Maybe they were convinced at first that indeed it was a 2pt shot. This was a big mistake on their part.

chinito_guy
11-06-2008, 10:38 AM
well a win is still a win, i'm just glad SMB got the good side of the calls.* ;D ;D ;D

Beermen for life!* ;)

durden_tyler
11-06-2008, 07:25 PM
i am a big big San Miguel fan. But, this was easily an Air 21 win. After blowing the 19 point lead, the Beermen SHOULD lose that ball game.

Fair? Most definitely not and the LEAGUE has to review this one--- technology should be used in-game or post-game for the betterment of the game.

In fairness to the referees, they had NO time to review it after that particular play. The Beermen had zero timeouts left and the play pushed through. In fairness to the Air 21 coaching staff they did not bother to protest and played on because there was no lull after that particular play.

i am not too sure of the PBA's rule on challenges i believe it is applicable during the first three quarters (and a half probably, and during timeouts) but can not be applied at the end part of the game (Meaning for this one any "judgement" call by the referees is deemed final)

However, i would like to believe that the commissioner has the power to review such incidents (And should Air 21 file a formal protest) and the best thing that he can do is admit that the refs were wrong and necessary actions will be taken.

There is only one option which i feel will be fair to both squads.

Replay the ball game at that time (9 second mark) and give Ranidel his 6th point of the game (and Air 21 the lead) and play the remaining part of the ball game.

a_ron
11-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Air 21 clearly won that game klarong2x from the TV replay...just hope the PBA technical team will render a favorable ruling tomorow...

jmaroons23
11-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Well, Sonny Barrios denied the appeal. very bad decision! Biruin mo, you make an effort to make a 3 point shot, only to be put into nothing because of a mistake clearly made by the referees/officials. Sabi din si Com. Barrios, Air 21 had one more overtime to more that the game belonged to them, and obviously, that didn't happen. I think that could be said if they lost by a huge margin. Pero HELLOOO! It was just a one point win! Oh well, this is clearly wrong. More games like this, and the ratings will once again drop. I think the better solution is to provide a rematch, para naman medyo fair for both parties

bchoter
11-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Ano ba yan. Eh moot na dapat yung OT kung counted as 3 yung tira. Dehado na ang Air21 sa OT because of the disappointment. Draining din yun ha. The fact that they still hang in there says a lot about them.

chinito_guy
11-12-2008, 01:35 PM
breakzzzz of the game*(a bad case that is) ;D ;D

a_ron
11-12-2008, 10:46 PM
It is really a three point shot with out a doubt got this from you tube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEwhIJudA6A..

Potchi_coolwhip55
12-30-2008, 08:27 PM
di man tumapak sa black line eh para tawaging two-point basket... nasa new rule yun diba?? na kahit tumapak ka sa white line which is the farther one from the basket eh 3 yung count?? in short, ang sinusunod na distance ng three ngayon eh yung nearer line from the basket... eh malinaw na di tumapak si De ocampo dun.. pero bakit 2 lang yun?? :P