Pages : [1] 2

CM_Punk
10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
From BTV website:

Wednesday, October 29

NBA Opening Week: Milwaukee Bucks at Chicago Bulls Live * * * ** * * *8:30 AM
NBA Opening Week: Portland Trail Blazers at LA Lakers Via Satellite * *11:00 AM

Thursday, October 30

NBA Opening Week: Toronto Raptors at Philadelphia 76ers Live * * * ** * * *7:00 AM
NBA Opening Week: LA Clippers at LA Lakers Live * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * ** 10:30 AM

Friday, October 31

NBA Opening Week: Charlotte Bobcats at Cleveland Cavaliers Live * * * 7:00 AM
NBA Opening Week: New Orleans Hornets at Phoenix Suns Live * * * ** * 10:30 AM

________

I'm looking forward to watching L.A. Lakers vs. Portland and finally getting to see Greg Oden and Rudy Fernandez play in the NBA, and Toronto vs. Philly show off their new big men, Elton Brand vs. Jermaine O'Neal.

aircanda
10-28-2008, 10:42 PM
^^ makikita naten kung epektib pa ren si Oden..

chinito_guy
10-29-2008, 12:53 PM
^ Oden 0 points nung 1st 2 qrtrs naka Iskor narin sa wakas, tsk tsk tsk! malas ng Blazers nakasagupa nila agad ang LA LAKERS na may 4 na 7 footer, si MIHM banko pa hahahaha.

lakas ng line up ng Lakers: BYNUM, GASOL, ODOM, BRYANT and FISHER* :o

si Daboy kumakamada sa Blazers! ;D

tigerman
10-29-2008, 01:07 PM
The defending NBA champs Boston Celtics started their season with a close 90-85 win against the Cavs, one of their major obstacles for a back-to-back.

The defending west champs Lakers are routing the listless Blazers as of this writing. Last year's no. 1 pick Greg Oden struggled in his debut. He did grab 5 rebounds but failed to score.He didn't return in the 2nd half due to a reported ankle injury.

This year's no. 1 pick Derrick Rose almost had a double-double in his NBA debut as the Bulls charged past the Bucks and erstwhile coach Scott Skiles. This is the 1st win of Chicago coach Vinny del Negro.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

joelex
10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
im impressed with rose's play. very aggresive as a rookie, has a ton of confidence aside from having a good combo of quickness and strength to go around the basket. although not projected to be a playoff team, I think the bulls have the material to compete for the last few post season spots.

mighty_lion
10-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Rose outside shooting is still suspect. Kahit yong midrange hindi pa reliable. Pagnadevelop nya kahit yong midrange game lang sakit sa ulo yan sa best of 7 series. I can see him develop into Dwane Wade 2.0 in 2-4 years time.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Rose outside shooting is still suspect. Kahit yong midrange hindi pa reliable. Pagnadevelop nya kahit yong midrange game lang sakit sa ulo yan sa best of 7 series. I can see him develop into Dwane Wade 2.0 in 2-4 years time.

This is the same argument that I'm having with my friends yesterday. They were telling me that Rose can afford not to have a mid-range game due to Hinrich, Gordon, and Sefalosha who can all spot up and hit the three. They would need Rose's dribble-drive game more this season but I say it will keep his defenses more honest if he has a dribble pull up jumper in his offensive arsenal. As for yesterday, his game was okay to me. He did his PG chores pretty well.

The Lakers showed yesterday that they can play tough defense too hehe. More activity on the pick and roll set the tempo for the Laker defense and disrupted the game for the Blazers. Rudy Fernandez played well for me. He even outscored all the starters at one stretch. Roy and Aldridge were missing in action in yesterday's game. For Oden? Mukhang may problema pa yung microfracture surgery niya.

The_Big_Cat
10-30-2008, 08:29 AM
The Lakers looked awesome yesterday. Balanced scoring and excellent defense is their new formula this season.
And off course, their new twin towers standing 7-feet (Gasol & Bynum) were fantastic.

I think Gasol and Bynum are the first pair of 7-footers to start in the NBA. Houston's twin towers in 1985 had Hakeem (6'11) and Ralph Sampson (7'4") while San Antonio in 1998 had David Robinson (7'1") and Tim Duncan (6'10).

CM_Punk
10-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Greg Oden is is expected to be out 2-4 weeks with a mid-lateral foot sprain on his right foot. In the few minutes that he did play against L.A. I thought he looked too heavy, and was having a hard time running down the floor. He needs to lose the extra weight, which will happen once he gets into better game shape in the next few months.

marmand
10-30-2008, 10:29 AM
^ Reminds me of Sam Bowie. A lot of potential but injury prone. ( Both were first picks of their respective drafts, Bowie-1984, Oden-2007 )

coreytaylor
10-30-2008, 10:40 AM
The Lakers looked awesome yesterday. Balanced scoring and excellent defense is their new formula this season.
And off course, their new twin towers standing 7-feet (Gasol & Bynum) were fantastic.

I think Gasol and Bynum are the first pair of 7-footers to start in the NBA. Houston's twin towers in 1985 had Hakeem (6'11) and Ralph Sampson (7'4") while San Antonio in 1998 had David Robinson (7'1") and Tim Duncan (6'10).

Tim Duncan is 7'0.

The_Big_Cat
10-30-2008, 11:04 AM
^Duncan is listed sometimes at either 6'11" or 6'10". The Spurs announcer introduces him as "The 6'10 forward out of Wake Forest".

Dark Knight
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
DRIVE FOR 18!!!!!!!!!!!

You all know which team im refering to. ;D

tigerman
10-30-2008, 03:06 PM
^ New Jersey Nets? ;D

A great start for the rebuilding franchise despite the fact that the move to Brooklyn is in trouble right now.

Once again, the Lakers showed to their fellow Staples Center tenants which is the better LA team as they beat the living hell of the Camby-less Clippers.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

aircanda
10-30-2008, 08:07 PM
^ New Jersey Nets?* ;D

A great start for the rebuilding franchise despite the fact that the move to Brooklyn is in trouble right now.

Once again, the Lakers showed to their fellow Staples Center tenants which is the better LA team as they beat the living hell of the Camby-less Clippers.*

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

kawawa nga eh.. the LA crowd are rooting for Lakers kahit Clips yung homecourt... hehehe

malas lang talaga siguro si Oden. but did you see his block on Bynum's shot..? mukhang preview of what he has in his pocket..

mighty_lion
10-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Lot of surprises today especially from rookies drafted outside of top 10.
1. Mario Chalmers - 17 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 1 turnover
2. Darell Arthur - 11 pts (5/9), 15 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 assist, 1 steal
3. Jason Thompson - 18 pts (7-11), 10 rebounds, 1 block

tigerman
10-30-2008, 11:08 PM
first-time head coaches (all ex-NBA players) also got W's right in their very 1st NBA game:

1. Michael Curry (Detroit)
2. Terry Porter (Phoenix)
3. Vinny del Negro (Chicago)

I'm not sure but I think only Erik Spoelstra of Miami failed to win in his NBA debut among rookie head coaches.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

arjay_g
10-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Terry Porter's not a rookie coach but it is his first stint with Phoenix. :)

on that note, Mike D'Antoni also won his first game with New York (and Starbury was benched! haha)

chinito_guy
10-31-2008, 10:10 AM

on that note, Mike D'Antoni also won his first game with New York (and Starbury was benched! haha)

Aw, starbury was benched? tsk tsk tsk looks like an indication of a coming Word War 3 in the Knicks' Team :D :D :D

The_Big_Cat
10-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Ang tindi ni Amare Stoudemire kahapon as his Suns got back at the Spurs inspite of the 30-point game of Tony Parker.

chinito_guy
10-31-2008, 10:57 AM
^ samahan pa ng 15 point performance ni Big Diesel kamo, hehehehe balewala 30 points ni Tony ;D

Mateen Cleaves
10-31-2008, 02:15 PM

Bill Cartwright and Patrick Ewing with the Knicks?

dark_seid
10-31-2008, 07:00 PM
^ Reminds me of Sam Bowie. A lot of potential but injury prone.* ( Both were first picks of their respective drafts, Bowie-1984, Oden-2007 )

bowie was the 2nd pick of the 84 draft. hakeem was #1.

Bill Cartwright and Patrick Ewing with the Knicks?

you can call tim duncan a 7 footer even if he plays the power forward position.
and don't forget about dirk nowitzi and a nominal starting center (dampier or diop or whoever dallas have).
you also had the then baby bulls chandler and curry (although from the television, eddy doesn't look that tall).
then finally you have 6'13 kevin garnett with rasho in minny.
and i think cartwright was a backup center to ewing.

The_Big_Cat
10-31-2008, 07:14 PM
^Dampier is the regular starting center for Dallas with Nowitzki but Dampier is 6'11".
I never saw Ewing and Cartwright started together.

cub
10-31-2008, 07:27 PM
how about the 7'6 Shawn Bradley and 7'0 Dirk Nowitzki in 2004-05?

The_Big_Cat
10-31-2008, 07:31 PM
how about the 7'6 Shawn Bradley and 7'0 Dirk Nowitzki in 2004-05?

Ah Yes. This was in the playoffs against Houston.

But to see Gasol and Bynum start for the Lakers for a full 82 games, they will be hard to beat with that awesome pair of seven-footers.

tigerman
10-31-2008, 10:59 PM

Opps sorry for the mistake. I guess Porter's coaching stint with the Bucks wasn't memorable on my part. ;D Thanks for the correction.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

coreytaylor
11-01-2008, 07:45 AM
But to see Gasol and Bynum start for the Lakers for a full 82 games, they will be hard to beat with that awesome pair of seven-footers.

Definitely the team to beat this season. Nakakatakot! I think they are seeking another trip to the Finals this year and I'm sure they seeking payback time against the C's. Watch out for Celtics Vs. Lakers - Part II in the Finals.

arjay_g
11-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Aw, starbury was benched? tsk tsk tsk looks like an indication of a coming Word War 3 in the Knicks' Team* :D :D :D

reports have it that Starbury has been put in the disabled list. Mukha ngang WW3. haha ;D :D

stonecold316
11-01-2008, 03:58 PM

Definitely the team to beat this season. Nakakatakot! I think they are seeking another trip to the Finals this year and I'm sure they seeking payback time against the C's. Watch out for Celtics Vs. Lakers - Part II in the Finals.

The Lakers is more dangerous this season with the entry of Andrew Bynum. Dahil andiyan na siya, hindi na kailangan maglaro ni Gasol sa center position. The Lakers bench are also awesome. Kahit nakaupo ang starters, hindi stagnant ang offense ng team kasi magaling ang reserves nila eh.

Hope the Lakers will be injury free this year because if this happens, winning the NBA championship is not far-fetched.

Mateen Cleaves
11-01-2008, 05:11 PM
I never saw Ewing and Cartwright started together.

Probably because it didn't last long. Hubie Brown tried it with Ewing at the PF and Mr. Bill at C. This was clearly a copycat attempt inspired by Houston's Twin Towers. The experiment failed and Hubie Brown was fired before the All-Star break... everything turned out well for the men concerned. Brown moved into broadcasting and became one of the top analysts in the game. Cartwright was eventually shipped to the Bulls for Charles Oakley, and earned championship rings there... And Ewing got the center spot all to himself and became an all-time Knick great.

coreytaylor
11-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Malakas nga ang Lakers but i ain't that really worried...ang dami nilang mababanggang malalakas na team this year in the playoffs...and if they do beat them all and move on to the finals, I can always count on the C's! ;) As long as kobe is in LA, I will always be an anti-lakers fan. ;D

MonL
11-01-2008, 08:02 PM
^ Reminds me of Sam Bowie. A lot of potential but injury prone.* ( Both were first picks of their respective drafts, Bowie-1984, Oden-2007 )

And the Blazers never heard the end of all that criticism for choosing that pick over some guard named MJ.

marmand
11-01-2008, 08:22 PM

And the Blazers never heard the end of all that criticism for choosing that pick over some guard named MJ.

At that time, They had Drexler and their center position was their weakest link. Yes, Bowie was the 2nd pick of the 84 draft. How could I forget the Dream! ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
11-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Malakas nga ang Lakers but i ain't that really worried...ang dami nilang mababanggang malalakas na team this year in the playoffs...and if they do beat them all and move on to the finals, I can always count on the C's! ;) As long as kobe is in LA, I will always be an anti-lakers fan.* ;D

E paano by some miracle of faith e mapunta sa atin si Kobe in the future hehehe. :D

chinito_guy
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
The Toronto Raptors are doing good, although many would not bet on this team, i will pick them because i really am a Raptors fan, hope they get pass round 1 this season.

The Indiana Pacers really dismantled the Boston Cs last weekend, what the hell did those guys ate??

bigfreeze_bibby
11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
The Toronto Raptors are doing good, although many would not bet on this team, i will pick them because i really am a Raptors fan, hope they get pass round 1 this season.

The Indiana Pacers really dismantled the Boston Cs last weekend, what the hell did those guys ate??

The C's were not able to match the intensity of the Pacers. Ibang-iba ang body language ng Pacers kahapon while it was the direct opposite for the Celtics. They should start to change that kundi sa kangkungan sila pupulutin on Wednesday against the Rockets. On the road pa naman yung game na yun. Bumebenta yung pagkuha ng Hornets kay Posey. So far, James Posey has lifted the Hornets in their past two games against the Suns and the Cavs. Pressure clutch player si Posey in both games hitting threes in crucial stretches of the game.

coreytaylor
11-03-2008, 01:21 PM
E paano by some miracle of faith e mapunta sa atin si Kobe in the future hehehe. :D

eh anti-celtics na rin ako ;D

Dark Knight
11-03-2008, 11:03 PM

Well, 79 games to go..............

chinito_guy
11-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Mga Dude! Iverson is going to Pistons for McDyes,Samb and Billups!! whoaa!!! :o :o :o

REad all about it: http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/03/nuggets.pistons.trade.ap/index.html

coreytaylor
11-04-2008, 12:44 PM
^^^ WTF!!!! Pistons na ako!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Ang lakas!!!!

CM_Punk
11-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Denver got a good return for A.I. but this trade still doesn't help them get better in the tough Western conference. At least Carmelo gets to be the undisputed #1 guy again on his team.

Dark Knight
11-04-2008, 07:07 PM
The Celtics should acquire Bynum. ;D

chinito_guy
11-04-2008, 07:34 PM
^^^ WTF!!!! Pistons na ako!!!!* ;D* ;D* ;D

Ang lakas!!!!

How About this Trade pare?? --> http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-dumarslebron110308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

LEBRONE to Pistons* in 2010 ;D ;D ;D

bchoter
11-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Short-sighted view I think the Nuggets will be better this season with the trade, moreso if McDyes sticks around. But the potential of AI in Detroit is off the roof.

tigerman
11-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Detroit - 2010 'nuff said

Denver - I expect them to have problems financially since they'll have to deal with the contracts of Melo, KMart, Nene and Billups. Add to the mix the likes of Smith and Kleiza and you're now looking at the West version of the Knicks.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
11-05-2008, 11:17 AM
If the Spurs don't get their acts together soon, they might see themselves staring at a 0-3 start. Dallas is leading by a large margin so far.

Life without Manu is difficult indeed.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

chinito_guy
11-05-2008, 12:44 PM
If the Spurs don't get their acts together soon, they might see themselves staring at a 0-3 start. Dallas is leading by a large margin so far.

Life without Manu is difficult indeed.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

well there it is a 0-3 start for the SAS!* 98-81 DAL, maybe a case of "we miss Manu badly" ;D

coreytaylor
11-05-2008, 12:59 PM
san antonio will be just fine. ;) pasok pa rin sa playoffs yan. :)

coreytaylor
11-05-2008, 01:03 PM
How About this Trade pare?? --> http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-dumarslebron110308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

LEBRONE to Pistons* in 2010 ;D ;D ;D

well, i dont really believe they can land lebron. no one knows where he will end up whether in the east or west by 2010.

dark_seid
11-05-2008, 02:29 PM
with oberto out, does 4-time nba champion san antonio spurs interest the soon-to-bought-out antonio mcdyess?
or will he fancy going to the defending champion playing the role of pj brown from 2008?

it's not far out to think he won't go back to detroit as widely rumored.

Mateen Cleaves
11-05-2008, 03:39 PM
well, i dont really believe they can land lebron. no one knows where he will end up whether in the east or west by 2010.

BTW, for all the talk about Lebron in 2010, the list of "others" can't be considered leftovers at all. The list of unrestricted free agents include:

2009: Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur, Shawn Marion, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, Grant Hill, Mike Bibby, Andre Miller

2010: Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Dwayne Wade, Richard Jefferson, Michael Redd, Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudamire, Manu Ginobili

Kobe Bryant and Yao Ming also have the option of becoming unrestricted free agents in 2009 and 2010, respectively. But all signs point to those guys staying put.

yungha
11-06-2008, 11:48 AM
there was this kid who whenever he stayed with his dad, the dad would beat him. whenever he stayed with his mom, his mom would also beat him. finally, Social Services decided to intervene.

they asked the kid, "Who do you want to stay with?"

the boy replied, "the knicks. they never beat anybody."

arjay_g
11-06-2008, 03:53 PM
^lol good one. ;D

btw, the hawks just beat the hornets. woah.

cub
11-06-2008, 11:37 PM
we witnessed a scoring day today in the NBA. i thought Amare will be the highest pointer with his 49points (to go with 11rebs, 6assists, 5stls and 2 blks) but Tony Parker had a monster game. he had 55pts 10rebs and 7assists.

chinito_guy
11-07-2008, 02:22 PM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/gerific/ept_sports_nba_experts-546735556-12.jpg

want a Bigger View? visit:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/GTAS-comics-Marbury-and-Curry-DNP-CD-extraordi?urn=nba,120242

tigerman
11-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Wow what a shot by Brandon Roy. Life without Oden seems to be ok so far. ;D

Meanwhile, a lot of teams are going after Antonio McDyess. Obviously, only those with a chance to win the crown will be in Dice's wishlist.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

nash_bedista
11-07-2008, 10:04 PM
2 teams lang yan..

Whether Dice decides to return in Motown City

or

Hello Boston Celtics ala "PJ BROWN" ;D

tigerman
11-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Devin Harris and the Nets spoiled AI's 1st game as a Piston.

The Hawks remain undefeated. :o

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

john_paul_manahan
11-08-2008, 09:10 PM
and the clippers remain winless

chinito_guy
11-09-2008, 02:37 PM
and so as Washington... :D

mighty_lion
11-09-2008, 06:20 PM

Patience please. We have yet to see if Camby-Kaman experiment will work. Until then...

PS. I dont really think this experiment will work.. Clog ang driving lane ni Davis palagi pagnasa loob si Camby and Kaman.

a_ron
11-09-2008, 06:32 PM

Patience please. We have yet to see if Camby-Kaman experiment will work. Until then...

PS. I dont really think this experiment will work.. Clog ang driving lane ni Davis palagi pagnasa loob si Camby and Kaman.

maybe in the next few games it might work...

Regular Grey
11-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Maganda laban tomorrow - Lakers Vs. Rockets.

mighty_lion
11-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Clippers got their first win

tigerman
11-10-2008, 09:35 AM
I just read in a news article that CP3 has surpassed the great Oscar Robertson's record of 20-10 double-doubles to start a season.* :o

With Bynum returning to the Lakers, I think Kobe's chances of repeating as MVP has diminished. If the Hornets and the Cavs continue winning, the MVP race will be a LeBron vs. CP3 contest.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!*

mighty_lion
11-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Speaking of Bynum okey din yong Will Bynum. Pwedeng filler sa malalim na fantasy league.

tigerman
11-10-2008, 11:20 AM
ot: Anlufeeet ng avatar mo. ;D

Anyway, with Utah losing earlier to the Knicks, only the Hawks and the Lakers remain undefeated.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
11-10-2008, 11:47 AM
ot: Anlufeeet ng avatar mo.* ;D

Anyway, with Utah losing earlier to the Knicks, only the Hawks and the Lakers remain undefeated.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

ot: jowa niya iyon. ;D

Who would have thought that after a week, the Atlanta Hawks would be leading the Eastern Conference?
But Boston and Cleveland will still lord it over in the East.

On the west, I still don't see that Camby-Kaman tandem going to work well with the Clips.
Unless Kaman becomes a Pau Gasol and slide over the 4 and let Marcus play his natural position at 5.
Kaman, imo, is a bit slow defensively if he slides to the 4 spot.

tigerman
11-10-2008, 11:50 AM
I read in realgm that Tony Parker will miss a month due to the ankle injury he suffered vs. Miami. Mrs. Tony Parker will have more quality time with him. ;D

If the Spurs want to stay afloat in a tough western conference, Timmy needs to play consistently as he will not have either Manu or Parker to come to the rescue.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

aircanda
11-10-2008, 12:57 PM
^^ masyado ata sa 55 point performance niya..

mighty_lion
11-10-2008, 01:29 PM
ot: Anlufeeet ng avatar mo.* ;D

gawang thailand yan pre. ;D

Tinambakan ng Lakers ang Houston after trailing in the first half.

tigerman
11-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Dwight Howard with a rare kind of a triple-double earlier vs. Oklahoma City - 30 points, 19 rebounds and 10 BLOCKS

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
11-13-2008, 11:22 PM
My thoughts for the day after checking the box scores:

- Good to see Sixers winning but yeah what the **** is wrong with them? They have been underachieving so far.
- Looks like Celtics-Haws is going to be a classic playoff series this season.
- Spurs? Bruce Bowen after 550+ consecutive career start in SA is now an off the bench player. At age 37 he can still kick your ankle like he is 25. :P Will Spurs do a Miami Heat this season?
- How many games will it take to conclude Camby-Kaman experiment is a failure?
- Mike Conley looks like a legitimate bust. Will Greg Oden follow his path?

chinito_guy
11-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Tough Luck for the Leprechaun squad to beat the Atlanta Hawks! The C's will have a hard time again this season if ever they face the Young Hawks in a series.

dark_seid
11-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Tough Luck for the Leprechaun squad to beat the Atlanta Hawks! The C's will have a hard time again this season if ever they face the Young Hawks in a series.

did paul pierce guard joe johnson?

mighty_lion
11-15-2008, 09:36 AM
http://i36.tinypic.com/2jcuio3.gif

Tilapon si Tmac and Yao. ;D

chinito_guy
11-17-2008, 11:34 AM

Tilapon si Tmac and Yao.* ;D

hindi ko napanood ung game n ito, ano ba nangyari at nagkaroon ng scuffle?

mighty_lion
11-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Detroit now 1-3 after getting Iverson. ???

mighty_lion
11-17-2008, 12:29 PM

di ko rin napanoud. nagkainitan si Nash and Alston.

cub
11-17-2008, 12:52 PM

di ko rin napanoud. nagkainitan si Nash and Alston.

actually its Barnes and Alston. Nash shoved Alston then Tmac joined the fracas only to be bulldozed by Shaq.

bchoter
11-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Si Shaq puwedeng one-man crowd control :D

Mateen Cleaves
11-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Detroit now 1-3 after getting Iverson.* ???

Nope, 3-3. It was 0-2 to start, but they've since gone 3-1 on the Western road, which includes handing the Lakers their first loss of the season. Next up is a tough back-to-back against Cleveland, and then the Celtics @ Boston.

chinito_guy
11-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Hahahaha Shaq Pushing TMAC and YAO down, The Big Diesel in Action!

mighty_lion
11-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Anthony Morrow = Reggie Miller

Anthony Morrow who? :D

Regular Grey
11-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Gasol records season high as Lakers beat Bulls

The_Big_Cat
11-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I was watching NBA Fastbreak last night. They analyzed that the biggest disappointment so far for this season are the LA Clippers. Right now they are being beaten by an average margin of 12 ppg. (NBA worst).

stonecold316
11-20-2008, 06:51 PM
With Gasol leading the way, nakuha ng Lakers ang kanilang eight win.
Sana tuloy tuloy na ito.

stonecold316
11-20-2008, 06:53 PM

Putik, sa lakas ni Shaq wasiwas si Yao at Mc Grady.

tigerman
11-22-2008, 08:47 AM
The Knicks just made 2 big trades.* :o

First - They sent Jamal Crawford to Golden State in exchange for Al Harrington, whom president Donnie Walsh drafted before for Indiana.

Second - They traded team chemistry cancer Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to the Clippers in exchange for Tim Thomas and Cutino Mobley.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
11-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Vinsanity has done it again! I thought he sucks, Toronto fans? ;D

first - Vince is still 2-3 steps away from the three-point line and Anthony Parker is all over him, he calmly sank a long three-pointer that sent the game into overtime.

second - the game-winner - Vince caught the alley-oop pass of Jarvis Hayes and in one motion slammed the ball in reverse style.

I love it when the bitter Toronto fans get pwned by their former franchise player.* :P

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

coreytaylor
11-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Good Gracious! The NY Knicks are really after Lebron come 2010! If they can't get King James, they could either get Chris Bosh or Dwayne Wade! :o

marmand
11-22-2008, 11:46 AM
^ or they could get both Lebron and Bosh. Maybe even a third max player. ;D

coreytaylor
11-22-2008, 12:11 PM
^^^^^ bongga! :D

marmand
11-22-2008, 01:43 PM
But during that off season, more then 10 teams would have salary cap to sign Lebron and Co. Time for other teams to abuse thess salary cap saving teams. ;D

arjay_g
11-22-2008, 02:42 PM
re: Knicks trade.

Crawford for Harrington trade: i think this is a good one. Harrington is an offensive threat and could have flourished in Nelson's offensive-minded system had it not been for Nelson favorite Biedrins (not to mention Nelson's insistence that he play the 5). Harrington is just a few seasons removed from once being the go-to-guy for a team (Hawks with JJ) and while a possible full-time return to the F position may not be imminent, at least he's gonna get the consistent playing time not possible in any Don Nelson-coached team (unless you're Captain Jack or Biedrins).

Z-bo/Collins for Thomas and Mobley: I guess they got Mobley to temporarily take over Crawford's vacated spot and Thomas as a sixth man. Thomas also flourished in D'Antoni's system when he was with the Suns. Plus, as is widely known, none of these two have contracts lasting until 2010. hehe.

so with these trades, some possible starting combos for the Knicks will be:
G - Duhon
G - Mobley/Richardson
F - Chandler/Richardson
F - Harrington
C - Lee/Harrington

with Nate Robinson, Tim Thomas, Mobley or Q-Rich and Lee (if Harrington starts at the 5) coming off the bench. that's not bad at all IMO.

*about the Clips, what the hell is Dunleavy Sr. doing with that team?

marmand
11-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Expect a trade involving either Camby or Kaman to get a player to stabilize the line up. Too many bigs for them at present.

The_Big_Cat
11-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Expect a trade involving either Camby or Kaman* to get a player to stabilize the line up. Too many bigs for them at present.

Yes. I have to agree with you. Too many big men and it is slowing up the pace which Baron Davis is not used to.

aircanda
11-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Lumipad uli si Shaq kanina sa ring side seats.. ;D

john_paul_manahan
11-26-2008, 01:01 AM
Expect a trade involving either Camby or Kaman* to get a player to stabilize the line up. Too many bigs for them at present.

they can have a 3-big for 2 position rotation.

given a mababaw box score check: mukhang eric gordon getting huge minutes is a huge plus.

mighty_lion
11-26-2008, 12:29 PM
The 2008 draft call may end up one of the deepest in NBA history. The top 3 (Rose, Beastly and Mayo) have proved themselves already that they have that all star potential. Eric Gordon, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, DJ Augustin, Brook Lopez have shown flashes that they are lotterry worthy prospects. Augustin has scored 20 + points in 3 of the last 4 Bobcats game.

chinito_guy
11-26-2008, 05:09 PM
The 2008 draft call may end up one of the deepest in NBA history. The top 3 (Rose, Beastly and Mayo) have proved themselves already that they have that all star potential. Eric Gordon, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, DJ Augustin, Brook Lopez have shown flashes that they are lotterry worthy prospects. Augustin has scored 20 + points in 3 of the last 4 Bobcats game.

Greg Oden is an addition to that also, although not belonging to the Rookie class of 2008, he is still considered a rookie. ;)

chinito_guy
11-26-2008, 05:14 PM
oh boy! can't wait to watch the NBA ALL-STAR GAMES* ;D ;D ;D i think Durant and the Sophies will be trashed by this super talented line-up of Rookies! :D :D :D

stonecold316
11-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Ibang klase ang attention na binigay ng NY fans kay Lebron James kanina.
Kahit nasa kabling koponan si King James, the fans really love him.
Only two players had receive that kind of attention similar to what James received and their initials are both MJ: Micheal Jordan and Magic Johnson.

July 1, 2010 will be a big day alright when James contract in Cleveland expires. Lilipat ba siya o hindi? Eto ang aabangan.

Mateen Cleaves
11-29-2008, 12:37 PM

Several big men drafted lower in the first round also appear to have good chances for, at least,* PJ Brown-Robert Horry-James Posey-type careers (in terms of longetivity and productivity). Javale McGee (Wizards), Anthony Randolph (Warriors), and Jason Thompson (Kings) are getting their chances to play. Roy Hibbert and Robin "The Other" Lopez are being brought along more slowly. But they also have the potential to become solid contributors (if not, all-stars) over the course of their careers.

coreytaylor
11-29-2008, 04:33 PM

add these players to your list:

oj mayo
rudy fernandez
george hill
javale mcgee
micheal beasley

players that i know that could contribute right away but just doesn't get any playing time or play less bcoz their team have a deep line-up already:

joe alexander
chris anderson
jj hickson
donte green
roy hibbert
jared bayless
courtney lee

arjay_g
11-30-2008, 02:43 AM
isama nyo na si brandon rush at posible din si mario chalmers jan.

The_Big_Cat
11-30-2008, 12:00 PM
The LA Lakers are beating their opponents by an average of 14 ppg which is an NBA-best.

tigerman
12-01-2008, 10:25 AM
The Sixers continue to struggle as of the moment with only a 7-10 record to show - a big disappointment for a team expected to be among the elite teams in the East following the acquisition of Elton Brand.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

cub
12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Phoenix Suns just lost a double digit lead to the New Jersey Nets. Amare was tossed out of the game and the Suns just scored 7 or 8 points since. The Suns can't play defense at all. Wade had 43 points last saturday and now Harris scored 47. the Suns gave up 43points in the 4th quarter.:o and both games were played at US Airways. tsk tsk tsk. Porter needs to find ways to improve this team.

tigerman
12-01-2008, 12:02 PM
I wonder what the so-called NBA experts have to say right now after boldly predicting that NJ will be the worst team in the East. For a team with only 3 players remaining from last year's team and with young players like Harris, Lopez, Anderson, CDR, Yi and Swat surrounding the much-maligned Vinsanity, a 9-7 record is something to marvel at. Heck, they even have a better record than Toronto and Philadelphia, 2 teams which were predicted to challenge Boston, Detroit and Cleveland.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
12-04-2008, 09:00 AM
The Toronto Raptors just fired Sam Mitchell, so there's a new vacant head coaching job available in the league. IMO, Sam wasn't really suited to be a head coach, and is better off as an assistant coach somewhere. I'm sure there are available people out there who are intrigued about the Raptors coaching position, as a chance to coach a young all-star in Chris Bosh is pretty enticing.

coreytaylor
12-04-2008, 12:51 PM
^^^^^ calling marc jackson ;D

tigerman
12-11-2008, 09:13 AM
2 trades took place today from nba.com

1) Phoenix traded Raja Bell, Boris Diaw and Sean Singletary to Charlotte in exchange for Jason Richardson, Jared Dudley and a 2010 second-round draft pick.

2) The Hornets acquired veteran guard Antonio Daniels from the Wizards and sent point guard Mike James to Washington. The Grizzlies acquired a conditional future first-round draft pick from the Wizards for former first-round pick Javaris Crittenton. New Orleans also gets a conditional future second-round pick from Memphis in the deal.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
12-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Steve Kerr is a genius for coming out with this deal.* :P

tigerman
12-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Ayaw na ata talaga maglaro ng depensa ng Suns.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

a_ron
12-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I expect that this trade will do wonders for the Phoenix Suns.. Jason Richardson is going to put up big numbers for the Suns, trading* Diaw and Raja Bell will give Matt Barnes more playing time and play his game. The Phoenix Suns now have a very balance team Nash, Barbosa, Barnes and Richardson playing outside* and* Stoudamire and O'Neal in the paint..

arjay_g
12-12-2008, 04:37 AM
I'm not as excited about this trade as you guys are. Looking at the Suns starting 5 before the trade, it seemed there was hardly enough balls to go around between Nash, Amare, Shaq, Barnes/Hill, and Bell. Now with J-Rich (who obviously commands more touches than Bell) being inserted in that line-up, how would this affect ball distribution between him, Amare, and Shaq (and even Barnes who's been respectable offensively with the starting unit)?

mighty_lion
12-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Bell's defense regressed this season. He is no longer the guy he was in 05-06 (1st defensive team) and 06-07 (2nd defensive team). Wade torched Bell early this season. Same goes with Devin Harris. And other than shooting jumpers, Bell is useless in Suns new half-court offense. Diaw while doing good this season (yes he is) is still overpaid. Diaw will never live up with his contract of 9 million per year unless he gets into a team that will give him a starting spot and starter minutes. Not in this Suns team that has Amare ahead of him in PF position. As for Singletary... he is ... Singletary.

Dudley showed sign he could be a contributor off the bench. Dudley is like a Diaw clone, less BB IQ, less athletic, unpolished prospect. But he is a guy who plays with heart on it every minute he is on the floor.

Overall I would say Suns is the winner of this trade by getting a prolific wing scorer and the impact on the defensive end is not that huge.

As for the Bobcats, I really dont know.

PG - Felton / Augustin
SG - Bell / Felton / Caroll
SF - Wallace / Morrison
PF - Diaw / Okafor
C - Okafor / Mohammed

Seems a good defensive team but not enough offense to start with. All I can say is that Diaw plays well whenever he believes he is the 1st option. And he is an efficient scoring machine no matter how soft he looks like inside the court.

arjay_g
12-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Yes, everyone's saying that Bell's defense regressed this year but I think this is mainly because of the confusion that is the Suns' system.

My main concern, though, is not with the outgoing guys but with the incoming ones (mainly J-Rich). In his first game with the Suns, he did good coming off the bench and scoring 21pts (i think). But we all know he's gonna eventually crack the starting line-up and Shaq will be returning soon. Maybe with D'Antoni's system, it might not be a concern but with Porter slowing things down on offense, will touches be enough?

Ok, I'll admit why this trade worries me that much. I have J-rich in some of my fantasy teams and am worried that this trade will diminish his fantasy relevance. Haha.

tigerman
12-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Maurice Cheeks has been fired by the 76ers.

There are already 5 coaches fired and we're not even halfway to the whole season.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

john_paul_manahan
12-16-2008, 09:32 PM
another one bites the dust.

hang time is over. theus is out.

mighty_lion
12-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Looks like Bobcats is the real winner of Diaw/Bell for Richardson swap.

john_paul_manahan
12-20-2008, 03:24 PM
nice game. wade beats kobe.

tigerman
12-20-2008, 08:32 PM
"Thank you Cuban!" - Net fans during the closing moments of the Mavs-Nets game

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
12-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Webber versus Barkley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvJss...eature=related

The facial expression of Sir Charles during the slo-mo replay was priceless (starting at the 35th second of the video).

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

paul_theking
12-21-2008, 05:41 AM
Mark Cuban is very stupid..trading the young for the old..yeah, jason kidd is an elite PG, but he's 30+ na... just like in 2004 when the mavs had nash,finley,dirk,jamison and walker... >:(

mighty_lion
12-23-2008, 10:53 AM

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mrfptt.gif

One of those moments money cant buy. Priceless. :-*

pio_valenz
12-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I just read that Chinese officials are qeustioning Yi Jianlian's real age. Officially he's 21 but there's reason to believe he's already 24.

I think this is a great move on the part of China. Next, I'd like to see the US do a similar investigation with Greg Oden. Rumor is he's actually 45 already.

coreytaylor
12-23-2008, 05:49 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mrfptt.gif

One of those moments money cant buy. Priceless. :-*

Buti nga sa kanya! bcoz of that trade, I started to dislike the Mavs..sayang talaga si devin..

tigerman
12-23-2008, 08:22 PM
I just read that Chinese officials are qeustioning Yi Jianlian's real age. Officially he's 21 but there's reason to believe he's already 24.

I think this is a great move on the part of China. Next, I'd like to see the US do a similar investigation with Greg Oden. Rumor is he's actually 45 already.

LeBron should be investigated as well. I swear he doesn't look like a 24-year old man.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

cub
12-23-2008, 10:30 PM

LeBron should be investigated as well. I swear he doesn't look like a 24-year old man.

Greg Oden too

john_paul_manahan
12-26-2008, 07:45 AM
streak has ended for cp3.

The_Big_Cat
12-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Interesting stat for the Boston Celtics' 19 game winning streak. Boston has been averaging 107 ppg and has limited their opponents to 92 ppg during the 19 game streak with a whopping 15 ppg point differential.

I guess in order to beat the Celtics you have to limit them to a low scoring game. Boston scored 74 pts in the loss to Indiana, 85 in the loss to the Nuggets and now 83 in the loss against the Lakers.

tigerman
12-26-2008, 12:53 PM
What a defensive boo-boo by J-Rich. Tony Parker blew past Grant Hill but the latter was still able to recover. J-Rich should not have sagged on that play.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

john_paul_manahan
12-26-2008, 02:57 PM
fyi: 4 games out of the 5 made its way to our shores.

espn game: was shown by btv on delayed.
abc: 1st was on c/s 9 delayed, 2nd was on star sports live
tnt: 1st was on btv live, 2nd was never shown

not bad.

but would have been better if bos-la was on btv, coz i never heard of star sports showing nba games on replay (Afaik)

tigerman
12-27-2008, 12:40 AM
^ The Orlando-New Orleans ESPN game was shown live on btv. It started at around 1 in the morning.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

john_paul_manahan
12-28-2008, 09:14 AM
^ The Orlando-New Orleans ESPN game was shown live on btv. It started at around 1 in the morning.

they showed it kasi after the lebron game.

tulog ako nun e. nagising na ako mga 345am.

tigerman
12-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry Boston fans but Kevin Garnett should put an end to his cheap bullying antics.

I don't get the reasoning on his penchant for taunting smaller and non-superstar players (Calderon, Belinelli etc.). If he can't really resist the urge to do so, maybe he should try doing that on players of the same level and size as him.

I've always admired KG's intensity and effort night in and night out during his days as a T'Wolve but after finally winning a crown, his attitude has become horrendous, capricious and unacceptable.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

aircanda
12-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Sorry Boston fans but Kevin Garnett should put an end to his cheap bullying antics.

I don't get the reasoning on his penchant for taunting smaller and non-superstar players (Calderon, Belinelli etc.). If he can't really resist the urge to do so, maybe he should try doing that on players of the same level and size as him.

I've always admired KG's intensity and effort night in and night out during his days as a T'Wolve but after finally winning a crown, his attitude has become horrendous, capricious and unacceptable.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

well, he did taunt Pachulia back in the Playoffs.. same size too, pero obviously, Pachulia is not a superstar.. medyo nakakainis nga din to minsan si KG.. i love him as a player, sana nga magbago..

mighty_lion
12-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Sumimple na naman si Garnet kanina. This time dinibdiban si Aldrige. Tsk.

tigerman
01-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Puro upsets at near-upsets ang nangyari today. ;D

1. Toronto, without Calderon and JO and despite Dwight's 39 points, edged Orlando 108-102.
2. Washington, despite blowing a huge lead and of course without Agent Zero, defeated Cleveland 80-77.
3. New York pulled away from Boston 100-88.

Let's see if the Brandon Roy-less Portland can upset the Lakers.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

durden_tyler
01-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Puro upsets at near-upsets ang nangyari today. ;D

1. Toronto, without Calderon and JO and despite Dwight's 39 points, edged Orlando 108-102.
2. Washington, despite blowing a huge lead and of course without Agent Zero, defeated Cleveland 80-77.
3. New York pulled away from Boston 100-88.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Bakit di mo pa sinama ang Memphis over Dallas :)

Marc Gasol continues nice impersonation of his more-skilled brother: 19 Pts (8 of 14 FGs) and 6 Rebs
Jason Kidd, 1 point in 24 minutes.

PLUS

Detroit clinches a victory over the lowly Clippers via a Thornton goaltend for Iverson's "game-winner".

tigerman
01-05-2009, 01:01 PM
^ Oo nga pala, forgot to include the Memphis win over Dallas and the "panalo na naging bato pa" ng Cliipers over Detroit. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

fujima04
01-05-2009, 02:59 PM

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Apparently today's upset trend did not applied to the Lakers beating the Blazers 100-86. ;D

tigerman
01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Pauso pa 'tong si LeBron eh. May nalalaman pang "crab dribble".

Imho, LeBron should just shut up and not defend his obvious trangression of a basic basketball rule.

That travelling call vs. Washington has been long overdue - almost 3 years late.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
01-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Jalen Rose on the controversial crab dribble* ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpQBD672HkQ

"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it," Butler said about what happened Sunday. "That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move, good officiating, and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God."

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
01-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Charlotte defeated Boston in OT. 8)

Diaw >>>>>> J-Rich. Hehe

stonecold316
01-07-2009, 04:15 PM
The Lakers lost to NO kanina.
Ang galing ni Chris Paul at David West.
Kobe tried his best to help the Lakers to get a win pero nawala ang galing niya ng fourth quater.
13 of 16 siya after three quarters pero 1-6 lang siya nung fourth.
Odom getting injured in the second also did not contribute to the Lakers cause.
Injury bug rin sila with Jordan Farmar and Luke Walton already out with injuries./

tigerman
01-08-2009, 11:08 AM
The defending champs lost their 3rd straight game against a team struggling lately with 5 straight road losses.

I think Boston's swagger was clearly shattered by that holiday season road trip (losing to the Lakers, Warriors and the Roy-less Blazers).

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

stonecold316
01-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Boston, I think, is already feeling the effects of James Posey's and PJ Brown's absence. Before, kapag maalat ang game ng big 3, ready ang dalawa na magbibay ng extra points and defense for the team. Kailangan pa siguro nila ng isang role player who can both score and play defense especially in crunch time.

razor
01-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Sac Kings vets get even with rookie for forgetting to bring fresh bagels and cream cheese to practice ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Kings-vets-prank-rookie-Jason-Thompson?urn=nba,132813

;D

dark_seid
01-08-2009, 09:01 PM
what happened to the trio of jeff van gundy - mark jackson - mike breen?

espn had dickie v for their broadcast of the denver-miami game. and we know how college's dickie v hits the ears (although, age might have sap the game-long enthusiasm in his voice). :(

john_paul_manahan
01-09-2009, 11:24 AM
espn swapped announcers.

the trio did the davidson-duke game

Mateen Cleaves
01-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Darius Miles just signed a second 10-day contract with the Grizzlies. If he plays just two games, it's going to be one of the costliest 10-day contracts ever -- $18 million goes back on the books of the Trailblazers. And screws up Portland's free agency plans for 2009-2010. :P

tigerman
01-10-2009, 02:41 PM
^ This despite the warning by Portland of possible legal action against the 29 other teams. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
01-10-2009, 03:25 PM
A 10 day would cost a team less than $40k IFAIK. As of the moment Portland total player payroll is roughly $71 million which is above the prescribed salary cap of a little more than $60 million. This means Portland will pay Darius Miles $9 million and the other $9 million will be shared pro-rata between 29 other teams.

;D

arjay_g
01-10-2009, 05:14 PM
kaya naman ganun na lang yung panggigigil nung presidente ng Portland eh. ;D :D

sirang-sira yung mga plano nya. haha

what he did though, that email of his, was totally classless. tsk

tigerman
01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01122009/ne ... 149861.htm

What the hell Eddie Curry? :D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
01-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Sakit ng tyan ko nung mabasa ko yan kanina. Lintek! ;D

arjay_g
01-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Darius Miles played his 9th NBA game. 1 more and it's bye-bye Portland's free agent aspirations.

Oh, and he scored 13 pts in 13 or so mins of playing time, showing he still has what it takes to hang around in the NBA.

tigerman
01-15-2009, 01:23 PM
The Spurs and the Lakers game earlier was a good one - maybe a preview of a possible Western Conference finals?

good:
- Kobe and Tim showed once again how clutch they are.
- Roger Mason Jr. showed his own version of clutch play as well.

- Derek "0.4" Fisher committed 2 bonehead decisions in a span of a second.
1. He gambled for a steal against RMJ in the Spurs' final play which left the latter wide open for a moment.
2. To make things worse, Fisher fouled RMJ while he was shooting the game-winner.

- Coach Pop allowed Kobe to show his wares in the crunchtime and only decided to double team on the Lakers' very last play.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

coreytaylor
01-15-2009, 02:24 PM
LA Lakers: Is Andrew Bynum the final piece of LA's puzzle in order for Los Angeles to win another NBA title?

OR

SA Spurs: Is Roger Mason Jr. the final piece of San Antonio's puzzle in order for them to win another NBA title?

ABANGAN! ;D

Kid Cubao
01-16-2009, 05:33 AM
for LA, yes it's andrew bynum who can be considered as such. for the spurs, the big 3--manu, tony, and tim--can win it all by themselves.

however, the value of a roger mason, jr. in the lineup is that he's shaping up to be the logical successor of robert horry, who's never afraid to step up and make clutch plays in deciding moments. time will tell if he'll take his place together with the big 3. tingin ko hindi eh, kasi yung tatlo pinanganak outside the US ;D

arjay_g
01-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Darius Miles played his 10th game of the season thus putting back the remaining $18M remaining on his salary back to Portland's payroll.

He scored 10pts, grabbed 7 rebs, a steal and a block in 14mins of action.

This is the first time I've seen D-Miles since his comeback. He's not as lanky as I remember him to be and his athleticism may have diminished as a result of this. In one Memphis fastbreak, Hakim Warrick lobbed the ball to Miles for an alley-oop which Miles caught and finished via a layup. Kung noon siguro, dunk na yun.

coreytaylor
01-17-2009, 01:21 PM
hahaha minnesota defeated the suns in their homecourt. oh boy! i wonder if steve nash and amare are missing coach d'antoni soo much right now.. ;D

The_Big_Cat
01-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Cavs extended their home court winning record to 20-0 this season with the win against the struggling Hornets.
Orlando extended their NBA best 16-5 road record as they edge the Lakers in LA.

tigerman
01-17-2009, 03:45 PM
another day of upset wins today:

1. Minnesota over Phoenix
2. Oklahoma City over Detroit
3. Philly over San Antonio

Meanwhile, the Orlando Magic are slowly but surely establishing themselves as a major threat not only in the East but in the whole NBA. They have swept the season series against 2 Western conference elite teams - Lakers and the Spurs.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
01-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Im starting to like Oklahoma's future Big Three. That Westbrook guy is so athletic. His PG skill is still unpolished at this point but the Thunder has been doing better since he was elevated to the starting line up. I hope he continue his lockdown mentality. Two to three years from now that guy could end up the best shutdown defender for elite NBA point guards.

The_Big_Cat
01-17-2009, 06:10 PM
another day of upset wins today:

1. Minnesota over Phoenix
2. Oklahoma City over Detroit
3. Philly over San Antonio

Meanwhile, the Orlando Magic are slowly but surely establishing themselves as a major threat not only in the East but in the whole NBA. They have swept the season series against 2 Western conference elite teams - Lakers and the Spurs.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Its Orlando's first time to sweep the Lakers in their franchise's history.

mighty_lion
01-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Wolves sending the Suns to the ground is not really new. Last season Wolves was 3-1 against the Suns with Big Al averaging something like 35 pts and 15 rbs.

tigerman
01-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Are the Orlando Magic for real? I mean a sweep of a 4-game road trip is nothing new but to do it at the expense of 3 divisional leaders in the western conference is something to marvel at.

Let's see come April.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Kid Cubao
01-18-2009, 08:32 PM
the emergence of jameer nelson as a legitimate NBA all-star is a big reason for the magic's impressive showing. so we have, what, three very able position players supporting center dwight howard: nelson at guard, and turkoglo and rashard lewis as do-everything forwards. plus they have bench depth in keith bogans, jj redick, rookie courtney lee, and adonal foyle.

john_paul_manahan
01-18-2009, 08:35 PM
no one can argue with 33-8.

CM_Punk
01-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Looks like any day now, Shawn Marion will get traded from Miami. There seems to be 1 serious offer being discussed, to Toronto for Jermaine O'Neal, where the Matrix will be reunited with the person who drafted him in Phoenix, GM Colangelo. I'm sure there are other offers now, which haven't been made public yet by other teams. Since Marion's contract expires at the end of the season, he'll have lots of incentive to play well the rest of the year and earn himself another nice contract in free agency.

mighty_lion
01-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Marion should have controlled his ego when he was still in Phoenix and his agent, Dan Fegan made the situation worst. Poor guy. Had he accepted Phoenix's extension offer around 10-12 million range (daw), thats more than reasonable. I doubt if Marion can get a contract worth 10 million per year this offseason.

With the benefit of hindsight, Miami should just have kidnapped Phoenix's medical staff and left Shaqtus as it is. Shaq lost a step or two but he is still an 18-9 guy with 60% FG. Able and willing passer from the post. That is almost the same Shaq when Miami won its first Championship trophy.

I dont see this Marion for JO a good move for Miami. Getting JO without a good medical staff is a disaster awaiting to happen. As for me, Miami should just let Marion expire and lure Boozer this offseason.

coreytaylor
01-19-2009, 01:58 PM
the emergence of jameer nelson as a legitimate NBA all-star is a big reason for the magic's impressive showing. so we have, what, three very able position players supporting center dwight howard: nelson at guard, and turkoglo and rashard lewis as do-everything forwards. plus they have bench depth in keith bogans, jj redick, rookie courtney lee, and adonal foyle.

speaking of JJ. he has been shooting the ball very well lately.

im not really surprised of orlando's achievement lately. matagal ko na ngang in-nexpect to sa kanila since rashard came in, and now, they finally did it. kaya as early as now, sasabihin ko na toh: i wouldnt be surprised if they reach the eastern conference finals this year & the nba finals ;D. with orlando's own version of fab4: howard, lewis, turkuglo, & nelson, everything is possible.

mighty_lion
01-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Napanoud ko lang yun last five minutes ng Miami-Oklahoma kamakailan. Last 5 minutes, si Westbrook yun nagbantay kay Wade. Believe it or not, Wade would either settle for pull-up jumpshots within the 3pt line area or attempt to shoot sabay pasa (That is not Wade's game!). Wade was able to go strong to the basket twice in that span of time courtesy of two high screen plays by Miami. That high screen play is designed to force OKC to switch the defender guarding Wade.

That speak of how good Westbrook is as a man defender at age of 20.

tigerman
01-23-2009, 08:23 PM
The starters for the all-star game were announced earlier before the Boston-Orlando game.

EAST
Allen Iverson
Dwyane Wade
Dwight Howard
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James

WEST
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Yao Ming
Tim Duncan
Amare Stoudemire

To see Tim in the starting 5 is slightly surprising to me but to see his teammate Bowen ranked 3rd among forwards is definitely a big surprise. Good thing to know that some of the voters have come to their senses and as a result, T-Mac was overtaken by both Kobe and CP3.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

arjay_g
01-24-2009, 03:48 AM
IMO, Iverson isn't deserving to be a starter, let alone an all-star, this season.* Iverson's play deteriorated when he got traded to Detroit.* There are more guards in the east that are much more deserving to get the nod.* paul pierce, devin harris, vince carter, danny granger, joe johnson, mike bibby, hedo turkoglu, just to name a few, have played better seasons than iverson.

mighty_lion
01-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Bobcats defeated the Suns.

WTF! >:(

tigerman
01-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Dude, I think defeated is an understatement. ;D They were routed.

I initially thought that Houston, with all the injuries to T-Mac and Artest, will be the odd team out in the 9-team battle in the West. But with the way the Suns have performed lately (especially in their current east road trip), I might be wrong afterall.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

The_Big_Cat
01-24-2009, 06:01 PM
IMO, Iverson isn't deserving to be a starter, let alone an all-star, this season.* Iverson's play deteriorated when he got traded to Detroit.* There are more guards in the east that are much more deserving to get the nod.* paul pierce, devin harris, vince carter, danny granger, joe johnson, mike bibby, hedo turkoglu, just to name a few,* have played better seasons than iverson.

Iverson didn't even played the entire first half of the season for Detroit. His name was even listed in the West All-Star ballot early this season. The Nets' Yi Jianlian almost made it to the East's starting spot. I think the NBA should revise their process in the All Star selection.

tigerman
01-24-2009, 06:05 PM
^ The NBA already revised it. Just take a look at the results in the West forwards. Bruce Bowen finished 3rd and was ahead of Melo, Dirk etc. ;D

mighty_lion
01-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Time to fire Terry Porter and Steve Kerr.

coreytaylor
01-26-2009, 12:49 PM
IMO, Iverson isn't deserving to be a starter, let alone an all-star, this season. Iverson's play deteriorated when he got traded to Detroit. There are more guards in the east that are much more deserving to get the nod. paul pierce, devin harris, vince carter, danny granger, joe johnson, mike bibby, hedo turkoglu, just to name a few, have played better seasons than iverson.

huwag ka nang umangal..the people voted him to be a starter..;D

mighty_lion
01-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Ako nga binoto ko si Marbury. Katuwaan lang. ;D

stonecold316
01-26-2009, 05:23 PM
The Lakers just trashed the Spurs, 99-85!
Ayos, sila ang may best record (percentage wise) sa NBA.
sana tuloy tuloy na ang panalo!
;) ;) ;)

chinito_guy
01-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Could it be another Celtics-Lakers Finals? Believe and it will come true... ;D ;D ;D

arjay_g
01-27-2009, 12:20 AM
huwag ka nang umangal..the people voted him to be a starter..;D

o sige na nga... sabi mo eh ::) ;D

in other news, Michael Redd is out for the remainder of the season with torn ligaments in the knee. Kawawang Bucks.

Joescoundrel
01-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Too bad Courtney Lee was left out of the Sophomores - Rookies All Star game this year.

For the slam dunk competition I hope Joe "Vanilla Sky" Alexander gets the title this year.

And get well soon to the Cats' Gerald Wallace, who suffered a collapsed lung thanks to the lazy-arsed defense of Andrew Bynum. Just to be clear I don't think it was a deliberate attempt at mayhem by Bynum. Basketball is highly physical and sometimes sh-- just happens.

clutchjedi
01-29-2009, 06:55 PM
The Nets' Yi Jianlian almost made it to the East's starting spot. I think the NBA should revise their process in the All Star selection.

Or, some people believe David Stern just revises the results if there's a problem* :D

* http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Stern-hands-Chris-Paul-his-rightfully-deserved-A?urn=nba,136453

dark_seid
01-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Too bad Courtney Lee was left out of the Sophomores - Rookies All Star game this year.

For the slam dunk competition I hope Joe "Vanilla Sky" Alexander gets the title this year.

And get well soon to the Cats' Gerald Wallace, who suffered a collapsed lung thanks to the lazy-arsed defense of Andrew Bynum. Just to be clear I don't think it was a deliberate attempt at mayhem by Bynum. Basketball is highly physical and sometimes sh-- just happens.

but in the current nba atmosphere, i would be shocked if bynum didn't get fined or suspended.

tigerman
01-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Here's a video and picture of Bynum's "flagrant 1" foul on Wallace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbcjL7AVxMA

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/tigerbj/203-B8265394Z1_20090128021141_000GL.jpg

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

arjay_g
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM
nakakailan nang serious injury tong si G-Wall. Isn't he one serious concussion away from ending his career (according to doctors)?

coreytaylor
01-30-2009, 03:30 PM
but in the current nba atmosphere, i would be shocked if bynum didn't get fined or suspended.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Andrew Bynum will face no further disciplinary action following a flagrant foul that hospitalized Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace. This means he won't be suspended.

coreytaylor
01-30-2009, 03:36 PM
With Desmond Mason out of the season, either Damien Wilkins or Chucky Atkins might be given minutes to play but I'm hoping Chucky will get the opportunity to play.

coreytaylor
01-30-2009, 03:52 PM
In the West All-Star Reserves list, in my own opinion, I think Al Jefferson deserves to be an all-star this year than David West. Besides, Minnesota had a mini-run in winning games this month with Al Jefferson and Randy Foye heading the team.

The_Big_Cat
01-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Since the Iverson-Billups trade, the Denver Nuggets are 29-13 while the Detroit Pistons are 21-19.
Chauncey has been averaging a career-best of 19.2 ppg to Iverson's 17 ppg since the trade.

dark_seid
01-31-2009, 09:20 AM

The Los Angeles Times reported that Andrew Bynum will face no further disciplinary action following a flagrant foul that hospitalized Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace. This means he won't be suspended.

flagrant one was upgraded to flagrant two naman.

arjay_g
01-31-2009, 07:29 PM
^doesn't flagrant two warrant automatic 1 game suspension?

tigerman
02-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Holy mackerel! Kobe already with 34 points vs. NY in the 1st half alone!

Let's see if he can duplicate if not surpass that historic 81-point game.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

durden_tyler
02-03-2009, 11:19 AM
61 is good enough, :D i really don't like Kobe but he's still better than Lebron when he takes over. The 61 point output by the way is a new mark at MSG; better than Bernard King (Knick) with 55 and Michael Jordan (Knick opponent) at 60.

Regular Grey
02-04-2009, 12:47 AM
KoBeee Malupeet!!

aircanda
02-04-2009, 12:58 AM
nabreak na pala ung consecutive free throws ni calderon.. 84 straight free throws!! hanep eh no?!

The_Big_Cat
02-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Ray Allen drilled a game winning 3-point shot with 0.5 seconds remaining as the Boston Celtics extend their winning streak to 12 games.

Raging Blue
02-04-2009, 11:57 AM
The Celtics won bucking the absence of Kevin Garnett due to the flu, early foul trouble on their remaining big men Leon Powe and Big Baby Glen Davis by the second quarter of the game and 20-plus turnovers. Again, it was Paul Pierce who provided the assist to Ray Allen's game-winning three-pointer reminiscent of their come-from-behind victory over the Bobcats in Charlotte last season. This was a statement victory.

Beat LA at the Garden on Friday (our time).

LION
02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
The back to back triples by Ray Allen in the endgame was a masterpiece, courtesy of Paul Pierce twice, when he drew the defense to him and kicked out the ball to Allen in perfect timing.

Andre Iguodala celebrated prematurely and displayed his cocky side when he made a jumper to break the deadlock and lead by two, 99 - 97, with about 6 seconds remaining in the game. It was a heartbreaker for the Sixers.

tigerman
02-05-2009, 04:41 PM
LeBron had a 50-point game but finished with a triple-double. Wow.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
02-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Ouch, Elton Brand will have season-ending surgery on his right shoulder, having only played 29 games this season. Elton just didn't mesh well with the faster style of the younger 76ers, and now will be watching from the sidelines the rest of the year.

tigerman
02-07-2009, 11:26 PM
VC to the Spurs?

The New Jersey Nets have spoken to San Antonio, Chicago, Cleveland and, surprisingly, Toronto about guard Vince Carter, the Newark Star-Ledger is reporting.

The Spurs are reportedly weighing up whether Carter would push them over the top in the West, but with San Antonio's salary structure being top-heavy, it's hard to see how a deal would be worked out.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... e_carter/#

C'mon Buford and Thorn. Let's do it ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

john_paul_manahan
02-08-2009, 10:21 AM
LeBron had a 50-point game but finished with a triple-double.

btw, that has been taken away by the nba. just 9 rebounds.

meanwhile radman has been traded to charlotte for morrison

CM_Punk
02-08-2009, 04:55 PM
^^ A possible return of Vince Carter to Toronto?! That's probably not gonna happen. Imagining him either in Cleveland or San Antonio would be kinda intriguing, especially as VC would not have to be "the man" if he joins those 2 squads, who already have their own superstars in place.

dark_seid
02-08-2009, 07:54 PM
^how can vince carter join the spurs unless one from the trio of duncan-manu-parker is involved in the trade?
and knowing how the spurs structure their team around those 3, the idea's so far out of left field.

cleveland's more plausible because of wally's expiring contract.

coreytaylor
02-09-2009, 10:25 AM
The Lakers just handed The Cavs their first home loss.

aircanda
02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
And the Spurs also defeated the Celtics. What a double header.!

coreytaylor
02-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Great night for Steve Nash as he dished out 21 assists against the Pistons.

mighty_lion
02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Wala yan kay Ramon Sessions.* 24 points 24 assist last year.

Kahapon 44 points 12 assists against Detroit.

8)

tigerman
02-09-2009, 05:50 PM
LeBron should be the MVP but I don't think he has already surpassed Kobe as the best player in the game.

However, a little more consistency from LeBron's outside shooting and Kobe's reign will be over.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

coreytaylor
02-10-2009, 09:20 AM
With Al Jefferson out of the season, it's time for Minnesota to tank for the draft. ;D

coreytaylor
02-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Rumors say that Phoenix is interested in Tyrus Thomas in exchange for Amare... what the hell Steve?? :o

aircanda
02-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Rumors say that Phoenix is interested in Tyrus Thomas in exchange for Amare... what the hell Steve?? :o

meron din akong article na nabasa.. Amare for Aldridge..

coreytaylor
02-10-2009, 05:29 PM
meron din akong article na nabasa.. Amare for Aldridge..

Aldridge + Roy, pwede na siguro... :D

Anyway, I think Charlotte is the winner in the Radman-Morrison trade. But I'm expecting more trades for Charlotte. I'm hoping that if they could sign a star player or a player that is a star player in the making, they would be like the next Atlanta Hawks (signing Joe Johnson). I would also like Raja to be traded or if not, I would like to see him coming of the bench. Augustin-Felton combo in the backcourt is a terrific combination.

MonL
02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
With Al Jefferson out of the season, it's time for Minnesota to tank for the draft.* ;D

No need for them to tank. They were bad enough with Big Al's 20-10 and will be practically miserable without him.

That loss practically wipes out their season.

JonarSabilano
02-10-2009, 06:42 PM

8)

Why oh why did I get Sessions go? :'(

CM_Punk
02-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Looking at the current NBA standings, the 5 teams at the very bottom are Washington, Sacramento, LA Clippers, Oklahoma City, and Memphis. 4 of those teams are from the West, and are probably thinking and scouting ahead already to the NBA draft this June.

cub
02-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Milwaukee is slowly but surely tanking and are on their way down. Michael Redd as we all know tore his ACL and MCL so he's out for the season then there's Bogut who claims he has more than back spasms. now, it's Luke Ridnour. obviously, the Bucks want to get Blake Griffin (yes, Griffin and not Rubio) and try to trade either Redd, Bogut or Villanueva to clear some cap space.

tigerman
02-11-2009, 11:39 AM
What the hell is happening with Tmac? He's not like the oldest player in the league. His cousin has suffered more injuries than him and Tracy's playing like a has-been right now.

I think it's more mental than anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKggO62YPs4

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
^ No pun intended but I smell another 1st round exit for Houston this year.

Amare could be sent packing somewhere else in the East. Kerr wants to retool around Shaq. 36 yrs old freakin Shaq! ;D Go Kerr!

joelex
02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
KERR the moron.

He has single handedly destroyed the SUNS franchise

coreytaylor
02-11-2009, 01:44 PM
^^ I thought it's DUMARS who's the moron.. ;D

Well, both of them did a splended job for their respective teams this season.. :D

marmand
02-11-2009, 03:38 PM
^ No pun intended but I smell another 1st round exit for Houston this year.

Amare could be sent packing somewhere else in the East. Kerr wants to retool around Shaq. 36 yrs old freakin Shaq!* ;D Go Kerr!

Unless they can unload T-Mac or Artest before the trade deadline for Carter or Marion then Yes, another 1st round bust for the Rockets. :(

mighty_lion
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
San kaya pupulutin si Amare?

So far here are the trade scenario's:

With Portland: Amare for Aldridge, Bayless and Lafranz's expiring

With Miami: Amare for Marion and Beasley

With Bulls: Amare for Thomas, Gooden, Sefolosha, sweeteners (making Kerr the moron of all morons)

With NJ: Amare for Yi, Anderson, Simmons, etc

dark_seid
02-11-2009, 06:47 PM
San kaya pupulutin si Amare?

So far here are the trade scenario's:

With Portland: Amare for Aldridge, Bayless and Lafranz's expiring

With Miami: Amare for Marion and Beasley

With Bulls: Amare for Thomas, Gooden, Sefolosha, sweeteners (making Kerr the moron of all morons)

With NJ: Amare for Yi, Anderson, Simmons, etc

doubt it kase nga ayaw nila ng problem headcase eh. and roy is alpha dog while greg oden is the franchise. so pano ang fragile ego ni amare? plus coach nate is a defensive coach, to which amare's bball game has some allergy to.

mighty_lion
02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Kerr is having fun staging an auction for Amare's head. I got the blazer's "alleged" offer for Stoudamirehere (http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57158/20090211/blazers_could_send_aldridge_and_bayless_for_amare/)

Dark Knight
02-11-2009, 10:55 PM
from Mike Freeman, CBSSports.com:

"Great win, Los Angeles. Congratulations. You win a lot of big regular season games, Los Angeles. But while you may fool some of the ex-player suck ups at ESPN, you're not fooling me again. We've seen this movie before. The Lakers and Ko-Me Bryant will impress in the regular season, maybe even get to the Finals. That's what they do. Then the postseason will arrive and they'll get bullied and punk'd by one of the tough teams from the East. Just like last year. If the Lakers play Boston in the Finals, they'll get smoked. Just like last year. Los Angeles still doesn't possess the inside toughness to beat one of the great teams from the East when it really counts. So congratulations, Los Angeles. You've earned a title. Best team in the regular season."

Mr Freeman, yuo just got the Lakers mad.

chinito_guy
02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
^^ why does freeman speaks like he is nostradamus? I predict that if ever Boston and LA will meet in the Finals again, I believe Kobe will do everything (i mean everything) to win that championship. That statement made me want to bet against Boston this time* ;)

tigerman
02-12-2009, 12:05 AM
While Kerr transformed Phoenix from being the most exciting to one of the underachieving teams, I don't think it's right to put ALL the blame on him.

First, replacing Mike D' Antoni was not really a bad move per se. Terry Porter is not exactly a good coach but do you really think Phoenix can get over the hump with that SSOL system? Unless they play with some semblance of championship defense, there's no way they can win over the Spurs or the Lakers in a 7-game series.

Second, the Shaq-Marion trade was not totally his fault. Although I think Kerr should've looked for a better value for Marion.

just my 2 cents

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

arjay_g
02-12-2009, 01:09 AM
What the hell is happening with Tmac? He's not like the oldest player in the league. His cousin has suffered more injuries than him and Tracy's playing like a has-been right now.*

I think it's more mental than anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKggO62YPs4

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

sobrang nakakahiya to. he should have just gone for the layup.

Sam Miguel
02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
From Sean Deveney of Sporting News, an interesting lesson in NBA economics and its juxtaposition in a global world.

Trading deadline primer: Teams try to improve performance, budget

By Sean Deveney - SportingNews 9 hours, 22 minutes ago

In the 2005-06 season, the NBA’s luxury tax threshold came in at $61.7 million. The next year, it was $65.4 million, and after that, in ’07-08, it was $67.9 million. This year, it’s $71.15 million.

See a pattern there? The tax threshold always goes up, somewhere in the $3 million to $4 million range each year. So, if you were a general manager planning out the future of your team’s payroll as you acquired players and signed contracts last July, you were probably thinking the tax threshold for next year—2009-10—would be at least $74 million. The stock market was sliding some at the time, but it was still well over 11,000. Then the economy was hit with a brutal September, and here we are in February still in a financial crisis, with the stock market opening the day below 8,000.

Now, if you’re a GM heading into the trading deadline next week, you have some big worries. You might have looked ahead to next year and planned on a payroll of $73 million, thinking you’d be comfortably under the luxury tax. But the luxury tax threshold is based on how much income the NBA earns worldwide. Because the plummeting economy has weakened the league’s revenue streams, sometime in the past few months, a pretty cold reality struck every NBA exec out there: Next year’s luxury tax threshold will probably be lower than this year’s. If you were planning on a payroll of $73 million, you’d better do some cutting, and fast.

More than chemistry issues, more than the desire to make a push for a championship, more than creating cap space to pursue free agents next summer or in 2010, the issue of the sunken economy and the resulting lowering of the luxury tax is the driving force of this year’s trade market.

“A lot of the names you hear in trade talks you wouldn’t have heard six months ago,” one Eastern Conference general manager said. “There’s a little bit of panic. No one wants to be a taxpayer, and the trade deadline is the last chance to get under the [tax threshold]. There are franchise players who can be had.”

We can look at three teams currently wrapped up in trade rumors to see just how all this works, and why sound basketball logic will not be the basis on which trades at this year’s deadline are made:

THE SUNS

The luxury tax is the reason Amare Stoudemire is on the block. Yes, he is a frustrating and stubborn talent who hadn’t exactly endeared himself to teammates and coaches. Those are good reasons to deal him. But he is also only 26 years old and a potentially dominant 6-10 forward/center. No one would deal that kind of player without some additional motivation.

Phoenix’s payroll is more than $75 million this year, which means the Suns will probably pay the luxury tax. But their payroll figures to be slightly more next year. Let’s project it at $77 million. If the tax threshold comes down—let’s say it comes in at $69 million, a conservative estimate—the Suns will be deep into tax territory. The Suns would have to pay a dollar for every dollar over the tax. Using those figures as examples, the Suns would have to pay the league $8 million in tax, which (and this is the insult added to the injury) would be distributed among teams that were under the threshold.

This is the reason owners hate paying the tax—it’s not just money out of their pockets for nothing, it’s money into the pockets of everyone else.

THE WIZARDS

It’s not just Phoenix. Look at Washington, which is locked into a payroll of about $76 million next year. That will put the Wizards—coming off an awful season in which they rank 21st in attendance—well into the tax, and with little recourse for getting under the threshold. The only Wizards who have trade value are Antawn Jamison (who is 32 and has three years and $40 million on his contract, making him tough to move) and Caron Butler.

At 28 years old, with All-Star talent and a reasonable two years and $20 million left on his contract, Butler is the kind of player the Wizards would never have considered trading in normal times. But the times are not normal. If Washington is to get under the tax, dealing Butler is probably the only way to do it. He is their only asset.

THE HORNETS

The same could be said for the Hornets’ shopping of center Tyson Chandler, a legitimate 7-1 big man who rebounds, blocks shots and has a good rapport with the team’s cornerstone point guard, Chris Paul. Why would the Hornets consider dealing Chandler for Heat forward Shawn Marion, when the team has Peja Stojakovic and David West? Because of the luxury tax.

Paul’s pay raise kicks in next year, which pushes New Orleans’ payroll to more than $76 million—again, deep into tax territory. The Hornets can’t get out of that by making minor moves. They need to dump one of their big-money players. It won’t be Paul, of course. It won’t be Stojakovic. No one would take him at his present salary (two years and almost $30 million remaining). Trading West, an All-Star with a reasonable contract (two years, $17 million) is unlikely.

That leaves only Chandler, who will make nearly $12 million next summer. Marion’s contract is up after this year. Swap Chandler for Marion, let Marion walk in free agency, and the Hornets will get themselves under the cap.

The move would not make New Orleans a better team, of course. But the situations of these three teams show that team improvement is not necessarily going to be the goal of all teams at the trading deadline. Because of the expected shrink in the tax threshold, we’re going to see economic driving the trade market this year more than ever.

Sam Miguel
02-12-2009, 10:35 AM
^^^ Looks like those mechanisms - like the, uh, luxury tax and salary cap - that were supposed to foster parity and even the playing field are now going to actually weaken teams that are on the cusp for the immediate future. Go figure. In times of economic crisis such as this perhaps the luxury tax ought to be temporarily suspended for say two full seasons. Give contenders a break. If the banks and automakers get breaks from the Federal government why not the NBA from the NBA itself?

mighty_lion
02-12-2009, 10:56 AM

8)

Why oh why did I get Sessions go?* :'(

vs Pacers today. End of 3rdQ. 17 assists - 10 pts - 7 rebounds - 2 stls - 2 TOs :o

Sessions > Stockton and Magic! ;D ;D ;D

coreytaylor
02-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Suns owner looking to deal
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

As Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver reaches out to other NBA owners and proposes his own trade deals for Amare Stoudemire, he could be undermining his franchise’s chance to get the best possible package for the All-Star forward, league sources said.

NBA executives say that Sarver has contacted team owners – including those of the Sacramento Kings and Memphis Grizzlies – in an attempt to broker a deal for Stoudemire. While the Suns’ basketball executives are discussing one possible package with teams, Sarver has, at times, appeared to be pursuing his own agenda.

Some teams believe this is a circumstance they can exploit, and suggest that Suns GM Steve Kerr and David Griffin, the franchise’s VP of basketball operations, have been compromised.

“It makes [the owner] look too motivated,” said one Western Conference GM who was aware of Sarver’s calls. “It makes them look desperate.”

As an Eastern Conference GM wondered: “What in the world are two owners going to come up with that the GMs haven’t already discussed?

“This is how bad deals happen.”

“As managing partner of the Suns, no difference from any CEO responsible for any company, you have responsibility for the ultimate results of an organization,” Sarver said by phone Wednesday morning. “And as such, when it comes to major decisions – basketball or business – I will become heavily involved just as I have been the last five years.”

Kerr and Griffin are engaged in discussions with multiple teams for Stoudemire, with Chicago, Golden State, Portland, Sacramento and Memphis and others seriously pursuing him. For the Suns to get the best possible package for Stoudemire, they need Stoudemire’s suitors to believe that they’re willing to let the trade deadline pass on Feb. 19 without moving him.

Mostly, Phoenix needs to avoid looking desperate. Yet Sarver – who has a reputation for being impulsive and overzealous – has left teams dubious of believing Kerr’s bluff that he doesn’t have to trade Stoudemire.

For the Suns to bring back a package for Stoudemire which makes more basketball than financial sense, sources say, they’ll have to move the contracts of Shaquille O’Neal or Leandro Barbosa.

So far, rival GMs insist there’s no market for O’Neal – that the balance of the $20 million owed him this season and the $20 million he’ll earn next season make him untradeable.

One Western Conference GM compared interest in O’Neal with “the GOP’s interest in the current stimulus package. None.”

Most Stoudemire suitors believe the Bulls have the chance to offer the best package, which could include the expiring contract of Drew Gooden, rapidly emerging forward Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah and possibly a draft pick. Bulls GM John Paxson recently had his assistant, director of player personnel Gar Forman, return to Chicago from the college scouting trail to pore over trade possibilities with him. The Bulls are clearly determined to land Stoudemire.

As for the Suns, they’re still at the center of the league’s deadline discussions because they have the biggest stars on the market. A year ago, the O’Neal-Shawn Marion trade was born out of Miami Heat owner Micky Arison’s conversations with Sarver. It was the Suns owner who brought the possibility of the trade to Kerr and ex-Suns coach Mike D’Antoni.

Some owners do include themselves in trade talks. Dallas’ Mark Cuban regularly does, but works closely with Mavericks GM Donnie Nelson. League sources believe Sarver has struggled with the idea that the Suns’ best deal for Stoudemire won’t come until they’re up against the Feb. 19 deadline. Teams are doubting his patience in the process. Opponents think he wants a trade done soon, and that could have dramatic consequences for a franchise that can’t afford to bungle this deal.

================================================== =====================
Trade Amare for Mayo and Gasol. ;D

coreytaylor
02-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Mo-Will just proved that he's worthy being named an all-star candidate by kicking the sun's butts and scoring 44pts (7-9 from the 3pt area), 7 assists, 2 rebs, 3steals, & 1 blk.

coreytaylor
02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Mavericks have discussed trade for Carter* ;D
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

PHOENIX – New Jersey and Dallas have discussed a trade that would reunite Vince Carter and Jason Kidd with the Mavericks, a league source familiar with the discussions said Thursday night.

The proposed deal, which isn’t imminent, would send Carter, Keyon Dooling and Eduardo Najera to the Mavericks for Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse.

Nets executives are still reluctant to trade Carter, but are determined to let teams make their best offers all the way to next Thursday’s trade deadline.

The Mavericks have lost guard Jason Terry to a broken hand and desperately need perimeter scoring to stay a contender in the Western Conference. The Nets’ and Mavericks’ front offices engineered the Jason Kidd-Devin Harris blockbuster at the trade deadline a year ago. Nets GM Kiki Vandeweghe and Mavs GM Donnie Nelson have been active trading proposals, league sources say.

Carter, 31, has inspired significant interest throughout the league. The San Antonio Spurs are pursuing him and have discussed a proposal that would include Roger Mason, Bruce Bowen and Fabricio Oberto. While the Spurs also have interest in Detroit’s Rasheed Wallace, a Pistons source says the teams have not had any conversations.

For the Nets, the motivation to move Carter is mostly financial. The franchise is losing tens of millions of dollars a year and moving Carter would clear more cap space for 2010. Nevertheless, Nets president Rod Thorn wants to make the playoffs and believes he has his best chance with Carter on the roster. Carter is in the second season of a five-year extension that pays him close to $80 million through 2012. Only a fraction of the contract’s final season is guaranteed.

Carter is having a good season, averaging 21 points, five rebounds and five assists. The Nets are 24-29 and one game out of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Marc Cuban! Get Harris back! ;D

myktristan
02-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Celtics rally against Mavs for 44th victory
By Stephen Hawkins, AP Sports Writer
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AooKuPeEd6SXYWBsr6yOj4y8vLYF?gid=200902 1206&prov=ap

DALLAS (AP)—Kevin Garnett was frustrated and sitting on the Boston bench after getting three fouls in a matter of seconds while battling with Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas’ lone All-Star.

Celtics coach Doc Rivers was already in the locker room because of the same sequence late in the third quarter, ejected after two quick technical fouls.

When Garnett finally returned with less then 5 minutes left, Paul Pierce had just given the Celtics their first lead. And they would go on to a physical 99-92 victory Thursday night over the Mavericks.

Pierce scored 18 of his 31 points in the fourth quarter, but gave plenty of credit to his argumentative coach.

“It gave us a nice little spark,” Pierce said. “It can go one of two ways. The coach is gone in the last game before the All-Star break, you can pack it in. But this group is very competitive. We’re going to fight.”

Boston (44-11), the defending champion, goes into the break with the most victories in the NBA. The Celtics won their ninth consecutive road game, even after trailing by as many as 15 points in the third quarter.

Pierce’s tiebreaking 11-footer gave the Celtics a 93-91 lead. At the other end, he took an elbow to the head from a charging Nowitzki, who was called for the foul. Then Pierce made another step-back jumper, from 14 feet, to seal the game.

“I got in my rhythm,” Pierce said. “We had a play that was working. I got into my sweet spot and took the shots.”

Boston never led until Pierce made a tying 13-foot jumper while being fouled by Howard with 5:37 left, then added the free throw to make it 85-84. After Nowitzki missed two shots, stretching his quarter-long drought to six misses in a row, Pierce hit two more free throws after Josh Howard’s sixth foul with 3:47 left.

“I’m going to take the blame for this. We played the Paul Pierce play different ways and had some of our best guys guarding him, but we should have double-teamed him,” Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said.

Nowitzki led Dallas with 37 and Howard had 17 before fouling out.

Ray Allen, playing a night after injuring his thumb in the Celtics’ victory at New Orleans, had 20 points and will play in the All-Star game still. Rajon Rondo had 19 points, 15 rebounds and 14 assists for his second career triple-double, both this season.

After Garnett was called for a non-shooting foul against Nowitzki with 2:27 left in the third quarter, they were exchanging words while setting up for the next play when official d*ck Bavetta called a double technical against the two All-Stars.

Only 10 seconds later, Garnett got called for another foul—his fifth personal—and Rivers got a technical as Nowitzki turned around with a triumphant look on his face. After Nowitzki made the free throw and play resumed, Rivers was still arguing and got his second technical.

“Doc knew we were flat. He was trying to get us going. It was good,” said assistant coach Tom Thibodeau, who took over for Rivers. “Once he got tossed, I thought that galvanized us, energized us.”

Nowitzki didn’t make another field goal until hitting a 3-pointer that tied the game at 89 with 1:58 left in the game. But Pierce then made two more free throws, before Nowitzki pulled up for another tying 12-footer.

Before his late spurt, Nowitzki hadn’t made a field goal since 2:49 was left in the third quarter, putting the end to a 14-4 run by the Celtics.

Dallas had been up 65-50 only a few minutes earlier the altercation on Antoine Wright’s 3-pointer. Wright had a steal and, while falling down, got the ball to Jason Kidd, who stepped over him on the way down the court. Kidd passed to Howard, who penetrated and then passed back to Wright, who had gotten up and was open on the left wing.

Boston started the game hitting one of its first nine shots and trailed throughout the first half. Howard’s 3-pointer broke a 2-2 tie, and the Mavs continued to lead, going up 51-40 after Nowitzki scored a versatile six points in the final 1:44 of the half.

Nowitzki made an inside basket, converted two free throws after going down hard while being fouled by Rondo, then had a turnaround 17-footer.

It was drastically different from their game in Boston last month, when the Celtics built a 31-point lead before halftime and had a season-high 74 points at the break. Boston won that game 124-100.

^Notes: Allen had two fouls in the first 4 1/2 minutes. He played 35 minutes a night after injuring his thumb when it got caught in the jersey of another player in New Orleans. … Boston swept the season series against Dallas for the second straight year. Before last year, the Celtics’ last sweep was 1993-94.

myktristan
02-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Warriors hang on to beat Blazers
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2009021209&prov=ap

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP)—The Golden State Warriors are playing their best basketball of the season and Stephen Jackson believes he knows why: Ronny Turiaf.

Since replacing injured center Andris Biedrins in the Warriors’ starting lineup, Turiaf has provided Golden State with a big boost inside after doing the same off the bench all season.

Turiaf recorded his first double-double in nearly two years with 14 points and 11 rebounds while helping lead the Warriors to a 105-98 win over Portland on Thursday.

“He’s just been our brick wall,” Jackson said. “It’s just something where he’s behind us and he’s always there. He’s Mr. Reliable. He’s definitely been the key to the way we’ve been playing these last couple of games and I’ve got to take my hat off to him, he’s doing an excellent job.”

Corey Maggette had 24 points while Jackson and Monta Ellis added 20 points apiece for Golden State, which extended its season-high win streak to three games. The Warriors also beat Portland at home for the eighth straight time.

Biedrins, Golden State’s leading rebounder and one of the team’s most consistent scorers, injured his right ankle during a 115-105 loss to Phoenix on Feb. 6. At the time it seemed just another blow to the injury-plagued Warriors, but Turiaf has almost made it a moot point.

Against Portland and 7-foot center Greg Oden, Turiaf had the breakout performance the Warriors have been hoping for ever since they signed him to a four-year contract in the offseason.

“I knew coming into this situation I was the backup center and I knew my position,” Turiaf said. “I’m just trying to hold the fort down for Andris. I envision myself playing alongside him and I know for a fact that he does the same thing. We know we play pretty good off each other. I just told him to hurry up.”

Brandon Roy scored 37 points and LaMarcus Aldridge added 20 for the Blazers, who have not won at Golden State since Nov. 3, 2004.

“We have to figure out another way to play them, maybe not going inside so much,” Roy said. “Golden State is a tough team in this building. Every time I come here they are tough to beat. I’m glad we are done with them this year.”

The Warriors led by as much as 18 in the second half, but had to hold off a late charge by Portland, which pulled within 97-93 on a dunk by Oden with 25 seconds remaining. Golden State then iced the game at the free throw line, going 8-for-8 in the final 23 seconds to seal the win and head into the All-Star break riding a three-game win streak.

Golden State led comfortably throughout the first half, was up by 11 at halftime and extended its advantage to 18 heading into fourth quarter. That the Warriors did so without Jackson leading the way had to be the most encouraging sign for coach Don Nelson.

“We continue to score at a high level and I think we’ll always have a chance as long as our defense holds us and the boys carry out the game plan,” Nelson said. “I thought our schemes were good tonight.”

Jackson, averaging 28.4 points in his previous five games, scored 10 in the first quarter but had only 10 after that.

It didn’t matter.

Maggette picked up the scoring slack in the second quarter, while rookie Anthony Randolph had seven of his nine points in the third period, when the Warriors built an 80-62 lead. Randolph and Maggette combined to score Golden State’s final 11 points of the quarter.

Portland, on the other hand, got the usual production out of Roy and Aldridge, but not much from anyone else. Center Oden spent much of the first half on the bench with foul trouble and finished with eight points and 11 rebounds.

Portland also committed 23 turnovers.

“That was the key,” Blazers coach Nate McMillan said. “We knew that we couldn’t turn the ball over against this team. We fought to stay close and got close but weren’t able to finish.”

Despite their lack of offensive rhythm, the Blazers were within 89-84 following a 3-pointer by Rudy Fernandez and a short jumper from Aldridge. Ellis scored to stop the slide for Golden State, then later added back-to-back 19-footers to make it 95-86.

The Blazers made one final push, closing to 95-91 on Fernandez’s breakaway dunk with 51 seconds left.

Notes: Turiaf had 13 points in Golden State’s win over Utah on Sunday and added 10 points and eight rebounds in a win over the Knicks on Tuesday. … Travis Outlaw had eight points and 12 rebounds, but went 3-of-14 from the floor for Portland.

arjay_g
02-14-2009, 05:40 AM
The Matrix has been traded (along with Marcus Banks) to the Raptors for Jermaine O'Neal (along with Jamario Moon and a future first round draft pick.)

this may signal the start of lots of expected player movements before the trade deadline. stay tuned ;D

CM_Punk
02-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Miami gets a good defensive presence in the paint with J. O'Neal, provided he stays healthy (which hasn't happened lately), and gets D-Wade a big man who has some veteran playoff experience. O'Neal's contract also expires in 2010, so they will have some money by next year to get more good talent.

I think the Raptors gave up too much by including the 1st round draft pick, even if it is lottery protected for the next few years. Toronto finally gets a player in Marion who can start at the 3 for them, but with their weak frontcourt depth after Bosh and Bargnani, their rebounding will get worse again now that J.O. is gone. The trade might look better a few months from now if they let Marion walk and use the money and sign a good, younger free agent in the off-season.

chinito_guy
02-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Looks like I spoke too soon when i said the Rookies will trash the Sophies in the 2009 All Star Games!
KEVIN DURANT was not HUMAN in that game! :o :o :o