PDA

View Full Version : The King and His Cavaliers (The CLeveland Cavaliers Thread)

aircanda
10-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Can Lebron and the Cavs make an another trip to the finals and redeem theirselves?
Their line-up looks weak for me even if they have acquired Mo Williams.. But knowing that James, he does unbelievable things for this team..

Will this be enough to challenge the Celtics, Pistons and the other powerhouses in the East?

coreytaylor
10-18-2008, 01:48 PM
^^ Philly baby! ;D nah! i don't think they can get back in the finals again.. boston, I think, is the team that would go back to the finals this year to defend their title..but hey, the east looks very very unpredictable right now..almost all teams boosted their line-up...

...BUT as long as THE KING is their, never ever count out the Cavs...

tigerman
10-22-2008, 11:42 PM
If Lebron develops a more consistent mid-range game, I expect the Cavs to be in the thick of the fight in the east.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

myktristan
10-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Truehoop Wants To Know
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-ClevelandPreview0809

Cavs down one, 9.2 seconds to play, must-win game. What's the play?

Cavalier Attitude:

Hitting buzzer-beaters may make "SportsCenter," but it's not the only way to evaluate how clutch a player is. A statistic defined as a clutch stat is a player's "production per 48 minutes of crunch time," where crunch time is defined as "fourth quarter or overtime, less than five minutes left, neither team ahead by more than five points." Last year, LeBron obliterated the competition in this department with a mind-boggling 56.0 average.

So when it comes to what the Cavs do with the game on the line, you don't need X's and O's to figure this out:

Give the ball to LBJ and get the hell out of his way.

aircanda
11-14-2008, 05:21 PM
The Cavs are on a 6 game winning streak now! Their latest win was against Lebron's rival, Melo.

coreytaylor
11-19-2008, 03:50 PM
LeBron thinking about free agency before 2010
http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/18/lebron.freeagency.ap/index.html

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- While his free agency is still two years away, LeBron James won't hesitate to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers if another franchise offers the superstar a better chance to win multiple NBA titles.

"I think you do what is best for you and you do what is best for your career," James said Tuesday night when asked about his sense of loyalty to the Cavaliers before they played the Nets in New Jersey.

"...I go out and I play hard and that's loyalty," James added. "It's hard because it's a business. (The) franchise is going to do what is best for the franchise, you know. When a player does what is best for the player, it always comes back on us. I am going to look bad. If a franchise decides to give up on a player, it's OK. So we have to do what is best for us."

James has two years left on a five-year contract extension he signed in 2006. But with several teams, including New Jersey and the New York Knicks, attempting to clear out salary-cap space for a star-studded free agent class in 2010, there is speculation James will continue his career outside Cleveland.

Before Tuesday night's game at the Izod Center, James was surrounded by about 20 members of the media and the first question dealt with his upcoming free agency.

While it has been hard avoiding all the reports on his free agency, the 23-year-old James said he is paying attention to the here and now.

"I am focused on the team that I am on right now and winning a championship," he said. "So it gets funny at times, but I don't think about making a change at this point. I am focusing on the team I have here and the relationship I have with the Cavs."

At an early-voter registration rally last month in Cleveland, James made his strongest comments to date about wanting to stay in his home state.

"I love you Cleveland," he said. "I love Ohio and I'm not going anywhere."

James said he is satisfied with the moves the Cavaliers have made this past off-season, acquiring guard Mo Williams in a trade with Milwaukee and feels Cleveland can make another run at a title.

"I am from there," he said. "Home is home for me. you know that's what I was referring to at that time. No matter where you go or if you ever move somewhere else it doesn't matter, home is always going to be home and that's what I was basically letting them know."

Cleveland fans are worried about losing James after seeing free agents like Manny Ramirez and Jim Thome bolt the Indians for huge contracts the home team couldn't match.

James said winning a title will be the most important thing for him in free agency.

"Absolutely," he said. "When I decide to make that decision, you know, it is basically to put me in a position where I feel like I can win multiple championships. If it's staying here, then I will be here. If it's moving elsewhere, then I will have to look at all my options."

Heading into the Tuesday night's game, the Cavaliers were the NBA's hottest team, having won seven in a row.

"I think we have made strides since I have been here," James said. "We have gotten better every year and I think this year is probably the best team we've had since I have been here. You got to see how the season plays out. Just because you have a different team, with different players, doesn't automatically guarantee you a championship. I have to be smart about things and be patient."

================================================== =====================

If that's the case, he should join the Celtics or the Spurs. ;D

Huwag niya na isama Lakers! Kobe s*cks! Aww! :D

aircanda
11-20-2008, 07:54 PM
^^ pare naman.. cavs thread to.. wag mo na i down si Kobe dito.. masakit pa ren para sa aken eh ;D

tigerman
11-20-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't think the Lakers have enough space on their salary cap for LeBron. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

coreytaylor
11-21-2008, 11:53 AM
^^ pare naman.. cavs thread to.. wag mo na i down si Kobe dito.. masakit pa ren para sa aken eh* ;D

sori pare. hehe ;D

aircanda
11-23-2008, 06:16 PM
hihi ayos lang.. di bale.. 7-0 na ang Cavs at home.. Mo and Delonte combined for 42 points against Atlanta..

john_paul_manahan
12-31-2008, 08:27 AM
happy birthday, lebron.

aircanda
12-31-2008, 12:27 PM
happy birthday, lebron.

and to think he is just 24 years old.. wtg man!

a_ron
12-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Lebron in New York 2010...

paul_theking
01-02-2009, 11:33 AM
:) the Cavaliers are in serious contention for the East, with LBJ playing effective with less minutes, i guess Cleveland will make it hard for Boston to win the east. And if they do enter the finals, they have a better chance of winning the title and not getting swept again

LeBron James- MVP

stonecold316
01-10-2009, 12:42 PM
CLEVELAND (AP) - For days, LeBron James insisted facing the NBA champions in January was no ordinary regular-season game.

He and his teammates proved it.

James scored 38 points, harassed Paul Pierce all over the floor and strengthened his case to be the league's MVP front-runner as the Cleveland Cavaliers improved to 19-0 at home by beating the staggering Boston Celtics 98-83 Friday night in a game oozing with postseason intensity.

James scored 23 in the second half. He added seven rebounds, six assists, four steals and three blocks.

After the Cavs had built their lead to a comfortable 20 points in the second half, Cleveland fans began chanting "M-V-P!"

There was no debate this night.

With James leading the way, the Cavaliers handed the Celtics their second-worst loss of the season and dropped them to 2-7 since opening 27-2. Boston had to resort to fouling Ben Wallace to try to trim Cleveland's lead in the fourth, but the Hack-A-Ben strategy was hardly effective as Cleveland's forward, a 44 percent free-throw shooter, dropped 4-of-8 free throws in a two-minute stretch.

When he was taken out, Wallace shot a menacing stare toward Boston coach Doc Rivers.

Pierce, who came in averaging 19.5 points, was held to 11 on 4-of-15 shooting. Boston's leading scorer only got into double digits when James turned him over to Wally Szczerbiak in the fourth. Before that, James wouldn't let Pierce get out of his sight, chasing up, down and around the 94-foot court.

Kevin Garnett had 18 points and 15 rebounds, and Rajon Rondo added 13 assists for the Celtics, who shot only 41 percent from the floor and didn't have their usual swagger.

Anderson Varejao scored 14 points and Mo Williams 13 for Cleveland, which avenged a season-opening road loss to the Celtics despite playing without injured center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

The win was vital to the Cavaliers, who lost Game 7 in Boston in last year's Eastern Conference semifinals and want to secure home-court advantage during the playoffs this season. The first tiebreaker if the teams end up with the same record is head-to-head matchups.

James scored 13 in the third quarter, but was his swarming defense - especially on Pierce - that allowed the Cavaliers to take a 72-60 into the fourth.

With James cutting off his driving lanes and keeping a hand in his face, Pierce missed all four shots he attempted in the third. After misfiring on a long 3-pointer just before the horn, a frustrated Pierce turned and said something to fans sitting in courtside seats. They just laughed as he walked to the bench.

Cleveland and Boston have developed a healthy, heated rivalry, something Rivers wishes was more prevalent around the league.

"I think you have to play a team in the playoffs to get a better rivalry, like us with Cleveland," Rivers said. "I think that's what starts it. You see a team every night, seven times, the next time you see them in the next regular season, you can't love each other anymore."

There's no love lost as the teams didn't need long to get reacquainted.

Garnett was called for a technical four in the first quarter when he got caught slapping Varejao's arm after he was shoved by the Cavs forward. James, too, hit the deck after a drive but that seemed to be more the result of him trying to get a call than hard contact.

Cleveland's fans were fired up and in playoff form before the opening tip and the team cranked up the pregame pyrotechnics inside Quicken Loans Arena to levels not seen since last season's Boston series. The added flames may have been requested by Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who was unable to make it down from his home in Detroit because of heavy snow.

The Cavaliers made their first six shots from the field and finished the first quarter 13-of-18 - James had four of the five misses - to lead 33-23 after one.

Notes: James hasn't decided whether he'll play on the next Olympic team at the 2012 Games in London. Right now, he can't even think about it. USA Basketball's Jerry Colangelo, who put together the 2008 gold medal-winning team, is expected to ask some potential Olympians of their interest at next month's All-Star game in Phoenix. "I won't be ready to answer that," said James, who was asked if he would play in Turkey at the 2010 world championships. "I won't be ready answer that either. That's like next month." ... Rivers joked that Cleveland wasn't always a hostile environment for visitors. "The day LeBron was drafted made it a tougher place to play," he said with a laugh. "I'm just going to leave it there." ... The Cavs play six of their next seven on the road, including four on a West Coast trip.

stonecold316
01-10-2009, 12:44 PM
The King Lebron James led the Cavs in trashing the Boston Celtics.
Good win for the team.

paul_theking
01-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Cavaliers are on a roll... ;D

aircanda
01-15-2009, 09:19 PM
totoo bang gustong makuha ng Cavs si Brad Miller?

coreytaylor
01-16-2009, 12:45 PM
^^ Para saan pa? Di na nila kailangan yan. They'll just sabotage their team chemistry. See what happened to Detroit?

I also read an article that they want to acquire Shawn Marion for A. Varejao and Wally S. (Cleveland GM would really be stupid if he pulls the trigger on this one).

dark_seid
01-16-2009, 02:41 PM
i disagree dito.

wouldn't it be more scary with lebron and marion running on the wings in a fastbreak? it's basically a starter for 2 role players.

and problems with chemistry is easily solved by winning.

aircanda
01-17-2009, 10:41 AM
^ ako ok ako kay Brad Miller.. He can make good passes pag nasa post siya.. pwdeng umikot ikot lang si Lebron.. just like in his early days with SAC.. ok siya off the bench kapalit ni Big Z.. pero kung makukuha lang siya kapalit ni Varejao... wag na lang siguro..

coreytaylor
01-17-2009, 01:11 PM
i disagree dito.

wouldn't it be more scary with lebron and marion running on the wings in a fastbreak? it's basically a starter for 2 role players.

and problems with chemistry is easily solved by winning.

what?? a starter?? if lebron is the starting SF then where are you going to put shawn marion?? at the PF spot??

yes, that would be scary but marion is not that effective in half-court plays. shawn marion is also not a hustle player and does not really provide energy to a team unless it's a run and gun team. i like varejao's role more because he brings energy to the team coming of the bench. he's a hustler! plus he averages 9pts & 7rebs coming of the bench.

for wally naman, ok na rin role niya kahit di masyado consistent ang scoring niya every game. plus points na yan para sa kanyang team if he can score 8 or 10pts per game.

For me, Wally and Anderson are much more valuable than Shawn Marion. Both of them keeps the Cavs bench deeper.

coreytaylor
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Looks like the dynamic dou Lebron and Mo were shutdown by Orlando.

aircanda
01-31-2009, 09:40 AM
^ Its better na ngayon sla natalo. They can still regroup and will now know what are the adjustments they will make if they meet Orlando in the Semis or even in the conference finals. The only thing that worries me right now are their health. The injury bug are hurting them.

paul_theking
02-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Cavs still unbeaten at home 23-0 ;D

Get_Blazed
02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
2 nights after Kobe Bryant threw down 61 points on the same floor, King James went on another 50+ point tear on Madison Square Garden's Knicks. Actually, this time with a 52-point triple-double (10, Rebounds, 11 Assists, plus 2 Blocks).

His first was a 50-8-10 game last year.

M-V-P, M-V-P!! ;D

aircanda
02-07-2009, 02:44 PM
aaaaawwwwwww.... :(

NBA rescinds James' latest triple-double
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/afp/20090207/tsp-basket-nba-cavaliers-james-642008c.html

NEW YORK, (AFP) - - The New York Knicks may have been no match for Cavaliers superstar LeBron James, but the National Basketball Association statistics experts have managed to slow him down.

The NBA announced on Friday that James was incorrectly awarded with a rebound in the final minute of Cleveland's victory over the Knicks on Wednesday night.

The correction means James came up one rebound short of what had appered to be his 21st career triple-double.

Instead, James finished with 52 points, 11 assists and nine rebounds.

The revision also prevented James from being the first player to have a triple-double in a 50-point game since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar accomplished the feat in 1975.

- kahit na 9 rebounds lang siya.. hanep pa ren yun.. mahal kita Lebron!!! ;D

john_paul_manahan
02-08-2009, 10:23 AM
guess what. they facing each other tomorrow. goodness.

aircanda
02-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Lakers hand Cavaliers first home defeat
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/afp/20090209/tsp-basket-nba-lakers-642008c.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AFP) - - Los Angeles Lakers dealt the Cleveland Cavaliers their first home defeat of the National Basketball Association season in a clash of two of the league's top teams.
ADVERTISEMENT

With Most Valuable Player Kobe Bryant slowed by the flu, Lamar Odom stepped up for the Lakers, scoring a season-high 28 points with 17 rebounds in a 101-91 triumph.

The ailing Bryant still scored 19 points for the Lakers, who wrapped up an undefeated six-game road trip.

Sunday's win came three days after Los Angeles held off the reigning NBA champion Boston Celtics 110-109 in overtime.

"Hopefully, we'll keep this up," Lakers center Pau Gasol said. "It's nice, a good statement for us."

Added Odom: "We're playing for perfection."

Cavaliers superstar LeBron James had 16 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists but shot just 5-of-20 from the field as Cleveland lost for the first time in 24 games at home this season.

Cleveland's 23-game home winning streak was the fifth-longest such run in NBA history, but the Lakers have made a habit of snapping significant streaks this season.

On Christmas day they ended Boston's club-record 19-game winning streak, and their triumph in Boston on Thursday ended a 12-game winning streak for the Celtics.

This win owed a lot to Odom's third-quarter performance. He collected 15 points and 10 rebounds in the period as Los Angeles outscored Cleveland 29-16.

"Lamar impacted the game on both ends of the floor, especially with his ability to offensive rebound and his ability to slash," Cleveland coach Mike Brown said. "His athleticism, his length, his skills - he was a handful for us tonight, especially on the backside as the game went along in the third quarter."

Bryant, who spent the halftime break throwing up in the locker room, took an extended rest at the start of the fourth.

He stepped on the floor for the first time in the final period at the 5:43 mark and did not score until there was 2:48 remaining.

"He had chills at halftime and was struggling," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "But he said he was going to go out there anyway and play. He was definitely not himself today."

Bryant's first score of the final period was crucial. With the raucous crowd cheering on the home team he took James into the post, faked left and dropped in a fadeaway.

Bryant's shot was the first basket in an 8-0 run that gave Los Angeles a 100-89 lead that it would not relinquish.

"It was the ultimate form of leadership on his part," Los Angeles guard Derek Fisher said. "He laid what he had out there. He's probably going to pay for it for a couple of days."

Mo Williams scored 19 points and Wally Szczerbiak added 16 off the bench for Cleveland, who lost both games to the Lakers this season.

"We have to be healthy," said James, who alluded to an injury to Delonte West. "We haven't been healthy both times we played them."

Regular Grey
02-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Puro palusot naman itong si Lebron, Totoo na nung first game nila wala si Ilgauskaz. E ngayon naka balik na, tapos sa Lakers wala naman si Bynum. Tsaka si Kobe may Flu, pero di pa rin siya maka score ng maayos. Home court pa nila. Tapos nung natalo, dahil wala naman daw si Delonte West.

Ang problema ng Cavs, puro sisi at palusot ang alam. Parang iba lagi ang may kasalanan.

Get_Blazed
02-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Puro palusot naman itong si Lebron, Totoo na nung first game nila wala si Ilgauskaz. E ngayon naka balik na, tapos sa Lakers wala naman si Bynum. Tsaka si Kobe may Flu, pero di pa rin siya maka score ng maayos. Home court pa nila. Tapos nung natalo, dahil wala naman daw si Delonte West.

Ang problema ng Cavs, puro sisi at palusot ang alam. Parang iba lagi ang may kasalanan.

Parang ikaw sir, puro patutsada ang ginagawa kahit saan. Peace.;D

No excuses, but the Lakers really played mismatches well yesterday.

AP's Tom Withers' report couldn't be more spot-on:
"With Pavlovic out on Sunday, Brown was forced to leave LeBron James on Kobe Bryant and couldn’t use the 6-foot-8 James to defend Lamar Odom, who scored 15 of his season-high 28 points in the third quarter. Odom was too quick for Ben Wallace or Anderson Varejao, too big (6-10) and strong for the 6-7 Szczerbiak and too experienced for rookie J.J. Hickson, who twice failed to box out on weakside rebounds that Odom turned into easy baskets."

..Key baskets, at that.

Regular Grey
02-10-2009, 08:57 PM

"With Pavlovic out on Sunday, Brown was forced to leave LeBron James on Kobe Bryant and couldn’t use the 6-foot-8 James to defend Lamar Odom, who scored 15 of his season-high 28 points in the third quarter. Odom was too quick for Ben Wallace or Anderson Varejao, too big (6-10) and strong for the 6-7 Szczerbiak and too experienced for rookie J.J. Hickson, who twice failed to box out on weakside rebounds that Odom turned into easy baskets."

..Key baskets, at that.

Hmm ok a. Di ba ikaw naman yung mahilig mag maliit ng school?

With regards to Zobel studes, I am confident on which (school and program) they would choose between the 2.

Tapos ikaw rin yung magaling nag claim na magaling mag english

Inteligence is not the main issue I pointed out, but the quality of education a school offers, which reflects on the students/players. If a person cannot answer a simple question in english, what does that say about him as a student of the institution? Or about the quality of education the school offers for that matter? We need not go far. Just as simple as answering in english, which is as good as that the medium of instruction of almost all educational institutions in the country.

Pero nag Copy paste ka ng isang thread na sablay na sablay ang English?

Peace ;D

paul_theking
02-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Championships are won in June, not February. Oo, the Cavs suffered their first home defeat, so what? There are circumstances that give you an advantage or disadvantage, in the Cavs part, it was an off night for LeBron and they're shorthanded, as for the Lakers, Odom stepped up big in the absence of Bynum and the rest gave their best in the game, as for Kobe, sick or not, he is Kobe. But im still for the Cavaliers to come out of the East come May.

toti_mendiola
02-11-2009, 03:31 PM

..Key baskets, at that.

Hmm ok a. Di ba ikaw naman yung mahilig mag maliit ng school?

With regards to Zobel studes, I am confident on which (school and program) they would choose between the 2.

Tapos ikaw rin yung magaling nag claim na magaling mag english

Inteligence is not the main issue I pointed out, but the quality of education a school offers, which reflects on the students/players. If a person cannot answer a simple question in english, what does that say about him as a student of the institution? Or about the quality of education the school offers for that matter? We need not go far. Just as simple as answering in english, which is as good as that the medium of instruction of almost all educational institutions in the country.

Pero nag Copy paste ka ng isang thread na sablay na sablay ang English?

Peace ;D

Pare streaks will end in a matter of time. Ok lang yun. Pero yang ka kwentuhan mo straight lang ang mag papatigil diyan. J/J

Regular Grey
02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Ewan ko ba, pwede namang i rebutt ng maayos. he he he. May pa saring pa.

Get_Blazed
02-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Championships are won in June, not February. Oo, the Cavs suffered their first home defeat, so what? There are circumstances that give you an advantage or disadvantage, in the Cavs part, it was an off night for LeBron and they're shorthanded, as for the Lakers, Odom stepped up big in the absence of Bynum and the rest gave their best in the game, as for Kobe, sick or not, he is Kobe. But im still for the Cavaliers to come out of the East come May.

..and again today against the Rockets. He had a very bad offensive game and went into foul trouble early and never got the chance to get any real momentum. Kudos to Ron Artest and Shane Battier's "D", too. Hope to bounce back against another tough road game against the Spur tomorrow.

Get_Blazed
02-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Ewan ko ba, pwede namang i rebutt ng maayos. he he he. May pa saring pa.

Di ko lang natiis. Pero tapos na, sorry nalang. ;D

Regular Grey
03-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Minsan Tiisin mo na lang. :D

toti_mendiola
03-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Minsan Tiisin mo na lang. :D

O kaya ikiskis na lang sa pader.

arjay_g
03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Kings waive F Drew Gooden (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-kings-gooden&prov=ap&type=lgns)

The Cavs are mentioned in the article as a possible destination for Gooden. The Cavs may need him since they lost Ben Wallace to a potentially season-ending injury. Otoh, Gooden has been saddled with a recurring groin injury this season. Interesting development here whether Gooden will rejoin his former team in their playoff run or if the Cavs will stick it out with Varejao as their starter and JJ Hickson as their only backup big while waiting if Big Ben is lost for the season or not.

coreytaylor
03-03-2009, 10:20 AM
^^ nah! he's going to the spurs! ;D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmGZfwwfJ2aca5.MqdKkJCe8vLYF?slug=aw-goodenspurs030109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

stonecold316
03-07-2009, 03:57 PM
The king and his Cavs just got beaten by the Celtics.

Celtics beat Cavs at home to tighten East race
03/07/2009 | 01:55 PM
Email this | Email the Editor | Print | ShareThis
BOSTON — Home-court advantage has meant everything when the new Big Three plays King James, and the Boston Celtics may have swiped the edge away from the Cavaliers on Friday night.

Paul Pierce scored 29 points, reserve Leon Powe had 20 points and 11 rebounds, and the Celtics beat Cleveland 105-94 to move within percentage points of the East-leading Cavaliers in the race for home-court advantage through the conference finals.

“I know we’re close, and at the end of the season they’ll tell us," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. “Both teams are really good, and really good teams don’t lose at home. That’s why it’s really important for us to get this."

The Cavaliers (48-13) lead Boston (49-14) in winning percentage .787 to .778, though the Celtics took the lead in the head-to-head tiebreaker, 2-1, with an April 12 game in Cleveland remaining. Since the Celtics assembled their core of Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, neither team has won on the other’s court, including the Eastern Conference semifinal last year that Boston won in seven games.

“They are a good team, with and without KG," Cavs coach Mike Brown said. “But I still feel like we can win on anybody’s court."

Mo Williams scored 26 for Cleveland and LeBron James had 21, shooting just 5-of-15 from the field to go with 9-for-12 from the line. He spent the last 87 seconds of the game on the bench after the Cavaliers fell behind by 15 and couldn’t make a run.

“Both teams know it takes on a different meaning because we may face each other late in the season," said James, who went 13:11 without a point in the second half as the Celtics turned a 55-52 lead into an 88-77 advantage. “At one point, somebody’s going to have to get a win on the other’s home court."

Garnett missed his seventh straight game for Boston with a strained knee muscle, and backup Glen “Big Baby" Davis was ejected in the third quarter for a flagrant foul. Powe filled in and reached season highs in both points and rebounds, giving the Celtics a spark with a blocked shot and a basket at the other end that opened a 94-83 lead.

After James missed a 3-pointer, Powe grabbed the rebound and Pierce hit a pair of free throws, then Powe dunked with 3:48 left to give the Celtics a 98-83 lead — their biggest of the game.

“I know there’s a lot depending on me coming in and playing well," said Powe, who had more points and rebounds than then entire Cavaliers bench. “It’s way more than just a game. We take this is our pride game."

The home team has won the first three matchups of the season series, and home court could prove even more important if they meet again in the playoffs. Boston eliminated the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference semifinals last year en route to its NBA-record 17th championship.

The crowd noise at tipoff was reminiscent of last spring’s playoffs, but nothing in the first half really excited the fans as much as James’ missed dunk with 8 minutes left in the first period. Bringing the ball back with for a tomahawk slam, he instead banged it off the back of the rim — to the delight of the sellout crowd.

The intensity returned in the second when the players went chest-to-chest under the Cavs basket after Davis wrapped up Anderson Varejao to prevent an easy layup. James and Allen began jawing at each other while officials tried to separate them. They were each called for technical fouls, as was Cavs center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Davis was called for a flagrant foul and ejected — exacerbating Boston’s problem at power forward. (All seemed to be forgiven later in the third, when Allen fouled James to stop him from an easy basket; James helped Allen up and gave him a friendly tap on the behind.)

After the free throws, James hit a 3-pointer and Williams followed with a fadeaway jumper that cut Boston’s seven-point lead to 55-54. Cleveland soon made it 57-all, but Pierce hit a jumper before Allen hit a 3-pointer and then scored on a breakaway, losing the handle of the ball only to have it bounce off James and back into Allen’s hands for the reverse layup.

Boston led 68-63 when Pierce hit back-to-back 3-pointers to make it an 11-point game. – AP

aircanda
03-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Lebron recorded his 3rd straight triple double in his last game against the suns. He hurriedly took his 10th rebound on the dying seconds of the game ;D

aircanda
03-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Cavaliers edge Magic 97-93
http://www.nba.com/games/20090317/ORLCLE/recap.html

CLEVELAND(AP) There was a dramatic shot, a questionable call - or two - in the closing seconds and a frenzied crowd.

On an unseasonably warm night in March, it sure felt like June.

The NBA playoffs don't start for another month. Tell that to the Magic and Cavaliers.

LeBron James finished with 43 points, including a long 3-pointer with 47.4 seconds left and two clutch free throws with 8.7 seconds to go, as Cleveland avoided just its second loss at home with a 97-93 win over Orlando on Tuesday night.

With Cleveland trailing 93-92 in a game soaked in postseason intensity, James, wearing green and white Nikes to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, pulled up in front of Orlando's bench and coldly knocked down his 3. It may have said "Irish'' on the back of his shoes - his high school's nickname - but there was no luck involved.

"That was just being confident. Being down one and taking a 3, a lot of people wouldn't have done that,'' James said. "I'm one of the guys who would do that. I knocked it down.''

On Orlando's next possession, Magic center Dwight Howard was called for a 3-second violation by referee Jack Nies, giving the ball back to Cleveland.

A steamed Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy couldn't fathom a whistle at that point.

"You won't see that call again. That, I guarantee you,'' Van Gundy said. "You will not see, with the game on the line, a 3-second call in the last 10 seconds. That's part of the reason they're 30-1 at home. They're a very good team, and when you get calls like that (expletive), you're in pretty good shape.''

Howard, too, felt the Cavs got a break.

"I was very surprised,'' he said. "I was in the lane and I got out. It seemed like their bench or their coaching staff got into the ref's ear about me being in the lane. Instead of letting the refs make the call, I guess the bench made the call.''

James was then fouled while shooting by rookie Courtney Lee - another iffy call - and made his two free throws as the crowd chanted "MVP'' toward the superstar, who scored 21 of Cleveland's last 31.

Rashard Lewis missed a 3-pointer with 2.5 seconds left for the Magic, who came in with the Eastern Conference's best road record, but couldn't stop the Cavs from getting to 30-1 at home.

James, who scored 15 in the fourth, added 12 rebounds, eight assists and four steals. Mo Williams added 21 points for Cleveland, which held the Magic to 18 points in the fourth quarter and won its sixth straight. The Cavs are a league-best 14-2 since the All-Star break.

Howard had 13 points, 15 rebounds and six blocks for the Magic. But Orlando's big man attempted just eight shots, none in the fourth quarter as the Magic chose to attack from outside.

"I kick myself on a couple of play calls,'' Van Gundy said. "They were coming every time he (Howard) had the ball, but we still probably should have gone to him a little bit more throughout the game, not just at the end.''

Orlando took its last lead when Courtney Lee drove for a layup with 1:24 remaining. On Cleveland's next possession, Delonte West missed a 3-pointer, but Cavs forward Anderson Varejao got the rebound, giving the Cavs another chance.

James made the most of it.

Dribbling a few feet from Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, James surveyed his options before shooting his big 3-pointer - a shot that sent the Quicken Loans Crowd into a frenzy. After Howard was called for 3 seconds, James faked Lee into the air and drew a questionable foul on Lee, who worked as a counselor at James' camp two summers ago.

"He didn't jump as much as I thought he would,'' James said. "But definitely took up my space and that's what got me the call.''

James then stepped to the line, where he has had problems in the past, and made both attempts.

The Magic had won three straight in Cleveland and had beaten the Cavs in seven of their past nine meetings. Orlando also came in with road wins over Boston, the Los Angeles Lakers, San Antonio, Portland, Dallas and Utah.

"Maybe we'll see them again, deep in the playoffs,'' James said.

Orlando took a 75-66 late in the third period, but James, sensing his team was in deep trouble, made two jumpers and then ended the quarter by rushing down the floor for a layup at the horn to pull Cleveland within 75-72.

It was just the fifth time this season the Cavs trailed going into the fourth quarter.

Notes: The Cavs have 54 wins, three shy of the club record. ... Cavs F Wally Szczerbiak sprained his left knee in the third period and did not return. ... James may skip filling out an NCAA tournament sheet this year. "I think I'm just going to watch the games and be a fan. Filling out those brackets is very, very hard. This year it's open to anybody.'' He does have a favorite team, though. "Akron U. But it's going to be tough for those guys.'' James is sure if he had attended his hometown school - where high school teammates Romeo Travis and Dru Joyce went - the Zips could have competed for a national title. "We would have beaten up on the MAC,'' he said. ... Cavs coach Mike Brown, who has been ejected twice this season and has six technicals, has promised not to get another one this season. "I want our guys to understand, we control our own destiny,'' he said. "We don't want to get to the point where we're blaming officials. I've blamed the officials enough.''

john_paul_manahan
04-17-2009, 04:04 PM
wow. no lebron, no mo, no z, no joe smith: and they lose by 1 in OT to philly.

aircanda
04-18-2009, 01:36 AM
wow. no lebron, no mo, no z, no joe smith: and they lose by 1 in OT to philly.

sayang nga eh.. di na-tie yung record ng celtics back in 86. Pero what a season for this team.. lalo na at home!

john_paul_manahan
04-18-2009, 09:51 AM
From the Sports Guy....

1. LeBron James
And not just because he finally put together that insane package of skills. LeBron submitted the most convincing MVP season since Shaq's 2000 campaign. Four things to consider beyond all the obvious stuff:

1. After benching LeBron and others and losing their regular-season finale, the Cavs finished 66-16. Only nine teams won 66-plus games and the title: the '96 Bulls (72 wins), '97 Bulls (69), '72 Lakers (69), '67 Sixers (68), '86 Celts (67), '92 Bulls (67), '00 Lakers (67), '08 Celtics (66) and '71 Bucks (66). Each of those teams had at least two HALL OF FAMERS. LeBron played with Mo Williams, who made the All-Star Game only as an injury replacement. Same goes for Cleveland's 39-2 home mark; the '86 Celtics went 40-1 at home but did it in a more imposing building (the old Boston Garden) with five Hall of Famers (I'm including DJ, who should be in there). Will you be bouncing your grandkids on your lap and telling them about the time you saw Mo Williams play? What about Zydrunas Ilgauskas?

The Cavs' success this season happened because of the day-to-day competitiveness of a player whose drive can only be described as "Jordanesque." Maybe he's not as ruthless -- and really, nobody will ever be as ruthless as Jordan -- but from a consistency standpoint, LeBron is right there.

2. Defensively, he improved to such a startling degree that he's also my Defensive Player of the Year. Considering that LeBron defended the other team's best scorer every night, played the free-safety role better than anyone since Scottie Pippen, defended four different positions, allowed his team to play small or big, and always seemed to have one momentum-altering block per game ... I mean, what more do you need?

3. Offensively, only four players since 1974 led their teams in total points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks: Dave Cowens (1978), Scottie Pippen (1995), Kevin Garnett (2003) and LeBron (2009). He also became the first top-three scorer to crack the top 25 in rebounds, assists, steals and blocks as well: 28.4 ppg (second), 7.2 apg (ninth), 7.6 rpg (25th), 1.69 steals (seventh), 1.15 blocks (23rd). Since Feb. 1, he's averaging a 29-8-8 and approaching the 50-40-80 Club in percentages (49 percent FG, 40 percent 3FG, 78 percent FT). Let's just say his statistical chops are in place.

4. And this is my favorite reason ...

Not since Magic Johnson has a superstar doubled as such a galvanizing teammate. If there's an enduring image of the '08-09 season, it's the way LeBron stamped his personality on everyone around him. They orchestrate goofy pregame intros (my favorite: the team snapshot), trade countless chest bumps, giggle on the sidelines, hang out on road trips and support each other in every way. What's telling about LeBron's in-traffic dunks -- and he unleashes them more frequently than anyone since Dominique -- is how he seeks out his bench for feedback, and even better, how they give it to him. It makes the forced camaraderie of the Lakers seem glaring. If you want to watch a team that pulls for each other and follows the lead of its best player, watch Cleveland.

And if you're a Cavs fan trying to talk yourself into LeBron staying after 2010, your best chance is this: Through 24 years, LeBron has proven to be an inordinately devoted guy. When you're with him, you're with him. The upcoming documentary (supposedly superb) about his high school years bangs this point home. So does the fact that he jettisoned his agents and surrounded himself with high school buddies. So does everything that happened this season. He's as good of a teammate as a player. The more I watch him, the more I wonder if such an intensely loyal guy would ever say, "Thanks for the memories, everybody," dump his teammates, dump his hometown and start a fresh life elsewhere. Although he isn't surrounded by the most talented players right now, collectively, it's a team in the truest sense, with a devoted set of appreciative fans, and maybe that's all LeBron James will need in the end.

I thought he was a goner four months ago. I think he's staying now. Regardless, he's our Most Valuable Player for 2009. It won't be the last time.

Get_Blazed
04-21-2009, 09:34 PM
King James IS the MVP. While Mike Brown was named the Coach of the Year. 39-2 at home. Best record in the NBA. Best road record against the allegedly tough West.

What a year for the Cavs. Only one thing remains, then. One team, One Goal! :)

franz_inwurdz
05-14-2009, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsPndm2ff4Q

ang kulit ni Lebron

stonecold316
05-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Ang lakas talaga ng Cleveland this year.
Pero ang difference pa rin eh si Lebron.
24 years-old pa lang pero halimaw na sa court.

Regardless kung Boston or Orlando makakalaban nila, I think the Cavs has the right tools to enter the NBA Finals again.

Get_Blazed
05-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Hope to bounce back from a 0-1 deficit tomorrow. James time!

stonecold316
05-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Lebron is really the King!
Ang galing talaga.
saving the Cavs from sure defeat with a second remaining.
1 all na ang series as it goes to Orlando.

Emon74
05-28-2009, 04:16 PM
LeBron James need not to lose hope if the Cavs failed to make it in the NBA Finals, it looks bleak at this moment, down 3 games to 1 against Orlando, Cleveland can look forward to the next season, even Michael Jordan has his share of frustrations on its way in winning a championship, remember how the Detroit Pistons always denied Jordan's Bulls a championship berth twice in 1989 and 1990.

although di pa naman tapos ang laban but it may take more than a miracle for King James and his Cavs to win three in a row over Orlando.

stonecold316
05-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Lebron James was spectacular in leading the Cavs in a 112 102 win over the Magic.
Lebron recorded a triple double with37 points, 14 rebounds and 12 assists to help extend the series to another game.

dark_seid
05-31-2009, 03:56 PM
can we now go back to what-if's?
especially with ... what if danny ferry used wally's expiring contract for some actual help? like acquire marion?
because when the cavs' season ended today, wally's cap space also floated away.
so unless wallace truly leaves the money on the table and retires, no help is coming lebron's way for 2009-10.
of course, danny can always unearth some veteran minimum player or a mid-level exception (unless he already used it).
or mike brown can get some actual offensive genius to be his assistant coach.

Raging Blue
05-31-2009, 04:30 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Cavs management will try to lock up LeBron to a contract extension prior to the 2009-10 NBA season to preempt the pretenders for the King when his contract expires after the 2009-10 season.

But this will cost the Cavs both in terms of money and personnel decisions. Let's see.

I hope the King will soon get over his heartbreak from the result of the series with the Magic. The experience will only make him stronger and wiser. Go ask the great MJ.

tigerman
05-31-2009, 07:50 PM
can we now go back to what-if's?
especially with ... what if danny ferry used wally's expiring contract for some actual help? like acquire marion?
because when the cavs' season ended today, wally's cap space also floated away.

Ferry probably thought that his team's 66-16 record and a fake all-star like Mo Willliams would be enough to propel them to the championship. ;D

Anyway, I doubt if a player like Marion would be of much help to the Cavs than let's say a legit all-star like VC or Jamison. I mentioned the 2 ex-Tar Heels bec. I remember their names being mentioned in trade rumors during the trading deadline.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

arjay_g
05-31-2009, 10:09 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Cavs management will try to lock up LeBron to a contract extension prior to the 2009-10 NBA season to preempt the pretenders for the King when his contract expires after the 2009-10 season.

ako, ewan ko lng ha, pero duda ako na aalis si Lebron ng Cavs eh. feeling ko hindi agad pipirma to ng contrata next year para paguusapan na naman sha ng mga tao. And then ang ending balik Cavs din naman sha. may pagka KSP kasi to si Lebron e.

digitalsuperman
05-31-2009, 10:13 PM
i really wish they would get a better coach next year...i don't see mike brown's system going nowhere...

tawkytawny
06-01-2009, 10:12 AM
^ Nakana mo! :D

Sana makuha nila si Pop from San Antonio Spurs para siguradong magchachampion ang Cavs next season. Get rid of Szczerbiak, Pavlovik and also Wallace in the off season.

Mateen Cleaves
06-01-2009, 11:10 PM
""One thing about me you gotta understand; it is hard for me to congratulate somebody after just losing to him," James said. "I'm a winner; that's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you are not going to congratulate them [for] beating you up. That doesn't make sense to me, I'm a competitor and that is what I do. It doesn't make sense to me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Lebron James. Di TNL. ;D

myktristan
06-02-2009, 08:43 AM
""One thing about me you gotta understand; it is hard for me to congratulate somebody after just losing to him," James said. "I'm a winner; that's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you are not going to congratulate them [for] beating you up. That doesn't make sense to me, I'm a competitor and that is what I do. It doesn't make sense to me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Lebron James. Di TNL. ;D

Tama ka dyan, ser..hehehe..

pio_valenz
06-02-2009, 09:36 AM
LeBron should be more gracious in defeat. This is another reason why I think comparisons to Jordan should be put on hold for now.

Sam Miguel
06-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Here's Adrian Wojnarowski's full take on Lebron's incredible graciousness...

King James left the playoffs as a loser

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 6 hours, 42 minutes ago

I’m a winner, King James proclaimed. So, there you go. That’s his reason for rushing out of the conference finals without so much as a nod to Dwight Howard(notes) and the Orlando Magic. That’s his reason for marching to the bus and letting the Cleveland Cavaliers’ spare parts take care of his responsibilities in the interview room.

Funny, but James stayed on the court to make sure the Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks paid respect to him. As it turns out, there’s one thing allowed to happen at the end of a playoff series: Everyone bows down and kisses the King’s ring. Only, LeBron doesn’t have a ring. He’s never won a game in the NBA Finals.

So, yes, maybe they just have to kiss his ass.

“It’s not being a poor sport or anything like that,” James said.

No, nothing like that. Yes, James cares so much that it isn’t possible to be gracious and humbled.

You know me, he told the reporters in Cleveland on Sunday. I’m a competitor. “If somebody beats you up, you’re not going to congratulate them,” James said. “It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand.”

Here’s the question: Who has the guts to tell him that he sounds like an immature, self-absorbed brat?

Here’s the problem for the Cavaliers and James: No one.

It won’t be Cleveland Cavaliers ownership, front office and coaches. It won’t be the NBA. It won’t be Nike. And it sure won’t be those childhood sycophants who surround James and tell everyone what a brilliant businessman LeBron is because they can answer the phone when corporations call for a famous pitchman.

LeBron doesn’t want to win more than Michael Jordan did, but Jordan could stop and shake a winner’s hand. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird could, too. Julius Erving did. Kobe Bryant(notes). Isiah Thomas led a walkout after losing to the Chicago Bulls after winning two NBA titles, but Joe Dumars never followed him. He stayed and shook Jordan’s hand, the way Jordan had always shook his when the Pistons had beaten him.

“M.J. had stopped, shook my hand and hugged me three straight years that we had beaten them in the playoffs,” Dumars once told me. “There was no way I walking off the court without shaking the Bulls’ hands.”

Within the Cavs, someone needed to tell James that he embarrassed himself and the franchise, but that won’t happen. They’re too scared of him. Most league executives with knowledge of Cleveland’s operation believe it’s far more of an ownership issue, than basketball operations.

If general manager Danny Ferry and coach Mike Brown privately disdain the ridiculous posing for pictures that James started with his teammates on a 13-game winning streak, the owner is believed to see the foolishness as a marketing dream.

Someone should’ve told James that the pregame Polaroid act was belittling and beneath a championship contender, but it never happened.

All season, the Cavaliers acted too entitled, too arrogant for a team that’s won nothing. They ran out demanding that Mo Williams(notes) be made an All-Star, when the truth bore itself out in the playoffs: Cleveland has one All-Star. Nevertheless, Williams still embarrassed the Cavs with foolish proclamations and guarantees his middling talent couldn’t deliver.

“If you believe in karma with that nonsense,” one Western Conference executive said, “then Cleveland got what was coming to them.”

The Cavaliers are terrified of James. When you’re around them, it’s sometimes embarrassing to watch the way they tip-toe and grovel with him. In their defense, that’s how James wants it. As a childhood prodigy, that’s all LeBron’s ever known. The Cavs are at his mercy until he becomes a free agent in July of 2010, and that isn’t going to change. There’s no chance that he signs an extension this summer, because that would be the end of the drama, the intrigue and LeBron James(notes) isn’t letting that go away.

Now, Ferry goes back to the phones and starts work on surrounding James with championship talent. Cleveland is sure to revisit the Shaquille O’Neal(notes) talks with the Phoenix Suns, and James and his associates will send out word that, hey, we’ll go to New York unless the Cavs deliver him his title. Well, they’ve reached the NBA Finals and had the best record in the NBA within the past three seasons, so they must have surrounded James with something that works there.

Nevertheless, James distanced himself in losing again, after a season in which he sold himself as all for one, and one for all. James had been an MVP until the very final moments of the basketball season, and then, he embarrassed himself and acted like a petulant kid. In a world where everyone in his life is too fearful or too dependent, LeBron James goes into the summer believing his own nonsense that he walked out of this season a winner.

As usual, there’s no one to tell him.

Except maybe now, Kobe’s puppet.

Sam Miguel
06-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Sheer stupidity, that's all it was. Lebron James will never ever be anything but a coulda-been great instead of truly great until he gets his act together both on and off the court. Fundamentals are important in basketball. They are also important in life. As usual none of his homeboys will ever tell him that. Let him leave for New York, a city of 10 million a--holes will become 10 million and one...

dark_seid
06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
LeBron doesn’t want to win more than Michael Jordan did, but Jordan could stop and shake a winner’s hand. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird could, too. Julius Erving did. Kobe Bryant(notes). Isiah Thomas led a walkout after losing to the Chicago Bulls after winning two NBA titles, but Joe Dumars never followed him. He stayed and shook Jordan’s hand, the way Jordan had always shook his when the Pistons had beaten him.

“M.J. had stopped, shook my hand and hugged me three straight years that we had beaten them in the playoffs,” Dumars once told me. “There was no way I walking off the court without shaking the Bulls’ hands.”

that was a really really nice snippet of joe dumars and michael.
and to recall how tense the atmosphere was for those bulls-pistons playoff series through the years.

dark_seid
06-06-2009, 05:02 PM
back to back scathing columns by adrian wojnarowski http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgvvpkJO89clRohu2Rhx4ri8vLYF?slug=aw-shaqhoward060509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns.
this one's about shaq and his disingenuous siding on kobe to win this year's championship.

Some nice snippets

So why does Shaq get such glee out of belittling and ridiculing those centers who came before and after him?

“Sometimes I wonder about his maturity,” Kareem Abdul-Jabbar told Yahoo! Sports on Friday. “He doesn’t need to do that. He’s achieved so much.

“I don’t know why he stoops to that.”

Abdul-Jabbar doesn’t need Shaq’s approval, but Howard is 23 years old and Shaq owes it to the league, to common decency, to be civil with this kid. His treatment of Howard has been kind of sad, especially considering that Howard grew up wanting to be him.

Lost in that rap was the line, “That’s like Kareem saying to himself that he’s better than me.” Well, remember this: Abdul-Jabbar averaged 22 points and eight rebounds on a Laker championship team when he was 37 years old. When I asked him how that lyric made him feel, Abdul-Jabbar said, “The gratuitous insult? I considered the source and I slept very well that night.”

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar doesn’t need Shaq’s approval, nor his validation. Yet all Dwight Howard ever wanted was to be the next Shaquille O’Neal, and when did that become a crime for a young basketball player? Michael Jordan always had been secure enough in his legacy, his greatness, to embrace Kobe and LeBron.

So, yes, you have to wonder: Will Shaq ever be?

Mateen Cleaves
07-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Jordan Crawford dunk on Lebron James finally surfaces: http://ebaumnation.com/2009/07/22/jordan-crawford-dunks-on-lebron-james

It's an amateur video so the angle and the set-up aren't ideal. Watch for it around the 30 sec mark... Slo-mo replay at the 1-minute mark. :)

Get_Blazed
07-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Honestly, stories were overly exaggerated. Saw the vid, it was clearly not a poster.

erichubert
07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
If Lebron and Nike didn't over react to a simple dunk, then stories would not have been exaggerated. It was a simple dunk, the King made a big fuss over it.

Get_Blazed
07-24-2009, 04:12 PM
If Lebron and Nike didn't over react to a simple dunk, then stories would not have been exaggerated. It was a simple dunk, the King made a big fuss over it.

You're right. Now, back to business.

Sign Joe Smith if we cant get anyone better.

Outlander
07-25-2009, 08:12 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkJknkR61rmnzKZpESAoU7C8vLYF?slug=ap-cavaliers-moon&prov=ap&type=lgns

F Jamario Moon heading to Cavaliers

MIAMI (AP)—Restricted free-agent forward Jamario Moon(notes) is joining the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Miami Heat said Friday they had decided not to match the offer sheet Moon signed with Cleveland. Moon finished last season with Miami.

The Cavaliers had roughly $3.2 million of its midlevel exception to sign the 6-foot-8 Moon.

“We declined to match because we want to stay true to our plan of not adding salary to our 2010 cap, and matching it would have reduced our flexibility,” Heat president Pat Riley said in a statement. “Michael Beasley(notes) will be getting significant minutes at both forward positions, and this opens up more opportunities for him to become the player we all expect him to be.”

Beasley was the second overall pick in the 2008 draft.

The Heat’s decision regarding Moon also gives them more flexibility this offseason. They have been courting free-agent forward Lamar Odom, and they’ve been linked to a potential trade involving Utah forward Carlos Boozer.

Moon and Jermaine O’Neal were acquired by the Heat from Toronto in February for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks. Moon, regarded as a good defender, appeared in 80 games last season, with 60 starts, and averaged 7.2 points, 4.6 rebounds and 26 minutes. He led the NBA in steals-to-turnover ratio at 2.00.

nastrans
07-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Mas malala pa din yung dunk ni Mirza kesa kay Jordan Crawford :D

Joescoundrel
10-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Will Shaq be good for Bron? The "Ring for the King" quest begins...

coreytaylor
11-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Citing respect for MJ, LeBron wants to shed No. 23
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/13/lebron.jersey.ap/index.html

CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James wants NBA players to give up their No. 23s to honor Michael Jordan.

The Cavaliers superstar, who has worn 23 since he was a high school sophomore, believes players should pay tribute to Jordan for the Hall of Famer's impact on the game.

"I just think what Michael Jordan has done for the game has to be recognized in some way -- soon," James said. "There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dwyane Wade, you name all the best players in the league right now and the last 10 years, there would be none of us without Michael Jordan."

James made the comments following the Cavs' win in Miami on Thursday night. The news was first reported by The Plain Dealer.

James said he has been considering the change for some time. He's willing to switch to No. 6 -- his U.S. Olympic team number -- and wants to start a petition to get every player in the league wearing 23 to give up the number.

"It's time," James said. "He's the best basketball player we've ever seen. Mike does it on the court and off the court. If you see 23, you think about Michael Jordan. You see guys flying through the air, you think about Michael Jordan. You see game-winning shots, you think about Michael Jordan. You see fly kicks, you think about Michael Jordan. He did so much, it has to be recognized, and not just by putting him in the Hall of Fame."

Jordan sat courtside on Thursday when James scored 34 points to lead the Cavs to their sixth win in seven games.

"He can't get the logo, and if he can't, something has to be done," James said, referring to the NBA logo that's modeled on a silhouette of Jerry West. "I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. Nobody. If I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it."

James must formally notify the NBA by early March if he plans to change numbers. He has not done so yet. Players generally must wear a number five years before they can apply to switch.

The reigning MVP frequently wears No. 6 as a practice jersey with the Cavaliers. He wears that number because his second-favorite player is Julius "Dr. J" Erving and it holds other special meaning.

"I wore 32 back in high school because Dr. J wore it at first," he said. "My first child was born on Oct. 6, my second child was born in June. If I'm not going to wear 23, I'm going to wear 6."

dark_seid
11-14-2009, 08:13 AM
^ and there would be no michael jordan if julius erving didn't come first. and julius wouldn't have flown if oscar robertson didn't show how to do it first. now every nba baller will be forced to change their jersey number because james is pressuring.

best situation for everybody to save themselves from this fracas is for michael to come out publicly and state that he is honored by the gesture but the game is bigger than him (or something to that effect).

Mateen Cleaves
11-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I like how Kevin Hench of FoxSports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/10364584/LeBron-shouldn%27t-play-the-numbers-game) summed it up:

"...this idea is all 'Bron and no brains." ;D

coreytaylor
03-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Z is back with the Cavs.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/03/23/cavs.ilgauskas.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

maroonmartian
04-19-2010, 09:48 AM
I watched the NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs preview. Guess who are they picking as the champs. Is them :D Hopefully wag na sila magchoke ;D They got a better cast of players this year. They are my bet in the East.

Emon74
07-10-2010, 01:26 PM
It's back to the dark ages for Cleveland without the King, LeBron may win a championship with Miami, but that's it, he'd be more of a Julius Erving, winning just one title, with all these media hype and surrounding James worshipers, don't think LBJ could ever follow the footsteps of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

At least Dr.J did it for his team, the 76ers, James had to need some help from Dwayne Wade just to achieve his goal.

chocoks77
07-11-2010, 01:14 PM
He is Wade's Scottie Pippen. LBJ cannot state that this is his team because he was the one who changed teams. If he wins, he is the Robin to Dwyane or the Tonto to Wade.

Ghostrider
07-11-2010, 11:08 PM
This is crude and politically incorrect, but funny:
:-*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSC8AfkIPzk&feature=player_embedded

AnthonyServinio
07-10-2014, 11:34 PM
After four years of inactivity, this thread has suddenly acquired renewed significance!

AnthonyServinio
07-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Could this be a record of sorts -- FOUR overall number one picks on the same team at the same time?

http://servssports.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/andrew-wiggins-adidas-3b.jpg?w=300&h=225 (http://servssports.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/top-pick-wiggins-picks-adidas/)

ADD ANDREW Wiggins to the growing list of National Basketball Association (NBA) Number One overall picks under the adidas banner. The 6’8” Wiggins was selected first overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the annual rites held last June 26 in New York City. READ MORE (http://servssports.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/top-pick-wiggins-picks-adidas/)