PDA

View Full Version : PCCL Preview: CeSAFI TV coverage by BTV sucks big time!

thadzonline
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
That CeSAFI 2008 Finals Games 3 & 4 coverage done by BTV makes me upset. I was expecting a more professional coverage that would at least portray a good image of the Cebu league. What we got are analysts who were so unfamiliar with the league and its players, its personalities, the circumstances around the league, etc.

In their ignorance, they even kept laughing on TV. Sana naman kumuha ng at least 1 local analyst na familiar with the CeSAFI yung BTV to give justice to the CeSAFI being a Cebu league. Ang dami pwede kunin eh, names like Sandi Grumo, Randy Sacdalan, Anthony Servinio, etc.

The_Big_Cat
10-11-2008, 03:47 PM
That CeSAFI 2008 Finals Games 3 & 4 coverage done by BTV makes me upset. I was expecting a more professional coverage that would at least portray a good image of the Cebu league. What we got are analysts who were so unfamiliar with the league and its players, its personalities, the circumstances around the league, etc.

In their ignorance, they even kept laughing on TV. Sana naman kumuha ng at least 1 local analyst na familiar with the CeSAFI yung BTV to give justice to the CeSAFI being a Cebu league. Ang dami pwede kunin eh, names like Sandi Grumo, Randy Sacdalan, Anthony Servinio, etc.

I have to agree with you. Medyo magulo yung commentary particularly yung kay Mike Abasolo. First time yata ni Mike doing TV commentary. And we will be seeing more of Mike Abasolo as he is one of the commentaries for the upcoming TV coverage of the PBL.

The other observation I noticed is how humid inside the Cebu Coliseum. Kitang-kita mo yung pawis ng dalawang commentaries sa mukha and particularly their shirts which were soaked with persperation. ;D

D_I_A
10-12-2008, 02:51 PM

sana ikaw na lang kinuha sir thadz..
at least alam na alam mo conditions dun..

thadzonline
10-12-2008, 04:52 PM
mas maganda sana sina Servinio, Grumo at Sacdalan na lang, familiar na sa Cebu scene tsaka may experience na

durden_tyler
10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
That's the problem of sending of sending a rushed team actually. But Mike and company did a pretty passable job if you ask me, commentating-wise.

Thing is, it's still better than nothing (i believe game coverage was done for the first time, or at least on BTV's end.)

If Cebu and its schools can start bankrolling the money and investing in this kind of coverages i feel there is going to be a way better product in the future. Again, still a good start to exposing Cebu basketball.

thadzonline
10-12-2008, 10:30 PM
well, I'd understand from your own point of view...but to those familiar with Cebu basketball, it's just not good enough ;D

durden_tyler
10-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Yes. And i'd understand your point of view as well. Again, hopefully this is not a one time deal. Cebu basketball (as seen from your crowd at the gym) is alive! And it is going to be worth it to cover it regularly.

a_ron
10-13-2008, 12:13 AM
i was not able to watch that airing of the Cesafi by BTV but as what sir Thadz describe it pait gyd diay maypa si Sir thadz nalang..

sir_hodge
10-13-2008, 01:10 AM
yeah... enough with the too much focus on UAAP... Ateneo/LaSalle... Cebu basketball is just as exciting...
Pero bakit ganun sa Cebu, wala yatang air-conditioned Dome... Nakakagulat naman... considering Cebu is next to Manila when it comes to economic development... Here in Ormoc we have a centralized a/c Superdome, to think Ormoc is a lot less heard of than Cebu...

thadzonline
10-13-2008, 09:01 AM
oo nga sir_hodge, mas maganda pa yung Superdome niyo, while Cebu had to make do with the New Cebu Coliseum which is not in anyway new anyway. THere's an airconditioned gym sa Cebu Business Park pero maliit lang and will surely not accommodate the CeSAFI. I've also heard of plans to rennovate SWU's Aznar Coliseum. yung USC Gym ok naman but is also a lot smaller than the Cebu Coliseum.

chinito_guy
10-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Buti nga po merong whole game coverage ung CESAFI sa BTV eh,
NAASCU eh highlights lang huhuhuhu :'(

CrossOver
10-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Sayang hindi ko napanood sa BTV me replay kaya? simula pa nung MBA na impress na ko sa kalidad ng talent sa Cebu tapos dito sa Liga Pilipinas lalo ako na impress sa Cebu Niņo

durden_tyler
10-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Buti nga po merong whole game coverage ung CESAFI sa BTV eh,
NAASCU eh highlights lang huhuhuhu :'(

At least may highlights yung ibang liga ni news team walang naipadala!

On a more serious note, it's how these leagues (and teams) perform in the big stage really. Cebu teams (UV) did particularly well in last year's PCC--- the message is clear, if it's worth it (meaning if your team can perform at that level) people will invest on it!

sir_hodge
10-13-2008, 08:12 PM
oo nga sir_hodge, mas maganda pa yung Superdome niyo, while Cebu had to make do with the New Cebu Coliseum which is not in anyway new anyway. THere's an airconditioned gym sa Cebu Business Park pero maliit lang and will surely not accommodate the CeSAFI. I've also heard of plans to rennovate SWU's Aznar Coliseum. yung USC Gym ok naman but is also a lot smaller than the Cebu Coliseum.

but these are school gyms... wala bang nakalaan man lang na pondo for Cebu's own? or any dome not owned by a school? Is it true that the Cebu Coliseum only relies on Industrial Fans, that's why yung commentators daw ay tagaktak ang pawis?

a_ron
10-13-2008, 08:56 PM
There is one in the neighboring city located in mandaue own by the city govt it is airconditioned ..it is the same gym where the Landmaster played before in MVBA.MBA Cebu gems also played there before...

thadzonline
10-13-2008, 09:09 PM

but these are school gyms... wala bang nakalaan man lang na pondo for Cebu's own? or any dome not owned by a school? Is it true that the Cebu Coliseum only relies on Industrial Fans, that's why yung commentators daw ay tagaktak ang pawis?

Yung Cebu Coliseum mga rin is owned by UC's owner kaya school gym din siya ng UC

thadzonline
10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
There is one in the neighboring city located in mandaue own by the city govt it is airconditioned ..it is the same gym where the Landmaster played before in MVBA.MBA Cebu gems also played there before...

the Mandaue gym is ok, but it's quite far from Cebu City proper. The advantage of Cebu Coliseum is it's so near so many CeSAFI member schools, very accessible

sir_hodge
10-13-2008, 10:41 PM
There is one in the neighboring city located in mandaue own by the city govt it is airconditioned ..it is the same gym where the Landmaster played before in MVBA.MBA Cebu gems* also played there before...

that's good to hear... is it sometimes used for CESAFI games? Sana naman...

thadzonline
10-13-2008, 10:43 PM

that's good to hear... is it sometimes used for CESAFI games? Sana naman...

CeSAFI Partners Cup(not the regular season) once held a game at the Mandaue Coliseum

ankle breaker
10-21-2008, 12:25 AM
i think it's time for the Cebu Officials and Congressmen to fund a coliseum that can be used in all events not just basketball. It's useless to see CICC that costs that much and it's just standing there waiting to be rented for graduation events, seminars, parties and conventions.

bleachertalk
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM

Hi Thadz,

Sandi and I asked Commissioner Tiuknhoy if we could do the coverage but he told us that BTV would take care of the coverage & would send theri own people. We've coverd Cebu's CESAFI & Champions' League since it started and even way back to the CAAA days, but I guess it's still a case of Manila not trusting us locals. Oh well......

chinito_guy
10-23-2008, 05:43 PM
^ a bad case of politics in basketball in this country, it really sucks.

a_ron
10-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Sandy Geronimo Grumo and Rico "bleachertalk " Navarro is better than the new Commentators in BTV they are even better than those some people doing the PBA coverage.

bossman
10-23-2008, 11:22 PM

Nasa Cebu na nga si the Professor and hindi na sya taga ABS kasi nag cover na sya games ng Liga. Dapat sya na nga kinuha. And sino yun kinuha nila analyst? Mike who??

ryanniex
10-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Sandy Geronimo Grumo and Rico "bleachertalk " Navarro is better than the new Commentators* in BTV they are even better than those some people doing the PBA coverage.

nandito na rin naka base c randy sacdalan one of the best comentators d2 sa cebu....

thadzonline
11-27-2008, 01:35 AM
that BTV ad earlier today referring to USC as Jaguars sucks! akala ko ba those BTV guys did their research

D_I_A
11-27-2008, 08:58 PM
that BTV ad earlier today referring to USC as Jaguars sucks! akala ko ba those BTV guys did their research

trying hard and wannabes lang talaga sila (BTV) tsk!tsk!