PDA

View Full Version : THE TSISMIS THREAD - makibahagi ng nababalitaan, pero careful, careful...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

dose
01-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Double post

person
01-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Eto bagong-bago...

May isang point guard from a champion high school team na sinusubukang i-recruit ng isang second-tier UAAP university. Ang offer among others is a starting spot on the team, free meals during his stay with the university, at free lifetime medical coverage/hospitalization for him and his whole family.

UST?

atenean_blooded
01-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Eto bagong-bago...

May isang point guard from a champion high school team na sinusubukang i-recruit ng isang second-tier UAAP university. Ang offer among others is a starting spot on the team, free meals during his stay with the university, at free lifetime medical coverage/hospitalization for him and his whole family.

Second tier?

Paano natin malalaman na second-tier yan? :)

dose
01-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Eto bagong-bago...

Second tier?

Paano natin malalaman na second-tier yan? :)

Think Big 3 as the first-tier. ;D

Fried Green Tomato
01-27-2008, 02:10 AM
it is always the country first and school loyalty second and there is no compromise or middle ground here.

aren't you stereotyping? i mean, not all people think the way you do and we should just leave it at that.*

Some may think differently but as a filipino, it is always an honor to do service for the country as it is the right thing to do.

Instilling nationalism as early as possible is what we should all strive for. I heard this slogan before and it sounds so right "BAYAN MUNA BAGO SARILI"

fujima04
01-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Eto bagong-bago...

UST?

Kung iisipin mo, taking out the Big 3 kasi first-tier daw, 3 schools na lang ang may hospital. UST, FEU at UE. But this could also be wrong because hindi naman na-mention kung yung medical/hospitalization benefits ay ibibigay because that university owns a hospital.

I think, hindi siguro UST kung PG ang nire-recruit at inofferan ng starting position, I don't think the coaching staff and even Japs himself would agree na ma-relegate siya sa bench?

01-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Eto bagong-bago...

School's in Manila and the HS is in the South? Then I've heard about this early December.....

person
01-27-2008, 07:17 AM
Eto bagong-bago...

UST?

Kung iisipin mo, taking out the Big 3 kasi first-tier daw, 3 schools na lang ang may hospital. UST, FEU at UE. But this could also be wrong because hindi naman na-mention kung yung medical/hospitalization benefits ay ibibigay because that university owns a hospital.

I think, hindi siguro UST kung PG ang nire-recruit at inofferan ng starting position, I don't think the coaching staff and even Japs himself would agree na ma-relegate siya sa bench?

maybe it's not for Season 71 but for Season 72.. dose's description better fits UST than FEU and UE.. FEU and UE already have steady PG's in their roster while UST will loose Japs after Season 71..

bchoter
01-27-2008, 11:43 AM
OT: 2nd-tier? So what makes one a 2nd-tier school? And who says what school stays a 2nd-tier school? Pwede bang paki-iwasan ang pag label ng schools for the sake of avoiding PEX-like pissing contests?

On topic: Starting spot at UST? I wongT bet on that. UST's main main is still Jervy Cruz and Japs is still the best player in delivering the ball to Jervy. I might be wong but Japs starting spot is secure for the next season unless the later decides to forego his last year and declare for the NBA draft.

dose
01-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Eto bagong-bago...

FYI, this info came from the kid himself and he has no reason to make this story up. It's either the school who's recruiting him is making empty promises, or they want this kid so bad they are willing "demote" their starting PG to the bench.

person
01-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Eto bagong-bago...

FYI, this info came from the kid himself and he has no reason to make this story up. It's either the school who's recruiting him is making empty promises, or they want this kid so bad they are willing "demote" their starting PG to the bench.

hmmm.. I wonder what this starting point guard did to get the ire of his school to the point they would demote him to the bench and put a rookie in his place.. a highschool recruit won't go on saying stuff like this if it were not true..

if the school is UST, why would they demote Japs?? and instead of giving the role to Vargas or Badua, why give it to a rookie? sino kaya tong player na to?

mighty_lion
01-27-2008, 04:19 PM
^ Baka Chris Paul ang talent level at laro.* ;D

toti_mendiola
01-27-2008, 05:14 PM
OT: 2nd-tier? So what makes one a 2nd-tier school? And who says what school stays a 2nd-tier school? Pwede bang paki-iwasan ang pag label ng schools for the sake of avoiding PEX-like pissing contests?

On topic: Starting spot at UST? I wongT bet on that. UST's main main is still Jervy Cruz and Japs is still the best player in delivering the ball to Jervy. I might be wong but Japs starting spot is secure for the next season unless the later decides to forego his last year and declare for the NBA draft.

Pare sa NBA nag apply si japs, eh kung ganun tapos na agad ang usapan sa "whos the better cuan". :D

LION
01-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Eto bagong-bago...

What's your basis for describing the "recruiting school" as "second-tier"?

Ano yung offer? Starting spot? Malabo. Free meals? Standard yan. Free lifetime medical coverage/hospitalization for him and his whole family? Mas malabo yan.

Whilst this is the tsismis thread, the yarn should at least be believable.

admu14
01-27-2008, 11:49 PM
jayvee dumrique kaya?

bchoter
01-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Pareng mighty_lion/totie yun din yata yung tsimis. Dahil sa tsimis na ito mukhang sumama ang loob ng starting PG and has considered foregoing his last year of eligibility and go to the NBA. Chris Paul watch out!

On the player, I wong't comment muna :D

fujima04
01-28-2008, 01:45 AM
^Hopefully Manong hindi magpa-signature campaign to keep his spot si Starting PG sa lahat ng taong labas-pasok sa P. Noval Gate. :D

BLUE HORSE
01-28-2008, 02:34 AM
JV Dumrique is currently a junior in high school and the younger brother is only a freshman. Malabo yata!

dose
01-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Eto bagong-bago...

What's your basis for describing the "recruiting school"* as "second-tier"?*

Ano yung offer? Starting spot? Malabo.* *Free meals? Standard yan.* Free lifetime medical coverage/hospitalization for him and his whole family?* Mas malabo yan.*

Whilst this is the tsismis thread,* the yarn should at least be* believable.*

Well, as I've said, this info came from the kid himself. If you think that what he told me is far-fetched, then it's the kid who's to blame.

nash_bedista
01-28-2008, 07:59 AM
hindi kya yung point guard ng baste, si Gusi yata yun?! magaling yun ah..

LION
01-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Eto bagong-bago...

Ano yung offer? Starting spot? Malabo.* *Free meals? Standard yan.* Free lifetime medical coverage/hospitalization for him and his whole family?* Mas malabo yan.*

Well, as I've said, this info came from the kid himself. If you think that what he told me is far-fetched, then it's the kid who's to blame.

Agree, dose.

It's not you. It's the kid. :)

person
01-28-2008, 08:46 AM
hindi kya yung point guard ng baste, si Gusi yata yun?! magaling yun ah..

fourth year na ba tong si gusi? alam ko second year palang to a..

pio_valenz
01-28-2008, 03:28 PM
it is always the country first and school loyalty second and there is no compromise or middle ground here.

aren't you stereotyping? i mean, not all people think the way you do and we should just leave it at that.*

Some may think differently but as a filipino, it is always an honor to do service for the country as it is the right thing to do.

Instilling nationalism as early as possible is what we should all strive for. I heard this slogan before and it sounds so right "BAYAN MUNA BAGO SARILI"

I want to divert the discussion a bit back to this, begging everyone else's indulgence. This whole thing about Nico Salva opting to forego his stint with the RP Youth team has, ever so predicatably, turned into an exchange of words between Ateneans and La Sallians here in gameface. But here's my take, from someone who doesn't come from either school:

I think requiring the youth players to skip this coming varsity season is a step in the right direction, as it will help make the boys as prepared and as focused as possible. I admire the players who will make this type of commitment. Now if a player like Salva wants out, then there's not much the coaching staff can do about it, whatever his reasons may be. I may not agree with what the real reason appears to be, but like I said not much can be done about it.

That being said, if the coaching staff is requiring this type of commitment from the players, then I think it is only fair that they set an example and walk the walk. Therefore, I think Franz Pumaren should also take a leave from coaching La Salle this coming season. Same thing for Sandy A. and Ato Badolato. For until they stop making themselves exceptions to the rule, they will not have that much moral authority to stop players from dropping out of the pool.

Now, Pato Gregorio was quoted as saying that coaching is nto as physically strenuous as actually playing, hence the SBP's allowing Pumaren to continue coaching DLSU this year. Well I think that's all baloney. Coaching two different teams may not be as physically demanding as playing on two teams, but it sure as hell is more mentally draining, not to mention time-consuming. And assuming, without conceding, that Pato is right, wouldn't it still be great if the coaches lead the way by making the same type of commitment?

If the mandate is to require everyone to give his undivided attention to the youth team, then I say it should include everyone including the coaching staff. Pag ginawa nila yun, yan na ang totoong BAYAN MUNA BAGO ANG SARILI.

Jeep
01-28-2008, 03:50 PM
^...thus calling on all to stop even thinking of casting the proverbial first stone.

i join sir pio in admiring those players who decide to skip varsity this year. it is, after all, a more difficult choice, deciding to forego the glitz and glamor of the UAAP and the NCAA. but i will not pick up the proverbial stone to throw at those who decide not to regardless of what school they may be playing for. if, say, webb of zobel decided to drop out of the national pool, i will not raise a $h!+storm about it. that's fine with me. others, i am sure, will be ready to step up to the plate.

easter
01-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Ang sacrifice ba na a year in college means di mag-aral ang bata? Kung papasok pa din ok lang.

Ngayon kung di maglalaro ang bata paano po kapag na-injure siya? Sinong team na ngayon ang kukuha sa kanya? Or ireretain pa ba siya ng school team niya? Kung wala na syang scholarship, paano pa siya makakapag-aral? ???

Sasaluhin ba ito ng SBP?

A-boy97
01-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I want to divert the discussion a bit back to this, begging everyone else's indulgence. This whole thing about Nico Salva opting to forego his stint with the RP Youth team has, ever so predicatably, turned into an exchange of words between Ateneans and La Sallians here in gameface. But here's my take, from someone who doesn't come from either school:

I think requiring the youth players to skip this coming varsity season is a step in the right direction, as it will help make the boys as prepared and as focused as possible. I admire the players who will make this type of commitment. Now if a player like Salva wants out, then there's not much the coaching staff can do about it, whatever his reasons may be. I may not agree with what the real reason appears to be, but like I said not much can be done about it.

That being said, if the coaching staff is requiring this type of commitment from the players, then I think it is only fair that they set an example and walk the walk. Therefore, I think Franz Pumaren should also take a leave from coaching La Salle this coming season. Same thing for Sandy A. and Ato Badolato. For until they stop making themselves exceptions to the rule, they will not have that much moral authority to stop players from dropping out of the pool.

Now, Pato Gregorio was quoted as saying that coaching is nto as physically strenuous as actually playing, hence the SBP's allowing Pumaren to continue coaching DLSU this year. Well I think that's all baloney. Coaching two different teams may not be as physically demanding as playing on two teams, but it sure as hell is more mentally draining, not to mention time-consuming. And assuming, without conceding, that Pato is right, wouldn't it still be great if the coaches lead the way by making the same type of commitment?

If the mandate is to require everyone to give his undivided attention to the youth team, then I say it should include everyone including the coaching staff. Pag ginawa nila yun, yan na ang totoong BAYAN MUNA BAGO ANG SARILI.

Well said pards! AMEN to that!!!

01-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Okay,* so Franz leaves DLSU for a while,* and so will Dindo (who is part of the Youth staff).... and so the scenario will be?* DLSU and UE will be extremely hard pressed to compete in Season 71.....then who gets to benefit?* *::) Methinks* Mr. Pio V. has* answered his own concern by stating,* to wit:* "Now, Pato Gregorio was quoted as saying that coaching is nto as physically strenuous as actually playing, hence the SBP's allowing Pumaren to continue coaching DLSU this year. Well I think that's all baloney"* --* perhaps some of the people here may not share the same view?* The more games one coaches,* the more situations you will encounter,* the richer the experience you gain,* and ultimately, it may turn into an advantage.* Granted of course that the Coach has the mental fortitude and the capacity for it.* For players,* however,* there is the possibility if physical fatigue,* and if I am not mistaken,* it was based upon the recommendation of the coaching staff for the players to skip the next UAAP tourney.

erichubert
01-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Malabo din yun, JV is only in his junior year so I don't think its him, plus the Eaglets are not the champion team this year. If we are to be strict about it, then its either a Staglet or an Archer. Jeric Fortuna?

person
01-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Malabo din yun, JV is only in his junior year so I don't think its him, plus the Eaglets are not the champion team this year. If we are to be strict about it, then its either a Staglet or an Archer. Jeric Fortuna?

kaya nga e.. Gusi or Fortuna ang posibilidad.. pero di ba Gusi still has playing years left? are their other champion high school teams with known PG's?

mighty_lion
01-28-2008, 07:54 PM
^ Baka Tiong Lian. Teka, bakit nga ba andaming chismis at naging active itong thread na to ngayong offseason? ;D Hindi ko sinasabing mali per se, pero siguro marami lang dito sa atin kulang sa basketball. ;D ;D

batangueño
01-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Totoo kaya ang tsismis na galing kay therapist20069 ng PEX na delikado daw ngayon ang trabaho ni Manong Derrick Pumaren sa Talk N'Text at posibleng ipalit sa kanya si Chot Reyes? :o

Kung saka-sakaling mas mag-concentrate si Franz Pumaren sa RP Youth Team at natanggal nga sa Talk N'Text si Manong Derrick, posible kayang mag-balikbayan sa Taft si Manong Derrick?

Ang lahat ng yan EKSLUSIBO sa pagbabalik ng... DA BASSS! ;D

blueatheart
01-28-2008, 10:06 PM
^

di na naman siguro tatanggapin ng dlsu yang si manong. ang laki ng hiya na dinulot nya sa taft eh.

batangueño
01-28-2008, 10:35 PM
^

di na naman siguro tatanggapin ng dlsu yang si manong. ang laki ng hiya na dinulot nya sa taft eh.

Eh di switch na lang sina Dindo at Manong Derrick. Sa DLSU na si Dindo, sa UE naman si Derrick... or better yet, apply na lang sa UP si Manong Derrick. :o

bchoter
01-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Hindi kaya mas mainam ng paupuin nalang muna ng isang taon ang lahat ng true freshman?

Pareng mighty_lion malamang nga wong league ang na pinanggalingan ng bata ang nababanggit dito. I may be wong but me thinks the kid is from Tiong Lian din. And that makes it harder to believe the part about where he is given assurance of a starting spot.

stonecold316
01-29-2008, 12:14 AM
I think sa Chang Kai Shek siya galing base sa mga bulong sakin sa tabi-tabi. :) :) :)

stonecold316
01-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Saw the entrance test results at Ateneo at wala ang pangalan nila Ryan Buenafe, Vince Burke at Clark Bautista. May isa pang magaling na hs player (whose name I forgot) ang wala sa list ng mga pumasa sa Ateneo. Does it mean bumagsak sila sa entrance exam or hindi sila nag take ng exam sa Ateneo?

stonecold316
;D ;D ;D

atenean_blooded
01-29-2008, 12:44 AM

Is Franz still working in government?

BLUE HORSE
01-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Saw the entrance test results at Ateneo at wala ang pangalan nila Ryan Buenafe, Vince Burke at Clark Bautista. May isa pang magaling na hs player (whose name I forgot) ang wala sa list ng mga pumasa sa Ateneo. Does it mean bumagsak sila sa entrance exam or hindi sila nag take ng exam sa Ateneo?

stonecold316
;D ;D ;D

There is a thread in Gameface where 7-8 basketball recruits were mentioned by name as having taken the ACET exam at the same time less than 2 weeks ago. The usual suspects where all there plus some.

Fried Green Tomato
01-29-2008, 04:33 AM

I have no problem if franz or his coaching staff takes a leave of absence from next season's uaap/ncaa campaign if that's what's going to take and just to show that they "lead by example". But such call is really up to the SBP to make as they have, i think, the sole authority to make the request to the schools (DLSU, ADMU & SBC) for franz, sandy and ato be released from their school commitments.

Franz has a live contract with La Salle and i guess, Sandy with Ateneo & Ato with San Beda. Whether they like it or not to work full time with the RP Youth Team, they know very well that they still have obligations with their respective schools. I'm very sure if the SBP makes a request to these schools to temporarily release the 3 from their commitments, these schools would not turn down the request.

But up to now, no request has been made by SBP and If i'm going to make a personal conclusion for the no-action so far and also basing from the statement made by Pato Gregorio, the SBP understands fully well that the requirements for players & coaching staff are different.

But the main point here is all about one's commitment to do service for the country and by agreeing to be a part of the RP Youth Team, the coaching staff have fulfilled their obligation to the country.

Whether it is full time or not, what matters most is that they did not let their country down in imparting their God-given talents.

Wang-Bu
02-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Kung masakit ang una, sabi ng mga marurunong ay masarap naman na ang pangalawa. Ang tanong: sa kaso kayo nung sinasabing PEP test scandal kung saan sangkot ang dalawang dating manlalaro ng Green Archers, hindi kaya masakit pa din ang pangalawa? Ang pangalawang sinasabi ay ang pangalawang bugso o ikalawang kabanata ng sinasabing usapin, kung saan ang mismong tatay ng isng nasangkot na manlalaro ay ihahayag na daw ang kabuuan ng nasabing usapin, pati na ang ilang bahaging tila hindi yata nabigyan ng pansin. Ang sinasabing mga hindi gaano nabigyan ng pansing bahagi ng usapin ay ilalathala na daw ni tatay, pati na mga partikular na personalidad na diumano ay siyang mga nag-ayos sa mga kahinahinalang PEP test.

Sa totoo lang, papano nga ba nagiging antedated ang pechang epektibo ang resulta ng isang pagsusulit?

bchoter
02-02-2008, 10:03 PM
^ Paminsan-minsan ka nalang dumalaw dito pero malaman ang mensahe mo ;) Ispelingin mo na kaya sir :D

pio_valenz
02-05-2008, 03:25 AM
Leave without pay pala ang nasusunod sa isang pamantansan sa UAAP. Yan tuloy, nawala yung isang "empleyado" nila.

LION
02-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Kung masakit ang una, sabi ng mga marurunong ay masarap naman na ang pangalawa. Ang tanong: sa kaso kayo nung sinasabing PEP test scandal kung saan sangkot ang dalawang dating manlalaro ng Green Archers, hindi kaya masakit pa din ang pangalawa? Ang pangalawang sinasabi ay ang pangalawang bugso o ikalawang kabanata ng sinasabing usapin, kung saan ang mismong tatay ng isng nasangkot na manlalaro ay ihahayag na daw ang kabuuan ng nasabing usapin, pati na ang ilang bahaging tila hindi yata nabigyan ng pansin. Ang sinasabing mga hindi gaano nabigyan ng pansing bahagi ng usapin ay ilalathala na daw ni tatay, pati na mga partikular na personalidad na diumano ay siyang mga nag-ayos sa mga kahinahinalang PEP test.

Sa totoo lang, papano nga ba nagiging antedated ang pechang epektibo ang resulta ng isang pagsusulit?

Hanep ka talagang bumanat pareng Wang-Bu. Konting detalye naman. ;D

canmaker
02-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Bossing WB,

Nasa UE pa ba ang trusted ni Derek Pumaren na Asst Coach, si Jun Tiongco?

======

joelex
02-06-2008, 01:47 AM
a one on one PBA trade is said to be in the works involving an atenean and a lasallite.

amdgc82
02-06-2008, 06:28 AM
http://www.abante-tonite.com/issue/feb0608/sports_laykdatan.htm

Walang usok kung walang apoy
LAYKDATAN ni Zaldy Perez

Gaano kaya tutuo ang balita na dalawa sa mga key players ng Talk ‘N Text ay iti-trade sa San Miguel ang team na pinagmulan ni head coach Chot Reyes.

Kaugnay ito ng naunang kumalat na balita na may plano ang management nag awing pawang Atenista ang players ng Phonepals.

Ang dalawang players na balak i-trade umano ng Phonepals ay sina Ren-ren Ritualo, galing ng La Salle at Harvey Carey na isang Fil-am, kapalit ng dalawang Ateneans na sina Larry Fonacier at Enrico Villanueva.

Anyway, ang balitang ito ay pinatay na kaagad ng statement ni Reyes matapos na tanungin siya ng isang sportswriter tungkol sa ilang araw na ring topic sa sirkulo ng mga taga-sports.

Wala daw katotohanan ang balita at wala siyang balak na galawin ang kasalukuyang line-up.

Well, siguro eh, for the meantime lamang dahil kauupo lamang niya as head coach ng Phonepals at kaila*ngang pag-aralan muna ang sitwasyon.
Isa pa, maaaring naunahan lamang ang management ng maagang pagka-leak ng balita kaya kailangan munang itigil ang negosasyon.

Sabi nga ng kasabihan “walang usok kung walang apoy.”
Sinabi pa umano ni Reyes na walang nagkaka-interes sa kanyang mga players liban kay MacMac Cardona.

Ito’y ispekulasyon lamang ng Laykdatan, pero, malaki ang aking paniniwala na nagkaroon na ng pag-uusap sa pagitan ng San Miguel at Talk ‘N Text, kaya nga lamang eh maaaring hindi pumayag ang Beermen dahil kung kailan lang naman nila nakuha sina Villanueva at Fonacier.

Maaari ding hindi naibigan ng dalawang panig ang mga terms and conditions ng isasagawang trade.

Anyway, hindi naman imposible ang kumalat na balita.

Si Manny V. Pangilinan, owner ng Phonepals at kilalang number one supporter ng Ateneo Blue Eagles, si Reyes at si board rep. Ricky Vargas ay Atenista rin, so, anong masama doon kung puwedeng gawin.

Namamalagay akong hindi pa sa ngayon o sa malapit na hinaharap mangyayari ang balita kaya nag-deny si Chot, pero pasasaan ba’t dun din ang hantungan nila.

shyboy
02-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Why not do a three-player trade? Allado, Ritualo and Cardona for Villanueva, Fonacier and Wesley Gonzales.

easter
02-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Bakit ayaw i-trade si FOnacier eh ayaw naman nilang gamitin sa San Miguel?

bigfreeze_bibby
02-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Bakit ayaw i-trade si FOnacier eh ayaw naman nilang gamitin sa San Miguel?

I definitely agree. Nabubulok talent ni Larry sa San Miguel. Mas astig pa rin siya lumaro nung nasa Red Bull pa siya. I'll go for the trade to Larry elsewhere kung wala siyang balak gamitin ng Magnolia/San Miguel.

coreytaylor
02-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Why not do a three-player trade? Allado, Ritualo and Cardona for Villanueva, Fonacier and Wesley Gonzales.

Hands up to those who agree... (my both hands are all ready up) ;D

Scout
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM
saw this exchange in another forum:

"I heard and read also that Nico Salva, Ryan Buenafe, Justin Chua, Vince Burke and Clark Bautista are playing for ADMU? All of them?"

Yes I have read about that too... FEU has some agile giants in their fold and I have heard about a 6'9" Fil-Czech already enrolled at DLSU!

mighty_lion
02-07-2008, 06:27 PM
From Pex: JM Wilson of JRU to UP Maroons?

stat
02-07-2008, 08:58 PM
is it true that derek pumaren will coach adamson this season, as a part of building a basketball program in adamson?

Schortsanitis
02-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Yes I have read about that too... FEU has some agile giants in their fold and I have heard about a 6'9" Fil-Czech already enrolled at DLSU!

La Salle does have a 6'7 1/2", Fil-Austrian player over at their High School squad in the person of Arnold Van Opstal, as mentioned by other posters over at the National team forums.

Scout
02-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Van Opstal is a Fil-German studying at DLSZ. The Fil-Czech is reportedly already enrolled in college.

LION
02-08-2008, 09:09 AM
So there will be 2 eastern europeans in DLSU's lineup?.....as against ADMU's 2 americans (long and burke)..... UAAP's version of the cold war..... spy vs. spy. ;D

02-08-2008, 09:14 AM
:D :D :D

This sounds good!!!

danny
02-08-2008, 09:17 AM
So there will be 2 eastern europeans in DLSU's lineup?.....as against ADMU's 2 americans (long and burke)..... UAAP's version of the cold war..... spy vs. spy.* * ;D

Importation galore! Ituloy niyo yan nang mawala sa usapan ang combo-naming Nigerians. Para naman hindi kami ma-akusahang *importer. ;D

LION
02-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Although on the part of ADMU, Long and Burke were not really imported because they are in fact local residents. Parang sa "Dau" (Cainta annex) na lang nakita. :)

mighty_lion
02-08-2008, 09:47 AM
^ Euroboys vs. Amboys. Ayos talaga. ;D

Schortsanitis
02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Van Opstal is a Fil-German studying at DLSZ.* The Fil-Czech is reportedly already enrolled in college.

Hmmm ..... If he's a member, or aspiring member of the varsity team, he should be seen practicing already w/ the team, or something. I hope somebody can come up w/ pics, as proof of hard evidence.

coreytaylor
02-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Van Opstal is a Fil-German studying at DLSZ. The Fil-Czech is reportedly already enrolled in college.

Hmmm ..... If he's a member, or aspiring member of the varsity team, he should be seen practicing already w/ the team, or something. I hope somebody can come up w/ pics, as proof of hard evidence.

Baka tinatago lang siya ng La Salle at baka sa S71 na natin siya makikita.. Abangan..

toti_mendiola
02-08-2008, 12:14 PM

like board shorts vs. bikini trunks.

LION
02-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Hahahahaha! E kung Borat bikini?

danny
02-09-2008, 02:36 AM
Soc Rivera is going to Adamson?* O hindi na to tsismis?

batangueño
02-09-2008, 02:45 AM
Soc Rivera is going to Adamson?* O hindi na to tsismis?

Hindi na tsismis, according to Ma'am nokia:

Yes, as of today, it is confirmed that Soc is going to ADU. pero hindi naman dahil ginugutom na siya sa UP. (i'm sure exaageration lang yun). he is going to ADU because his benefactor told him too, the same person who told/instructed him to go to UP. Now, he instructed Soc to go to ADU. SOc wants to stay in UP. He was very proud to be a UP student, joking repeatedly that he tells the people in his town that he's an UPCAT passer. But i suppose he doesn't have much choice in this matter. Maybe if UP has a coach, the coach can talk to Soc's benefactor.

danny
02-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Hahahahaha! E kung Borat bikini?*

Tsong. Si Soc Rivera... pwede kayang kausapin yung benefactor. May pwesto pa ba?* *;)

Then again, said benefactor, will now involve himself with Adamson. Naks. Matutuwa ang mga Adamsonians.

mighty_lion
02-09-2008, 10:30 AM
SBC is loaded on its frontcourt position. Outside of 5 almost sure frontcourt rotation for the Red Lions next season nandyan pa si Taupa and Afable. We are better off saving cap space for graduating cubs next year and recruit Dela Cruz and/or John Ayala.

ADU from what I saw in the offseason is full of forwards unless most of them are already old. I could only think of CSB as the best destination for Rivera. CSB is in need of young bloods specially on frontcourt positions and he can play there starting Season 85. For me masyadong matagal ang 2 years residency.

fujima04
02-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Isa pang dapat i-consider ay kung lilipat si Soc sa AdU ay kailangan niya ng 2-year residency period.

Bale sa Season 73 na siya makakalaro niyan.

stat
02-09-2008, 12:15 PM
one year lang diba. i think the next big step is having a big time coach.

bchoter
02-09-2008, 12:40 PM
^ Unless there were changes in the rules it should be 2 years.

fujima04
02-09-2008, 04:19 PM
one year lang diba. i think the next big step is having a big time coach.

A 2-year residency is required if a player transfers from one UAAP school to another UAAP school.

1 year if from non-UAAP school galing ang player.

easter
02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Although on the part of ADMU, Long and Burke were not really imported because they are in fact local residents. Parang sa "Dau" (Cainta annex) na lang nakita. :)

The reason for this is that their dads are either Evangelical missionaries or pastors assigned here.

danny
02-10-2008, 06:24 AM
SBC is loaded on its frontcourt position. Outside of 5 almost sure frontcourt rotation for the Red Lions next season nandyan pa si Taupa and Afable. We are better off saving cap space for graduating cubs next year and recruit Dela Cruz and/or John Ayala.

ADU from what I saw in the offseason is full of forwards unless most of them are already old. I could only think of CSB as the best destination for Rivera. CSB is in need of young bloods specially on frontcourt positions and he can play there starting Season 85. For me masyadong matagal ang 2 years residency.

Loaded. ;D

danny
02-10-2008, 08:57 AM
^ Euroboys vs. Amboys. Ayos talaga.* ;D

Mabalik tayo sa mga dayuhan. Ipag one-on-one o kaya two-on-two kaya natin sina Emeka at si Ekwe sa mga Euroboys at Amboys na yan? :D

christian
02-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Anong laban sir? kainan or paputian? :P

bluewing
02-10-2008, 10:49 AM
chess na lang.

PeterPaulMario
02-10-2008, 12:01 PM

Mas malakas kumain yung taga-Mendiola!

Mas maputi rin.......

ang ipin!

O ano, laban pa rin?

coreytaylor
02-10-2008, 12:49 PM

Mas malakas kumain yung taga-Mendiola!

Mas maputi rin.......

ang ipin!

O ano, laban pa rin?

^haha. palakihan na lng ng....... ::)

sapatos? ;D

02-10-2008, 02:57 PM

Mabalik tayo sa mga dayuhan. Ipag one-on-one o kaya two-on-two kaya natin sina Emeka at si Ekwe sa mga Euroboys at Amboys na yan? :D

Pwede!!! The Prague raised but Philippine born Fil Czech is a three point specialist, btw.

mighty_lion
02-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Himala walang bagong tsismis ngayon. ;D

danny
02-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Pwede!!!* The Prague raised but Philippine born Fil Czech is a three point specialist,* btw.

Oh man! Then I guess we have to tell Sam to finally deliver the same.
Otherwise wala siyang Burger King at French Fries. Gugugtumin namin siya!

Your are right Mighty Lion, all clear in the "tsismis" front. :D

Jaco D
02-12-2008, 04:25 AM
Mabalik tayo sa mga dayuhan. Ipag one-on-one o kaya two-on-two kaya natin sina Emeka at si Ekwe sa mga Euroboys at Amboys na yan?

Ano ito, basketbol o tag-team wrestling?* Puwedeng pagperahan iyan sa perya.

toti_mendiola
02-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Mabalik tayo sa mga dayuhan. Ipag one-on-one o kaya two-on-two kaya natin sina Emeka at si Ekwe sa mga Euroboys at Amboys na yan?

Ano ito, basketbol o tag-team wrestling? Puwedeng pagperahan iyan sa perya.
javelin throw ata wherein our boys have the clear advantage. Nasa cultura nila ang pagsibat eh. hehe

oca
02-18-2008, 12:20 PM
In at least 3 occasions dating back to October 2007, Top Pick was seen at Mendiola talking with a Red alumnus. Nothing seems unusual on the surface. But the one who shared this information was asking. “Ano naman ang sasadyain ni Top Pick sa kanya?."

Oo nga naman.Does Red alumnus serve as liason when he wants to send a message to the benefactor of the school that has introduced him as a recruit? In the first place, alam ba nang mga taga-Kyusi na makailang ulit may kinatagpo si recruit sa Mendiola? Aba, hindi ito basta alumnus, infact I was also told he will represent the Red school in the ManCom next season.

Hey, Top Pick, bakit nga ba?

bchoter
02-18-2008, 12:58 PM
^ And daming sub-plot ah. But my bet is Top Pick will stay in Kyusi.

LION
02-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Yang si top pick e matagal nang padaan daan sa Mendiola. Naninigurado kasi yung bata. Mukhang 2 lang naman ang gusto niyang puntahan - katipunan at mendiola. Pero alam ng lahat na una sa listahan niya yung katipunan.

Pero linawin ko lang, hindi namin tinatawagan o pinapatawag si top pick. Siya ang pumupunta. At maraming alumni ng Mendiola ang nagtatanong bakit ba pumupunta pa yan sa Mendiola e alam naman ng lahat na ang gusto talaga niyang puntahan ay Katipunan.

Pero "in fairness" to top pick. Hindi naman siya humihingi ng kung ano ano kung sakaling "mapupunta" siya sa Mendiola. Kung tutuusin, hindi para sa sarili niya yung isa sa tatlong bagay na pinapakiusap niya.

Tama si bchoter, 99% top pick will stay in kyusi. Sabi nga ni benefactor, nahuhuli na raw kami sa recruitment this year. ;D

E papano naman, kuntento na kasi kami kay Kevin at Jake. At gusto rin naman kasi naming maibalik sa lineup si Du Canals (isasabak ko sa 3 pt shooting ito laban kay Chip Engelland) at kung pwede sana isa pang miyembro ng Team Behold na matagal na ring nag aantay ng break.

oca
02-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Walang'ya, LION, ikaw na pala si top pick! ;D ;D ;D Sagutin ba yung tanong ko.

Now, I know kung ano yung biro mo minsan na may alas kayo sa pagkuha kay top pick dahil may nursing ang SBC. I think yun ang isang hinihiling ng bata which you said is "hindi para sa kanya".

Is he asking for a discount or free tuition for a sibling who wants to take up nursing? Noble intentions on the part of the kid. Now, are the boosters of ADMU making arrangements to provide that for his sibling? Yung tipong bigyan ng malaking allowance at duon na kunin ng family yung pang-nursing ng kapatid. No malice intended in asking that. I just figure, the sibling's schooling must be in RB's mind constantly.

Well, top pick, good luck. I hope that "hiling" is realized in whatever form regardless what school you play for.

bchoter
02-18-2008, 02:44 PM
^ Sa pagkakaalam ko mataas pa rin ang passing rate ng UST sa nursing... mabanggit nga ito kay coach Cenen ng maiparinig niya sa Baste habang nag aassist siya kay coach Gallent :D.

Subalit... pagkahaba haba mang ng prusisyon sa Loyola pa din ang tuloy?

joelex
02-18-2008, 02:51 PM
sabi ng isa kong matalik na kaibigang atenista, hindi daw pumasa si buenafe sa ACET. 100% sure wala pangalan niya sa listahan. Samantalang wait listed si Burke at si Salva. Pasado naman daw si Justin Chua.

bchoter
02-18-2008, 03:39 PM
^ It's easy to say that a friend of a friend of a friend has first hand account of a certain issue. But for now I'm leaning towards the post in the BEN that's supposed to have ended the speculation about the result that came out in January. Read the post that quotes Ricky Palou that says Buenafe's exam's result will come out in March (or late Feb nga ba).

jkad
02-18-2008, 06:29 PM
ACET results of the January applicants is already posted at the Office of Admission and Aid...I haven't seen it but I heard that Buenafe didn't pass...but that won't stop there, the team will probably appeal and Ateneo will probably accept him. It's a myth that all of Ateneo's athletes pass the ACET. THe other 3 are either accepted or waitlisted which means they will probably make it because many accepted applicants don't actually choose to enroll.

It should be noted that NOT ONLY ATHLETES go through the appeal process. My friend's daughter did not pass nor get waitlisted in last year's ACET but she appealed. She was eventually accepted because I guess there were available slots after all accepted and waitlisted applicants enrolled.

yznier
02-19-2008, 08:39 AM
sabi ng isa kong matalik na kaibigang atenista, hindi daw pumasa si buenafe sa ACET. 100% sure wala pangalan niya sa listahan. Samantalang wait listed si Burke at si Salva. Pasado naman daw si Justin Chua.

I've personally seen the posted results. This is correct.

blueatheart
02-20-2008, 09:38 PM
how bout the others?

coreytaylor
02-21-2008, 10:47 AM
^ how about vince fran, bon jovi cipriano, and clark bautista? diba they also took the ACET? did they pass?

danny
02-24-2008, 03:09 AM
ACET results of the January applicants is already posted at the Office of Admission and Aid...I haven't seen it but I heard that Buenafe didn't pass...but that won't stop there, the team will probably appeal and Ateneo will probably accept him.* It's a myth that all of Ateneo's athletes pass the ACET.* THe other 3 are either accepted or waitlisted which means they will probably make it because many accepted applicants don't actually choose to enroll.

It should be noted that NOT ONLY ATHLETES go through the appeal process.* My friend's daughter did not pass nor get waitlisted in last year's ACET but she appealed.* She was eventually accepted because I guess there were available slots after all accepted and waitlisted applicants enrolled.

This is a known fact. It's really not a myth.*

Many of* your detractors simply packaged* and sold this "myth" to get back at you guys. Ateneo is not really different from any other school that allows reconsideration for students with special abilities. e.g. athletes.

jkad
02-24-2008, 04:54 AM
ACET results of the January applicants is already posted at the Office of Admission and Aid...I haven't seen it but I heard that Buenafe didn't pass...but that won't stop there, the team will probably appeal and Ateneo will probably

This is a known fact. It's really not a myth.

Many of your detractors simply packaged and sold this "myth" to get back at you guys. Ateneo is not really different from any other school that allows reconsideration for students with special abilities. e.g. athletes.

Problem is, quite a few fellow Ateneans delude themselves into thinking otherwise

Scout
02-24-2008, 10:54 AM
^^^

I believe it's more than quite a few. ;)

shyboy
02-24-2008, 02:41 PM
^* Just do some back-reading in this site and other online fora and realize they're not just a few.* This was spread out as gospel truth, and now a "myth" spin is in the works.

Pang-tsismis thread talaga yang mga ACET passers daw lahat ng players nila. :P

Schortsanitis
02-25-2008, 04:14 PM
There's a rumor at the "other" forum, that the FMC Open Cup Finals game will be played at the Araneta Coliseum before Game 7 of the 2007-2008 PBA Philippine Cup, if that series goes all the way to Game 7.

Paging, Anthony Servinio ......

gameface_one
02-25-2008, 09:03 PM
^^^^Yup. This is true. We will know soon.

Guardian Angel
02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
^* Just do some back-reading in this site and other online fora and realize they're not just a few.* This was spread out as gospel truth, and now a "myth" spin is in the works.

Pang-tsismis thread talaga yang mga ACET passers daw lahat ng players nila.* :P

I would like to invite anyone so minded to go to the Ateneo college now (in front of Admission and Aid, Kostka Hall, ground floor) to see for themselves the results of the January ACET. Then post again here. Baka maraming kumain ng salita nila.

Schortsanitis
02-26-2008, 08:58 AM

That'd be great if it pushes thru.

Schortsanitis
02-26-2008, 08:59 AM
I would like to invite anyone so minded to go to the Ateneo college now (in front of Admission and Aid, Kostka Hall, ground floor) to see for themselves the results of the January ACET.* Then post again here. Baka maraming kumain ng salita nila.

I hope somebody can take cel cam pics of the interesting names that have come up on the ACET test results .....

joelex
02-26-2008, 07:16 PM

I would like to invite anyone so minded to go to the Ateneo college now (in front of Admission and Aid, Kostka Hall, ground floor) to see for themselves the results of the January ACET.* Then post again here. Baka maraming kumain ng salita nila.

WALANG BUENAFE. BAGSAK

glock23
02-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Wala din ang justin shaun rodriguez chua.....BAGSAK!

bluegirl
02-26-2008, 09:59 PM

wala saan? sa online list? u might want to try placing R instead of rodriguez. waitlisted sya.

King_stag
02-26-2008, 10:05 PM

WALANG BUENAFE. BAGSAK

When Eveything fails, u can always comeback home. hehehe :P.

joelex
02-26-2008, 11:06 PM

meron pare. pasado. buenafe lang wala.

danny
02-27-2008, 06:20 AM
When Eveything fails, u can always comeback home. hehehe* :P.

E naglalakad si Buenafe sa Baste naka Ateneo shirt na daw. Baka sapakin siya ni Fr. Vertodazo kapag nakita siya. ;D

Sana nga bumalik si Buenafe sa San Sebastian. Magandang laban yan sa NCAA.

LION
02-27-2008, 07:47 AM
^ Sana nga bumalik na lang sa San Sebastian kung hindi matuloy sa Ateneo.

JonarSabilano
02-27-2008, 10:23 AM
For people who don't know how Ateneo recruits its players, all of them must take the ACET first. If they pass, it's a go for them. If they are wait-listed, they have to wait until an accepted (non-athletic or otherwise) applicant decides not to enroll. Wait-listing is NOT synonymous to failing. It just means that the quota is full, and their ACET scores are a borderline "pass" (pasang-awa). If they do not pass the entrance exam, they can always ask for reconsideration.

Almost 15,000 graduating HS students take the ACET every year, and only 2,000 are accepted right away. Not passing the ACET, or any college entrance test, does not imply a lack of intelligence on the applicant's part. There are other factors which could affect an applicant's mindset on testing day. I myself had a particularly hard time with my UPCAT, but only because I was seated right next to a girl wearing what seemed to be expired perfume in one of the air-conditioned rooms in the College of Business Administration. I did pass the UPCAT (got my second choice of campus), but chose Ateneo instead. A friend of mine did not make the grade at UA & P, but passed the ACET and graduated with honors and is now taking his master's studies at McGill. There are also cases of students accepted via the reconsideration process who went on to get into the Dean's List.

My gut feel is that Buenafe will still enroll in Ateneo this year. Once he's there, though, he has to work his butt out to maintain the QPI. If he is used to getting special treatment in Baste, this will not be the case if he does decide to enroll in Ateneo this June. Tutors are usually provided to athletes but grades are definitely not cooked to make them pass. In fact, not a few athletes have been let go in the past due to QPI issues, like Ryan Pamintuan in 2001.

glock23
02-27-2008, 01:09 PM

meron pare. pasado. buenafe lang wala.

good then! :)

glock23
02-27-2008, 01:20 PM
For people who don't know how Ateneo recruits its players, all of them must take the ACET first. If they pass, it's a go for them. If they are wait-listed, they have to wait until an accepted (non-athletic or otherwise) applicant decides not to enroll. Wait-listing is NOT synonymous to failing. It just means that the quota is full, and their ACET scores are a borderline "pass" (pasang-awa). If they do not pass the entrance exam, they can always ask for reconsideration.

Almost 15,000 graduating HS students take the ACET every year, and only 2,000 are accepted right away. Not passing the ACET, or any college entrance test, does not imply a lack of intelligence on the applicant's part. There are other factors which could affect an applicant's mindset on testing day. I myself had a particularly hard time with my UPCAT, but only because I was seated right next to a girl wearing what seemed to be expired perfume in one of the air-conditioned rooms in the College of Business Administration. I did pass the UPCAT (got my second choice of campus), but chose Ateneo instead. A friend of mine did not make the grade at UA & P, but passed the ACET and graduated with honors and is now taking his master's studies at McGill. There are also cases of students accepted via the reconsideration process who went on to get into the Dean's List.

My gut feel is that Buenafe will still enroll in Ateneo this year. Once he's there, though, he has to work his butt out to maintain the QPI. If he is used to getting special treatment in Baste, this will not be the case if he does decide to enroll in Ateneo this June. Tutors are usually provided to athletes but grades are definitely not cooked to make them pass. In fact, not a few athletes have been let go in the past due to QPI issues, like Ryan Pamintuan in 2001.

i totally agree with you on the mindset thing! you must be pretty smart to pass the UPCAT with that kind of "distraction" a foot a way from you!

Yes, no matter what happens buenafe will enroll and play for ateneo. :)

Schortsanitis
02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Is this really Justin Chua of CKSC? I thought he passed

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/2295152211_200d4fe9d4.jpg

* Taken from the ACET website

glock23
02-27-2008, 05:15 PM
^ That's him!

bluegirl
02-27-2008, 10:10 PM
^ That's him!

akala ko BAGSAK??!! ::)

glock23
02-28-2008, 05:18 PM
ang waitlisted pala pasado? my bad then ::)

JonarSabilano
02-28-2008, 05:27 PM
ang waitlisted pala pasado? my bad then* ::)

In case you didn't read my post earlier, it's like a "borderline" pass. Since admission into the Loyola Schools is competitive, there are those who do not make the cutoff outright and have to wait until some of those who were accepted decide not to enroll.

By the way, what's with the ::)?

gameface_one
02-28-2008, 09:57 PM

That'd be great if it pushes thru.

I was informed that this will not push thru due to the limited time given by the Araneta Coliseum Management to the PBA. FMC finals will be on Sunday, 10 am at the San Beda gym.

bluegirl
02-28-2008, 10:12 PM
ang waitlisted pala pasado? my bad then ::)

well ang waitlisted, hindi BAGSAK. kasi kung BAGSAK sya, his name wouldn't have appeared in the first place.

pio_valenz
02-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Gosh, I wonder if he'll be accepted. ::)

glock23
03-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Gosh, I wonder if he'll be accepted. ::)

Walang kadudadudang tanggap yan! kudos to him!

kapelight
03-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Sino ba ulit yung coach na hakahakang bading? School na lang kung di masagot... hehehe ???

person
03-10-2008, 07:08 PM
where will Clark Bautista play? why is it that their is no news about where he's going to play?

batangueño
03-12-2008, 10:34 PM
As long as walang confirmation from the Adamson people, this item should stay here in the tsismis thread:

Totoo kaya ang balita na bukod kay Soc Rivera ay lilipat na din si Dexter Rosales sa Adamson?

Out_Of_The_Blue
03-20-2008, 12:29 AM
A 6-5 and 6-7 Fil-Canadian/Fil-Am reportedly heading to Taft. Magagaling. Pang National Team. :)

BLUE HORSE
03-20-2008, 01:31 AM
You mean national youth team! :P Si Monacelli ba? The old adage of playing for flag and country has been replaced by playing for green and white. This year it was Norman Black who cornered the market for blue chippers. Next year, it will be DLSU thanks to the National Youth team players. Mahaba rin and listahan ng layaway players ng DLSU, season 71, 72, and finally 73. Kulang na lang palitan ang uniform ng youth team to green and white para seamless and transition! :P

Schortsanitis
03-20-2008, 10:11 AM
A 6-5 and 6-7 Fil-Canadian/Fil-Am reportedly heading to Taft. Magagaling. Pang National Team.* :)

Holy cow. Nico Monachini, & Kyle Pascual?

Nico Monachini is a monster in the paint, only 6'6", yet beating bigger Centers & becoming a big High School star there in Canada.

Holy cow.

JonarSabilano
03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
A 6-5 and 6-7 Fil-Canadian/Fil-Am reportedly heading to Taft. Magagaling. Pang National Team.* :)

Holy cow.* Nico Monachini, & Kyle Pascual?*

Nico Monachini is a monster in the paint, only 6'6", yet beating bigger Centers & becoming a big High School star there in Canada.*

Holy cow.*

Monachini? But he's already committed to Yuba College in California.

fujima04
04-08-2008, 05:11 AM
Wala bang bagong chika diyan? ;D

salsa caballero
04-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Yung Monachinni, hindi 'ata darating kasi nga may ibang school. Hindi bale, may monakiki naman tayo sa mga SM... :D

*remembers 'may monay ka na...may t-shirt ka pa' spiel of giselle sanchez on 90's era Lunchdate*

Seriously, yung malaki na galing Canada, Norbert Torres yata ang pangalan...

BLUE HORSE
04-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Salsa,

Norbert Torres is from the Toronto area, Oakville yata. He plays for one of the under 16 team based in Toronto that competes in the traveling AAU circuit. I am not sure if he ever played against the Chicago Pinoy team that competes in the inter-city summer tournaments. The Toro boys from my batch may have heard of him. What I can not understand is how he can get the time off from school to practice with "team B" of DLSU in California? School is not over unless the school of Torres was on Spring break.

The_Big_Cat
04-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Yung Monachinni, hindi 'ata darating kasi nga may ibang school. Hindi bale, may monakiki naman tayo sa mga SM... :D

*remembers 'may monay ka na...may t-shirt ka pa' spiel of giselle sanchez on 90's era Lunchdate*

It was Randy Santiago also from Lunchdate that originally coined that phrase whenever he would thank the clothing outfit.

:D :D

salsa caballero
04-08-2008, 03:44 PM
What I can not understand is how he can get the time off from school to practice with "team B" of DLSU in California?* School is not over unless the school of Torres was on Spring break.

Hi Blue Horse,

Back in the day it was called "cutting class" :)

Hi Cat,

Yes, Randy Santiago was in on it too...sila ni Giselle nagkukulitan nun... :)

On Topic - It looks like this recruiting rivalry will have an international dimension soon ;) I wonder if the powers-that-be will keep the peace in the race to build both a strong national youth team, and secure bragging rights for local leagues. Remember, these two interests do not necessarily intersect....

joelex
04-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Lahat ng lang ng pakulo ni Eala, di maituloy tuloy.

Boksing niya sa Dubai, cancelado.

Ngayon maaring totoo nga ang napapabalitang hanggat plano na lang ang Ligang ito at kapos sa maraming aspeto.

BLUE HORSE
04-11-2008, 05:27 AM
What I can not understand is how he can get the time off from school to practice with "team B" of DLSU in California?* School is not over unless the school of Torres was on Spring break.

Hi Blue Horse,

Back in the day it was called "cutting class"* :)

Hi Cat,

Yes, Randy Santiago was in on it too...sila ni Giselle nagkukulitan nun... :)

On Topic - It looks like this recruiting rivalry will have an international dimension soon ;) I wonder if the powers-that-be will keep the peace in the race to build both a strong national youth team, and secure bragging rights for local leagues. Remember, these two interests do not necessarily intersect....

Ang sabi nga sa kabila, wait until season 72,73 and 74 when they take their revenge on the rest of the UAAP. If the Fil-Canadians start their residency this coming season, the bragging rights will include "my Fil-import is better than your Fil-something"!

Schortsanitis
04-11-2008, 09:47 AM

Off Topic: I think Randy Santiago also kept saying something like, " Sa MONAKIKI, kung saan makikita mo si MONA at ang kanyang ..... mga damit".

;D ;D ;D

Liga Pilipinas
04-12-2008, 02:25 PM

Ngayon maaring totoo nga ang napapabalitang hanggat plano na lang ang Ligang ito at kapos sa maraming aspeto.

* * *Contrary to what you have posted, Liga Pilipinas will push through very soon.* In fact, there will be a major meeting next week of the league's stakeholders and prospective teams in Manila that will more or less finalize the league's plans.

joelex
04-12-2008, 03:28 PM

* * *Contrary to what you have posted, Liga Pilipinas will push through very soon.* In fact, there will be a major meeting next week of the league's stakeholders and prospective teams in Manila that will more or less finalize the league's plans.

great news indeed. more players will get a chance to play and be discovered. sana televised ito.

pachador
04-30-2008, 12:25 AM
sino naman ito si Joy? hehehe baka naman may love angle ito?
April 30, 2008 06:30 Journal

De Vance citizenship questioned
JOE Calvin De Vance, Jr., a mainstay of Welcoat in the Philippine Basketball Association, is in ‘hot water’ for alleged misrepresentation of his Filipino citizenship.

This was the information gathered yesterday by PJ at the Office of Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan.

A certain Joy B. Garcia of No. 7067 Wilson St., Makati City filed a complaint against De Vance last March 12, 2008 questioning his real citizenship.

De Vance was the No. 1 pick in the first round of the 2007 PBA Draft.

In her complaint, Garcia said De Vance is ineligible to play in the PBA because he is not a citizen of the Philippines and, as an alien, has been playing without the requisite special working permit from the labor department. Willy Balasa

bchoter
04-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Parang spurned lover ito ah :D

bluegirl
04-30-2008, 11:51 AM
feel ko rin.. sabi nga nila di ba, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned... hahaha

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Ang galing naman ni Joe De Vance at nalusutan niya ang Bureau of Immigration and Secretary Raul Gonzales of the Department of Justice in falsifying his documents to play in the PBA? ;D

Someone has to pay for the "broken heart" kasi eh. :D :D

batangueño
04-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Ang galing naman ni Joe De Vance at nalusutan niya ang Bureau of Immigration and Secretary Raul Gonzales of the Department of Justice in falsifying his documents to play in the PBA?* ;Dhas to pay for the "broken heart"

Kabayang The_Big_Cat, baka naman may "backer" kaya nakalusot. ;) ;D

King_stag
04-30-2008, 01:57 PM
At tlagang ngayon lang ng-reklamo. Poor joe, isnt it enough that he told the media that he likes adobo? with conviction. hehe, if that is the only basis pasado ka na pare! ::)

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 02:04 PM
What the alleged complainant of Joe De Vance, Joy B. Garcia, needs is a lot of "Ligaya". Mukhang kulang lang sa masahe si Joy. ;D :D

King_stag
04-30-2008, 02:12 PM
What the alleged complainant of Joe De Vance, Joy B. Garcia, needs is a lot of "Ligaya". Mukhang kulang lang sa masahe si Joy. ;D :D

Maybe Ms. Joy garcia had so much of that "ligaya" from Joe that she wants joe for herself. :D

The_Big_Cat
04-30-2008, 02:19 PM

Maybe Ms. Joy garcia had so much of that "ligaya" from Joe that she wants joe for herself. :D

Kulang lang sa thrust. Suwagin mo na King_Stag. ;D ;D

King_stag
04-30-2008, 02:31 PM
I have a hunch that this msytery girl is a cougar. hehe :o
Okay, since this is the chismax thread i'll add up.

Blind Item:

This former NU bulldog (my neightbor) courted this filthy rich girl just to borrow her car and support him. That's how desperate he is.

LION
04-30-2008, 07:19 PM

Maybe Ms. Joy garcia had so much of that "ligaya" from Joe that she wants joe for herself.* :D

Kulang lang sa thrust. Suwagin mo na King_Stag.* ;D ;D

Once you go black....... ;)

bchoter
04-30-2008, 07:29 PM
I have a hunch that this msytery girl is a cougar. hehe* :o

Blind Item:

This former NU bulldog (my neightbor) courted this filthy rich girl just to borrow her car and support him. That's how desperate he is.
Sige ako din... I once had a former Stag for a neighbor who has a filthy rich but not so young girl as a regular visitor during specific days of the week. On other specific dates of the week another, uhm, non-girl, visits him in. The non-girl drives different vehicles (SUVs). One time there's another girl, an almost has been starlet, who was making as scene at the ground floor of the building demanding that the guard let the Stud, err, Stag out. A couple of months back there's a tsimis in the building that she got another tenant pregnant. This time she really is a 19 year-old college student. Ronald Magtulis :D

LION
04-30-2008, 07:31 PM

Blind Item:

Sige ako din... I once had a former Stag for a neighbor who has a filthy rich but not so young girl as a regular visitor during specific days of the week. On other specific dates of the week another, uhm, non-girl, visits him in. The non-girl drives different vehicles (SUVs). One time there's another girl, an almost has been starlet, who was making as scene at the ground floor of the building demanding that the guard let the Stud, err, Stag out. A couple of months back there's a tsimis in the building that she got another tenant pregnant. This time she really is a 19 year-old college student. Ronald Magtulis :D

Sir medyo may sablay yata. :)

King_stag
04-30-2008, 08:45 PM

Blind Item:

Matulis nga, double-edged sword. hehe ;D

Jaco D
04-30-2008, 10:06 PM

Isn't "Joy" one of the possible nicknames for Josephine?* Now a common nickname back home for Josephine is "Pining", just like Salvador is "Badong", etc.* Her name would therefore be... ::)

Mateen Cleaves
04-30-2008, 10:30 PM

Isn't "Joy" one of the possible nicknames for Josephine? Now a common nickname back home for Josephine is "Pining", just like Salvador is "Badong", etc. Her name would therefore be... ::)

...Badong Garcia? ;D

evil_fish
05-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Eto bagong-bago...

May isang pointguard from a champion high school team na sinusubukang i-recruit ng isang second-tier UAAP university. Ang offer among others is a starting spot on the team, free meals during his stay with the university, at free lifetime medical coverage/hospitalization for him and his whole family.

Agree, dose.

It's not you. It's the kid.* * :)

UST = 2nd tier????
PG from a champion HS team = Jeric Fortuna????

Kennedy
06-19-2008, 02:48 PM
UAAP contender hotshot Debutante Teenager, a close associate of Very Important Player offers mid-level NCAA school Athletics moderator First Gentleman 50k for the release of the papers of Rookie Boy....FG maintains his asking price of upwards of 300k... Debutante haggles and finally convinces FG.... they close at 120k....

this is a gossip thread, 'no? :-*

Questions:

-- the NCAA school will simply say it is for Rookie Boy's tenure there?
-- at least now he can enroll, yes?
-- will the cash even reach the school?
-- Rookie Boy failed the entrance test? How true? Is he also in the waiting list like Jimmy Choo?

woohoo...... ;)

atenista_comm
06-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Check this... :D

http://forums3.archerpride.com/index.php?showtopic=3323&st=30&#entry87964

It talks about certain personalities who most of us know. :D

Chichiiiiiiiiiii! :P

bluewing
06-19-2008, 03:51 PM
^

Fetish? ;D

Kennedy
06-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Pseudo ATTORNEY Panelo Gonzales (did he even pass the Bar? AFAIK he failed -- he shouldn't even be a Notary Public!) is also one of the enablers of Very Important Person........he was in on this deal........

8) 8) 8)

JonarSabilano
06-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Malamang hindi lawyer si Panelo Gonzales. Wala naman kasing taong ganun ang pangalan, dude.

gameface_one
06-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Si Tambay sa Recto raw babalik at magpapasabog na naman ng matitinding tsismis na uugong sa mundo ng pilipinas basketbol? .....abangan siya sa BASKETBOLISTA!

danny
06-20-2008, 04:09 AM
^^^

Naks naman. Si tambay, pang BASKETBOLISTA na. Ayos!

Kennedy
06-20-2008, 06:28 AM
Malamang hindi lawyer si Panelo Gonzales. Wala naman kasing taong ganun ang pangalan, dude.

It ain't his real name....thought you'd get it ::)

toti_mendiola
06-20-2008, 07:24 AM
P.G.? Patay gutom?

shyboy
06-20-2008, 07:56 AM
^ Kapatid ng coach?

JonarSabilano
06-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Ah. Baka Pers Gentleman.

06-20-2008, 09:45 AM
"ATTORNEY" daw.... pwede!!!

sweettwentyone
06-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Lady eagle to get married this season? Spreading news is that Trina Limegnco is getting married to her corporate executive boyfriend?

Jump_Shooter
06-25-2008, 04:27 PM
I think this topic is better off at the BEN, if in fact it should be discussed at all. But I'll leave that for the BEN mod to decide. Calling on Ms. Carrot...

Bennie Bangag
06-27-2008, 08:48 AM
jump_shooter, i would suggest putting this bit of chismax in the tsismis thread :)

5FootCarrot
06-27-2008, 08:52 AM
I agree with Bennie, this is better off in the Hoopedia tsismis thread. BEN posting guidelines discourage intrusive discussions on the players' personal lives.

batangueño
06-30-2008, 08:48 AM
So, is it true that UP scored a last minute major recruitment victory before the start of the 71st season of the UAAP? UP allegedly was able to recruit a 16-year old kid, who is related to a famous PBA playe, by giving him money to take the jeepney ride from Katipunan to Balara and then from Balara, another jeepney ride through the UP Ikot route that took him to his rumored final destination- the UP Gym. ;D

JonarSabilano
06-30-2008, 08:52 AM
So, is it true that UP scored a last minute major recruitment victory before the start of the 71st season of the UAAP? UP allegedly was able to recruit a 16-year old kid, who is related to a famous PBA playe, by giving him money to take the jeepney ride from Katipunan to Balara and then from Balara, another jeepney ride through the UP Ikot route that took him to his rumored final destination- the UP Gym. ;D

It's in the BEN. Check it out.

LION
06-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Jeepney ride? Wala bang helicopter na nagdala sa kanya? :)

batangueño
06-30-2008, 09:11 AM
It's in the BEN. Check it out.

Salamat kabayan. :)

Mukhang hindi na nga yata tsismis yun. Nakalipat na daw eh. Eligible ba yung bata this year o pang-next year na siya? ???

batangueño
06-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Jeepney ride? Wala bang helicopter na nagdala sa kanya? :)

Lapit lang daw kaya pwede nang mag-jeep. ;D

LION
06-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Jeepney ride? Wala bang helicopter na nagdala sa kanya?* *:)* *

Lapit lang daw kaya pwede nang mag-jeep. ;D

Ah ok. Yung uncle kasi helicopter daw e.

batangueño
06-30-2008, 09:14 AM

Magiging kasingtindi kaya ng helicopter si pamangkin? ;)

LION
06-30-2008, 09:16 AM

Magiging kasingtindi kaya ng helicopter si pamangkin? ;)

Malamang. Magaling naman si Coach Aboy e. Bilib ako diyan. :)

batangueño
06-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Malamang. Magaling naman si Coach Aboy e. Bilib ako diyan. :)

Salamat kabayan. :)

Hindi ako masyadong familiar sa pamangkin since bagong henerasyon na yan pero yung tito, bilib ako dun noong naglalaro pa yun. Hindi ko lang alam kung si tito nga ba ang kasama ni pamangkin na sumakay ng jeep. :o ;D

Paano ba yun, Kabayang LION? Eligible ba siya for this year o 2009 na namin siya makikitang nakasuot ng Iskolar ng Bayan jersey? :)

LION
06-30-2008, 10:26 AM
I am not sure about the UAAP eligibility rules kabayan but since he is a transferee, he might undergo residency. Sabay na sila ni Silungan next year.

UP will be a force to reckon with next year. You just need a legit big man.

BLUE HORSE
06-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Correcrtion, Mike Silungan will have to sit out 2 years for residency as a transfer from the States. Carlo Lastimosa only has to sit out 1 year of residency because he never officially played for team A in the UAAP. Carlo falls in the same predicament as Braganza when the latter transfered to UP after not making varsity after 2 years.

LION
06-30-2008, 06:47 PM
^ 2 years? Wow! That's an eternity for a good baller.

batangueño
06-30-2008, 11:40 PM
It seems like Carlo Lastimosa, although a talented basketball player, was not tapped by Ateneo because the Blue Eagles' line-up is packed with guards who could do the job (Jai Reyes, Kirk Long, etc.). Perhaps Jolas' nephew realized that he will not have any future in the southern side of Katipunan, prompting him to make the move to the northern side by riding the UP Katipunan jeepney.

bchoter
07-01-2008, 01:26 PM
^ 2 years? Wow! That's an eternity for a good baller.* *
^ Parinig ba yan pare? :D

LION
07-01-2008, 01:34 PM

;D ;D ;D

Nagpatumpik tumpik pa kasi e. ;D

Ang gusto ko lang naman talagang sabihin e dun na lang siya sa 1 taon lang ang waiting time. ;D

lekiboy
07-01-2008, 02:16 PM

;D* *;D* *;D*

Nagpatumpik tumpik pa kasi e.* ;D

Ang gusto ko lang naman talagang sabihin e dun na lang siya sa 1 taon lang ang waiting time.* *;D*

champion pa... :):):)

pag di daw nauukol- e di bubukol...

The_Big_Cat
07-01-2008, 03:41 PM
^ 2 years? Wow! That's an eternity for a good baller.

;D ;D ;D

Nagpatumpik tumpik pa kasi e. ;D

Ang gusto ko lang naman talagang sabihin e dun na lang siya sa 1 taon lang ang waiting time. ;D

champion pa... :):):)

pag di daw nauukol- e di bubukol...

Hindi lang champion. Back-to-back champions pa!! ;D

batangueño
07-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Ay sus! Pagbigyan na kasi yung bata. Ayaw daw niya sa polusyon ng Maynila. Doon na lang daw siya sa amin sa Quezon City... Philcoa to be exact. Fresh air daw kasi. ;D

lekiboy
07-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Ay sus! Pagbigyan na kasi yung bata. Ayaw daw niya sa polusyon ng Maynila. Doon na lang daw siya sa amin sa Quezon City... Philcoa to be exact. Fresh air daw kasi. ;D

dre... kaya pupunta sa diliman at lalanghap ng hagin na malinis sa loob ng 2 taon bago maglaro ay dahil ........ may tama sa baga... bwehehehe

batangueño
07-01-2008, 09:24 PM
dre... kaya pupunta sa diliman at lalanghap ng hagin na malinis sa loob ng 2 taon bago maglaro ay dahil ........ may tama sa baga... bwehehehe

Wala naman siguro, Kabayan. Baka konting ubo at sipon lang yan. Kaya na ng Neozep at Robitussin Liquid ang mga ganyang kaso bukod sa malinis na hangin ng Diliman. ;D

Howard the Duck
07-01-2008, 10:29 PM
ano bang kalokohan iyang 2 year residency rule? WTF

batangueño
07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Teka muna. Hindi naman siguro dalawang taon ang residency na dapat bunuin ni Carlo Lastimosa. Hindi naman siya naglaro for Ateneo Team A so I guess one year lang ang residency niya. ???

batangueño
07-03-2008, 11:36 PM
The inevitable tsismis question: Does the UP MBT now has the African connection? :o

nicksy
07-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Teka muna. Hindi naman siguro dalawang taon ang residency na dapat bunuin ni Carlo Lastimosa. Hindi naman siya naglaro for Ateneo Team A so I guess one year lang ang residency niya. ???

eh bakit yun si Mike Gamboa, after ng HS stint niya sa Eaglets deretso siya agad sa UP MBT.

batangueño
07-04-2008, 02:02 AM
eh bakit yun si Mike Gamboa, after ng HS stint niya sa Eaglets deretso siya agad sa UP MBT.

Wala naman problema si Gamboa kasi fresh from high school. Ang alam ko sa kaso ni Lastimosa, from high school ay deretso siya sa Ateneo and became a member of their Team B. Naging college student sa Ateneo si Carlo Lastimosa so the rule on transfer students will apply on him. ???

nicksy
07-04-2008, 07:47 PM

Wala naman problema si Gamboa kasi fresh from high school. Ang alam ko sa kaso ni Lastimosa, from high school ay deretso siya sa Ateneo and became a member of their Team B. Naging college student sa Ateneo si Carlo Lastimosa so the rule on transfer students will apply on him. ???

ok thanks for the info.

Wang-Bu
07-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Totoo ba na ang isang coach sa UAAP ay nanganganib na ang trabaho?

Ayon sa mga bulung-bulungan sa coffee shop ng Makati Supermarket sa Ayala Alabang at sa Sulo Hotel sa QC, meron daw isang coach na pinagsabihan na ng kanyang mga amo na oras na upang siya ay manalo ng kampeonato.

Biruin niyo nga naman na andami na palang pera ang binuhos sa koponan na ito pero hindi pa din manalo. MUNTIKAN na nilang makuha ang korona ngunit DINAGA ang mga lintek at TIKLOP nung nasa Finals na.

Totoo nga ba coach ... ? Aba kung ganun mag-segment ka na lang sa Basketball Crazy ...

batangueño
07-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Manong Wang-Bu, huwag mong sabihin si Coach *toot* *toot* yun. Malaki na nga naman ang perang ipinapasok nila sa koponan nila pero palpak pa din ang output. ;D

Wang-Bu
07-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Sir Batangueno ako sweldohan mo ng ganun kalaki ewan ko lang kung hindi pa ko naka-grand slam matagal na.

bluewing
07-15-2008, 11:54 AM
^

sino yan? yung amin o yung inyo? ;D

GHRanger
07-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Parehong umalis sa RPYT yung dalawang assistant coaches... pareng Bluewing. :D Pero mas kutob ko (base na rin sa nabasa ko sa ibang threads) na ang coach na iyon ay kulay itim ang buhok ng kilay.

bluewing
07-15-2008, 02:19 PM
^

haha. sabi ko nga. ;D

Wang-Bu
07-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Gaano din kayang katotoo na ang isang women's coach ay wala ng ginawa kundi mang-huthot ng pera mula sa kanilang team manager at financier?

Wala pa mang napapakitang gilas si coach ay panay na ang kabig ng pambayad sa ganito at pantustos sa ganoon. Sabagay kung may-ari din ng ilang resort at condotel financier ko puro sahod-palad din porma ko.

bluewing
07-15-2008, 02:20 PM
maligalig si manong wang-bu ngayon ah....

bchoter
07-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Gaano din kayang katotoo na ang isang women's coach ay wala ng ginawa kundi mang-huthot ng pera mula sa kanilang team manager at financier?

Wala pa mang napapakitang gilas si coach ay panay na ang kabig ng pambayad sa ganito at pantustos sa ganoon. Sabagay kung may-ari din ng ilang resort at condotel financier ko puro sahod-palad din porma ko.
Siguardong hisdi si Allan Ascue ito. Walang financier na mahuhut-hutan eh

pio_valenz
07-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Totoo ba na ang isang coach sa UAAP ay nanganganib na ang trabaho?

Ayon sa mga bulung-bulungan sa coffee shop ng Makati Supermarket sa Ayala Alabang at sa Sulo Hotel sa QC, meron daw isang coach na pinagsabihan na ng kanyang mga amo na oras na upang siya ay manalo ng kampeonato.

Biruin niyo nga naman na andami na palang pera ang binuhos sa koponan na ito pero hindi pa din manalo. MUNTIKAN na nilang makuha ang korona ngunit DINAGA ang mga lintek at TIKLOP nung nasa Finals na.

Totoo nga ba coach ... ? Aba kung ganun mag-segment ka na lang sa Basketball Crazy ...

Narinig ko na itong tsimis na ito noong isang linggo pa. Ang mahirap naman kasi sa amo na yun, akala niya "money" can solve everything. ;)

LION
07-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Buti na lang may Frankie Lim kami. ;D

Wang-Bu
07-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Totoo kaya na ang isang nagpapatakbo ng isang sikat na ligang pambata ay matagal ng asar-talo dahil hindi masunod ang gusto niya?

Ano ang gusto niya? Na sana magkatapat sa lahat ng Finals sa lahat ng age group niya ang Ateneo at Lasalle. Madalas kasi mag-champion sa oldest age group niya UST at San Beda. Lahat na daw ng maneobra sinubukan niya. Umabot na nga sa puntong nag-resign ang dati niyang operations manager dahil hindi masikmura ang gusto niyang mangyari.

Sayang naman, future pa naman ng mga bata pinag-uusapan dito ...

Wang-Bu
07-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Sa daigdig naman ng pagpapahayag, gaano katotoo na ang isang malaking sports network ay balasubas sa pagbayad ng talent fee sa kanilang mga hosts?

Sa sobrang bwiset ng isang dati nilang female host ay lumipat na si bebot sa ibang network. May utang pa daw ang balasubas na network sa kanya ng dalawang buwan worth na talent fee na kulang-kulang P50,000.

bluewing
07-16-2008, 01:54 PM
^

natutuwa ako at may steady supply pa rin tayo ng tsismis kahit na sumalangit na ang kaluluwa ni "gido babilonia."* ;D

bchoter
07-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Wow si pareng Wang Bu may alam na rin sa daigdig ng shobiz (basta higanteng network shobiz)

jembengzon
07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
there's some news going around that some uaap referees will be suspended indefinitely. anyone know what that's about ?

batangueño
07-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Kabayang Wang-Bu! Napapadalas yata ang pakikipag-usap mo kina Cristy, Boy at Jobert ah. Puro blind items eh. ;D

glock23
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM
there's some news going around that some uaap referees will be suspended indefinitely. anyone know what that's about ?

That will only be to the benefit of us all, jem! Glad it's happening.

there's this news going around too that a collegiate league commissioner will be replaced after the 1st round. Abangan!

jembengzon
07-17-2008, 03:30 PM

That will only be to the benefit of us all, jem! Glad it's happening.

there's this news going around too that a collegiate league commissioner will be replaced after the 1st round. Abangan!

maybe he needs a haircut* ;D.*

seriously though glock, i agree with you regarding the referee and do hope they dig deep investigating and this guy isn't just a token sacrifical lamb.* *and they get* the real sources, regardless of affiliations.*

salsa caballero
07-17-2008, 04:25 PM
The ref will likely take the hit. The commish in point has barely warmed his seat. Probably premature haka-haka, that one.

Kid Cubao
07-17-2008, 07:09 PM
sacking the commish is wishful thinking by those who want him out at this point. besides, the host school will never want to be construed as having committed a mistake in its choice of commissioner by replacing the current one.

glock23
07-17-2008, 07:16 PM
sacking the commish is wishful thinking by those who want him out at this point. besides, the host school will never want to be construed as having committed a mistake in its choice of commissioner by replacing the current one.

Hope you're right kid.

canmaker
07-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Totoo ba ang balita na suki si Tabaniag ng isang uaap school kapag may practice games ???

bchoter
07-18-2008, 04:43 PM
^ Kung sa UST eh mali yung tsimis dahil madalas si strength and conditioning coach Manny ang referee sa practice games.

Semenelin
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM
may nabasa akong post sa isang forum na isang taga Ghana na ang pangalan ay Chris Aqualafull na dating taga Lyceum ay nagpunta raw NU. any truth to that?

Howard the Duck
07-21-2008, 06:08 PM
baka mamaya daig pa natin ang qatar sa kakahakot ng african imports :o

joelex
07-21-2008, 08:16 PM
may nabasa akong post sa isang forum na isang taga Ghana na ang pangalan ay Chris Aqualafull na dating taga Lyceum ay nagpunta raw NU. any truth to that?

he was supposed to, but he lacked the necessarry papers to play for NU. He is reportedly suiting up for a NAASCU team this season.

salsa caballero
07-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Heto ang siste. May naglayas daw ng tirahan kasi walang kinauukulang pag-aruga at pagkalinga mula nang pagkabata. Nagtayo nalang daw ng nipa hut sa may Tel Aviv -- tindahan daw ng balisong ang balak. Ewan ko lang kung makakabenta. Nasobrahan ata sa kakakain ng peach mango pie kaya tuliro. Huwag naman sanang gamitin ang pabenta sa sarili, gawa ng pagdadalamhati. *;)

BigBlue
07-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Heto ang siste. May naglayas daw ng tirahan kasi walang kinauukulang pag-aruga at pagkalinga mula nang pagkabata. Nagtayo nalang daw ng nipa hut sa may Tel Aviv -- tindahan daw ng balisong ang balak. Ewan ko lang kung makakabenta. Nasobrahan ata sa kakakain ng peach mango pie kaya tuliro. Huwag naman sanang gamitin ang pabenta sa sarili, gawa ng pagdadalamhati. *;)

are you still talking about the Aqualafull guy?

kerouac82
07-22-2008, 09:15 AM

Na-gets ko agad 'to ah. ;D

Kid Cubao
07-22-2008, 09:32 AM
ako rin, na-gets ko rin. hanep si salsa, parang encryptor ng CIA kung gumawa ng blind item ;D

Joescoundrel
07-22-2008, 10:25 AM
^ Dead letter drop ...

salsa caballero
07-22-2008, 10:43 AM
...and without missing a BEAT someone is ON THE ROAD again. Some wonders never cease...

Does anyone know which US NCAA school Emeka Udo is hooking up with?

Raging Blue
07-22-2008, 10:48 AM
...and without missing a BEAT someone is ON THE ROAD again. Some wonders never cease...

Does anyone know which US NCAA school Emeka Udo is hooking up with?

My guess: Western Kentucky.

The_Big_Cat
07-22-2008, 11:09 AM
^He was seen working out with a "Florida school".

Posterized
07-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Woohoo! jollibeeaddict bulok ka! male22maroon tae! Bahay Kubo kupal! Ano pa ba pangalan mong lintik ka? LeronLeronSinta magsaksakan na lang kayo ni MOSSAD.

Sir Ben naman kasi... tama na. Mag-aral ka na lang ng Eco? O kaya bumalik ka lang ng Lipa at tigilan mo na ang pagpapanggap na kalahi ka namin. Walang taga-AHS na bobo gaya mo.

FranklySpeaking...

KSP! KSP! KSP! KSP! KSP! KSP!

Implode! Implode! Implode!

para di OT... sino kaya ang tinutukoy ko sa gameface...pareho kaya tayo salsa? Hmmmm. ;D

chowkingaddict
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Parang beterano na yang pinag-uusapan nyo ah... :o

chowkingaddict
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Sige na nga... ako rin may ibabahagi...

May isang penomenal na bagets ngayon sa primerang liga na naglalaro para sa men's basketball team ng isang koponang talaga namang pinagkakagastusan ng sponsor nito. Nakakahiya na ang track record ng nasabing paaralan dahil bagama't milyun-milyon na ang nailaan dito, hindi pa rin manalo-nalo ang nasabing koponan. Kung kaya't napapabalita na nabili ng team na ito sa malaking halaga ang serbisyo ng nasabing bata na kung maglaro ay akala mo'y mama. Ayon sa tsismis na nagsimula sa bandang vito cruz, tumataginting na 2.5* M daw ang inilaan para lamang lumipat sa maisan si totoy. ito ang ikinakalat ng mga tiga-doon sa may vito cruz. Nagtaka naman ako kung san nahugot ang halagang 2.5* M. Naatat ako sa kwento kaya dumapo-dapo ako sa mga balikat ng mga tiga-loob upang malaman ang tunay na iskor....

Natawa ako sa aking na-ungkat. Eto pala ang nangyari: Ang talagang nag-alok ay isang konsehal na may konek din sa isang koponan dyan sa may LRT. ang alok daw kay bagets ay tumataginting na 2** M. Nang malaman ito ni Bagets ay daglian itong nagsumbong sa kuya-kuyahan nya na naglalaro rin para sa koponan sa may maisan. Pinagsabihan daw agad ni Kuya si Totoy na wag pansini yon at "Dito lang tayo." Syempre, payag naman si Totoy dahil matino rin naman yung bata.

Ngayon, nagtaka ang mga tiga-Vito Cruz kung bakit di napapayag si Bagets sa halagang 2**M. Ang naging konklusyon ay mas malaki ang alok ng mga tiga-maisan. Kaya ikinalat nila na 2.5* M ang naging bayaran.

Ang di nila alam, si Kuya lang talaga ang dahilan. Walang bayarang naganap. Ang ikinakakaba pa nila, susunod din daw si Bunso sa maisan sa isang taon.* ;)

*hindi tunay na halaga

** hindi rin tunay na halaga

paralusi
07-22-2008, 01:41 PM
http://www.youthchg.com/mememe.gif

salsa caballero
07-22-2008, 08:14 PM
You guys crack me up. 8) The cartoon was pretty funny too.

GHRanger
07-22-2008, 11:11 PM
You guys crack me up. 8) The cartoon was pretty funny too.

To your credit, you started it.

salsa caballero
07-23-2008, 11:16 AM
*armchair psychologist wheels in motion*

Dude in the cartoon looks like he's about 26-28 years old. Likely a virgin, and probably a compulsive eater. From his surroundings, he appears to be enamoured with the academe. What does his demeanour tell us? On the surface, he craves attention. But what he really wants is acceptance and affirmation of his self-worth. On one level, he presumes this would be derived from the teacher. On another, he presumes this would follow from his classmates. Unfortunately, these presumptions are wrong. Evidently, while a case may arguably be made for a better than average IQ, a better case may likewise be made for a rock bottom EQ. The dude is a classic accidental misanthrope, who craves nothing more than acceptance, and dare I say it(?) love.

My take? Dude can fake it, but he's not gonna' get it, make it or take it until he goes through a make-over ::)

bluewing
07-23-2008, 11:44 AM
*armchair psychologist wheels in motion*

Dude in the cartoon looks like he's about 26-28 years old. Likely a virgin, and probably a compulsive eater. From his surroundings, he appears to be enamoured with the academe. What does his demeanour tell us? On the surface, he craves attention. But what he really wants is acceptance and affirmation of his self-worth. On one level, he presumes this would be derived from the teacher. On another, he presumes this would follow from his classmates. Unfortunately, these presumptions are wrong. Evidently, while a case may arguably be made for a better than average IQ, a better case may likewise be made for a rock bottom EQ. The dude is a classic accidental misanthrope, who craves nothing more than acceptance, and dare I say it(?) love.

My take? Dude can fake it, but he's not gonna' get it, make it or take it until he goes through a make-over* ::)

so... in short....

psycho? ???

salsa caballero
07-23-2008, 11:52 AM
^ posible...sabi nga sa theme song ng favorite childhood cartoon ko, "...MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!"...iskeyri... :o

salsa caballero
07-29-2008, 05:29 PM
May big man daw na galing sa Tate. Nagtatatlong isip kung saan papasok. Maaaring duon nalang siya mag-college, o maaaring dito rin. Kung dito siya, mukhang hindi pa siya desidido kung saan papasok. Ayaw rin niya na dalawang taon siyang maghihintay bago makapaglaro. Papaano na kaya ang mga UAAP school niyan na ibig siyang akitin? At least sa Tate, kung sakali, laro kaagad. Sa ngayon lang, may mga ilang mid-major na nagpapadaplis na sa kanya. Pero malay natin, may chance pa rin na dito maglaro iyan. Si Don Allado nga, humindi sa Pepperdine na kung saan naglaro ang sikat na Doug Christie. Magaling itong batang ito at mapapakinabangan sa UAAP man o sa NCAA. Sa ibang dako, si Megatron ay diumano'y panandaliang namamahinga upang makapaghasik ng panibagong tropa. Sana'y hindi sila magtagpo ni big man kailanman, kundi' baka tuluyan na iyan hindi mag-aral dito.

pio_valenz
07-29-2008, 10:20 PM
^May kilala din akong Megatron, salsa. Pakiramdam ko siya rin yung Megatron na kilala mo. Ito rin ba yung Megatron na kilala ni Cubao?

BigBlue
07-30-2008, 12:05 AM
yan din ata yung kilala namin ni poste, bluewing at ni paralusi...

;D

Posterized
07-30-2008, 07:17 AM
^
Autobots, roll out! ;D

The_Big_Cat
07-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Bakit Megatron? Either ang "pangit" niya or kontra-bida talaga siya. ;D

salsa caballero
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Ingat kayo, dapat vigilant. Enjoy your relative peace while it lasts! Hehehehehehe. I've got a feeling we haven't seen the end of "Megatron". Oo Pio, palagay ko iisa itong Megatron na ito at hinding-hindi yan makakatiis na huwag bumalik dito.

atenean_blooded
07-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Bumalik n yata si Megatron sa PEx. Dun na lang naghahasik ng kabobohan.