PDA

View Full Version : PBL DRAFT 2008-2009

trigun_08
09-01-2008, 02:37 PM
The PBA rookie draft juz had finished yesterday, Lots of good players in the pbl are now going pro...
players who had been drafted are

1st round

1. Gabe Norwood (Rain or Shine)
2. Jared Dillinger (TNT)
3. Jason Castro (TNT - Rights given by MBM)
4. Rob Reyes (TNT)
5. Solomon Mercado (Alaska)
6. Mark Borboran (Air21)
7. Beau Belga (Purefoods)
8. Bonbon Custudio (Magnolia)
9. Larry Rodriguez (Red Bull)
10. Kelvin Gregorio (Sta. Lucia)

2nd Round

11. Pong Escobal (TNT)
12. Ty Tang (Rain or Shine)
13. Cholo Villanueva (Air21)
14. Chito Jaime (Sta. Lucia)
15. Kelvin dela Pena(Alaska)
16. Jonathan Fernandez (Purefoods)
17. Jeff Chan (Red Bull)
18. Mark Cuevas (Red Bull)
19. -- passed**(Red Bull)
20. Christian Cabatu(Sta. Lucia)

Most of them played in PBL last year, now guyz who do you think will replace them in the pbl??

player i know that will join pbl this season.

*Remington Chun - The 6-4, 220-pound Chun played for Notre Dame De Namur University in Belmont, California, the same school that produced PBA star Nic Belasco. He was born and raised in Oahu, Hawaii. His father Vance Leland, a parking lot manager, is Chinese and his mother Melissa, a housekeeper/nanny, is Filipina.

*Jason Jackson - Jackson is a 6-2, 190-pound guard from Western New Mexico University. He was born in Clark Air Base in Angeles City to Marc Kevin Jackson of Washington D. C. and Biolita Adizas of Manila. Jackson was four years old when his family relocated to Japan before settling in the US.

As a Western New Mexico senior in 2006-07, Jackson averaged nine points under coach Mark Coleman.

*Chris Tiu - Tiu 5'11 shooting guard of ATENEO
*Rabbah - 6'7 Center from ATENEO
*Sena - 6'5 Canter From JRU

yellow_we
09-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Forgive my ignorance, medjo hindi na talaga ako nakakasunod sa mga happenings sa PBA e.. how come Ginebra didn't draft any? :o

trigun_08
09-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Forgive my ignorance, medjo hindi na talaga ako nakakasunod sa mga happenings sa PBA e.. how come Ginebra didn't draft any?* :o

ang pag kakaalam k bro e binigay ng ginebra ung draft nila sa redbull dahil sa trade nila before nung nkuha nila c junthy valenzuela.

The_Big_Cat
09-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Ricardo Cawaling, Mark Baroca, Jenz Knuttel, Reil Cervantes & Aldrech Ramos, FEU.
Eric Salamat and Nonoy Baclao, ADMU.
James Mangahas and PJ Barua, DLSU
Khasim Mirza, UST
Mike Galinato, ADAMSON
John Carl Melegrito, LETRAN
Allan Mangahas and Jonathan Banal, MAPUA

The_Big_Cat
09-01-2008, 04:47 PM

James Ryan Sena suited up in the past two PBL conferences for Toyota Balintawak.

Howard the Duck
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM
The draft picks per league:
UAAP =7
NCAA = 5
Other local = 2
U.S. = 5

trigun_08
09-01-2008, 08:55 PM

James Ryan Sena suited up in the past two PBL conferences for Toyota Balintawak.

oh tnx for the correction, sorry for d wrong info tnx again bro

tamarawz_14
09-01-2008, 10:14 PM
may partnership na ang harbour and FEU. most likely sa Harbour ung core ng tams

Joescoundrel
09-03-2008, 07:59 AM
^ Didn't Boyet Melegrito of Letran already play for Toyota Otis-Letran even before?

Is the rule for the PBL still the same as before, i.e. at least 19 years of age and/or with four full semesters of college experience before being allowed to play in the league?

The_Big_Cat
09-03-2008, 09:58 AM
^ Didn't Boyet Melegrito of Letran already play for Toyota Otis-Letran even before?

Is the rule for the PBL still the same as before, i.e. at least 19 years of age and/or with four full semesters of college experience before being allowed to play in the league?

It was Boyet Bautista who played for Toyota-Otis-Letran.

trigun_08
09-03-2008, 01:16 PM

It was Boyet Bautista who played for Toyota-Otis-Letran.

yah its boyet bautista magkamukha kc cla ni melegrito hehehe parang pinagbiyak n bunga

bchoter
09-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Imagine what a PBL experience can do to Rabeh. I'm sure he will have significant minutes

bossman
09-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Ricardo Cawaling, Mark Baroca, Jenz Knuttel, Reil Cervantes & Aldrech Ramos, FEU.
Eric Salamat and Nonoy Baclao, ADMU.
James Mangahas and PJ Barua, DLSU
Khasim Mirza, UST
Mike Galinato, ADAMSON
John Carl Melegrito, LETRAN
Allan Mangahas and Jonathan Banal, MAPUA

Eric Salamat and his high school team mate Paul Lee would gain a lot of experience in PBL. They are very good one on one players with a big defensive heart. I'm looking to see them having a good PBL conference.

BigBlue
09-03-2008, 06:39 PM
unless Norman Black suddenly changes his mind, we wont be seeing any current blue eagles in the PBL.

Get_Blazed
09-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Blazers Angelo Montecastro and Jeff Morial, anyone?

The_Big_Cat
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Dave Marcelo and Jake Pascual of San Beda, kung papayagan.

bossman
09-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Blazers Angelo Montecastro and Jeff Morial, anyone?

Morial already suited up for Welcoat before.

Get_Blazed
09-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Dave Marcelo and Jake Pascual of San Beda, kung papayagan.

Diba bawal magPBL ang mga current players ng SBC? Same case with Ateneo?

Get_Blazed
09-03-2008, 09:22 PM

Oo nga pala, he was member of the 2005 PBL Champion team, Welcoat Paintmasters-Saint Benilde.

Edi all he can do is to try out nalang with the teams? Tama?

bossman
09-03-2008, 09:49 PM

Oo nga pala, he was member of the 2005 PBL Champion team, Welcoat Paintmasters-Saint Benilde.

I dunno kung champion sila nun. I am not a big fan of Welcoat kahit may mga Blazers kasi bangko naman sila dun. He can definitely try out and I know may kukuha with the caliber of Jeff Morial

Get_Blazed
09-03-2008, 10:01 PM

I dunno kung champion sila nun. I am not a big fan of Welcoat kahit may mga Blazers kasi bangko naman sila dun. He can definitely try out and I know may kukuha with the caliber of Jeff Morial

OT: Oo champions sila nun. I remember sila Pingris at Jojo Tangkay pa nga ata stars nun eh.

Back to topic, problema lang kay Morial is consistency talaga. Hope he makes it to the PBL again.

bossman
09-06-2008, 12:17 AM

I dunno kung champion sila nun. I am not a big fan of Welcoat kahit may mga Blazers kasi bangko naman sila dun. He can definitely try out and I know may kukuha with the caliber of Jeff Morial kung si Robles nga may kumuha sya pa?

Get_Blazed
09-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I dunno kung champion sila nun. I am not a big fan of Welcoat kahit may mga Blazers kasi bangko naman sila dun. He can definitely try out and I know may kukuha with the caliber of Jeff Morial kung si Robles nga may kumuha sya pa?

Pero many cites his inconsistency as a hindrance e.

Anyway, back to topic, kelan ba ang camp nito?

bossman
09-07-2008, 11:23 PM

Pero many cites his inconsistency as a hindrance e.

Anyway, back to topic, kelan ba ang camp nito?

Mga October pa malamang yun. November balik ng PBL

-insane-
09-08-2008, 07:06 PM
si koljak melegrito papasok na daw sa draft

amdgc82
09-13-2008, 05:57 AM
Rising players join PBL rookie camp on Sept. 27
09/13/2008
www.tribuneonline.org

Aspiring rookies get the chance to show their stuff when the Philippine Basketball League (PBL) holds its Rookie Camp on Sept. 27 at the new Jose Rizal University gym in Mandaluyong.

Expected to join this year's Rookie Camp are several rising stars from the UAAP and NCAA and a slew of Fil-foreign players who have already expressed interest to join the Rookie Draft.

Top players from the South and other parts of the country have also been invited to join the rookie camp to be supervised by former PBA coach Joey Guanio. The Camp is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 12 noon.

The annual drafting is set on Sept. 30. Deadline for submission of application form is on Sept. 26. The PBL office is located at Unit 2302-A West Tower of Phil. Stock Exchange Centre, Ortihas Center, Pasig City.

Ateneo stars Chris Tiu, Eric Salamat and Nonoy Baclao, University of the East's Paul Lee, Far Eastern University's Mark Barroca and JR Cawaling, Mapua's Jonathan Banal and Allan Mangahas and Letran's John Melegrito are some of the players expected to share the limelight with the veterans in the season-opening tournament slated next month.

With the exit of several marquee players, led by Hapee Toothpaste's Gabe Norwood and Harbour Centre's Jason Castro and Sol Mercado, the league is hoping to produce a new batch of heroes ready to provide total entertainment to the season-opening tournament.

Only players not more that 25 years old are allowed to join the Rookie Camp.

Interested parties can visit philippinebasketballleague.org for more information.

Joescoundrel
09-15-2008, 10:19 AM
What's the rule when it comes to school partnerships?

I ask because isn't Harbour Centre now officially partnered up with FEU, i.e. the core of the Tamaraws varsity will carry the colors of the Batang Pier right? Will they still have to draft these FEU players or is this a done deal?

Moving on, I'd love to see NAASCU players Richmond Sibal (St Clare), Mike Cabangon and Daryl Mendoza (STI) and Noy Lucernas (San Sebastian Cavite) make a PBL lineup. Sibal is a power-leaper who should provide a lot of energy and excitement. Cabangon is a classic rugged swingman in the mold of Ronnie Cahanding. Mendoza is a serviceable 5/4 type off the bench with good timing on the blocks and pounds the boards with gusto. Mega-athlete Lucernas should follow in the footsteps of other Bay Cat swingmen like Glenn Bolocon and Mac Cenito.

kuneho
09-23-2008, 03:09 PM
What's the rule when it comes to school partnerships?

I ask because isn't Harbour Centre now officially partnered up with FEU, i.e. the core of the Tamaraws varsity will carry the colors of the Batang Pier right? Will they still have to draft these FEU players or is this a done deal?

Moving on, I'd love to see NAASCU players Richmond Sibal (St Clare), Mike Cabangon and Daryl Mendoza (STI) and Noy Lucernas (San Sebastian Cavite) make a PBL lineup. Sibal is a power-leaper who should provide a lot of energy and excitement. Cabangon is a classic rugged swingman in the mold of Ronnie Cahanding. Mendoza is a serviceable 5/4 type off the bench with good timing on the blocks and pounds the boards with gusto. Mega-athlete Lucernas should follow in the footsteps of other Bay Cat swingmen like Glenn Bolocon and Mac Cenito.

I agree all those players have legitimate chance to play in the PBL. Sibal is a tough player with alot of heart. Cabagnon is fearless going to the basket. And Mendoza can make the big play when time need be.

BBALLFAN1
09-23-2008, 11:39 PM
anyone know the list of players entering this year's draft? and what is the order of the draft picks? who has first pick, second pick etc?

what is the maximum contract that can be offered to a rookie PBL player?

Risingstarsusaaau
09-27-2008, 02:01 AM
Forgive my ignorance, medjo hindi na talaga ako nakakasunod sa mga happenings sa PBA e.. how come Ginebra didn't draft any?* :o
When talking about the PBA or PBL draft you have to take into consideration the 5'11" guard Joseph Deas from Rockhurst University in Kansas City Missouri.* His dad was prior US Air Force and mom from Cebu in the Philippines.* His senior year saw him finish his career with 16ppg, 4 assists, and 2 steals while being name to the Great Lakes Valley all-conference team. He finished his career at Rockhurst with over 1225 career points.* This kid can flat out play.* You can see a video highlight of him at www.youtube.com, search joey deas take a look for yourself.*

Risingstarsusaaau
09-27-2008, 02:15 AM
Joseph Joey Deas 5'11" point guard from Kansas City Missouri should definitely be considered by PBA and PBL teams. He is the son of an ex US Airforce serviceman and his mother is from Cebu, Philippines. Joseph Deas was a high school basketball star in kansas city Missouri. He graduated from Oak Park high school with a host of awards such as 2 time all-state, 3 time all metro, 2 time all district, 4 time all conference and ended his career as the schools all time leading scorer. He played is collegiate basketball at Rockhurst University were he lead his team to the Div II basketball tournament and led his team and conference in numerous offensive categories. He ended his collegiate career with 16ppg, 4 assists, and 2 steals also making the Great Lakes Valley Conference all conference team. You can see a highlight video of Joseph Deas at www. youtube.com. Search Joey Deas. Hope you enjoy the video!

BLUE HORSE
09-27-2008, 03:23 AM
Dr. Cecilio Pedro has inked a deal with ADMU to use current blue eagle players as the core of his Hapee Toothpaste team in the PBL.* Prominent names mentioned as playing for the Lamoiyan Corp. team are Rabeh Al-Hussaini, Nonoy Baclao, Eric Salamat, Jai Reyes and Chris Tiu.* The blue eagle players will join Hapee holdover Jervy Cruz to challenge current PBL kingpin Harbor Master who have a working relationship with FEU.

This is not the first time that Hapee Toothpaste has tapped ADMU players for their roster.* Happee won a couple of PBL championships under Junel Baculi with such players as Rich Alvarez, LA Tenorio, Macky Escalona and Doug Kramer.* The Happee-ADMU partnership is for 2 years similar to that of FEU and Harbor Master.* Not surprising that Cecilio Pedro chose ADMU because he is a big time supporter of the school.

Now for the ironic twist to the renewed relationship.* Guess who will be coaching the team?* Louie Alas is out as coach and he was replace by Gee Abanilla of CSB.* Abanilla was a former lieutenant of Franz Pumaren at DLSU.

amdgc82
09-27-2008, 06:47 AM
PBL Rookie Camp draws banner field
09/27/2008
www.tribuneonline.org

Close to 200 aspirants from the country's various collegiate leagues, including four from UAAP runner-up La Salle and two each from Ateneo and San Beda College, will show their wares as the Philippine Basketball League (PBL) holds its Rookie Camp today at the Jose Rizal University gym in Mandaluyong City.

In what could be the biggest gathering of top collegiate players, the Rookie Camp will give the aspiring rookies the opportunity to display their skills in the hope of impressing the coaches of seven teams taking part in the season-opening tournament slated next month.

Former PBA assistant coach Joey Guanio and Jigs Mendoza will supervise the training camp where they will give the aspirants several drills to determine their dribbling and defensive skills, shooting accuracy, leaping ability, speed and aggressiveness.

The Camp starts from 8 a.m. to 12 noon.

But, only the top performers from Rookie Camp will be invited to the Rookie Draft slated Tuesday at the Ynares Sports Center in Pasig City.

Among the latest addition in the annual Rookie Camp are La Salle's Reejan Lee, Peejay Barua, Bader Malabes and Simon Atkins. James Mangahas, La Salle's third offensive option after JV Casio and Rico Maierhofer, had already signed up long time ago.

The 6-foot-6 Maierhofer has been playing for five-time champion Harbour Centre the past two years while Casio is the sparkplug of Toyota Otis.

Also joining the Rookie Camp are San Beda's David Marcelo and Elvin Pascual, Mapua's Ian Cris Mazo, Allan Mangahas, Jason Pascual, Randolf Soriano, Jonathan Banal, Mark Sarangay and Paul Alexis Cinco.

In a bid to end a four-year title drought, Hapee Toothpaste has tapped the core of UAAP champion Ateneo players Chris Tiu, Rabeh Al-Hussaini, Eric Salamat, Nonoy Baclao and Jai Reyes to play with the Lamoiyan franchise of Dr. Cecilio Pedro.

Pedro, one of the rabid supporters of Ateneo, is hoping to relive their glory days in the league. The last time they won was during the time of LA Tenorio, Larry Fonacier and Rich Alvarez four years ago.

Ateneo's Michael Vincent Baldos and Roel Escueta have also filed their application for the Rookie Draft.

Aside from the local bets, 14 Fil-foreign players have already confirmed their interest to join the Rookie Draft which starts at 7 p.m.

Pharex is expected to use its No. 1 pick to get Fil-Am Chriss Ross while Toyota Otis is likely to go for a big player to boost its frontcourt rotation. Magnolia, which owns the No. 3 pick, will tab a wingman following the departure of Bonbon Custodio.

Burger King, which is dead serious in making it to the finals this time, will pick at No. 4 followed by Hapee Toothpaste, Harbour and Bacchus Energy Drink.

alex15
09-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Cool Video....He's good, Are you Joey Deas?

bchoter
09-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Magnolia has chosen to partner with UST and are working out to have the UST players released by their current teams. Coach Koy Banal will still coach the team with coach Pido acting as consultant

thadzonline
09-27-2008, 12:24 PM
mandatory ba ang pre-draft camp attendance?

coreytaylor
09-27-2008, 07:49 PM
pwede pwede. magaling.

chronobreak18
09-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Mapua players shine in PBL Aspirants Camp

Ian Mazo and Allan Mangahas, two rising stars from Mapua, led a long list of players who stood out during the PBL Aspirants Camp Saturday at the Jose Rizal University gym in Mandaluyong.

The 6-foot-2 Mazo earned raves from the coaches and representatives of the seven participating teams for the season-opening tournament with his perimeter sniping, speed and defensive skills in the five-hour Camp supervised by former PBA assistant coach Joey Guanio and two-time MVP Benjie Paras.

Mangahas, the 5-foot-10 guard is being groomed as the heir apparent of former Cardinal King and MVP Kevin dela Pena, also caught the fancy of the coaches as well the crowd with his court leadership and outside shooting.

A total of 216 players – the biggest in years – showed up in the Camp which served as their initial test before playing in the country’s premier amateur basketball league.

"Aside from the number of participants which is a record of sort, we also have quality players this time," said Commissioner Chino Trinidad. "Lahat puede sila."

Players from Ateneo and La Salle did not join the camp as they finished their UAAP Finals series.

Still, they can join the Rookie Draft slated tomorrow at the Ynares Sports Center in Pasig City starting at 7 p.m.

Other players worth mentioning are Adamson’s Michael Galinato, Mapua’s Jonathan Banal and Jason Pascual, Jan Julius Colina, John Ervic Vijandre, Mike Gamboa, Eric Suigitan, Brian Ilad, Raffy Ynion, Mark Elamparo.

Among the Fil-foreign players, Fil-Am Chris Ross was singled out as the steadiest player.

"He’s not a fancy player but I’m sure he can get the job done," said Guanio.

Pharex owns the No. 1 pick in the drafting followed by Toyota Otis, Magnolia, Burger King, Hapee Toothpaste, Harbour Centre and Bacchus Energy Drink

Risingstarsusaaau
09-30-2008, 05:32 AM
With the absence of 5'11" standout fil-am guard Joey Deas from the draft camp does he stand a chance of being drafted and playing in the PBL?

thadzonline
09-30-2008, 09:33 AM
From what I was told, everybody gets drafted because the draft ends when everybody is already pick...there is no guarantee however that one will be signed

james_ty
09-30-2008, 03:28 PM
The PBL draft will start at 7 pm tonight. As for the Ateneo players, Chris Tiu, Rabeh Al-Hussaini, Eric Salamat, Nonoy Baclao and Yuri Escueta will all play for Hapee.

Joescoundrel
09-30-2008, 04:38 PM
^ I was told that backup forward-center Mike Baldos will also join the Hapee-Ateneo squad. Apart from 2007 UAAP MVP Jervy Cruz, San Sebastian main man Jim Viray has also been retained by Hapee Toothpaste. In a quirky twist, a man with neither Ateneo nor UST nor San Sebastian roots will coach Hapee: Gee Abanilla, of St Benilde. So perhaps we might yet see the likes of Gelo Montecastro, or Jeff Morial, or even Archie David with Hapee. If he is still available I would pick up 6-foot-3 Filipino-American swingman Khalid Fortune from Arizona in the draft.

mae.e
09-30-2008, 07:27 PM
hi! any news on the draft a while ago? who did the teams pick?

Gil_Andrews
09-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Dr. Cecilio Pedro has inked a deal with ADMU to use current blue eagle players as the core of his Hapee Toothpaste team in the PBL.* Prominent names mentioned as playing for the Lamoiyan Corp. team are Rabeh Al-Hussaini, Nonoy Baclao, Eric Salamat, Jai Reyes and Chris Tiu.* The blue eagle players will join Hapee holdover Jervy Cruz to challenge current PBL kingpin Harbor Master who have a working relationship with FEU.

This is not the first time that Hapee Toothpaste has tapped ADMU players for their roster.* Happee won a couple of PBL championships under Junel Baculi with such players as Rich Alvarez, LA Tenorio, Macky Escalona and Doug Kramer.* The Happee-ADMU partnership is for 2 years similar to that of FEU and Harbor Master.* Not surprising that Cecilio Pedro chose ADMU because he is a big time supporter of the school.

Now for the ironic twist to the renewed relationship.* Guess who will be coaching the team?* Louie Alas is out as coach and he was replace by Gee Abanilla of CSB.* Abanilla was a former lieutenant of Franz Pumaren at DLSU.

Not yet Blue Horse. Ateneo reportedly pulled out of this coming PBL conference. Reason Given: Studies. I smell politics. Details to follow.

Schortsanitis
09-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Chino Trinidad was setting him up for a confrontation with the powers-that-be, when he went out, and implied that somebody very high called him up to complain about the officiating of the PBL refs in the recent NCAA Finals series.

Instead of looking if the complaint has any merit, he went out to the press, threatening to pull out his refs from the NCAA finals, then implying about who called him up.

Even if, say, Chino has merit, the way he handled the case was just too .... undiplomatic. He probably say himself as a hero, standing against the powers-that-be, that he was right, and everybody else was wrong. In his own mind, anyway.

thadzonline
10-01-2008, 12:06 AM
and another "lapse in judgment" by the powers-that-be? Why should a high-ranking SBP official be the one to make that call? Why not somebody from the aggrieved party, i.e. the coach or officials of the complaining team?

Mateen Cleaves
10-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Chino Trinidad was setting him up for a confrontation with the powers-that-be, when he went out, and implied that somebody very high called him up to complain about the officiating of the PBL refs in the recent NCAA Finals series.

Instead of looking if the complaint has any merit, he went out to the press, threatening to pull out his refs from the NCAA finals, then implying about who called him up.*

The PBL only provided the referees. The NCAA commissioner had supervision over the way that NCAA games (regular season and Finals) were called. That was the person to call.

And I agree with thadz... SBP had no place to make the call in the first place.

The_Big_Cat
10-01-2008, 10:27 AM
So, who got drafted by whom last night?

Schortsanitis
10-01-2008, 04:41 PM
The PBL only provided the referees. The NCAA commissioner had supervision over the way that NCAA games (regular season and Finals) were called. That was the person to call.

And I agree with thadz... SBP had no place to make the call in the first place.

I disagree. The fact that BOTH sides complained about the officiating tells something about the quality of the referees in the series.

Besides, why the heck did they (the media and/or Chino's side) imply that Eala and MVP were to blame, when in fact JRU complained also about the referee's calls?

thadzonline
10-01-2008, 07:50 PM
@schort, there is no questioning that both sides were complaining about the officiating, but the point I am making is the wrong person called the wrong person, a case of a cat barking at the wrong tree

to mods: I think this deserves to be split into another thread

Risingstarsusaaau
10-01-2008, 07:57 PM
who got drafted? Does anyone have a list of who got drafted at the PBL draft?

thadzonline
10-01-2008, 08:06 PM
yeah, please post the draft results..anyone?

KingRedLion
10-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Ross is PBL top pick
philippinebasketballleague.org
(October 1, 2008)

Except for the sudden withdrawal of Ateneo players, the PBL Rookie Draft went on smoothly Tuesday with Fil-Am Chris Ross emerging as the No. 1 pick by the Pharex Medics at the Ynares Sports Center in Pasig City.

According to Pharex coach Carlo Tan, the 6-foot-1 Ross is expected to provide the Medics stability and firepower which they had lacked in the past two tournaments.

“He’s not a fancy player like other Fil-foreign players but I’m sure he can get the job done,” said Tan.
Hoping to make it to the Final Four this time around, the Medics also drafted Adamson’s Michael Galinato (2nd round), Mapua’s Ian Mazo (3rd round), Letran’s John Melegrito (4th), Adamson’s Junard Yambot (5th round) and Adamson’s Jerick Canada (6th round).

Toyota Otis also expectedly tabbed Mapua’s Allan Mangahas as the No. 2 pick while Magnolia took Spartacus Rodriguez of San Francisco State University as the No. 3 pick.

Other first round picks were La Salle’s Brian Ilad (Burger King), Lance Convento of California State Fullerton (Hapee Toothpaste), Erick Suguitan of ACSAT (Harbour Centre) and Paul Lee of University of the East (Bacchus Energy Drink).

With the withdrawal of seven Ateneo players, Hapee also drafted seven more times, taking in Christoper Canta, Mark Sarangay, Vengie Vergara, Ely Olarte, Chuck Dalanon, Josh Vanlandingham and Andy Mejos.

La Salle’s James Mangahas was taken by Toyota Otis in the second round. The Sparks also got Mapua’s Jason Pascual, La Salle’s Bader Malabes, Letran’s Alvin Cabonce and Letran’s Clarence Foronda.

A record 47 players were drafted by the seven teams competing in the coming tournament slated Oct. 25.
Aside from the 6-foot-7 Suguitan, Harbour Centre, which lost eight players to the pro league, also drafted La Salle’s Peejay Barua, University of Visayas’ Von Lanete, Reynald Cui and Jessey Garcia.

Meantime, Burger King, which will be bannered by San Beda players this time, also took Vic Manuel, Raffy Ynion, Jeremiah de Leon and Michael Gamboa.

John Julius Colina , Jamieson Cortez, Michael Baldos and Rejan Lee went to Bacchus

¡ánimo San Beda! DynasTHREE Fulfilled! FOURward!

thadzonline
10-01-2008, 08:35 PM
does somebody know who those 47 players picked were?

bossman
10-01-2008, 09:27 PM
^ I was told that backup forward-center Mike Baldos will also join the Hapee-Ateneo squad. Apart from 2007 UAAP MVP Jervy Cruz, San Sebastian main man Jim Viray has also been retained by Hapee Toothpaste. In a quirky twist, a man with neither Ateneo nor UST nor San Sebastian roots will coach Hapee: Gee Abanilla, of St Benilde. So perhaps we might yet see the likes of Gelo Montecastro, or Jeff Morial, or even Archie David with Hapee. If he is still available I would pick up 6-foot-3 Filipino-American swingman Khalid Fortune from Arizona in the draft.

Sana kahit may isa taga CSB makuha naman. Tagal na kasi may taga CSB na maganda pinakita sa PBL. PBL sponsored nga yun CSB before but mga bangko naman sila nun time na yun.

gameface_one
10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
@schort, there is no questioning that both sides were complaining about the officiating, but the point I am making is the wrong person called the wrong person, a case of a cat barking at the wrong tree

to mods: I think this deserves to be split into another thread

Thad, it's in the SBP forum.

Risingstarsusaaau
10-01-2008, 09:56 PM
What is the SPB or SBP forum thanks

Cupidnation
10-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I up on that anyone have a list of the 47 drafted?! I can't find it anywhere. Why don't they post it on PBL's website? It doesnt make sense ???

The_Big_Cat
10-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Sana kahit may isa taga CSB makuha naman. Tagal na kasi may taga CSB na maganda pinakita sa PBL. PBL sponsored nga yun CSB before but mga bangko naman sila nun time na yun.

Chuck Dalanon was drafted by Hapee.

Joescoundrel
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Ross is PBL top pick
(October 1, 2008)

Except for the sudden withdrawal of Ateneo players, the PBL Rookie Draft went on smoothly Tuesday with Fil-Am Chris Ross emerging as the No. 1 pick by the Pharex Medics at the Ynares Sports Center in Pasig City.

According to Pharex coach Carlo Tan, the 6-foot-1 Ross is expected to provide the Medics stability and firepower which they had lacked in the past two tournaments.

“He’s not a fancy player like other Fil-foreign players but I’m sure he can get the job done,” said Tan.
Hoping to make it to the Final Four this time around, the Medics also drafted Adamson’s Michael Galinato (2nd round), Mapua’s Ian Mazo (3rd round), Letran’s John Melegrito (4th), Adamson’s Junard Yambot (5th round) and Adamson’s Jerick Canada (6th round).

Toyota Otis also expectedly tabbed Mapua’s Allan Mangahas as the No. 2 pick while Magnolia took Spartacus Rodriguez of San Francisco State University as the No. 3 pick.

Other first round picks were La Salle’s Brian Ilad (Burger King), Lance Convento of California State Fullerton (Hapee Toothpaste), Erick Suguitan of ACSAT (Harbour Centre) and Paul Lee of University of the East (Bacchus Energy Drink).

With the withdrawal of seven Ateneo players, Hapee also drafted seven more times, taking in Christoper Canta, Mark Sarangay, Vengie Vergara, Ely Olarte, Chuck Dalanon, Josh Vanlandingham and Andy Mejos.

La Salle’s James Mangahas was taken by Toyota Otis in the second round. The Sparks also got Mapua’s Jason Pascual, La Salle’s Bader Malabes, Letran’s Alvin Cabonce and Letran’s Clarence Foronda.

A record 47 players were drafted by the seven teams competing in the coming tournament slated Oct. 25.
Aside from the 6-foot-7 Suguitan, Harbour Centre, which lost eight players to the pro league, also drafted La Salle’s Peejay Barua, University of Visayas’ Von Lanete, Reynald Cui and Jessey Garcia.

Meantime, Burger King, which will be bannered by San Beda players this time, also took Vic Manuel, Raffy Ynion, Jeremiah de Leon and Michael Gamboa.

John Julius Colina , Jamieson Cortez, Michael Baldos and Rejan Lee went to Bacchus

What is the world coming to? Allan Mangahas got picked ahead of Ian Mazo...? :o

And I see no one picked up Khalid Fortune.

I don't know how Mike Baldos will work things out with Bacchus. If Ateneo is not seeing action then I presume the standing order remains: no PBL for any player still looking to play in the varsity.

gameface_one
10-02-2008, 02:09 PM
What is the SPB or SBP forum thanks

Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (BAP-SBP). It's below the Hoopedia forum.

Get_Blazed
10-04-2008, 02:05 PM

Hapee, after Ateneo pulled out, was 'forced' to pick 7 more times in the draft(after everyone has picked or every round?). In which one of the draft picks was used on CSB's rookie standout Chuck Dalanon. I was expecting more Blazers to get picked, especially with Coach Gee at the helm of the coaching staff. :-X

Get_Blazed
10-04-2008, 02:10 PM

Chuck Dalanon was drafted by Hapee.

Yup, but we were hoping kahit pati si Gelo kasali man lang. These 2 show promise for the Blazers.

Anyone here who can post the list of the draft in order? Tsaka sana complete. It is nowhere to be found.

kuneho
10-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Ross is PBL top pick
(October 1, 2008)

What is the world coming to? Allan Mangahas got picked ahead of Ian Mazo...? :o

And I see no one picked up Khalid Fortune.

I don't know how Mike Baldos will work things out with Bacchus. If Ateneo is not seeing action then I presume the standing order remains: no PBL for any player still looking to play in the varsity.

Khalif Fortune was picked up by Bacchus 5th or 6th round I believe