PDA

View Full Version : The New Wave Music Thread

Dark Knight
09-16-2008, 09:10 AM
This is kinda misleading but the New Wave term is much given weight in the Philippines than it is in European countries where most new wave bands came.

I started this thread hoping a lot here listen to this kind of genre and maybe i might ind some materials ive been looking for. Maybe you have old cd's to sell. ;D

So who listens to the following?

Echo And The Bunnymen
The Cure
The Railway Children
The Lotus Eaters
Psychedelic Furs
China Crisis
Wild Swans (my favorite band)
New Order
Depeche Mode
The Chameleons

........to name a few

bchoter
09-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Longing for DWXB.

The Smiths for me.

Kid Cubao
09-16-2008, 02:45 PM
mine would be:

1. blue nile--this group fronted by paul buchanan (a musical god in scotland) issues an album every seven years, and each one is outstanding. nevertheless, it's their album "hats" that really seals the deal for me. one of the most underrated recordings not only of the 80s but of all time. by the way, they enjoyed a revival of sorts after their classic "let's go out tonight," a morose, brooding song about hopelessness, was featured in the six feet under soundtrack. terminally hip.

2. china crisis--my favorites are their album "working with fire and steel" and "flaunt the imperfection." the song "you did cut me" just kills me everytime i hear it, which is, sad to say, not very often because i had it on vinyl.

3. lotus eaters--the song "first picture of you" represents the song of summer of '84, when i was an incoming high school senior. it still reverberates with meaning everytime i hear it on the radio.

Dark Knight
09-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Longing for DWXB.

The Smiths for me.

Nice choice sir. My favorite Smiths song would be The Headmaster Ritual.

DWXB is still playing on air via the internet radio. Ill post the site. And local NW band Identity Crisis' Cool Carla is still the DJ.

Dark Knight
09-16-2008, 10:49 PM
mine would be:

1. blue nile--this group fronted by paul buchanan (a musical god in scotland) issues an album every seven years, and each one is outstanding. nevertheless, it's their album "hats" that really seals the deal for me. one of the most underrated recordings not only of the 80s but of all time. by the way, they enjoyed a revival of sorts after their classic "let's go out tonight," a morose, brooding song about hopelessness, was featured in the six feet under soundtrack. terminally hip.

2. china crisis--my favorites are their album "working with fire and steel" and "flaunt the imperfection." the song "you did cut me" just kills me everytime i hear it, which is, sad to say, not very often because i had it on vinyl.

3. lotus eaters--the song "first picture of you" represents the song of summer of '84, when i was an incoming high school senior. it still reverberates with meaning everytime i hear it on the radio.

Very cool bands you mentioned. I have recorded on radio before Ble Nile's Second Act and of course, the classic Stay.

Ah yes, China Crisis. I love their No More Blue Horizons. I had their Collection but its missing my two fave songs from them. Highest High and Some People.

Lotus Eaters who held a concert here a few years back are NW classics. I love their German Girl andCan You Keep A Secret. BTW, their Bassist Kelly joined Wild Swans after they broken up.

Dark Knight
09-16-2008, 11:01 PM
May i add the following bands

The Go-Betweens
Care
Siouxie And The Banshees
The Housemartins
The Clash
The Lightning Seeds
Suzanne Vega
REM (pre Out Of Time)
U2 (up to The Joshua Tree)
Talk Talk

danny
09-17-2008, 06:36 AM
^^^
Dami kong CD ng mga yan! Yahooooo!

Eto pa:

The Care
Specials/Terry Hall/Colourfield
Weather Prophets
Jesus and Mary Chain
Midnight Oil
The The
The Call
The Fall
The Pale Fountains
The Church
Style Council
The Jam
Translator
The Cult
Big Audio Dynamite
The Waterboys
The Alarm
10,000 Maniacs

Yeah baby!

danny
09-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Alpahaville's "Forever Young" ba ang "emote" ng thread na ito. ;D

Aside form the 80s New Wave scene, some later bands are also worth mentioning like The Beautiful South fronted by Paul Heaton of the Housemartins.

Dark Knight
09-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Yes. Beautifu; South. Love their Pretty Eyes and 36D. Whatever that means. ;D

I hope you also appreciate, since you mentioned later bands, the following

The Charlatans
Inspiral carpets
Ride
Boo Radleys
Pale Saints
Love Spit Love

Good thing to know some here are wavers. ;)

techguy
09-17-2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.live365.com/stations/xb_102

they're playing joy division right now...

JonarSabilano
09-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Uy. "Love Will Tear Us Apart".

Champion!

aircanda
09-17-2008, 08:31 PM
99 Luftbaloons.. sarap sumayaw!

shyboy
09-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Den Harrow - A Taste Of Love
Marx and Spencer - Stay

shyboy
09-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I have some MP3s of these New Wave artists.

10,000 Maniacs, A-ha, Alphaville, Altered Images, April Showers, Aztec Camera, Big Audio Dynamite, Big Country, Blue Nile, Blue Zoo, Book of Love, Boomtown Rats, Cactus World News, Camouflage, China Crisis, Colors, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Dexys Midnight Runners, Echo & The Bunnymen, Eurogliders, Europeans, Eurythmics, Everything But The Girl, Fiction Factory, Flock Of Seagulls, Friends Again, Gang Of Four, Gene Loves Jezebel, General Public, Haircut 100, Human League, Icehouse, Icicle Works, Industry, Joy Division, Killing Joke, Lightning Seeds, Lloyd Cole & The Commotions, Lotus Eaters, Madness, Marc Almond, Men Without Hats, Midnight Oil, Mighty Lemon Drops, Modern English, Morrissey, Naked Eyes, Nena, New Order, OMD, Orange Juice, Pale Fountains, Prefab Sprout, Propaganda, Psychedelic Furs, Railway Children, Real Life, Red Rockers, REM, Seona Dancing, Simple Minds, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Soft Cell, Soup Dragons, Strawberry Switchblade, Style Council, Talk Talk, Tears For Fears, The Adventures, The Alarm, The Bolshoi, The Call, The Care, The Chameleons, The Church, The Clash, The Colourfield, The Cult, The Fall, The Fixx, The Flirts, The Go-Betweens, The Housemartins, The March Violets, The Primitives, The Pursuit of Happiness, The Smiths, The Sundays, The The, The Waterboys, Toad The Wet Sprocket, U2, Ultavox, Violent Femmes, Vitamin Z, Wang Chung, Wild Swans, Wire Train, X'Mal Deutschland, Yazoo.

;D

Dark Knight
09-17-2008, 10:11 PM
99 Luftbaloons.. sarap sumayaw!

Yep, there is a german version o the song since NENA is German. Her real name is Gabriela Kerner. They only produced 1 album before Nena went solo.

danny
09-18-2008, 01:33 AM
http://www.live365.com/stations/xb_102

they're playing joy division right now...

An Ian Curtis (Joy Divison) movie was released last 2007. Hope you guys can find it back there.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/418b0R6veEL._SS500_.jpg

Ayos!

danny
09-18-2008, 01:34 AM
I have some MP3s of these New Wave artists.

10,000 Maniacs, A-ha, Alphaville, Altered Images, April Showers, Aztec Camera, Big Audio Dynamite, Big Country, Blue Nile, Blue Zoo, Book of Love, Boomtown Rats, Cactus World News, Camouflage, China Crisis, Colors, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Dexys Midnight Runners, Echo & The Bunnymen, Eurogliders, Europeans, Eurythmics, Everything But The Girl, Fiction Factory, Flock Of Seagulls, Friends Again, Gang Of Four, Gene Loves Jezebel, General Public, Haircut 100, Human League, Icehouse, Icicle Works, Industry, Joy Division, Killing Joke, Lightning Seeds, Lloyd Cole & The Commotions, Lotus Eaters, Madness, Marc Almond, Men Without Hats, Midnight Oil, Mighty Lemon Drops, Modern English, Morrissey, Naked Eyes, Nena, New Order, OMD, Orange Juice, Pale Fountains, Prefab Sprout, Propaganda, Psychedelic Furs, Railway Children, Real Life, Red Rockers, REM, Seona Dancing, Simple Minds, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Soft Cell, Soup Dragons, Strawberry Switchblade, Style Council, Talk Talk, Tears For Fears, The Adventures, The Alarm, The Bolshoi, The Call, The Care, The Chameleons, The Church, The Clash, The Colourfield, The Cult, The Fall, The Fixx, The Flirts, The Go-Betweens, The Housemartins, The March Violets, The Primitives, The Pursuit of Happiness, The Smiths, The Sundays, The The, The Waterboys, Toad The Wet Sprocket, U2, Ultavox, Violent Femmes, Vitamin Z, Wang Chung, Wild Swans, Wire Train, X'Mal Deutschland, Yazoo.

;D

Whooooaaaaa! Nice!

danny
09-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Yes. Beautifu; South. Love their Pretty Eyes and 36D. Whatever that means.* ;D

I hope you also appreciate, since you mentioned later bands, the following

The Charlatans
Inspiral carpets
Ride
Boo Radleys
Pale Saints
Love Spit Love

Good thing to know some here are wavers.* ;)

Charlatans UK I dig!

Some of these UK Bands that flourished during the time of the Iron Butterfly were not just artists but* also activists. During that decade, Tatcherism was wreaking havoc to the old social democratic landscape of Britain. Some of these bands could not help but add social commentaries to their songs given the situation.

Thus we find bands taking the left-wing position. Some of more popular and vocal leftwing acts include The Clash, Style Council, and The Housemartins.

Unlike the anarchism/nihilism of the Sex Pistols, these bands are rooted in the traditional* European left.

While the Brits were doing it in UK, The Alarm was championing the cause of working class America.

The Aussies on the other hand had Midnight Oil taking the stand for the Aborigines.

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 09:27 AM
From Shyboys list, i have to disagree with Wang Chung as being New Wave. They are just Brit Pop.

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 09:30 AM
And there are bands that are anti monarchy in the UK

Housemartins - the People Who Grinned Themselves To Death
Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
And that song from the Clash

Anti God/Religion also

XTC - Dear God
Bolshoi - Sunday Morning

LION
09-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Sino kumanta ulit nung "dont you, forget about me?..don't, don't, don't don't you forget about me?" ;D

toti_mendiola
09-18-2008, 11:21 AM
The Mighty Lemon Drops
Stiff Little Fingers
The Industrial Band Kraftwerk

Sa local
Violent Playground

The_Big_Cat
09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
New Wave was also called then as Modern Rock in the early 80s.

Ito yung panahon na ang usong inumin ay yung "The Bar" tapos haluan mo ng konting Gin. And then sabayan mo ng New Wave. Ayos SOLVE NA! ;D

In the 90s, FM radio station 99.5 RT used to have a program every fridays from 9pm to midnight devoted to New Wave Music.

salsa caballero
09-18-2008, 12:07 PM
^^^ Simple Minds.

Actually, the lead singer is on record as saying that that is his least favorite song in all of their catalogue.

JonarSabilano
09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Sino kumanta ulit nung "dont you, forget about me?..don't, don't, don't don't you forget about me?"* *;D*

Ito ba yung sa Breakfast Club?

LION
09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
^^^ Simple Minds.

Actually, the lead singer is on record as saying that that is his least favorite song in all of their catalogue.

Thanks salsa. Yeah, it's Simple Mind. Heard it on the radio last night and I had difficulty recalling the band.

Ironically, that song made them famous in the US, a market which they failed to penetrate for several years. Maybe the lead singer did not like it because it was written by someone else and was offered first to Billy Idol. Simple Mind was just the 2nd or 3rd choice.

LION
09-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Sino kumanta ulit nung "dont you, forget about me?..don't, don't, don't don't you forget about me?"* *;D*

Right Jonar. Soundtrack of the movie.

danny
09-18-2008, 02:43 PM
The Mighty Lemon Drops
Stiff Little Fingers

Sa local
Violent Playground

Local?

Identity Crisis...nyak nyak nyal. Goth!

Hindi ako makakita ng CD ng Mighty Lemon Drops. Kainis! (ayaw kong bumili online ;D).

The_Big_Cat
09-18-2008, 02:49 PM
The Adventurers - "Two Rivers"
Real Life - "Catch Me, I'm Falling"
Simple Minds - "Sanctify"
The Cult - "Wildflower"
The Cure - "Killing An Arab"

danny
09-18-2008, 02:50 PM

Anti God/Religion also

XTC - Dear God
Bolshoi - Sunday Morning

Despite that Margaret Tatcher, supposedly like the music of The Smiths! *Si Iron Butterfly talaga, iba ang humor. *Maybe she enjoyed the "Headmaster *Ritual." Sadista ka ,baby! *:D

Headmaster Ritual (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI2m-EPZEJU)

Belligerent ghouls run Manchester schools, spineless swines, cemented minds.

danny
09-18-2008, 02:54 PM
The Adventurers* -* "Two Rivers"
Real Life* -* "Catch Me, I'm Falling"
Simple Minds* -* "Sanctify"
The Cult* -* "Wildflower"
The Cure* -* "Killing An Arab"

The best album of The Cure for me is "Disintegration". Hayop ang epekto sa akin. Nalulungkot ako pero natutuwa ng magkasabay. :)

danny
09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
How about Radiohead's rendition of Headmaster Ritual? ;D

Radiohead - The Headmaster Ritual (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjnGESlRNXk&NR=1)

Joy Division's Ceremony?

Radiohead - Ceremony (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_2eTj3wsA&feature=related)

8)

JonarSabilano
09-18-2008, 06:21 PM
In my playlist right now:

Joy Division:
"Love Will Tear Us Apart"

The Care:
"Chandeliers"

The Smiths:
"Tonight Has Opened My Eyes"

The Cure:
The whole Galore album

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 08:34 PM
In my playlist right now:

Joy Division:
"Love Will Tear Us Apart"

The Care:
"Chandeliers"

The Smiths:
"Tonight Has Opened My Eyes"

The Cure:
The whole Galore album

Damn that band Oranges And Lemons for disrespecting Care's Chandelier and using its intro in that soundtrack of Pinoy Big Brother.

Love Will Tear Us Apart is probably NewWave's anthem.

Yes Galore is a compilation album. I just hate their version of Pictures Of You. It was shortened compared to its original version in Disintegration.

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 08:36 PM
The Mighty Lemon Drops
Stiff Little Fingers

Sa local
Violent Playground

Kraftwerk famous for their song das Model is the influence behind Depeche Mode and OMD. OMD's name is in fact taken from one of Kraftwerks song lyrics.

Tour De France is the best for me.

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 08:39 PM
New Wave was also called then as Modern Rock in the early 80s.

Ito yung panahon na ang usong inumin ay yung "The Bar" tapos haluan mo ng konting Gin. And then sabayan mo ng New Wave. Ayos SOLVE NA!* ;D

In the 90s, FM radio station 99.5 RT used to have a program every fridays from 9pm to midnight devoted to New Wave Music.

Yes, i even recorded some of their shows. They have guest mobile bands such as Social Distortion Mobile and Central Distraction. They played rare to find bands such as Lulu Kiss Me Dead and Classics Nouveau.

89 DMZ also played Wave songs every sunday before at 10am.

Right after 102XB, 105.1 DZMZ became the official New Wave station with DJ's such as the Doctor, Tasmanian Devil and Chelle D.

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 08:40 PM
^^^ Simple Minds.

But that song made them famous in the US.

See The Lights is great and so is Alive And Kicking.

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 08:41 PM

Bukod pa yung Breakfast Club na banda who sang I'll Be There. :)

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 08:43 PM
The Mighty Lemon Drops
Stiff Little Fingers

Sa local
Violent Playground

Local?

Identity Crisis...nyak nyak nyal. Goth!

Hindi ako makakita ng CD ng Mighty Lemon Drops. Kainis! (ayaw kong bumili online ;D).

Identity Crisis is the BEST New Wave local. Even better than The dawn. I have their two albums Tale Of Two and Water Came* Running. Did you hear their Whispering Castles? What a song!!!!!!!

Sa The Dawn, i like I Stand With You. thats one hell of a guitar playing by the late Teddy Diaz.

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 08:44 PM

Anti God/Religion also

XTC - Dear God
Bolshoi - Sunday Morning

Despite that Margaret Tatcher, supposedly like the music of The Smiths! *Si Iron Butterfly talaga, iba ang humor. *Maybe she enjoyed the "Headmaster *Ritual." Sadista ka ,baby! *:D

Headmaster Ritual (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI2m-EPZEJU)

Belligerent ghouls run Manchester schools, spineless swines, cemented minds.

The Headmaster Ritual is rumoured to be base on the real life experience of Morrissey when he was still a student..

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 08:50 PM
The Mighty Lemon Drops
Stiff Little Fingers

Sa local
Violent Playground

Two of Violent Palygrounds song can be found on the compilation 10 Of Another Kind with bands such as Deans December, Under Blue Skies, Introvoys and Ethnic Faces.

Other local New Wave bands are

Mere mercy
Nursery Rhymes
Un Jour
Runaway Boys
Prycs

NU107 produced a Local NW album titled NU Rock that include The Tought, Happy Shrimps, The Sequel and Frontier.

Remember Mayrics in front of UST? New wave Days pa lang andun na yun.

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I have this feeiling na lahat ng nag post dito ay mid 30's na. :D ;D

danny
09-19-2008, 12:41 AM
I have a feeling kapag nagkitakita tayong lahat, magkakaroon ng impromptu New Wave Party. Saang bahay gagawin? Pwede ba gate crahsers? E yung mga punks, papapasukin ba? ;D

The_Big_Cat
09-19-2008, 10:43 AM
I have this feeiling na lahat ng nag post dito ay mid 30's na.* :D ;D

Hahaha !!

I recall a Filipino band Stingray, who had this one incredible hit. I just forgot the title of the song. Around 1986.
New wave siya and at first I thought it was a foreign band. One hit wonder nga lang.

LION
09-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Walang tatalo sa the Jellboys. ;D ;D ;D

techguy
09-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Remember Mayrics in front of UST? New wave Days pa lang andun na yun.

was what that other place... redrocks?

as for age, i stopped counting when i turned 30. ;D

how about those "mobiles" that played this kind of music and we used to rent before during parties... i remember forst inc was one of the best...

bchoter
09-19-2008, 12:20 PM
At malamang karamihan dito tumatahak sa EDSA tuwing Pebrero.
Mayric's and Dredd in Timog before it was bastardized in EDSA. Binky Lampano, Chicoy Pura, Noel Cabangon, Cookie Chua. Blast of the past.

In the 80's I was able to watch AMO band in pre-Pinatubo Olongapo Oktoberfest.

Jelboys amp!

as for age, i stopped counting when i turned 30.
Ako I started early :D

JonarSabilano
09-19-2008, 01:05 PM

I was there at EDSA I -- carried on my dad's shoulders. ;D

The_Big_Cat
09-19-2008, 01:17 PM

The band was initially called ANG TUNAY NA AMO. With "Running Away" as its only recognizable hit.
Buhay pa ang cassette tape ko ng AMO. ;D

bchoter
09-19-2008, 01:36 PM
^ Baligtad yata. Nauna ang AMO where they had this hit that sounds like GnR's "I'll Remember You". When they broke up the group that did not include Arnel Pineda formed Ang Tunay na AMO. Incidentally, Arnel was supposedto be my bro's house guest in the states. Unfortunately, Journey had to hit the road immediately after their concert in Houston. He gave him and his tropa back stage passes instead.

Sam Miguel
09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Which local 1980's era band sang "Imagining October"? I recall that song came out about the same time that "Enveloped Ideas" of The Dawn came out, sometime 1985 or thereabouts. They normally played these two songs almost every hour on the hour on DWXB because of that stupid regulation about local radio stations having to play at least one OPM song every hour.

bchoter
09-19-2008, 01:51 PM
That would be the Identity Crisis. There's also this solo artist who sang like a Brit pop artist. Can't remember his name...

danny
09-20-2008, 03:02 AM
Mayric's and Dredd in Timog before it was bastardized in EDSA. Binky Lampano, Chicoy Pura, Noel Cabangon, Cookie Chua. Blast of the past.

Jelboys amp!

as for age, i stopped counting when i turned 30.
Ako I started early :D

Mayric's with matching tubao!

Toti, nagbayad pa tayo nun? ;D

danny
09-20-2008, 03:10 AM

I was there at EDSA I -- carried on my dad's shoulders.* ;D

We were inside Camp Crame.* Prior to that we mostly stayed at Batasan. During the final day, sinugod namin ang Malacanang...kinabukasan.hehehe.. Yung mga aktbisitang pulahaan ang pumursiging pasukin kahit madaling araw pa lang. Handang mamatay at ibuwis ang buhay.

During the first year anniversary, I passed by the gates of Corinthian Gardens where the kids were blasting the* air* with "Ink and Paper" by Modern English.

Uso din ang Balck high cut Reebok shoes. Now way! Basta ako Army Boots at Creepers.* ;D

untamed
09-20-2008, 04:37 AM
I have a feeling kapag nagkitakita tayong lahat, magkakaroon ng impromptu New Wave Party. Saang bahay gagawin? Pwede ba gate crahsers? E yung mga punks, papapasukin ba? ;D

pwede siguro ito sir.

Yung mga wavers sa Corinthian Gardens Clubhouse
Yung mga punks sa Katrina's sa Mabini (para Slamdancing sila to the max doon w/ referee) :D

Dark Knight
09-20-2008, 02:08 PM
And i bet you all know tha local New Wave Magazine The Score. Run for 3 issues only i think but with glossy pages.

You might want to visit this international forum about New Wave.

nwoutpost.com

Gil_Andrews
09-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Walang tatalo sa the Jellboys.* * ;D* * ;D* * *;D* *

Jellboys were renamed to the Stingrays. Isang banda lang yan.

Gil_Andrews
09-20-2008, 07:15 PM
My favorite song from The Smiths is Girl Afraid and William, It Was Really Nothing.

From New Order - Leave Me Alone, Perfect Kiss, Love Vigilantes, and Subculture > versions from the Low Life Album

Also, extended version of The Killing Moon from Echo and the Bunnymen.

Who among you here have a collection of the live version of the old Depeche Mode songs specially from the Speak and Spell album?

Dark Knight
09-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I got on DVD Depeche Mode 101 and Devotion Tour.

EATB broke up when Ian McCulloch pursued a solo career spawning great songs such as Proud To Fall and Candleland.

Then formed his own band Electrifiction.

The remaining band members hired a new crooner but also never last.

Probably the greatest NO album Substance.

Bernard Sumner once formed Electronic with Smiths Johnny Marr and had a hit song Getting Away With It featuring Neil Tenent of the Pet Shop Boys on vocals.

Drummer Stephen Morris and Keyboardist Gillian Gilbert eventually got married and formed The Other Two with song Selfish.

pio_valenz
09-21-2008, 09:55 PM
I have a feeling* kapag nagkitakita tayong lahat, magkakaroon ng impromptu New Wave Party.* Saang bahay gagawin? Pwede ba gate crahsers? E yung mga punks, papapasukin ba?* ;D

pwede siguro ito sir.

Yung mga punks sa Katrina's sa Mabini (para Slamdancing sila to the max doon w/ referee)* :D

Pag natuloy ang party na ito, lahat ng wavers kaliangan nakasuot ng Shambhu shirt! I still have my first Shambhu shirt (U2) tucked away somewhere in my room in my parents' house.

My favorites: New Order, The Care, Bolshoi, The Smiths.

MP3 at CD ba kamo? Meron pa akong mga New Wave na plaka! May price tag pa yung iba: P50 for an LP purchased at the original Odyssey branch at Greenhills. ;D

Question: do you guys consider Depeche Mode to be New Wave? I always liked their songs Everything Counts, Shake the Disease and Get the Balance Right.

Dark Knight
09-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Ah yes, Shambu shirts. Rivaled by Top 40 T-Shirts. I also got one pero nawala na, how about Arte Linea shirts at Cartimar Recto? New Wave ang designs. Do you remember the 3 new wave boutiques at SM North. Eclipze who also sell LP's. High Adventure famous for their bags and Khumb Mela Boutique who sell framed NW posters.

Regarding DM, bands mature as these people are not getting younger anymore. While their early works are the real NW sound to me, their later works still has that NW sounding melodies we all crave for.

Unlike U2 who i stopped listening to after The Joshua Tree and REM after the album Green. These bands jumped the mainstream bandwagon and i let go of them.

pio_valenz
09-22-2008, 03:48 PM
^I never really considered U2 to be New Wave. I've always felt they were a rock group. They were just sort of lumped together with the other British New Wave bands that were emerging in the early '80s. But if you listen to their early work, they never had that so 80s synthesizer sound that became the trademark of New Wave. Traditional setup sila with one guitarist (Edge) and one bassist (Adam Clayton). Kung meron man silang keyboards, back-up musician lang.

gameface_one
09-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Stopped listening to Depeche Mode since they launched their Songs of Faith and Devotion Album. One can already sense the shift to Rock and the obvious influence of drugs and alcohol in their songs starting with this album.

My all-time DM favorite is But Not Tonight from the Black Celebration Album - which incidentally the locally released album did not include in its line-up but it was present in its US and European versions.

Vince Clark of Erasure used to be one of the original members and main composer of the Band until he left them after the Speak and Spell Album. Martin Gore took over the writing chores from thereon.

Now, only 3 of them remain: David Gahan, Martin Gore, and Andrew Fletcher. Alan Wilder left the group some years back right after the Songs of Faith and Devotion Album as he was disgusted by the other group members' addiction to drugs and alcohol.

danny
09-23-2008, 05:38 AM
^I never really considered U2 to be New Wave. I've always felt they were a rock group. They were just sort of lumped together with the other British New Wave bands that were emerging in the early '80s. But if you listen to their early work, they never had that so 80s synthesizer sound that became the trademark of New Wave. Traditional setup sila with one guitarist (Edge) and one bassist (Adam Clayton). Kung meron man silang keyboards, back-up musician lang.

U2 is a rock group embraced by New Wavers. Other rock groups that became part of the "new wave" play list include The Alaram, The Cult, The Call and REM among others.

Ok. Here's the question that was popular then, "What does it mean to be New Wave?". The Dawn actually said that they are not New Wave. They are New Rock. :)

Back to basics. What is New Wave?

JonarSabilano
09-23-2008, 09:13 AM
My all-time DM favorite is But Not Tonight from the Black Celebration Album - which incidentally the locally released album did not include in its line-up but it was present in its US and European versions.

I love Scott Weiland's cover of that song.

shyboy
09-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Strange no one has mentioned yet Tears For Fears. Meron pa akong Top 40 T-Shirt nila. I love the songs from their first album The Hurting. "Mad World", "Change", "Pale Shelter", "The Hurting", "Suffer The Children". Another fave of mine is their single "The Way You Are". Tandang-tanda ko pa ang MTV nyan.

LION
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
^ And "Beauty and Madness". ;)

JonarSabilano
09-23-2008, 03:57 PM
^ Di ba Fra Lippo Lippi 'yan? Also "Light and Shade".

Gil_Andrews
09-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Strange no one has mentioned yet Tears For Fears.* Meron pa akong Top 40 T-Shirt nila.* *I love the songs from their first album The Hurting.* "Mad World", "Change", "Pale Shelter", "The Hurting", "Suffer The Children".* Another fave of mine is their single "The Way You Are".* Tandang-tanda ko pa ang MTV nyan.

Tears for Fears was the epitome of New Music in the early 80s. Too bad they became commerciallized when they launched their Songs from the Big Chair album.

I still love their song "Start of the Breakdown."

For sentimental reasons, I also love listening to "Thinking of You" by the Colourfield.

How about the "Politics of Dancing" by Re-flex?

Gil_Andrews
09-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Just searched for this song. Tagal ko ng hindi narinig pero ang sarap pa rin pakinggan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0NvZ4SsXAw

It's "Walk Out to Winter" by Aztec Camera.

pio_valenz
09-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Stopped listening to Depeche Mode since they launched their Songs of Faith and Devotion Album. One can already sense the shift to Rock and the obvious influence of drugs and alcohol in their songs starting with this album.

Vince Clark of Erasure used to be one of the original members and main composer of the Band until he left them after the Speak and Spell Album. Martin Gore took over the writing chores from thereon.

Now, only 3 of them remain: David Gahan, Martin Gore, and Andrew Fletcher. Alan Wilder left the group some years back right after the Songs of Faith and Devotion Album as he was disgusted by the other group members' addiction to drugs and alcohol.

I stopped listening after Strangelove. But I still watched their concert here in '94. As expected, they played their newer songs and only a handful of songs from their early albums Speak & Spell, Construction Time Again, and Some Great Reward.

Strange no one has mentioned yet Tears For Fears. Meron pa akong Top 40 T-Shirt nila. I love the songs from their first album The Hurting. "Mad World", "Change", "Pale Shelter", "The Hurting", "Suffer The Children". Another fave of mine is their single "The Way You Are". Tandang-tanda ko pa ang MTV nyan.

I loved The Hurting. My fave song was Pale Shelter. There was this article that came out in Jingle Magazine (another staple of the 80s music scene) where Roland Orzabal was quoted as saying the only reason they became recording artists was to earn money to go into therapy. *:D And when it took them so long to release a third album, somebody started a rumor that since they had already made enough money to go into therapy, they decided to stop recording.

U2 is a rock group embraced by New Wavers. Other rock groups that became part of the "new wave" play list include The Alaram, The Cult, The Call and REM among others.

Ok. Here's the question that was popular then, "What does it mean to be New Wave?". The Dawn actually said that they are not New Wave. They are New Rock. :)

What is New Wave? Wala bang definition sa wikipedia? *:D Basta, you'll know it when you hear it. Or kung pwede mong syawan ng New Wave dance steps, yun na yun. Who coined the phrase anyway? Back when I was a teenager, I had this very simple equation: kung heavy sa guitar, rock. Kung heavy sa synthesizer, New Wave. But obviously it's more complicated than that. If I were to name one band that best captured the New Wave sound, it would probably be A Flock of Seagulls.

Gil_Andrews, same here. I've always enjoyed listening to Thinking Of You. Isama mo na rin ang Tears by The Chameleons (acoustic version).

Dark Knight
09-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Strange no one has mentioned yet Tears For Fears.* Meron pa akong Top 40 T-Shirt nila.* *I love the songs from their first album The Hurting.* "Mad World", "Change", "Pale Shelter", "The Hurting", "Suffer The Children".* Another fave of mine is their single "The Way You Are".* Tandang-tanda ko pa ang MTV nyan.

Tears For Fears is a classic. Orzabal, Smith, Ian Curtis and Manny Elias are one hell of a group. Agree with you all about The Hurting. Suffer The Children is my fave. Songs From The Big Chair is a good commercialized album. It went to no. 1 in the US album chart. After that, they went to a hiatus and re emerged with Seeds Of Love, a rather bland offering but contains Woman In Chains, a very good song.

Trivia - Mothers Talk has two video versions.

Dark Knight
09-23-2008, 08:19 PM

The Dawn a New Rock? They are denying they are new wave and yet they are covering NW songs during their heydey.

New Wave is subjective. The term isnt popular in Europe. New Wave in europe is associated in the arts. When i joined the nwoutpost.com, i learned a lot especially what is and what is not New Wave in other countries.

To them New Wave has many sub genres.

Power Pop - Bands like The Wild Swans, Railway Children

Synth Pop - DM, Book Of Love, New Order

Madchester - from Manchester, The Soup Dragons

Gothic - The Swans, Peter Murphy, X-mal Deutschland.

Basically in the Philippines, New Wave is the music genre that started in the late 70's up to early 90's that is European in origin, not mainstream, (as only a few has knowledge about the bands mentioned) with great melodic pop and accented with the use of synthesizers and unique voices.

NewWave is more of an attitude, just like HipHop. We wear make ups, wore creepers, never brush our hair ala Robert Smith. But sadly there are a lot of misconceptions and wrong notion about New Wave.

I saw a lot of NW compilation taht includes KC And The Sunshine Band, Men At Work and even Wham. These stupid people thought that if you are a band in the eighties then automatically you are new wave.

Dark Knight
09-23-2008, 08:24 PM

I stopped listening after Strangelove. But I still watched their concert here in '94. As expected, they played their newer songs and only a handful of songs from their early albums Speak & Spell, Construction Time Again, and Some Great Reward.

I loved The Hurting. My fave song was Pale Shelter. There was this article that came out in Jingle Magazine (another staple of the 80s music scene) where Roland Orzabal was quoted as saying the only reason they became recording artists was to earn money to go into therapy. *:D And when it took them so long to release a third album, somebody started a rumor that since they had already made enough money to go into therapy, they decided to stop recording.

What is New Wave? Wala bang definition sa wikipedia? *:D Basta, you'll know it when you hear it. Or kung pwede mong syawan ng New Wave dance steps, yun na yun. Who coined the phrase anyway? Back when I was a teenager, I had this very simple equation: kung heavy sa guitar, rock. Kung heavy sa synthesizer, New Wave. But obviously it's more complicated than that. If I were to name one band that best captured the New Wave sound, it would probably be A Flock of Seagulls.

Gil_Andrews, same here. I've always enjoyed listening to Thinking Of You. Isama mo na rin ang Tears by The Chameleons (acoustic version).

Thinking Of You is probably the most popular song by Colourfield. Terry Hall formed this band after Fun Boy Three who sang Our Lips AreSealed then went solo. Other great songs by them are Castles In The Air, Windmills Of Your Mind and Pushing Up Daisies. They had a song from the album Deception with Orzabal as the guest guitarist. The song is Running Away.

I have the Chameleons Best Of album, and if you love Tears, then you should check out Swamp Thing. After The Chameleons disbanded, Burgess formed The Sun And The Moon.

danny
09-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Just searched for this song. Tagal ko ng hindi narinig pero ang sarap pa rin pakinggan:

I actually bought an Aztec Compilation in San Francisco. I was so happy to get a hold of that CD.

Roddy Frame rocks!

danny
09-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Great discussion! Hindi lang pang sports, pang New Wave pa!

Before Fun Boy Three and Colourfield, Terry Hall also fronted the definitive ska group The Specials . The group was THE backbone behind the legendary 2 Tone Records.

Some Punk rockers enjoyed Jamaican inspired music of The Specials and other ska/reggae acts. While other punks scuff at the collaboration. Thus we have The Clash doing reggae and ska as against The Sex Pistols wreaking havoc with their filth and fury.

Two recent favorite Punk groups doing ska and reggae include Sublime and Rancid! Oi! Oi! Oi!

ponce
09-24-2008, 09:42 AM

Tears for Fears was the epitome of New Music in the early 80s. Too bad they became commerciallized when they launched their Songs from the Big Chair album.

I still love their song "Start of the Breakdown."

For sentimental reasons, I also love listening to "Thinking of You" by the Colourfield.

How about the "Politics of Dancing" by Re-flex?

Yup medyo na-commercialize ang Tears for Fears after the Big Chair album but they are still one of my favorite bands. Come to think of it, they are my favorite band! The best song for me in the Big Chair album is "The Working Hour." Galing ni Roland Orzabal dun! Buong buo ang boses! Good thing they reunited and got a new album out!

Sa local, for me it has to be Dean's December! Their Chemical Wedding album is really good! Binky Lampano and the rest of the guys really know how to work up a crowd! Tsaka there was no conscious effort to sound like this or that. They stuck to their guns! "Only snows in America, not in Manila..." Astig!

LION
09-24-2008, 10:56 AM
^ Di ba Fra Lippo Lippi 'yan? Also "Light and Shade".

Oopps my bad. Oo nga pala hehehe. :-[

pio_valenz
09-24-2008, 02:23 PM

I actually bought an Aztec Compilation in San Francisco. I was so happy to get a hold of that CD.

Roddy Frame rocks!

I read somewhere fairly recently that Aztec Camera wasn't really a band but was just Roddy Frame. How true? Fave Aztec songs for me are Still On Fire, All I Need Is Everything and Somewhere In My Heart.

Dark Knight
09-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Most probably. just like The Smiths are only Marr and Morrissey. The other two are just on their payroll. Roddy Frame is is the only one shown in his last two albums, no other band members.

BTW, AC last album called Dreamland is in collaboration with Japanese Ryuchi Sakamoto and sounded very mature. But Black Lucia is awesome.

Sa mga luma, especially the album High land Hard Rain, my fave is If We Could Send Letters. Awesome guitars by Roddy there. He also collaborated with Mick Jones of The Clash in Good Morning Britain.

shyboy
09-24-2008, 09:10 PM
^ Good Morning Britain is my fave from Aztec Camera.

Teka, no one has mentioned yet the one I consider the most famous New Wave song here in the Philippines.* Who'd ever forget "State Of The Nation" by Industry?* Sayaw muna ako.* bwahahaha* Pampabata itong thread na 'to. :D

shyboy
09-24-2008, 09:14 PM

Yup, I remember those two videos. Anyone remember the video shows Video Hot Tracks and Video Hit Parade? ;D

shyboy
09-24-2008, 09:19 PM

The Dawn a New Rock? They are denying they are new wave and yet they are covering NW songs during their heydey.

New Wave is subjective. The term isnt popular in Europe. New Wave in europe is associated in the arts. When i joined the nwoutpost.com, i learned a lot especially what is and what is not New Wave in other countries.

To them New Wave has many sub genres.

Power Pop - Bands like The Wild Swans, Railway Children

Synth Pop - DM, Book Of Love, New Order

Madchester - from Manchester, The Soup Dragons

Gothic - The Swans, Peter Murphy, X-mal Deutschland.

Basically in the Philippines, New Wave is the music genre that started in the late 70's up to early 90's that is European in origin, not mainstream, (as only a few has knowledge about the bands mentioned) with great melodic pop and accented with the use of synthesizers and unique voices.

NewWave is more of an attitude, just like HipHop. We wear make ups, wore creepers, never brush our hair ala Robert Smith. But sadly there are a lot of misconceptions and wrong notion about New Wave.

I saw a lot of NW compilation taht includes KC And The Sunshine Band, Men At Work and even Wham. These stupid people thought that if you are a band in the eighties then automatically you are new wave.

Anyone remember "When All's Well" by Everything But The Girl? That was considered New Wave although EBTG wasn't really a New Wave group.

pio_valenz
09-24-2008, 09:57 PM

Yup, I remember those two videos.* Anyone remember the video shows Video Hot Tracks and Video Hit Parade?* *;D

I remember the original music video show in the Philippines: Rhythm of the City. The hosts were 99.5RT deejays like Jeremiah Jr. It's where I first saw the video of Whip It by Devo, among otherrs.

And speaking of RT, every Sunday from 2-6PM I'd tune in to Casey Kasem's American Top Forty. I can still hear him saying his classic line before going on a commercial break: "Coming up, a long distance dedication from so-and-so..."

Dark Knight
09-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Video Hit Parade even had a special edition pitting two bands, showing their videos one after another.

Spandau Ballet vs Duran Duran
Tears For Fears vs Wham
Al Corley vs Corey hart
Cindy lauper vs Madonna.

Dark Knight
09-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Tracy Thorn and Ben watt had a new wave album for their first outing that features When Alls Well and Ballad Of The Times. Kinda slow wave. They had broke into the mainstream with song from Baby The Star Shines Bright album with the song Cross My Heart.

On their later works, i hate those songs with Massive Attack. The Only Living Boy In New York is their last best effort for me.

MonL
09-25-2008, 12:19 AM

Yup, I remember those two videos.* Anyone remember the video shows Video Hot Tracks and Video Hit Parade?* *;D

I remember the original music video show in the Philippines: Rhythm of the City. The hosts were 99.5RT deejays like Jeremiah Jr. It's where I first saw the video of Whip It by Devo, among otherrs.

And speaking of RT, every Sunday from 2-6PM I'd tune in to Casey Kasem's American Top Forty. I can still hear him saying his classic line before going on a commercial break: "Coming up, a long distance dedication from so-and-so..."

...And his ending line: "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."

MonL
09-25-2008, 12:38 AM
No one has yet mentioned When In Rome's "The Promise."

techguy
09-25-2008, 02:10 AM
Killing Joke and Husker Du...

danny
09-25-2008, 02:46 AM
EBTG was lumped together with other New Wave acts just like...oh well... Swing Out Sister (WT!). I have all EBTG albums and very much enjoyed their acoustic performances.

When I was in College, Bedan Alabangers like ponce* here ;), introduced to us Mendiola boys the current hip sound from their side of the world. JAZZ. ;D* Bedans were doing impromptu Jazz sessions with their saxophones. Many former Bedan Punks and New Wavers, took a turnaround and left the unwashed. But some of us were just too stubborn to join...then we grew older and became lovers of great music in general.

When In* Rome's "The Promise"? What version? Tatlo ata yun. Ang habang i-sayaw. Yup. extended versions of danceable new wave songs were very popular back then. :D

ponce
09-25-2008, 12:48 PM
EBTG was lumped together with other New Wave acts just like...oh well... Swing Out Sister (WT!). I have all EBTG albums and very much enjoyed their acoustic performances.

When I was in College, Bedan Alabangers like ponce* here ;), introduced to us Mendiola boys the current hip sound from their side of the world. JAZZ. ;D* Bedans were doing impromptu Jazz sessions with their saxophones. Many former Bedan Punks and New Wavers, took a turnaround and left the unwashed. But some of us were just too stubborn to join...then we grew older and became lovers of great music in general.

When In* Rome's "The Promise"? What version? Tatlo ata yun. Ang habang i-sayaw. Yup. extended versions of danceable new wave songs were very popular back then. :D

Nampucha Danny! Pinaalala mo pa yang Swing out Sister na yan! Eh dahil sa concert na yan, dyan kami pinalabas ni Mr. Mendoza of Philo 1 dahil excited na kami manood! ;D

We may have introduced jazz to our brothers but I was really bleeding new wave! Sakay ka sa kotse ko nun at puro Bolshoi, Wire Train, Gang of Four, The Cult, Sisters of Mercy at Rick Manrique, Jr. ;D ang maririning mo. Those were the days, Man! "Sounds" pa nga ang tawag natin sa music noon! Ganun pa rin naman ang sounds ko ngayon. Sinamahan ko na lang ng Indian Yell. ;)

Jaco D
09-25-2008, 01:30 PM
I too have all the EBTG albums (I think there were one or two albums which were released only for the Japanese market. Spent an arm and a leg just to get them).* Though EBTG came to being around the same time as the New Wave movement kahit na the duo's music was hardly New Wave, for me EBTG was "pampatangal ng umay" if you had too much of New Wave music for a day.* After Ben Watt had that weird medical disorder, their music started getting darker and darker and i slowly tuned out.

OT:* speaking of Japan, di ko pa rin maarok kung bakit now-passe groups like Swing Out Sister, Workshy, EBTG etc. are so damn popular there.* There are even a lot of rare pressings that can only be found in the Japanese market.* I guess the Japanese are just as musically-inclined as Filipinos, maybe even more.

Dark Knight
10-11-2008, 08:55 AM
CHINA CRISIS DISCOGRAPHY

Difficult Shapes And Passive Rhythms 1982

http://bp2.blogger.com/_DyUmlXcU6a8/SAtQtFiV_AI/AAAAAAAAACY/NIFo79J4Rbo/s200/e8340471tkg.jpg

Working With ire And Steel 1983

http://bp2.blogger.com/_DyUmlXcU6a8/SAtQtFiV_BI/AAAAAAAAACg/a_VgNlBONqg/s200/e83408la3g8.jpg

Flaunt The Imperfection 1985

http://bp2.blogger.com/_DyUmlXcU6a8/SAtQtFiV_CI/AAAAAAAAACo/hnRR8b3d0r8/s200/g67696bwo3n.jpg

What Price Paradise 1986

http://bp3.blogger.com/_DyUmlXcU6a8/SAtQtViV_DI/AAAAAAAAACw/fzJw9qD5Ovs/s200/f50004uy58r.jpg

Diary Of A Hollow Horse 1989

http://bp3.blogger.com/_DyUmlXcU6a8/SAtQtViV_EI/AAAAAAAAAC4/HIIy1_n2yok/s200/48e3750621f77d700db68eb25e60ee0e.jpg

Warped By Success 1994

http://bp2.blogger.com/_DyUmlXcU6a8/SAtRLFiV_FI/AAAAAAAAADA/865rCWnx0dc/s200/e096d8398532b3cf3edf64dcfb903ad9.jpg

China Crisis Collection 1997

http://bp3.blogger.com/_DyUmlXcU6a8/SAtRLViV_GI/AAAAAAAAADI/L5liXesaRK8/s200/c9486100m67.jpg

Gary Daly and Eddie Lundon

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/3059/crisis4.jpg

Dark Knight
10-16-2008, 09:08 PM
WILD SWANS DISCOGRAPHY

The Peel Sessions 1986
http://www.thewildswans.co.uk/discography/disc/peel-12.gif

Bringing Home The Ashes 1988
http://www.thewildswans.co.uk/discography/disc/bhta.gif

Space Flower 1990
http://www.thewildswans.co.uk/discography/disc/space.gif

Incandescent 2003 (re-issue)
http://www.thewildswans.co.uk/discography/disc/incan-cd.gif

Platinum Collection (Philippine Release Only) 2006
http://www.thewildswans.co.uk/discography/disc/platinum.gif

Magnitude - The Sire Years 2007
http://www.thewildswans.co.uk/discography/disc/magnitude.gif

pio_valenz
11-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Blast from the past: today is the 24th anniversary of the recording of Do They Know It's Christmas? by the super group Band Aid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jEnTSQStGE

While Bob Geldof's initiative was widely hailed as groundbreaking and compassionate back in 1984, looking back a lot of lyrics of this song would have been slaughtered by critics if they had been sung today for being politically incorrect and insensitive. In fact, the whole premise of the song was a bit off since majority of Africans aren't even Christian to begin with, so they probably wouldn't care if it was Christmas or not.

Time Magazine wrote an essay about this song a few years ago and called it Do They Know It's Pretentious?

But still, for nostalgia's sake, the video is worth watching over and over again. It's cool being reminded how Bono, George Michael, and Sting looked 20-odd years ago.

Kid Cubao
11-25-2008, 11:12 AM
pio, i agree. just imagine trying to get away with lines such as "well, tonight, thank God it's them, instead of you"... kahit murang-mura pa ang isipan ko nung unang bumulusok ang kantang yan, i thought that line, sung by bono, was quite insensitive. frankly it sounded more like a taunt from rowdy arsenal fans.

anyway, another blast from the past was the song "last christmas" by wham! (tutal pasko na, mga repapips), which subsequently appeared on the same album that featured "do they know it's christmas?" ang nakakatawa, sumikat ang kantang ito sa ating bansa in the summer (yes, summer!) of '85. i clearly remember jingle chordbook magazine turning this song into a running gag in its pages for the months of april till june that year ;D

bchoter
11-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Jingle Magazine. That's another blast from the past... grin department :D

pio_valenz
11-25-2008, 04:37 PM
pio, i agree. just imagine trying to get away with lines such as "well, tonight, thank God it's them, instead of you"... kahit murang-mura pa ang isipan ko nung unang bumulusok ang kantang yan, i thought that line, sung by bono, was quite insensitive. frankly it sounded more like a taunt from rowdy arsenal fans.

Yup, Bono's line pretty much summed up the insensitivity and ignorance of the songwriters. Other lines that were off:

"And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime." - Duh. Except for very isolated elevated areas, there never was.

"Where nothing ever grows, no rain or rivers flow." - Ignorant line. Many Africans were incensed by this line because all it did was reinforce the negative stereortype most Westeners had about the continent.

anyway, another blast from the past was the song "last christmas" by wham! (tutal pasko na, mga repapips), which subsequently appeared on the same album that featured "do they know it's christmas?" ang nakakatawa, sumikat ang kantang ito sa ating bansa in the summer (yes, summer!) of '85. i clearly remember jingle chordbook magazine turning this song into a running gag in its pages for the months of april till june that year ;D

Haha! Jingle Magazine! Used to collect these. I recently went through my collection. Ang dami palang sablay na lyrics. :D

shyboy
11-25-2008, 05:31 PM
I always thought Band Aid was composed of purely European acts. But after enjoying the video again, just saw Kool and the Gang and Jody Watley (?) joining in.

So it's been 24 years na pala since I wore my Dragonfly shoes (mahal ang Tretorn eh). ;D

pio_valenz
11-25-2008, 05:44 PM
^For some strange reason, Kool and the Gang and Jody Whatley were the only American acts invited by the organizers.

On another note, you see Phil Collins on drums. But I don't think he had any lines in the recording, nor did he give any Christmas greeting in the extended remix version (the part where representatives of all the bands recorded a Christmas greeting, i.e., "Okay, well this is Bono here, the singer of U2 wishing everyone a happy Christmas and a merry New Year.")

Ako naman, naka Sperry Topsiders nung 1984. ;D

bchoter
11-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Topsiders din pero I was begging for a pair of Nike Airs

Kid Cubao
11-26-2008, 08:42 AM
^For some strange reason, Kool and the Gang and Jody Whatley were the only American acts invited by the organizers.

pio and shyboy, i read somewhere that kool and the gang and jody watley were touring the UK at the time (jody was still with shalamar back then), and they happened to be in town when bob geldof rang them up, and they accepted the invite.

my get up at the time consisted of the following: longback polo shirt with the shirttail hanging out, lee jeans, and either topsiders or greenhills tretorn shoes na may tatlong punit--kasi nga tretorn, di ba? ;D

toti_mendiola
11-26-2008, 12:19 PM

Eh pano pare "oi" ako.

bchoter
11-26-2008, 01:55 PM

pio and shyboy, i read somewhere that kool and the gang and jody watley were touring the UK at the time (jody was still with shalamar back then), and they happened to be in town when bob geldof rang them up, and they accepted the invite.*

my get up at the time consisted of the following: longback polo shirt with the shirttail hanging out, lee jeans, and either topsiders or greenhills tretorn shoes na may tatlong punit--kasi nga tretorn, di ba? ;D
My grandma would get mad everytime she sees me wearing my shirt tucked out. Demet, long back nga yun eh tapos i tuck-in? :(

shyboy
11-26-2008, 10:30 PM
There's a bar in Ortigas Home Depot that's playing mostly new wave music. The place is called "I Love 80s." Lots of wall pics of new wave bands and 80s memorabilia.

danny
11-27-2008, 03:27 AM
I have a feeling* kapag nagkitakita tayong lahat, magkakaroon ng impromptu New Wave Party.* Saang bahay gagawin? Pwede ba gate crahsers? E yung mga punks, papapasukin ba?* ;D

Eh pano pare "oi" ako.

Oi! Oi! Oi! ;D

Jaco D
11-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Jingle Magazine. That's another blast from the past... grin department :D

Definitely a blast from the past.* Anybody seen copies of Jingle issues just before the imposition of Makoy's PD-1081?* They were raunchy as hell!* Looking at the by-lines of the current on-line local dailies, I just realized that a couple of these writers were contributors to Jingle magazine in its various evolutions.*

Medyo OT as far as this thread is concerned but since this is a basketball forum baka papasa ito:* does anybody remember "Cageking", a local basketball-specific tabloid?* When this Forum came out with Basketbolista, it unlocked a small segment of my memory.* A couple of issues of the rag were scattered around the house when I was in prep or thereabouts, but what I remember about them were the cheesecake pics at the end of the issue (talk about a scarred childhood).* Speaking of cheesecake, does "Tik-Tik" ring a bell?* Aminiiiiiiin!!!!!!

O tama na, medyo outside of the ballpark na ito at umaabot na sa Cartimar.

toti_mendiola
12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
triple post

toti_mendiola
12-01-2008, 11:57 AM
triple post

toti_mendiola
12-01-2008, 11:58 AM

pwede siguro ito sir.

Yung mga punks sa Katrina's sa Mabini (para Slamdancing sila to the max doon w/ referee) :D

Katrinas, blast talaga toits. Bawal naka eye liner dito eh. Yari ke Bayani punk.
I distinctly remember Karla of IC as the muse of the deviant new wavers back on them good old days. I was in Gr. 4 when i first set foot in Katrinas, it was during a live recording by half of the so called "dirty dozens" of pinoy punk bands. Twisted Red Cross!

Dark Knight
12-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Jingle mag is up there wih classic mags Liwayway and the big size MOD. Rock and Rhythm for songhits.

The real mag dedicated to New wave is The Score which run for 3 issues only.

For the upcoming Dela Hoya - Pacquiao fight, i humbly dedicate the song Boxers by Morrissey. ;D

pio_valenz
12-03-2008, 12:19 AM
There's a bar in Ortigas Home Depot that's playing mostly new wave music.* The place is called "I Love 80s."* Lots of wall pics of new wave bands and 80s memorabilia.

I visited this place once, when it was still in its original location. I understand it's moved to a bigger venue just a few meters away.

Sa dating location, parang nasa 80s ka talaga, and I'm not just talking about the music and the walls adorned with 80s memorabilia. Parang 80s kasi, just like way back when, walang exhaust fan! Ang usok sa loob!

untamed
12-03-2008, 03:32 PM
There's a bar in Ortigas Home Depot that's playing mostly new wave music.* The place is called "I Love 80s."* Lots of wall pics of new wave bands and 80s memorabilia.

I visited this place once, when it was still in its original location. I understand it's moved to a bigger venue just a few meters away.

Sa dating location, parang nasa 80s ka talaga, and I'm not just talking about the music and the walls adorned with 80s memorabilia. Parang 80s kasi, just like way back when, walang exhaust fan! Ang usok sa loob!

yeah i believed they transfered already maliit kasi yung place nila before pag nag new wave party yung iba nasa labas na. ok din yung ten years after sa malate still the same... the old school poster of the smits, lotus eaters is still there. ;D

Potchi_coolwhip55
12-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Ganda ng thread na 'to.. trip ko ang new wave!! :P

The best ang Orchestral Maneouvres In The Dark!!

Astig din ang songs ng Gene Loves Jezebel!!

Nakakarelax ang mga kanta ng Psychedelic Furs at Tears For Fears!!

Cool ang mga songs ng Fiction Factory, a Flock of Seagulls, at China Crisis!!

^^

JonarSabilano
12-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Ganda ng thread na 'to.. trip ko ang new wave!!* :P

^^

This is something new. A highschooler who listens to new wave.

MonL
12-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Ganda ng thread na 'to.. trip ko ang new wave!!* :P

^^

This is something new. A highschooler who listens to new wave.

Nothing new. That's just listening to classical music. :D

Potchi_coolwhip55
12-30-2008, 08:13 PM
China Crisis -Wishful Thinking
The Cure -Boys Don't Cry
Tears for fears- Everybody wants to rule the world, Mad World
Industry- State of the Nation
When in Rome- The Promise
Fiction Factory- Feels like Heaven
Human League- Together in Electric Dreams
OMD - If You Leave, Enola Gay, Secret, Dreaming
New Order - jetstream, Bizarre love triangle, don't do it
Fra Lippo Lippi - Everytime I see you, later
Bolshoi - Away
A Flock of Seagulls - the more you live the more you love
Jo boxers - just got lucky
psychedelic furs- the ghost in you
Simple minds - don't you forget about me
A-ha- Take on me
Gene loves Jezebel - Desire, Motion of love
The Police - Message in a bottle
Alphaville -Forever young
Gazebo - I like choppin'
CCPP- American Soviet

Yan ang favorite songs ko... NEW WAVE songs are cool!!
mas enjoy makinig sa New Wave kesa sa mga rock ngayon... :D

danny
03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
^^^

The truth is, back in those days, no self respecting New Waver of the DWXB kind would even dare listen to most of these songs that went mainstream. Oi! Oi! Oi! ;)

john_paul_manahan
03-15-2009, 07:28 AM
my friend posted in one of his facebook notes regarding the 80s music today. here is the gist:

When I said the "music of the 80's is back" I didnt mean revival, I meant new bands coming out having 80's-like original music (pop and new wave)!

Listening to them makes me feel young again! hehehe.

Like the ff artists:

the mary onettes - http://www.myspace.com/themaryonettes
the ting tings - http://www.myspace.com/thetingtings
the killers - http://www.myspace.com/thekillers
coldplay - http://www.myspace.com/coldplay

Yey! 80's music is the best!

Dark Knight
03-21-2009, 01:16 PM
To all New Wavers here, you can listen to Jam 83 every saturday 9am to 12 pm hosted by DJ Hillary. Although they play well known NW tracks, they also play some rare songs like HOL's I Dont Know Why I Love You.

I just listened this morning and here are the songs in their playlist a while ago.

1st hour

01. Blue Kiss - Jane Weidlin (former Go-Go's guitarist)
02. Friday Im In Love - The Cure (live)
03. Girlfriend In A Comma - The Smiths
04. Whats Your Name - Depeche Mode
05. My Sanctuary - Identity Crisis (best local NW band)
06. More To Lose - Seona Dancing (NW anthem)
07. Upside Down - Two Minds Crack (with a local revival thats very lame behind my ability to comprehend)
08. Stay - Gracepool (Blue Nile original)
09. Crash - The Primitives (extended. I hate that added lead guitar personally)

2nd hour

10. Forever Young - Alphaville (disco version)
11. Maria - Blondie (classic)
12. Melt With You - Modern English (most covered NW song)
13. Two Rivers - The Adventures
14. The Promise - When In Rome (love the piano intro)
15. Russian Radio - Red Flag
16. Somewhere In My Heart - Aztec Camera (peaked at no.3 in Brit charts)
17. Shes In Parties - Bauhaus (former Tones On Tails)
18. Like The Weather - 10,000 Maniacs
19. The Healing - Deans December (local great)

3rd hour

20. Lips Like Sugar - Echo And The Bunnymen (minus Echo the Drum Machine)
21. Lost In The Supermarket - The Clash
22. Kiss Me Now - Fruits Of Passion
23. Nobody's Diary - Yazoo (one of my favorite)
24. A Little Respect - Erasure (gay)
25. Hay Hour - The Housemartins (became Beautiful South)
26. She Gives Me Love - The Godfathers
27. Dont You Want Me Baby - Human League
28. I Dont Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats
29. Space Age Lovesong - A Flock Of Seagulls (exhilirating)
30. Just Like Heaven - The Cure (classic)

kats613
03-21-2009, 01:38 PM
guys, check out my multiply page www.devilhoppin.multiply.com

i regularly post new wave stuff there.

danny
03-21-2009, 11:16 PM
^^

Hoy Galex! Yung mga tapes ko. Isauli mo. Bwahahahahaha! ;D

Pre, I now have all the albums of The Housemartins/The Beautiful South and their Socialist comrades, The Style Council. If you haven't noticed, "socialism" is back with a vengeance.

:D

Potchi_coolwhip55
03-23-2009, 10:35 PM
pipol, sinong mabait diyan na magi-email sa aken ng mga kanta ng OMD like:

Genetic Engineering
La Fem Me Accident 12"
We Love You 12"

please!! kelangan ko lang... bibigyan ko ng copy (kahit burned CD lang ;D) si Dad ko nung "THE BEST OF OMD" nasira ko kase yung tape niya, ayun ayaw ng magplay... :'(

Sige na po... tulong lang... yung mabait diyan, hello!!

Kid Cubao
03-24-2009, 06:24 AM
one word: download.

pio_valenz
03-24-2009, 11:04 AM
^Yup. Just do a google search of the song title plus "mp3 download". Just this Sunday, I was able to find and download Paul Young's "Come Back and Stay" and Talk Talk's "It's My Life".

Kid Cubao
03-24-2009, 12:53 PM
in my case, i was able to find and download the following forgotten 80s classics: china crisis's "you did cut me" and two minds crack's "hunger and the greed." in all my 80s wave collections, legit and bangketa, those two songs somehow escaped the radar of archivists. i have them now hehehe

Dark Knight
03-24-2009, 03:16 PM
The Cure has a new album. WTF! ;D

easter
03-24-2009, 08:24 PM
my friend posted in one of his facebook notes regarding the 80s music today. here is the gist:

When I said the "music of the 80's is back" I didnt mean revival, I meant new bands coming out having 80's-like original music (pop and new wave)!

Listening to them makes me feel young again! hehehe.

Like the ff artists:

the mary onettes - http://www.myspace.com/themaryonettes
the ting tings - http://www.myspace.com/thetingtings
the killers - http://www.myspace.com/thekillers
coldplay - http://www.myspace.com/coldplay

Yey! 80's music is the best!

Actually the 80s music never really went away. Some band keeps getting it back now and then. Right now the Ting Tings - Be The One is the closest thing to an 80s music.

Potchi_coolwhip55
03-24-2009, 09:33 PM
one word: download.

haha, gusto ko kase free eh... hehe di ko mahanap sa limewire at bearshare...

nag-google ako kaso wala akong mahanap na free dowload eh... siguro, dahil medyo lum na eh. :'(

gameface_one
03-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Which present local band has the best 80's new wave music repertoire?

Dark Knight
03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Sadly, there is none.

The New wave already did its job in the 80's spawning local bands such as Runaway Boys, Nursery Rhymes, Mere Mercy, Temper Of Times, The Dawn, Ethnic Faces, Introvoys, Under Blue Skies, Deans December, Violent Playground and Identity Crisis. NU Rock the Album also compiled NW songs by local bands such as The Sequel, Happy Shrimps, Animo, TheThought and Third Light.

Rivermaya had an album which remade some new wave hits of our local bands. Hale sometimes has songs that sounded like NW.

LA 105 before features underground bands such as The End (song Pagkalumo) thats very New Wavish. Sounded like early New Order.

Dark Knight
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Check out these forums about the New Wave genre. Im a member in all of these sites.

This a local forum
www.newwavevault.proboards.com (http://www.newwavevault.proboards.com)

International forums
nwoutpost.com (http://nwoutpost.com)

z3.invisionfree.com/The_New_Wave_Zone/ (http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_New_Wave_Zone/)

Dark Knight
03-25-2009, 01:47 PM
And anyone here who has House Of Love compilation cd and willing to sell it, PM me please. :)

Album should include Shine On, I Dont Know Why I Love You and Christine. Thanks.

easter
03-25-2009, 02:02 PM
The sound of pinoy bands today is more of the 90s alternative genre.

JonarSabilano
03-25-2009, 03:30 PM
The sound of pinoy bands today is more of the 90s alternative genre.

Orange and Lemons did come closest to an 80's sound before they disbanded. Of course, their reputation was tainted by "Pinoy Ako".

Also, a lot of bands covering 80's music tend to focus on the easy-listening, upbeat songs. I've never heard a local band cover "This Night Has Opened My Eyes", for example.

Dark Knight
03-26-2009, 01:45 PM
House Of Love Discography

1987 - Creation Records
http://hem.passagen.se/nyholm/pics/cre963.jpg

http://hem.passagen.se/nyholm/pics/hol.jpg

1990 - Fontana records
http://hem.passagen.se/nyholm/pics/butter.jpg

The Spy In The House Of love 1990
http://hem.passagen.se/nyholm/pics/spy1.jpg

Babe Rainbow 1992
http://hem.passagen.se/nyholm/pics/babe.jpg

Audience With The Mind 1993
http://hem.passagen.se/nyholm/pics/audience.jpg

Best Of (This Is What Im Looking for)
http://hem.passagen.se/nyholm/pics/bestof.jpg

John Peel Sessions 2000
http://hem.passagen.se/nyholm/pics/peelsess.jpg

Creation Recordings 2001
http://hem.passagen.se/nyholm/pics/creationrecord.jpg

Bruticus
03-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Just found about this:

http://www.spandauballet.com/news/welcome-to-spandau-balletcom/

The band is back after 20 years.

Dark Knight
04-08-2009, 07:15 PM
American Idol contestant and frontrunner Adam Lambert did a slowed version of TFF's Mad World.

irateluvmachine
04-13-2009, 06:04 AM
American Idol contestant and frontrunner Adam Lambert did a slowed version of TFF's Mad World.

actually, his version was based on gary jules' version from "donnie darko"...IMHO this was adam's best performance for the season, though i may be biased...we did cover "mad world" (TFF version) when we played mag.net katipunan's new wave night last february... ;D

LA 105 before features underground bands such as The End (song Pagkalumo) thats very New Wavish. Sounded like early New Order.

aside from the end, LA 105/Tone Def Records released a "Pinoy Wave" compilation which also featured bands like the shaft, visceral organs, jellybeans, etc.

Kid Cubao
04-13-2009, 10:30 AM
the only thing that separated gary jules's and adam lambert's version of mad world is that the latter has better pipes. as far as the approach and the new arrangement are concerned, gary jules did it first. makes you wonder why simon gave him a standing ovation.

JonarSabilano
04-13-2009, 11:59 AM
the only thing that separated gary jules's and adam lambert's version of mad world is that the latter has better pipes. as far as the approach and the new arrangement are concerned, gary jules did it first. makes you wonder why simon gave him a standing ovation.

I'm torn about Adam Lambert's version. Like, were the vocal gymnastics towards the end justified? Gary Jules' version was haunting as it is. Then again, it wouldn't be Adam Lambert if he didn't insert a few flourishes here and there.

untamed
04-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Sadly, there is none.

The New wave already did its job in the 80's spawning local bands such as Runaway Boys, Nursery Rhymes, Mere Mercy, Temper Of Times, The Dawn, Ethnic Faces, Introvoys, Under Blue Skies, Deans December, Violent Playground and Identity Crisis. NU Rock the Album also compiled NW songs by local bands such as The Sequel, Happy Shrimps, Animo, TheThought and Third Light.

sir now that you mention the nu rock the album and the bands behind it, here's one of my faves from that era and that compilation. i remember there is one obscure new wave/rock pinoy group that sounded like a foreign artist. that group is RP Band or Rock Project Band, a group that is composed of guitar hero: bob aves, louie ocampo, goff macaraeg & his bro a certain ric segreto :D with hit song such as RUN & While Angels March. now all their stuffs are gone and in the hands of the collectors.

Dark Knight
04-29-2009, 09:11 AM

aside from the end, LA 105/Tone Def Records released a "Pinoy Wave" compilation which also featured bands like the shaft, visceral organs, jellybeans, etc.
[/quote]

One band LA 105 plays is Faust. Their song Bulong sounded very Inspiral Carpets. Their keyboard player must be really awesome.

Dark Knight
04-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Sadly, there is none.

sir now that you mention the nu rock the album and the bands behind it, here's one of my faves from that era and that compilation. i remember there is one obscure new wave/rock pinoy group that sounded like a foreign artist. that group is RP Band or Rock Project Band, a group that is composed of guitar hero: bob aves, louie ocampo, goff macaraeg & his bro a certain ric segreto :D with hit song such as RUN & While Angels March. now all their stuffs are gone and in the hands of the collectors.

Nice avatar dude. Incidentally, Morrissey has a new album.

You mentioned the song RUN. Does that song goes with lyrics like this?

"Run for your love (i'll be looking after you
run for your love (if you....................)"
run for your love (if i stumble ............
run for your loooove"

"whoooo, ooohhh woohh oohh" repeat.

Jaco D
04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
i remember there is one obscure new wave/rock pinoy group that sounded like a foreign artist. that group is RP Band or Rock Project Band, a group that is composed of guitar hero: bob aves, louie ocampo, goff macaraeg & his bro a certain ric segreto :D with hit song such as RUN & While Angels March. now all their stuffs are gone and in the hands of the collectors.

For me, Rock Project has got to be one of the best engineered, produced, conceptualized, etc. modern day pinoy albums. I remember first hearing "While.." in the mid to late eighties just before I moved to New York for an overseas posting. Unang-unang parinig pa lang nalula na ako. Wow, this is good stuff! When I got to the Big Apple, I went to the usual record/Cd outlets looking for their album and the folks there just gave me this "pre, bangag ka na naman look - no such thing". Only when I got home during the mid-nineties did I find out that RP Band was a local group. Nakakahiya man, I was proud when I discovered that. Check out Philmusic.com. There's a thread there about this group. I wish their two albums would be re-issued sometime in the future.

Dark Knight
05-15-2009, 11:16 AM
I cant get enough of this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdfi1VoM7w

irateluvmachine
05-20-2009, 01:14 PM
One band LA 105 plays is Faust. Their song Bulong sounded very Inspiral Carpets. Their keyboard player must be really awesome.

faust is a different band all together...sila yung teenage band na taga-ayala alabang na nagka-album nung mga 1996...

yung kumanta ng "bulong" ay dr. fuzz, formerly known as dr. faust. hard rock sila nung dr. faust pa sila, but upon discovering another LA 105 band called faust, they changed their band name and went new wave as dr. fuzz...

untamed
04-09-2010, 07:25 PM
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9397/abaab00960bf111a8d92ab7.jpg

Kid Cubao
04-10-2010, 09:26 AM
way offtopic:

to me, one of the sickest and most hilarious practical jokes ever done on local TV involved roland orzabal and, of course, joey de leon and vic sotto of eat bulaga. during the height of the TFF craze, joey and vic surprised televiewers when they announced that one half of the duo will be guesting, and that the clue is he's the one with the spanish surname. eh sino pa nga ba yun di ba? kaya kami para namang tanga sa kakahintay until, finally, vic sotto presented... OYARZABAL, who was a known basque pelotari back when jai alai was still alive and well in manila. pinakanta pa nila joey at vic ng spanish version ng leron, leron sinta. naknangweteng, bomalabstanggalangamats.

ang lakas talaga mang-goodtime tong dalawang ito ;D

shyboy
04-10-2010, 10:36 AM
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9397/abaab00960bf111a8d92ab7.jpg

Won't miss this for anything. Already have tickets since a month ago. ;D

untamed
05-03-2010, 10:12 PM
tff concert last night is such a blast in a jam packed araneta coliseum. :D as pinoy wavers showed their undying passion over new wave & 80's music that after 25 years or so, the magic of new wave music is still alive.

toti_mendiola
08-21-2010, 11:44 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=140198456018370&ref=mf

whoever went earlier and participated. solid.

morrissey
11-09-2010, 10:43 PM
wow i belong...

Dark Knight
09-24-2011, 02:07 AM
I finally got the limited edition Identity Crisis double CD produced by the band themselves. It includes their 1988 debut Tale Of Two and their follow up Water Came Running plus 2 songs which were included in compilations. They sell the CD's on their 1 night reunion concert last sep 9 at the NBC Tent. The CD is 250 and is not available anywhere. You have to pick it up or order online.

I bought the cassette version back when i was still in HS and the sound already deteriorated.

Every new wave fanatic should have this. A great addition to my collection!

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/305394_250410364996744_200649053306209_599450_1884 771840_n.jpg

Dark Knight
09-24-2011, 02:14 AM
The Wild Swans will a concert this Oct 1 at the Esplanade MOA!!! Wow. I'll try to watch and hopefully hear God Forbid, No Bleeding, Infidel and A World Of Milk And Blood.

Plus some new tracks from their just released album The Coldest Winter In Hundred Years. I think its a tribute to the late Pete De Freitas, former drummer of Echo And The Bunnymen.

danny
09-24-2011, 04:37 AM
I finally got the limited edition Identity Crisis double CD produced by the band themselves. It includes their 1988 debut Tale Of Two and their follow up Water Came Running plus 2 songs which were included in compilations. They sell the CD's on their 1 night reunion concert last sep 9 at the NBC Tent. The CD is 250 and is not available anywhere. You have to pick it up or order online.

I bought the cassette version back when i was still in HS and the sound already deteriorated.

Every new wave fanatic should have this. A great addition to my collection!

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/305394_250410364996744_200649053306209_599450_1884 771840_n.jpg

Oh Man! Where can I buy online? I'm out of the country though.

Dark Knight
09-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey Danny. You can email imaginingoktober.gmail.com for details. Pwede nila ipadala sa yo ung cd.

This is where i pick up my cd

Leveriza & Associates
27 Mayon St corner Boni ave,
Mandaluyong City
Tel no 531-0096
Fax no 532-7534
Look for : Jane Pamparo
Office hours : Mon-Fri 9am-6pm