PDA

View Full Version : Blazers' probable line-up for Season 85.

Get_Blazed
09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Grading our squad for next year

Pretty much everything about the squad is clear now. I just learned from Jacob Manlapaz that Chuck Dalanon, was also from FEU together with MC Abolucion and Robbie Manalac. Sabay sila pumasok and nag-serve ng residency last year.

Straight from HS rookies are Christian dela Paz(LSGH) and Alex Wong(CKSC). Solid rookie Dustin Posadas would be lost to graduation. We still have no clue where our other new guys Ardison Martinez, and Karl Stephen Santos are from, nor are they fresh grads or transferees.

So far, we can say that we have 3 established rookies(in Dalanon, Abolucion, and Manalac), and 4 others (dela Paz, Wong, Martinez, and Santos) who are yet to prove themselves to stay in the rotation. Joined by 2nd year players Aaron Umlas and Gelo Montecastro. Add in veterans Illie Johnson, Jacob Manlapaz, and Jeff Morial.

We are expecting at least 3 rookies to join us for next year(given that the no one else goes out besides Archie David, Garri Sevilla, and Posadas), hoping RP Youth member Mark Joel de Guzman would be one of them. Plus, veteran big man Harvey Porras to come back to reinforce our front court.

If everything goes well and as planned, I give the Blazers an improvement from a B this year, to a B+. :)

bossman
09-10-2008, 03:10 PM

Pretty much everything about the squad is clear now. I just learned from Jacob Manlapaz that Chuck Dalanon, was also from FEU together with MC Abolucion and Robbie Manalac. Sabay sila pumasok and nag-serve ng residency last year.

Straight from HS rookies are Christian dela Paz(LSGH) and Alex Wong(CKSC). Solid rookie Dustin Posadas would be lost to graduation. We still have no clue where our other new guys Ardison Martinez, and Karl Stephen Santos are from, nor are they fresh grads or transferees.

So far, we can say that we have 3 established rookies(in Dalanon, Abolucion, and Manalac), and 4 others (dela Paz, Wong, Martinez, and Santos) who are yet to prove themselves to stay in the rotation. Joined by 2nd year players Aaron Umlas and Gelo Montecastro. Add in veterans Illie Johnson, Jacob Manlapaz, and Jeff Morial.

We are expecting at least 3 rookies to join us for next year(given that the no one else goes out besides Archie David, Garri Sevilla, and Posadas), hoping RP Youth member Mark Joel de Guzman would be one of them. Plus, veteran big man Harvey Porras to come back to reinforce our front court.

If everything goes well and as planned, I give the Blazers an improvement from a B this year, to a B+. :)

Johnston and Manlapaz would be also out next year. Count it. They both played in UAAP 1 season the nag residence sila and 3 playing years sa CSB. So they would not be back next season.

Get_Blazed
09-10-2008, 08:22 PM

Johnston and Manlapaz would be also out next year. Count it. They both played in UAAP 1 season the nag residence sila and 3 playing years sa CSB. So they would not be back next season.

Jacob personally told me may 1 year pa daw siya. I dont know about Illie though.

bossman
09-10-2008, 08:34 PM

Jacob personally told me may 1 year pa daw siya. I dont know about Illie though.

Bakit si Sevilla wala na sabay naman sila pumasok CSB?

Get_Blazed
09-10-2008, 08:44 PM

Di kaya sa age? Matagal na rin si Sevilla nung CKSC days palang matagal na rin e.

bossman
09-10-2008, 09:20 PM

Di kaya sa age? Matagal na rin si Sevilla nung CKSC days palang matagal na rin e.

Kaso pareho sila galing UP diba? Pareho din sila na residence db? Pareho din sila nag laro nun 2006, 2007 and 2008 di ba? Panu nangyari yun?

Get_Blazed
09-10-2008, 09:26 PM

Kaso pareho sila galing UP diba? Pareho din sila na residence db? Pareho din sila nag laro nun 2006, 2007 and 2008 di ba? Panu nangyari yun?

Sabay ba sila? That remains unclear. Pero possibly 25 na si Garri?

bossman
09-10-2008, 09:28 PM

24 lang yun Sevilla. Inabot ko pa naman yun mga yan nun 2005.

Get_Blazed
09-10-2008, 09:31 PM

24 lang yun Sevilla. Inabot ko pa naman yun mga yan nun 2005.

Aw. Ewan ko lang.

bossman
09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Is it true na yun team B ng CSB talo pa din daw sa TIP sa FMC II? Panu na next season? Sila pa naman mga players for next year..

Regular Grey
09-16-2008, 12:55 AM
For Bossman:

September 13 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Technological Institute of the Philippines d. College of Saint Benilde, 71-53

Almost 20 points. Di kaya naman dahil homecourt advantage?

bossman
09-16-2008, 12:24 PM
For Bossman:

September 13 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Technological Institute of the Philippines d. College of Saint Benilde, 71-53

Almost 20 points. Di kaya naman dahil homecourt advantage?

Almost 20 pa? Alam ko lang na tumatalo na school sa CSB before outside ng NCAA and UAAP is St. Francis During the time of the de Ocampo brothers. Gosh! I'm with CSB before and we are not demolished like that by schools outside NCAA and UAAP. Matatanggap ko pa kung team A or team B ng DLSU, UE, San Beda or Baste.

bossman
09-20-2008, 01:26 PM
May potential recruits na ba CSB? Mga team insiders, wala pa ba kayo scoop?

Get_Blazed
09-21-2008, 08:49 PM
May potential recruits na ba CSB? Mga team insiders, wala pa ba kayo scoop?

Sino ba insiders dito? Haha tinatanong tanong ko lang si Jacob Manlapaz kaya ko nalalaman mga yan eh.

bossman
09-21-2008, 09:32 PM
May list ba kayo ng names ng mga Team B ng CSB? Thanks..

AltarBoy^_^
09-23-2008, 12:27 AM
I heard that the RP Seaba Youth Team will remain intact until the next tourney. Looks like hindi natin mapapakinabangan si Mark De Guzman, maybe after he turns 20? :-\

Nevertheless, we need to bulk up on talent, even if it means we have to get former team b players for other teams. Dapat team name na natin Vultures dahil puro tira-tira ng ibang teams ang nakukuha natin. :P

Get_Blazed
09-23-2008, 11:46 AM
I heard that the RP Seaba Youth Team will remain intact until the next tourney. Looks like hindi natin mapapakinabangan si Mark De Guzman, maybe after he turns 20?* :-\

Nevertheless, we need to bulk up on talent, even if it means we have to get former team b players for other teams. Dapat team name na natin Vultures dahil puro tira-tira ng ibang teams ang nakukuha natin.* :P

Ouch. Confirmed na ba to? :-\

bigfreeze_bibby
09-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Alam ko iba ang scheduling ng SEABA which means may possibility na maglaro si De Guzman for CSB next season.

Get_Blazed
09-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Alam ko iba ang scheduling ng SEABA which means may possibility na maglaro si De Guzman for CSB next season.

We'll never know unless he starts practicing with the squad and dons a Blazer jersey in mid-june next year. :-\

The_Big_Cat
09-23-2008, 01:07 PM
I heard that the RP Seaba Youth Team will remain intact until the next tourney. Looks like hindi natin mapapakinabangan si Mark De Guzman, maybe after he turns 20?* :-\

Nevertheless, we need to bulk up on talent, even if it means we have to get former team b players for other teams. Dapat team name na natin Vultures dahil puro tira-tira ng ibang teams ang nakukuha natin.* :P

The SEABA Youth championships are always held during the summer of the southeast asian countries.
IIRC, the last SEABA Youth was between April and May.

bossman
09-23-2008, 01:26 PM
I heard that the RP Seaba Youth Team will remain intact until the next tourney. Looks like hindi natin mapapakinabangan si Mark De Guzman, maybe after he turns 20? :-\

Nevertheless, we need to bulk up on talent, even if it means we have to get former team b players for other teams. Dapat team name na natin Vultures dahil puro tira-tira ng ibang teams ang nakukuha natin. :P

Mukha ng tira tira nalang makukuha natin. Kasi di na tayo first choice ng mga athletes unlike before. We need to shape up and bulk up kung gusto natin bumalik sa winners circle.

AltarBoy^_^
09-24-2008, 12:57 AM
Well we need a big backer like what San Beda, Ateneo, and Lasalle has, a good recruitment program and the prestige that goes with it. ;D

Get_Blazed
09-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Well we need a big backer like what San Beda, Ateneo, and Lasalle has, a good recruitment program and the prestige that goes with it. ;D

In the meantime, let us continue putting up puzzle pieces to complete the team that can challenge stronger teams in the league. We should get what we could and utilize them well.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Well we need a big backer like what San Beda, Ateneo, and Lasalle has, a good recruitment program and the prestige that goes with it.* ;D

Pare, nagawa na before yan during Sunday's time na almost lahat ng players ng CSB magagaling talaga. Kailangan lang ulitin yung process na yun kung paano siya nagawa.

bossman
09-24-2008, 12:54 PM

Pare, nagawa na before yan during Sunday's time na almost lahat ng players ng CSB magagaling talaga. Kailangan lang ulitin yung process na yun kung paano siya nagawa.

Yeah! It happened in a time na low budget yun CSB. Yet they were able to get the best players. One thing that stands out is that they did not get recruit from the mainstream talent. They got guys unheralded but they were able to bring championship. We cannot follow the recruitment programs of those teams. One, their juniors players aspire to play for them. Not in CSB's case. Next is the funding. What can we give the blue chip rookies in return for playing for CSB. Third is the will to find good players. If you are not looking for other options you won't have any.

AltarBoy^_^
09-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Actually timing ang nangyari nung 2000. Bong Go scouted Sunday, and Dong got some UST Team B players. I just hope Coach Gie is scouting players from the high school ranks. Para hindi sayang ang pagod niya sa pag-employ ng bagong sistema at pagbuo ng isang cohesive team. ;D

bossman
09-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Actually timing ang nangyari nung 2000. Bong Go scouted Sunday, and Dong got some UST Team B players. I just hope Coach Gie is scouting players from the high school ranks. Para hindi sayang ang pagod niya sa pag-employ ng bagong sistema at pagbuo ng isang cohesive team. ;D

It was a really good timing. Also a big help coming from different people from behind the scenes din.

Get_Blazed
09-26-2008, 03:00 PM
WHAT IF..

We hire the LSGH coach(pls remind me of his name again) as one of our assistant coaches?? That way, we get a strong tie between them and us. Madaling ligawan ang players nya pag ganun. In more ways than one. Diba?

Read: Coach Jamike of the Ateneo Blue Eaglets as one of ADMU's assistant to Norman Black.

bossman
09-26-2008, 03:44 PM
WHAT IF..

We hire the LSGH coach(pls remind me of his name again) as one of our assistant coaches?? That way, we get a strong tie between them and us. Madaling ligawan ang players nya pag ganun. In more ways than one. Diba?

Read: Coach Jamike of the Ateneo Blue Eaglets as one of ADMU's assistant to Norman Black.

It has been attempted before. We even go out with the coaches of LSGH. But you have to keep in mind that the head coaches want a pool of assistants that jive in his system. It's very hard to work if you are not in one system. There are a lot of factors affecting in hiring assistants. But it does not hurt if they try to get Hubert delos Santos as an assistant in CSB.

bossman
09-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Talo pala CSB Team B with FEU. 76-48.

Get_Blazed
09-27-2008, 08:24 PM
It has been attempted before. We even go out with the coaches of LSGH. But you have to keep in mind that the head coaches want a pool of assistants that jive in his system. It's very hard to work if you are not in one system. There are a lot of factors affecting in hiring assistants. But it does not hurt if they try to get Hubert delos Santos as an assistant in CSB.

Let me just discuss the benefits of possibly getting Coach Hubert to join our squad's coaching team.

1. We can woo graduating LSGH players to go to Benilde more easily.
2. In reference to number 1, we can already assure the LSGH players of designed plays to include them in our line-ups if they do join us.
3. Better scouting in the Juniors. Connections.

Get_Blazed
09-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Here is a short list from the SDO of some of our 1st-2nd year Basketball players(Team B):
RJ Edward Argamino (former FEU-FERN Baby Tamaraw)
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Terence Danielle Lam (from CKSC)
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Kris Lance Sikat (former SSC-R Staglet)
Jan Earvin Tan (transferee from FEU)
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

These are the possible future Blazers(maybe even join the line-up for Season 85). Any notable/familiar names?
Did my research, and found the schools of some of the players noted above. Any feedback on them?

bossman
09-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Here is a short list from the SDO of some of our 1st-2nd year Basketball players(Team B):
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

These are the possible future Blazers(maybe even join the line-up for Season 85). Any notable/familiar names?
Did my research, and found the schools of some of the players noted above. Any feedback on them?

Follosco. Former LSGH and DLSZ stand out. Sayang yan naburo lang sa team B dapat way back pa line up na yan kay Coach Dong pa. The pool is very shallow. How can you dig deep pag talagang kailangan ng player? There must be some massive movement in order to improve this.

bossman
09-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

Follosco. Magaling na point guard yan. Former LSGH and DLSZ stand out. Sayang yan naburo lang sa team B dapat way back pa line up na yan kay Coach Dong at kay Caloy din ata. The pool is very shallow. Before during the time of Paolo Orbeta and Co. The team B was around 20-22 players. They are not just team B players. They are potential NCAA players. Para pag kailangan ng player, sure na may aasahan. How can you dig deep pag talagang kailangan ng player with this many players? There must be some massive movement in order to improve this.

King_stag
09-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

Defensively this kid is a good pick and roll defender, one step ahead lagi and he plays good D hindi masyado sumusundot.

Get_Blazed
09-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

Defensively this kid is a good pick and roll defender, one step ahead lagi and he plays good D hindi masyado sumusundot.

Ano position? And ano po role nya sa Champion team? When did he last play for the Staglets?

King_stag
09-29-2008, 06:34 PM
He played alongside Del Rio, zulueta, bringas brothers, etc. He plays sf/pf, his role that time is to stop opposing big men. Usually plays off the bench, not much of a scorer pero they say he has good potential because of his speed. His career high as a staglet is 8 points.

bossman
09-29-2008, 09:23 PM
LaCo Pala tinatalo na pati CSB Team B??? Kelan pa? heww.. nun sunday talo CSB sa LaCO, which I never imagined to happen.

Get_Blazed
09-30-2008, 10:22 AM
He played alongside Del Rio, zulueta, bringas brothers, etc. He plays sf/pf, his role that time is to stop opposing big men. Usually plays off the bench, not much of a scorer pero they say he has good potential because of his speed. His career high as a staglet is 8 points.

Does not sound like he's a stand-out at all. :-\

izon
10-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

Sana hindi naman "rejects" ang mga ito ng ibang teams.

tamarawz_14
10-01-2008, 10:27 PM
i guess some of them rejects yata.. or walang ng place sa former team nila..

AltarBoy^_^
10-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I guess underdogs pa rin tayo next season. Ok lang yan, we will built ourselves from scratch and try to reclaim the crown soon! ;D

bossman
10-01-2008, 10:37 PM
I guess underdogs pa rin tayo next season. Ok lang yan, we will built ourselves from scratch and try to reclaim the crown soon!* ;D

Mukha nga underdogs na matindi tayo next season. But I think CSB should be moving quickly para naman magkarun ng isang decent finish. Matagal na kasi wala winning season. 2002 pa yun last time nag final four. Since 2003 downward direction in terms of basketball ang CSB. Ang laki pa naman ng impact nito na unquantifiable.

Get_Blazed
10-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

Sana hindi naman "rejects" ang mga ito ng ibang teams.

Pano mo masasabing rejects ang isang player? Hindi ganun ka deep ang B team namin, pero madami din dito ang galing straight from HS, which is good for long term development as opposed to those who are transferees that must serve recidencies.

AltarBoy^_^
10-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Wow, galing HS yung iba? Tama yan develop na lang sila muna! ;D

Get_Blazed
10-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Wow, galing HS yung iba? Tama yan develop na lang sila muna! ;D

3 ang confirmed na galing HS. 1 from Baste, 1 from FEU-FERN, and 1 from Chiang Kai Shek. Yung iba wala tayong traces kung san galing. :)

Get_Blazed
10-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

Follosco. Former LSGH and DLSZ stand out. Sayang yan naburo lang sa team B dapat way back pa line up na yan kay Coach Dong pa. The pool is very shallow. How can you dig deep pag talagang kailangan ng player? There must be some massive movement in order to improve this.

Just know that most team B members of CSB are HS graduates having a hard time adjusting to the transition, since most team B members have been elevated last year(Dalanon, Abolucion, Manalac).

bossman
10-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

Just know that most team B members of CSB are HS graduates having a hard time adjusting to the transition, since most team B members have been elevated last year(Dalanon, Abolucion, Manalac).

Well, its not an excuse kung galing sila HS. Why can other teams get good HS graduates that are not even known in the mainstream. Kasi CSB is trying to get players who are well known in the mainstream but they are not capable naman. Why don't they just concentrate on the players who are not well known. Its just a matter of adjusting the recruitment system. If CSB wants to get players who are hyped in HS, they will just end up with rejects and transferees. They have to level up their recruitment program to get good players who are not scouted.

For instances, how did we get Jeff Morial from CSJL? It was just a help of a very concerned professor. How did we acquire Robles from Davao? It was just help from a former assistant coach. If CSB works out its connection, it might help them a bit to get better players.

Get_Blazed
10-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

Well, its not an excuse kung galing sila HS. Why can other teams get good HS graduates that are not even known in the mainstream. Kasi CSB is trying to get players who are well known in the mainstream but they are not capable naman. Why don't they just concentrate on the players who are not well known. Its just a matter of adjusting the recruitment system. If CSB wants to get players who are hyped in HS, they will just end up with rejects and transferees. They have to level up their recruitment program to get good players who are not scouted.s.

How'd you know?

bossman
10-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

Well, its not an excuse kung galing sila HS. Why can other teams get good HS graduates that are not even known in the mainstream. Kasi CSB is trying to get players who are well known in the mainstream but they are not capable naman. Why don't they just concentrate on the players who are not well known. Its just a matter of adjusting the recruitment system. If CSB wants to get players who are hyped in HS, they will just end up with rejects and transferees. They have to level up their recruitment program to get good players who are not scouted.s.

How'd you know?

We got inside information and we have a network with the former Blazers. We are just very critical of the CSB program because if no one criticizes them, no one else will.

izon
10-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

How'd you know?

We got inside information and we have a network with the former Blazers. We are just very critical of the CSB program because if no one criticizes them, no one else will.

Well, good luck sa yo. Hope they do not call you un La Sallian.

bossman
10-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

How'd you know?

Well,* good luck sa yo.* Hope they do not call you un La Sallian.

Call me whatever they want and I won't give damn about it. Why? They just wanna hear good comments? It's just I'm concerned for the team. You can really judge what is their situation. You just have to make them to do better. If you can push them to be their best, the better. Why? No one else cares for them. You can see in other basketball programs, the most critical persons are the ones who want to improve the program. We just want to see the program better.

izon
10-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

How'd you know?

Well,* good luck sa yo.* Hope they do not call you un La Sallian.

Call me whatever they want and I won't give damn about it. Why? They just wanna hear good comments? It's just I'm concerned for the team. You can really judge what is their situation. You just have to make them to do better. If you can push them to be their best, the better. Why? No one else cares for them. You can see in other basketball programs, the most critical persons are the ones who want to improve the program. We just want to see the program better.

I guess, Benilde situation is just like UP'S.

AltarBoy^_^
10-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I have theories as to why the recruitment sucks.

Based on bossman's own criticism of the program, the school is conveniently playing "hard-to-get" just to attract "known" skilled players in the HS ranks but would rather entice them at the end when everyone else made their offers to these kids. And they would rather let the "less skilled" ones try out and lure the "skilled ones" if their stay in other schools do not prosper. Passive approach.

Second is that the basketball recruitment program is not a "priority" because of the "wholistic" approach. As they say, "luluhod ako sayo kung mag-milagro ka" is the philosophy of the SDO and the CSB administration when it comes to supporting the basketball teams. I base this theory on my own CSB Pep Squad who were never student athletes when they won their first cheering competition. The perks and incentives happened after the squad won titles for the school. I think they are using the same approach with the basketball team and to the rest of the teams in other sports. Passive approach again.

And I don't think funding is a question but it is the school's "sigurista" and "passive" approach that bothers me. Maybe they are trying something old and something new in the recruitment process? One thing is for sure, we are still in limbo. ???

izon
10-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I have theories as to why the recruitment sucks.

Based on bossman's own criticism of the program, the school is conveniently playing "hard-to-get" just to attract "known" skilled players in the HS ranks but would rather entice them at the end when everyone else made their offers to these kids. And they would rather let the "less skilled" ones try out and lure the "skilled ones" if their stay in other schools do not prosper. Passive approach.

Second is that the basketball recruitment program is not a "priority" because of the "wholistic" approach. As they say, "luluhod ako sayo kung mag-milagro ka" is the philosophy of the SDO and the CSB administration when it comes to supporting the basketball teams. I base this theory on my own CSB Pep Squad who were never student athletes when they won their first cheering competition. The perks and incentives happened after the squad won titles for the school. I think they are using the same approach with the basketball team and to the rest of the teams in other sports. Passive approach again.

And I don't think funding is a question but it is the school's "sigurista" and "passive" approach that bothers me. Maybe they are trying something old and something new in the recruitment process? One thing is for sure, we are still in limbo.* ???

Well, this passive approach isn't working and definitely "walang milagro". "Priority" of the Benildeans will be to cheer the DLSU Green Archers. Sabagay, magaganda naman ang Green Peppers.

Get_Blazed
10-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Its good that Coach Gee had set his mind straight and decided he would only want to field in an all-filipino team, but now that Ekwe departs SBC, another big man (allegedly an American), we are definitely behind in the race to score bigs. We are the weakest team in terms of front-line match-ups and we could only hope to get Harvey Porras to return and get another legit big man to back him up. Else all those rebounds and second-chance points are nowhere to be found for us. :-X

Get_Blazed
10-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Tim McCoy of PCU would be a great addition to our front line. Averaging a decent 5.4 Rebounds a game, and has a good effeciency rating. If we get him now, he can still play for us for 2 more years(excluding the 1 year for recidency). But I dont think there are any talks and player movement for us this off-season..

AltarBoy^_^
10-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Its good that Coach Gee had set his mind straight and decided he would only want to field in an all-filipino team, but now that Ekwe departs SBC, another big man (allegedly an American), we are definitely behind in the race to score bigs. We are the weakest team in terms of front-line match-ups and we could only hope to get Harvey Porras to return and get another legit big man to back him up. Else all those rebounds and second-chance points are nowhere to be found for us. :-X

I am still optimistic that Coach Gee can recruit decent players to beef up the frontline and develop centers for the Blazers. I'm hoping things will turn around for us come next season. ;D

bossman
10-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I think Coach Gee can run a team definitely. He has coached in every level. From High School to College and even in the pros. He knows his basketball. Its just that he doesn't have the right materials. Taking over a team that came from losing seasons, its hard to pick up the pieces. He has just have to find the right mix of players to be able to be competitive come Season 85

razor
10-08-2008, 09:02 AM
^ Is Abanilla still an assistant coach at Red Bull?
l

LION
10-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I think Abanilla is also a head coach now in the PBL.

To our CSB brothers, note that it was not the SBC school administrators who were responsible for the recruitment of the players who made the grandslam a reality. The persons mainly responsible were the Bedan alumni who got tired of losing. Are you guys going to wait for your own 28 years of drought? Don't rely on your school officials. Your alumni should play the biggest role.* May pera naman kayo e.

Kung ayaw niyo gumalaw taon taon dadalaw sa amin ang mga green peppers, sige kayo. :P

razor
10-08-2008, 09:53 AM

Busy Gee.

So he's Head Coach of CSB, Head Coach of a PBL team plus Assistant Coach at Red Bull. Heck, he may even be appointed interim head coach of Red Bull since Yeng Guiao has been appinted the National Team coach.

For your sake, I hope he can still find time to recruit and develop the players you badly need.* ;)

bossman
10-08-2008, 10:34 AM
^ Is Abanilla still an assistant coach at Red Bull?
l

Yup assistant pa din and Coach Guiao is bringing Coach Gee with him in the next Team Pilipinas

izon
10-08-2008, 10:45 AM

To our CSB brothers, note that it was not the SBC school administrators who were responsible for the recruitment of the players who made the grandslam a reality. The persons mainly responsible were the Bedan alumni who got tired of losing. Are you guys going to wait for your own 28 years of drought? Don't rely on your school officials. Your alumni should play the biggest role.* May pera naman kayo e.

Kung ayaw niyo gumalaw taon taon dadalaw sa amin ang mga green peppers, sige kayo.* :P*

Kung hindi mag babago, mga 35 years pa yan. Minsan naiisip ko pang umalis na lang ang Benilde sa NCAA, para makuha naming mga taga DLSU ang mga magaganda, mababangong, at makikinis na Green Peppers ! After all, ONE LA SALLE naman kami. Love your own. HE HE HE

The_Big_Cat
10-08-2008, 12:49 PM

Kung ayaw niyo gumalaw taon taon dadalaw sa amin ang mga green peppers, sige kayo.* :P*

By that time, may apo na si Get_Blazed. ;D

AltarBoy^_^
10-08-2008, 03:26 PM

Unfortunately, our alumni (including myself) are not as well entrenched in the business and government sectors as your school. So the support will definitely come by the next decade or more. When most of the alumni have something to give back to the school. We can only rely on funding from the school and mostly criticize an obvious flaw in the recruitment process. I'm hoping they listen to Benildeans who care. ;)

At hindi nako magtataka kung may mga green peppers na dumadalaw sa SBC, panahon pa ni Say Alonzo eh marami nang kaibigan mga cheerleaders namin from all schools, mapa-cheerleader man o basketball player. Huwag lang masyadong lumaki ulo niyo, friendly lang talaga kami at hindi pala-away. ;D

LION
10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
At hindi nako magtataka kung may mga green peppers na dumadalaw sa SBC, panahon pa ni Say Alonzo eh marami nang kaibigan mga cheerleaders namin from all schools, mapa-cheerleader man o basketball player. Huwag lang masyadong lumaki ulo niyo, friendly lang talaga kami at hindi pala-away.* ;D

Don't worry di naman lumalaki ulo namin. Friendly din lang kami lalo na sa mga green peppers. Make love, not war. :)

Get_Blazed
10-08-2008, 05:13 PM

To our CSB brothers, note that it was not the SBC school administrators who were responsible for the recruitment of the players who made the grandslam a reality. The persons mainly responsible were the Bedan alumni who got tired of losing. Are you guys going to wait for your own 28 years of drought? Don't rely on your school officials. Your alumni should play the biggest role. May pera naman kayo e.

Kung ayaw niyo gumalaw taon taon dadalaw sa amin ang mga green peppers, sige kayo. :P

Kung hindi mag babago, mga 35 years pa yan. Minsan naiisip ko pang umalis na lang ang Benilde sa NCAA, para makuha naming mga taga DLSU ang mga magaganda, mababangong, at makikinis na Green Peppers ! After all, ONE LA SALLE naman kami. Love your own. HE HE HE

::)

Get_Blazed
10-08-2008, 05:16 PM

To our CSB brothers, note that it was not the SBC school administrators who were responsible for the recruitment of the players who made the grandslam a reality. The persons mainly responsible were the Bedan alumni who got tired of losing. Are you guys going to wait for your own 28 years of drought? Don't rely on your school officials. Your alumni should play the biggest role. May pera naman kayo e.

By that time, may apo na si Get_Blazed. ;D

Di pa naman, 10 years counting palang naman drought namin, so after 18 more years, may anak palang ako sa elemtary/high school.

..at siguro tumutulong na sa pag-fund ng aking minamahal na alma mater. ;)

izon
10-13-2008, 10:57 AM

By that time, may apo na si Get_Blazed.* ;D

Di pa naman, 10 years counting palang naman drought namin, so after 18 more years, may anak palang ako sa elemtary/high school.

..at siguro tumutulong na sa pag-fund ng aking minamahal na alma mater. ;)

Benilde Basketball Team the "NU" of the NCAA league.

Regular Grey
10-13-2008, 04:17 PM
[..at siguro tumutulong na sa pag-fund ng aking minamahal na alma mater. ;)

Benilde Basketball Team* the "NU"* of the NCAA league.

Si Henry Sy na rin ang benefactor ninyo?

AltarBoy^_^
10-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Si Angelo King pa lang ang benefactor namin. ;D

The_Big_Cat
10-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Si Angelo King pa lang ang benefactor namin.* ;D

OT:
Angelo King pirated my dad away from the Bank of PI to run his firm's finances in the late 60s.
Mabait yan.

AltarBoy^_^
10-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Mabait talaga yan, our HRIM graduates wouldn't be the best in their field if not for the building and facilities that he gave the school. ;)

bossman
10-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Ang pinaka maganda sa natin maging sponsor is si Dr. Mikee Romero. We know him as a Lasallian kaso dami na managers dun. If Dr. Mikee Romero comes to CSB, it would be the day na babalik ang CSB Basketball sa limelight. Knowing how he handles his basketball teams, whether its in PBL or the RP teams, he makes sure that they are winners! Or kung gusto naman na mabalik yun good vibes, Mercury Freight nalang ulit. Parang nun winning seasons lang!

izon
10-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Ang pinaka maganda sa natin maging sponsor is si Dr. Mikee Romero. We know him as a Lasallian kaso dami na managers dun. If Dr. Mikee Romero comes to CSB, it would be the day na babalik ang CSB Basketball sa limelight. Knowing how he handles his basketball teams, whether its in PBL or the RP teams, he makes sure that they are winners! Or kung gusto naman na mabalik yun good vibes, Mercury Freight nalang ulit. Parang nun winning seasons lang!

Sana nga. Sana yong ibang DLSU benefactors tulungan naman ang Benilde.

Get_Blazed
10-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Mabait talaga yan, our HRIM graduates wouldn't be the best in their field if not for the building and facilities that he gave the school. ;)

But naluma narin lahat ng unang nailagay sa AKIC. Ngayon, reportedly around 80M ang ginagastos for the whole renovation of AKIC. ;)

Get_Blazed
10-14-2008, 09:29 PM

Sana nga. Sana yong ibang DLSU benefactors tulungan naman ang Benilde.

Wag na tayong umasa sa DLSU alumni financers. They would never give us priority anyway.

bossman
10-14-2008, 11:20 PM

Sana nga.* Sana yong ibang DLSU benefactors tulungan naman ang Benilde.*

Wag na tayong umasa sa DLSU alumni financers. They would never give us priority anyway.

Dati naman may nag offer. Yun Dad ni Rafa Dinglasan. Gusto nya mag sponsor sa Team B ng CSB. Para sana sa development program. Alam nyo sino umayaw? Si Coach Tonichi.

Regular Grey
10-15-2008, 04:57 AM
Anong reason ni Yturri para tumanggi?

bossman
10-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Anong reason ni Yturri para tumanggi?

Ayaw nya na kasi may dala sya malaki sponsor that time. Si LBC Batangas.

izon
10-15-2008, 09:41 AM

Sana nga.* Sana yong ibang DLSU benefactors tulungan naman ang Benilde.*

Dati naman may nag offer. Yun Dad ni Rafa Dinglasan. Gusto nya mag sponsor sa Team B ng CSB. Para sana sa development program. Alam nyo sino umayaw? Si Coach Tonichi.

Bakit ? *Kaya pala hindi umasenso ang Men's Basketball Team ng Benilde dahil kagagawan ng nagpapatakbo nito. Anyway, "wholistic approach" daw. *Eh me nanonood ba sa ibang sports ng Benilde ? *Mas sikat pa ang Green Peppers.

Get_Blazed
10-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Anyway, "wholistic approach" daw. *Eh me nanonood ba sa ibang sports ng Benilde ? *Mas sikat pa ang Green Peppers.

As far as I know, this is not a popularity contest. As far as we keep winning in almost every sport out there, we're winners. We are the overall champion of the NCAA for the past 3 years running(counting the year PCU should have been stripped because of their falsification of documents). That's 2 General Championships in 3 years. and the top contender again for these year.

And as far as I know, may sumusuporta naman sa ibang student athletes namin. Wag nyong sabihin napupuno nyo din stands sa ibang sports? ::)

izon
10-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Anyway, "wholistic approach" daw. *Eh me nanonood ba sa ibang sports ng Benilde ? *Mas sikat pa ang Green Peppers.

As far as I know, this is not a popularity contest. As far as we keep winning in almost every sport out there, we're winners. We are the overall champion of the NCAA for the past 3 years running(counting the year PCU should have been stripped because of their falsification of documents). That's 2 General Championships in 3 years. and the top contender again for these year.

And as far as I know, may sumusuporta naman sa ibang student athletes namin. Wag nyong sabihin napupuno nyo din stands sa ibang sports? ::)

Well and good. You have been almost winning at other sports. Hindi nga kami nakakapuno sa ibang sports pero sa basketball puno lalo sa finals. Masakit mang sabihin ito, pero sa lahat ng sports nyo konti lang ang nanonood.

bossman
10-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Let's just accept the fact basketball lang ang alam panuorin ng mga NCAA students na sports. Now, kahit anu pa mangyari na manalo sa ibang sports, it doesn't matter. That's why you see big schools concentrating on it basketball program secondary na lahat. We have to take it as a fact the basketball is the sport for all. Kaya winning in basketball is everything. It helps popularize ng school, it makes a big impact in enrollment and of course everybody wants to be with the winners.

AltarBoy^_^
10-16-2008, 04:29 AM

Well and good.* You have been almost winning at other sports.* Hindi nga kami nakakapuno sa ibang sports pero sa basketball puno lalo sa finals. Masakit mang sabihin ito, pero sa lahat ng sports nyo konti lang ang nanonood.

Konti pa lang nanunuod dahil bago lang kami na college at bago lang kami sa liga. You can't just pull in alumni and students overnight since we don't have enough years of excellence in basketball compared to dynasty schools like the older champs Letran, San Sebastian, Mapua, or even San Beda. Is it fair to compare CSB's basketball attendance sheet to your school? Certainly not. But we do try our best to bring in the numbers, and we did just that back in 2000. So don't underestimate us when the time comes that we do reach the finals. We will be there, and in greater numbers. ;)

izon
10-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Let's just accept the fact basketball lang ang alam panuorin ng mga NCAA students na sports. Now, kahit anu pa mangyari na manalo sa ibang sports, it doesn't matter. That's why you see big schools concentrating on it basketball program secondary na lahat. We have to take it as a fact the basketball is the sport for all. Kaya winning in basketball is everything. It helps popularize ng school, it makes a big impact in enrollment and of course everybody wants to be with the winners.

I agree with you, bossman. I understand your pain. My point is, if Benilde can win in other sports NOW, why not in basketball?
It has always been harped that Benilde needs a basketball Godfather, let me put it this way, has JRU have a basketball godfather? I do not think so. How come they have become the runner up in this year's NCAA season? I do not expect Benilde to win the championship on the very near future. But at least I want other teams to RESPECT Benilde when it comes to basketball. Final four in the immediate future for the Benilde would be enough for me.

AltarBoy^_^
10-16-2008, 11:08 AM

I agree with you, bossman.* I understand your pain.* My point is, if Benilde can win in other sports NOW, why not in basketball?
It has always been harped that Benilde needs a basketball Godfather, let me put it this way,* has JRU have a basketball godfather?* I do not think so. How come they have become the runner up in this year's NCAA season?* I do not expect Benilde to win the championship on the very near future.* But at least I want other teams to RESPECT Benilde when it comes to basketball. Final four in the immediate future for the Benilde would be enough for me.

That respect will have to be earned by the team itself. Undoubtably, we are in need of a better recruitment program and additional support from future boosters to the team. Basketball is just one sport, it might be the most popular sport but it's not the school's philosophy right now. When I use to visit Lasalle, I pass by a lot of General Championship trophies held by DLSC back then in the NCAA. I guess the tradition of excellence in sports really extended beyond basketball. I guess that is the school's aim, to maintain a Lasallian tradition and to provide opportunities not just for student-athletes in basketball. ;D

JRU without a Godfather? Foreign players recruited and a nutritionist/fitness trainor helping them get in shape? I doubt it. Either they have one or they just tripled their increase in tuition after turning into a university. :-\

LION
10-16-2008, 11:27 AM
OT: JRU has just chosen to use the NCAA as its medium to get respect and recognition.

Thus, it has earmarked a sizable sum for its basketball program. If you saw its Team B in the ongoing FMC, you'd realize it's not just about Etame Joe. Andaming malalaki sa Team B nila.

JRU has no godfather in the sense that they have no MVP or boostes/alumni who provide support. But their biggest godfather is the school president, Dr. Fabella. Sinong school president na ba ang pumayag na maglagay ng facepaint sa mukha in a championship series?

AltarBoy^_^
10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
OT:* JRU has just chosen to use the NCAA as its medium to get respect and recognition.

Thus, it has earmarked a sizable sum for its basketball program. If you saw its Team B in the ongoing FMC, you'd realize it's not just about Etame Joe. Andaming malalaki sa Team B nila.

JRU has no godfather in the sense that they have no MVP or boostes/alumni who provide support. But their biggest godfather is the school president, Dr. Fabella. Sinong school president na ba ang pumayag na maglagay ng facepaint sa mukha in a championship series?

I guess Dr. Fabella was the right man to boost the Bombers basketball program. Our president on the other hand has a different approach. The limited budget on the MBT has taken its toll on our standings but we'll survive. ;)

izon
10-16-2008, 04:18 PM

I agree with you, bossman.* I understand your pain.* My point is, if Benilde can win in other sports NOW, why not in basketball?
It has always been harped that Benilde needs a basketball Godfather, let me put it this way,* has JRU have a basketball godfather?* I do not think so. How come they have become the runner up in this year's NCAA season?* I do not expect Benilde to win the championship on the very near future.* But at least I want other teams to RESPECT Benilde when it comes to basketball. Final four in the immediate future for the Benilde would be enough for me.

That respect will have to be earned by the team itself. Undoubtably, we are in need of a better recruitment program and additional support from future boosters to the team. Basketball is just one sport, it might be the most popular sport but it's not the school's philosophy right now. When I use to visit Lasalle, I pass by a lot of General Championship trophies held by DLSC back then in the NCAA. I guess the tradition of excellence in sports really extended beyond basketball. I guess that is the school's aim, to maintain a Lasallian tradition and to provide opportunities not just for student-athletes in basketball.* ;D

JRU without a Godfather? Foreign players recruited and a nutritionist/fitness trainor helping them get in shape? I doubt it. Either they have one or they just tripled their increase in tuition after turning into a university.* *:-\

Well, bossman here lies the answer to your gripes, basketball is not the school philosophy right now. I guess one has to accept the reality of this situation, the wholistic approach is the main focus. When one rants about the lack of crowds during a Benilde basketball game, perhaps this thread could provide the answer.

AltarBoy^_^
10-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Eventhough I agree that basketball supremacy can put any school in the map and entice enrollees to such schools, it will always need balance. You can't dominate every sport for one season and it's tough to implement an excellent sports program that CSB is trying to achieve. ;)

Last school that I know that used to dominate the General Championship and the Basketball crown is not from the NCAA but from the UAAP. The Santo Tomas Tigers who created a dynasty also won the overall seniors general trophy back in the mid 90s. And they dominate the Big Dome when they meet Lasalle, Thomasians occupied 70 percent of the seats while Lasallians (plus the Benildeans who support them) were overwhelmed. ;D

bossman
10-16-2008, 09:30 PM

Thanks for understanding what I feel. I feel this way because I was one time part of the Blazers even just in the team B. I was there during the winning seasons from 2001-2003. We have no godfather or head leading the team. But it was a coordinated effort from the stakeholders. From Bro Rolly Dizon, Prof. Randy Sacdalan, The Managers, the coaches namely Coach Dong, Coach Sen and Coach Nel and down to the utility group, they all had one goal. To make the Blazers winners in every tournament they are joining. That is what I'm looking to see right now. A group effort in making CSB Basketball back to the top of NCAA competition.

izon
10-17-2008, 09:25 AM

Thanks for understanding what I feel. I feel this way because I was one time part of the Blazers even just in the team B. I was there during the winning seasons from 2001-2003. We have no godfather or head leading the team. But it was a coordinated effort from the stakeholders. From Bro Rolly Dizon, Prof. Randy Sacdalan, The Managers, the coaches namely Coach Dong, Coach Sen and Coach Nel and down to the utility group, they all had one goal. To make the Blazers winners in every tournament they are joining. That is what I'm looking to see right now. A group effort in making CSB Basketball back to the top of NCAA competition.

I am with you in your crusade since you were part of the winning team and more or less privy to what happened with the Blazer's Men's Basketball team in its downward spiral. Well, it seems that basketball is not the priority of the present administration of your school's sports developement office. Good luck to you.

AltarBoy^_^
10-17-2008, 06:12 PM

Don't worry bossman, there will come a time that the Blazers will be competitive again. I hate our situation right now as much as you do! The present players will have to make their own mark and prove their worth in the eyes of the alumni, the students, and the school itself. ;)

Get_Blazed
10-17-2008, 06:20 PM
OT:* JRU has just chosen to use the NCAA as its medium to get respect and recognition.

I guess Dr. Fabella was the right man to boost the Bombers basketball program. Our president on the other hand has a different approach. The limited budget on the MBT has taken its toll on our standings but we'll survive.* ;)

Academics and facilities ang focus ni Bro. Vic Franco kasi.

Get_Blazed
10-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Maybe the first step to our recruitment woes is to hire the LSGH head coach as one of our assistants.

In the mean time, we should just aim at improving each season and continue to dominate the overall championship race. :)

bossman
10-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Maybe the first step to our recruitment woes is to hire the LSGH head coach as one of our assistants.

In the mean time, we should just aim at improving each season and continue to dominate the overall championship race. :)

Kung pumayag sya.. Asst na sya with STI e..

Get_Blazed
10-19-2008, 08:59 PM

Kung ikaw and nasa lagay niya, biases aside, ano pipiliin mo? :)

bossman
10-19-2008, 10:29 PM

Well for me na naging Blazer, I would choose CSB. NCAA yun. But we cannot discount the fact na winning program ang STI. They also have good exposures in different leagues. And mahirap din pumasok sa teams na may mga coaches na kasi hindi given yun na pareho sila ng system. He can help definitely but of course as a coach you want your voice to be heard din.

oca
10-20-2008, 08:42 AM
To say that the school itself must support the team to be successful is, imo, flawed.

Sa labanan ngayon, successful, or at least competitive teams, thrive on the support given by a support group called "alumni".

For NCAA and UAAP champion teams, for many years now what do they get directly from the school?

Free tuition ang sign chit meals sa canteen.

Salaries ng coaches and his assistants?

Di pwedeng swelduhan ng paaralan ang mga iyan ng hihigit pa sa sweldo ng isang college deam. Pero sino ba namang de-kalibreng coach ang papayag sa sweldo na batay sa salary scheme ng "academic personel".

Simply, yung suporta ng alumni ang una at higit na mahalaga sa lahat.

Yung sa paaralan, "basbas" lang ang kailangan. Pahintulot na pwedeng makilahok ang alumni sa mga bagay na iyan. Kahit nga walang basbas pwede. Pero pag ganyan ang nangyari, gulo lang ang kalalabasan.

bchoter
10-20-2008, 09:00 AM

Biases aside? STI. Coherent basketball program. Coherent basketball system. Good coach. Good looking dude (shoutout to sir Mhel_Garrido... biases aside daw o :D). San ka pa?

Regular Grey
10-20-2008, 11:50 AM

Biases aside? STI. Coherent basketball program. Coherent basketball system. Good coach. Good looking dude (shoutout to sir Mhel_Garrido... biases aside daw o :D). San ka pa?

Ha ha ha - The rword for the day for you gb - COHERENT! E nasa STI na nga!

AltarBoy^_^
10-20-2008, 05:28 PM
To say that the school itself must support the team to be successful is, imo, flawed.

Sa labanan ngayon, successful, or at least competitive teams, thrive on the support given by a support group called "alumni".

For NCAA and UAAP champion teams, for many years now what do they get directly from the school?

Free tuition ang sign chit meals sa canteen.

Salaries ng coaches and his assistants?

Di pwedeng swelduhan ng paaralan ang mga iyan ng hihigit pa sa sweldo ng isang college deam. Pero sino ba namang de-kalibreng coach ang papayag sa sweldo na batay sa salary scheme ng "academic personel".

Simply, yung suporta ng alumni ang una at higit na mahalaga sa lahat.

Yung sa paaralan, "basbas" lang ang kailangan. Pahintulot na pwedeng makilahok ang alumni sa mga bagay na iyan. Kahit nga walang basbas pwede. Pero pag ganyan ang nangyari, gulo lang ang kalalabasan.

I agree that too many cooks (alumni boosters) can spoil the broth, and luckily for us. Wala pang alumni ang nag-stepup dahil hindi pa kami asenso at established. ;D

But I am hoping that the wholistic approach can reap benefits in terms of enticing athletes to take a second-look at CSB and they see the general championship trophies as testaments to excellence beyond basketball. :)

Get_Blazed
10-20-2008, 08:26 PM

I see the point, sir. STI does have a better program as of late. May winning tradition sila lately kumbaga. But the quality of basketball they play in NAASCU is still questioned as compared to 'NC and UAAP.

Other factors that should be seen are that we (CSB and LSGH) are in the same system (DLSP), and same league (NCAA). Not to mention that he himself, was a La Sallian. Dribbling for the LSGH Greenies back then until he graduated in '93.

Although this might be too farfetched for our own good, the Brothers "above" might shower him with more "blessings" if he would choose be loyal and work within the same system. :D

bossman
10-20-2008, 09:01 PM
I see the point, sir. STI does have a better program as of late. May winning tradition sila lately kumbaga. But the quality of basketball they play in NAASCU is still questioned as compared to 'NC and UAAP.

Other factors that should be seen are that we (CSB and LSGH) are in the same system (DLSP), and same league (NCAA). Not to mention that he himself, was a La Sallian. Dribbling for the LSGH Greenies back then until he graduated in '93.

Although this might be too farfetched for our own good, the Brothers "above" might shower him with more "blessings" if he would choose be loyal and work within the same system. :D

Well this matter is up to Coach Gee. We can easily say that it is a stop gap measure. We know that the best thing we can get from him to recruit LSGH players right? But is that the only thing we need from a coach? As it was being tried before, it has its constraints. One, practice schedules. I know High School Coaches love to have practice in the morning. What if CSB has its practice in the morning? Its conflict diba? And masira pa yun program yan with LSGH. Next is the game orientation. You can say it can be easily learned but it is very hard. Knowing our Filipino basketball system that your assistant coaches should be your close buddies, it would be very hard for a stranger to come in and blend easily. He is lucky if he fits the system even they are not close with each other. We know he can handle the college program because he is now into it. We do not know maybe after experience and may be coaching school education in the US, he can take over with the team.

gamecritic
10-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Curious lang ako.. May program ba tong school na to o wala? Kasi parang kayang kaya nila tumanggap lang ng pagkatalo.

izon
10-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Curious lang ako.. May program ba tong school na to o wala? Kasi parang kayang kaya nila tumanggap lang ng pagkatalo.

"wholistic approach" and benilde. Hindi nila priority ang basketball.

gamecritic
10-31-2008, 11:27 PM

"wholistic approach" and benilde.* Hindi nila priority ang basketball.

Wholistic? Sisikat ba school nila dyan? UST did it in the 90's but kasama yun basketball sa champions. Kasi here in the Philippines pag uusapan ka lang kung winner basketball mo. They don't care kahit over all champ ka. It doesn't mean then anything! Kaya tama yun si bossman na dapat manalo sila. Kahit anu pa reason nun get_blazed na yan wala yan kasi winner lang dapat pinapansin.

izon
11-01-2008, 01:25 PM

Wholistic? Sisikat ba school nila dyan? UST did it in the 90's but kasama yun basketball sa champions. Kasi here in the Philippines pag uusapan ka lang kung winner basketball mo. They don't care kahit over all champ ka. It doesn't mean then anything! Kaya tama yun si bossman na dapat manalo sila. Kahit anu pa reason nun get_blazed na yan wala yan kasi winner lang dapat pinapansin.

Eh yan ang program nang Sports Developement Organization nila eh. Basketball is just one of the sports. Nothing special about it.

AltarBoy^_^
11-01-2008, 10:58 PM

Swerte ang UST nung 90s at icing on the cake talaga ang basketball crown. But as far as traditions are concerned, Lasalle, LSGH, and now CSB have been winning general championships as a testament to the wholistic approach. It is quite myopic to perceive that the league is just all about basketball. It gives credence to the stereotype that a lot of the other athletes in different sports are suffering because of the lack of exposure and progress to provide quality athletes that may go the distance in terms of playing for the national flag. The PBL and the PBA are already ample in talent especially when they get Fil-Ams from the States or other Fil-Foreigners when they recruit the best of the best in basketball. But the bigger question is, do we even have enough talent to qualify them to the olympics? And we can't even go beyond FIBA-Asia! As far as hypocrisy is concerned, your post takes the cake for narrow-mindedness.

But on the ligher side of things, I do hope that the recruitment will improve in the years to come for the Blazers. ;D

bossman
11-02-2008, 10:32 PM

Kung basketball wala nga talaga. Wholistic daw approach nila eh. But in Gameface we are talking here basketball di ba? Kaya for me mahirap din makita yun nangyayari. I was one of them before and every loss pains me so much. Dami na nagsasabi na may glimmer of hope but wala pa din talaga. We just have to wait long to see the Blazers back in where it supposed to be. Sayang lang wala lang continuity yun program nila from 1999-2003.

izon
11-03-2008, 09:22 AM

Kung basketball wala nga talaga. Wholistic daw approach nila eh. But in Gameface we are talking here basketball di ba? Kaya for me mahirap din makita yun nangyayari. I was one of them before and every loss pains me so much. Dami na nagsasabi na may glimmer of hope but wala pa din talaga. We just have to wait long to see the Blazers back in where it supposed to be. Sayang lang wala lang continuity yun program nila from 1999-2003.

Cheer na lang kayo sa DLSU Green Archers Basketball team.

AltarBoy^_^
11-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I would rather cheer for my CSB Blazers and wait for them to evolve into a competitive team. Other schools like San Beda waited for 28 years before they created their own dynasty. And JRU is still waiting. Give them time and don't look back to past glories. We will have them but don't expect it to be an overnight success. Rome wasn't built in a day! ;)

gamecritic
11-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Tama ka din dyan! kasi alam mo dapat hindi hinihintay yun ganyan. Dapat mismu CSB gumagawa paraan para manalo. Napakatagal naman kung gagayahin mo yun SBC o JRU. Kung sila willing mag wait dapat ang attitude hindi. Kasi isipin nyo nakakapagod din matalo.

bossman
11-03-2008, 06:57 PM

Tama ka din dyan! kasi alam mo dapat hindi hinihintay yun ganyan. Dapat mismu CSB gumagawa paraan para manalo. Napakatagal naman kung gagayahin mo yun SBC o JRU. Kung sila willing mag wait dapat ang attitude hindi. Kasi isipin nyo nakakapagod din matalo.

Thanks for your concern. It is a point well taken by someone who really loves the team. I know its hard but they have to do something nalang in order to bring back the winning ways.

AltarBoy^_^
11-03-2008, 09:15 PM

Hindi nakakapagod matalo, ang mas nakakatakot eh ma-disappoint ka pa sa mga inakala mong mahuhusay na dadalhin ang team sa semis tulad ni Paolo Orbeta. Hindi masamang mangarap na magkaroon ng winning program sa basketball at hindi rin masamang maghintay, all we need is for someone here to talk to SDO about the basketball program. Pero ang malaking problema diyan eh sumusugal ka sa success at magbabayad ka rin in the long run. I think CSB is concentrated more on expanding the campus, providing all athletes with incentives and not just basketball and they are not going to hire coaches like Coach Dong again. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

As for the Green Archers, sawa nako! Nag-cheer pako dati sa kanila and it's time I rooted for a super-underdog like the Blazers. ;D

gamecritic
11-03-2008, 10:39 PM

Hindi nakakapagod matalo, ang mas nakakatakot eh ma-disappoint ka pa sa mga inakala mong mahuhusay na dadalhin ang team sa semis tulad ni Paolo Orbeta. Hindi masamang mangarap na magkaroon ng winning program sa basketball at hindi rin masamang maghintay, all we need is for someone here to talk to SDO about the basketball program. Pero ang malaking problema diyan eh sumusugal ka sa success at magbabayad ka rin in the long run. I think CSB is concentrated more on expanding the campus, providing all athletes with incentives and not just basketball and they are not going to hire coaches like Coach Dong again. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

As for the Green Archers, sawa nako! Nag-cheer pako dati sa kanila and it's time I rooted for a super-underdog like the Blazers.* ;D

Bakit? May issue ba kayo kay Coach Vergeire?

izon
11-04-2008, 08:13 AM

As for the Green Archers, sawa nako! Nag-cheer pako dati sa kanila and it's time I rooted for a super-underdog like the Blazers.* ;D

This is not about you, Altar Boy, this is about frustrated Benilde basketball fans who are sick and tired of seeing their team lose.
You may cheer for the Blazers hoarse, that is your prerogative, but this is for those basketball Blazer fans who feels that their team is not being given importance. At least I am giving them another choice, to cheer for the Green Archers to at least alleviate their frustrations. After all La Salle din naman ang Green Archers.

AltarBoy^_^
11-04-2008, 04:31 PM

This is not about you,* Altar Boy,* this is about frustrated Benilde basketball fans who are sick and tired of seeing their team lose.
You may cheer for the Blazers hoarse, that is your prerogative, but this is for those basketball Blazer fans who feels that their team is not being given importance.* At least I am giving them another choice, to cheer for the Green Archers to at least alleviate their frustrations.* After all La Salle din naman ang Green Archers.

I never said that it's about me, nor do I speak for anyone else in the Benildean community. It is my opinion alone. Don't misjudge my remarks as an attack to the Green Archers. I rooted for them as a cheerleader/drummer back in the UST vs DLSU games in the mid-90s and I feel that Lasallians have enough fans to support them because some Benildeans do not support their own despite a non-existent winning program since Coach Dong was coach. All I am saying is that regardless if the Blazers win or lose, we are definitely watching the sister school. Ang problema eh parati na lang ang iba satin eh nasa kabila lang. Yun ang kino-kontra ko, at hindi ako naniniwala na pang-konsuelo de bobo ang manuod ng games ng Lasalle dahil sumisilip pa rin ako paminsan-minsan.

Hindi ka dapat madismaya at umasa ka na lang na aasenso din ang programa natin. Kung isa ka sa mga nagpapalakad ng SDO eh tanggapin mo na lang ang mga sinasabi ko dito as constructive criticism. And despite heartbreaking seasons, I still root for them at nanunuod ako kapag may oras ako. Sa TV na nga lang ako nanunuod pag UAAP games. And if you want change in the Blazers, you have to redirect your energies not to me but to the people who run the program. ;D

gamecritic - I don't know the exact details pero nagkaroon ng issue ang SDO head at that time (Mark Galido) at si Coach Dong kaya nawala siya. Nakakahinayang pero we all have to move on.

izon
11-04-2008, 08:15 PM

This is not about you,* Altar Boy,* this is about frustrated Benilde basketball fans who are sick and tired of seeing their team lose.
You may cheer for the Blazers hoarse, that is your prerogative, but this is for those basketball Blazer fans who feels that their team is not being given importance.* At least I am giving them another choice, to cheer for the Green Archers to at least alleviate their frustrations.* After all La Salle din naman ang Green Archers.

I never said that it's about me, nor do I speak for anyone else in the Benildean community. It is my opinion alone. Don't misjudge my remarks as an attack to the Green Archers. I rooted for them as a cheerleader/drummer back in the UST vs DLSU games in the mid-90s and I feel that Lasallians have enough fans to support them because some Benildeans do not support their own despite a non-existent winning program since Coach Dong was coach. All I am saying is that regardless if the Blazers win or lose, we are definitely watching the sister school. Ang problema eh parati na lang ang iba satin eh nasa kabila lang. Yun ang kino-kontra ko, at hindi ako naniniwala na pang-konsuelo de bobo ang manuod ng games ng Lasalle dahil sumisilip pa rin ako paminsan-minsan.

Hindi ka dapat madismaya at umasa ka na lang na aasenso din ang programa natin. Kung isa ka sa mga nagpapalakad ng SDO eh tanggapin mo na lang ang mga sinasabi ko dito as constructive criticism. And despite heartbreaking seasons, I still root for them at nanunuod ako kapag may oras ako. Sa TV na nga lang ako nanunuod pag UAAP games. And if you want change in the Blazers, you have to redirect your energies not to me but to the people who run the program.* ;D

gamecritic - I don't know the exact details pero nagkaroon ng issue ang SDO head at that time (Mark Galido) at si Coach Dong kaya nawala siya. Nakakahinayang pero we all have to move on.

I get your point. However, I am addressing this to those who are frustrated on how the Blazer basketball team is being runned. Now I accept the fact the present SDO's have a different approach. Tanggap ko yan. What I am suggesting to those who are frustated is to channel their energy to cheer for the Green Archers. Kung hindi nila tanggap ang pamamalakad sa Blazer basketball team then vote with their feet and just support the Green Archers. Pare, para iyang isang binatang nanliligaw. Kung ayaw ng dalaga sa kanya eh di maghanap ng iba na makakapag paligaya sa kanya.

AltarBoy^_^
11-05-2008, 05:48 PM

Hindi ka dapat madismaya at umasa ka na lang na aasenso din ang programa natin. Kung isa ka sa mga nagpapalakad ng SDO eh tanggapin mo na lang ang mga sinasabi ko dito as constructive criticism. And despite heartbreaking seasons, I still root for them at nanunuod ako kapag may oras ako. Sa TV na nga lang ako nanunuod pag UAAP games. And if you want change in the Blazers, you have to redirect your energies not to me but to the people who run the program.* ;D

I get your point.* However, I am addressing this to those who are frustrated on how the Blazer* basketball team is being runned.* Now I accept the fact the present SDO's have a different approach.* Tanggap ko yan.* What I am suggesting to those who are frustated is to channel their energy to cheer for the Green Archers.* Kung hindi nila tanggap ang pamamalakad sa Blazer basketball team then vote with their feet and just support the Green Archers. Pare, para iyang isang binatang nanliligaw.* Kung ayaw ng dalaga sa kanya* eh di maghanap* ng iba na makakapag paligaya sa kanya.*

That I agree on, One Lasalle has it's perks if the other team is not doing well. And I appreciated the support of the Lasallians when they were suspended they watched the opening game in the NCAA between CSB and Letran many seasons ago. The fact that SDO or the school for that matter has not made drastic changes to improve the recruitment process is something we will have to accept. But then again, we also have to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they do take immediate measures to improve. And while they try to improve, we can always watch the sister school on the other side of the collegiate league which is the UAAP. And I look forward to the news that the NCAA will expand team rosters up to 10 by 2010. ;D

Get_Blazed
11-05-2008, 06:09 PM

When did this ever become a popularity contest? We seek not to become popular.

..at winners kami sa ibang sports. It means a lot because a lot of schools vying for this title. ::)

Get_Blazed
11-05-2008, 06:13 PM

Sa mga gustong mag jump ship and suportahan yung kapitbahay, by all means. Be my guest. I, for one, know where my loyalties lie.

Hindi nakakapagod matalo dahil masaya na manalo kahit minsan. Ganyan ang buhay ng underdogs. Patience lang. Kung mahal mo ang isang bagay hindi ka basta basta susuko nalang at titingin sa iba.

Get_Blazed
11-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I get your point. However, I am addressing this to those who are frustrated on how the Blazer basketball team is being runned. Now I accept the fact the present SDO's have a different approach. Tanggap ko yan. What I am suggesting to those who are frustated is to channel their energy to cheer for the Green Archers. Kung hindi nila tanggap ang pamamalakad sa Blazer basketball team then vote with their feet and just support the Green Archers. Pare, para iyang isang binatang nanliligaw. Kung ayaw ng dalaga sa kanya eh di maghanap ng iba na makakapag paligaya sa kanya.

Di ko man nabasa agad itong reply mo bago ko nasend yung reply ko na nasa itaas, tugma iyon sa gusto mo sabihin. Coincidence?

Hindi naman namin pinipigilan ang mga Benildeans na maging balimbing, sa akin lang bahala kayo kung wala kayong loyalty. First and foremost, that is not your school. They rep' something else. Its like going gaga over USA's Olympic team wherein we have our own. Talo nga lang. Sobrang parallel yung situation: We are not America, though we were once governed by them and we still maintain close ties, we(RP) are a separate entity. Just like Benilde from LS. Colonial mentality, in a different way nga lang. ::)

bossman
11-05-2008, 10:54 PM

What happened here is exactly the root cause why CSB is still losing..

AltarBoy^_^
11-06-2008, 09:16 PM

What happened here is exactly the root cause why CSB is still losing..

Let's just try to move on and look for solutions na lang bossman, I prefer that we close that sad chapter in Blazers basketball and just hope for the best for Coach Gie and his program. :)

bossman
11-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Sayang hindi masyado nagamit si Jeff Morial sa game nila kanina against Bacchus..

gamecritic
11-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Sayang hindi masyado nagamit si Jeff Morial sa game nila kanina against Bacchus..

Anu akala mo? pwede ibabad yam si Morial?

AltarBoy^_^
11-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I agree, medyo galing injury yan si Morial. Parang si BJ Manalo yan, medyo maikli ang career sa basketball dahil limited ang galaw. :(

bossman
12-01-2008, 10:08 PM
May mga recruits na ba for next season?

AltarBoy^_^
12-06-2008, 10:54 PM
I heard that some team B players were elevated. ;)

bossman
12-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I heard that some team B players were elevated. ;)

Sana maganda naman potential nun recruits.

AltarBoy^_^
12-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I hope so too! Hope for the best na lang! ;D

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

Ahura Mazda
04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Miguel Enrique Follosco
Richard Brian Mojado
Eligio Sarmiento Jr.
Gabriel Sia
Ian Gabriel Villanueva
Mark Wilfred Yabut

Naglalaro ngayon si Follosco sa Benildean Cup. Grabe, iba maglaro. Sayang at hindi siya na-line up sa Team A.

AltarBoy^_^
04-16-2010, 03:22 AM
The FIL-OIL Line-up looks promising. We even got a former Letran Squire Center but I hope he's as effective as Jan Tan was when he played last season. ;D

coachjake
05-01-2010, 07:00 AM
The FIL-OIL Line-up looks promising. We even got a former Letran Squire Center but I hope he's as effective as Jan Tan was when he played last season. ;D

rookies from high school are sevilla from la salle zobel & sinco from ateneo. both played each other in last year's uaap championships which ateneo won in 3 games.

lastimosa & McCoy will be playing also.

UPDATE: Blazers dropped their first game 69-70 to JRU in the 2010 FilOil League. Close game all the with several lead changes.

bossman
05-01-2010, 04:41 PM
good start but of course, a win is always important!

coachjake
05-02-2010, 04:36 AM
good start but of course, a win is always important!

Mismo!

AltarBoy^_^
05-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Keeping the game close despite the missed win is still a good sign for me! They show signs of great improvemen and that hunger for the win is evident! ;D

coachjake
05-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Keeping the game close despite the missed win is still a good sign for me! They show signs of great improvemen and that hunger for the win is evident! ;D

mismo, they fought to the end vs. a top 4 NCAA team

Sam Miguel
05-04-2010, 08:09 AM
With Luis Singco of Ateneo and Jeff Ongteco on Letran aboard, St Benilde should improve somewhat on both ends. Singco is not the protoypical pointguard: he is aggressive and tends to look for a lot of penetration opportunities instead of the more typical table-setter pointguard. His aggressiveness on the ball on defense however is very welcome for a team that has not traditionally defended the ball-advance very well. Ongteco is maybe 6-foot-4, but is long and athletic, certainly plays bigger than his lean frame might suggest. Up to the last few weeks he was still a candidate to make the RP Youth Team of Eric Altamirano, which means he really does have a solid basic skill set aside from pretty good upside. I wouldn't count too much on Anton Sevilla, a barely 6-foot-2 forward-center type who couldn't even dominate in high school.

Can anybody tell me why Gelo Montecastro is now with UP?

AltarBoy^_^
05-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Luis Sinco not a table-setter? Maybe he should play the 2 position. No wonder he lost his teeth to an EAC player. But I guess that's what this team needs, more aggressiveness on both ends of the court. Hopefully he doesn't get roughhoused in every game. ;D

As for Anton Sevilla, maybe he should try to develop his skills into an SG or SF position.

coachjake
05-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Luis Sinco not a table-setter? Maybe he should play the 2 position. No wonder he lost his teeth to an EAC player. But I guess that's what this team needs, more aggressiveness on both ends of the court. Hopefully he doesn't get roughhoused in every game. ;D

As for Anton Sevilla, maybe he should try to develop his skills into an SG or SF position.

Sinco can play an effective one or two anytime - evidenced by the roles he played in the back to back Ateneo Blue Eaglet UAAP Champion Team under Coach Jamyke Jarin. With Kiefer Ravena in the line-up, he played the one position and focused on setting the plays. During the FCBL last summer, when Ravena, Romero and Pessumal were away with the RP U-16 Team, he averaged 24-28 points per game which included a win over the DLSZ with a shorthanded line-up.

Sevilla has a future - he may be raw now but he is banger and rough it out if need be.

Coach Richard seems to be showing confidence in his rookies who have the fire, hunger and desire to play hard and bring Ws for the Blazers.

coachjake
05-04-2010, 12:50 PM
With Luis Singco of Ateneo and Jeff Ongteco on Letran aboard, St Benilde should improve somewhat on both ends. Singco is not the protoypical pointguard: he is aggressive and tends to look for a lot of penetration opportunities instead of the more typical table-setter pointguard. His aggressiveness on the ball on defense however is very welcome for a team that has not traditionally defended the ball-advance very well. Ongteco is maybe 6-foot-4, but is long and athletic, certainly plays bigger than his lean frame might suggest. Up to the last few weeks he was still a candidate to make the RP Youth Team of Eric Altamirano, which means he really does have a solid basic skill set aside from pretty good upside. I wouldn't count too much on Anton Sevilla, a barely 6-foot-2 forward-center type who couldn't even dominate in high school.

Can anybody tell me why Gelo Montecastro is now with UP?

All I know is that he had discipline problems with the Coaching Staff of the Blazers and was actually surprised when he wasn't on the line-up for the 2010 FilOil Tournament. But he also was not in the Unigames in Iloilo last November due to disciplinary reasons.

Before going to CSB, Montecastro was supposed to go to UP via Coach Joe Lipa's program but plans got screwed up when they realized he didn't take the UPCAT thus he ended up in San Beda prior to CSB.

Go figure.

scallops
05-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Game vs JRU box scores

CSB 69 – Dela Paz 14, Sinco 13, Lastimosa 12, Abolucion 10, Melocoton 7, McKoy 5, Mañalac 3, Sevilla 3, Wong 0, Urra 0, Tan 0, Ongteco 0, Minerales 0.

razor
05-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Before going to CSB, Montecastro was supposed to go to UP via Coach Joe Lipa's program but plans got screwed up when they realized he didn't take the UPCAT thus he ended up in San Beda prior to CSB.

Go figure.

Montecastro was a Red Cub but he did not go to San Beda for college.

LION
05-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Yup. Wrong information.

Montecastro was a former Red Cub. Not recruited by the Red Lions. Ended up in CSB.

Sam Miguel
05-06-2010, 08:58 AM
I would have tried to get Mark Flores out of Greenhills for Benilde. That boy is an underrated athlete with deceptive quickness and springs, and he is a tough man-to-man defender, can also advance the ball against some pressure on his own. He also has a pretty good jump shot and excellent range, overall he's nearly as good as JRU's Louie Vigil, but sans the fanfare.

econcepcion
05-06-2010, 12:33 PM
As far as I know Mark Flores is already with UP. Not sure If Mark and Ervin Flores are the same.

Outlander
05-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Ervin Justin Ison Flores was the top player for LSGH last season, and is now on the summer league roster of UP. I don't think he has "Mark" as part of his full name, unless he uses that as a nickname.

coachjake
05-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Yup. Wrong information.

Montecastro was a former Red Cub. Not recruited by the Red Lions. Ended up in CSB.

I stand corrected on the San Beda info but UP was his first option prior to CSB

coachjake
05-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Ervin Justin Ison Flores was the top player for LSGH last season, and is now on the summer league roster of UP. I don't think he has "Mark" as part of his full name, unless he uses that as a nickname.

Did CSB try to recruit Flores?

KingRedLion
05-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Yup. Wrong information.

And he's now reported to be in UP, IIRC.

coachjake
05-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Yup. Wrong information.

And he's now reported to be in UP, IIRC.

Yup, he is practicing with UP, saw him there with my own 2 eyes. One year residence then he has 2 years to play in the UAAP.

bossman
05-12-2010, 09:17 PM
With the names being floated here, it's not a bad start in rebuilding. We all know that they all have tons of potential to be recruited. It just needs to be properly honed to build a good program with them.

AltarBoy^_^
05-13-2010, 07:33 PM
The great recruitment programs in other schools like DLSU, ADMU & SBC are beneficial to a certain extent that we get some recruits that were never given a second look. Except for Sinco who I speculate that chose the course first before basketball, majority are definitely interested to create ruckus in the NCAA wars. Hopefully, they gel some more, finish games and avoid crumbling at the last quarter.

Sayang come-from-behind ang UE Warriors sa kanila, growing pains talaga! ;D

coachjake
05-13-2010, 08:25 PM
The great recruitment programs in other schools like DLSU, ADMU & SBC are beneficial to a certain extent that we get some recruits that were never given a second look. Except for Sinco who I speculate that chose the course first before basketball, majority are definitely interested to create ruckus in the NCAA wars. Hopefully, they gel some more, finish games and avoid crumbling at the last quarter.

You are almost spot on with Sinco - he chose CSB due to his plan to go into an HRIM Course, as he is one who likes to cook thus going culinary as one of the coaches told me. This was in the view of being in the course he wants and to be able to play ball also.

Good choice as he is in a great school, gets to play ball (not to mention the minutes he is getting as a rookie in the Filoil tournament), and is planning for his life after basketball....guess you can't go wrong with that. If he makes it to PBL level, good for him too.

I agree that the team needs more games, maybe more practice with plays and game attitude and focus and maybe a teambuilding session to help out.

Some players tried to take the game over on their own during both FEU and UE games which can't happen against such teams. Team cohesiveness is what matters. With 8 rookies playing for CSB, we can't expect that to happen right away so let's all be patient and let them gel and grow.

coachjake
05-13-2010, 08:28 PM

You are almost spot on with Sinco - he chose CSB due to his plan to go into an HRIM Course, as he is one who likes to cook thus going culinary as one of the coaches told me. This was in the view of being in the course he wants and to be able to play ball also.

Good choice as he is in a great school, gets to play ball (not to mention the minutes he is getting as a rookie in the Filoil tournament), and is planning for his life after basketball....guess you can't go wrong with that. If he makes it to PBL level, good for him too.

I agree that the team needs more games, maybe more practice with plays and game attitude and focus and maybe a teambuilding session to help out.

Some players tried to take the game over on their own during both FEU and UE games which can't happen against such teams. Team cohesiveness is what matters. With 8 rookies playing for CSB, we can't expect that to happen right away so let's all be patient and let them gel and grow.

By the way, the coaches also said Sinco was spotted by CSB Coach Gee Abanilla when he was still in 2nd year high school and playing Paya or Prada ball and was sort of courted on by the succeeding coaches like Mon Jose and Coach Del Rosario. CSB Asst. Coach Eric Banes trained him in his quest to make it to the Ateneo Eaglets which paid off with the UAAP Championship last October.

AltarBoy^_^
05-14-2010, 12:27 AM
So I guess that's one of the coaching staff's "grassroots" recruitment program that paid off. Hope we can get more student-athletes like Sinco. ;D

AltarBoy^_^
05-14-2010, 12:44 AM

I'm just glad he chose to study in CSB. Gone were the days when our school was stereotyped before the turn of the millenium, and he's a great example of a student-athlete of his generation. I'm also happy that the school's thrust for putting premium in quality education through faculty & facilities with matching non-traditional courses paid off.

I agree. And I believe that finally, we have a new batch of players that can lift the Blazers to new heights so long as the coaching staff sustains it's long-term development and recruitment program. I don't see them winning a lot of games but ATTITUDE and FOCUS are definitely what they need right now if they want to win games. I expect more growth in two or three seasons. And for us alumni, students and fans, PATIENCE is indeed a VIRTUE. ;)

coachjake
05-14-2010, 10:01 PM

I'm just glad he chose to study in CSB. Gone were the days when our school was stereotyped before the turn of the millenium, and he's a great example of a student-athlete of his generation. I'm also happy that the school's thrust for putting premium in quality education through faculty & facilities with matching non-traditional courses paid off.

I agree. And I believe that finally, we have a new batch of players that can lift the Blazers to new heights so long as the coaching staff sustains it's long-term development and recruitment program. I don't see them winning a lot of games but ATTITUDE and FOCUS are definitely what they need right now if they want to win games. I expect more growth in two or three seasons. And for us alumni, students and fans, PATIENCE is indeed a VIRTUE. ;)

JUST IN: The Blazers lost to San Sebastian 83-60 this afternoon. San Sebastian threw its NCAA Champion might at the Blazers and the lead even ballooned to 31 points. Medyo kanya-kanya ang laro natin but somehow some cohesiveness came back in the 4th quarter where they cut the lead. Just like Paul Lee of UE, that Abueva guy of San Sebastian is a monster, had 2 fastbreak dunks but he looks like he is of PBA age already, including his game. Baste's 3-point shooting was spot on too.

Argamino and Sinco carried the point guard chores for CSB but again, Abolucion didn't show up for this game....when will he? for Christ's sake. De Guzman played well, Lastimosa also until he tried to do everything himself again....this boy needs to realize this isn't Cagayan De Oro High School ball anymore so he has to be a team player. Jan Tan contributed, so did De la Paz and McCoy but McCoy needs to work on focus and presence of mind in the court. If he develops that, he will be a force to reckon with.

The Blazers are headed for a teambuilding and bonding session this weekend in Subic, Zambales....probably a much needed exercise for the team.

AltarBoy^_^
05-15-2010, 08:59 PM
JUST IN: The Blazers lost to San Sebastian 83-60 this afternoon. San Sebastian threw its NCAA Champion might at the Blazers and the lead even ballooned to 31 points. Medyo kanya-kanya ang laro natin but somehow some cohesiveness came back in the 4th quarter where they cut the lead. Just like Paul Lee of UE, that Abueva guy of San Sebastian is a monster, had 2 fastbreak dunks but he looks like he is of PBA age already, including his game. Baste's 3-point shooting was spot on too.

Don't worry about his age, I think Abueva is what the Blazers need. A motivation to grow stronger and take their game to the next level. We haven't produced quality athletes lately that gives pro scouts a second look. I think Lastimosa and Sinco can make it there but they will have to match Abueva's monster averages. And I haven't seen players doing better when they go to the PBL or PBA since Sunday & Jon Dan Salvador.

Argamino and Sinco carried the point guard chores for CSB but again, Abolucion didn't show up for this game....when will he? for Christ's sake. De Guzman played well, Lastimosa also until he tried to do everything himself again....this boy needs to realize this isn't Cagayan De Oro High School ball anymore so he has to be a team player. Jan Tan contributed, so did De la Paz and McCoy but McCoy needs to work on focus and presence of mind in the court. If he develops that, he will be a force to reckon with.

Argamino should realize that he has to step up and contribute to the team. I am more worried about Urra in the line-up and not doing anything significant for the team in their games. As for McCoy, I guess I know you better as you observed first-hand why he should improve. He just needs consistency. Points are equally spread through most of the new batch of players but everyone should bring their game consistently as a team in order for them to win.

The Blazers are headed for a teambuilding and bonding session this weekend in Subic, Zambales....probably a much needed exercise for the team.

Finally, more quality time for them to know themselves and their teammates. There is no "I" in TEAM as they say. Other teams are gearing up for their respective battles in both the NCAA and UAAP through foreign training. Maybe when the Blazers improve, they can qualify for the same training and regimen that other schools are practicing right now. Hopefully they can learn a thing or two after their bonding session. ;D

bluegreen
05-17-2010, 09:17 AM

Don't worry about his age, I think Abueva is what the Blazers need. A motivation to grow stronger and take their game to the next level. We haven't produced quality athletes lately that gives pro scouts a second look. I think Lastimosa and Sinco can make it there but they will have to match Abueva's monster averages. And I haven't seen players doing better when they go to the PBL or PBA since Sunday & Jon Dan Salvador.

Argamino should realize that he has to step up and contribute to the team. I am more worried about Urra in the line-up and not doing anything significant for the team in their games. As for McCoy, I guess I know you better as you observed first-hand why he should improve. He just needs consistency. Points are equally spread through most of the new batch of players but everyone should bring their game consistently as a team in order for them to win.

Finally, more quality time for them to know themselves and their teammates. There is no "I" in TEAM as they say. Other teams are gearing up for their respective battles in both the NCAA and UAAP through foreign training. Maybe when the Blazers improve, they can qualify for the same training and regimen that other schools are practicing right now. Hopefully they can learn a thing or two after their bonding session. ;D

Urra is not in the line-up anymore - apparently he was suspended for playing in a league without CSB Coaching Staff/SDO Office approval and it was his second offense.

AltarBoy^_^
05-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Ah, that explains why he's not in the line-up, so who was elevated from team B? ;D

KingRedLion
05-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Ah, that explains why he's not in the line-up, so who was elevated from team B? ;D

Could the Red Cub Al-Amin well be the replacement for Urra then? Nothing against him but Al-Amin is certainly an upgrade.

bluegreen
05-17-2010, 12:05 PM

Amin, rookie from San Beda, fresh HS Grad just like Sinco (Ateneo), Sevilla (De La Salle Zobel), Melocoton (Ilolilo).

AltarBoy^_^
05-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Dumami na rookies kesa sa holdovers. Mabuti nang mabigyan ng pagkakataon ang ibang players mag-shine at ma-ensayo ng husto kesa sumakit lang ulo ng coaching staff sa ibang players na pasaway. ;D

coachjake
05-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Dumami na rookies kesa sa holdovers. Mabuti nang mabigyan ng pagkakataon ang ibang players mag-shine at ma-ensayo ng husto kesa sumakit lang ulo ng coaching staff sa ibang players na pasaway. ;D

9 rookies na sa CSB, a really young team but with good potential

izon
05-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Things are looking bright for the Blazers.

Get_Blazed
07-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Time to lock this thread. See you on the other threads ;)