PDA

View Full Version : The new PBA bad boy

a_ron
10-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Homer Se is now making a name as the new bad boy in the PBA,

a_ron
10-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Bad boy Se fined, sacked again; Santos also penalized; Arboleda ducks suspension
By Cedelf P. Tupas
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 04:20:00 10/08/2008

MANILA, Philippines—The Philippine Basketball Association Tuesday fined three Air21 players, including star forward Arwind Santos, a total of P46,000 on top of suspensions for varying unsportsmanlike offenses during the Express’ stunning season-opening loss to new-look Rain or Shine last Sunday.

And in the case of one of the players, a previous infraction forced him to dig deeper into his pockets.

Express center Homer Se was meted a P20,000 penalty and a one-game suspension for swinging an elbow on the face of Mark Andaya during the second quarter of the Elastopainters’ 120-102 rout of Air21 in a game which saw Santos and teammate Wynne Arboleda also get ejected.

Automatic suspension

Se, who has earned a reputation as a player who has no qualms of getting too physical, was called for a Flagrant Foul category 2 on the play, meriting him an automatic suspension under PBA rules.

The league also made sure Se would not forget a previous offense by ordering the 6-foot-5 power forward to pay an additional P12,000 fine for his Flagrant Foul 1 on Barangay Ginebra’s Alex Crisano during the Express’ 97-84 Game 7 loss in the Fiesta Cup Finals last August.

It marked the 11th time that Se was fined for his behavior on court, apart from a couple of two-game suspensions he was earlier slapped with.

The latest set of penalties increased Se’s career total fines to P127,000.

Santos, fresh off his finest season, was fined P20,000, for elbowing Elastopainters rookie guard Solomon Mercado late in the fourth quarter.

Penalty for two technicals

Arboleda dodged suspension but was also made to pay a P6,000 penalty for his two technical fouls, the second drawing the ire of Rain or Shine’s top rookie Gabe Norwood.

The stocky Arboleda made what looked like a clothesline tackle on Norwood that led to the Air21 guard’s second technical foul.

“It will be tough playing without our key players,” said Air 21 coach Bo Perasol, who will miss Se and Santos in the game against Talk N’ Text on Thursday at the new Ynares Sports Center in Pasig City.

“As always, we will find a way.”

zytrexx
10-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Se and Arboleda...pang-wrestling tandem yata ah....with their patented moves...Se's elbow and Arboleda's clothesline moves that almost destroyed Andaya and Norwood

pepman
10-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Homer Shet.

aircanda
10-08-2008, 08:40 PM
hindi na New PBA Bad Boy yan! matagal nang bad boy yan..

durden_tyler
10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Oo nga.. Matagal na ang kaniyang gulang, :D Which makes him very effective..

a_ron
10-08-2008, 10:29 PM
cge will just make them as the not so new bad boys in the PBA

digitalsuperman
10-09-2008, 05:50 AM
he's not a bad boy. he's an idiot. The new PBA idiot.

Joescoundrel
10-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Homer Se has nothing on the hardcourt bad boys of old. I doubt if he would even get within a mile of the likes of Charlie Badion, Rudy Distrito, Onchie Dela Cruz, Vic Sanchez, Ricky Relosa, Big Boy Reynoso and of course Sonny Jaworski.

sa_pula
10-09-2008, 12:59 PM
ang nakakainis sa kanya huli na nga sa akto nagmamaang maangan pa.. ???

k3v1nski
10-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Alex Crisano....

stonecold316
10-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Homer Se has nothing on the hardcourt bad boys of old. I doubt if he would even get within a mile of the likes of Charlie Badion, Rudy Distrito, Onchie Dela Cruz, Vic Sanchez, Ricky Relosa, Big Boy Reynoso and of course Sonny Jaworski.

Tama ka sir. I was fortunate enough to see them play in the PBA. Remember Distrito when he was almost banned by the PBA sometime in the 90s? I think nasa Swift pa siya noon nung may sinayod siyang player while on fastbreak. Grabe, kala ko mapapatay niya eh.

Si Bicolano Superman (Yoyoy Vllamin), bad bot din diba?

bossman
10-16-2008, 09:36 PM

Tama ka sir. I was fortunate enough to see them play in the PBA. Remember Distrito when he was almost banned by the PBA sometime in the 90s? I think nasa Swift pa siya noon nung may sinayod siyang player while on fastbreak. Grabe, kala ko mapapatay niya eh.

Si Bicolano Superman (Yoyoy Vllamin), bad bot din diba?

The baddest talaga si "the Destroyer"! Grabe yun sinahod nya si Jeff Cariaso nun. Pang larong labas talaga.

a_ron
11-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Homer Se has improved , Most improve player na si Homer..

chinito_guy
11-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Sa ngaun Homer Se, Hands-down, Tinadyakan nya dalawang beses ung kalaban ni lang Singapore SLinger nung maglaro ang Air21 sa SG. Trash talker din kac ung slinger kaya napikon si Homer. As a result ejected sa game ang loko, ang mga kababayan natin cheering him "HOMER!" "HOMER!"

Another rising badboy, pede n kaya si J - Wash sa category na ito? Trash talker, physical defender, he even gets to the skin of Alvin Patrimonio ;D

Jeep
12-28-2008, 10:05 PM
how about king james yap? if ed piczon and coach norman (the game commentators tonight) are to be believed -- and i see no reason why i shouldn't -- the otherwise sweet-shooting yap shot his mouth off instead at assistant coach koy banal, even throwing something at him. this wasn't caught on camera, or at least i didn't catch it if they did. with that kind of bad vibe going around, it's no wonder purefoods lost -- and lost big.

he may be a star, but in my book anyone who talks smack with his own coach should have the book thrown at him somehow.

tigerman
12-28-2008, 10:17 PM
^ I saw the game on tv and according to the report, Koy Banal lashed out at James Yap for a wrong defensive sequence. The latter, frustrated and all with the beating from Air 21, threw something at the former. Koy was about to go after James after the incident but cooler heads separated the two.

Assuming arguendo that the report is true, I believe that Yap is doing this nasty stuff primarily bec. he thinks highly of himself and that he is the face of the franchise. That the reason why they're the 2nd most popular team is due to him. And lastly, because he has Kris right by his side.* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

joelex
12-28-2008, 10:53 PM
To be fair to James Yap, Koy Banal hasnt made a lot of friends in the basketball world. I can name 1,2 ...make that 12...let me check oh its just too many to mention. I may not know him personally but i know a lot of his former players and most of them didnt have anything good to say about Koy.

a_ron
12-29-2008, 08:36 AM
James is Bad girl..but i think he is overwhelm of his status today.got a classmate who is a kababata with James Yap in Negros and she said James has change a lot..

Emon74
06-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Another rising badboy, pede n kaya si J - Wash sa category na ito? Trash talker, physical defender, he even gets to the skin of Alvin Patrimonio ;D

if this is true, then J-Wash should be reminded who the Captain is in the PBA.

fujitsu
06-13-2009, 03:34 PM
To be fair to James Yap, Koy Banal hasnt made a lot of friends in the basketball world. I can name 1,2 ...make that 12...let me check oh its just too many to mention. I may not know him personally but i know a lot of his former players and most of them didnt have anything good to say about Koy.

talaga???? i have a high regard for koy banal pa naman. everytime he's interviewed, its full of wisdom and heavenly advice.

irateluvmachine
06-15-2009, 02:57 PM

..or even Jay Mendoza for that matter... :D

fujitsu
07-04-2009, 10:58 PM
gustong masali sa listahan si Danny Ildefonso. ;D ayaw ni Kume nyan.

tigerman
07-05-2009, 03:42 PM
some pics from the postgame altercation between Ildefonso and Pingris vs. the businessman Brgy. Ginebra fan from Patricia Hizon's blogspot

http://photosbypatriciahizon.shutterfly.com/

If not for the interference of the bouncers and others, this could have been our own version of the Detroit brawl a few years ago.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

clutchjedi
07-05-2009, 08:02 PM
^ also includes pics of tubid being stupid (elbowing racela then trying to apologize) :)

http://thesportscaster.blogspot.com/
http://thesportscaster.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-07-04&max-results=100

fujitsu
07-05-2009, 08:15 PM
ang pikon talo....

as in this case..... talo si danny ildefonso...

mas talo si pingris.....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tigerman
07-05-2009, 10:18 PM
According to some reports, the fan allegedly shouted something to Danny I. in regard to his daugther's health condition.

I know they are professionals but if such rumor is true, we can't totally put the blame on Ildefonso. Tao din ang mga yan at hindi robot.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

fujitsu
07-06-2009, 05:33 AM
i agree. wag naman isali yung pamilya ng players sa kantiyawan. sabi ko nga before, instead of heckling the players,
why don't we encourage them.

tayo sabay sigaw, Danny takbo..... balik na sa kabilang ring,......
naunahan ka na ni Jaworski.....

tingnan mo tuloy, dunk by Jaworski..,

imbes na bumalik sa kabilang court, kung saan-saan ka pa pumupunta.....

baludoy
07-06-2009, 05:16 PM
mark yee is presenting himself for nomination for this distinction :D

bluebruiser90
07-10-2009, 07:31 AM

..or even Jay Mendoza for that matter... :D

Jay Mendoza probably has the distinction of one of the few players who has a knack of getting into at least one ugly brawl in every level of basketball (NCAA, PBL, PBA...) that he has played.

Taga Ateneo de Zamboanga yan. Isali kaya natin sa ABL. Tingnan natin kung kumasa yan mga maangas na siga sigaang mga Atenista sa ABL. Kahit import, nakipaghabulan ng suntukan yang si Jay. May paglalagyan sila dyan.

cobaltinee
10-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Homer Se is a bad boy? I do not think so. He is sometimes bad. I think Rudy Distrito is bad old PBA days. Just watch PBA. :)

Jeep
10-18-2009, 05:45 PM
winnie arboleda? ;)

mighty_lion
10-18-2009, 07:10 PM
winnie arboleda? ;)

+1

jembengzon
10-19-2009, 06:32 PM
PBA suspends Arboleda for rest of the season
10/19/2009 | 04:31 PM
| | More

The Philippine Basketball Association on Monday handed down its severest penalty to date, suspending veteran Burger King guard Wynne Arboleda without pay for the rest of the 2009-10 Season.

Arboleda
Arboleda went after a heckler at courtside during the Whopper’s game against Smart-Gilas at the Araneta Coliseum last Friday, landing a kick and some punches before being restrained by cooler heads.

The suspension means P2.73 million in lost income for Arboleda, not counting won game, advancement and player award bonuses. For committing two flagrant fouls penalty 1 in the game, the nine-year PBA veteran also drew a P20,000 fine and a one-game suspension, which would be served on Wednesday in their game against the San Miguel Beermen.

In his decision letter sent to Arboleda, PBA commissioner Renauld "Sonny" Barrios said, “As we pointed out to you, even granting that said fan was foul-mouthed and verbally abusive as confirmed by reports to us, there is a ‘line’ that a PBA player cannot and should not cross: to physically harm a fan."

Coming just a few months after two separate incidents involving players and fans, commissioner Barrios told Arboleda that “your serious breach of this ‘line’ at this time and in the manner described herein endangers the PBA as being perceived by the public as unwholesome and not deserving of fan support."

Even granting that said fan was foul-mouthed and verbally abusive as confirmed by reports to us, there is a ‘line’ that a PBA player cannot and should not cross: to physically harm a fan.
– Sonny Barrios, PBA commissioner
The PBA Commissioner ended his letter by saying a repeat of the same or similar act will result in a lifetime ban from the league.

Barrios, who met with Arboleda Monday morning at the PBA Commissioner’s Office in Libis, added that the PBA must send a strong signal that such an unwanted act has no place in the league and will never be taken lightly, stressing that the fans’ interest is always the league’s primordial concern as established by PBA forefathers over the years.

While serving his suspension, Arboleda cannot be present at the playing venues during Burger King’s games.

As a contracted PBA player even while suspended, Arboleda likewise may not play in any other league. - GMANews.TV
| | More

Emon74
10-19-2009, 09:12 PM

Ganun rin kay Wynne Arboleda, I doubt if he could come near to the baddest dude of them all, Rudy Distrito.

kuzma1313
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
That is a good decision by KUME. Marumi kasi maglaro yang arboleda na yan... Para madala na rin.
PIKON kasi!

Jeep
10-20-2009, 03:52 PM
to be fair, it was only in this game that i saw arboleda let it all hang out and let himself loose. ika nga ni KC, gusto niya sanang marinig ang panig din ni mareng wynnie dahil parang out-of-character daw ang ginawa niya kay alain katigbak. ricky olivares's blog has a statement from arboleda apologizing about the whole incident. malamang nahimasmasan na siya nang makita niya ang gravity ng situation na kinalalagyan niya ngayon, hence the apology.

but what's done is done. if arboleda is "man enough" to punch and kick a fan who didn't put up a fight, then he should be man enough to accept the consequences of his actions. in that sense, i agree with kuzma1313: kume's decision is the best, if only to send out the message to all that this type of behavior will not be tolerated.

guiao is a puzzlement, though. he hasn't even shown regret over the whole brouhaha. my imaginative side tells me this: the whoppers were given marching orders to make smart-gilas, specifically japeth aguilar, pay for the perceived humiliation they suffered -- first when aguilar refused to sign with them and then when smart-gilas made a spectacular showing in its first PBA game at the expense of guiao's powerade pilipinas team.

because how else does one account for four (4) flagrants in one half alone?

MrGotti
10-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Arbullyda deserves more than what wsa given to him. He should have been banned for life just like what happened to Distrito. Kaya lang son-in-law siya ni Bert Lina that's why he could get away from the lifetime ban.

As for Lito Alvarez, what a hypocrite. He would have banned Japeth from ever playing in the PBA for not signing their contract but thinks that the season ban on Arboleda was too harsh but he has to abide by what the Comish decided. T@ng in niy@!

Sam Miguel
10-21-2009, 12:03 AM
I am so torn on this one. On one hand, no player should ever, ever lay a finger on a fan, no matter what the fan might say or yell or heckle or jeer. That is part and parcel of the game. As a guy who grew up playing as a dayo in many a barangay league, hometown fans would even go so far as to wield guns, knives, clubs and other weapons right at the baselines and sidelines. Surely a player of Wynne Arboleda's age and experience would know whereof I speak. If he could take the paninindak and outright threats to life and limb in barangay leagues growing up, surely he could take the shit conyo "verbal abuse" of some bespectacled geeky-looking fellow. Seriously, what the hell was Arboleda thinking?

On the other hand, no fan, no matter how much he paid for his ticket, should ever, ever have the right to curse or swear at players, especially if that fan fancies himself to be supposedly a well-mannered, well-bred, brought-up-properly de buena familia type. For godsakes, let us just suppose this was not in a PBA game in front of a live TV audience running maybe to a million or so, quite apart from the few thousand fans in attendance. Let us suppose this Alain Katigbak fellow really hated Wynne Arboleda, and saw him say in the mall, and then went up to him and started cursing and swearing at him. What do you think Arboleda would do? What would any of us supposedly full-blooded men do? Would we not ourselves beat as much of the living bejeezus out of this Katigbak fellow as we could? Why is it wrong for Arboleda to have acted the way he did just because it was done in the Big Dome during a live PBA game?

And in the end what does the good Mr Sonny Barrios do? He quite specifically tells Arboleda that the biggest mistake was not actually in getting riled enough to finally take it to Katigbak. It was not that he lost his temper and let another guy have it. It was not that he became angry and went after a guy. No sir.

Arboleda's biggest mistake is that he did not have the PBA's bottomline at heart and in mind. Arboleda is now going to cost the PBA - already a boring sports organization as it is, with plummeting gate receipts and no longer enjoying the fan adulation of even 10 years ago - even more money.

Through all of this, I wonder what Yeng Guiao has to say about it all. As a veteran politician from a powerful political dynasty, I am sure Guiao is used to exacting some trapo style beat-downs on enemies. After all the shit he's had to eat from Smart Gilas, even the densest and most brain dead surely would easily connect Arboleda's behaviour in that game with marching orders from a man used to unleashing minions and dogs to do his bidding. What is Wynne Arboleda if not a loyal minion and mutt? What are we in power for indeed, eh Mr Vice Governor?

So who was right and who was wrong? There is blame aplenty on all quarters. In this instance however, it is the PBA that must be taken to task. What the hell kind of detail are you running here?

crazybedan
10-21-2009, 01:25 PM
pwede mg tanung off topic lang...when pinapalabas ung games ng smart gilas sa cs9? kasi lagi silang 2:30pm pg tingin ko naman wala pa start ng pba ksi5pm eh..delayed telecast ba lage sila?what time?

elvis
10-21-2009, 02:24 PM
^yung game against bk delayed telecast sa cs9 ng 11pm same day, sa balls naman 5:30pm the following day
palagay ko ganun din sa iba nilang games

elvis
10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Was going to post this in the Latest PBA Online News thread but since this isn't news (but an op-ed column) and it revolves around the Arboleda incident so I guess pwede dito.
----------------------------------------------

That Arboleda Incident
The Manila Standard Today
Lowdown by Jojo Robles
October 21, 2009

The name of basketball legend and former Senator Robert Jaworski came up in conversation recently, in the aftermath of the Wynne Arboleda mauling case last weekend during a Philippine Basketball Association game at the Araneta Coliseum. Someone correctly pointed out that Jaworski, whom Filipinos of a certain age remember for his thuggish tactics against opponents on the hard court, never once raised a hand (or an elbow or a knee, for that matter) against a fan regardless of how much the “Big J” was heckled.

And those guys were heckled—and a lot worse, besides. An old-time player, the late former De La Salle team captain Juanito “Jun” Pecana loved to relate how he and his fellow Archers used to dread the mundane task of inbounding the ball during their heated games against Ateneo back in the days when there was no air-conditioning in the arenas and fans were still permitted to smoke.

“No one wanted to inbound,” Tito Jun would say, with a laugh, during a round of golf, “because some crazy Ateneo fan would always attempt to burn us in the back with a lighted cigarette.”

That’s why it’s difficult to sympathize with Arboleda, whose Ron Artest moment resulted in the unheard-of penalty hereabouts of sitting out the rest of the just-started pro basketball season, without pay. The PBA knows that it can’t risk alienating what fans it has left in the post-Jaworski era by taking the side of Burger King team owner Bert Lina’s son-in-law, who rained blows on the heckler even if the man never once tried to hit back.

(Those who think that Arboleda was stupid to go after a fan forget that he had the good sense to marry into money. No way is this guy going hungry even if he loses his paycheck, unlike most of our pro ball players.)

As a basketball fan myself, I’d like to see if the league has the cojones to look deeper into the controversy and to go after the people in the BK organization who may have aided and abetted Arboleda’s rage against the fan. Or if the PBA can man up to own failures, both last Friday and in the recent past, that seem to have led inexorably to BK’s self-appointed chief on-court enforcer’s uncalled-for rage against a fan.

What really scares me is that, by ordering Arboleda to sit out the season, the league may now delude itself into thinking that it has solved what is really a more deep-seated problem. In the end, if nothing further is done after one pro basketball player turned a fan into a punching bag (admittedly, with a lot less skill than most Filipino professional boxers), the league may have irreparably damaged itself.

How about investigating Arboleda’s coach, Yeng Guiao, who is known to shout out on-court instructions to his players to hit their opponents and not to worry about the fines because Guiao himself will pay them? Many people seem to admire Guiao, but others who have observed his take-no-prisoners attitude on court wonder if the coach may have fanned the flames too hard in his effort to fire his team up against a young developmental team that was showing up his veteran squad in the early goings of last Friday’s game.

After all, four flagrant fouls were called by the referees against Guiao’s charges during that Friday game against the Smart-Gilas development team, and only two of those were on Arboleda. It’s entirely possible that Guiao, in his usual Marine drill-sergeant’s style, could have ordered his players to show the young Smart players who’s the boss instead of being taken to school in their own league.

At the very least, Guiao could have kept players on the verge of going over the edge emotionally on the bench until they cooled down, as any other coach would have done under the same heated circumstances. Instead, Guiao allowed his players to continue giving extra-hard fouls like the one Arboleda committed on a driving Mac Baracael, the one which got him his second flagrant and which immediately preceded the mauling of Alain Katigbak, the foul-mouthed sideline heckler.

Let’s not even get into the bad blood between the BK honchos and the Gilas owners over the refusal of top rookie draftee Japeth Aguilar to join the Whopper and to suit up for the developmental team (with its foreign coach that Guiao must desperately have wanted to beat in a pissing contest). But it doesn’t seem likely that the league—which relies on the team owners for its salaries and which adores Guiao no end—will ever go that far.

What the PBA can do is to admit that its own security measures (and those of the Araneta Coliseum management) broke down horribly last Friday and to work to remedy that situation right away. After all, Commissioner Sonny Barrios already admitted as much in his statement declaring the season-long banishment of Arboleda, though he was careful not to say so outright.

When Barrios said the league staff had “confirmed” that Katigbak had been cursing Arboleda prior to the mauling, it invited criticism about its own failure to prevent the incident. If Katigbak was already out of line in his heckling, why didn’t anyone tell him to tone it down or even leave the arena?

Katigbak, after all, was practically sitting on the sidelines beside the Smart team’s bench and the PBA’s own statisticians and on-court announcer. And that area is also incessantly patrolled by the beefy, yellow-shirted Araneta bouncers who are very quick to approach and browbeat a fan who pulls out an unauthorized camera or some food that wasn’t bought in the expensive snack bars that have exclusive concessions in the arena.

Video taken of the mauling didn’t show any of the PBA’s staff or security people even coming close to the impromptu, one-sided boxing bout to break it up. What viewers saw was just one referee (who didn’t sign up to be the next Carlos Padilla) try to restrain Arboleda and another stupid BK player named Mark Yee who came all the way from his bench to menacingly glare at Katigbak before the wild puncher was finally pulled away.

Then there were the recent incidents involving fans being attacked by players, who were basically given slaps on the wrist—love taps, really, compared to the ones administered by Guiao’s crew on the Smart players last Friday. Had the PBA come down hard on San Miguel’s Danny Ildefonso and Marc Pingris when they ganged up on a Ginebra fan and Sta. Lucia’s Marlou Aquino after his pulled a similar off-court stunt only last season, the league would have sent the message that going after the fans is a no-no.

As it happened, Ildefonso and Pingris were suspended for two games, while Aquino was not even punished for basically the same misconduct that got Arboleda banned from the league—and from any other league—for a year. We’ll never know if Arboleda, gone out of control by being shown up (“mina-mama,” as they say in the local game) by a bunch of youngsters would have thought twice before attacking Katigbak if he had thought about the consequences for him.

Maybe Arboleda thought he’d merely get what Ildefonso and Pingris got; or maybe he believed his coach would take the rap for him, as he often says. Of course, Arboleda was wrong on both counts—but it’s likely that he would never have tried to do what he did had the league laid down the law on its erring players (or at least advised its fans not to go overboard) in those past incidents.

There’s a quote attributed to either Heywood Broun or John Wooden which says that sports doesn’t build character, it reveals it. The sorry Arboleda incident may not only have exposed the character of the individuals involved—from the fans, the players, the team owners and managers—but also of the league they play in itself.

One thing is certain: since sports began, fans will be fans, and the more passionate they get, the better the chances of the sport’s very survival. The PBA may very well survive what happened last week, but it certainly can’t go on much longer if it fails to prevent harming the very people whom it is supposed to entertain.

chocoks77
10-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Wynne Arboleda is the new bad boy, Yeng Guiao is worse than Wynne. Kapag nagpapakalbo, nababawasan ng utak at ng modo.

lefthandside
10-22-2009, 10:46 AM
http://sports.inquirer.net/sport/basketball/view/20091022-231575/Who-gave-the-green-light

Jeep
10-22-2009, 09:42 PM
seems everyone is looking at coach guiao as the ultimate bearer of responsibility for his players' actions. but what are the chances that mareng wynne will do a joe valachi and spill the beans on guiao's cosa nostra? arboleda already stands to lose a cool couple million -- and then some -- that should've been in the bag already, and that's just for starters. what more can he afford to forego? if katigbak's case prospers -- and there are legal minds who say his case is tight -- then mareng wynne can lose a lot more.

at the very least, he can regain his dignity if he does render his swan song (if there is a song to be sung in the first place ;) ). but what could stop him from doing so?

MrGotti
10-23-2009, 08:37 PM
The GAB is looking into this incedent. They might revoke Arbullyda's license just like what happened to Distrito.

Joescoundrel
10-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Mark Yee, Wynne Arboleda's teammate should also, and more severely so, be punished. Not only did he get in the fan's face, but he came off the bench to do so. As I recall, in such altercations players are supposed to stay on the bench. Yee left his bench to confront a fan. He has been given a break as a late-20's rookie free agent, and this is how he responds. Perhaps it is time to suspend Yee for this whole season without pay as well.

sanlo
10-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Mark Yee, Wynne Arboleda's teammate should also, and more severely so, be punished. Not only did he get in the fan's face, but he came off the bench to do so. As I recall, in such altercations players are supposed to stay on the bench. Yee left his bench to confront a fan. He has been given a break as a late-20's rookie free agent, and this is how he responds. Perhaps it is time to suspend Yee for this whole season without pay as well.

Did Yee hit the fan? Maybe sh_t did! If not, one game suspension for leaving the bench.

McCoy
10-24-2009, 12:00 PM
pwede mg tanung off topic lang...when pinapalabas ung games ng smart gilas sa cs9? kasi lagi silang 2:30pm pg tingin ko naman wala pa start ng pba ksi5pm eh..delayed telecast ba lage sila?what time?

kaibigan wag mo na panoorin nakakatamad lang ang nilalaro ng Smart Gilas puro play safe na lang sila after ma-physical ng mga player ng Burger King, natakot na si Toroman at Eala ma-injured player nya. after non wala ng kalatoy-latoy laro nila kita mo isang buwan ang tinambak ng Talk n Text at Ginebra sa kanila. magugulat na lang mga yan sa istilo ng paglalaro ng mga middle east team kapag nakalaban nila sa Fiba Asia.
si Jayvee Casio at mga FEU boys lang lumalaban yun iba takot ng masaktan. Chris Tiu ayaw madungisan ang mukha mas gusto pang mag-artista.

kerouac82
10-26-2009, 10:17 AM

kaibigan wag mo na panoorin nakakatamad lang ang nilalaro ng Smart Gilas puro play safe na lang sila after ma-physical ng mga player ng Burger King, natakot na si Toroman at Eala ma-injured player nya. after non wala ng kalatoy-latoy laro nila kita mo isang buwan ang tinambak ng Talk n Text at Ginebra sa kanila. magugulat na lang mga yan sa istilo ng paglalaro ng mga middle east team kapag nakalaban nila sa Fiba Asia.
si Jayvee Casio at mga FEU boys lang lumalaban yun iba takot ng masaktan. Chris Tiu ayaw madungisan ang mukha mas gusto pang mag-artista.

Ayos ah. Parang hindi MOD kung umasta.

Alam naming may personal bias ka laban kay Eala. Maaaring kup@l nga siya minsan, pero utang na loob, magresearch ka muna bago ka tumirada. Nakasulat sa diyaryo, may injury si Tiu. Saan mo naman nasagap 'yang "gusto niya mag-artista" na 'yan? Sa source mo na nagsabing 13 million ang inaalok ng Gilas kay Japeth? ;D

dioning
10-26-2009, 12:32 PM
kung puede pa, i-revamp nalang ang Gilas. idagdag yung mga gurang na rookies ng Baste. lalo na yung si Abueva na parang yokababs maglaro.