PDA

View Full Version : JRU in the 84th NCAA FINALS!

mrard
09-19-2008, 08:47 PM
SEASON 84 It's Time!

KEEP THE FAITH!

Mabuhay Rizal!

batangueño
09-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Congratulations JRU! :)

I am just curious. When was the last time the Heavy Bombers entered the NCAA Men's Basketball Finals? ???

nash_bedista
09-19-2008, 10:33 PM
i think its 2001? yung Nani Epondulan era

batangueño
09-19-2008, 10:40 PM

I see. :)

No wonder the JRU fans are extremely happy at today's developments. Now that the they are back in the Finals looks like the Heavy Bombers are going all out in their bid to end their own version of the NCAA men's basketball championship title drought.

KingRedLion
09-20-2008, 12:48 AM

Was it the one against Letran? Was it the same Finals where there was fracas toward th end of the game after Milo Bonifacio punched John Paul Prior at the back of the head sabay takbo? ;D

¡ánimo San Beda!

nastrans
09-20-2008, 02:15 AM
It was in 2001, JRU lost to Baste in the finals.

ilovedhay
09-20-2008, 07:09 AM

That was Coach by Boy De Vera and it was bannered by Nani Epondulan, Rendell Dela Rea and Ariel Capus.

mrard
09-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Even if JRU will be the dehado ones in the upcoming NCAA Finals, the JRU community will surely troop down at the Araneta Coliseum on wed to show full support. I'm just hoping and praying na mag-pa-half day sila!haha so i won't have to miss my last subject...

Joescoundrel
09-22-2008, 11:31 AM
JRU had a masterful 63-61 victory over the Letran Knights and are now poised to make a big run against whoever they wind up facing in the NCAA Season 84 Finals.

Mark Cagoco and James Sena, the big-small combine that has seen the Heavy Bombers through this entire season, were once again at the forefront of their big victory. Cagoco, who had all of two points on 1-8 shooting throughout the first three periods, suddenly came alive with eight points including critical freethrows in the end-game to seal the win.

Just as an "opinion poll" type question: who would JRU rather face in the Finals - San Beda or Mapua?

If it were me I'd rather go up against San Beda. Beating the defending champions would be the sweetest victory of all.

mrard
09-22-2008, 05:50 PM
^^ wish granted sir. It is indeed JRU vs. San Beda on wednesday.

mrard
09-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Congratulations to Marvin Hayes for being a part of the Mythical Five of season 84.:)

ankle breaker
09-24-2008, 09:23 PM
and who won game 1?

mrard
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
San Beda

mrard
09-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Series is tied at 1-1

DO or DIE next week.......MABUHAY RIZAL!:)

Joescoundrel
09-27-2008, 08:31 AM
JRU just made this a Series.

Drawing great performances from center James Sena and forward Jayson Nocom on offense, and getting tough defense from guard John Njei and swingman Maui Pradas, the Heavy Bombers outlasted defending champion San Beda 62-60 in Game 2.

Pradas and Njei houded the two best-scoring Red Lions - swingman Ogie Menor and pointguard Pong Escobal - to set the tone on defense early for JRU. Sena and Nocom then went to work on the scoring end, conspiring on a lot og high pick and rolls as well as two-man passing sets.

With forward John Wilson and pointguard Jay Bulangis delivering every where else as needed the Heavy Bombers went up as much as 10 at 26-16 late in the second period. Escobal, Menor and forward-center JR Taganas however kept San Beda in it with their one on one play.

Sam Ekwe wasn't of much use to the San Beda cause though as he suffered from early foul trouble, picking up his fourth with still the greater balance of the third quarter. He finally fouled out with just under five minutes left after he bumped Sena on a hard drive.

In the last minute and a half it became a war of attrition with JRU hanging on to a precarious 62-58 lead. Escobal sank two freethrows to pull the Red Lions within 60-62. JRU failed to get a basket on the return play with some eight seconds left. Escobal however once again clanked a long trey attempt that sealed the win for JRU.

mrard
09-27-2008, 03:23 PM
see you all on monday at the araneta.:)

stonecold316
09-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Olats JRU, sayang talaga!

(NCAA Update) San Beda wins 3rd championship
09/29/2008 | 05:12 PM
Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us
MANILA, Philippines – This was supposed to be the most challenging season San Beda ever faced in its championship reign.

But all the Red Lions needed was to get everyone involved for just one important game – the finals clincher.

Shaky and at times vulnerable early in the tournament, San Beda played perfect basketball Monday to beat Jose Rizal University 85-69 and win its third straight National Collegiate Athletic Association men’s basketball championship at the Araneta Coliseum.

It was a balanced effort by the Red Lions who appeared to have waited for the last game of the season for everyone to come together.

And it came at the perfect time with the Red Lions’ season and their reign on the line.

The result? College ball’s new dynasty validated.

“It was a season of highs and lows for us but that’s what makes this championship even sweeter," coach Frankie Lim said.

“But I never doubted this team. I’m with them almost everyday. I practice with them and I know them by heart. If there’s anybody who knows what this team is capable of doing, it’s me."

Sam Ekwe, the league MVP, led five Red Lions in double digits with 21 points, 13 coming in the first half where San Beda established a lead that it protected until the final buzzers.

Ogie Menor finished with 18 points, 13 in the second half.

James Sena finished with 24 points to pace JRU. – GMANews.TV

clutchjedi
09-30-2008, 10:17 AM
just wanted to ask, sino yung mga, um, older people who joined the cheering squad during the halftime cheers? were they school officials, former athletes, or former cheerleaders? parang may years pa sa jacket nila, mga 1970's.

kakatuwa to see them help support their school* :)

nastrans
09-30-2008, 01:32 PM
They are former cheerleaders nung JRC days.

Yung daw ginawa nilang dance e ginagawa daw before.

KingRedLion
10-01-2008, 04:33 PM
If I'm not mistaken, yun yata yung Bingo J na cheer nila. Kita naman natin, ever since the good ole days ng NCAA ang quality ng cheering ng JRU. They're the cheerleading champions for nothing.

:-[ ;)

¡ánimo San Beda! DynasTHREE Fulfilled! FOURward!

mrard
10-04-2008, 02:23 PM
That BINGO cheer really pumps up the JRU crowd everytime it is played. AFAIK, cheerleaders lang ang pwede magsayaw ng BINGO per se although tinuturo din sa pep:)