PDA

View Full Version : The most popular team in the PBA...

a_ron
10-18-2008, 09:57 AM

Dark Knight
10-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Crispa............... ;). So ,popular, they appeared in FPJ's movie as taxi drivers

bchoter
10-18-2008, 02:16 PM
^ Yes, Atoy Co was among the prominent supporting cast but I think Crispa have disbanded during that time. Patrimonio, yata, had the most lines among the taxi drivers.

pepman
10-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Ginebra!

jieun17
10-19-2008, 06:42 PM
i read this survey froma newspaper just weeks ago and it says that Ginebra and Purefoods share the top spot for the most popular team in tha PBA, the difference only is that Ginebra has a moajority of male fans while Purefoods has more female fans.

this is because Ginebra was once really the only one on top, it became the most popular team since the days of jaworski and up to now their fans (especially males, whom obviously is more enthusiast in basketball than females) have been supporting them through players and coach transistion.

purefoods on the other hand is pretty much popular among girls because of the "physical features" its players have, which i think started way way back with alvin patrimonio. add the fact that james yap who is the team's star player is married to a very popular tv personality which is Kris aquino.

third in line is the San miguel beermen...

so i think except for having the biggest team franchise in PBA which is currently sponsoring 3 teams the San Miguel team franchise have also occupied the top three slots for the most popular team in the PBA today. ;)

nastrans
10-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Sayang Red Bull, if they have kept their core sila na siguro ang currently the most popularly "hated" team sa PBA with the likes of E-Vill, Junthy, and Lordy in the lineup. :D

tigerman
11-02-2008, 09:44 AM
^ Yan nga nakakapagtaka eh. It's known that most Filipinos cheer for the underdogs and yet Red Bull doesn't have a wide fan base despite their overachieving performances.

Siguro natatak na sa karamihan yung hard, physical plays ng team and madami din kasing may ayaw kay Torion, Junthy at Pennisi.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

nastrans
11-02-2008, 10:57 AM
^at kasi ayaw nila kay Yeng kasi kalbo? :D

Ang magiging unique sana sa rivalry na medyo decent naman if in case Red Bull or Ginebra is that yung isa hero team yung isa anti-hero.

a_ron
11-07-2008, 08:22 AM
^at kasi ayaw nila kay Yeng kasi kalbo? :D

Ang magiging unique sana sa rivalry na medyo decent naman if in case Red Bull or Ginebra is that yung isa hero team yung isa anti-hero.