PDA

View Full Version : UAAP Season 71 Game 18 The Championship: DLSU Green Archers vs. ADMU Blue Eagles

bigfreeze_bibby
09-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Ateneo proved to be the better team yesterday with a brilliant display of both their offensive and defensive powers. La Salle just simply did not respect Ateneo's patented frontmen of Bacalo and Al-Hussaini which wrecked havoc on both ends resulting to DLSU's poor play on both ends of the floor. Unless I see big adjustments on Thursday, I won't be surprised to see an Ateneo celebration after the buzzer sounds on game two this Thursday. La Salle played terrific 20 minutes offensively and defensively but all of a sudden, their image changed and allowed the Blue Eagles to take away the fight with their patented pick and roll and low post plays.

No help was provided on Jvee Casio, which really hurt the Archers in the 2nd half. James Mangahas was in foul trouble early on which took away his rhythm while Malabes and Barua were not able to contribute big time as no one from the Archers camp stepped up onto the plate to take charge while Jvee was still struggling to get his attempts and shots to fall in. The thin makeshift frontline of Villanueva and Maierhofer just couldn't find a way to stop Rabeh from scoring from all angles in the floor.

La Salle has to find a way on how to stop Ateneo's pick and roll offense which results most of the time an easy basket for Rabeh. It will be easier said than done because leaving Jai, Eric, or Chris in a one on one situation will result to other opportunities for Ateneo to score their points but I feel that there's a better chance of providing help defense patterns should they allow the guards to penetrate inside rather than passing the ball to the screener (Rabeh) and allowing Rabeh to sit in his comfort zone to take and make his shots.

La Salle has to show different press patterns or new set of press formations to force turns and convert them to easy baskets. La Salle was able to do this in the 1st half but the Archers were very poor in converting the turnovers into points in the second half as the Ateneo defense held their fort and recovering very well in transition defense. La Salle also hurt themselves in missing those opportunities, not just only in missing their fastbreak attempts, but also making poor passes in a 3-on-2 fastbreak situations. The execution was not just simply there for the Archers.

The Archers have to be sharp in the little areas on both ends and outhustle Ateneo in order for them to steal a game on Thursday. It will be definitely hard but I am still keeping my hopes alive in this series. The coaching staff might have felt that their adjustments were already okay but I guess otherwise after seeing yesterday's game. The sharpness factor was not there for the Archers yesterday unlike their previous two final four games against FEU wherein aside from playing tough defense, they were able to play and produce points after FEU misses a shot. It seemed like yesterday that in every Ateneo possession in the 2nd half, they would simply score on us.

Definitely, I can see it from the boys that they are giving their all but it is not yet sufficient to overcome their biggest obstacle so far this season, which is to beat the Blue Eagles. Season-long injured center Marko Batricevic could have done the job defending Rabeh in the paint for I see and think that he's the best low post defender that we have right now and Walsham or Ferdinand cannot mimic at least Marko's asset so far on the defensive end. No changes for my keys to success for DLSU so far. If DLSU does not able to defense the interior, then they'd be in trouble.

If this could be the last game for DLSU, I would like to take the opportunity to thank the guys for a nice ride this year. But for now, it will still be...

GO LA SALLE FIGHT!
ANIMO LA SALLE!

glock23
09-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Im not just about to wave the white flag just yet. And im sure our friends from Katipunan know better than to underestimate us on thursday. keep the faith!!!

BigBlue
09-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Im not just about to wave the white flag just yet. And im sure our friends from Katipunan know better* than to underestimate us on thursday. keep the faith!!!

oh we do glock23. despite the gloating from our side, we've been on the receiving end of one to many beatings from your team that we're still wary of what Franz and his boys may still have hidden in them.

jembengzon
09-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Im not just about to wave the white flag just yet. And im sure our friends from Katipunan know better* than to underestimate us on thursday. keep the faith!!!

the best respect we can show for your team glock is to win the crown away from you by coming prepared. up until then, you're the defending champs, and we're the challenger. and i'm sure thursday will be a battle royale. :)

parang medieval times, padre - no kingdom is ever won without a conqueror defeating the vanquished, and no worthy king gives up his kingdom without defending honor and glory, to die a glorious death (ala 300 the movie). that is the sign of true warriors showing respect to each other, to fight until their last breaths are exhausted :)

sanlo
09-22-2008, 09:44 PM

the best respect we can show for your team glock is to win the crown away from you by coming prepared.* up until then, you're the defending champs, and we're the challenger.* * and i'm sure thursday* will be a battle royale.* *:)

parang medieval times, padre - no kingdom is ever won without* a conqueror defeating the vanquished, and no worthy king gives up his kingdom without defending honor and glory, to die a glorious death (ala 300 the movie).* that is the sign of true warriors showing respect to each other, to fight until their last breaths are exhausted* :)

I like that...so what do we do with the women? hehe. Seriously, I agree with you that they are the champions and we are the challengers.

glock23
09-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Jem, how i wish i could move my trip a day to be able to watch the game on thursday. it's going to be awesome regadless of the outcome. At the end of the day whether green or blue we are there to witness two great and proud institutions battle it out tooth and nail all for school pride. Thats what makes it all worth it! Damn i wanna watch it!!! :D

Oh well i'll just get updates from friends while i cheer for Kimi Raikonnen and Ferrari!

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

bigfreeze_bibby
09-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Jem, how i wish i could move my trip a day to be able to watch the game on thursday. it's going to be awesome regadless of the outcome. At the end of the day whether green or blue we are there to witness two great and proud institutions battle it out tooth and nail all for school pride. Thats what makes it all worth it! Damn i wanna watch it!!!* :D

Oh well i'll just get updates from friends while i cheer for Kimi Raikonnen and Ferrari!

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

Alang hiya, i-ban kaya kita dito hehehe, kalaban pala kita sa F1.* Pakikamusta mo na lang ako kay Lewis and kay Heiki hehe.* I was supposed to go there too kaya lang inurong ko na, next time na lang ulit.* Now back to our regular programming.

bossman
09-23-2008, 01:45 PM
As it is being said, Never under estimate the heart of the champions!

glock23
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Jem, how i wish i could move my trip a day to be able to watch the game on thursday. it's going to be awesome regadless of the outcome. At the end of the day whether green or blue we are there to witness two great and proud institutions battle it out tooth and nail all for school pride. Thats what makes it all worth it! Damn i wanna watch it!!!* :D

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

Alang hiya, i-ban kaya kita dito hehehe, kalaban pala kita sa F1.* Pakikamusta mo na lang ako kay Lewis and kay Heiki hehe.* I was supposed to go there too kaya lang inurong ko na, next time na lang ulit.* Now back to our regular programming.

OT: BfB, dont worry lewis and heikki will see kimi's behind in singapore! hahaha! loko lang boss! :D

DLSU will fight another day. No one is better with their backs against the wall than Franz and the Archers, i just hope the boys will show what they're made off on thursday because ADMU will want to finish us off rather than face us in a do or die match on sunday as the pressure on them will be enormous!!!

Keep the Faith!

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

full battle gear
09-24-2008, 05:19 PM
deleted a post of someone offering tickets for a premium.

scqg
09-24-2008, 10:36 PM
looking to swap:

my 2 dlsu lower box tickets for your 2 admu lower box tickets

note: tickets not for sale.

please send me a pm. thanks.

stonecold316
09-24-2008, 10:54 PM
I don't know what DLSU has in mind on Thursday but if they managed to beat Ateneo, I'm confident that they can bag the crown on Sunday. Iba pa rin ang DLSU pagdating sa Finals.

The_Big_Cat
09-25-2008, 08:48 PM
La Salle did not bring the arsenal for Game 2. After a 10-5 lead early in the first quarter, Ateneo began to crawl from the early deficit.

The two early fouls on Rabeh should have been an advantage for La Salle but never capitalized on it.

The crucial play for me in Game 2 was when Ateneo lead was cut to 3 by a Rico Maierhoffer undergoal stab to
20-17. Rico was called for a technical for taunting/unsportsman-like foul on Jobe. That technical resulted in two free throws by Chris Tiu. And on the ensuing play Chris nailed also a three-point shot and the next play Chris again nailed a running shot. From the 17-20, the lead ballooned to 17-27 after the Rico technical. From then on, Ateneo never looked back.

The support crew of Mangahas, Barua, Atkins & Malabes had an awful shooting game.

My heart goes out to Rico, who will probably end his collegiate career with an ejection at the 4th quarter, and JV Casio, who almost single-handed carried this La Salle team, fouled out.

stonecold316
09-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Iba ag sixth man ng Ateneo. very powerful.
Nakakalungkot for DLSU this year pero nakakatakot din because bumabawi ang DLSU kapag natatalo sa championship game.

wolverine78ph
09-25-2008, 08:55 PM
To JV: THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO PLAY FOR LA SALLE! WE WILL ALWAYS BE PROUD OF YOU!

ANIMO!

fionna
09-25-2008, 09:11 PM
bakit walang lumabas ni isa sa team to receive the runner up trophy ???????? laro lang yan...may nananalo and may natatalo, nagkataon lang na natalo dlsu ngayon. Tanggapin na lang ng maayos at walang palusot at congratulate na lang yung kalaban. Para pag nanalo naman dlsu, ganun din ang gawin sa kanila.

ankle breaker
09-25-2008, 09:16 PM
walang magawa eh, malakas at malalaki lang ang ateneo this year. tsaka basa na nila ang plays nang la salle na nakatutok lang kay jv casio at rico. eh kung medyo ginamit ni franz nang todo sina malabes kagaya last year siguro iba ang series ending.

5FootCarrot
09-25-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm just posting to show my appreciation for JV Casio, who I think is a good guy as well as a good ball player. He has always represented La Salle well, and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. (At least then, I will be able to cheer for him without feeling guilty ;D)

That is all.

fionna
09-25-2008, 11:35 PM
yes, i have always admired casio on the way he handles himself whether he wins or loses. You can really see a person's character on the way he handles defeats. Sadly, I can't say the same to most of the team and the coach.

batangueño
09-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Maraming salamat sa 'yo, JV Casio. :)

little agma
09-26-2008, 12:11 AM
yes, i have always admired casio on the way he handles himself whether he wins or loses.* You can really see a person's character on the way he handles defeats.* Sadly, I can't say the same to most of the team and the coach.

sadly, i can't say the same to your community and the way you handle losses...and even victories!

fionna
09-26-2008, 02:04 AM
hello ??? just ask any other school in the uaap aside from dlsu and admu, as to who always gloats during victories and refuse to accept defeat. I am not generalizing as I have a lot of level headed lasallite friends who immediately accepted defeat and offerred their congratulations.

I am just talking about the dlsu basketball team for the past ___ years. I guess it reflects on the leadership.

5FootCarrot
09-26-2008, 02:39 AM
That's enough.

fionna, I know that winning feels good and there are still certain bones to pick with La Salle, but there is such a thing as kicking a person when s/he is down and that's not cool. Leave the La Sallites/Lasallians alone and just enjoy the victory in the appropriate venues.

Sorry bigfreeze_bibby, I know this is your turf but all of this is starting to get old. I'm interested in reading about the La Salle perspective of the game (occasionally, when I do visit here ;D), not in more smack talk.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Congratulations to the Blue Eagles for a well-deserved championship. See you guys next year. The basketball season closes for now and it's time to go back to work for some reloading and retooling for season 72 especially that Sir Jvee Casio has already used all his eligibility.

Any other extra curricular post from here on will be automatically deleted. This serves as warning for everyone.

jembengzon
09-26-2008, 08:02 AM
That's enough.

fionna, I know that winning feels good and there are still certain bones to pick with La Salle, but there is such a thing as kicking a person when s/he is down and that's not cool. Leave the La Sallites/Lasallians alone and just enjoy the victory in the appropriate venues.

Sorry bigfreeze_bibby, I know this is your turf but all of this is starting to get old. I'm interested in reading about the La Salle perspective of the game (occasionally, when I do visit here ;D), not in more smack talk.

second that carrot. and for all those who are thinking of rubbing it in, DON'T EVEN TRY. there's such a thing as class, and while some of few may feel an urge, suggest you take up carrot's strong suggestion and do it in the appropriate threads. NOT HERE

shyboy
09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Thing is, the loss doesn't hurt that much for me. I feel for coach Franz and the rest of the team, though, specially JV. The game was called like it wasn't for the championship.

JonarSabilano
09-26-2008, 11:09 AM
All I can say is, DLSU gave us many good games this season, and I'd like to thank them for putting up a good fight for the trophy. JV Casio is a class act and I'll be rooting for him once he reaches the PBA.

31gna
09-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Thing is, the loss doesn't hurt that much for me.* I feel for coach Franz and the rest of the team, though, specially JV.* The game was called like it wasn't for the championship.

I agree! Parang hindi championship talaga.

Anyway, Congratulations to Ateneo for winning the 2008 crown!!!! See you next year :)

theunderdog
09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
mad props to jvee. you sir are a true baller. goodluck on your future pbl/pba career. you just didn't have enough back up this year. again, good luck. i'll be breathing a bit easier next year knowing that you won't be around to shoot those dagger threes

franz888
09-26-2008, 01:59 PM
The system of Franz Pumaren can only do so much, In the end the more talented team won.

Credit must be given to Ateneo's recruitment program. Championships can be won or lost in recruitment alone.

Coach Black is not that bad a coach to begin with so DLSU's advantage is not that big at all.

bossman
09-26-2008, 03:51 PM
yes, i have always admired casio on the way he handles himself whether he wins or loses. You can really see a person's character on the way he handles defeats. Sadly, I can't say the same to most of the team and the coach.

It is a very unprofessionally officiated ball game!

5FootCarrot
09-26-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't think UAAP games have been officiated in a professional manner in a very long time.

stonecold316
09-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Bawi na lang next year. I'm sure next year mas malakas ang DLSU at maraming rookies na magagaling na pwede pumalit sa pwest ni Jvee.

shyboy
09-27-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm just posting to show my appreciation for JV Casio, who I think is a good guy as well as a good ball player. He has always represented La Salle well, and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. (At least then, I will be able to cheer for him without feeling guilty ;D)

That is all.

Many of us from DLSU might do the same for Chris Tiu if not for his overacting, over-flopping and I-never-fouled-anybody attitude.

jembengzon
09-27-2008, 07:19 AM

That is all.

Many of us from DLSU might do the same for Chris Tiu if not for his overacting, over-flopping and I-never-fouled-anybody attitude.

second that carrot* :).* *i think jv casio is a fine ballplayer and a good guy.* he remains humble and focused, and though he has given admu a lot of heartache over the years, i've always enjoyed watching him play.* *i believe he exemplifies what the institution wants its students to have upon graduation - excellence, values and leadership.* He took upon TY Tang's leadership role and carried it with honor and dignity.

Godspeed to you JV and good luck in your future endeavors.

glock23
09-30-2008, 12:04 AM
BFB isang OT lang : Ang galing ni Alonso! Talk about rubbing it in lewis' face man! ;)

To the Ateneo Blue Eagles and my atenean wife and friends, Congrats!!! Ang SARAP diba? Weather weather lang yan, ika nga ni ERAP.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-30-2008, 10:58 AM
BFB isang OT lang : Ang galing ni Alonso! Talk about rubbing it in lewis' face man! ;)

To the Ateneo Blue Eagles and my atenean wife and friends, Congrats!!! Ang SARAP diba? Weather weather lang yan, ika nga ni ERAP.

From 15th in the starting grid to win the race, it was a phenomenal win for Alonso, who all season long expressed his disgust on his car and even demanded to the Renault crew to provide him a stronger car next season. Okay lang, lamang na kami sa inyo this season on both the drivers and constructor's championship hehehe with 3 races left.

Yep. Weather-weather lang yan at talagang ganyan ang buhay, minsan nasa ilalim at minsan nasa ibabaw naman hehe. :P

The Green Archers will guest tomorrow at Umagang Kay Ganda morning program in ABS-CBN. Olats nga lang at holiday bukas, kung kelan hindi kailangan gumising ng maaga para manood, mapapagising ako ng maaga para manood.

izon
09-30-2008, 09:10 PM

From 15th in the starting grid to win the race, it was a phenomenal win for Alonso, who all season long expressed his disgust on his car and even demanded to the Renault crew to provide him a stronger car next season.* Okay lang, lamang na kami sa inyo this season on both the drivers and constructor's championship hehehe with 3 races left.

Yep.* Weather-weather lang yan at talagang ganyan ang buhay, minsan nasa ilalim at minsan nasa ibabaw naman hehe.* *:P

The Green Archers will guest tomorrow at Umagang Kay Ganda morning program in ABS-CBN.* Olats nga lang at holiday bukas, kung kelan hindi kailangan gumising ng maaga para manood, mapapagising ako ng maaga para manood.

Sana hindi na mag guest ang Green Archers dyan sa ABS CBN. Masyadong biased yan sa Ateneo. Tinira pa ni Anthony Taberna.

glock23
10-01-2008, 02:32 PM

From 15th in the starting grid to win the race, it was a phenomenal win for Alonso, who all season long expressed his disgust on his car and even demanded to the Renault crew to provide him a stronger car next season.* Okay lang, lamang na kami sa inyo this season on both the drivers and constructor's championship hehehe with 3 races left.

Yep.* Weather-weather lang yan at talagang ganyan ang buhay, minsan nasa ilalim at minsan nasa ibabaw naman hehe.* *:P

The Green Archers will guest tomorrow at Umagang Kay Ganda morning program in ABS-CBN.* Olats nga lang at holiday bukas, kung kelan hindi kailangan gumising ng maaga para manood, mapapagising ako ng maaga para manood.

Sana hindi na mag guest ang Green Archers dyan sa ABS CBN.* Masyadong biased yan sa Ateneo.* Tinira pa ni Anthony Taberna.

By next year pabor na sa lasalle ang abs cbn kapag natuloy na isa sa mga Lopez ang magiging co-manager ng team. ;D Si Taberna madali lang papanigin sa atin yan....bigyan ng babae :D

izon
10-01-2008, 06:11 PM

Sana hindi na mag guest ang Green Archers dyan sa ABS CBN.* Masyadong biased yan sa Ateneo.* Tinira pa ni Anthony Taberna.

By next year pabor na sa lasalle ang abs cbn kapag natuloy na isa sa mga Lopez ang magiging co-manager ng team.* ;D Si Taberna madali lang papanigin sa atin yan....bigyan ng babae* :D

Huh! Akala ko mga Lopez taga Ateneo. Sinong Lopez ang magiging co-manager ng team? Yong Taberna chick boy ? Marami namang chickboy dyan sa ABS CBN.

glock23
10-01-2008, 10:35 PM
^not all of them are from the Ateneo. The Sons of manolo lopez are all from LSGH so is Ernie Lopez son of the late geny lopez.