PDA

View Full Version : PCCL: Multiple league membership fiasco

Get_Blazed
09-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Multiple league memberships kill the purpose of having a National Champion, given that a team that joins more leagues also has more chances of landing a seed in PCCL at the end. This applies to 3 leagues namely: Universities and Colleges Athletic Association (UCAA), National Capital Region Athletic Association (NCRAA), and Colleges and Universities Sports Association (CUSA).

It is unfair given that PCCL Automatically Qualifies: Top Two (2) UAAP & NCAA, Champion Teams of CUSA, NAASCU, NCRAA/ UCAA & CESAFI.
Also, Wild Card invited teams would include Runner-ups & 3rd placers of different leagues such as NAASCU, CUSA, UCAA & others.

For your reference, this is the format of PCCL:
]http://www.collegiatechampionsleague.net/CCL%20FINAL%20-%2010Apr08.ppt (http://www.collegiatechampionsleague.net/CCL%20FINAL%20-%2010Apr08.ppt[/u)

Based on my research, these are the schools that have multiple league memberships:
ACSAT Lightnings - UCAA, NCRAA
Emilio Aguinaldo College Generals - UCAA, NCRAA
Las Pinas College Blue Lions/Scorpions - UCAA, CUSA
Olivarez College Sea Lions - UCAA, NCRAA
PSBA Jaguars - UCAA, NCRAA
SFAC Doves - UCAA, NCRAA
TIP Rangers - CUSA, NCRAA

1 member of CUSA is a member of NCRAA (TIP)*
1 member of CUSA is a member of UCAA (LPC)*
5 members of UCAA are also members of NCRAA. (ACSAT, EAC, Olivarez, PSBA, and SFAC)**

*CUSA, being aligned with the SBP, should not allow its members to join other leagues for fairness (regarding chances of getting seeded in the PCCL, and experience/exposure).

**BAP aligned NCRAA and CUSA has loose rules on memberships. Same case should apply with above, we should always avoid/disallow multiple league memberships.

What can be done? Or will our words again fall on deaf ears? ::)

-insane-
09-08-2008, 07:19 PM
kelan start ng pccl

Get_Blazed
09-08-2008, 08:03 PM
kelan start ng pccl

After all the collegiate leagues wraps-up.

D_I_A
09-09-2008, 03:01 AM
but regarding the main issue of multiple league membership dapat tingnan din natin yung mga school systems na may mga branches or campuses na members din ng iba't ibang leagues. Example:

San Beda - NCAA
San Beda Alabang - NCAA-South

Dominican School System:
UST - UAAP
Letran Manila - NCAA
Letran Calamba - NCAA-South

La Salle System:
College of St. Benilde - NCAA
De La Salle University - UAAP
La Salle Dasmariρas - NCRAA
De La Salle - Araneta- Caloocan City - CUSA

Augustinian Recollect System
San Sebastian College Recoletos - NCAA
San Sebastian - Cavite - NAASCU
University of San Jose - NOCSEA

so pano kaya pag nadomina ng isang School System ang lahat ng liga na napasok nila? pwede kaya na sister teams din ang magkita sa Natioanal Championships

di ko pa nasasama yung sa Visayas at Mindanao area, alam ko meron din mga branches ang mga NCR based schools sa itaas lalo na pag mga Catholic Sectarians Schools sa provinces. Sa Dumaguete, Cebu, Negros and Panay Island (Iloilo, Capiz and Antique provinces)

Ang Jesuit run Ateneo marami din branches: Manila, Naga, Zamboanga and Davao. Kalat ang mga ito nationwide kung iisipin, may Ateneo sa NCR,sa Region 5,tapos Western and Eastern Mindanao Area. Pano kung malakas ang mga teams na ito?

Kaya pag tiningnan natin sa homepage ng PCCL kung san meron silang partial listing ng mga leagues nationwide kung sinong School system ang may marami, geographically scattered at malalakas na basketball teams, may tendency din na makuha ang National Championships. Observation lang po.

JonarSabilano
09-09-2008, 12:01 PM
D_I_A,

The school you mentioned are separate entities, with separate league memberships and identities. Aside from that, with the exception of the DLSU system, they have different presidents; the only common denominator is the religious order running them.

Let's put it this way: In the US NCAA, there two schools in the ACC which belong to the same university system: UNC and NC State. Would that mean that since both belong to the same system, they have no place competing for the same league championship?

What about the likes of UCLA and UC Berkeley (Pac-10) and UC-Irvine and UC-Santa Barbara (Big West)?

BTW, the Ateneo schools in the provinces are separate and distinct from the one in Loyola Heights. Iba ang president. Ateneo de Davao isn't even the best team in its city. Doon pa lang, sira na agad ang logic mo.

I'm with Get_Blazed's idea of purging schools with memberships in different leagues. But for the sake of logic, ibang bagay ang different schools belonging to the same system.

Get_Blazed
09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
D_I_A,

The school you mentioned are separate entities, with separate league memberships and identities. Aside from that, with the exception of the DLSU system, they have different presidents; the only common denominator is the religious order running them.

BTW, the Ateneo schools in the provinces are separate and distinct from the one in Loyola Heights. Iba ang president. Ateneo de Davao isn't even the best team in its city. Doon pa lang, sira na agad ang logic mo.

I'm with Get_Blazed's idea of purging schools with memberships in different leagues. But for the sake of logic, ibang bagay ang different schools belonging to the same system.

Same with Ateneo, ALL 18 Lasallian district schools of DLSP are autonomous, independent colleges. We all have different presidents and organizations. DLSU-M has Br. Armin Luistro FSC as President, while we at Benilde have Br. Vic Franco FSC. We are all run by different people and are not really connected to each other, besides the fact that we are governed and looked after by DLSP.

De La Salle Philippines, the governing body for all the Lasallian district schools in the Philippines. It governs eighteen autonomous campuses throughout the country. It was established in 2006 to replace the disbanded De La Salle University System.

With all said, D_I_A's problem does not really apply, as far as we are concerned.

D_I_A
09-09-2008, 02:24 PM
D_I_A,

Same with Ateneo, ALL 18 Lasallian district schools of DLSP are autonomous, independent colleges. We all have different presidents and organizations. DLSU-M has Br. Armin Luistro FSC as President, while we at Benilde have Br. Vic Franco FSC. We are all run by different people and are not really connected to each other, besides the fact that we are governed and looked after by DLSP.

De La Salle Philippines, the governing body for all the Lasallian district schools in the Philippines. It governs eighteen autonomous campuses throughout the country. It was established in 2006 to replace the disbanded De La Salle University System.

With all said, D_I_A's problem does not really apply, as far as we are concerned.

it's just an observation dudes, syempre mas maraming schools mas masaya, lalo na pag National Championships na ang pinaguusapan. Ang sa akin, maganda din naman maglaban ang sister schools kahit iba ang management board ng mga schools na ito. I know it won't happen instantly na magkaroon ng brood wars sa PCCL pero unique yun sa setting ng PCCL pag nangyari.

the future will be the judge to that lalo na pag naglakasan ang mga teams in the provinces na part ng same educational systems. whether it's run by the Jesuits, La Sallian Brothers, Dominicans, Augustinians or plain school owners syempre masaya ang mga entities na ito pag sila sila din ang maglalaban sa Championships.

magiging challenge or motivation din ito for other schools pag kalaban nila ang mga teams na part ng isang educational system kung mula sa mother leagues hanggang sa zonal, regional eliminations eh nasisilat nila ang schools na part isang educ system. but as i've said, di naman mangyayari ito agad, kasi iba din ang resources, training, coaching staff and caliber of players ng mga schools na kasama sa isang system. pero pano din kung mapagusapan ng mga ito na isang coaching, training philosophy tapos haluan pa ng isang common financial benefactor ang mga schools na ito. kung baga magkakatalo na lang sa Regionals then sa Final 16 hanggang umabot ng Finals?

the last question is, is this probable by PCCL rules and policies given if resources, competitive players and coaches, training are provided equally by an educ system and say they all became champions in their respective mother leagues? imagine DLSP na maraming schools whether autonomous or independent in nature ala green riot ang dating!hehe!

;)

Joescoundrel
09-09-2008, 04:53 PM
I posted this in another thread in the PCCL Forum, so just for reference:

Related to Oca's questions: during the MOA signing I asked Rey Gamboa the following ___

1. Some schools send their Team A to the UAAP/NCAA and their Team B to the FMC. Suppose a school's Team A wins the UAAP championship and its Team B wins the FMC, will we see two teams from the same school in the PCC?

Answer: No. In this case only the UAAP champion will represent that school in the PCC.

2. Some schools compete in two tournaments, such as EAC in both the NCRAA and the UCAA. If a school wins both tournaments - as EAC has done the last couple years - will they represent both leagues?

Answer: No. They can only represent one league, with the runnerup school in the other league representing said league, i.e. EAC wins both but chooses to represent the UCAA, St Francis may represent NCRAA.

3. Some UAAP and NCAA schools win in the off-season tournaments such as the HAIL and Fil-Oil - like Lasalle did last year. Will they represent both tournaments in the PCC? What if they also win the UAAP title?

Answer: No. Lasalle in this case will represent the UAAP, the second placers of HAIL and Fil-Oil will represent those tournaments. If the same school wound up second place to Lasalle in both tournaments they can only represent one, with the third placer in the other tournament representing that other tournament.

Please note that all of the answers given by Mr Gamboa were as of a general rule, to which I assume some exceptions will be taken.

I can already foresee for instance the likes of UE, FEU, Letran, San Beda aside from Ateneo and Lasalle as "rotating" just among themselves who will be off-season champions in the HAIL, Nike, Fil-Oil and FMC this summer. I shudder to think what will happen if we get the same champions, secod placers, third placers, ad infinitum.

One other thing: the champions of these off-season tournaments are not actually given "guaranteed" slots in the PCC but will be "considered" most likely as "wild card entries" based on how they did in these tournaments.

I think the SBP was thinking more along the lines of how a team like say EAC, Lyceum or Arellano will stack up against fellow Metro Manila teams. Lyceum and Arellano send their regular teams to the FMC and HAIL, while EAC sends its Team A to HAIL and its B to FMC.

Get_Blazed
09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Some schools compete in two tournaments, such as EAC in both the NCRAA and the UCAA. If a school wins both tournaments - as EAC has done the last couple years - will they represent both leagues?..

Some UAAP and NCAA schools win in the off-season tournaments such as the HAIL and Fil-Oil - like Lasalle did last year. Will they represent both tournaments in the PCC? What if they also win the UAAP title?..

I can already foresee for instance the likes of UE, FEU, Letran, San Beda aside from Ateneo and Lasalle as "rotating" just among themselves who will be off-season champions in the HAIL, Nike, Fil-Oil and FMC this summer. I shudder to think what will happen if we get the same champions, secod placers, third placers, ad infinitum.

One other thing: the champions of these off-season tournaments are not actually given "guaranteed" slots in the PCC but will be "considered" most likely as "wild card entries" based on how they did in these tournaments.

I think the SBP was thinking more along the lines of how a team like say EAC, Lyceum or Arellano will stack up against fellow Metro Manila teams. Lyceum and Arellano send their regular teams to the FMC and HAIL, while EAC sends its Team A to HAIL and its B to FMC.

First, hindi naman yung "if they win both tournaments" ang argument eh. Unfair na agad yun towards others kasi doubled agad yung chance nila maka-land ng spot, dahil nga dalawa liga nila. Diba?

Second, I believe that off-season tourneys should not have any bearing towards this tourney(PCCL), why? Because the level of play in these playgrounds are varied, inconsistent, and more often than not shallow. Tapos yung same reason din sa above, pag nanalo ang team X sa off-season, pero ni hindi nakapasok kunwari sa final 4, diba ironic? Tapos yun madaming sinalihang tourneys, again, applied yung pagiging unfair nun. ::)

D_I_A
09-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Some schools compete in two tournaments, such as EAC in both the NCRAA and the UCAA. If a school wins both tournaments - as EAC has done the last couple years - will they represent both leagues?..

Some UAAP and NCAA schools win in the off-season tournaments such as the HAIL and Fil-Oil - like Lasalle did last year. Will they represent both tournaments in the PCC? What if they also win the UAAP title?..

I think the SBP was thinking more along the lines of how a team like say EAC, Lyceum or Arellano will stack up against fellow Metro Manila teams. Lyceum and Arellano send their regular teams to the FMC and HAIL, while EAC sends its Team A to HAIL and its B to FMC.* * *

First, hindi naman yung "if they win both tournaments" ang argument eh. Unfair na agad yun towards others kasi doubled agad yung chance nila maka-land ng spot, dahil nga dalawa liga nila. Diba?

Second, I believe that off-season tourneys should not have any bearing towards this tourney(PCCL), why? Because the level of play in these playgrounds are varied, inconsistent, and more often than not shallow. Tapos yung same reason din sa above, pag nanalo ang team X sa off-season, pero ni hindi nakapasok kunwari sa final 4, diba ironic? Tapos yun madaming sinalihang tourneys, again, applied yung pagiging unfair nun. ::)

i agree

yung nature na nga lang eh "tourneys" parang pang-short term lang unlike pag school league talagang seryosohan ang labanan.

Wang-Bu
09-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Sa ganang akin naman dapat naman kasi sa PCCL mag-accredit na lang ng mga liga na pagkukunan ng Sweet 16 nila.

Kunwari sabihin nilang UAAP, NCAA, NCRAA, NAASCU, SCUAA na lang ang pwede sa mga based sa Metro Manila.

Tapos CeSAFI, VAAA na lang sa Cebu at Visayas. Tapos Central Luzon AAA at Northern Luzon AAA.

Ganun na lang ng ganun. At siempre hindi kasali mga pang-summer lang na liga gaya ng Fil-Oil at Nike. Hindi na din kasali Fr Martin. Ibig sabihin basta mga pang-developmental ang dating huwag na lang.

T---na na lang ng UCAA at mga mukhang pera sila. Humingi ng donasyon kay MVP last year, nung mabigyan sumanib pa din sa dating BAP, dapat sa mga ganyan si Alex Boncayao ang kumausap, ganun din sa CUSA, na nalaman ko mula kay Gabby Velasco ay nilayasan pala ng St Francis of Assisi.

Get_Blazed
09-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Sa ganang akin naman dapat naman kasi sa PCCL mag-accredit na lang ng mga liga na pagkukunan ng Sweet 16 nila.

Kunwari sabihin nilang UAAP, NCAA, NCRAA, NAASCU, SCUAA na lang ang pwede sa mga based sa Metro Manila.

Tapos CeSAFI, VAAA na lang sa Cebu at Visayas. Tapos Central Luzon AAA at Northern Luzon AAA.

Ganun na lang ng ganun. At siempre hindi kasali mga pang-summer lang na liga gaya ng Fil-Oil at Nike. Hindi na din kasali Fr Martin. Ibig sabihin basta mga pang-developmental ang dating huwag na lang.

T---na na lang ng UCAA at mga mukhang pera sila. Humingi ng donasyon kay MVP last year, nung mabigyan sumanib pa din sa dating BAP, dapat sa mga ganyan si Alex Boncayao ang kumausap, ganun din sa CUSA, na nalaman ko mula kay Gabby Velasco ay nilayasan pala ng St Francis of Assisi.

Siguro yan na nga ang solution. Ang gulo talaga ng ganito. >:(

D_I_A
09-11-2008, 02:54 PM
You bet..

D_I_A
09-11-2008, 02:56 PM

SBP and PCCL could still fine tune things up, remember first time pa lang naman ito na mangyayari after the CCL na talagang prominent leagues lang

SBP and PCCL is trying to tap those in schools and leagues in the countryside.Kung baga SBP is using this tournament para magkaroon ng link sa grassroots level aside dun sa SBP-NBTC

I agree with you na wag ng i-seed ang Champions ng mga Summer, Sembreak or In-between tourneys. Yung mga school leagues lang talaga. As for UCAA dapat pagisahin na lang ito with NCRAA. For leagues with national in scope like SCUAA and PRISAA maybe it's better na isang tournament na lang respectively para kung sino ang National Champions nila ay may slot sa Sweet 16.

Let's not disenfranchise those leagues in the provinces and regions, isang step towards national unity in the basketball scene pag may engagements sa lahat ng school leagues, kilala man na liga o hindi.

I admit i want those teams in the provinces na makapasok sa sweet 16 para at least mas lalong tumaas ang motivation ng mga nasa provinces na di na nila kailangan pang makipagsiksikan sa manila para lang maglaro ng basketball. Sounds idealistic, but this would also one of the things that could work if we really want to end harrassments from the BAP.

Get_Blazed
09-12-2008, 11:06 AM

SBP and PCCL could still fine tune things up, remember first time pa lang naman ito na mangyayari after the CCL na talagang prominent leagues lang

SBP and PCCL is trying to tap those in schools and leagues in the countryside.Kung baga SBP is using this tournament para magkaroon ng link sa grassroots level aside dun sa SBP-NBTC

I agree with you na wag ng i-seed ang Champions ng mga Summer, Sembreak or In-between tourneys. Yung mga school leagues lang talaga. As for UCAA dapat pagisahin na lang ito with NCRAA. For leagues with national in scope like SCUAA and PRISAA maybe it's better na isang tournament na lang respectively para kung sino ang National Champions nila ay may slot sa Sweet 16.

Let's not disenfranchise those leagues in the provinces and regions, isang step towards national unity in the basketball scene pag may engagements sa lahat ng school leagues, kilala man na liga o hindi.

I admit i want those teams in the provinces na makapasok sa sweet 16 para at least mas lalong tumaas ang motivation ng mga nasa provinces na di na nila kailangan pang makipagsiksikan sa manila para lang maglaro ng basketball. Sounds idealistic, but this would also one of the things that could work if we really want to end harrassments from the BAP.

May regional/zonal seeds naman eh. For the provincial teams.

D_I_A
09-14-2008, 11:56 AM

May regional/zonal seeds naman eh. For the provincial teams.

pero dapat i-improve din ang seedings sa Final 16. Half or more than half NCR-Based pa rin.
pero since maiden season pa lang naman baka next year may genuine seedings na ang PCCL

bchoter
09-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Grabbed from JoeS' post in hte LA Revilla thread:

"Lalahok sa Mindanao zonals ang FEU para makapasok sila sa PCCL Sweet 16", thus declared Mark Molina. Sana makalaban nilang Lasalle sa PCCL, saya nito.

Serious? Won't this defeat the "grassroots" objective of the league?

clutchjedi
09-18-2008, 01:31 PM

"Lalahok sa Mindanao zonals ang FEU para makapasok sila sa PCCL Sweet 16", thus declared Mark Molina. Sana makalaban nilang Lasalle sa PCCL, saya nito.

i think this actually helps, kasi sa zonals pa lang the provincial teams get to measure their strength against good metro manila teams.

in a sense, iwas gastos din, kasi if you're not good enough to beat an FEU in the zonals, it's likely that if you went to the sweet 16 in manila, out ka din sa first round, uwi din agad.

at least, with NCR teams in the zonals, more provincial teams would get to play them and benefit from the competition. and they'd be forced to improve their program, if they want to reach the sweet 16* :)

Get_Blazed
09-18-2008, 05:23 PM

What?? Pwede ba to? Lalong gugulo. Unacceptable. :o

nastrans
09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Regarding multiple league membership:

Lyceum of Subic is a member of another league aside from the NAASCU tourney but I think the most important thing is here that wala namang problema basta ang team na ang may option kung anung liga ang irerepresent nila sa PCCL (e.g. EAC when they won NCRAA and UCAA a few years ago, namili sila ng ligang nirepresent)

Get_Blazed
09-18-2008, 08:18 PM

Lyceum of Subic is a member of another league aside from the NAASCU tourney but I think the most important thing is here that wala namang problema basta ang team na ang may option kung anung liga ang irerepresent nila sa PCCL (e.g. EAC when they won NCRAA and UCAA a few years ago, namili sila ng ligang nirepresent)

Kung ganito, dapat before pa magsimula ang dalawang liga nila nakapili na sila. Para kung matalo na sila dun sa ligang pinili nilang irepresent, kahit magchampion sila dun sa isa pa hindi na counted yun. Tama?

Sam Miguel
09-19-2008, 09:45 AM
FEU will be joining the Zonals in Davao I believe. I pity the teams they will be going up against, methinks it'll be FEU by an average of 30 per game over nine or ten games. One thing about FEU is that they are angry, disgruntled and motivated to get into the PCCL.

As to their actual participation, I can see the point here: if those Davao teams can't beat FEU in their homecourts they may as well save the money and effort and time coming to Metro Manila only to get bitch-slapped in their first game by say Ateneo or San Beda, or heck even Arellano.

Also, this is a good way to get a relatively well-funded and well-supported program to do the spending and traveling and gauge the relative strength of given provincial teams. I think there is no way in hell FEU cannot win by at least 30 points against any Davao team, but what the heck, let the Davao teams find that out themselves.

bchoter
09-19-2008, 11:38 AM
I see the point in the funding. However, the experience they will gain in going to Metro Manila can go beyond the expenses. This exposes their players to Metro Manila audience as well as recruiters. Also, they can play more games against teams out of the PCCL.

I think the PCCL should not allow this because what will prevent the other Metro Manila teams from seeking seats in other regions? Baka ang mangyari maging puro Metro Manila teams lang ang mag lalaban laban.

Get_Blazed
09-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I see the point in the funding. However, the experience they will gain in going to Metro Manila can go beyond the expenses. This exposes their players to Metro Manila audience as well as recruiters. Also, they can play more games against teams out of the PCCL.

I think the PCCL should not allowed this because what will prevent the other Metro Manila teams from seeking seats in other regions? Baka ang mangyari maging puro Metro Manila teams lang ang mag lalaban laban.

Tama. Exactly. Unang una, hindi tiga-dun ang FEU. Second, magiging unfait yan kasi you are depriving the provincial teams to have a chance to come to Metro Manila for the experience(and exposure). It goes beyond their ability to win against metro teams, but rather its their right. Masisira na ang buong purpose ng PCCL kung ganyan. ::)

clutchjedi
09-19-2008, 05:08 PM
^ I agree that the point about not depriving the provincial teams of exposure is a very valid one.

My suggestion would be, if the schools in a particular region/zone feel strongly about this and agree that they have no problem with funding a team to Manila (or better if PCCL can enlist sponsors) even for one game - then they can formally request this from the SBP/PCCL for succeeding tourneys.* :)

I think the PCCL should not allowed this because what will prevent the other Metro Manila teams from seeking seats in other regions?

From the tournament format (http://www.collegiatechampionsleague.net/CCL%20FINAL%20-%2010Apr08.ppt) posted earlier in the the other PCCL thread (http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=2278.msg99299#msg99299), there's really specific slots for NCR 3rd/4th placers only, so not just any team can enter.* e.g. -

ZONE 4 – MINDANAO (Site: Davao)
CHAMPION – Regional Area 7 (Cagayan de Oro, Iligan, Mis. Oriental & Caraga)
CHAMPION – Regional Area 8 (Davao, Socsargen & Maguindanao)
CHAMPION – Regional Area 9 (Zamboanga (Cities & Provinces) & Mis. Occidental)
UAAP – 3rd Placer (FEU)
CESAFI – 3rd Placer
Host School Team

So the zonals would not actually be all-Davao teams - it would be 3 regional champs plus 3 others.

Get_Blazed
09-19-2008, 07:52 PM
From the tournament format (http://www.collegiatechampionsleague.net/CCL%20FINAL%20-%2010Apr08.ppt) posted earlier in the the other PCCL thread (http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=2278.msg99299#msg99299), there's really specific slots for NCR 3rd/4th placers only, so not just any team can enter. e.g. -

ZONE 4 – MINDANAO (Site: Davao)
CHAMPION – Regional Area 7 (Cagayan de Oro, Iligan, Mis. Oriental & Caraga)
CHAMPION – Regional Area 8 (Davao, Socsargen & Maguindanao)
CHAMPION – Regional Area 9 (Zamboanga (Cities & Provinces) & Mis. Occidental)
UAAP – 3rd Placer (FEU)
CESAFI – 3rd Placer
Host School Team

So the zonals would not actually be all-Davao teams - it would be 3 regional champs plus 3 others.

Oh. So valid pala yung pagsali nila sa Zonal, hindi lang pala basta yun. But still, we feel dapat i-revise itong aspect ng format. :)

sajubeads
09-22-2008, 08:08 AM

I was a liitle bit surprised that Lyceum Subic is the number seed in the PCCL ranking in Region 2 ( Pampanga , Tarlac, Bulacan ) when AUF was the consistent champion in the Regional PRISAA ( REGION 3). AUF in fact is a consistewnt semifinalist in the National PRISAA MBT. Ive seen in BTV that LYCEUM is the number 1 team having won UCLRAA. I bit AUF is stronger than LYCEUM SUBIC. AUF in fact is playing in Father Martin CUP and have a creditable 4-2 record right now.

chellotte8
10-01-2008, 12:23 AM

i think this actually helps, kasi sa zonals pa lang the provincial teams get to measure their strength against good metro manila teams.

in a sense, iwas gastos din, kasi if you're not good enough to beat an FEU in the zonals, it's likely that if you went to the sweet 16 in manila, out ka din sa first round, uwi din agad.

at least, with NCR teams in the zonals, more provincial teams would get to play them and benefit from the competition. and they'd be forced to improve their program, if they want to reach the sweet 16* :)

I agree on this one, wildcard entries should be placed in the zonals para mameasure kung kayang makipagsabayan ng mga teams dun sa mga nasa NCR. Kung panalo ang wildcard entry sa zonal na yun, most likely matatalo din sila sa mga teams sa NCR with the same/greater calibre as the wildcard.

Get_Blazed
10-04-2008, 02:20 PM

at least, with NCR teams in the zonals, more provincial teams would get to play them and benefit from the competition. and they'd be forced to improve their program, if they want to reach the sweet 16 :)

I agree on this one, wildcard entries should be placed in the zonals para mameasure kung kayang makipagsabayan ng mga teams dun sa mga nasa NCR. Kung panalo ang wildcard entry sa zonal na yun, most likely matatalo din sila sa mga teams sa NCR with the same/greater calibre as the wildcard.

Pero kung ganyan ang mentality lagi it would defeat the purpose of having a national champion. Puro NCR nanaman yan. We should give them a chance, bilog ang bola. Kaya naman matalo ng underdog ang favorites eh.

Although may point, sana hindi nalang mga finalists ng NCR ang lalaban sa Zonals. Sana yun nalang yung mga wildcards.

D_I_A
10-04-2008, 10:25 PM

Pero kung ganyan ang mentality lagi it would defeat the purpose of having a national champion. Puro NCR nanaman yan. We should give them a chance, bilog ang bola. Kaya naman matalo ng underdog ang favorites eh.

Although may point, sana hindi nalang mga finalists ng NCR ang lalaban sa Zonals. Sana yun nalang yung mga wildcards.

i agree with get_blazed's idea..although may point na magiging competitive ang mga provincial teams because hell will be given by NCR teams before they move to the Sweet 16 groupings.

pero at this point, lalo na maiden season pa lang, sana bigyan muna ng leeway ng PCCL yung mga provincial teams para ganado ito.

i mean sila sila muna sa mga regonals at zonals ang maglaban bago sila isalang sa mga NCR teams..who knows next seasons, mas magiging ganado at competitive na ito, kasi naabot nila ang sweet 16 groupings.