PDA

View Full Version : Gallent's wish list for '85

King_stag
09-24-2008, 07:27 PM
With the departure of Ballesteros and Viray, Coach george needs to step on the gas this early. Here are my candidates to bolster the stags next season:

1. Junar Arce - PCU will be on indefinite leave next season and if they could convince him to stay and establish his residency now he's a Legitimate Big with tons of upside. His footwork and shot blocking is impressive.

2. Jamil Ortuoste - This kid is a lights out shooter and a great finisher, he averages 11.8 ppg behind the deep guard rotation of the staglets, he's a anthony del rio 2.0 with better handling and better shooting mechanics.

3.Raffy Gusi - His range is tremendous, it reminds me of Nico Uy. He can easily blow by defenders and attack the paint.

4.Almond Vosotros - This guy has a lot of tricks in his bag. Very unpredictable, mantains his composure during pressure situations. An open court finisher, you can even throw a few defender and it wont matter.

untamed
09-25-2008, 03:52 AM
i saw vosotros played yesterday and this kid has something, cool na cool. how about si arvie di ba kasali sa wish list ni coach? maganda yatang idea yung bringas brothers in the same roster next year.... ;D

LION
09-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Ayaw ba ni Coach Gallent kay Andrada? ;D

mighty_lion
09-25-2008, 08:54 AM
4.Almond Vosotros - This guy has a lot of tricks in his bag. Very unpredictable, mantains his composure during pressure situations. An open court finisher, you can even throw a few defender and it wont matter.

This guy reminds me of a Boyet Bautista with better upside kasi mas maaga pumutok ang laro.

The_Big_Cat
09-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Almond Vosotros is the Staglets' best one-on-one player. A smooth-penetrator in the shaded lane. But at 5'9", he should convert himself into a point guard in the senior's level. He is a high-scoring guard.

King_stag
09-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Almond Vosotros is the Staglets' best one-on-one player. A smooth-penetrator in the shaded lane. But at 5'9", he should convert himself into a point guard in the senior's level. He is a high-scoring guard.

He's still young, if he grew up a couple of inches more it's harder to stop him. He had 22 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists and 2 steals in the first game of the finals.

ericgordon
09-25-2008, 06:08 PM

He's still young, if he grew up a couple of inches more it's harder to stop him. He had 22 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists and 2 steals in the first game of the finals.

this kid is really tough,i knew him personally as he's just around the neighborhood.mr basic basketball as i would say.makes it looks easy when he plays even in crunch time.if you would notice,he scored almost on all parts of the floor but he wasnt that lucky beyond the arc..this guy is not just a great one on one player but also a deadly shooter.. i expect him to adjust in game two and sank consistent 3-points shots..i hope he'll grow more inches to be a dominating 2guard but this guy can play the point for sure.. so much more to watch from this guy..

cub
09-25-2008, 11:14 PM

this kid is really tough,i knew him personally as he's just around the neighborhood.mr basic basketball as i would say.makes it looks easy when he plays even in crunch time.if you would notice,he scored almost on all parts of the floor but he wasnt that lucky beyond the arc..this guy is not just a great one on one player but also a deadly shooter.. i expect him to adjust in game two and sank consistent 3-points shots..i hope he'll grow more inches to be a dominating 2guard but this guy can play the point for sure.. so much more to watch from this guy..

how old is he? is he graduating?

The_Big_Cat
09-26-2008, 08:21 AM

how old is he? is he graduating?

Graduating. 18 years old (daw).

jpmalpas
09-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Mahusay nga talaga yung Vosotros. Kayang gumawa ng sarili nyang play, sana makuha natin sya, pati si Gusi. :D

King_stag
09-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Sure na yan si gusi. ;D magagalit si tito frank pag lumipat sya :P

thadzonline
09-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Bringas and Andrada are good big men, pero balita ko nakatimbre na si Bringas somewhere

thadzonline
09-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Kumusta nga pala si Jericho de Guzman? balita ko he's with th Stags

King_stag
09-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Mahusay nga talaga yung Vosotros. Kayang gumawa ng sarili nyang play, sana makuha natin sya, pati si Gusi. :D

For me Almond Vosotros should have been the finals mvp. During the first game he almost had a triple-double and hitted timely baskets. He only had 19 points in game two but he played straight in two quarters, guarding alas and sacrificing his scoring. He also made the clutch baskets when letran threatened to run.

King_stag
09-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Kumusta nga pala si Jericho de Guzman? balita ko he's with th Stags

Sir, unconfirmed pa if JDG will suit up for the stags.

ericgordon
09-26-2008, 09:56 PM
i agree with you..if you'll look and watch the game closely.you'll se how valuable he is with the team.the way he score and create.more than just the points and he take lesser shots than his other teamates..i guess they just have to give it to arvie since he was considered to be the main man of the team and he is graduating already.. but all in all,if you look at efficiency,vosotros leads the staglets more and he is the big reason why they seal the championship

Regular Grey
09-27-2008, 01:55 AM
I read in Bill Velasco's column that Bringas is going to Ateneo.

Baste Extension na ba ang ADMU?

ilovedhay
09-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Ateneo is getting the best players in the NCAA. They are getting Kevin Alas from Squires, 2008 MVP Keith Agovida of JRU and Arvie Bringas. Ateneo Eaglets Juami Tiongson is I guess the only chosen one to be elevated to the eagle line-up. Almond Vosostros may go also to UAAP and went to Taft Ave., to fill the void of Jvee Casio. But I see Gusi and Andrada will stay for Baste for their seniors.

Guardian Angel
09-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Bringas is as close to a "lock" as there could possibly be, for Ateneo. But from my sources, Alas is not at the top of the list of Ateneo neither is Agovida.

But I guess it's really too early to say. Even "sure things" can turn out differently. i.e. Ogie Menor, Clark Bautista.

pusongbaste
09-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Si Almond Vosotros pala 3rd year HS palang nu? So probably magiistay talaga siya sa Baste? Pwede ba siyang pumasok sa team b ng stags kahit na HS palang siya?

Si Jamil Ortueste(tama ba?) anong year na nya?

jiggerman04
09-28-2008, 12:58 PM
the guy is heading to U.P...

-insane-
09-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Ateneo is getting the best players in the NCAA. They are getting Kevin Alas from Squires, 2008 MVP Keith Agovida of JRU and Arvie Bringas. Ateneo Eaglets Juami Tiongson is I guess the only chosen one to be elevated to the eagle line-up. Almond Vosostros may go also to UAAP and went to Taft Ave., to fill the void of Jvee Casio. But I see Gusi and Andrada will stay for Baste for their seniors.

si alas hindi sure kung lilipat kasi sabi package na daw yung mga alas sa letran

King_stag
09-30-2008, 08:25 PM
the guy is heading to U.P...

Who is headed to UP?

thadzonline
10-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Is Jericho De Guzman still scrimmaging with the team though?