PDA

View Full Version : THE TSISMIS THREAD - makibahagi ng nababalitaan, pero careful, careful...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Dark Knight
10-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Will Arwind suffer the fate meted to Eala? Sayang naman........ ;D

pablohoney
10-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Si Idol talaga...

Lalo ko tuloy naging idol.... ;)

Bigamy, abandonment and child support di ba?

mighty_lion
10-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Si Idol talaga...

Sa mga katotong lawyers dito sa gameface. Patanong naman. Ano ang parusa sa bigamy?

toti_mendiola
10-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Si Idol talaga...

Sa mga katotong lawyers dito sa gameface. Patanong naman. Ano ang parusa sa bigamy?

Hindi ako lawyer pero kung ang pagbabatayan ng kaparusahan eh ang Kalantiao Code of Conduct, tapos ang kaligayahan ni Arwind kahit atapang a tao siya. ;D

mighty_lion
10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
^ At least mas magaan kesa bitay.

tigerman
10-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Si Idol talaga...

I'm not yet a lawyer but I'm studying to be one. hehe

Anyway, according to Article 349 of our Revised Penal Code, the punishment for bigamy is prision mayor.
The duration of said penalty as provided under Art. 27 of the same code, six years and one day to twelve years.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mighty_lion
10-07-2007, 08:23 PM
^ ok thanks pre.

bluewing
10-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Si Idol talaga...

kalaboso, pare.

WampumTribe
10-07-2007, 09:26 PM
According to Article 349 of our Revised Penal Code, the punishment for bigamy is prision mayor.
The duration of said penalty as provided under Art. 27 of the same code, six years and one day to twelve years.

Okay lang naman pala ang kaparusahan, eh. Kasi yung marriage mismo, life sentence na 'yun.

mighty_lion
10-07-2007, 09:34 PM
According to Article 349 of our Revised Penal Code, the punishment for bigamy is prision mayor.

Okay lang naman pala ang kaparusahan, eh. Kasi yung marriage mismo, life sentence na 'yun.

Panalo! ;D ;D

tigerman
10-07-2007, 09:49 PM

Sakin walang angal basta si Andi, Tracy o Sharon. ;D ;D ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

buko4
10-09-2007, 02:18 AM
Looks like Ateneo is giving up on Norman Black..

agdlc
10-09-2007, 03:22 AM
really? where did this info come from?

personally, i thought this year was norman black's best year as our coach

espnfanatic
10-09-2007, 06:01 AM
are you serious or are you just trying to start something?

5FootCarrot
10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
are you serious or are you just trying to start something?

Unless buko4 cites some sources, I'm going to believe that it's the latter.

Schortsanitis
10-09-2007, 08:30 AM
There has been a number of anti-Norman Black threads that has sprung up on various forums this past week or so. Nothing confirmed, though. Just a lot of so-called "noise".

5FootCarrot
10-09-2007, 08:42 AM
OK, there seem to be reports in the Manila Bulletin and Malaya that a group of "disgruntled" alumni are moving to replace Norman with Chot. (Why buko4 didn't say so in his initial post, I don't know.)

The MB article is inaccessible, but the Malaya one (it's posted in animoateneo.com) states that they're going to make a formal offer or something, but also that Chot himself isn't yet aware of such plans. (What. The. Heck? Shouldn't you have all pieces of your plan in place before going public?)

I haven't seen anything in the online editions of the Philippine Star and Philippine Daily Inquirer.

oca
10-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Black to Reyes..'ika nyo?

Mula sa isang tila nag-iisip nang napakatagal bago magsalita during timeouts, sa isa namang talak-talak kahit walang timeout.* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bennie Bangag
10-09-2007, 08:56 AM
walanghiya ka oca, pinatawa mo ako nang malakas!

easter
10-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Hay! Ito na naman ang Ateneo. Pagpalit na naman ng coach ang pinag-uusapan kaya walang ma-establish na basketball program. This was Black's best coaching year para sa Blue Eagles and now gusto nila palitan.

MargaretThrasher
10-09-2007, 09:31 AM
I think it's the alumni and not the Ateneo admin that's thinking of replacing Black.

oca
10-09-2007, 09:36 AM
walanghiya ka oca, pinatawa mo ako nang malakas!

That was the most glaring comparison...hehehehe.

Kidding aside, as a coach ang nakikita ko lang weakness ni Black ay yung timing ng substitution niya. He has this penchant for doing it a play or two late. Also, that defeat to NU and its consequences is almost unforgiveable. Kaya siguro umugong ang ganyang usapan.

Sa isang miron na tulad ko, I just want to see well played games. With the support structure that the Blue Eagles have- financing and recruitment- they will remain competitive.

But I just don't believe Reyes will succeed where Black failed - that of making the Blue Eagles a champion team. Reyes' demeanor and antics are a distraction to his own players. That I realized from his last coaching job.

Ghostrider
10-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Reyes replacing Black? - Tsismis lang ito :P

5FootCarrot
10-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Reyes replacing Black?* - Tsismis lang ito* :P

Kaya nga dito ko pinasa yung usapan. Did I do a good job or what? *preens in a self-congratulatory manner* 8)

agdlc
10-09-2007, 10:05 AM
let's get alex compton as an assistant coach! javascript:void(0);
Grin we already have a coach for the bigs, let's get a coach for the guards who can motivate too!

but seriously, ateneo's system is fine as it is. i think those "alumni" can't appreciate that because for them, success= winning. a championship isn't everything, especially in collegiate sports. there's more to being a team of student athletes than just making old men happy with a trophy. the system is fine.

Mighty_Alumnus
10-09-2007, 10:39 AM
:D tama nga... tsismis....

defeat the enemy within... at the end of the day para makuha si buenafe...

peterstrauss
10-09-2007, 10:54 AM
tsimis lang yung reyes to replace black but it was in manila bulletin today's issue.

ito naman manila bulletin, publish an article without verification at all ! parang lang siguro maka sell yung newspaper nila ;)

hay naku philippine "journalism" @ its worst ...

paging waylon galvez .... do your homework as a sports "journalist"....

i agree with agdlc about alex compton a 1 of our assistant coaches for the guard & help gene afable as shooting coaoch. tagal ko na tong wish & i thought i was the only 1 wishing .... may kapariho pala ako :D

anyway for what it is worth (worthless naman na article), i will paste that article from manila bulletin below for everyone to read:

Black out, Chot in as Ateneo coach?

By WAYLON GALVEZ

Disgruntled Ateneo alumni are reportedly asking for the head of Norman Black after the Blue Eagle coach disappointed his Loyola base when the school failed to advance to the finals of the UAAP basketball championship.

More painful for the Ateneo die hards, La Salle won the championship, which, by their standard, is adding salt to injury.

But such is the lot of Ateneo coaches. When the team performs badly and its rival from Taft Ave. shines brightly, the agitation for heads to roll comes almost instinctively.

Reports say Philippine team coach Chot Reyes is being pushed to take Black’s post.

A source from the Ateneo sports community who requested not to be identified, confirmed the agitation to replace the multi-awarded Black.

He said the group is planning to bring its case to telecommunications wizard Manny V. Pangilinan who reportedly has influence in matters concerning Ateneo basketball.

But for now, Black’s post appears to be secure. Besides having one more year left in his contract, Chot Reyes said he is not inclined to coach Ateneo. In fact, he said he has not heard of any offer, much less a rumor about the matter.

"Hindi ko alam ‘yan," Reyes said yesterday.

Black has been Ateneo coach for two years. In his first season in 2005, Ateneo made it to the Final Four. But last year was traumatic. The Eagle made it to the finals, won the first game of the best-of-three, but lost the next two and the title went to University of Santo Tomas.

This season, Ateneo finished tied with La Salle after the elimination with similar 9-5 cards, but lost in the playoff for the twice-to-beat advantage. It then beat UST in the second game of the stepladder semifinals, then defeated the Green Archers, 64-65, to force a do-or-die match which it lost.

spirit65
10-09-2007, 11:05 AM
let's get alex compton as an assistant coach! javascript:void(0);
Grin we already have a coach for the bigs, let's get a coach for the guards who can motivate too!

but seriously, ateneo's system is fine as it is. i think those "alumni" can't appreciate that because for them, success= winning. a championship isn't everything, especially in collegiate sports. there's more to being a team of student athletes than just making old men happy with a trophy. the system is fine.

agree - we need someone to develop the guards. noticeable ang development ng mga bigmen under the black program.

batangueño
10-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Okay ang mga teams ngayon ah. Puro tungkol sa palitan ng coach ang tsismis. UP, Adamson, UE (some quarters there wanted Dindo out) and now Ateneo. Aba naman! ;D

Howard the Duck
10-09-2007, 12:08 PM
ok na si coach norman. wag na si chot :P

KuyaDanny
10-09-2007, 01:29 PM
which, by their standard, is adding salt to injury.

Ano ito? Pinaghalo niya ang "rubbing salt into the wound" at "adding insult to injury"?

skopy
10-09-2007, 03:35 PM
^ Haha!

I recall Paolo Trillo said in an Inquirer interview just a week ago that Norman Black already signed up for next season.

mighty_lion
10-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Papalitan daw talaga si Norman Black. Inaantay nalang kung either sino kina Phil Jackson or si Greg Popovich ang tatanggap ng Ateneo coaching job. ;D ;D

blue scorpion
10-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Papalitan daw talaga si Norman Black. Inaantay nalang kung either sino kina Phil Jackson or si Greg Popovich ang tatanggap ng Ateneo coaching job.* ;D ;D

Si Coach Mike K na lang.

arjay_g
10-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Papalitan daw talaga si Norman Black. Inaantay nalang kung either sino kina Phil Jackson or si Greg Popovich ang tatanggap ng Ateneo coaching job.* ;D ;D

Si Coach Mike K na lang.

hindi daw puede, puro under contracts pa yang mga coach na yan. si Larry Brown daw wala pang ginagawa sa ngayon. ;D

pio_valenz
10-09-2007, 06:40 PM
which, by their standard, is adding salt to injury.

Ano ito? Pinaghalo niya ang "rubbing salt into the wound" at "adding insult to injury"?

Haha, was just about to comment on this. He obviously got his idioms mixed up. :D

If Ateneo really wants to know why La Salle has won more championships than them, it's because La Salle has stuck to one coach and one system all these years. Same formula with UST's four-peat in the 90s: put your faith in one coach, sit back, and let him employ his system. Give Black a chance. He needs to stay on for at least two more seasons. By that time, all the Ateneo players will be his recruits.

bchoter
10-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Message erased

Wrong thread pala :D

bluewing
10-09-2007, 07:23 PM
tarages na mga matatandang alums yan...

baka nagmamadaling mag-champion dahil baka malagutan na sila ng hininga any time...

petalpusher
10-10-2007, 12:42 AM
alums from ateneo ba talaga? or from the other side? ::)

hehe pwede naman din sila "disgruntled" since bluechippers seem to prefer the mrt line to katipunan than the old lrt to taft...

buko4
10-10-2007, 07:36 AM
alums from ateneo ba talaga? or from the other side?* ::)

hehe pwede naman din sila "disgruntled" since bluechippers seem to prefer the mrt line to katipunan than the old lrt to taft...*

the rivalry of norman black and franz pumaren began when they were still both assistant coaches in the PBA. franz pumaren did not get his last paycheck with that said PBA team after he had issues with other coaching staff (including norman black) of that team..

LION
10-10-2007, 09:16 AM

baka nagmamadaling mag-champion dahil baka malagutan na sila ng hininga any time...

Bwahahaha. Natawa talaga ako dito. Pero be kind to old people na lang. Darating din tayo dun sa ganung estado. ;D

Jeep
10-10-2007, 09:20 AM

Bwahahaha. Natawa talaga ako dito. Pero be kind to old people na lang.* Darating din tayo dun sa ganung estado.* *;D

and hopefully we won't be as impatient (and impertinent)! :D

basta, go coach norman! carry on with that ONE BIG FIGHT! coach chot has already deferred to you, so keep on pressing, training, and molding the boys into the fighting team that should bring the crown to loyola heights next year!

Ghostrider
10-10-2007, 10:39 AM

hehe pwede naman din sila "disgruntled" since bluechippers seem to prefer the mrt line to katipunan than the old lrt to taft...*

the rivalry of norman black and franz pumaren began when they were still both assistant coaches in the PBA. franz pumaren did not get his last paycheck with that said PBA team after he had issues with other coaching staff (including norman black) of that team..

Norman Black was the head coach of SMB and Franz was one of his assistants. When Ron Jacobs returned, Black was given the pink slip and resufaced in Sta. Lucia bringing along with him, Franz Pumaren and (I think) Jack Santiago.

Franz's loyalty to Norman, meant burning his bridges with the SMB group (which was huge because Franz was a NCC boy).

Norman and Franz had issues with Sta. Lucia but as far as I know, not with each other.

Lawdad
10-10-2007, 11:13 AM

Norman Black was the head coach of SMB and Franz was one of his assistants.* When Ron Jacobs returned, Black was given the pink slip and resufaced in Sta. Lucia bringing along with him, Franz Pumaren and (I think) Jack Santiago.

Franz's loyalty to Norman, meant burning his bridges with the SMB group (which was huge because Franz was a NCC boy).

Norman and Franz had issues with Sta. Lucia but as far as I know, not with each other.

I tend to agree with this.

I'm related to someone who used to be within the inner circle of Sta Lucia management. Her comment was that Coach Black et al. weren't expecting the medyo hodge podge/informally structured manageemnt style of the Sta Lucia group in comparison with the SMC group. She predicted that a consummate pro like Blaclk wo't enjoy or thrive in such an environment.

So despite bringing Sta Lucia its ONLY championship, Black had to leave since hindi siya bagay dun.

dark_seid
10-10-2007, 01:31 PM
alums from ateneo ba talaga? or from the other side? ::)

hehe pwede naman din sila "disgruntled" since bluechippers seem to prefer the mrt line to katipunan than the old lrt to taft...

Norman Black was the head coach of SMB and Franz was one of his assistants. When Ron Jacobs returned, Black was given the pink slip and resufaced in Sta. Lucia bringing along with him, Franz Pumaren and (I think) Jack Santiago.

yep, norman black went from import in the pba to playing (head) coach and then to full-time head coach. he never got any assistant coaching job in major bball league in the phils.

so tsismis lang nga yan.

Birdland
10-10-2007, 09:53 PM
One thing is for sure, these news articles and text messages being circulated that Ateneo will be changing Coach Norman with Chot Reyes is being perpetrated by some alumnus' messianic urges. I have a good guess on who this is.

I just think that this is an unwarranted cheap shot against Coach Norman. The bottomline regarding this issue is that those who truly make the wheels of the Ateneo basketball program turn are happy with Coach Norman as the coach of the program. Much more than being a coach of the team, coach Norman is viewed as being a worthy champion of Ateneo's values and ideals. It will never ever be about winning games and championships. Some of these alumni must give their school more credit. Unlike La Salle, we do adhere to 'mens sana in corpore sano'. It's never all about winning!

Schortsanitis
10-11-2007, 08:46 AM
The only thing I can say about those who are trying to oust Norman from ADMU, 'e, baka pag yung manok nyo naman ang nakaupo dyan, kayo naman ang kakarmahin.'

What goes around, comes around. Just food for thought.

The General
10-14-2007, 08:21 PM
One thing is for sure, these news articles and text messages being circulated that Ateneo will be changing Coach Norman with Chot Reyes is being perpetrated by some alumnus' messianic urges.* I have a good guess on who this is.

I just think that this is an unwarranted cheap shot against Coach Norman.* The bottomline regarding this issue is that those who truly make the wheels of the Ateneo basketball program turn are happy with Coach Norman as the coach of the program.* Much more than being a coach of the team, coach Norman is viewed as being a worthy champion of Ateneo's values and ideals.* It will never ever be about winning games and championships.* Some of these alumni must give their school more credit.* Unlike La Salle, we do adhere to 'mens sana in corpore sano'.* It's never all about winning!*

thats a good idea, si coach chot sa ateneo at si coach norman sa national team???? hehehe

peejster123
10-23-2007, 05:05 PM
remember maui villanueva na akala natin na na-recruit na sa japan?

his family's having second thoughts kasi nakausap sila ni franz pumaren. his father is leaning towards sending him to dlsu na. pero hep hep hep. biglang sinabi ng tito nya, kausapin nyo rin si norman black. sabi ng tito nya, kung anuman ang offer ng dlsu, kayang pantayan ng ateneo.

hmmm... san kaya babagsak si villanueva?

BigBlue
10-23-2007, 06:56 PM
since Maui Villanueva spent at least two years of HS in Japan, wouldnt he be covered by the two-year residency rule for foreign students?

pachador
10-26-2007, 08:30 AM
is it true that lhuillier applied to the PBL this year but they were not accepted as a regular member? if true , whats the reason?

bluegirl
10-26-2007, 09:15 AM
actually ang nabalitaan ko, nagalit ang cebuana lhuillier sa PBL or more specifically kay chito trinidad. kaya hindi sila sumali. ang bali-balita pa eh may balak daw silang gumawa ng liga similar to PBL but with a higher salary cap.

hoopster
10-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I saw one of Dechavez practicing in Ateneo, napakalakas!! pare nag- dunk ng 360 about 6'3" naglaro daw ng division-1 high school sa New Jersey, actually confirm na magkapatid nga sila ni Chris Dechavez now Chris is playing in Benedectine with coacu BJ Acot. kasama ni Bautista thats the reason daw na sumali ang Benedectine sa division A high school league cause malaki daw ang laban nila. Chris is 6'-4" ayon sa sources he can play 1-4 position and his quickness and speed is phenomenal talaga daw may ball handling and perimeter shooting ang batang to.

kaybee07
11-08-2007, 03:13 PM
actually ang nabalitaan ko, nagalit ang cebuana lhuillier sa PBL or more specifically kay chito trinidad. kaya hindi sila sumali. ang bali-balita pa eh may balak daw silang gumawa ng liga similar to PBL but with a higher salary cap.

Ang dami palang version ng issue na yan, what I heard naman is that it was the PBL that did not approve of Lhuillier's application for franchise status and that they are now thinking about joining Noli Eala's Liga Pilipinas using one of Jean-Henri's other companies, either Just Jewels or Allcare Insurance or Le Soleil de Boracay ata. M Lhuillier kasi is also part of that league and holds lockout rights on pawnshops.

Schortsanitis
11-27-2007, 10:29 AM
"Than" of PEx reports that Asi Taulava has been traded to Coca-Cola for Ali Peek & Coke's 2008 1st Round Draft Pick.

AnthonyServinio
11-27-2007, 10:35 AM
"Than" of PEx reports that Asi Taulava has been traded to Air 21 for Ali Peek & Air 21's 2008 1st Round Draft Pick.

* * *I surmise you meant to say "Than" of PEx reports that Asi Taulava has been traded to Coca-Cola for Ali Peek & Coca-Cola's 2008 1st Round Draft Pick.

Schortsanitis
11-27-2007, 11:23 AM
* * *I surmise you meant to say "Than" of PEx reports that Asi Taulava has been traded to Coca-Cola for Ali Peek & Coca-Cola's 2008 1st Round Draft Pick.

Yup. Sorry for the confusion.

mighty_lion
11-27-2007, 11:41 AM
"Than" of PEx reports that Asi Taulava has been traded to Coca-Cola for Ali Peek & Coke's 2008 1st Round Draft Pick.

Tutal tsismis thread naman ito, personal haka-haka ko na rin. TNT is looking to invest for at least 2 first round draft picks for next years draft.

Dark Knight
11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
FEU's Arthur Reyes will transfer to CSB Blazers after being cut off from the team.

Schortsanitis
11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Tutal tsismis thread naman ito, personal haka-haka ko na rin. TNT is looking to invest for at least 2 first round draft picks for next years draft.

I wonder who they would use for trade bait? The "Untouchables" for me would probably be Jay Washington, Jimmy Alapag, Mac Cardona, Harvey Carey, Don Allado & Donbel Belano. The others, I think can be traded for the right player or pick. That team needs a young & good no. 3.

LION
11-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Talk n Txt might be eyeing Pong Escobal next year. ;D

Schortsanitis
11-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Talk n Txt might be eyeing Pong Escobal next year.* ;D

Aha! .....

mighty_lion
11-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Maraming quality 2-3 sa draft next year. Notably the following:
1. Gabe Norwood
2. Jason Castro
3. Jeff Chan
4. Cholo Villanueva
5. KDP (assuming he will make himself available in the draft)
6. Pong Escobal (assuming he will make himself available in the draft)
7. Ogie Menor (assuming he will make himself available in the draft)

bluegirl
11-28-2007, 12:42 AM
may bali-balita akong narinig na lilipat na raw si woody co sa dlsu.

BLUE HORSE
11-28-2007, 03:37 AM
Not really surprising? If DLSU was not suspended, his intentions was to play for them 2 seasons ago and there was a prior post in AP.com that confirmed it. The only problem for Woody Co is that he will have to sit out 2 seasons before he can play for DLSU. If he transfers, he will sit out season 71 and 72 and then play beginning season 73. How old is Co? Will he ran afoul of the age limit of the UAAP or the 5/7 rule?

bluegirl
11-28-2007, 08:57 AM
i'm not sure pero i think he's born in 1986. he graduated from xavier nung 2005.

i never knew that woody co intended to play for the archers kasi as early as his senior year in high school, he was rumored to be already training with the UP men's basketball team.

BLUE HORSE
11-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Woody Co was recruited to transfer from Xavier to LSGH. Something happened on the short trip down Ortigas Ave. that Co found himself back at Xavier. Co took the best offer on the table, guaranteed playing time at UP, given that the UAAP had not decided how long DLSU would be suspended. Had he known that the penalty would only be 1 year, he may have joined Atkins of Zobel and wait out the suspension.

BedanRoar
11-28-2007, 11:03 AM
"Than" of PEx reports that Asi Taulava has been traded to Air 21 for Ali Peek & Air 21's 2008 1st Round Draft Pick.

Tsismis confirmed.

Asi traded to Coke for Ali Peek

By WAYLON GALVEZ

TALK ‘N Text and Asi Taulava no longer are Phone Pals.

Ball club and superstar player broke off an eight-year connection Monday night after Talk ‘N Text traded the beefy six-foot-nine center to CocaCola for Ali Peek and the Tigers’ first round pick next season.

In a clandestine deal that turned out to be the biggest so far in the 2007-08 season, Taulava, known for his blond hairdo, broad shoulders and alternately fierce and amiable demeanor, was shipped by the Phone Pals, who are almost guaranteed to make the semifinals, to a team struggling to survive the elimination.

Taulava, the 2003 Most Valuable Player who has a career average of 17.3 points and 11.1 rebounds, will make his Coke debut today when the team meets Alaska at the Araneta Coliseum.

He will be reunited with former Phone Pals teammate Mark Clemence Telan, who was traded to Air21 two years ago.

Former PBA chairman Ricky Vargas, Talk ‘N Text’s representative to the PBA board, said the trade was "difficult" to make, considering that Taulava, 34, has been the "face of the franchise" since the Pals signed him in 1999.

"Asi was always TNT but we had to do it for a bigger purpose," said Vargas. "I will personally miss Asi and he will always be a friend."

With a powerhouse lineup, many considered Talk ‘N Text one of the teams to beat this conference. However, it has been a rollercoaster ride so far for the Pals with a 5-5 win-loss card.

The Pals went 1-3 the last four games. Taulava, a two-time national player, is averaging 9.6 points and 11.9 rebounds this conference.

Coke, on the other hand, is at the bottom of the standings with a 1-7 record, but the arrival of Taulava, the former College Brigham Young-Hawaii stalwart, is expected to strengthen the Tigers tremendously around the basket.

"It’s our problem, the center position," said Coke team manager JB Baylon. "Although some people are saying that Asi is already slow and old, he can still be a big help for us. He’s good for 2-3 more years."

Tigers coach Binky Favis is excited to Taulava, particularly now that several of his key players are doubtful starters, including guard Alex Cabagnot (ankle), John (strained right elbow), Ronjay Buenafe (bruised foot bone), and Cesar Catli (calf muscle).

Taulava is considered by many as one of the best players to ever play the center position in the PBA, but his career was tainted with by the citizenship issue.

He was among those alleged fake Fil-foreigners that led to his deportation in April 2000. He returned to the PBA in 2001 with new documents approved by the justice department.

Three years later, however, Taulava’s citizenship was again questioned, this time by the PBA, which suspended him. But TNT filed a TRO for him to play in Game 1 of the 2005 PBA Philippine Cup Finals against Barangay Ginebra.

The Phone Pals won, but the game was later forfeited in favor of the Kings, sparking an acrimonious legal battle until the DOJ gave Taulava the green light after submitting.

Despite the controversies, Taulava, who enjoyed a Stockton-to-Malone-like relationship with backcourt partner Jimmy Alapag, is one of the well-admired players in the league, with his on-court histrionics and ever-changing hair style.

Schortsanitis
11-28-2007, 11:13 AM
"Than" of PEx is a PBA insider. I don't exactly know who he is, or what position he serves in the league, but he's had a pretty good track record so far. In fact, I don't consider his news as 'tsismis' anymore. He gives out information at least day or so before the news hits the press.

joelex
11-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Woody Co was recruited to transfer from Xavier to LSGH.* Something happened on the short trip down Ortigas Ave. that Co found himself back at Xavier.* Co took the best offer on the table, guaranteed playing time at UP, given that the UAAP had not decided how long DLSU would be suspended.* Had he known that the penalty would only be 1 year, he may have joined Atkins of Zobel and wait out the suspension.*

coach pat aquino sevred as co's major influence in his decision to go to UP, since as we all know aquino is a former maroon. as for his short trip to LSGH, he was offered a scholarship and some other perks by LSGH but somehow the powerful xavier alumni an especiallt the parents didnt allow their franchise player to move just like that. Add to that the transfer of coach amador and dela rosa to LSGH which somehow contributed to his move. Notably LSGH succeeded in pursuin another xavier starter in Geo Sia, who eventually became one of their core players.

gameface_one
12-02-2007, 07:03 AM
IN HUDDLE
PBA team’s woes blamed on coach

By Beth Celis
Inquirer
Last updated 04:19am (Mla time) 12/02/2007

Now I think I know why this PBA player had wanted to talk with me.

Several weeks ago, I got a text message from somebody whose number I did not recognize.

The message sender communicated fluently in English and was courteous. He introduced himself and asked if we could meet for lunch or coffee, because he had something confidential to tell me.

Although I didn’t know the cager personally, I did not hesitate to say yes.

For him to seek the help of a stranger, I figured he must have a big problem.

I later found out that it was his agent who gave him my number. He said the cager’s problem might be personal since he has been having marital troubles with his wife.

Domestic conflicts don’t exactly excite me, but since I had already said yes to the invite, I simply waited for his next message.

Well he did send another text message as promised, but something unexpected came up and we had to cancel the appointment. We tried to set another date, but something came up again.

To cut a long story short, we didn’t get to meet that week, or the next, or the week after that.

In fact we never got to meet at all. There was always a conflict in his schedule.

After a while, he stopped sending me text messages.

I concluded that he must have solved his problem, whatever it was.

I had almost completely forgotten about the cager until lately when I got to talk to a PBA insider who informed me that a rebellion was brewing in this non-performing PBA team which was wallowing somewhere in the bottom of team standings.

The complaints ranged from the coach’s alleged lack of knowledge to favoritism and to the sensitive issue of money.

“The team’s coach has been tagged as the most OA (overacting) coach in the PBA, because he always complains. Table officials ang nagbinyag sa kanya nyan,” the insider said.

I was told that the cagers no longer wanted to play and wanted the coach changed.

Then I remembered that the cager who touched base with me some months back belonged to this team.

I was almost sure he had wanted to talk to me about his coach, but hemmed and hawed because he wasn’t sure if it was the right thing to do.

Apparently, the players had been unable to address their problem all this time. It is bound to blow sky-high one of these days.

I don’t know if team management is aware of the issues, but I was told that the manager was recently confined in a hospital because his blood pressure shot up during one of the games.

His coach could not solve or adjust to a situation.

I don’t know how true but my source said I should expect coaching movements in this team soon.

Since he got married, San Juan Mayor JV Ejercito has hardly set foot at The Arena to watch the games in the Shakey’s V-League.

Even now that the championship series has started, I still have to see the good mayor, who used to frequent the games on a regular basis.

Well, he should be making an appearance soon, hopefully.

The finals started last Tuesday with a 5-set classic thriller, the San Sebastian Lady Stags winning over UST, despite tremendous support for the Tigresses from a gallery which had motored all the way from Laguna.

I still have to find out the connection but every UST game, jeeploads upon jeeploads of UST fans from Laguna come to watch and cheer for the Tigresses.

I’m told that these fans have made advance ticket reservations for Game 2 today, to make sure they get the best seats in the house.

They’re hoping UST wins Sunday to forge a sudden-death knockout in Game 3.

joelex
12-02-2007, 09:15 PM
mukhang si favis lang yan at wala ng iba

michaelangelo_kid
12-12-2007, 11:05 AM
This I will write in the tsismis thread for the time being because I don't have personal knowledge. But my source has.

A newly appointed national coach is really using his position to recruit players for his school's juniors and seniors teams. My source says that he promises a sure slot in the national team if the kid agrees to play for his school. This promise is of course accompanied by the usual financial and material bribes which other schools will really* find hard to match.

My source, who is a scout by the way,* knows this because a young and promising player who is being recruited by this coach revealed everything to him.

I am sure you already know who this coach is.* *:-X

hoopster
12-12-2007, 08:28 PM
This I will write in the tsismis thread for the time being because I don't have personal knowledge. But my source has.

A newly appointed national coach is really using his position to recruit players for his school's juniors and seniors teams. My source says that he promises a sure slot in the national team if the kid agrees to play for his school. This promise is of course accompanied by the usual financial and material bribes which other schools will really* find hard to match.

My source, who is a scout by the way,* knows this because a young and promising player who is being recruited by this coach revealed everything to him.

Are you referring to Baculi? In my opinion this is ok....as long as it doesnt violates any college and universty rules...In fairness to those talented recruits...I guess thats how sports and athletes nowadays...the more talents you have your market value is going up...

toti_mendiola
12-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Kung kasama ang HS team mas malamang mas mga bata ang hna handle na NT niyan.

john_paul_manahan
12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
hmmm.... that sounds famillar.... :)

Schortsanitis
12-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Are you referring to Baculi? In my opinion this is ok....as long as it doesnt violates any college and universty rules...In fairness to those talented recruits...I guess thats how sports and athletes nowadays...the more talents you have your market value is going up...

I think this rumor was posted at PEx a couple of months ago, & I think it refers to a current, successful collegiate coach na 'bigotilyo'.

mighty_lion
12-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Nagbibigote na pala si Chot Reyes. ;D

LION
12-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Baka naman naglalagay ng bigote si chot reyes para mapagkamalan yung isa. ;D

Ano kaya itsura ni Black pag may bigote? ;D

Jaco D
12-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Ano kaya itsura ni Black pag may bigote?* *;D

Kamukha ni Denzel Washington sa Training Day* ;)

Schortsanitis
12-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Nagbibigote na pala si Chot Reyes.* ;D

'Teka, mali ata ang hula ko. Akala ko si *tiiifranzpumareniiit*?'

;D ;D ;D

LION
12-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Ano kaya itsura ni Black pag may bigote?* *;D

Kamukha ni Denzel Washington sa Training Day* ;)

Astig!!!!* Dapat may kasamang Eva Mendez.* ;D

Pero matagal ng na-appoint si Chot e. So si Baculi or Franz yang blind item na yan. But Baculi is no longer connected with Mapua. And he can't offer those financial and material perks mentioned above.

Hmmmmm.....

oca
12-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Di ko alam kung nagbibiro itong mga hula ng karamihan... di ba obvious na si Franz ang tinutukoy?

Gaya ng sinabi ni Lion, Baculi is not connected with any school so wala siyang paglalagyan na hs or seniors team. Eh, dalawa lang naman ang team natin sa lalaki- itong nasa SEAGames ngayon at yung Youth na hawak ni Franz.

Kahapon ng mabasa ko, ang sabi ko sa sarili ko...."Tsismis pa ba ito?"

Mga anak, matagal nang pangamba ng ibang UAAP coaches and team supporters/ handlers na baka "samantalahin ni Franz" ang kanyang posisyon sa National Youth Team para maka-recruit ng blue chip players para sa DLSU.

crees
12-13-2007, 09:20 PM
excuse me po..

dito po ba ang suplayan ng mga blind items?

BigBlue
12-14-2007, 01:04 AM
excuse me po..

dito po ba ang suplayan ng mga blind items?

hindi po. bagsakan lang ito.

mighty_lion
12-14-2007, 09:29 AM
^ Baka naman yong serbian coach. Aba, sobra nga naman kung balak nya pa iuwi sa Serbia ang mga blue chip players natin. ;D

michaelangelo_kid
12-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Certain details that can be used in identifying the promising player, e.g., his school, geographical location, playing position, etc. are not for posting here because he'll be in trouble the moment he is identified, and his dream of making the national youth team might go down the drain. >:(

hoopster
12-15-2007, 03:37 AM
PSC chair calls RP boxers’ forfeiture unsportsmanlike

NAKHON Ratchasima — Philippine Sports Commission chairman William "Butch" Ramirez on Friday said Team RP should have taken a different tack, rather than letting a near-walkout take place in the 24th Southeast Asian Games boxing competitions here the day before.

"What should have been done is to take a step back, draw a deep breath and not let emotions affect your decision," Ramirez said.

"Naging emotional kasi masyado and that, I believe, is not the right route to take, especially in an international sporting competition such as these games."

Ramirez was referring to RP chef de mission Monico Puentevella, POC second vice president Manny Lopez, POC secretary-general Steve Hontiveros and wushu president Julian Camacho, who have expressed approval of what the boxers did.

In what is probably a record in the biennial meet, Thai boxers made all 17 weight category finals and highlighted their dominance when they swept the men’s competitions and won six of seven women’s matches, five against Filipinas, on Wednesday.

Only flyweight Annie Albania won for the Philippines after knocking out her Thai rival in the finals.

That prompted RP officials, including POC president Jose "Peping" Cojuangco Jr., to hold a meeting later the same evening and the group agreed to let Lopez, the amateur boxing chief, to decide on whether to forfeit the seven RP male boxers’ gold medal matches.

"A statement has to be made, that we will not legitimize the biased officiating that is rampant here, not only in boxing and not only against the Philippines," said PSC commissioner and RP deputy chef de mission Richie Garcia.

But Thai officials criticized the Philippine move and denied that judging was biased in favor of Thailand.

The Bangkok Post reported yesterday that Amateur Boxing Association of Thailand (Abat) president Gen. Taweep Jantararoj had said that by sending a B team to the Dec. 6 to 15 sportsfest, the Philippines should have not expected a lot.

"I don’t know what they are trying to achieve by doing this, there was nothing wrong with the judging," Taweep said, noting that Thailand paraded its top-of-the-line bets in each of the division and the Philippines did not, leaving behind such stalwarts as Harry Tañamor, Violito Payla and Joan Tipon in Manila.

Ramirez, who returned here after seeing to it that the paperwork for the athletes’ increased allowances are in order, was en route from Bangkok when the move was made and could only frown and shake his head upon learning of it.

"The boxers should all have been made to fight because that’s the sporting thing to do," he said. "Kung hindi man sila sport, hindi tayo dapat bumaba sa level nila."

He added there are rules of engagement that are set whenever you see action in hostile territory.

"Once nakita mo man na nadaya tayo, then you could file a protest, both formal and informal," he said.

The RP boxers’ move, he added, could have repercussions in the country’s future participation in the biennial meet, that’s why sobriety and level-headedness should have been exercised.

After two RP male boxers retired one after another, international amateur boxing chief Ching Kuo Wu warned RP officials to have their boxers fight or face a two-year ban.

Schortsanitis
12-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Gabby Espinas reportedly was traded by Magnolia to Air 21 for Air 21's 2008 1st Round Draft Pick.

Gabby is a gifted scorer, he has that ability to create his own shots, so I expect him to be more productive on offense w/ more playing time, & with better role on the team overall.

bchoter
12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Air21 seem to have fallen in-love with tall athletic tweeners. They already have Arwind, Ranidel, and KG and now Espinas.

joelex
12-19-2007, 12:21 AM
this is great news for gabby. any team would fit him better than the star studded but underachieveing magnolia squad.

Nike Air
12-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Mabuti na lang that this happened to Gabby. Medyo nawala na siya sa map ng pro ball after all the trades that have happened for Magnolia/San Miguel franchise. The challenge this time around for Air21 is to balance the playing time and position strategies for all of their athletic players (who gets to play the small forward or power forward, and even the center spot).

gameface_one
01-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Can anybody confirm the sacking of coach Dindo Pumaren of the UE Red Warriors?

pio_valenz
01-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Not yet official but word is Lawrence Chiongson will replace him. And now that he's free, don't be surprised to see Dindo go back to his roots.

Nike Air
01-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Not yet official but word is Lawrence Chiongson will replace him. And now that he's free, don't be surprised to see Dindo go back to his roots.

Hmmm, ano kaya magiging set up nito? Dindo coaching the national team to help ease the pressure of Franz to focus on the Green Archers as well? Alam naman nating lahat that both Pumarens have the same carbon-copy system with minor tweaks depending on the lineup each team has.

Mateen Cleaves
01-10-2008, 04:32 PM

San Beda? ;D

mighty_lion
01-10-2008, 04:44 PM

San Beda?* ;D

SBC or DLSU lang naman. Personally I would love to have him as RL's defensive and shooting coach. Though I doubt if he will consider an assisntant coach position.

Nike Air
01-10-2008, 05:01 PM

San Beda? ;D

SBC or DLSU lang naman. Personally I would love to have him as RL's defensive and shooting coach. Though I doubt if he will consider an assisntant coach position.

Just imagine Escobal and Lanete doing the pressure D. Damn, may tatawid pa kaya ng half court sa mga kalaban nyan ng San Beda? Hehehe and maybe Sam Ekwe being more mobile and doing some pressure D as well. Masarap pangarapin pero sabi nga ni mighty_lion, di sigurado if coach Dindo will or can accept an assistant coaching stint.

oca
01-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Hindi ito tsismis, commentary lang sa recent dev'ts at tsismis.

With Hapee announcing that it is searching for a new coach, plus this tsimis about UE, ilang nakaupong mga HC at Assistants na naman ang mawawalan ng trabaho or mababawasan ang hawak na team. Kabawasan na naman sa take home pay ng mga apektadong coaches.

You may love coaching and the game itself, but to be a coach is a very unstable livelihood.

You may go undefeated in the elims, but if you don't bring home the title, you're bound to be replaced.

While players in the PBL and PBA are advised to invest well even while they are still playing, those with ambitions or aspirations to coach must have continuous source/s of income other than coaching.

Mahirap daw ang maging player.... mas mahirap maging coach.

joelex
01-10-2008, 10:35 PM
moreso in the NBA. Dito marami pa ding pasensya, pakiusap at pakisama.

pio_valenz
01-10-2008, 11:17 PM

San Beda?* ;D

Nahuli mo. :) Ang bali-balita, babalik si Frankie Lim sa TnT fulltime.

michaelangelo_kid
01-13-2008, 12:25 AM

Now it can be told.

The young player is Papot Paredes. The coach is Franz Pumaren.

Looks like the kid however is headed to Rizal despite the juicy offer from Franz.

toti_mendiola
01-13-2008, 01:50 AM

A newly appointed national coach is really using his position to recruit players for his school's juniors and seniors teams. My source says that he promises a sure slot in the national team if the kid agrees to play for his school. This promise is of course accompanied by the usual financial and material bribes which other schools will really find hard to match.

My source, who is a scout by the way, knows this because a young and promising player who is being recruited by this coach revealed everything to him.

I am sure you already know who this coach is. :-X

Now it can be told.

The young player is Papot Paredes. The coach is Franz Pumaren.

Looks like the kid however is headed to Rizal despite the juicy offer from Franz.

Not entirely true, his high school wouldn't release him to any interested manila based school just yet.

Schortsanitis
01-13-2008, 06:33 AM
Franz does have 2 Assistant Coaches from other schools in the RP Youth NT, right? So am not sure if he would've been easily able to make offers to players using a slot in the team as bait.

amdgc82
01-13-2008, 07:26 AM
http://www.abante-tonite.com/issue/jan1308/sports_inbound.htm

Banal kapalit ni Austria?
INBOUND ni: Malou Aquino
Ilang buwan ding nagpahinga ang kaibigan naming si Dorian Peña matapos operahan sa kanang sakong, pero hindi niya alintana ang injury dahil todo-kayod siya sa bawat laro ng Magnolia Fruit Drinks.

Katunayan, sa huling laro sa elimination round ay nagtala ng double-double performance ang mama sa laro kontra Welcoat Dragons. Umiskor siya ng 14 points at may malaking 20 rebounds.

Very much inspired kasi ang kaibigan namin, dahil magdadalawa na ang kanyang anak sa wife na si Georgette.

Isa pa, kailangan talaga niyang magpakitang-gilas, dahil mage-expire na ang kanyang kontrata sa buwan ng Hulyo (2008).
Mage-expire na rin pala ang kontrata ni Tony dela Cruz sa Alaska sa buwan din ng Hulyo.
Pero, ayon sa player, mas gusto niyang manatili sa Alaska, dahil sa natu*rang koponan ay mas nakita ang kanyang husay.

Malaki rin ang pasasalamat ni Dela Cruz kay coach Tim Cone, dahil nagtiwala ito sa kanya.
Sa muling pagkatalo ng Welcoat Dragons, how true na delikado daw ang kalagayan ni coach Leo Austria sa team?

Tsika namin, si Joel Banal daw ang papalit kay Austria bilang coach?
Sabi nga, walang usok kung walang apoy.
Actually, okay naman si coach Leo. ‘Yun nga lang, medyo kulang ang motivation niya sa kanyang mga players.

Pero, sa pagkakaalam namin, barkada si coach Leo nina Mr. Terry Que at Raymund Yu.
Kinumpirma sa amin ni coach Jong Uichico na bibigyan ng dalawang buwang kontrata sa Ginebra si Jun Limpot.

Noong Miyerkules ay sumama na sa praktis ang dating Purefoods player at malamang na isalang na siya sa laro ng Kings ngayong gabi.
Isa pang na-tsika naming, nagpapraktis din daw sa Ginebra itong si Vic Pablo, dating player ng Talk ‘N Text.

Dapat sana’y pag*lalaruin na ng Ginebra si Pablo, kaya lang ay hindi raw ibinigay ng Phone Pals ang release paper nito.
Teka, baka naman natakot lang ang TNT, dahil kalaban nila ngayong gabi ang Kings at kung makakalaro na si Pablo, mala*king bagay ang player sa depensa ng Ginebra.

LION
01-14-2008, 08:11 AM

San Beda?* ;D

Nahuli mo.* :) Ang bali-balita, babalik si Frankie Lim sa TnT fulltime.

But there is talk that Frankie Lim will be the coach of Mail & More in the PBL. And this will pave the way for the re-entry of the Red Lions Team in the PBL this year.

pio_valenz
01-14-2008, 03:44 PM
^Does this mean Lim will sever his ties with MVP and PLDT? Mail and More is under the Lina Group. it is Burger King that is now owned by a consortium composed of the lina Group and MVP. I don't think Mail and More is under the consortium.

LION
01-14-2008, 03:55 PM
^ I don't have the answers now, Pio. Rest assured though that my bugs :) are still in place and will let you know as soon as I get the information.

danny
01-15-2008, 04:50 AM
Franz does have 2 Assistant Coaches from other schools in the RP Youth NT, right?* So am not sure if he would've been easily able to make offers to players using a slot in the team as bait.

Precisely.

Anyway, was there a precedent for such a scenario? Mukhang sayaw sa bubog ang ganyang diskarte. Urban legend?

shyboy
01-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Basta si Franz titirahin ng mga... alam niyo na. Madami nang ganyang kwento. Hulaan niyo na lang kung sino lagi pasimuno.

glock23
01-16-2008, 06:28 PM
^ marami talagang utak talangka kapatid! just let it be.

oca
01-17-2008, 09:22 AM
The kid has not performed in class. That he "flaunted" in his hs campus his "acceptance" at another school at another league has offended some very sensitive people in the campus. So, now he is getting the cold shoulders from admistrators who in the past have been very accomodating and gracious in seeing to it he gets passing grades even if he actually does not perform in class.

Yan ang pinagmulan nang usapan na baka hindi siya matuloy sa pagpunta duon sa Kyusi at mananatila siya sa Recto.

Sabi ng kausap ko, madaling patunayan kung pinapasa mo mga subjects mo. Kung talagang borderline ang mga scores mo sa classroom at hindi maganda ang inaasta mo sa campus, tagilid ka talaga.

On a personal note, I doubt if this is the admistrators way of "keeping" him. He has a buddy who a year ago has gone the way he is supposed to go. Walang naging problem, for this kid has performed the first part of a being a student-athlete. Kahit hirap nanduon yung effort at nanatili siyang good shot sa mga administrators until graduation. But the same cannot be said of this years top pick.

LION
01-17-2008, 09:46 AM
^ Anak ng teteng naman o.......

Pag di umalis sa Recto yan e magiging kalaban pa namin. Mas magandang maglaro yan sa UAAP. ;D

ocean
01-17-2008, 09:58 AM
The kid has not performed in class. That he "flaunted" in his hs campus his "acceptance" at another school at another league has offended some very sensitive people in the campus. So, now he is getting the cold shoulders from admistrators who in the past have been very accomodating and gracious in seeing to it he gets passing grades even if he actually does not perform in class.

Yan ang pinagmulan nang usapan na baka hindi siya matuloy sa pagpunta duon sa Kyusi at mananatila siya sa Recto.

Sabi ng kausap ko, madaling patunayan kung pinapasa mo mga subjects mo. Kung talagang borderline ang mga scores mo sa classroom at hindi maganda ang inaasta mo sa campus, tagilid ka talaga.

On a personal note, I doubt if this is the admistrators way of "keeping" him. He has a buddy who a year ago has gone the way he is supposed to go. Walang naging problem, for this kid has performed the first part of a being a student-athlete. Kahit hirap nanduon yung effort at nanatili siyang good shot sa mga administrators until graduation. But the same cannot be said of this years top pick.

[/quote
On the other hand, there is another team member from the same school who did not play this year (overage), but still has a brother playing on the team. The older brother may have to stay and play with the college team, as he is not exactly a 'good' student also.

This highly recruited player aside from not doing well in class (if he attends at all) is also a little ummmmm...... lazy may be the word for it, and practicing is not to his liking. Always late or absent.

oca
01-17-2008, 10:21 AM
^ Anak ng teteng naman o.......

Pag di umalis sa Recto yan e magiging kalaban pa namin.* Mas magandang maglaro yan sa UAAP.* *;D*

...sabi ng kaibigan mong si danny, hindi raw maganda ang isang "unipolar" na NCAA...

Kokontrahin mo ba ang iyong kapwa Bedista sa isang public forum?* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LION
01-17-2008, 11:11 AM
^ We can be "unipolar" for the next 4 years and I couldn't care less about the dwindling crowd. After 4 years, payag na kami na level ang playing field. ;D

Sabi nga ni Fr. de Sagun, we have our own culture and identity to protect. ;D

mighty_lion
01-17-2008, 11:39 AM
^ Sana magstay na lang sya if ever I am hitting the right person. Masyadong nang maraming talent ang nawala sa liga and its time to retain homegrown talents. Besides his school seniors varsity is doing well this offseason and fair to say they are an automatic F4 team this season.

This is not entirely a new tsismis pero I gathered over the weekend that "majority" of UP Maroon young core including few Team B players are indeed doing moves to signify thier intention of transferring to other teams. Karamihan daw sa kanila ay preference bumalik kung saan sila nanggaling and very much willing to play even in Team B and C. Yong iba daw ay approval na lang ng mga destination schools ang kailangan and they are set to go. Nakakalungkot isipin but the rumor is somewhat true.

batangueño
01-17-2008, 11:46 AM
^ Sad to say, mighty_lion, pero parang may halong katotohanan ang mga tsismis na yan about the dying UP basketball program. I am worried that by the start of Season 71, walang matatawag na men's basketball team ang UP. :(

shyboy
01-17-2008, 11:49 AM

Sayang. Ang sarap sana talunin yung mga mahilig maghakot ng magagaling.

oca
01-17-2008, 12:09 PM
His parents have committed him to the NT and doesn't mind if he misses the next collegiate season. This without first discussing the matter with the university that he was suppose to play for in college; notwithstanding the fact that this university's athletic director went publicly against the idea that these young national players be allowed by their varsity schools to forego next season.

Tagilid na ngang makuha yung top pick, malabo pang maglaro yung isang coveted junior player.

Of course hindi na yan tsismis. Ang tsismis, ang lalim daw ng buntong hininga nuong nag-recruit na coach. Halos mamuti raw.* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sabi ko sa kausap ko, matagal pa ang simula ng academic year 08-09. If something goes wrong with SBPs youth program, this coveted player may still play for his college team. Masyado pang high ang parents sa pagkakapili sa anak nila at excited sa programang inihayag ng SBP. Sa paglipas ng mga araw, reality will set in,* pag nagkaroon ng gusot, no one can tell how these parents will react.

glock23
01-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Nakow, nalintikan na! Ang aga kasi ng press release at pag hype.... ;)

A-boy97
01-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Anong school ba sa UAAP ang may pinakamaraming recruit?

Royal Forest
01-17-2008, 04:17 PM

Ok lang to mga tol. Huwag lang mawalan nang pagasa itong batang ito. Pag hindi siya tinangap nung taga Kyusi, kontakin na lang niya ako. Ituturo ko siya sa isang magaling din na skool sa tafat. Sure ball siya doon. Magaling sa magik... hindi lang isa kundi dalawa ang nagawan nang paraan para maka kolehiyo kahit tagilid din sa classroom.

chiechay
01-17-2008, 05:30 PM
franz or rather the DLSU has a monopoly of the coaching staff in the R.P. youth team. 3:1. i am sure he will also have anedgewhen recruiting time comes for blue chip out of towners

shyboy
01-17-2008, 07:00 PM

Ok lang to mga tol.* Huwag lang mawalan nang pagasa itong batang ito.* Pag hindi siya tinangap nung taga Kyusi, kontakin na lang niya ako.* Ituturo ko siya sa isang magaling din na skool sa tafat.* Sure ball siya doon.* Magaling sa magik... hindi lang isa kundi dalawa ang nagawan nang paraan para maka kolehiyo kahit tagilid din sa classroom.

Diba tanggap na siya dun sa Kyusi? Na-introduce na nga eh. Madali lang yan gawan ng paraan. Pwede naman ipasok dun sa iskwelahan na dating nasa Pasig na lumipat sa Libis para pumasa ng high school.

Out_Of_The_Blue
01-17-2008, 07:09 PM
From the highly recruited player:

"Hehe, kht mghrap hrap kme t2..Wlng kt02hanan dun."

Enuf Said. ;D

glock23
01-17-2008, 07:13 PM

Enuf Said. ;D

you da man!!! ::) ayun naman pala walang katoohanan na allergic sa pagaaral ang top recruit. tyak na model student-athlete yan sa kyusi.

A-boy97
01-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Diba tanggap na siya dun sa Kyusi? Na-introduce na nga eh. Madali lang yan gawan ng paraan. Pwede naman ipasok dun sa iskwelahan na dating nasa Pasig na lumipat sa Libis para pumasa ng high school.

ipa pep test niyo na lang pards para pwede na sa inyo! ;D

shyboy
01-18-2008, 08:12 AM
^ Ang balita ko di na yan ginagawa. At off-topic na ito kasi di na yan tsismis, katotohanan na. :P

Schortsanitis
01-18-2008, 09:07 AM
The ACET results are going to be out soon for the highly recruited player, so we'll know soon enough.

glock23
01-18-2008, 10:24 AM
The ACET results are going to be out soon for the highly recruited player, so we'll know soon enough.

nakow! lalo nang malilintikan kapag pasado yan! ;D Pero gaya nga ng sabi ng marami may reconsideration process naman sa kyusi, kaya't pabayaan na natin ang highly recruited player na yan sapagkat sigurado na yan sa kyusi de manila.

nightowl
01-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Nothing has been heard about Clark Bautista anymore. I Ateneo no longer interested?

UST might be.

bchoter
01-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Clark has been told by the UST coaching staf that he'd probably spend a year in Team B for seasoning.

batangueño
01-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Clark has been told by the UST coaching staf that he'd probably spend a year in Team B for seasoning.

Manong bchoter, does it mean that España already has a lock on Clark?

fujima04
01-19-2008, 04:52 PM
^No confirmation yet...What is certain is, if Bautista decided to join the Tigers, he will stay at Team B for at least a year.

Bautista is not yet lock with the Tigers until he matriculates to UST.

Out_Of_The_Blue
01-19-2008, 06:38 PM

Enuf Said.* ;D

you da man!!!* ::) ayun naman pala walang katoohanan na allergic sa pagaaral ang top recruit. tyak na model student-athlete yan sa kyusi.

Talaga. Mas mabuti sa kyusi kasi kung sa taft yan siguradong magiging isa na namang pambato nyo yan sa Quiz bee. Ano nga pala National flower ng Pilipinas? ;D

glock23
01-19-2008, 08:48 PM

Enuf Said. ;D

you da man!!! ::) ayun naman pala walang katoohanan na allergic sa pagaaral ang top recruit. tyak na model student-athlete yan sa kyusi.

Talaga. Mas mabuti sa kyusi kasi kung sa taft yan siguradong magiging isa na namang pambato nyo yan sa Quiz bee. Ano nga pala National flower ng Pilipinas? ;D

you da man! tsismis thread palang sensitibo ka na! baka may katotohanan na inaayos na ang papeles ni top recruit! ::) By the way si quiz bee champion eh walang diploma dahil di nya alam ang national flower ng pilipinas. Ganoon dapat. Kapag mahina ang kokote eh di pinapasa yan! ;D

Out_Of_The_Blue
01-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Bwa ha ha. Kaya pala nakapasa yung 2 - sino nga ba yon? Gatcha.... at Beni....

Meron bang tsismis na sinabi na "inayos?" Mukhang allegation na yan pare. Yung sa 2 (Gatcha at beni) sa taas sori na OT ako kasi FACTS nga pala.

Tama ka... at least sa amin tsismis pa lang.... ;D

glock23
01-19-2008, 09:55 PM

Meron bang tsismis na sinabi na "inayos?" Mukhang allegation na yan pare. Yung sa 2 (Gatcha at beni) sa taas sori na OT ako kasi FACTS nga pala.

yan ang hinihintay ko na hirit mo! si gatcha at beni, wala ding diploma and thats a fact! sorry for the OT mods. ;D heto ang tsismis, si top recruit ginagawan na daw ng diploma para ang dating eh student-athlete sa the kyusi de manila dahil pinakilala na sa komunidad eh baka mapahiya si blacksheep ng pamilya at si kots na namuti ;D payong kaibigan lang "silence is golden" in the recruitment wars! kung hindi eh pahiya ka talaga sa komunidad nyong atat na atat na ;D

Out_Of_The_Blue
01-19-2008, 10:54 PM

yan ang hinihintay ko na hirit mo! si gatcha at beni, wala ding diploma and thats a fact! sorry for the OT mods.* ;D heto ang tsismis, si top recruit ginagawan na daw ng diploma para ang dating eh student-athlete sa the kyusi de manila dahil pinakilala na sa komunidad eh baka mapahiya si blacksheep ng pamilya at si kots na namuti* ;D payong kaibigan lang "silence is golden" in the recruitment wars! kung hindi eh pahiya ka talaga sa komunidad nyong atat na atat na* ;D

Salamat sa tsismis pare .... mukhang magaling ka talaga dyan....hintayin na lang natin. ;D

Kung ok lang sa yo, ituloy na lang natin and diskusyunan sa "facts." Kung gusto mo simulan natin sa ibang thread. Sabihin mo lang. ;D

gameface_one
01-19-2008, 10:59 PM
glock/out,

Pls be reminded that we are monitoring this thread closely. Intellectual discussions only.

glock23
01-19-2008, 11:38 PM

yan ang hinihintay ko na hirit mo! si gatcha at beni, wala ding diploma and thats a fact! sorry for the OT mods. ;D heto ang tsismis, si top recruit ginagawan na daw ng diploma para ang dating eh student-athlete sa the kyusi de manila dahil pinakilala na sa komunidad eh baka mapahiya si blacksheep ng pamilya at si kots na namuti ;D payong kaibigan lang "silence is golden" in the recruitment wars! kung hindi eh pahiya ka talaga sa komunidad nyong atat na atat na ;D

Salamat sa tsismis pare .... mukhang magaling ka talaga dyan....hintayin na lang natin. ;D

Kung ok lang sa yo, ituloy na lang natin and diskusyunan sa "facts." Kung gusto mo simulan natin sa ibang thread. Sabihin mo lang. ;D

I concur! seems you get ultra sensitive when the topic of your top recruit is brought forward in a realistic point of view. Funny, how you suddenly turn on the defensive when the topic turns to the academic prowess of your recruits when its a known fact that ever since your school went on a recruiting binge you had to lower your high standards just to accommodate the best players money can buy! been there and done that, i say! and you very well know where it got us! Your admin may have learned a few things from our mistakes and therefore and hopefully wont suffer the same fate as my beloved alma mater. And please spare me from that "We only get players who are students first and athletes second" BS... You guys got the recruits for their basketball skills and not for anything else. Tama na ang plastikan pare, you said in another thread that you know "how we work"? Sorry my friend but we all know how you guys work too!....and it aint exactly the perception that you want the whole country to believe! Im sleepy and tired...If i hit a nerve, i apologize but im just being honest here. ok? :)

glock23
01-19-2008, 11:42 PM
glock/out,

Pls be reminded that we are monitoring this thread closely. Intellectual discussions only.

My apologies boss. Things just got heated up a bit. no worries, chilling now ;D

Out_Of_The_Blue
01-20-2008, 12:05 AM

yan ang hinihintay ko na hirit mo! si gatcha at beni, wala ding diploma and thats a fact! sorry for the OT mods.* ;D heto ang tsismis, si top recruit ginagawan na daw ng diploma para ang dating eh student-athlete sa the kyusi de manila dahil pinakilala na sa komunidad eh baka mapahiya si blacksheep ng pamilya at si kots na namuti* ;D payong kaibigan lang "silence is golden" in the recruitment wars! kung hindi eh pahiya ka talaga sa komunidad nyong atat na atat na* ;D

Salamat sa tsismis pare .... mukhang magaling ka talaga dyan....hintayin na lang natin.* ;D

Kung ok lang sa yo, ituloy na lang natin and diskusyunan sa "facts." Kung gusto mo simulan natin sa ibang thread. Sabihin mo lang.* ;D

I concur! seems you get ultra sensitive when the topic of your top recruit is brought forward in a realistic point of view. Funny, how you suddenly turn on the defensive when the topic turns to the academic prowess of your recruits when its a known fact that ever since your school went on a recruiting binge you had to lower your high standards just to accommodate the best players money can buy! been there and done that, i say! and you very well know where it got us! Your admin may have learned a few things from our mistakes and therefore and hopefully* wont suffer the same fate as my beloved alma mater. And please spare me from that "We only get players who are students first and athletes second" BS... You guys got the recruits for their basketball skills and not for anything else. Tama na ang plastikan pare, you said in another thread that you know "how we work"? Sorry my friend but we all know how you guys work too!....and it aint exactly the perception that you want the whole country to believe! Im sleepy and tired...If i hit a nerve, i apologize but im just being honest here. ok?* :)

Pare, this is a tsismis thread. You have to premise your posts as "tsismis" and not allegations.

But to answer your point, good that you know how we work too...... so what's the big deal? We work well period. Unless you want to add more color to that (in which case, I challenge you to present the FACTS instead. ;D Ikaw ang defensive and sensitive - probably because buong bayan alam kung pano talaga kayo magtrabaho as proven by the FACTS of the past.

Ok...apology accepted. Tulog ka na. :)

nightowl
01-20-2008, 07:18 PM
The news is 4 players from ADMU are having academic problems: Baclao, Salamat, Al-Hussaini and Sumalinog. Is this why Ateneo is recruiting so many players?

Today, Justin Chua(yung player, not the one who PASSED the earlier ACET) Ryan Buenafe, Salva, Burke, Vince Fran, Clark Bautista, Cipriano and I think at least 1 other player, took the ACET.

Let's wish them all the best!

shyboy
01-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Naks, sabay-sabay pa ang test nila ah. Baka sinasanay na sa "team effort" para makapasa. hahaha

blueatheart
01-20-2008, 08:09 PM
The news is 4 players from ADMU are having academic problems: Baclao, Salamat, Al-Hussaini and Sumalinog. Is this why Ateneo is recruiting so many players?

Today, Justin Chua(yung player, not the one who PASSED the earlier ACET) Ryan Buenafe, Salva, Burke, Vince Fran, Clark Bautista, Cipriano and I think at least 1 other player, took the ACET.

i don't think they need luck. i think that the test is just a formality (i hope hehe). the real test will begin once they enter the ateneo academic system.

person
01-20-2008, 10:27 PM

kumuha ba si de chavez ng acet sabay nina bautista?

bchoter
01-21-2008, 12:29 AM

Manong bchoter, does it mean that España already has a lock on Clark?
kabayan, I guess you misunderstood my post. All I was saying is that if Clark plays for UST he'll probably spend a year or two of seasoning in Team B. Given Ateneo's line up I also expect him to play in team B if he goes there. Yun lang. Walang lock.

nightowl
01-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Of course de Chavez took the test! Who placed him in BIS in the first place!

What does that mean, " a formality", no need to pass the ACET, pasok na sa Ateneo?(As if I did'nt know....)

Still, it would be interesting to know who passed. With all the "expense" in recruiting them, I will understand if the test is just a formality, but they do need the 3 R's.

Schortsanitis
01-21-2008, 10:38 AM
When will yesterday's (Sun., Jan. 20, 2008) ACET results come out?

ocean
01-21-2008, 11:04 AM
What about other "blue chips". Who else took the ACET?

Did Gabriel Banal of Xavier take the test? What about the son of Alvin Teng?

Kid Cubao
01-21-2008, 01:17 PM

sa apat na yan, tatlo ang medyo kelangang magsunog ng kilay. pero yung isa, ewan ko kung bakit nasama sa listahang yan dahil matataas naman ang grades nya.

blueatheart
01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Kid Cubao,

AFAIK, Baclao is doing ok in his studies. tama ba ko?

joelex
01-21-2008, 08:20 PM
si nkemakolam 1.0 ang grado matatanggal ba sya sa team balita ko'y di pumapasok sa klase si jobe

pio_valenz
01-22-2008, 06:32 AM
What about other "blue chips". Who else took the ACET?

Did Gabriel Banal of Xavier take the test? What about the son of Alvin Teng?

Somehow I just don't see Joel Banal sending his son to Ateneo after what Talk N Text did to him.

BLUE HORSE
01-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Pio, are you forgetting that the younger son of Joel Banal is a sophomore at AHS and played significant minutes on this years team? Then again, the next door neighbors of the Banals may just offer Gabriel a choice of school depending on his preference of color, red or green. Their next door neighbor is none other than Derrick Pumaren. ;D

oca
01-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Paano nga ba nagsimula ang tsismis kay top pick?

This started after the distribution of report cards for the second grading period. His grades were not encouraging to say the least. Meron ngayon humirit ng biro, in effect saying, paano siya mabubuhay sa* Kyusi kung ganyan ang grades niya.

Alam niyo naman ang ugaling Pinoy, may mahilig manggatong. Ayun, may humirit pa, pag may sabit daw siya hindi na siya tutulungan ni..... mayabang na daw kasi.

When this "biruan" became public and given a "twist", his handlers advised the kid na huwag nang patulan ang mga biro at huwag nang i-discuss kahit kanino ang bagay na ito.

Ayun...wala nang balita mula sa kanya. Kahit yung mga nagbabandera sa kanya ay biglang tumahik ngayon.

But will he graduate this March?

Hindi naman bobo ang bata. Spoiled lang sila sa paaralan nila these past years kaya naging pabaya sa pag-aaral.

Eto ang isa pang tsismis na inulit ng kausap ko, may isang pari sa paaralan niya ngayon who really got peeved when he went to campus wearing the shirt of his "next school". He wore it in more than one occasion. The priest has made it known to his teachers that this top pick should no longer be given favors.

Ayun, parang nasa- pressure cooker na ang bata. He is on his own pagdating sa academics.

That's also one of the reason he has not made himself available to the SBP program. May nagsulsol sa kanya na the people handling the NT will not be accomodating to him at mahihirapan lalo siya to focus on his studies.

Sabi ng kausap ko, the kid really wants to go to Kyusi and he is working on it.

Katatapos lang ng 3rd grading period. Pag okay ang mga grades niya, expect people from Kyusi to be noisy again, sabi ng kausap ko. Pero pag tagilid pa rin, expect extended silence.* ::)

Binigyan kaya siya ng tutor ng mga taga-Kyusi? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

shyboy
01-22-2008, 10:18 AM
^ Is there any reason why they didn't send him to Reedley? Diba sabi nila wala namang problema dun sa ginawa nila kay Japeth. ;)

atenean_blooded
01-22-2008, 10:31 AM
^* Is there any reason why they didn't send him to Reedley?* Diba sabi nila wala namang problema dun sa ginawa nila kay Japeth.* *;)

Baka daw masulot uli ng Western Kentucky.

Schortsanitis
01-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Eto ang isa pang tsismis na inulit ng kausap ko, may isang pari sa paaralan niya ngayon who really got peeved when he went to campus wearing the shirt of his "next school". He wore it in more than one occasion. The priest has made it known to his teachers that this top pick should no longer be given favors.

I guess he had the right to wear that shirt at his current school, but then he has to deal w/ the backlash that some people would've perceived it as a sign of arrogance, & thus would bear ill feelings towards him & his actions.

glock23
01-22-2008, 10:53 AM
top recruit will surely be given all the help by kyusi de manila to ensure that there are no glitches in his transfer to kyusi. Mahirap na kung di matuloy ang paglipat eh na parada na sa komunidad ;)

Guardian Angel
01-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Any time there is this much speculation, surmise and gossip about an incoming college player, it only confirms the value of the kid, basketball wise.

BLUE HORSE
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Paano nga ba nagsimula ang tsismis kay top pick?

Ayun, parang nasa- pressure cooker na ang bata. He is on his own pagdating sa academics.

That's also one of the reason he has not made himself available to the SBP program. May nagsulsol sa kanya na the people handling the NT will not be accomodating to him at mahihirapan lalo siya to focus on his studies.

Sabi ng kausap ko, the kid really wants to go to Kyusi and he is working on it.

Katatapos lang ng 3rd grading period. Pag okay ang mga grades niya, expect people from Kyusi to be noisy again, sabi ng kausap ko. Pero pag tagilid pa rin, expect extended silence.* ::)

Binigyan kaya siya ng tutor ng mga taga-Kyusi? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The news moratorium out of ADMU applied to all of the recruits and not just the prime recruit.* The silence came as a shock to others because of how abrupt the news information dried up.* People are forgetting that the same news embargo existed last year and was lifted around Easter.* The big difference is that the incoming recruiting class for next year is very large and quite heralded compared to the last 2 years recruiting group.* Check out last years innuendoes against the recruits and the news embargo from the school in this very fora.

Is it coincidence that a lot of the detractors of Buenafe came out when it became very apparent which school he wants to attend next school year?* On the other hand, the coaching staff and recruiters were on overdrive trying to recruit him for their own school.* How come there are no direct attacks on the other ADMU recruits who are also being recruited by their schooll and like Buenafe said no to their offers?

The priests of SSC may have a heart attack if they knew that their star player on next years Staglets team had been wearing an ADMU uniform during the Youth tryouts.* This came as a big surprise to the fans of the other schools in attendance since said player is just a junior.* Was this player signalling his future intentions?* If he was, how long before tsismis about him is leaked in the electronic fora?* *All I can say is "Eric Salamat".

Easter is not to far away.* Let us wait and see who will have the last laugh, Ryan or his detractors!

nightowl
01-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, when Ryan is accepted in ADMU without passing the ACET (through reconsideration), then his detractors will laugh!

pio_valenz
01-22-2008, 09:38 PM
^Hay salamat, someone finally stopped beating around the bush. Para tayong nag-uululan dito, alam naman natin lahat na si Ryan Buenafe ang pinag-uusapan, may nalalaman pa tayong "top recruit". :D

shyboy
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
^^^ Oh goodie. A year or two from now, there'll be zero Eaglets and a full set of mercenaries, mostly of the Staglet variety, playing for ADMU. What a treat. MVP must be proud.

canmaker
01-22-2008, 10:25 PM
De chavez is only a HS junior ...

===

kumuha ba si de chavez ng acet sabay nina bautista?

glock23
01-22-2008, 10:32 PM
^^^ Oh goodie. A year or two from now, there'll be zero Eaglets and a full set of mercenaries, mostly of the Staglet variety, playing for ADMU. What a treat. MVP must be proud.

and all student athletes to boot! ;)

salsa caballero
01-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Malabo yata maging mercenary at student-athlete at the same time, pare. ;)

gameface_one
01-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Everybody, let us just focus on the topic and avoid posting malicious slants that could ignite bashing. *Let's all be mature in dealing with this pls.

ocean
01-23-2008, 02:16 PM
What is the news from the RP Youth about a player who made the cut but now will no longer join the pool. Rumor is the school he is going to will need him this coming year, so, bye bye RP YOUTH!

batangueño
01-23-2008, 03:49 PM
What is the news from the RP Youth about a player who made the cut but now will no longer join the pool. Rumor is the school he is going to will need him this coming year, so, bye bye RP YOUTH!

Aba! Kilala ko yan. ;D

denver
01-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Who is he?

If he made the cut, why won't he play? Goodness, this is the philippine team, and all young basketball players should aspire to be part of this team. I know that some players rarely showed up, based on what I have read here. This is different because to make the cut, he must have been practicing regularly with the team.

I would really like to know what possible excuse this player will have.

bigfreeze_bibby
01-23-2008, 05:06 PM
I guess this is Nico Salva. Isa siya sa nakikita kong incoming collegiate freshmen na may magiging impact sa Ateneo come season 71.

glock23
01-23-2008, 05:38 PM
kung ganoon, order ni mama yan ;D

nightowl
01-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Could it be orders from the school?

Where is the sacrifice for the country then? Maybe that's not so important to some people now, and the school is more important than the country.

blueatheart
01-23-2008, 10:50 PM
couldn't it be the fact that he was informed of the decision of one of the players, which is to not play next season, of that school? pwede rin naman dba? that would give him a spot in team A most probably.

danny
01-24-2008, 02:17 AM
Could it be orders from the school?

Where is the sacrifice for the country then? Maybe that's not so important to some people now, and the school is more important than the country.

A truism hard to deny. Aside from school loyalties,* it seems that Pinoys have more affinity to the region where they came from.* Kaya nga dito sa Canada there is no such thing as a Filipino community organization.* Regionalistic orgs madami.

Now back to the tsismis.

If Ateneo can give Nico an instant* spot in Team A, tiklop na ang lahat ng ibang gustong kumuha sa bata.* ;D

nightowl
01-24-2008, 07:10 AM
It's already in Atenista, about Salva no longer playing for the RP Youth team.

In the end, it about the school not about the country. Buenafe and now Salva, refusing the call for flag and country. I'm sure if left to decide for themselves, these boys would have given the year to wear the RP colors.

Who pressured them not to? Guess!

shyboy
01-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Just shows the real priorities of the recruited mercenaries. ;)

danny
01-24-2008, 07:38 AM

In the end, it about the school not about the country. Buenafe and now Salva, refusing the call for flag and country. I'm sure if left to decide for themselves, these boys would have given the year to wear the RP colors.

I don't think so. These kids are just following the examples of local leaders.*

Nagbobolahan naman kasi tayo. Kailan ba naging mas matimbang ang bayan kesa personal na interes?

danny
01-24-2008, 07:47 AM
Just shows the real priorities of the recruited mercenaries.* ;)

Mercenaries were used almost exclusively* to refer to La Salle players before. I'm surprised La Salistas are now using the term to refer to Ateneo recruits.* :D

Daanin na lang kasi sa basketball court. ;)

jembengzon
01-24-2008, 08:03 AM
settle down, everyone. :)

again, let's all head gameface one's reminder of avoiding malicious or potentially dangerous comments that could ignite PEX like retorts. we all are avid basketball fans and are passionate about the game. but let's remember that the reason why this house is one of the best b-ball sites is because of the discipline and adherence we all work hard to preserve. and that discussion is founded on intelligent discussions that challenge thought process, ( note: thought process, not gut reactions)

although this is the tsismis thread :D, let's all keep things civil and focused, shall we ? :)

danny
01-24-2008, 08:11 AM
settle down, everyone.* *:)

again, let's all head gameface one's reminder of avoiding malicious or potentially dangerous comments that could ignite PEX like retorts.* we all are avid basketball fans and are passionate about the game.* but let's remember that the reason why this house is one of the best b-ball sites is because of the discipline and adherence we all work hard to preserve.* and that discussion is founded on intelligent discussions that challenge thought process, ( note:* thought process, not gut reactions)

although this is the tsismis thread* :D, let's all keep things civil and focused, shall we ?* *:)

Amen.

bigfreeze_bibby
01-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Kung yan ang desisyon nila (or nung mga parents nila for that matter), respetuhin na lang natin. Talagang ganyan ang buhay. Katulad ng sinabi ni danny, kelan pa nga ba naging mas matimbang ang national interest kesa personal interest. I have to admit Nico will be a big factor for RP youth team's success but then if he really needs to get on board sa Ateneo then so be it, in which I see na if ever he gets into team A then malaking bagay yan for the Blue Eagles for season 71.

Schortsanitis
01-24-2008, 08:57 AM

Either NICO SALVA, or PHILIP PAREDES.

A news article came out a couple of weeks ago wherein Franz Pumaren expressed his frustration that Paredes' school was giving him the runaround in terms of getting the clearance for the kid.

As for the bashing, I agree, lets not import the PEx culture here. There are a lot of bashing going on there now, so if you want to let off some aggression about a school, do it there.

danny
01-24-2008, 09:01 AM

Either NICO SALVA, or PHILIP PAREDES.*

A news article came out a couple of weeks ago wherein Franz Pumaren expressed his frustration that Paredes' school was giving him the runaround in terms of getting the clearance for the kid.*

As for the bashing, I agree, lets not import the PEx culture here.* There are a lot of bashing going on there now, so if you want to let off some aggression about a school, do it there.

Ang tsismis ay hindi lang si Franz ang frustrated sa school ni Paredes. Madaming recruiters and frustrated daw. :D

LION
01-24-2008, 09:23 AM
^ ^ Bashing...*the bane of internet discussions. *;D

mighty_lion
01-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Oo nga mga pre. Lets tone down ourselves not to make this site look like Pex otherwise nagmumukha tayong troll infested dito. For me hagingan or hitting below the line directly is okey as long as ang kausap mo eh kaharap mo sa mesa na me malamig na SMB at pulutan sa gitna. Hitting each other online dont do good. Besides, sabi nga nila sa mata ng mga bata ang ginagawa ng matatanda ay tama.

bchoter
01-24-2008, 11:49 AM
^ Tama ka mighty_lion. Buti nalang may konting restraint pa ako kung hinde naki bash na rin ako gaya ng ginagawa ng mga nakakatanda natin dito sa gameface.ph.

glock23
01-24-2008, 01:12 PM
^ Tama ka mighty_lion. Buti nalang may konting restraint pa ako kung hinde naki bash na rin ako gaya ng ginagawa ng mga nakakatanda natin dito sa gameface.ph.

I admire your discipline! im pretty sure that if lasalle had a player in the same predicament as nico, Dlsu would have done the same and prevented the player from taking a sabattical.

shyboy
01-24-2008, 01:56 PM
^ If he chooses DLSU, I'd rather he join the Youth team this year and then play college ball the year after. I'm sure the coaching staff will have enough tools available in his absence. Isipin mo na lang kunwari nagre-residency siya.

01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Plus after a year in training under Pumaren.... he'll even be better when he plays S72!!!

bluewing
01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
ang hirap din kasi na si pumaren ang coach ng team. ang dami nyang pwedeng gawin. he can literally weaken the chances of other teams by including heralded players in the national team, and nasa posisyon pa sya na sulutin ang mga ito. wag na tayong magbolahan. alam natin na pwedeng mangyaro o pwedeng nangyayari na yan. natural lang na tumaas kilay mo di ba?

siguro hindi ganito ang kaso kung ang napisil na coach ay walang vested interest. baka sakaling mas madaling tanggapin na may player kang on loan sa national team.

Scout
01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
You have a point. Why did MVP put him there in the first place? ???

dark_seid
01-24-2008, 02:51 PM
^^ imo, franz pumaren's winning record in the uaap. player development is a must for a youth team, and one of the winningest coach in college ball should fit that bill.

Ghostrider
01-24-2008, 03:32 PM
ang hirap din kasi na si pumaren ang coach ng team. ang dami nyang pwedeng gawin. he can literally weaken the chances of other teams by including heralded players in the national team, and nasa posisyon pa sya na sulutin ang mga ito. wag na tayong magbolahan. alam natin na pwedeng mangyaro o pwedeng nangyayari na yan. natural lang na tumaas kilay mo di ba?

siguro hindi ganito ang kaso kung ang napisil na coach ay walang vested interest. baka sakaling mas madaling tanggapin na may player kang on loan sa national team.

Though I share the same apprehensions, I would like to believe that no coach is that incorrigible. Therefore, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

For the sake of flag and country, my position/opinion would be in favor of loaning out the players.

glock23
01-24-2008, 03:35 PM
You have a point. Why did MVP put him there in the first place? ???

The reason is so obvious! Franz is simply the best amateur coach in the land, even other coaches are amazed at how he conducts practices, and the players really get to understand his system.

Bluewing, sandy arrespacochaga is there to balance things out. Give franz the benefit of the doubt and accept it that he is the best one for the job, all for the name of flag and country.

shyboy
01-24-2008, 04:08 PM
^ Eh baka naman gumagawa lang tayo ng sarili nating multo with this "concern" about Franz as head coach. *Hindi naman Men's Team yung hawak niya na posibleng mas mahaba ang termino ng paglingkod ng player. *Ano ba naman yung isang taon na magsilbi for flag and country ang isang bata? *Questionable maybe if more than one player will come from the same school. *But then again if the school's basketball program will rely on 1, 2 or 3 rookies to carry their team, then it's the program that has a problem.

Jed Manguera's father stepped up to the plate and gave his commitment that his son will skip varsity this coming season. *If he goes on to play for DLSU, the school, which gave it's all out support to Franz's Youth endeavors, will not force Boy Manguera to change his stance. *Like them, the kid and the parents should decide on their own without the school requiring them to go their way.

What is MVP's stand on Salva? *He's wearing two hats, one as SBP chairman and the other as main Ateneo supporter cum financier. *It would be nice to know which hat he'll prefer wearing when asked upon regarding Salva.

glock23
01-24-2008, 04:44 PM
good point! I completely forgot that boy manguera indeed committed his son to the youth team! Hats off to him and jed for that matter.

jembengzon
01-24-2008, 05:05 PM
^ Eh baka naman gumagawa lang tayo ng sarili nating multo with this "concern" about Franz as head coach. *Hindi naman Men's Team yung hawak niya na posibleng mas mahaba ang termino ng paglingkod ng player. *Ano ba naman yung isang taon na magsilbi for flag and country ang isang bata? *Questionable maybe if more than one player will come from the same school. *But then again if the school's basketball program will rely on 1, 2 or 3 rookies to carry their team, then it's the program that has a problem.

Jed Manguera's father stepped up to the plate and gave his commitment that his son will skip varsity this coming season. *If he goes on to play for DLSU, the school, which gave it's all out support to Franz's Youth endeavors, will not force Boy Manguera to change his stance. *Like them, the kid and the parents should decide on their own without the school requiring them to go their way.

What is MVP's stand on Salva? *He's wearing two hats, one as SBP chairman and the other as main Ateneo supporter cum financier. *It would be nice to know which hat he'll prefer wearing when asked upon regarding Salva.

i salute mr. manguera for commiting his son to play for the country.* that is indeed noble. and it's not based on whether the son will play for which school.* gusto niyang maglaro for RP, wonderful.*

ultimately, the choice of whether to play for school or country is an individual decision, and though we may all be of dissenting opinions, in the end, we should respect them.* Similar siutations happened when the top flight nba players opted to skip the olympics a couple of years ago, and they finished 6th i think.* now, they're composed of players who want to be at the olympics, and look like they'll be formidable as a team, not just individual stars.

actually, mvp wears 3 hats - sbp, san beda, and ateneo* ;D

Jeep
01-24-2008, 05:11 PM
^jem, maybe 4 hats? that's if you include his ownership of the languishing TnT. ;D

bluewing
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Bluewing, sandy arrespacochaga is there to balance things out. Give franz the benefit of the doubt and accept it that he is the best one for the job, all for the name of flag and country.

point taken, glock. pero credentials-wise sino nga ba naman si sandy compared to franz? mas may leverage nga naman ang isang multi-titled head coach kumpara sa isang assistant coach na nagkaroon ng isang tumultuous coaching stint di ba? if franz is really the best choice to mentor this youth team, and i submit that he is, mas madali sigurong ma-appease ang apprehensions ng marami kung gaya ng mga on-loan player nya, mag-leave din sya sa UAAP chores nya. dun din sya mag-focus. kahit nga ganitong set-up ay deliks pa rin dahil hindi naman tuluyang mapuputol ang ugnayan ni pumaren sa dlsu. all i'm saying is i-level naman ang playing field.

shyboy, where does this "concern" come from? una, franz's record and reputation as a very good coach can easily sway impressionable youngsters into his fold. lalo na't matagal na samahan yan. bata yan eh. kung yung matatanda nga, na-uuto pa, yun pang mas bata? pangalawa, sabihin na lang nating, and i'm not speaking as a lasal-basher or die-hard Ateneo supporter here, may reputasyon din naman si pumaren na medyo... hindi maganda. unfair? well... siguro nga. pero kung may usok...

at yung punto mo kay manguera, well... wala naman danger na masulot sya eh, di ba? si pumaren nga naman yung coach nya.

and regarding your point na Ateneo will be relying on rookies to carry the team, sa opinyon ko, hindi rin. Ateneo's system has always been built around the more experienced players. the last Ateneo rookie to make an immediate impact was LA Tenorio. not even kirk long was able to live up to LA's stellar rookie year. so i don't think it's a matter of relying on Salva and the other rookies. of course, what do i know? baka nga naman nag-iba ang approach ni Norman dahil nga ubos na ang mga impact player namin. si salamat na lang ang sigurado.

shyboy
01-24-2008, 08:27 PM
^ Bluewing, this concern about Franz Pumaren using his, uhm, "charm" to woo players for DLSU may be false concerns in the first place. When was the last time Franz got a blue chip rookie? From 1998, I can only count less than a handful like Joseph Yeo, Cholo Villanueva and JV Casio who can be considered as blue-chip recruits out of high school. Current PBA players who came to DLSU during Franz's time like Mike Cortez, Jun-Jun Cabatu, Mac-Mac Cardona, Ryan Arana, Adonis Sta Maria, Mike Gavino, Manny Ramos and Carlo Sharma were either no-namers or were not really the hot recruits during their time. Don Allado, Mark Telan and Ren-ren Ritualo came before Franz took the coaching chores for DLSU. Given such, would anyone really believe Franz would break his system and use his clout as coach of the Youth team to get prized recruits?

Also, sige, sabihin na nating kunwari Franz's real intention is to weaken his UAAP opposition's chances by disallowing them to play varsity ball. Do we really believe one rookie could have a big impact in a team's chances of winning? I agree only once in a blue moon will there ba another rookie ala Tenorio who will immediately scare us out of our wits. And that's precisely the point. Let these kids play for flag. If they initially decide not to, then let's advise them to change their minds. This opportunity comes just once in a lifetime. They're still just rookies anyway.

nightowl
01-24-2008, 09:01 PM
To add to that, Salva and Buenafe are already entering college this year. They can already tell the world where they are going, and enroll in that school by summer. No amount of influencing by Franz or anyone else can change that.

If they transfer to another school after enrolling in Ateneo, that is a 2 year residency (assuming its La Salle or any other UAAP school). It just wouldnt make sense for Franz to even try to woo them if they are already enrolled in Ateneo. Think about that.

bchoter
01-24-2008, 10:00 PM

I admire your discipline! im pretty sure that if* lasalle had a player in the same predicament as nico, Dlsu would have done the same and prevented the player from taking a sabattical.
I said that in jest po to lighten things up... I forgot to emphasize the nakatatanda part of it. I hope nobody takes offense from this post.

blueatheart
01-24-2008, 11:03 PM
To add to that, Salva and Buenafe are already entering college this year. They can already tell the world where they are going, and enroll in that school by summer. No amount of influencing by Franz or anyone else can change that.

If they transfer to another school after enrolling in Ateneo, that is a 2 year residency (assuming its La Salle or any other UAAP school). It just wouldnt make sense for Franz to even try to woo them if they are already enrolled in Ateneo. Think about that.

but they are not yet enrolled as of now. and we know for a fact that the RP team is already in training. franz can woo them during this time. if the training was set, maybe after enrollment, then you could say that the school or the players are not thinking of the country. but like i said, they are training now and like what most people are saying, marami pa pwede mangyari habang hindi pa nageenroll sa school.

keempee
01-24-2008, 11:17 PM

I don't think so. These kids are just following the examples of local leaders.*

Nagbobolahan naman kasi tayo. Kailan ba naging mas matimbang ang bayan kesa personal na interes?

paras, guanio, magsanoc and joey mendoza all sacrificed for the sake of the flag. it was unfortunate for UP, but back then, una ang bansa bago sa skwela. as it should be now and always.

Just shows the real priorities of the recruited mercenaries. ;)

Mercenaries were used almost exclusively to refer to La Salle players before. I'm surprised La Salistas are now using the term to refer to Ateneo recruits. :D

Daanin na lang kasi sa basketball court. ;)

mapua hs players who transferred to ue and caloocan hs standouts who played for ateneo way back in the 60s that gave their respective schools uaap and ncaa crowns were also mercs, and probably the original ones.

yungha
01-24-2008, 11:54 PM
^ Bluewing, this concern about Franz Pumaren using his, uhm, "charm" to woo players for DLSU may be false concerns in the first place.* When was the last time Franz got a blue chip rookie?* From 1998, I can only count less than a handful like Joseph Yeo, Cholo Villanueva and JV Casio who can be considered as blue-chip recruits out of high school...*

nope, franz has definitely gotten his share of blue chip recruits. manalo, cua and galinato were THE high school gems of their time and had recruiters calling left and right. benitez, gatchalian and the cabatu brothers were rp youth team members. somehow, these guys just didn't pan out. but correct, it was the unheralded recruits like arana and cardona who really blossomed under franz's tutelage.

glock23
01-25-2008, 12:23 AM
shyboy, where does this "concern" come from? una, franz's record and reputation as a very good coach can easily sway impressionable youngsters into his fold. lalo na't matagal na samahan yan. bata yan eh. kung yung matatanda nga, na-uuto pa, yun pang mas bata? pangalawa, sabihin na lang nating, and i'm not speaking as a lasal-basher or die-hard Ateneo supporter here, may reputasyon din naman si pumaren na medyo... hindi maganda. unfair? well... siguro nga. pero kung may usok...

Bluewing, are you saying that the all powerful ateneo is getting insecure of one coach named franz pumaren? you really think that franz can sway a top prospective rookie away from the mighty MVP? I think not man! Just keepin it real! ;)

danny
01-25-2008, 01:32 AM
^ Bluewing, this concern about Franz Pumaren using his, uhm, "charm" to woo players for DLSU may be false concerns in the first place.* When was the last time Franz got a blue chip rookie?* From 1998, I can only count less than a handful like Joseph Yeo, Cholo Villanueva and JV Casio who can be considered as blue-chip recruits out of high school...*

nope, franz has definitely gotten his share of blue chip recruits. manalo, cua and galinato were THE high school gems of their time and had recruiters calling left and right. benitez, gatchalian and the cabatu brothers were rp youth team members. somehow, these guys just didn't pan out. but correct, it was the unheralded recruits like arana and cardona who really blossomed under franz's tutelage.

Which can surely lead us to this simple question:

How many of these prized-recruits, throughout the years, really helped deliver the goods?

bluewing
01-25-2008, 02:03 AM
Bluewing, are you saying that the all powerful ateneo is getting insecure of one coach named franz pumaren? you really think that franz can sway a top prospective rookie away from the mighty MVP? I think not man! Just keepin it real! ;)

insecure? no, dude. that's not what i'm saying at all. i'm just calling a spade a spade. pumaren, all biases aside, has delivered the goods in terms of basketball success. and a winning record is a pretty strong selling point to prospective rookies. and i don't think sandy's limited say can balance anything out. it will still be pumaren's show.

insecure? siguro nga. pero hindi insecure na emotional or psychological. more like insecure kasi walang effective na bantay.

danny
01-25-2008, 03:32 AM
paras, guanio, magsanoc and joey mendoza all sacrificed for the sake of the flag. it was unfortunate for UP, but back then, una ang bansa bago sa skwela. as it should be now and always.

Probably the interest of UP basketball* is not the priority of Bedan Paras and Magsanoc and the others. In this case personal interest was in lock-step with national interest. Good for the country bad for UP baskteball. Then again, the interest of UP education should always be the country. Their decision was actually good* for UP as an educational institution but was specifically disasterous for the basketball program.

In the case of some* star players, national interest probably collided with their personal interest. Good for the school. Remember, that these guys are not automatons. They can very well decide on their own. They can even decide to go somewhere else.

As for those who truly* SACRFICE personal interest in favor of NATIONAL INTEREST,* "isang mapagpalayang pagbati!" :)

nightowl
01-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Remember that these boys are below 18 years old, with many still ih High School. Decisions like these are not theirs; they probably have a 25% say on what they will do.

It is their parents and the school that will really make the hard decision on whether to allow him to play for the RP Youth and give up a year of HS or college basketball. The boy will sadly have practically nothing to say about it, or will be persuaded to go along with the wishes of the elders.

In the case of Salva and Buenafe, they have already picked Ateneo as their university. If the family is firm on that, even if the boy wanted to go to La Salle, he will not be allowed to do so. This is the Philippines, under 18 has no say. The boys will follow the wishes of their parents.

Now, if all the other schools were to do the same as Ateneo in the case of the RP Youth, what will we have? Jed Manguera playing alone......no this won't happen. The Iloilo boys will be there along with some of the other metro based players. Hopefully, Paredes will also be around......

danny
01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Let's not downplay the maturity of these kids. Kung kaya nilang magdesisyong humawak ng bola para sa paaralan, kaya din nilang magdesisyong humawak ng bola para sa bayan.

Paano na? Magulang naman ngayon ang may kasalanan sa pagigign makasarili ng mga bata? E paano kung sabihin nating ang bayan mismong kinalakihan nila ang dahilan?

Makabayan ba talaga ang mga taong pumupuna?

LION
01-25-2008, 07:50 AM
How about the fil-foreigners who represent the country in the olympics, asian games, sea games, etc.

Is love for the country their motivation for wearing our colors?* Think Alex Crisano.*

Because of the hype generated by the rivalries particularly in the UAAP,* these wannabe kids wanna join and get their share of the limelight than play for the country where the hype and publicity pales in comparison to that of the UAAP.* Am not saying it is good or bad.* It is indeed a matter of priority and we should not expect too much from these kids.* Sa men's basketball pa siguro.*

danny
01-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Good point pare. Let's just not expect too much from these young kids or their parents.

Pwede pa naman yang turuan ng lipunan nating bayan ang unang prioridad.

Ranger
01-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Andyan naman si Frank Golla... Papahiram ng ADMU... unless they will also restrict him in the next few days... ;D

SBP's plan to push the National Team back to respectability took another big blow when Salva decided not to play for country. We must remember, one of the focus of the SBP is to instill into the youth the importance of playing for country. Now it seems that it will be no easy task in achieving this. It is evident that big college schools pose a threat to this goal.

Now more than ever, lets give our all out support to these players who choose to play for our country...

bluegirl
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
teka lang, sigurado na bang ateneo ang pumipigil sa mga batang ito? kasi base sa mga hirit ng mga tao, parang siguradong sigurado sila na ateneo nga eh...

Guardian Angel
01-25-2008, 09:44 AM

You can add Benitez to that list

Jeep
01-25-2008, 09:52 AM
^attagirl! right in the kisser! *;D

i thought everyone heeded gameface's admonition to keep things civil here. apparently some cannot understand plain english.

to play for flag and country is an ideal we all seek to uphold. that a player decides not to shouldn't be seen as a diminution of his or her love of this country. this is not an extreme situation in which the country's very existence is at stake. i'm sure that in such a situation (and believe me, you will not want this situation to arise), we will all be prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice. and that includes these kids, i'm sure.

so let's respect their decisions, however difficult it might be to appreciate them. they've made their choices. live with it.

GHRanger
01-25-2008, 09:55 AM
We can put it in another way.

One player not opting to play for flag and country is another player's opportunity to be trained and play. Let's just keep it at that and respect the decision that given the circumstances this is what they (players) think will be good for them.

ocean
01-25-2008, 10:16 AM
teka lang, sigurado na bang ateneo ang pumipigil sa mga batang ito? kasi base sa mga hirit ng mga tao, parang siguradong sigurado sila na ateneo nga eh...

The reason people will think it is Ateneo, is because Ateneo will benefit from the decision of Buenafe and Salva to skip the Youth and play for Ateneo instead, in the UAAP and other leagues.

What is worrisome is this could start a domino effect. Other schools will say, why should we sacrifice our players for national interest when other schools do not? Ateneo has a lot of players pa naman on hold (Team B).

bluegirl
01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
un nga eh. the decision should remain with the players and/or the players' families. now, if they choose not to play for the national team, well then sayang but wag naman kung anu anong chismis and intriga ang ibato. they will have their reasons and we should all respect that.

hindi ba similar case yan for other NBA superstars who declined when they were invited to play for the US team? while playing for one's country can bring immense pride and honor, no one can deprive them of thinking about their futures as well. natural sa mga bata at sa mga pamilya nila ang isipin ang kinabukasan nila bago pag-desisyunan yang ganyang bagay.

and as to ateneo benefiting in case salva and buenafe don't play for the youth team, sure there is truth to that. but that doesn't mean ateneo nga ang humahadlang. that's what you call jumping to conclusions. and about the domino effect, eh pambihira naman pala ung ibang schools eh, crab mentality?!

01-25-2008, 10:48 AM
You have a point.* Why did MVP put him there in the first place?* ???

The reason is so obvious! Franz is simply the best amateur coach in the land, even other coaches are amazed at how he conducts practices, and the players really get to understand his system.

I think Scout was being sarcastic.... all of the anti Pumaren posters must be so perplexed that their kingpin handpicked him for the job* :o

Buenafe?* This kid right now is very very confused. AFAIK he already has been sending feelers to other schools.... ateneo must be vigilant.... with him,* anything is possible* :-\

Scout
01-25-2008, 11:13 AM
this being a gossip thread --

(fresh from a Championship) Coach John Flores resigns.... irrevocably........ Ken Barracoso declines to play for S71..... what happened? anything happened with AJ and her Coach?

keempee
01-25-2008, 11:28 AM

Probably the interest of UP basketball* is not the priority of Bedan Paras and Magsanoc and the others. In this case personal interest was in lock-step with national interest. Good for the country bad for UP baskteball. Then again, the interest of UP education should always be the country. Their decision was actually good* for UP as an educational institution but was specifically disasterous for the basketball program.

In the case of some* star players, national interest probably collided with their personal interest. Good for the school. Remember, that these guys are not automatons. They can very well decide on their own. They can even decide to go somewhere else.

As for those who truly* SACRFICE personal interest in favor of NATIONAL INTEREST,* "isang mapagpalayang pagbati!" :)

probably, but then again, probably not. speculation na lang yan. maroon stalwarts paras and magsanoc and the others had UP basketball in mind, but they had their priorities straight. country first, and foremost.

they actually proved it again in the 1990 asian games, joining up with the all-star pba team even though they just came from a tumultuous, rugged (even dirty) finals against jaworski, gonzalgo and loyzaga (who became their coach and teammates). kahit kaaway at pinapasuntok ka kay distrito, ok lang kasi flag ang tumatawag eh. pilay si caidic din non. di pa din totally over yung away ni jawo at fernandez. pero national prevailed over personal interests, so they all came together. so mapagpalayang pagbati goes to them.

of course people could spin the story and say it was actually to these players' personal interests to join that team. mga usapang ayaw magpatalo,hehehe.

in his final (or was it second to the last) game in the uaap in 1988, paras threw down 2 monster dunks against dlsu in the old rizal memorial, but was plagued by foul trouble all throughout and graduated quite early. he was a picture of emotional pain as he walked off the court. he did play for another tournament or exhibition afterwards, even as he apologized to his teammates as he wanted UP to achieve so much in 1987 and 1988. kaso he couldn't say no when the philippine team came calling.

mali actually na-quote ko din....i was referring to the original message of nightowl when he said "In the end, it (sic) about the school, not about the country." *to repeat, back then, una ang bansa bago ang skwela (or club team).

5FootCarrot
01-25-2008, 01:29 PM

(fresh from a Championship) Coach John Flores resigns.... irrevocably........* Ken Barracoso declines to play for S71..... what happened?* anything happened with AJ and her Coach?

Ken is not AJ, so I don't see how his uncertain status with the Blue Eagles has to do with Coach John's resignation or with AJ's status with her own team.

At any rate, I don't have any info on any of this, so I don't know if any of the situations referred to above have anything to do with each other.

glock23
01-25-2008, 02:59 PM

insecure? no, dude. that's not what i'm saying at all. i'm just calling a spade a spade. pumaren, all biases aside, has delivered the goods in terms of basketball success. and a winning record is a pretty strong selling point to prospective rookies. and i don't think sandy's limited say can balance anything out. it will still be pumaren's show.

insecure? siguro nga. pero hindi insecure na emotional or psychological. more like insecure kasi walang effective na bantay.

Ang bantay ay si MVP mismo. If the said prospect is a lock to play for the ateneo as stated by the blue side, no amount of convincing by franz et al will make the player change his mind, unless of course di pa talaga locked in sa katipunan. I do get your point but still cant believe that franz has that much influence on the boys to make them change their minds, especially with the perks they will be getting in ateneo which lasalle can not match anyway ;)

glock23
01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Andyan naman si Frank Golla... Papahiram ng ADMU... unless they will also restrict him in the next few days... ;D

Papahiram ng ADMU sa bayan o sa DLSU? ;D

Fried Green Tomato
01-25-2008, 03:41 PM
I think we should set our priorities very clear.

When it comes to giving our service for the country there should be no ifs or buts. While we may have different school loyalties and even different concerns in mind, as filipinos, we should rally behind the flag ALL THE TIME.

If a player is fit to play and being called to play for the country, as a filipino, it is his obligation to render service for the higher cause. It is up to the parents or even to the institution that he is inclined to join to make sure that he sets his priorities (at his young age) correct: it is always the country first and school loyalty second and there is no compromise or middle ground here.

To decline an invitation to play for the country without real valid reason is a betrayal of the country's interest. I'm sorry to say this but if some of our youth choose to give importance to their personal interest first rather than playing for the country, it is a reflection that some of our education institution failed to instill the right morals to these kids...and so with their parents.

Being tainted as a traitor is the most dispicable attribute a person would rather not prefer and I just hope we don't come to such conclusion very soon.

joelex
01-25-2008, 03:52 PM
MVP seems to have a likening to the Pumarens.

You have Franz as RP youth coach, Derick as his PBA team's coach.

Adds up to the list which already includes.....Philip Salvador, Joel Banal and papa Vic Pablo? ;D ;D ;D ;D

shyboy
01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Easy for these guys to say respect their decisions. Bakit kaya?

Sana, kung di naman pala lalaro para sa bayan, huwag na lang sumali sa tryout.

Do we really believe that after weeks of hard practices (halos dugo na ang ilabas nilang pawis) with the clear intention of being included in the Youth team, Salva and his family will just make a decision virtually saying "Nagkamali kami, di pala namin gusto sumali sa National Team." Very amusing this happened after the Youth chiefs asked the players to forego their varsity stints and Ricky Palou was one of those very vocal against the request.

glock23
01-25-2008, 11:33 PM
come on people we all know ateneo was behind the sudden withdrawal of salva from the youth team. ang hindi ko maintindihan eh bakit 'di pa aminin! Foster parent na ng bestfriend ni nico sa LSGH/san beda ang nag sabi nyan so bahala na kayo kung maniniwala o hindi. :)

danny
01-26-2008, 02:22 AM
For the sake of National Interest, itigil na nating* ang ang tsismis at paninira sa ibang paaralan.* :D :D

Kudos to those who will play for the flag and country. Sana huwag pera at future basketball career ang iniisip ninyo. Sana maging idolo niyo sina Lean Alejandro, Edjop, Ka Pepe Diokno at* Ninoy Aquino. (Pwere lang kay Ka Pepe, lahat pinatumba. :D)

All these talk of flag and country may appear as childish attemps to put one school in a bad light. Para sa bayan, huwag na lang nating gamiting dahilan ang bayan. 8)

I'm out of here.

danny
01-26-2008, 04:24 AM

they actually proved it again in the 1990 asian games, joining up with the all-star pba team even though they just came from a tumultuous, rugged (even dirty) finals against jaworski, gonzalgo and loyzaga (who became their coach and teammates). kahit kaaway at pinapasuntok ka kay distrito, ok lang kasi flag ang tumatawag eh. pilay si caidic din non. di pa din totally over yung away ni jawo at fernandez. pero national prevailed over personal interests, so they all came together. so mapagpalayang pagbati goes to them.

True. Very true. Credit San Beda and the families of Bedan Paras and Magsanoc for instilling this sense of Nationalism, by following a pradigm wherein Personal Interest is guided by National Interest. Credit also goes to UP for nourishing their love of country.

Lumalagablab at pulahang pagbati sa kanilang dalawa. At sa mga makabayang gamefacers.

john_paul_manahan
01-26-2008, 06:46 AM
it is what it is.

Eagle_Eyes
01-26-2008, 06:53 AM
whether they want to play for the national team or not is THEIR decision.

whether they want to play for this school or not is again THEIR decision.

live with that and just wait for season 71.

Scout
01-26-2008, 07:06 AM

(fresh from a Championship) Coach John Flores resigns.... irrevocably........ Ken Barracoso declines to play for S71..... what happened? anything happened with AJ and her Coach?

Ken is not AJ, so I don't see how his uncertain status with the Blue Eagles has to do with Coach John's resignation or with AJ's status with her own team.

At any rate, I don't have any info on any of this, so I don't know if any of the situations referred to above have anything to do with each other.

Hmmmm...... so there MIGHT be something to it, after all?

nightowl
01-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Whatever the reason/s behind this, Buenafe from the very start showed little interest in joining the youth. He only showed up a couple of times, I was told. Bringas actually appeared a few more times than Ryan did. In the case of Salva, after over two month of practicing almost daily with the youth team, he all of a sudden, decides to pull out.

I am sure Nico and his family discussed the youth team even before the tryouts started, so the decision to play must have been well thought out. That is why it is so strange that all of a sudden Nico should withdraw from the youth team.

Right after taking the ACET last saturday!

That is why questions as to the sudden withdrawal are being asked. What triggered the change? The family had already decided that he should play. There must have been new inputs into the equation that made them decide to forego the youth team and play for Ateneo this season instead.

5FootCarrot
01-26-2008, 09:18 AM

Hmmmm...... so there MIGHT be something to it, after all?

Sorry, I'm not being purposely evasive, because I am truly not in the know on this and therefore don't know if there are any connections. Personally, I don't think so, but as the word "personally" should tell you, that's just my own theory. I'm just going to wait and see what's on the table in July.

I just wish to point out that Ken and AJ are not the same person and that logically, Ken has nothing to do with what's going on with the Lady Eagles.

keempee
01-26-2008, 09:36 AM

True. Very true. Credit San Beda and the families of Bedan Paras and Magsanoc for instilling this sense of Nationalism, by following a pradigm wherein Personal Interest is guided by National Interest. Credit also goes to UP for nourishing their love of country.

Lumalagablab at pulahang pagbati sa kanilang dalawa. At sa mga makabayang gamefacers.

hehehe. hokeyyy. galing ng beda talaga.

toti_mendiola
01-26-2008, 09:50 AM

hehehe. hokeyyy. galing ng beda talaga.

Sino si beda?

keempee
01-26-2008, 07:03 PM
yung naging santo. pero sige,let me rephrase. galing ng mga bedans talaga.

blueatheart
01-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I think we should set our priorities very clear.

When it comes to giving our service for the country there should be no ifs or buts. While we may have different school loyalties and even different concerns in mind, as filipinos, we should rally behind the flag ALL THE TIME.

If a player is fit to play and being called to play for the country, as a filipino, it is his obligation to render service for the higher cause. It is up to the parents or even to the institution that he is inclined to join to make sure that he sets his priorities (at his young age) correct: it is always the country first and school loyalty second and there is no compromise or middle ground here.

To decline an invitation to play for the country without real valid reason is a betrayal of the country's interest. I'm sorry to say this but if some of our youth choose to give importance to their personal interest first rather than playing for the country, it is a reflection that some of our education institution failed to instill the right morals to these kids...and so with their parents.

Being tainted as a traitor is the most dispicable attribute a person would rather not prefer and I just hope we don't come to such conclusion very soon.

aren't you stereotyping? i mean, not all people think the way you do and we should just leave it at that.

jkad
01-26-2008, 09:35 PM
In our last year in the NCAA, Steve Watson, Joy Carpio and Fritz Gaston were off with the RP team (or youth team) to some competition during the middle of the season. They missed Ateneo's last game of the first round which they lost, thereby losing the first round flag in the process. The 3 came back and helped Ateneo win the 2nd round flag, faced San Beda in the finals and lost the "behind-closed-doors" game 3 to San Beda on a disputed charging call against Pons Valdez. Who knows, if the 3 had been there for that first round game, maybe Ateneo would have won the 1st round and 2nd round which would have given them the outright championship...la lang, once upon a time meron rin nagsakripisyo na Atenista para sa bayan...not to mention Jose Rizal, Evelio Javier, etc. ;D

atenean_blooded
01-26-2008, 10:32 PM
whether they want to play for the national team or not is THEIR decision.

whether they want to play for this school or not is again THEIR decision.

live with that and just wait for season 71.

That about sums it up, doesn't it? :)

MonL
01-26-2008, 11:15 PM
In our last year in the NCAA, Steve Watson, Joy Carpio and Fritz Gaston were off with the RP team (or youth team) to some competition during the middle of the season.* They missed Ateneo's last game of the first round which they lost, thereby losing the first round flag in the process.* The 3 came back and helped Ateneo win the 2nd round flag, faced San* Beda in the finals and lost the "behind-closed-doors" game 3 to San Beda on a disputed charging call against Pons Valdez.* Who knows, if the 3 had been there for that first round game, maybe Ateneo would have won the 1st round and 2nd round which would have given them the outright championship...la lang, once upon a time meron rin nagsakripisyo na Atenista para sa bayan...not to mention Jose Rizal, Evelio Javier, etc. ;D

That was the 1977 Edition RP Youth Team, coached by Honesto Mayoralgo which won the RP Youth Championship in Kuwait. San Beda guard Chuck Barreiro also was in this lineup.

dose
01-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Eto bagong-bago...

May isang point guard from a champion high school team na sinusubukang i-recruit ng isang second-tier UAAP university. Ang offer among others is a starting spot on the team, free meals during his stay with the university, at free lifetime medical coverage/hospitalization for him and his whole family.