PDA

View Full Version : Revilla's gun-toting act?

durden_tyler
09-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Nobody has posted about it or everyone missed it?

At the 13.9 second mark of the 4th quarter... Baracael was shooting a pair of free throws, he missed both (which could have tied the game..)

LA Revilla, DLSU's rookie was at the bench having the time of his life but was jokingly pointing his index finger (with three other fingers at the palm and the thumb resembling a "clicking" motion)

Rookie mistake? Plain joke? Or classless?

paul_tamaraws
09-15-2008, 07:25 PM
^ it's a classless and stupid act, that "bang bang" gesture shows the meaning of a true La Sallian!

The_Big_Cat
09-15-2008, 07:44 PM
I would love to see Revilla do that infront of Baracael's face. ;D

mighty_lion
09-15-2008, 08:23 PM
I saw that in TV too but knowing Revilla especially during his RC days ni hindi yan marunong mag-taunt. Hindi yan kagaya ni James Martinez who does things consiously. Twice ko nang nakita yan nanalo ng offseason championships sa juniors at parang bulate yan kung magcelebrate. He is not the type of guy who will cry out loud in celebrating a victory (tears of joy ika nga). Just the thought of free throw(s) away to the UAAP Finals is something amazing for a young kid. Classless act? Maybe, but my best guess is that it was done unconsiously. Kakulitan as they say.

I sound defensive but I dare you from here on. If anyone can catch Revilla taunting other players we can go back to this instance and say he did it consiously.

scqg
09-15-2008, 08:36 PM
immature kid.

nash_bedista
09-15-2008, 08:48 PM
medyo na badtrip lang ako sa kapwa bedista ko, kay revilla. Hindi mo pwede sabihin na joke lang yn. I think twice ata nya ginwa yun .. ..

Dark Knight
09-15-2008, 09:09 PM
From my POV, depende yan sa taong nakakita.

Kung mahal na mahal mo ang FEU at si Baracael, magagalit ka talaga sa inasal ni Revilla.

Kung mahal na mahal mo ang FEU at ikaw ay may edad na, matatawa ka na lamang at maiisip mo na ganyan talaga ang mga bata. Wala naman siguro ibig sabihin na masama.

Pero sa buong La Salle team, sya lang yata ang gumawa nun.

O idol nya lang talaga si Macky Escalona.

Schortsanitis
09-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Let me put if this way: What if Baracael was from DLSU, and LA Revilla was from FEU? How would La Sallians viewed the act?

It was a bad joke, a tasteless one. Probably like poking fun at LA Revilla's lack of height, and playing basketball.

danny
09-16-2008, 02:20 AM
I saw that in TV too but knowing Revilla especially during his RC days ni hindi yan marunong mag-taunt. Hindi yan kagaya ni James Martinez who does things consiously. Twice ko nang nakita yan nanalo ng offseason championships sa juniors at parang bulate yan kung magcelebrate. He is not the type of guy who will cry out loud in celebrating a victory (tears of joy ika nga). Just the thought of free throw(s) away to the UAAP Finals is something amazing for a young kid. Classless act? Maybe, but my best guess is that it was done unconsiously. Kakulitan as they say.

I sound defensive but I dare you from here on. If anyone can catch Revilla taunting other players we can go back to this instance and say he did it consiously.

Nevertheless , he has to apologize for that act.

Tarantado ba siya? Kung nasa San Beda pa yan, "sapak" at matinding "booooo" kaagad aabutin niyan sa mga Bedista. Kung gusto niya ng barilan, umakyat siya ng bundok.

Anyway, trash-talking is celebrated in the UAAP. Revilla, that's not trash-talking any more.

bchoter
09-16-2008, 02:22 AM
Perhaps Michael Angelo S. Murillo should file this under another lapse in judgment

Fried Green Tomato
09-16-2008, 04:12 AM
At the 13.9 second mark of the 4th quarter... Baracael was shooting a pair of free throws, he missed both (which could have tied the game..)

LA Revilla, DLSU's rookie was at the bench having the time of his life but was jokingly pointing his index finger (with three other fingers at the palm and the thumb resembling a "clicking" motion)

DLSU was just leading by 2 pts when baracael was in the FT line and with a chance to tie the game. However baracael missed his shots and DLSU grabbed the rebound. Given the circumstances, what's the appropriate reaction?

Has it been proven that LA's "bang-bang" gesture was a deliberate act & pointed to baracael?

Or was it just that some would like to put malice to the incident?

Players react differently out of sheer delight and as for LA's case, the outright expression of his joy was the "bang-bang" gesture. I have seen players do that...James Martinez, Marcy Arellano and even Wesley Gonzales made such gesture before under different circumstances.

It is an outright classless and insensitive act if the gesture was directed to baracael considering what had happened to him.

But to assume that just because Baracael was the one in the FT line and LA made a "bang-bang" gesture then we could readily conclude that there was an ill-intent... maybe we should look closely at the circumstances first before we make a conclusion.

It is easy to put malice on anything if that's the intention but we do not know if that's the truth... it's always nice to have an open mind.

danny
09-16-2008, 04:23 AM
So intent must be proven first. Who is going to be the judge in this situation? Remember, this is not a court of law.

Anyway, he was already reprimanded by team management. I guess the person who reprimanded him saw it fit. If he was reprimanded because of that gesture, then I guess team management was cognizant of the potential public backlash irregardless of the intent. If this information from the grapevine is true, then we expect Revilla to clean up his act.

As a Bedan, it was troubling to see a former Red Cub doing a "bang! bang!" in a game against FEU.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

danny
09-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Perhaps Michael Angelo S. Murillo should file this under another lapse in judgment

True. Since "intent" and "context" has been raised, we will never know in this court of public opinion. Currently, its the job of ad agencies/media to manufacture truth.

"Truth", especially that which cannot be proven categorically, is another refuge of scoundrels. Second only to patriotism.

Everytime "truth" is raised, I am reminded of this quote:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. ” - Joseph Goebbels

Intention? We will never know. And that's the truth.

LION
09-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Part of growing up. I'm sure LA will learn from it (hope so).

LA, look up to Casio and Ritualo as your role models. They are the Red Cubs turned Green Archers worth emulating.

danny
09-16-2008, 07:51 AM
^^^

Aye!

RuckuS
09-16-2008, 12:03 PM
I would love to see Revilla do that infront of Baracael's face.* ;D

agreed. kung ako si Baracael tapos nakita ko na ginagawa sa akin yung pistol motion, sigurado tiklop yang LA "the shrimp" Revilla. ..

kaso hindi ako si Baracael.. everybody knows Mac to be a nice, softspoken youngman. which makes Revilla's act even more classless. pagsya ang na driveby sa may TAFT, ako unang tatawa sa lamay nya!

atenean_blooded
09-16-2008, 12:13 PM

DLSU was just leading by 2 pts when baracael was in the FT line and with a chance to tie the game. However baracael missed his shots and DLSU grabbed the rebound. Given the circumstances, what's the appropriate reaction?

Has it been proven that LA's "bang-bang" gesture was a deliberate act & pointed to baracael?

Players react differently out of sheer delight and as for LA's case, the outright expression of his joy was* the "bang-bang" gesture. I have seen players do that...James Martinez, Marcy Arellano and even Wesley Gonzales made such gesture before under different circumstances.

It is an outright classless and insensitive act if the gesture was directed to baracael considering what had happened to him.

But to assume that just because Baracael was the one in the FT line and LA made a "bang-bang" gesture then we could readily conclude that there was an ill-intent... maybe we should look closely at the circumstances first before we make a conclusion.

It is easy to put malice on anything if that's the intention but we do not know if that's the truth... it's always nice to have an open mind.

It was pretty obvious what Revilla was up to.

You can compare it all you want to what Martinez, Arellano, and Gonzales may have done to past opponents. Just remember that none of the guys whom those three engaged in a gestures game was ever shot twice in the back.

What Revilla did was utterly classless, disgusting, and unbecoming of anyone presuming to call himself a gentleman.

RuckuS
09-16-2008, 12:23 PM
yan nakakatawa kay FGT eh. sobrang lasalle fanboy. obvious naman kung gaano kababoy ginawa ng player nila dinidefend pa rin! hahaha such a groupie. ::)

atenean_blooded
09-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Absolutely classless.

Look for it at around 1:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whzXlQx4v6A

pio_valenz
09-16-2008, 01:56 PM

Players react differently out of sheer delight and as for LA's case, the outright expression of his joy was* the "bang-bang" gesture. I have seen players do that...James Martinez, Marcy Arellano and even Wesley Gonzales made such gesture before under different circumstances.

Come on! Let's get serious here! So are you trying to tell us that Revilla just happened to make a gun-toting gesture at the exact moment that a player who was shot two months ago was taking a free throw? You honestly think it was pure coincidence?

You say let us look at the circumstances first. Well, gee, what do you know? The circumstances tell us that Revilla cocked his hand like he was holding a pistol and made like he was shooting at someone just as someone who had actually been shot was attempting a very crucial free throw.

You can claim all you want that there is no solid evidence that Revilla meant to mock Baracael, but given the circumstances, sorry, but I think what Revilla did was either very wimpy and classless or very dumb and insensitive. Either way, shame on him.

chocoks77
09-16-2008, 02:00 PM
It was the worst act intended or unintended. This is plain stupidity on Revilla's part. It was classless. These are college kids and knowing the nature of what happened to Baracael, this is uncalled for. Masyadong maraming paraan para guluhin o t@r@ntaduhin ang kalaban ngunit hindi sa ganitong paraan kung san may TUNAY na nabaril at yun ay walang iba kundi si Mac Baracael. I think we may all assume now who shot Baracael in Morayta...it was LA Revilla.

bluegirl
09-16-2008, 02:28 PM
i caught the game on tv and even watched the replay. basang basa mo na sinabi pa nga na "bang bang" eh.

he's a kid, true. but that's no excuse. and you can't say na he was celebrating lang kaya ganun, wala naman sigurong malicious intent or nagkataon lang. sobrang coincidence naman nun ata.

i've said my piece about this in the Green Archer's Range and it wasn't really taken well. i understand that they want to defend him syempre, player nila yun. but i didn't expect that they'd be that defensive about it.

tulad ng sinabi ko dun, all i hope for is that mapagsabihan sya ng maigi and that he realize his mistake. and since napagsabihan naman na, perhaps we could put this issue to rest?

shyboy
09-16-2008, 02:29 PM
The boy was already reprimanded by school authorities during last Sunday's team dinner. *I'd assume an apology to Baracael would follow. *So what else does everybody want to happen? *Everyone think kailangan pang palakihin ng ganito yung pagkakamali ng bata?

coreytaylor
09-16-2008, 02:32 PM
take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O598Bc-lOhU

bad bad boy. dont do it again kid. tsk tsk

atenista_comm
09-16-2008, 02:40 PM
The young guy has been reprimanded despite FGT's desperate defense on the poor kid.* Let's bury this issue.* :)* Pwera na lang kung may gagawin ulit siya sa Linggo. :P

Pag nag strike two pa yan... ewan ko na lang... kakahiyan na yan ng mga La Salle Brothers.

mangtsito
09-16-2008, 02:50 PM
The boy was already reprimanded by school authorities during last Sunday's team dinner. *I'd assume an apology to Baracael would follow. *So what else does everybody want to happen? *Everyone think kailangan pang palakihin ng ganito yung pagkakamali ng bata?

Well, "assumed" pa lang yung apology pero hindi pa nangyayari. So pwede pang pag-usapan ito.

In the first place, malaking kamalian yung ginawa ng bata - yung mga tao dito ay nagre-react lang. Kung nasasaktan ang mga ka-eskwela niya dahil sa mga sinasabi dito sa thread na ito, pasensyahan na lang tayo. Hindi naman pwedeng manahimik lang ang mga nakasaksi.

Oo nga't walang kasiguruhan na nababasa ng may sala ang thread na ito, pero importante pa ring merong opportunidad siya na makabasa ng saloobin ng mga hindi niya ka-eskwela. Ano bang malay namin kung anong klaseng "reprimand" ang natanggap niya. Wala naman kami doon sa team dinner na iyon.

stonecold316
09-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm sure LA Revilla is a huge WWE fan at ang favorite niyang wrestler eh si Mick Foley na nasa TNA na ngayon. Mick became a legend also because of his "bang, bang" gestures inside and outside the squared circle.
;D ;D ;D

pio_valenz
09-16-2008, 03:42 PM

Just because he was already reprimanded doesn't mean we should stop talking about it. Kudos to the DLSU admin for doing the right thing, but we still have a right to express our disgust. Sa akin, okay lang na palakihin because what he did happened on national television, which makes it a very public event.

The_Big_Cat
09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
L.A. apologize to your Kuya Mac-Mac immediately.

glock23
09-16-2008, 04:18 PM
You guys can talk about it all you want. it's your right to do so but from our end we already did our part and talked to him about it and he will learn from his mistake. Lion said it best that LA is not the type to do something "stupid" but i guess being young got the better of him especially in a crucial and badly officiated game. And no need for LA to apologize as mac isnt even bothered by it...actually kayo lang ang apektado.

eightyfiver
09-16-2008, 04:38 PM
We don't have to make a big fuss out of it. It's just a burst of emotion which is natural for juveniles. Tayong mga adults ang dapat umintindi. Obviously hindi na niya naisip iyong ginagawa niya. Napagsabihan na daw iyong bata, so ok na iyon. No need for a public apology.

Nadinig ko na naman iyang salitang "class" kuno. Sigurado ba tayo na meron at iniisip pa natin ito habang nanonood ng basketbol? Judge not and ye shall not be judged.

Mateen Cleaves
09-16-2008, 04:43 PM
It was tactless and insensitive. But I can understand how that could happen to someone so young and caught up in the moment. Normal reaction by an immature player, as they say. But the question now is what is the appropriate action?

I think that La Salle missed an opportunity here by not making their reprimand public. Similarly, how much goodwill could DLSU and LA have recovered if he simply acknowledged that what he did was wrong... and apologized to Baracael and the viewing public? I do believe that it wouldn't have been a big deal to Baracael. But, Charles Barkley notwithstanding, kids do see their sports idols as role models. At the very least, LA could have set young La Sallians straight about what is and what isn't the right thing to do.

A public apology might have caused a little bit of (deserved) embarassment to LA, but I suspect that the public reaction would have been similar to the general tone in this thread -- disapproval of the action but willing to give the young man the benefit of the doubt.

eightyfiver
09-16-2008, 04:50 PM
How old is LA?

LION
09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
^ Might be 18 - 19.

bg_eagle
09-16-2008, 05:35 PM
It was tactless and insensitive. But I can understand how that could happen to someone so young and caught up in the moment. Normal reaction by an immature player, as they say. But the question now is what is the appropriate action?

I think that La Salle missed an opportunity here by not making their reprimand public. Similarly, how much goodwill could DLSU and LA have recovered if he simply acknowledged that what he did was wrong... and apologized to Baracael and the viewing public? I do believe that it wouldn't have been a big deal to Baracael. But, Charles Barkley notwithstanding, kids do see their sports idols as role models. At the very least, LA could have set young La Sallians straight about what is and what isn't the right thing to do.

A public apology might have caused a little bit of (deserved) embarassment to LA, but I suspect that the public reaction would have been similar to the general tone in this thread -- disapproval of the action but willing to give the young man the benefit of the doubt.

No need for the public apology. Kawawa naman yung bata. If they made it public, the blue side will surely make him uncomfortable during the finals. I don't think a lot of people really noticed it anyway, so it may be better to just diffuse the situation. I'm sure there wasn't really any harm meant. It was just immaturity blended with some stupidity.

jet127
09-16-2008, 05:41 PM
A public apology would be appropriate as this was shown on national tv. I didn't even know how to explain to my son when he asked why LA Revilla was toting gun gestures. These players are very blessed that they are in this situation and the least they can do is to act with some sort of decency in public. Defending LA by saying it is due to his age is simply crap. Lack of upbringing is more like it. Hope the La Salle Brothers will teach him to be a gentleman.

pio_valenz
09-16-2008, 05:43 PM
How old is LA?

He's a freshman, so around 18. Your point being?

glock23
09-16-2008, 06:20 PM
How old is LA?

la tenorio was older than him when he punched gaco and issued no apology to the latter. Finished! the kid has learned his lesson! and to Jet127 who seem to have a hard time explaining to his kid what had transpired, just bring him to the games and show him how educated and cultured people turn into hoodlooms from july to october. Reality bites man!

jet127
09-16-2008, 06:21 PM
I guess you don't have a kid....

pablohoney
09-16-2008, 06:27 PM
18 lang pala si Revilla eh.
Pwede nating sabihin na dala lang nang kakulitan (at kabataan) ang kanyang ginawa. ;)
Nevertheless, in bad taste pa rin ang "humor" niya.
Insensitive kumbaga.

If this happened to the other players in the UAAP or even in the NCAA, I don't think it will generate this much of a news.
Nagkataon pa na isang La Sallista ang gumawa.

Knowing people's fetish on anything about La Salle..... ;)

Now that he was, based on posts above me, been reprimanded by the school officials, I'm sure magtatanda na iyan.
If ginawa niya ulit yun (or something similar), ay ibang usapanna iyun. ;D

If ang reason is "lack of upbringing", it's like saying na sisihin ang eskwelahan na nagpalaki sa kanya.

pio_valenz
09-16-2008, 07:04 PM
How old is LA?

la tenorio was older than him when he punched gaco and issued no apology to the latter. Finished! the kid has learned his lesson! and to Jet127 who seem to have a hard time explaining to his kid what had transpired, just bring him to the games and show him how educated and cultured people turn into hoodlooms from july to october. Reality bites man!

Who cares what Tenorio did? I'm not interested in that. For the record, I also hated what he did because it was a cheap shot. But how does this excuse what Revilla did? And why do you have to automatically unearth a similar offense from an Atenean as your defense? Stop making this another La Salle-Ateneo thing, because that stuff doesn't work on me.

Fried Green Tomato
09-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Given the personal sentiments and perceptions that have been posted here... they still remained just personal opinions. For all its worth, let's hear them. But have we proven without reasonable doubt that LA's gesture was directed to baracael?

All we have so far are two separate frames - the first showing Baracael in the FT line and the second LA making the gun-toting act. So given the circumstances, are we therefore going to add one to the other and thus make a conclusion based on our perception?

Is that factual?

We are accusing here a person of doing an insensitive act and some have even jumped into their own perceived conclusion on what the whole incident was all about. But is that the real story or the story that we just want to imply to this incident?

What i'm just saying is that i'm not going to judge a person based on my perception. If it is to be proven that LA's act was indeed a taunting act to baracael then whether he's a La Sallian or our Green Archer, I would not condone to such act as it is beyond school color or pride... let's call a spade a spade.

But until such time, i'm not going to judge him for an act that may have been just a perception at all.

It is so easy to put malice on anything especially if you've vested interest and sometimes that's the easiest thing to do. How about giving the benefit of the doubt for a change?

If others still want talk about this and express their sentiments, feel free to do so. It's not that we're taking this issue for granted but we have to move on as we still have games to play.

jembengzon
09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
settle down brothers. palamig lahat tayo man - admu, up, dlsu, etc. CHILL ;D

let's get as much of possible facts:

1. the kid did a "move" that proved to be unwise
2. it was seen on national TV
3. it obviously sparked outrage
4. he was reprimanded by team management
5. people who know him personally (from san beda and dlsu) say he's a good kid

while i agree with the freedeom of expression act, whether it's to express outrage or defend LA, ultimately, the one who will have to live the consequence of his mistake will have to be LA himself. such a thoughtless and insensitive move is bound to bring on unintended consequences of fan reaction and the like. the aftermath that follows will be quite enough for him to have learned his lesson of developing into a true athlete and a gentleman.

what he does from hereon - whether it's to apologize, or keep quiet, etc. - defines him, both as an athlete and as a person. ika nga from "brothers and sisters" tv show last night, "...it stops now. it stops to be a mistake. from hereon in, it now becomes a choice..." that is what is facing LA now, how he responds to this controversy is what makes or breaks him.

and as to how we've all responded to this controversy.........it just goes to show we're all true hardcore basketball fans in the midst of a very intense and personal championship, bwahaha ;D don't mean to sound flippant, but just putting some perspective in place, brothers :D

RuckuS
09-16-2008, 07:53 PM
tsk tsk tsk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O598Bc-lOhU

shyboy
09-16-2008, 07:59 PM
^ Wow, does it really have to be this big a deal?

Wang-Bu
09-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Hindi napuna ni Mac Baracael ang "pamamaril" ni Revilla nung laro.

Nakita na lang niya sa tv nung kinagabihan kasi nga marami ngang nagsabi sa kanya. Natahimik lang siya.

Bumaba siya sa weights room ng FEU at nagbuhat ng ilang set.

Tapos umakyat na siya ulit sa dorm.

Mukhang wala naman yata sa kanya, siguro nga ok lang na nang-ganun si Revilla.

At wala nga namang makapagsasabi na sinadya ni Revilla at pinatutungkulan niya si Baracael nung ginawa niya 'yon.

Ganun na nga lang siguro 'yon.

Saya siguro nito kung kasali pa sa Tamaraws si Baracael sa Home and Away o ano pa mang ibang liga tapos dumayo ang Lasalle sa FEU Gym na nasa lineup nila si Revilla.

Siguro nga naman ok lang lahat at kalimutan na lang.

Sa batang-isip nga naman ni Revilla hindi naman natin siya pwedeng lubusang masisi.

At tingin ko nga ok sa buong komunidad ng FEU 'yon, lalo sa mga Tamaraws at lalong-lalo kay Baracael.

Para namang si Revilla mismong bumaril sa kanya.

Kaya tama nga, wala lang 'yon, ayos na 'yon.

5FootCarrot
09-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Pasensya na at makikisawsaw lang din po nang sandali...

The boy was already reprimanded by school authorities during last Sunday's team dinner. *I'd assume an apology to Baracael would follow.

First, I'm glad to hear La Salle team management called the LA's attention on this. The gun gesture was a tacky and incredibly stupid thing to do, and the heat of the moment is no excuse for doing it.

Second, if it has not happened already, LA (and anyone else who participated in the gun-related taunting) should directly apologize to Mac Baracael. There is no need to make such an apology public: although I think the fans would appreciate knowing about it, what is most important here is that LA tries to make amends to the person who was most affected.

Judging from Wang-Bu's post, I can't say how Mac would respond to such an apology. If he's a nice guy like everyone says (and I have not seen any indications to the contrary), then perhaps he will forgive right away and try to forget. But whether or not he forgives, the damage has been done. I hope LA realizes how hurtful his gesture was to Mac, even if he was only joking or trying to psyche out an opponent or whatever, and learns to be more circumspect in the future.

The names of Ren-Ren Ritualo and JV Casio have been mentioned here as class acts that LA should follow, and I agree. I was very disappointed to hear about a former Red Cub (and fellow Benedictine school product) engaging in such behavior. I hope LA straightens up in the years ahead, because if he continues to pull BS like that, he's not going to be fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Ritualo and Casio, no matter how talented he is.

BigBlue
09-16-2008, 09:06 PM

dude, the guy almost died. are those the things that you make fun of?

shyboy
09-16-2008, 09:40 PM
So much has been said about LA in this and other threads. *Yes, I do agree that what he did is insensitive. *But maybe we could lessen the level of criticism if we try to remember how free-wheeling, carefree, insensitive, crazy, and yes sometimes classless, many of us and our classmates were during our younger years.

shyboy
09-16-2008, 09:42 PM

I was referring to the youtube video posted by Ruckus. Does the criticism of the kid have to go that far?

THE ONLOOKER
09-16-2008, 09:44 PM
tsk tsk tsk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O598Bc-lOhU

Naalala ko bigla ang video ng "Ako Si M-16" ng Junior Kilat. ;D

scqg
09-16-2008, 10:20 PM
it's funny that the oldies are trying to defend an 18 YEAR OLD...

KID...as they claim... ??? let the kid stand up and speak up for himself! stop KIDding us. : ;D

tigerman
09-16-2008, 10:25 PM

After watching the video, I can say that yes it was done deliberately because he continuously made the gesture even after Baracael missed the 2 freethrows.

Malice was obviously present there.

You said it by yourself- under different circumstances. Therefore, the examples you have raised are not comparable to what Revilla did.

Just by watching the video, you can say that there's no doubt that the gesture was directed at Baracael. You might want to check also on the facial expression of the Archer seated beside Revilla and the other guy on his left who pulled his hair.

Maybe you should watch closely the video all over again. Never mind of course the anti-La Salle comments therein.

The intention was clear as the sky.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

scqg
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
tigerman: there is a word called 'denial' :)

glock23
09-16-2008, 10:39 PM
How old is LA?

Who cares what Tenorio did? I'm not interested in that. For the record, I also hated what he did because it was a cheap shot. But how does this excuse what Revilla did? And why do you have to automatically unearth a similar offense from an Atenean as your defense? Stop making this another La Salle-Ateneo thing, because that stuff doesn't work on me.

So what works on you Pio? Why are so bothered by what LA did? are you related to mac by any chance? do you know what kind of a person baracael is and the reason why he was shot? What do you want from LA Revilla? he was reprimanded already by the school and im sure he learned from it, mac saw the replay of the game and made nothing out of it but you seem to be having sleepless nights because of that " incident". Give it a rest man!

tigerman
09-16-2008, 10:49 PM
la tenorio was older than him when he punched gaco and issued no apology to the latter.

Lately, I've noticed the habit of some La Sallians in bringing up their rivalry with Ateneo and using this as a sort of defense mechanism to the present issues that are not connected to the past.

Finished! the kid has learned his lesson!

Ok the kid has learned his lesson, but some of the La Sallians here should learn too.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

glock23
09-16-2008, 11:15 PM
la tenorio was older than him when he punched gaco and issued no apology to the latter.

Lately, I've noticed the habit of some La Sallians in bringing up their rivalry with Ateneo and using this as a sort of defense mechanism to the present issues that are not connected to the past.

Finished! the kid has learned his lesson!

Ok the kid has learned his lesson, but some of the La Sallians here should learn too.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Not connected to the past? ah i forgot you're not part of either Ateneo nor La Salle.

And what is it that we should learn about that you are expected to be an expert in?

tigerman
09-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Not connected to the past?

Yes like pointing out Tenorio's infamous cheap shot to Gaco. Don't tell me it has a connection to Revilla's gesture.

ah i forgot you're not part of either Ateneo nor La Salle.

So what? Does it restrict my right to say my piece on certain issues?

And what is it that we should learn about that you are expected to be an expert in?

not to justify things that are obviously erroneous

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

joelex
09-17-2008, 12:14 AM
There would be no problem here if some lasallians just admitted the mistake by Revilla. Wala naman issue kung aaminin agad and hindi na mag bigay ng kung ano anong excuses.

atenean_blooded
09-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Okay, I'm Atenean, and I'm reacting to this issue again. I don't give a rat's ass if someone from some other school turns it into a pissing contest of who's done more wrong than who, because that's something I am quite certain I'll be able to tackle, and second, because that's absolutely irrelevant to the discussion.

It's quite obvious that a lot of people (I am assuming even those from La Salle) have been irked by this obviously deliberate, disgusting, classless, uncivilized, ungentlemanly, and ill-bred gesture directed at Baracael (anyone who says otherwise is living in absolute ignorance). It was wrong, and yes, it was a mistake.

Should Revilla apologize to Baracael? Obviously.

Should Revilla make a public apology? That's up to him and his conscience. Making a public apology, even if sincere, risks more public backlash and criticism. That's to be expected, and Revilla deserves no less for what he did. But if Revilla is sincere in his apology, he should be willing to accept scrutiny. And if he's a better person because of this, and if he takes this as an opportunity to grow, then he should be able to take criticism well enough. It's a question of maturity.

Now, why is this a big deal? Well, aside from the obvious reason that the act was deliberate and done with the intent to add insult to injury, we ought to look at the context of how it happened.

It wasn't an ordinary taunt. It was a direct reference to the traumatic incident wherein Baracael almost died. Now, I don't know if that seems trivial, but I don't think referencing near-death experiences, nay, crimes like what happened to Baracael should be taken lightly. Those of us here who insist on turning this into a pissing contest (particularly an Ateneo-La Salle pissing contest) will do well to realize that this is worse.

It wasn't exactly a brave thing to do. Revilla did it while Baracael's back was turned and while he was a decent sprint away. I will reserve judgment as to whether Revilla would have done the same thing to Baracael face-to-face, or even one-on-one.

Now, finally, to address those ridiculous propositions that we are dealing with "different frames" or even questioning the obvious, glaring, factual nature of this incident:

The video of the game shows when this was done. I seriously doubt Studio 23 would have spliced footage just to make Revilla look like he was doing something bad if he wasn't.

Intent? Perception? The intent was obvious. The intent was disgusting.

Perception? I'm a fan of being open-minded, but I don't believe in turning a blind eye to what was obviously unsportsmanlike conduct, or of finding merit in acts like those of Revilla.

So, the kid has learned his lesson? Let's hope so. For his sake, more than ours.

bluewing
09-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Given the personal sentiments and perceptions that have been posted here... they still remained just personal opinions. For all its worth, let's hear them. But have we proven without reasonable doubt that LA's gesture was directed to baracael?

All we have so far are two separate frames - the first showing Baracael in the FT line and the second LA making the gun-toting act. So given the circumstances, are we therefore going to add one to the other and thus make a conclusion based on our perception?

Is that factual?

We are accusing here a person of doing an insensitive act and some have even jumped into their own perceived conclusion on what the whole incident was all about. But is that the real story or the story that we just want to imply to this incident?

What i'm just saying is that i'm not going to judge a person based on my perception. If it is to be proven that LA's act was indeed a taunting act to baracael then whether he's a La Sallian or our Green Archer, I would not condone to such act as it is beyond school color or pride... let's call a spade a spade.

But until such time, i'm not going to judge him for an act that may have been just a perception at all.

It is so easy to put malice on anything especially if you've vested interest and sometimes that's the easiest thing to do. How about giving the benefit of the doubt for a change?

If others still want talk about this and express their sentiments, feel free to do so. It's not that we're taking this issue for granted but we have to move on as we still have games to play.

AMP yan... :-\

glock23
09-17-2008, 12:43 AM
There would be no problem here if some lasallians just admitted the mistake by Revilla. Wala naman issue kung aaminin agad and hindi na mag bigay ng kung ano anong excuses.

He was reprimanded by management already! that alone speaks for itself that something has been done to not have a repeat of that incident! No excuse. *:)

Fried Green Tomato
09-17-2008, 06:04 AM
One missing key in the discussion is an admission in LA's part that his gesture was intended for baracael. All we have seen so far are two uncontested events - Baracael was in the FT line and LA making the gun-toting gesture. But are we 100% sure that it was intended for baracael? Do we know what was running in his mind when he did that act?

Yes, it is quite convenient to point out that since baracael was in the FT line and later LA made a gun-toting gesture then the likely conclusion is that the gesture was directed to baracael... after all, everybody knows that he has been shot before. And i'm very sure that majority would likely think of it as the logical conclusion.

But such conclusion, however popular and logical, is our own personal conclusion. Simply, it is a conclusion derived from what we perceived as the logical conclusion. It maybe the correct conclusion after all once all the facts have been uncovered but until such time, all the views - no matter how similar they maybe to each other - remain opinions.

It is very easy for me to join the bandwagon condemning LA's gesture after all it is the popular perception in this thread but is it the right thing to do?

It is very easy to draw conclusion given the somewhat obvious circumstances based on our perception but I don't easily pass judgment to the intent of a person as i do not know what's in his mind. I always give a human being the benefit of the doubt.

In the same way that i'm not going to pass judgment on what you perceived as the rightful conclusion for the event. You maybe right after all but until I hear an admission on LA's part or another Green Archer player saying that LA's gesture was intended for baracael, i'm not going to make any conclusion.

As to when LA's going to speak out... that I do not know. But hopefully soon to put an end to the discussion.

Eagle_Eyes
09-17-2008, 06:43 AM
^ you're overanalyzing everything. konti na lang, lalagyan na natin ng theological perspective to eh. i just have one simple question - -

can you tell me why revilla was reprimanded by management/school authorities in the first place?

from watching basketball all these years (live and on television), i've seen a lot of bench activity from teams about to win basketball games and i have never heard of a player being reprimanded for expressing his joy and excitement while on the sidelines.

mortalmar
09-17-2008, 07:15 AM
One missing key in the discussion is an admission in LA's part that his gesture was intended for baracael. All we have seen so far are two uncontested events - Baracael was in the FT line and LA making the gun-toting gesture. But are we 100% sure that it was intended for baracael? Do we know what was running in his mind when he did that act?

Yes, it is quite convenient to point out that since baracael was in the FT line and later LA made a gun-toting gesture then the likely conclusion is that the gesture was directed to baracael... after all, everybody knows that he has been shot before. And i'm very sure that majority would likely think of it as the logical conclusion.

But such conclusion, however popular and logical, is our own personal conclusion. Simply, it is a conclusion derived from what we perceived as the logical conclusion. It maybe the correct conclusion after all once all the facts have been uncovered but until such time, all the views - no matter how similar they maybe to each other - remain opinions.

It is very easy for me to join the bandwagon condemning LA's gesture after all it is the popular perception in this thread but is it the right thing to do?

It is very easy to draw conclusion given the somewhat obvious circumstances based on our perception but I don't easily pass judgment to the intent of a person as i do not know what's in his mind. I always give a human being the benefit of the doubt.

In the same way that i'm not going to pass judgment on what you perceived as the rightful conclusion for the event. You maybe right after all but until I hear an admission on LA's part or another Green Archer player saying that LA's gesture was intended for baracael, i'm not going to make any conclusion.

As to when LA's going to speak out... that I do not know. But hopefully soon to put an end to the discussion.

tell that to lasalle management who REPRIMANDED LA.

BANG!

Istorbo
09-17-2008, 07:25 AM
Eto lang...bilog ang bola at buhay.Remember that LA Revilla.

I still remember how the three stooges of DLSU got the embarassment of their lives when FEU kicked their tails 2005.Cabatu fell flat on his face, Joseph Yeo fumbled horribly down the stretch and Arana too.

I watched that game to witness karma at work.

Watch out for karma Mr. Revilla.

LION
09-17-2008, 07:27 AM
18 lang pala si Revilla eh.
Pwede nating sabihin na dala lang nang kakulitan (at kabataan) ang kanyang ginawa.* ;)
Nevertheless, in bad taste pa rin ang "humor" niya.
Insensitive kumbaga.

If this happened to the other players in the UAAP or even in the NCAA, I don't think it will generate this much of a news.
Nagkataon pa na isang La Sallista* ang gumawa.

Knowing people's fetish on anything about La Salle.....* ;)

Now that he was, based on posts above me, been reprimanded by the school officials, I'm sure magtatanda na iyan.
If ginawa niya ulit yun (or something similar), ay ibang usapanna iyun. ;D

If ang reason is "lack of upbringing", it's like saying na sisihin ang eskwelahan na nagpalaki sa kanya.

Hey pabs, papano yan. Maraming eskwelahan si LA. 2 years din siya sa San Beda High. *E nung Red Cub yan maganda naman palaki ni Ato sa kanya at maganda rin naman ang conduct na pinakita ni LA nung nasa poder namin siya. Hindi kukunsintihin ni Ato ang ganyang ugali. Kahit si James Martinez tiklop kay Ato. Hindi niya ginawa noon ang mga ginagawa niya sa UE ngayon. *

Halos lahat ng Red Cubs maganda ang pagpalaki sa kanila. Example na lang diyan sina Taganas, Menor, Marcelo, Tecson, Tirona, * at iba pa e magandang ehemplo ang pinapakita sa loob at labas ng hardcourt. Lahat ang mga yan pinalaking matino ni Ato.

eightyfiver
09-17-2008, 08:30 AM
How old is LA?

If he's a minor, you definitely cannot subject him to public humiliation sir.

Fried Green Tomato
09-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Management simply reminded the players to be extra careful with their demeanor especially that they are facing ateneo in the finals. With all eyes focused on them for the entirety of the series even a simple act might be interpreted as something else by others.

As for LA being reprimanded that did not happen.

Dark Knight
09-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Im confused. In the previous post, i read that LA was reprimanded. Now, you are saying he is not?

Dark Knight
09-17-2008, 09:04 AM
How old is LA?

If he's a minor, you definitely cannot subject him to public humiliation sir.

IMO, issuing a public apology is not a humiliation. In fact, i think its a great act o courage admitting your mistake. That is if LA will ever admit his fault.

Fried Green Tomato
09-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Im confused. In the previous post, i read that LA was reprimanded. Now, you are saying he is not?

The players were just reminded but not to the point of being reprimanded.

razor
09-17-2008, 09:30 AM

So why was LA Revilla reprimanded by DLSU's team management?

coreytaylor
09-17-2008, 09:36 AM

I was referring to the youtube video posted by Ruckus. Does the criticism of the kid have to go that far?

makisawsaw nga ;D

well, try to ask the angry fans of feu dude about the video they made..

Istorbo
09-17-2008, 09:42 AM
FGT, do you really think all of us here were born yesterday? The DLSU players were ridiculing Baracael plain and simple. Too many videos already for you to defend him or refute most accusers here.

This pangungutya, insult and tasteless behavior is what transpires in the DLSU basketball program, whether you admit it or not.Not too many teams do this AS CONSISTENTLY AND AS FREQUENTLY as the DLSU Men's basketball program.Most people lose respect for DLSU because of this poor, tasteless and crass behavior.Malamang the coaching staff and/or management condone this (see Manny Salgado) kaya it trickles down to the soldiers.

From Joseph Yeo, Arana,Cabatu and now to LA Revilla and Rico Maierfhofer, DLSU players under Franz Pumaren just simply misbehave.lack of discipline and yes lack of sportsmanship.

THAT IS THE REASON DLSU IS HATED BY MOST of the UAAP.A lot in your community have grown grown disillusioned and blinded by the success that Franz has given that his wrong doings go unpunished and criticisms against DLSU appear to you as crab mentality or inggit.

That's why the UAAP has a significant dislike for DLSU.That's why you're under the microsope.That's why you're always villified.That's why you got tee'd for the ID.And yes, that's why you got suspended IN 2006.

Case in point, howcome nobody truly owed up to the blame in the Benitez/Gatchalian Pep test scandal? This was actually a criminal case for tampering with public and education documents.How come DLSU tolerated Franz despite this? Wasn't that complicity? How come Salgado is still around players when the UAAP has banned him?

Do any of the other schools misbehave as DLSU does? Have ANY of the schools faced as much controversy as DLSU? If you say it's crab mentality and inggit driving this then it's useless talking to you.

I took time out to express this to you and maybe for a while you can stop being a green archer and look at this like a responsible human being.

coreytaylor
09-17-2008, 09:44 AM
How old is LA?

hay ang mga taga-lasalle fans nga naman..pagmay mali ang player nila, bigla na lang nila idadawit ang admu...tsk tsk! yan talaga defense mechanisms nila...tsk tsk! ::)

Istorbo
09-17-2008, 09:47 AM
FGT, do you really think all of us here were born yesterday? The DLSU players were ridiculing Baracael plain and simple. Too many videos already for you to defend him or refute most accusers here.

This pangungutya, insult and tasteless behavior is what transpires in the DLSU basketball program, whether you admit it or not.Not too many teams do this AS CONSISTENTLY AND AS FREQUENTLY as the DLSU Men's basketball program.Most people lose respect for DLSU because of this poor, tasteless and crass behavior.Malamang the coaching staff and/or management condone this (see Manny Salgado) kaya it trickles down to the soldiers.

From Joseph Yeo, Arana,Cabatu and now to LA Revilla and Rico Maierfhofer, DLSU players under Franz Pumaren just simply misbehave.lack of discipline and yes lack of sportsmanship.

THAT IS THE REASON DLSU IS HATED BY MOST of the UAAP.A lot in your community have grown grown disillusioned and blinded by the success that Franz has given that his wrong doings go unpunished and criticisms against DLSU appear to you as crab mentality or inggit.

That's why the UAAP has a significant dislike for DLSU.That's why you're under the microsope.That's why you're always villified.That's why you got tee'd for the ID.And yes, that's why you got suspended IN 2006.

Case in point, howcome nobody truly owed up to the blame in the Benitez/Gatchalian Pep test scandal? This was actually a criminal case for tampering with public and education documents.How come DLSU tolerated Franz despite this? Wasn't that complicity? How come Salgado is still around players when the UAAP has banned him?

Do any of the other schools misbehave as DLSU does? Have ANY of the schools faced as much controversy as DLSU? If you say it's crab mentality and inggit driving this then it's useless talking to you.

I took time out to express this to you and maybe for a while you can stop being a green archer and look at this like a responsible human being.

Eagle_Eyes
09-17-2008, 09:49 AM
one says reprimanded. the other one says reminded. as far as i know, those are two entirely different things.

so sino yung nagmamarunong lang at in-the-know kuno? *::)

bg_eagle
09-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Mali ginawa ng bata. *Whether or not it was intentional, it was wrong. *But again, bata pa yan. *I'm not too old myself but I can see players of any school (particularly rookies) possibly making such a gesture due to immaturity and stupidity and it shouldn't reflect on the school. *Its how the school disciplines its ranks after such a display that should be judged. *Has any action be taken by DLSU? *I don't know. *Maybe at this point they're too busy practicing and deciding who gets tickets than to mold their own players into what they like to call a Lasallian. *

Now, for that LA Tenorio reference, that's totally irrelevant. *In the first place, just because an Atenean did something that all of us think is unacceptable means that any other player from other team, particularly La Salle should get a pass from doing something as or more despicable. *Besides, didn't you already have that Ilad incident? *Furthermore, LA's actions while despicable in itself did not cause any trauma to a person or a community. *It was also a stupid move but not an insensitive, tactless and offensive move. *

atenean_blooded
09-17-2008, 10:08 AM

This is illogical. The same can be said about what we don't know was running in his mind.

The same thing line of thought as has been brought up by other posters here applies to criminal cases in any court of law--absent any admission by the offender, the court has no way of determining precisely what goes on in the mind of the accused. But that does not stop the courts (or the jury) from finding guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

That's because it is the only logical conclusion. See above.

Again, this is an illogical cop-out. See above.

Yes.

So do courts in criminal cases. See above.

How convenient.

Typical.

pablohoney
09-17-2008, 10:26 AM
@Sir LION: I was replying to jet127's post. He was the first who mentioned that Revilla's act was due to "lack of upbringing". :)

The_Big_Cat
09-17-2008, 10:34 AM
OT:
Yves Dignadice used to do that "el pistolero" (both hands) thing in the PBA during the late 80s for San Miguel Beer under coach Norman Black.

As a christian, LA has a moral obligation to apologize to Mac Baracael. Imagine how Baracael's parents felt after watching that video clip.

LION
09-17-2008, 10:36 AM
@Sir LION: I was replying to jet127's post. He was the first who mentioned that Revilla's act was due to "lack of upbringing".* :)

No problem pablo, Just bragging about our Red Cubs hehehe.

nash_bedista
09-17-2008, 10:38 AM
kung magkakaroon ng Champions League ulit, magtago tago na si Revilla ;D

Wang-Bu
09-17-2008, 10:48 AM
^ Sa pagkakaalam ko Sir Nash pwede naman mag-regional o zonal qualifying ang mga number 3 at number 4 ng UA at NC para makasali sa Sweet 16 ng PCCL.

Entonces, pasok na ang Ateneo at Lasalle at nag-1 and 2 sila. Kung may mapanalunang regional o zonal ang FEU pasok din sila sa PCCL.

Sabi ko nga sa inyo: saya nito na sana magkaharap ang FEU at Lasalle sa kahit anong liga pagkatapaos ng UAAP na naka-lineup pa sina Mac Baracael at LA Revilla.

Sabi nga ng mga dati kong tao sa talyer: "Walang samaan ng loob ha..."

bluegirl
09-17-2008, 10:55 AM
in my opinion ganito kasi yan, depende sa context ng situation ung "bang bang" act na yan. kung hindi kay barracael intended un, then there would have been no controversy over the matter.

BUT, malinaw naman eh. and i don't need to watch the videos over and over to see that the it was indeed intended for barracael. now why is it such an issue? have any of us forgotten that the same guy was shot just recently and almost lost his life? ngayon, di naman siguro kelangang maging henyo ka to put 2 and 2 together. or maybe common sense isn't so common na nga talaga...

walang masama sa pag-amin ng pagkakamali. and i, for one am not condemning him (revilla), but i find his action inexcusable and stupid at the very least. i initially thought that he was reprimanded for what he did, but apparently hindi pala. so does this mean that no one from the dlsu side (at least those in authority) thinks that he should be reprimanded? oo na nga, bata pa compared to other players. but that doesn't excuse him from the consequences of his actions. 18 na yan, meaning adult na. at kahit man mas bata pa, does that mean di na pagsasabihan? wag na kasing gamiting excuse ung age nya eh. ang pagturo sa atin ng tama at mali ay nag-uumpisa sa pagkabata pa lang.

mighty_lion
09-17-2008, 11:32 AM
I dont see the need to sensationalize the issue. Condemn the act and give benefit of doubt on the kid's intention.

Idea lang. The NBA provides Rookie Transition Program to rookies every year. Topics tackled in the seminar includes Finance, Drug and Alcohol Use, Legal Education, Professional and Life Skills, Business of Basketball, Professionalism, Ethics, Character and Personal Responsibility. Why not suggest this type of program to UAAP and NCAA.

http://www.nba.com/news/rtp_030919.html

out of order
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
I dont see the need to sensationalize the issue. Condemn the act and give benefit of doubt on the kid's intention.

Idea lang. The NBA provides Rookie Transition Program to rookies every year. Topics tackled in the seminar includes Finance, Drug and Alcohol Use, Legal Education, Professional and Life Skills, Business of Basketball, Professionalism, Ethics, Character and Personal Responsibility. Why not suggest this type of program to UAAP and NCAA.

http://www.nba.com/news/rtp_030919.html

of course people from the other schools in UAAP will be sensationalizing the issue. oh well, kanya-kanyang bias lang yan. kahit yung kay jawo na slit-throat move for caidic in the PBA many many years ago, na-misunderstand ng mga tao. although ayun maskarapat-dapat na icondemn kc it's obvious.

glock23
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
^ you're overanalyzing everything. konti na lang, lalagyan na natin ng theological perspective to eh. i just have one simple question - -

can you tell me why revilla was reprimanded by management/school authorities in the first place?

from watching basketball all these years (live and on television), i've seen a lot of bench activity from teams about to win basketball games and i have never heard of a player being reprimanded for expressing his joy and excitement while on the sidelines.

because his guardians received messages about what LA, as seen on tv allegedly did. Some one just spoke with him about it. Whatever it was that they talked about is between them. *:)

glock23
09-17-2008, 02:03 PM
one says reprimanded. the other one says reminded. as far as i know, those are two entirely different things.

so sino yung nagmamarunong lang at in-the-know kuno? *::)

His guardians are my personal friends and i was the one who asked them for LA to try out with the team so i should know. Walang kuno dito, ok? Maybe reprimanded was too harsh a word to use but he was definitely spoken to by someone.

Istorbo
09-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Bang bang!

scqg
09-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Bang bang!

reminds me of smoking gunns - billy and bart gunn (wwf). ;D

pio_valenz
09-17-2008, 04:25 PM
How old is LA?

So what works on you Pio? Why are so bothered by what LA did? are you related to mac by any chance? do you know what kind of a person baracael is and the reason why he was shot? What do you want from LA Revilla? he was reprimanded already by the school and im sure he learned from it, mac saw the replay of the game and made nothing out of it but you seem to be having sleepless nights because of that " incident". Give it a rest man!

I dont want anything from LA Revilla, but thanks for asking. I just don't like your bringing up the Tenorio issue which is clearly not connected to this issue. And if its all right with you, I simply do not like what Revilla did. I do not have to explain that, and clearly I'm not alone in feeling that way.

And I also do not need to know the reason Baracael was shot. I don't see your point in bringing this up. The guy was shot and nearly died. Let's see, I know I read somewhere that thats illegal. How many UAAP players do you know have been shot?

And may I ask: so what's the real story? Was Revilla reprimanded or not? FGT says he wasn't. This is important because all your posts have revolved around this fact.

glock23
09-17-2008, 04:28 PM
How old is LA?

I dont want anything from LA Revilla, but thanks for asking. I just don't like your bringing up the Tenorio issue which is clearly not connected to this issue. And if its all right with you, I simply do not like what Revilla did. I do not have to explain that, and clearly I'm not alone in feeling that way.

And I also do not need to know the reason Baracael was shot. I don't see your point in bringing this up. The guy was shot and nearly died. Let's see, I know I read somewhere that thats illegal. How many UAAP players do you know have been shot?

And may I ask: so what's the real story? Was Revilla reprimanded or not? FGT says he wasn't. This is important because all your posts have revolved around this fact.

back read one page bottom post. :)

stonecold316
09-17-2008, 05:43 PM
So much has been said about LA in this and other threads. *Yes, I do agree that what he did is insensitive. *But maybe we could lessen the level of criticism if we try to remember how free-wheeling, carefree, insensitive, crazy, and yes sometimes classless, many of us and our classmates were during our younger years.

Tama. Nag-sorry na ang bata kaya dapat rest na natin ang issue na ito. Besides, lahat ng fans be it sa UAAP, NCAA at ano pa man liga dito sa Pinas may mga moments na nawawala ang pagiging disenteng tao pagdating sa panonood ng mga games. Lahat naman tayo nanduduro or gumagawa ng mga gestures kapag natatalo or nananalo ang ating koponan and LA, as a player, was no exception. Ang importante may natutunan si LA sa nangyari at hindi na niya uuliin ang ginawa niya.

glock23
09-17-2008, 05:51 PM
^thanks a lot stonecold. appreciate it! :)

fionna
09-17-2008, 09:17 PM
ibang LA ang tinutukoy ni stone cold ;D

Istorbo
09-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Kung may Bong Revilla meron din Bang Revilla ;D

A-boy97
09-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Tama. Nag-sorry na ang bata kaya dapat rest na natin ang issue na ito. Besides, lahat ng fans be it sa UAAP, NCAA at ano pa man liga dito sa Pinas may mga moments na nawawala ang pagiging disenteng tao pagdating sa panonood ng mga games. Lahat naman tayo nanduduro or gumagawa ng mga gestures kapag natatalo or nananalo ang ating koponan and LA, as a player, was no exception. Ang importante may natutunan si LA sa nangyari at hindi na niya uuliin ang ginawa niya.

Good post!* Sounds familiar though because this was the same reason I gave when you blatantly generalized some Ateneo fans for being "bastos" in another thread.* Glad to read you're learning! ;)

A-boy97
09-17-2008, 11:13 PM

Bro, let's not resort into cheap shots when we discuss something in open forum.* Maybe it can be tolerated in our house but not in the general discussion threads, particularly the UAAP, mala-PEX yung stye na yan.* Let's show respect.* Maraming magagalit sa mga hirit na ganyan! Peace! :)

on-topic:

What he did was wrong, plain and simple. If he was really reprimanded by La Salle, then it was the right thing to do. If he is "crucified" here, no one can blame the fans. It is their right. As they say, "don't do the crime if can't handle the time".

Schortsanitis
09-18-2008, 12:01 AM
I guess you reap what you sow. If you were ... "insensitive" ... enough to do such a crass act, then expect to be crucified in public for it.

greenblade
09-18-2008, 12:44 AM
bakit ba nabaril si macmac? selling the game? eh ugong ugong nanaman ang paglaglag nya ng laro sa binondo eh..

atenean_blooded
09-18-2008, 01:55 AM
bakit ba nabaril si macmac? selling the game? eh ugong ugong nanaman ang paglaglag nya ng laro sa binondo eh..

Why Baracael was shot is irrelevant to LA Revilla's disgusting, ungentlemanly, uncivilized, ill-bred act.

5FootCarrot
09-18-2008, 04:38 AM
OT na hirit lang po...

Bro, let's not resort into cheap shots when we discuss something in open forum.* Maybe it can be tolerated in our house but not in the general discussion threads, particularly the UAAP, mala-PEX yung stye na yan.* Let's show respect.* Maraming magagalit sa mga hirit na ganyan! Peace! :)

Actually, speaking as the moderator of said "house," I'd also rather not have such remarks there, either. Please take note.

Back now to your regular programming...

Kennedy
09-18-2008, 07:14 AM
he's just a kid for cryin' out loud* ???

napagalitan na yan....

7 pages devoted to this topic

sheesh

danny
09-18-2008, 07:25 AM
he's just a kid for cryin' out loud* ???

napagalitan na yan....

7 pages devoted to this topic

sheesh

Is that the truth?

According to FGT and glock, he was never reprimanded. ???

Dark Knight
09-18-2008, 09:09 AM

Your question should be posted on another thread.

chocoks77
09-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Let us try to do it the other way around. What if it was LA Revilla who was shot point blank twice at the back, rushed to the hospital, almost died, recovered then made a comeback, plays a vital role for DLSU in the final games and on a very crucial game will shoot two FT's...FEU bench is has arms lock for unity then suddenly camera sees Baracael doing a bang bang gesture and making fun of LA Revilla, what will then be the reaction of the DLSU community?hmmm

I guess Eternal Damnation for Baracael???

But then again, it happened the other way around so LA is just childish for an 18year old basketball player who is responsible enough to bring DLSU's name upon him.

Joescoundrel
09-18-2008, 10:15 AM
"Lalahok sa Mindanao zonals ang FEU para makapasok sila sa PCCL Sweet 16", thus declared Mark Molina. Sana makalaban nilang Lasalle sa PCCL, saya nito. ;D

The_Big_Cat
09-18-2008, 10:24 AM
^Kaya pala nagpapalaki ng katawan si Mac sa weights room ayon kay Wang-Bu. ;D

lekiboy
09-18-2008, 10:27 AM
i suggest we close this and move on with the games...everybody made their point already

shyboy
09-18-2008, 10:46 AM
i suggest we close this* and move on with the games...everybody made their point already

Huwag pa muna. Di pa sila tapos. Siguro mga 3 buwan pa pwede na.

salsa caballero
09-18-2008, 11:00 AM
^^ I agree guys. We still have a whole series to play beginning Sunday. Maybe we can declare a ceasefire, at least?

Joescoundrel
09-18-2008, 11:13 AM
^ Ceasefire.

Istorbo
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
"Siya" naman ang may dala ng baril di ba? ;D

bchoter
09-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Ayaw ng tigil putukan? Sige tigil putakan nalang :D

Jump_Shooter
09-18-2008, 01:29 PM
It's funny. The Atenean and La Sallian posters here are declaring a ceasefire when this thread isn't even about Ateneo and La Salle. I'll do you guys one better and do everyone else a big favor by locking this thread. Everyone but Baracael and Revilla has said what they wanted to say anyway.

Locking...