PDA

View Full Version : The Finals: SBC vs JRU

eightyfiver
09-26-2008, 08:54 PM
JRU has just equalized the series 1-1 after protecting a narrow lead all game long, 62-60.

Your thoughts on the 1st 2 games. Who will win Game 3?*

So far this series has been more exciting and unpredictable.

a_ron
09-26-2008, 10:46 PM
JRU for a change

MonL
09-27-2008, 08:12 AM
JRU for a change

No way.

No one won twice in a row against us when it mattered.

Won't happen here, either.

Regular Grey
09-27-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm with you MonL.

Animo San Beda!

nash_bedista
09-27-2008, 11:05 AM
same also here sir MonL.

ponce
09-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Ika nga ni Sir MonL sa B.com, "We are all in this together!"

Animo San Beda!

coreytaylor
09-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Bawi San Beda ;)

BedanRoar
09-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Bawi San Beda* ;)

You can count on that.

tigerman
09-27-2008, 01:25 PM
No offense meant to the fans of both Escobal and Menor but I thought they had questionable shot selections in the closing moments of yesterday's game.

In a fastbreak play, the ball was in Menor's hands on a 2-on-1 fastbreak together with Hermida against a lone JRU defender. The former decided not to pass to Hermida who was nearer the basket.

In the final 2 minutes, Escobal decided to go for the outside shot despite the fact that JRU was already in the penalty. I even remember one instance where Pong attempted from way beyond the amateur 3-point line. By my count, he attempted thrice from the rainbow area instead of taking it to the hoop in at least 3 plays.

Anyway, good luck to both teams. Ekwe should be more careful with the fouls especially since Marcelo and Pascual are both quite young to play in a pressure-packed game 3.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

nicksy
09-27-2008, 03:12 PM
note: this is the first time Sam Ekwe has fouled out in his NCAA career besides from the flagrant fould against Sam yong Lee (UPHDS) last year.

MonL
09-27-2008, 04:53 PM
note: this is the first time Sam Ekwe has fouled out in his NCAA career besides from the flagrant foul against Sam yong Lee (UPHDS) last year.

He had a lot of help for that. Unsolicited and bum.

mighty_lion
09-27-2008, 06:27 PM
One can only learn for mistakes of the past and im sure the RL is preparing hard for Game 3. Im quite happy with the championship poise shown by the Red Lions.

unintentionally
09-27-2008, 06:36 PM
keep believing!
we could prevail

long live rizal

bossman
09-27-2008, 06:46 PM
San Beda na to sa Monday!

gelaibabydoll
09-27-2008, 07:01 PM
GO SAN BEDA FIGHT!!!

mrard
09-27-2008, 08:45 PM
win or lose, we're just happy to be in the Finals after 7 years.:)

eightyfiver
09-28-2008, 07:48 AM
At this point both teams are pretty even. They have split the eliminations and the first 2 games of the finals with scores decided on no more than 4 points. So I expect both teams to grind it out on every possession. A fastbreaking game favors SBC.

Intimidation factor
It seems that JRU has overcome the intimidating presence of Sam Ekwe. The 1st round of eliminations they were able to win by being lucky, playing "takot" and settling for 3s. When their 3s didn't fall in the second round encounter, they got burned. The finals was a different story. They are playing straight up basketball and started believing in themselves. SBC should make the adjustment and use their height advantage by playing zone, since JRU (actually both teams) has been shooting horribly from beyond the arc. Just revert back to man-to-man whenever their shooting gets hot.

Turnovers
Both teams suffered from turning the ball often. But more so from SBC. Credit goes to the hard defense of both teams.

Team play
SBC have the depth in talent but JRU matches this with team play. Too many one on one plays from the Lions , makes life easier for the Bombers. The Lions should also exploit their advantage in depth by playing more men and preserving their starters for the end game. Guys like Taupa, Tecson and Gamalinda could very well help the team.

In the end the hungrier team who wants it more will win it.* So I'd pick JRU to win in the same small margin.

Interesting sidelight will be the class war.* *:-X

abcdef
09-28-2008, 01:26 PM
^ I pick SBC to win the championship.

I am not convinced with the way the Bombers outplayed the Red Lions.

I still see it as the refs deciding to call alot of sissy fouls instead of calling holding fouls.

Let us see but it would be different Red Lions that would be on Araneta's floor.

MonL
09-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Interesting sidelight will be the class war.* *:-X

Lest it be mistaken for differences in economic strata, perish the thought.

It's not a question of economics.

It's more of conduct and dignity.* *

We've been pretty much restrained when provoked by classless jeering and bastardization.

But we ARE straining at the leash.

magnum_motoki
09-28-2008, 11:06 PM
PUSO!!!

Defense is the key!!!

ANIMO SAN BEDA!!!

eightyfiver
09-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Wow. May issue pa ngayon ng pullout of referees.

Commissioner Trinidad, huwag na po kayo mapikon at magtampo. Tuloy na ang laban.

trencher_k
09-29-2008, 05:23 PM
San Beda claims the Season 84 crown with an 85-69 win over JRU.* ;)

win or lose, we're just happy to be in the Finals after 7 years.:)

It was a great series, kudos to the Heavy Bombers for pushing our boys to the limit.*

ANIMO SAN BEDA!!! GRAND-SLAM NCAA CHAMPIONS!

mrard
10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Congratulations San Beda.:) Sana tayo ulit sa Finals next year...para abot game 3...hehe

Gym_Rat
10-02-2008, 11:59 AM
With that, Season 84 is concluded. Thread locked.