PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Blazers (plus those playing in the PBA, PBL, Liga)

bossman
08-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Just some thought about who is the greatest Blazer of all time!

bossman
08-16-2008, 10:31 AM
For me it would be Sunday Salvacion. Knowing his work ethic and desire to improve every time makes him the best Blazer to me. I think CSB should give him honor by retiring his jersey. He is the first MVP coming from CSB and I really think he deserves it.

Get_Blazed
08-16-2008, 08:37 PM
For me it would be Sunday Salvacion. Knowing his work ethic and desire to improve every time makes him the best Blazer to me. I think CSB should give him honor by retiring his jersey. He is the first MVP coming from CSB and I really think he deserves it.

I echo your thoughts. And I second the motion of retiring his jersey. After all, he deserves it. He is CSB's first(of two) MVPs and he gave us our lone championship to boot. I had only seen games of him from 2002 and I can only wish I could see CSB's championship game of 2000. He even dunked twice during that 2002 semi-final game versus PCU. I root for Ginebra because Sunday plays for them(just wishing he would get more playing time). The only thing I dont really like is that I never see him watching CSB's game. Atleast Jondan Salvador was present at the NCAA opening(Sunday was also invited).

Other CSB greats include Salvador(Purefoods), Al Magpayo, and Jay Sagad.

p.s. whatever happened to the latter 2?

bossman
08-17-2008, 10:47 PM

I echo your thoughts. And I second the motion of retiring his jersey. After all, he deserves it. He is CSB's first(of two) MVPs and he gave us our lone championship to boot. I had only seen games of him from 2002 and I can only wish I could see CSB's championship game of 2000. He even dunked twice during that 2002 semi-final game versus PCU. I root for Ginebra because Sunday plays for them(just wishing he would get more playing time). The only thing I dont really like is that I never see him watching CSB's game. Atleast Jondan Salvador was present at the NCAA opening(Sunday was also invited).

If you just saw the heydays of Sunday you would be in awe. Seeing it live, it's so exciting. He can keep you guessing. One play he will just shoot a triple, next play he would be dunking in the face of the defenders. What I love about with Sunday is the in spite of his stature during that time, he is very humble!

Get_Blazed
08-18-2008, 01:53 PM
If you just saw the heydays of Sunday you would be in awe. Seeing it live, it's so exciting. He can keep you guessing. One play he will just shoot a triple, next play he would be dunking in the face of the defenders. What I love about with Sunday is the in spite of his stature during that time, he is very humble!

Siguro because being provinciano is one factor why he is humble. Sayang underused siya ng Ginebra.

One Blazer who is not afraid to show how he feels and is notorious for being in fights is Jondan Salvador. Though he is enjoying more success in terms of playing time and exposure in the pros.

Joescoundrel
08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Speaking of great Blazers, where the heck is Jay Sagad? He seems to be the NCAA MVP that is just at the tips of every one's tongues in hoop trivia discussions.

As to the topic, I'd say it would have to be Sunday Salvacion too. He's had the best career thus far in the PBA and he was the MVP the only time St Benilde won the NCAA championship.

bossman
08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Speaking of great Blazers, where the heck is Jay Sagad? He seems to be the NCAA MVP that is just at the tips of every one's tongues in hoop trivia discussions.

As to the topic, I'd say it would have to be Sunday Salvacion too. He's had the best career thus far in the PBA and he was the MVP the only time St Benilde won the NCAA championship.

Jay Sagad is now in the US with his family.

nastrans
08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Sunday's role with Ginebra fits him, he has evolved in the pro ranks as an outside gunner.

Jay Sagad from the moment Welcoat picked him was not primed to play well in the pros, undersized siya as a big man and the Dragons even paid him higher than Jay-Arr Reyes I believe.

Joescoundrel
08-19-2008, 12:30 AM
How about another great Blazers big man, forgot his name though, same team as Salvacion, can't recall if the surname is Capati or Canapi. I think it was Ron Capati. Where is this guy now? He was one heck of a force underneath, a taller, stronger and more athletic version of Jerwin Gaco.

The_Big_Cat
08-19-2008, 10:32 AM
How about another great Blazers big man, forgot his name though, same team as Salvacion, can't recall if the surname is Capati or Canapi. I think it was Ron Capati. Where is this guy now? He was one heck of a force underneath, a taller, stronger and more athletic version of Jerwin Gaco.

Ronald Capati. Nasa Liga Pilipinas na yata siya. He used to play for Toyota in the PBL.

JonarSabilano
08-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Capati and Salvacion.

christian
08-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Last year/s ni Elvis Tolentino, he was able to lead that team at the pg position.

King_stag
08-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Jondan Salvador. Has a steady Jumper and solid footwork, uses his heft to bully his way to the heart of the D ;D

bossman
08-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Last year/s ni Elvis Tolentino, he was able to lead that team at the pg position.

Yeah he led CSB in assists even though he comes of the bench! 5.3 PPG if I'm not mistaken. Number one for 2002 season.

Get_Blazed
08-19-2008, 06:03 PM

Actually sir, he was MVP in 2002, the year CSB was defeated by SSC-R in the finals.

Benilde was champion in 2000.

Get_Blazed
08-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Jondan Salvador. Has a steady Jumper and solid footwork, uses his heft to bully his way to the heart of the D ;D

And this had caused many times before, near fistfights. :D

Get_Blazed
08-19-2008, 06:07 PM
The name is familiar but who is Ron Capati, really? And I have never heard of Tolentino. What year/s did they play? Gotta go watch old NCAA tapes in the LRC(library)! ;D

The_Big_Cat
08-19-2008, 06:08 PM
The name is familiar but who is Ron Capati, really? And I have never heard of Tolentino. What year/s did they play? Gotta go watch old NCAA tapes in the LRC(library)! ;D

Bata ka pa nga. ;D :D

bossman
08-19-2008, 06:10 PM

Wala naman ganun before. Expect emotions to be high in practice but its just all the talk. It is not in the Blazers family kung may ganun pangyayari.

bossman
08-19-2008, 06:13 PM

He is the off the bench point guard of Coach Dong. He wears number 7 jersey. The guy plays with a lot of heart. He is known to be a fighter in the court.

King_stag
08-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Jondan Salvador. Has a steady Jumper and solid footwork, uses his heft to bully his way to the heart of the D* ;D

-when he is posting up, it's almost a sure bucket. He made his defenders look like a tin can ;D he's not that tall though.

Ron Capati - He is from pampanga, entered CSB with Al Magpayo (i think they came from the same hs), Has a solid Built and uses it well to finish plays, he also has a soft touch from 15.

Get_Blazed
08-19-2008, 07:01 PM
-when he is posting up, it's almost a sure bucket. He made his defenders look like a tin can ;D he's not that tall though.

Ron Capati - He is from pampanga, entered CSB with Al Magpayo (i think they came from the same hs), Has a solid Built and uses it well to finish plays, he also has a soft touch from 15.

I believe Sunday is from Altabago, Pampanga. ;)

Joescoundrel
08-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Ron Capati is in the 6'4" to 6'5" range, maybe 200 to 210 pounds, solidly built, broad shouldered, brought a lot of unheralded but effective muscle in the paint, battled for every rebound, had some pretty solid low post moves, could nail a jumpshot here and there. That is why I liken him to former Lasalle power forward Jerwin Gaco, although Capati is clearly bigger than Gaco, and Capati is also a better scorer overall.

Were swingmen Mark Magsumbol and Jay Lapinid on that same St Benilde championship team? If they were imagine a core of Magsi, Jay-L, Sunday, Capati, Magpayo and Bodiong, and I think Lou Gatumbato was their pointguard. Hard to imagine any team winning against these guys.

bossman
08-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Ron Capati is in the 6'4" to 6'5" range, maybe 200 to 210 pounds, solidly built, broad shouldered, brought a lot of unheralded but effective muscle in the paint, battled for every rebound, had some pretty solid low post moves, could nail a jumpshot here and there. That is why I liken him to former Lasalle power forward Jerwin Gaco, although Capati is clearly bigger than Gaco, and Capati is also a better scorer overall.

Were swingmen Mark Magsumbol and Jay Lapinid on that same St Benilde championship team? If they were imagine a core of Magsi, Jay-L, Sunday, Capati, Magpayo and Bodiong, and I think Lou Gatumbato was their pointguard. Hard to imagine any team winning against these guys.

Wala na si Lou during the championship season..

bossman
08-19-2008, 11:22 PM

Sunday is from Surigao!

bossman
08-19-2008, 11:24 PM

Ron Capati - He is from pampanga, entered CSB with Al Magpayo (i think they came from the same hs), Has a solid Built and uses it w
ell to finish plays, he also has a soft touch from 15.

Al is from Lourdes School and Ronald is from Pampanga. Al has spent a year with UST team B.

bossman
08-19-2008, 11:40 PM

Our Blazers family has never been liked that. If you heard that from anyone please just correct him. We play hard, give it all and we show emotions but we do not fight with each other!

christian
08-20-2008, 01:11 PM

Batang bata pa nga ;D Elvis Tolentino, anak ni Loreto Tolentino of UM (Champion coach of PCU, ROY-MVP G. Espinas 2005)

christian
08-20-2008, 01:14 PM
One of those players was Jay Lapinid, team B of San Beda (1997) Dong brought him to Benilde when he transferred from SBC to CSB, part of the champion team. Baka makapag-fill in pa si sir bossman dyan :)

bossman
08-20-2008, 01:24 PM
One of those players was Jay Lapinid, team B of San Beda (1997) Dong brought him to Benilde when he transferred from SBC to CSB, part of the champion team. Baka makapag-fill in pa si sir bossman dyan :)

Jay Lapinid is a very gifted swingman. Not gifted with athletic grace but very cerebral. He starts at small forward but can play different positions. He left early for PBL nga lang.

Get_Blazed
08-20-2008, 04:17 PM

Sunday is from Surigao!

Si Jayjay ata yung galing Pampanga.

Get_Blazed
08-20-2008, 04:22 PM

Our Blazers family has never been liked that. If you heard that from anyone please just correct him. We play hard, give it all and we show emotions but we do not fight with each other!

I was actually referring to him being involved in a lot of heated moments in the PBA.

bchoter
08-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Di ba coach din ng Blazers yung older Tolentino nung last playing years ng anak niya.

AltarBoy^_^
08-21-2008, 02:43 AM
Hindi, sa University of Manila si Coach Tolentino. Si Coach Dong V ang nag-handle sa Blazers team nung nandun pa anak ni Coach Tolentino tapos nag-coach sa PCU at ginawang assistant ang anak niya. ;D

King_stag
08-21-2008, 06:33 AM

I echo your thoughts. And I second the motion of retiring his jersey. After all, he deserves it. He is CSB's first(of two) MVPs and he gave us our lone championship to boot. I had only seen games of him from 2002 and I can only wish I could see CSB's championship game of 2000. He even dunked twice during that 2002 semi-final game versus PCU. I root for Ginebra because Sunday plays for them(just wishing he would get more playing time). The only thing* I dont really like is that I never see him watching CSB's game. Atleast Jondan Salvador was present at the NCAA opening(Sunday was also invited).

-Would you guys believe that his first choice in CSB was volleyball? and he's good at it. ;)

Joescoundrel
08-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Was ROLLY Menor a Blazer? This is Ogie Menor's older brother.

What ever became of JA Coching and Christian Cabatu?

bchoter
08-21-2008, 01:31 PM
^ Yes, Rolly played for CSB while the other brother played for PCU.

bossman
08-21-2008, 02:07 PM

Romar and Rolly Menor played for the Blazers! Both are feisty and physical players. JA Coching was one of the best off guards of CSB. He can shoot, pass and defend well.

Get_Blazed
08-21-2008, 02:20 PM
-Would you guys believe that his first choice in CSB was volleyball? and he's good at it. ;)

The story was that he actually tried out for the Blazers' basketball team, pero hindi umabot. Tapos since CSB had no team B at the time, he was placed sa volleyball team muna. Which actually improved his jumping and ability to block shots. :)

bchoter
08-21-2008, 02:37 PM

Romar and Rolly Menor plated for the Blazers! Both are feisty and physical players. JA Coching was one of the best off guards of CSB. He can shoot, pass and defend well.
I stand corrected. Basta one of them left for the MBA early.

bossman
08-21-2008, 02:39 PM

Romar and Rolly Menor plated for the Blazers! Both are feisty and physical players. JA Coching was one of the best off guards of CSB. He can shoot, pass and defend well.
I stand corrected. Basta one of them left for the MBA early.

Rolly left early. Romar played until 2001.

AltarBoy^_^
08-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Anyway, Oliver Agapito is the first Benildean to go pro in the PBA. I think he was one of the players recruited to form the first basketball team ng CSB back nung mga early 90s when CSB was still playing in the NCRAA (or another minor league). Even before Coach Caloy Garcia and Ernie Tuadles pa siya naglaro. He was the best in his prime in CSB. ;D

JonarSabilano
08-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Hindi ba si Matt Makalintal ang unang nag-PBA? Although he played 1-2, I remember his name being mentioned as a replacement player for a certain San Miguel center.

Say, can someone refer Jay Sagad to our men's national volleyball team? I can just imagine a spiking trio of the 6'7" guy from DLSU-Dasma, Sagad, and Nkemakolam in the SEA Games.

bossman
08-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Hindi ba si Matt Makalintal ang unang nag-PBA? Although he played 1-2, I remember his name being mentioned as a replacement player for a certain San Miguel center.

Say, can someone refer Jay Sagad to our men's national volleyball team? I can just imagine a spiking trio of the 6'7" guy from DLSU-Dasma, Sagad, and Nkemakolam in the SEA Games.

Matt is a point guard na nag flight attendant for PAL..

bossman
08-22-2008, 05:00 PM

Matt is a point guard na nag pilot or flight attendant for PAL..

AltarBoy^_^
08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Yeah I recall Makalintal playing before pero hindi yata siya tumagal compared kay Oliver Agapito. Baka magka-batch pa sila sa team. Research pa tayo! ;D

bossman
08-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Ah sila yun mga una talaga na Blazers. One notable Blzaer that time is si Mike Garcia. If you guys remember sya yun sa Laguna Lakers. They called him the flying carpet because he has a great hang time.

The_Big_Cat
08-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Oliver Agapito played in the MBA for the Pangasinan Presidents coached by Dong Vergeire.
Kaliwete din parehas ni Jondan Salvador.

joelex
08-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Ah sila yun mga una talaga na Blazers. One notable Blzaer that time is si Mike Garcia. If you guys remember sya yun sa Laguna Lakers. They called him the flying carpet because he has a great hang time.

so CSB pala sya. I remember him for his hops really, great dunker during his time.

bossman
08-22-2008, 11:51 PM

so CSB pala sya. I remember him for his hops really, great dunker during his time.

Yeah! He could dunk on you in your face. He's style is wearing shoes that have black and white color! During games you could see that he is wearing white shoes on right and black on left but same model.

christian
08-23-2008, 11:32 PM

Yeah! He could dunk on you in your face. He's style is wearing shoes that have black and white color! During games you could see that he is wearing white shoes on right and black on left but same model.

^Shades of Buboy Tanigue?

Hindi ba meron din sa Letran na Michael Garcia? Slam dunk champion din yata yun? ???

bossman
08-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Year 2000 Champion Line Up of CSB

4-Ron Capati
5-Jondan Salvador
6-Eric Cruz
7-Elvis Tolentino
8-Sunday Salvacion
9-Al Magpayo
10-Boying Diloy
11-Unik Reyes
12-Dino Perlas
13-Romar Menor
14-Mark Magsumbol
15-Titus Mendoza
16-Jay Lapinid
17-Sonny Castro
18-JA Coching

Coach: Dong Vergeire
Asst Coaches:
Sen Dysangco
Ronel Leuterio
Dino Enrile

Team Support Group:
Jello Nedira
Edgar Maraya
Armando Arceo

Joescoundrel
08-25-2008, 12:14 AM
^ Is that Boying Diloy related to BOBBY Diloy of UE...?

christian
08-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Nakalimutan ko si Lou Gatumbato, hayup din maglaro yan. Hindi lang ako sure kung nag abot sila ni Omar Asmad ng PCU.

bossman
08-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Nakalimutan ko si Lou Gatumbato, hayup din maglaro yan. Hindi lang ako sure kung nag abot sila ni Omar Asmad ng PCU.

Nag abot sila! 1999 season. Lou the man yun. Grabe galing.

King_stag
08-25-2008, 10:33 PM

Where does he play now? i noticed the similar style of play with raymond maconocido (stags), they both have jets and uses the glass efficiently.

bossman
08-25-2008, 10:35 PM

Where does he play now? i noticed the similar style of play with raymond maconocido (stags), they both have jets and uses the glass efficiently.

He is now in Liga Pilipinas. Ang team nya is Taguig Batang Global. He still got everything. He aged a bit nga lang..

bossman
08-27-2008, 11:31 PM
^ Is that Boying Diloy related to BOBBY Diloy of UE...?

They are cousins boy!

a_ron
08-27-2008, 11:32 PM
pina ka matigas na CSb , no one bets Lou Gatumbato,

bossman
08-27-2008, 11:35 PM
pina ka matigas na CSb , no one bets Lou Gatumbato,

Lou is the best for point guard!

nastrans
08-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Hindi ba't nakickout sila Gatumbato and si coach Caloy sa team around 1999? I'm not sure if that was indeed the incident pero yun ang rinig ko noon.

At oo si Unik Reyes kasama sa 2000 title team ng Benilde and the 2002 Finals team nila. I even played against him one time (nasa Benilde pa siya nun) during a high school foundation day exhibition, ang laking mama mismatch ako.

bossman
08-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Hindi ba't nakickout sila Gatumbato and si coach Caloy sa team around 1999? I'm not sure if that was indeed the incident pero yun ang rinig ko noon.

At oo si Unik Reyes kasama sa 2000 title team ng Benilde and the 2002 Finals team nila. I even played against him one time (nasa Benilde pa siya nun) during a high school foundation day exhibition, ang laking mama mismatch ako.

Lou and Caloy did not continue the NCAA season of 1999 because of a protest. They were not kicked out. Both of them even graduated!

King_stag
08-30-2008, 06:42 AM
how 'bout jay coching? he's a good shooter ;)

bossman
08-30-2008, 11:40 AM
how 'bout jay coching? he's a good shooter ;)

JA Coching is a very good shooter. He is streaky during his time. If he starts well, he ends well. If he starts bad, its very bad game for him. Knows how to defend players in his position and has a lot of hustle.

bossman
08-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Any thoughts on it?

Get_Blazed
08-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Actually nadidiscuss narin to sa kabilang thread eh. Dun sa "Who do you think is the best Blazer of all time? Even during the pre NCAA days". Medyo magiging redundant na to eh. Close na natin sir anton?

bossman
08-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Actually nadidiscuss narin to sa kabilang thread eh. Dun sa "Who do you think is the best Blazer of all time? Even during the pre NCAA days". Medyo magiging redundant na to eh. Close na natin sir anton?

Actually mga nag pros ang usapan dito. Dun is the all time Blazers. Alam naman natin kahit magaling ka baka hindi ka makapasok sa pros..

nastrans
08-31-2008, 12:35 AM
Lou and Caloy did not continue the NCAA season of 1999 because of a protest. They were not kicked out. Both of them even graduated!

What was the protest all about? And thanks for the clarification btw :)

AltarBoy^_^
08-31-2008, 08:36 PM
I think it's because of their player eligibilities. I think Caloy and Lou were beyond the playing years required by NCAA and MANCOM had to investigate their length of stay in the Blazers team.

I am speculating as to how long they stayed but I guess the mandated rule is 5 years and I think Lou and Coach Caloy were in their 4th or 5th year in the team by the 1998 season of the NCAA. Either that or their age was the hindrance. Too bad, we could've been contenders at that time. Junie Lopez, Jay Lapinid and Mikko Santos were the only players when we started in the league. Luckily, Jay Lapinid was still in the roster when we captured our first crown. ;D

bossman
08-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Chris Cabatu humabol na din pala!

bossman
08-31-2008, 11:00 PM
I think it's because of their player eligibilities. I think Caloy and Lou were beyond the playing years required by NCAA and MANCOM had to investigate their length of stay in the Blazers team.

I am speculating as to how long they stayed but I guess the mandated rule is 5 years and I think Lou and Coach Caloy were in their 4th or 5th year in the team by the 1998 season of the NCAA. Either that or their age was the hindrance. Too bad, we could've been contenders at that time. Junie Lopez, Jay Lapinid and Mikko Santos were the only players when we started in the league. Luckily, Jay Lapinid was still in the roster when we captured our first crown. ;D

Then problem they had is they played PBL after the CSB's maiden season. During that time NCAA was tight with rules in playing for PBL. During that time it was three years. After their rookie season they played and that was contested by the other teams.

The_Big_Cat
09-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Then problem they had is they played PBL after the CSB's maiden season. During that time NCAA was tight with rules in playing for PBL. During that time it was three years. After their rookie season they played and that was contested by the other teams.

Yes you're correct. You cannot play in any collegiate league NCAA or UAAP when you have already played in a commercial league like the PBL.

Another example is Aries Dimaunahan of UST. He played for the PBL for a conference and then transferred to UST. He was not allowed to play in the UAAP because of that infringement.

If you will go back much further, La Salle's Luis "Noli" Locsin was disqualified in the UAAP sometime in the early 90s (1992 yata) because he already played in one commercial league in Bacolod. He participated in one summer league in Bacolod while he was already in La Salle. Subsequently, all the games where Locsin played have to be forfeited Mga 4 games that La Salle won was forfeited. Off course Noli Locsin had a stellar career in the PBA. He was the number 1 pick over-all in the 1994 PBA draft by Ginebra.

bossman
09-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Yes you're correct. You cannot play in any collegiate league NCAA or UAAP when you have already played in a commercial league like the PBL.

Another example is Aries Dimaunahan of UST. He played for the PBL for a conference and then transferred to UST. He was not allowed to play in the UAAP because of that infringement.

If you will go back much further, La Salle's Luis "Noli" Locsin was disqualified in the UAAP sometime in the early 90s (1992 yata) because he already played in one commercial league in Bacolod. He participated in one summer league in Bacolod while he was already in La Salle. Subsequently, all the games where Locsin played have to be forfeited Mga 4 games that La Salle won was forfeited. Off course Noli Locsin had a stellar career in the PBA. He was the number 1 pick over-all in the 1994 PBA draft by Ginebra.

Because of the penalty CSB forfeited their 2-0 start during that time.

untamed
09-02-2008, 06:29 PM
well sunday is a prime candidate. coching also.

but i read somewhere before, jun limpot use to study at csb but played with sister school dlsu. will you considered him a blazer?

Get_Blazed
09-02-2008, 09:23 PM

San?

Get_Blazed
09-02-2008, 09:35 PM

but i read somewhere before, jun limpot use to study at csb but played with sister school dlsu. will you considered him a blazer?

Both Noli Locsin and Jun Limpot were Benildeans. Though we cannot consider them to be Blazers because they chose to play for the "other" school across us. The other league later imposed a rule that CSB students cannot anymore be considered enrolled in DLSU. Especially after CSB became autonomous. Thus, the Blazers were born. :)

bossman
09-02-2008, 09:53 PM

San?

Sta Lucia 20th pick.

Get_Blazed
09-02-2008, 10:01 PM

San?

Sta Lucia 20th pick.

Wow, panu nangyari yun, eh hindi naman maganda pinakita nya nung Season 83? Sobrang inconsistent. He didnt even live up to our expectations.

bossman
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM

San?

Sta Lucia 20th pick.

Wow, panu nangyari yun, eh hindi naman maganda pinakita nya nung Season 83? Sobrang inconsistent. He didnt even live up to our expectations.

Its all about the potentials! He got something that you might not be seeing. It is a coaches call.

Get_Blazed
09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Its all about the potentials! He got something that you might not be seeing. It is a coaches call.

Probably. Speaking of which, reminds me of Paolo Orbeta. Sayang, he could be of of those drafted.

Happy for Cabatu, another Blazer goes Pro. Wishing him luck for professional his career.:)

bossman
09-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Makalintal-SMB
Gatumbato-MBA
C.Garcia-MBA
M.Garcia-MBA
Salvacion-Ginebra
Magsumbol-USBL, Sta Lucia, Air 21
Capati-Coca Cola
Salvador-Purefoods
Magpayo-Drafted Purefoods
Cabatu-Drafted Sta Lucia

Get_Blazed
09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Makalintal-SMB
Gatumbato-MBA
C.Garcia-MBA
M.Garcia-MBA
Salvacion-Ginebra
Capati-Coca Cola
Salvador-Purefoods
Cabatu-Drafted Sta Lucia

A lot of questions.

Who's Makalintal? Active player?

MBA? Di ba wala na to? San na sila ngayon?

Magpayo nag-draft nanaman??

And lastly, any Blazers in Liga? :)

bossman
09-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Makalintal-SMB
Gatumbato-MBA
C.Garcia-MBA
M.Garcia-MBA
Salvacion-Ginebra
Capati-Coca Cola
Salvador-Purefoods
Cabatu-Drafted Sta Lucia

A lot of questions.

Who's Makalintal? Active player?

MBA? Di ba wala na to? San na sila ngayon?

Magpayo nag-draft nanaman??

And lastly, any Blazers in Liga? :)

Matt Makalintal is the first player of CSB to make it into the PBA. He played for SMB in the 90's. Al Magpayo was drafted 12th overall in the 2005 PBA draft but he never got to play. Blazers that are playing now in Liga Pilipinas are Mark Magsumbol, Louie Abad, Unik Reyes, Cabatu and Rap Ripalda.

Get_Blazed
09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Matt Makalintal is the first player of CSB to make it into the PBA. He played for SMB in the 90's. Al Magpayo was drafted 12th overall in the 2005 PBA draft but he never got to play. Blazers that are playing now in Liga Pilipinas are Mark Magsumbol, Louie Abad, Unik Reyes, Cabatu and Rap Ripalda.

Where is Makalintal and especially Magpayo nowadays? ???

Other Blazers who applied but were left undrafted:
Juan Luis Abad
Jan Anthony Coching
Unik Christian Reyes

bossman
09-03-2008, 08:58 PM

Where is Makalintal and especially Magpayo nowadays? ???

Other Blazers who applied but were left undrafted:
Juan Luis Abad
Jan Anthony Coching
Unik Christian Reyes

We do not know the whereabouts of Makalintal for now. Magpayo will be suiting up again in the PBL this coming conference.

Get_Blazed
09-03-2008, 09:24 PM
We do not know the whereabouts of Makalintal for now. Magpayo will be suiting up again in the PBL this coming conference.

What team? Wala ba siyang plans to go Pro?

And kamusta naman performance sa Liga nung 3 undrafted Blazers mentioned above? Any idea? ;)

bossman
09-03-2008, 09:27 PM

What team? Wala ba siyang plans to go Pro?

And kamusta naman performance sa Liga nung 3 undrafted Blazers mentioned above? Any idea? ;)

San Mig Coffee is Al's team. It depends on the management of San Miguel na yun. They are the farm team of the San Miguel Group. Louie Abad and Unik Reyes are the two playing now in Liga and they are doing quite well..

Get_Blazed
09-03-2008, 09:33 PM
San Mig Coffee is Al's team. It depends on the management of San Miguel na yun. They are the farm team of the San Miguel Group. Louie Abad and Unik Reyes are the two playing now in Liga and they are doing quite well..

Sana mag-Pro na din si Al.

Eh si Coching ba wala sa Liga? MAy chance pa naman silang 3 kahit di na draft, pwede sila masign pa diba?

bossman
09-03-2008, 09:39 PM

Sana mag-Pro na din si Al.

Eh si Coching ba wala sa Liga? MAy chance pa naman silang 3 kahit di na draft, pwede sila masign pa diba?

Pang potential pro talaga si Al if not for his freak injury in the PBL in 2005, potential first rounder sya nun. JA Coching naman from the last time I heard nag try out for Liga din. All 3 of them can sign with any team pag nagustuhan sila ng mga coaches

Get_Blazed
09-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Pang potential pro talaga si Al if not for his freak injury in the PBL in 2005, potential first rounder sya nun. JA Coching naman from the last time I heard nag try out for Liga din. All 3 of them can sign with any team pag nagustuhan sila ng mga coaches

Good luck to them, then.

If you would also consider the PBL as one of the "big: leagues, then Kris Robles should count too. ;)

bossman
09-03-2008, 10:09 PM

Good luck to them, then.

If you would also consider the PBL as one of the "big: leagues, then Kris Robles should count too. ;)

Nah! Liga and PBA nalang. kahit sino naman ata college players basta na isponsor yun team sa PBL makakalaro even if they do not deserve it.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Nah! Liga and PBA nalang. kahit sino naman ata college players basta na isponsor yun team sa PBL makakalaro even if they do not deserve it.

In all fairness to Kris Robles, he tried out for Noosa Shoes last year when he graduated from Benilde. Nakuha sya as starting point guard nitong new team(formerly Blu Detergent/Shark Energy Drink). Hindi yung tipong package deal like Welcoat-CSB before.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Major NCAA Awards, awarded to former Blazers(not aware of Mythical 5 selections, so help me out):
1999 ROY Sunday Salvacion
2000 ROY Al Magpayo
2000 Finals MVP Mark Magsumbol
2002 MVP Sunday Salvacion
2005 MVP Jayjay Sagad

Who's next?

AltarBoy^_^
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
2007 - MVP Paolo Orbeta (Most Valuable Point-Shaver) :o

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 05:42 PM
2007 - MVP Paolo Orbeta (Most Valuable Point-Shaver) :o

Ouch. :o

The_Big_Cat
09-04-2008, 05:45 PM
2007 - MVP Paolo Orbeta (Most Valuable Point-Shaver)* :o

:D :D

bossman
09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Major NCAA Awards, awarded to former Blazers(not aware of Mythical 5 selections, so help me out):
2000 ROY Al Magpayo
2005 MVP Jayjay Sagad

Who's next?

Jondan Salvador-Mythical 5 2001

bossman
09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Dami talaga CSB Blazers deserve to play in the PBL. But because of politics in CSB they were not able to make it. Buti pa mga taga ibang NCAA schools kinukuha at babad pa sa kanila before.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Dami talaga CSB Blazers deserve to play in the PBL. But because of politics in CSB they were not able to make it. Buti pa mga taga ibang NCAA schools kinukuha at babad pa sa kanila before.

Wala na bang tie-up programs ang PBL sa mga colleges? Pwedeng makatulong ito sa team kahit in a small way by practicing with good players, experience padin. Dagdag pa kung makalaro.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 08:14 PM
So its:
2000 ROY Al Magpayo
2001 Mythical Five Selection Jondan Salvador
2005 MVP Jayjay Sagad

Meron pa ba?

bossman
09-04-2008, 10:02 PM

Wala na bang tie-up programs ang PBL sa mga colleges? Pwedeng makatulong ito sa team kahit in a small way by practicing with good players, experience padin. Dagdag pa kung makalaro.

Can it help? definitely makakasira ng program to. Ask what is the internal story sa CSB about that PBL thing.

Get_Blazed
09-05-2008, 05:11 PM

Can it help? definitely makakasira ng program to. Ask what is the internal story sa CSB about that PBL thing.

Okay, enlighten us.

bossman
09-05-2008, 11:40 PM

Okay, enlighten us.

Alam mo ba bakit sila nag away away about that PBL thing? First, Hindi sila gamit pag dating PBL season. Its also BS talk. Second, Intrigues are sown in them by insiders mismu. They know who they are kaya nag kaka faction yun team. Lastly, they are being made to look stupid about their PBL thing. If you look into it, these are the reason why are the players not playing well last season.

Get_Blazed
09-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Alam mo ba bakit sila nag away away about that PBL thing? First, Hindi sila gamit pag dating PBL season. Its also BS talk. Second, Intrigues are sown in them by insiders mismu. They know who they are kaya nag kaka faction yun team. Lastly, they are being made to look stupid about their PBL thing. If you look into it, these are the reason why are the players not playing well last season.

I see. Its just that, if the other teams can use it to benefit them, why cant we? Why does it work for them and not for us? ???

bossman
09-06-2008, 01:45 PM

I see. Its just that, if the other teams can use it to benefit them, why cant we? Why does it work for them and not for us? ???

Siguro they can try again if they have enough players that can make a solid impact in the PBL right away

a_ron
09-08-2008, 06:19 AM
Orbeta da best

GHRanger
09-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Orbeta would've been one good player.
for CSB, Magsumbol, Salvacion, Sagad comes to mind.

Get_Blazed
09-08-2008, 06:53 PM
^Can we all agree that Paolo Orbeta was the best Blazer never to win an award? I think pwede sana sya sa most improved. Sayang talaga.

Regular Grey
09-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Orbeta??? Why? Kailan siya dapat naging Most Improved? anong Season? Anong Basis???

Get_Blazed
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Orbeta??? Why? Kailan siya dapat naging Most Improved? anong Season? Anong Basis???

He improved drastically, though he was caught for game-fixing. Lumakas talaga siya skill-wise.

Regular Grey
09-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Kung mananalo ka ng most improved, kailangan makita sa stats- like point production difference from the previous season. Kaya ka magiging Most Improved player.

Skills wise?? like - mas magaling siyang mag dribble? Mas magandang mag cross over? Mas mataas tumalon?

amdgc82
09-09-2008, 08:06 PM
So its:
2000 ROY Al Magpayo
2005 MVP Jayjay Sagad

Meron pa ba?

2002 Mythical Five Selection Sunday Salvacion
2003 Mythical Five Selection & Defensive Player Alejandro "Al" Magpayo
2004 Mythical Five Selection Ernie Jay Sagad
2005 Mythical Five Selection Ernie Jay Sagad

Get_Blazed
09-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Kung mananalo ka ng most improved, kailangan makita sa stats- like point production difference from the previous season. Kaya ka magiging Most Improved player.

Skills wise?? like - mas magaling siyang mag dribble? Mas magandang mag cross over? Mas mataas tumalon?

Kung pagbabasehan ang first few games nya last season, makikitang tumaas nga lahat ng stats nya from season 81(he skipped 82). Pero kaya nga nag-game fix allegedly. So wala na. We can never really prove anything but we all know Paolo became a better player and there are a lot of would-haves. Sayang.

Get_Blazed
09-09-2008, 08:56 PM
So its:
2000 ROY Al Magpayo
2005 MVP Jayjay Sagad

Meron pa ba?

2002 Mythical Five Selection Sunday Salvacion
2003 Mythical Five Selection & Defensive Player Alejandro "Al" Magpayo
2004 Mythical Five Selection Ernie Jay Sagad
2005 Mythical Five Selection Ernie Jay Sagad

Thanks. Also updated the wiki page of the Blazers.

bossman
09-10-2008, 10:45 PM
^Can we all agree that Paolo Orbeta was the best Blazer never to win an award? I think pwede sana sya sa most improved. Sayang talaga.

Dapat kung nag Most Improved Player sya nun 2004. After averaging 8 ppg nun 2003, naging number two sya sa scoring nun 2004 and sya pa ata ang may hawak ng season high for points na 35 ata. Kaso 2 wins lang sila nun kaya wala award..

bossman
09-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Add ko nga pla sa Rap Ripalda yun dating team B ng CSB Blazers nasa Taguig.

bossman
09-14-2008, 12:14 AM

Why did it not work? 'cause someone inside has its own personal issues..

Liga Pilipinas
10-01-2008, 03:34 AM
SAINT BENILDE BLAZERS IN LIGA PILIPINAS

The following College of Saint Benilde Blazers Team A alumni saw action in the 2008 Liga Pilipinas First Conference that ran from June 18 to September 18, 2008:

Ron Capati - Cebu Ninos - Liga Pilipinas Champions
Lou Gatumbato - Taguig Batang Global
Christian Cabatu - Ilocos Sur Bravehearts
Mark Magsumbol - Quezon Red Oilers
Unik Reyes - Zamboanga Amores (lone game played forfeited for not being on the submitted roster)

Get_Blazed
10-04-2008, 02:21 PM

The following College of Saint Benilde Blazers Team A alumni saw action in the 2008 Liga Pilipinas First Conference that ran from June 18 to September 18, 2008:

Unik Reyes - Zamboanga Amores (lone game played forfeited for not being on the submitted roster)

Thanks for updating us! Hope your league would also soon get a bigger following and a better broadcast!

PBL news: Hapee, after Ateneo pulled out, was 'forced' to pick 7 more times in the draft(not sure if it was after everyone has picked or every round?). In which one of the draft picks was used on CSB's rookie standout Chuck Dalanon. I was expecting more Blazers to get picked, especially with Coach Gee at the helm of the coaching staff. :-X

Sana kahit pati si Gelo man lang.

bossman
10-04-2008, 10:42 PM

Thanks for updating us! Hope your league would also soon get a bigger following and a better broadcast!

PBL news: Hapee, after Ateneo pulled out, was 'forced' to pick 7 more times in the draft(not sure if it was after everyone has picked or every round?). In which one of the draft picks was used on CSB's rookie standout Chuck Dalanon. I was expecting more Blazers to get picked, especially with Coach Gee at the helm of the coaching staff. :-X

Sana kahit pati si Gelo man lang.

We cannot expect CSB players to be picked easily! You know the reason? We are not a winning team. Alam mo ba nun time na nag champion yun CSB, Kahit hindi pa qualified sila Sunday, Al and Jondan Pinagkakagulahan sila ng PBL teams. Si Mark Magsumbol lang nakapag laro nun kasi sya lang pwede. Why? Only players from winning team get the attention. They will get players from losing teams if they very sensational or they really have the talent. We know we got the talent! But the scouts won't give us anytime to watch 'cause we are losing.

a_ron
10-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Mark Magsumbol can be considered one of*CSB greatest player,thou is not yet able to prove himself in the PBA but I think he really a good Player.

cub
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
SBC player? ::)

Gee Abanilla is Hapee's coach pala. Will he bring some players from CSB?

The_Big_Cat
10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Mark Magsumbol can be considered one of SBC greatest player,thou is not yet able to prove himself in the PBA but I think he really a good Player.

Saint Benilde College. ;D

Get_Blazed
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM

He brought it rookie Chuck Dalanon to Hapee. But with Ateneo returning to join the team, what would happen to the players who were drafted in anticipation of their withdrawal?? Especially Dalanon?

We hope Coach Gee would keep him because the valuable experience he might gain from the PBL would surely help the team next season. Besides our woe that Coach Gee did not bring in more Blazers to join Hapee, but thats another story altogether.