PDA

View Full Version : ONE U begins airing today

durden_tyler
09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
http://btv.com.ph/images/thumb_oneu.jpg

One U is the newest of the recap-features-news show of the college basketball scene, anything-and-everything college hoops in the Philippines--- yes, not only the more popular NCAA and UAAP but ALL university basketball across the islands!

Outside the news and update persona, the show will also serve as the hype-machine of the Philippine Collegiate Championship--- where the who's who in the college scene battle it out to decide who indeed is the best college squad in the land!

That's the description off the official BTV site.

Initial airing of the show is today, 5PM on CS/RPN with a replay at 9PM on BTV!

Comments? Suggestions? Post away.

The_Big_Cat
09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
They should have started this program in the pre-season. Nasa final four stages na kasi ang NCAA/UAAP.
Anyways, better late than never.

durden_tyler
09-02-2008, 06:34 PM
That was the plan actually. But because of a bigger project called the Olympics, Solar decided to move the airing to a later date. Yes, unfortunately it is late but not too late for the Final Four then eventually the Philippine Collegiate Championship.

Anyone caught the first episode? Any comments and suggestions?

abcdef
09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Medyo di pa ok yung girl na kasama nila. . . . :) Pero I know it will just get better. Good luck!

Out_Of_The_Blue
09-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Pansin ko lang na parang ginaya nila ang Basketball Crazy ng Gameface.ph and Makisig.

Ang 1 U naman Inbound Pass and Solar pero limited nga lang pala sa College hoops ang topic samantalang ang Basketball Crazy all about Philippine Basketball which is what Gameface is all about. Ang maganda lang sa 1 U nasa Free TV pero ang Basketball Crazy papunta na rin ng TFC Global.

Umaapaw sa sponsors and Basketball Crazy samatalang ang 1 U wala ni isa. Di ba dapat maski isa man lang meron yan?

Siguro dapat i-promote nyo rin ang Basketball Crazy sa Inbound Pass para patas and promotion sa 2 sites at hindi mag-away. Kung hindi, parang nang-iisa lang ang 1 U dito. Maraming magagalit na Gamefacers dyan e alam nyo naman na loyal kami dito.

Tsaka yung analyisis nung mga taga Inbound Pass mabababaw at dry. Parang alam na nating lahat ng sinabi nila dito sa Gameface. Wala bang kakaiba o ganyan lang talaga ang napupulot sa Inbound Pass?

Iba pa rin yung dating ni Bill Cosme at ang malalim na analysis ni Joe Buduan. Tracy vs Krissy? Obvious naman na Tracy ang panalo dito di ba? Si Mico Halili napaka monotonous ang boses. Nakakarindi.

Howard the Duck
09-03-2008, 01:38 AM
the female host needs to get better or else :P

The_Big_Cat
09-03-2008, 09:26 AM
It was an excellent debut for the program.

Kim and Mike are excellent writers. But doing TV analysis is a different thing. Medyo nahirapan si Kim. You can see it na medyo nahirapan siya i-explain you points niya in television as evident with his gestures.

I dont like na pati yung sapatos nila kuha din ng camera.
Gandahan din ang background set similar to ESPN Sportscenter or FOX SportsNews.

This show reminds me of the Solar Sports Desk a couple of years ago. Maganda siguro kung gagandahan nila ang graphics and borrow footages from Studio23 when doing game analysis on NCAA/UAAP games. Last night while making analysis on certain games, the only thing they could show on the screen where photos.

lekiboy
09-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Medyo di pa ok yung girl na kasama nila. . . .* :) Pero I know it will just get better. Good luck!

hindi medyo - di talaga ok :)

- well, you know, it's kinda wanna, it's like this e... :)

am sure they will do a better one next round.

tigerman
09-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Maganda siguro kung gagandahan nila ang graphics and borrow footages from Studio23 when doing game analysis on NCAA/UAAP games. Last night while making analysis on certain games, the only thing they could show on the screen where photos.

Let's not forget the falling out of Abs-Cbn and Solar.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

myktristan
09-03-2008, 02:48 PM
they've got to be more insightful on their opinions..

yznier
09-03-2008, 04:00 PM
They did show one video clip from ABS CBN Sports. So maybe S23 is open to working with One U.

The_Big_Cat
09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
They did show one video clip from ABS CBN Sports. So maybe S23 is open to working with One U.

The clip they showed was La Salle vs Adamson.

Wang-Bu
09-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Pwede bang si Ma'am Krissy Tiu na lang ang solo host ng buong palabas...? Talaga naman ang mga Tiu, nagbabad na talaga sa larangan ng telebisyon! ;D

Sa totoo lang wala naman sinabi sa palabas ni Sir Mico na hindi pa alam ng lahat ng mga totoong fans ng larong busluan. Puro basa lang ang ginawa nila sa standings at sa Final 4 ng NC at UA. Ang mas matindi pa diyan lahat naman ng sinabi nila nasabi at napag-usapan at natalakay ng lahat dito sa ating pinagpipitagang Gameface.

May sinabi pa si Sir Mico na "where you get credible information and discussion". Naman.

Tapos nandito naman ang Gameface naki-partner pa sila dun sa mga nakuryente tungkol dun sa FEU player na sablay daw ang eligibility. Akda iyon ng kanilang magaling na manunulat na si Joseph Ramos. Na-high blood tuloy si Sir Dark Knight natin. *

Buena mano pa lang naman. Sana naman mas gumana nga.

aircanda
09-03-2008, 09:48 PM
the female host needs to get better or else* :P

ok lang.. kakainlab naman eh.. i love you krissy ;D

danny
09-04-2008, 05:28 AM
Inboundpass articles are simply narratives of events that unfolded. Just your ordinary news.

Sam Ekwe bailed out the Red Lions en route to a thrilling 62-58 come-from-behind victory against San Sebastian College-Recoletos to book a place in the Final Four of the 84th NCAA menís basketball tournament last September 3, 2008 at the Pasay Astrodome.

The Stags were on top, 48-38, at the end of three quarters thanks to Franz Delgadoís impressive shooting. But Ekwe responded by rattling in 13 of his 24 points in the final quarter as the Red Lions held their ground and became the first team to enter the semifinals.

Pascual handed the Red Lions the lead in crunch time, 59-58, when he completed a lay-up with only 50.6 ticks to go. That proved to be the go-ahead basket that put away the Stags, who ended the elimination round at 9-5.

If I wanted to know the kind of defensive play employed by San Sebastian during this recent game, you wont get it from there. You have to go here in gameface and look for an answer.

I got the answer from oca here in gameface. To paraphrase:

San Sebastian employed a 2-3 Zone Defense that nearly defeated the Red Lions. The same 2-3 Zone used in their encounter during the first round. This fact will reveal that the 2-3 zone attack employed by Frankie did not work during the greater part of the game.

As to the particular 2-3 zone attack, I don't want to know. ;D

Did inbounpass mentioned that simple fact in their recent article? Nope. Because it's just a news article. Not an analysis of the game. If they want credibility, expand their news story with an analysis that even those who cannot watch the games can imagine what transpired from a hardcore point of view.

Then you still have to contend with the freaking posters in that site. Unmoderated na nga, pumapatol pa ang ibang columnists.

danny
09-04-2008, 05:32 AM
As to the new program, why compete with Basketball Crazy? ;D

The_Big_Cat
09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
I guess this program (ONE U) signals the interest of Solar Entertainment in acquiring the NCAA and UAAP in the future.

oca
09-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Inboundpass articles are simply narratives of events that unfolded. Just your ordinary news.

Sam Ekwe bailed out the Red Lions en route to a thrilling 62-58 come-from-behind victory against San Sebastian College-Recoletos to book a place in the Final Four of the 84th NCAA menís basketball tournament last September 3, 2008 at the Pasay Astrodome.

The Stags were on top, 48-38, at the end of three quarters thanks to Franz Delgadoís impressive shooting. But Ekwe responded by rattling in 13 of his 24 points in the final quarter as the Red Lions held their ground and became the first team to enter the semifinals.

Pascual handed the Red Lions the lead in crunch time, 59-58, when he completed a lay-up with only 50.6 ticks to go. That proved to be the go-ahead basket that put away the Stags, who ended the elimination round at 9-5.

If I* wanted to know the kind of* defensive play employed by San Sebastian during this recent game, you wont get it from there. You have to go here in gameface and look for an answer.

I got the answer from oca here in gameface.* To paraphrase:

San Sebastian employed a 2-3 Zone Defense that nearly defeated the Red Lions. The same 2-3 Zone used in their encounter during the first round. This fact will reveal that the 2-3 zone attack employed by Frankie did not work during the greater part of the game.

As to the particular 2-3 zone attack, I don't want to know.* ;D

Did* inbounpass mentioned that simple fact in their recent article? Nope. Because it's just a news article. Not an analysis of the game. If they want credibility, expand their news story with an analysis that even those who cannot watch the games can* imagine what transpired from a hardcore point of view.

Then you still have to contend with the freaking posters in that site. Unmoderated na nga, pumapatol pa ang ibang columnists.

Inboundpass?

Nung sumila, nag-post pa ako dun. But after the article on the PCU Junior players based on "reliable sources", an article written in a manner which made the players as being part of the conspiracy and not as victims, di na ako nakihalubilo.

I asked them to go back to their "reliable source" and spell out the involvement of each player. Hindi yung isang general statement na lumalabas na lahat ay "kasangkot".

Wala, di binalikan yung "reliable source", at hinayaan na lang mamatay yung isyu na sila kuno ang naka-scoop.

Pero binibisita ko pa rin ang site, nakalagay kasi sa homepage nila ang game sched ng UAAP at NCAA na may kasamang team standings. Pero yung makipag-diskusyon?

Mas mabuti pa ang PEX. Dahil sa PEX walang pretensions! *::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

But I have long ceased posting at PEX, kahit makigulo *;D ;D ;D ;D ;D hindi na. Ilang beses na ako na-ban at wala na akong maisip na handle. ::) ::) ::) ::)

oca
09-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I guess this program (ONE U) signals the interest of Solar Entertainment in acquiring the NCAA and UAAP in the future.

I think that's a given. It's within the core of their of business.

Chronologically, UAAP's current contract will expire first. Having said that, kung sakali at kung sakali lang naman, makuha ng Solar ang UAAP, I can just imagine ABS-CBN billing the NCAA as the premier collegiate league in the country!

The NCAA will get Sat and Sun play day and airtime!

Ang UAAP naman, well, with the PBA coverage under Solar and the overlapping schedule of the PBA with the collegiate calendar, it is logical to ask if they can still have both Sat and Sun live coverage for the entire season.

But if the UAAP Board Reps are smart and trully care about the league and sports, if Solar makes a bid, kung patas lang with ABS-CBN, ibigay na sa Solar.

Why?

Solar has the airtime to showcase other sports. They may even take it upon themselves to develop some sports as a "product".

Hindi tulad ng ABS-CBN, tinaman ng ewan yang mga yan, kung hindi pa pinasikat ng Shakey's ang volleyball, hindi bibigyan ng live coverage ang nasabing sport.

Simply, after all these years, what UAAP sport can ABS-CBN claim as they who developed?

abcdef
09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Sir oca baka naman next time nasa 1 U ka na. . . . hehehe!

jpmalpas
09-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Medyo boring kasi wala man lang video clips, puro pictures lang at salita, pero ok narin kasi madami ding info na malalaman. :D

Out_Of_The_Blue
09-04-2008, 07:43 PM
^^^ Ano pa bang mga bagay tungkol sa Collegiate Basketball ang hindi pa natin nalalaman dito sa Gameface? ;)

Out_Of_The_Blue
09-04-2008, 07:47 PM

Bakit nga ba hindi na lang sila nag partner sa Gameface?

Gameface, bakit nga ba hindi na lang Solar ang naging partner nyo kesa dun sa malayyong channel pa kayo nagpunta? ???

jpmalpas
09-04-2008, 08:10 PM
^^^ Ano pa bang mga bagay tungkol sa Collegiate Basketball ang hindi pa natin nalalaman dito sa Gameface?* ;)

Yung mga possible scenario para sa Final 4 ng NCAA, hanggang ngayon malaking palaisipan padin... :o

Out_Of_The_Blue
09-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Palaisipan na ba sa iyo yun? :D

Magbasa ka lang dito iho at marami kang mapupulot na hindi obvious. Sipagan mo lang ang paghahanap. He he he.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Mas mabuti pa ang PEX. Dahil sa PEX walang pretensions! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

But I have long ceased posting at PEX, kahit makigulo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D hindi na. Ilang beses na ako na-ban at wala na akong maisip na handle. ::) ::) ::) ::)

If PEX is better, I could just imagine! The horror! Tagal ko narin di nakigulo sa PEX e.:o

In fairness to inboundpass.com, ok yung home page nila. Very informative naman. Satin kasi, medyo hindi nauupdate. PEro kung sa forum lang, the best tayo. ;D

jpmalpas
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Palaisipan na ba sa iyo yun?* :D

Magbasa ka lang dito iho at marami kang mapupulot na hindi obvious. Sipagan mo lang ang paghahanap. He he he.

Hindi lang sakin, kundi sa lahat, yun nga eh, wala kang mahahanap dito, lahat ng mga poster dito eh "What if" din ang tanong... *::)

gameface_one
09-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Mas mabuti pa ang PEX. Dahil sa PEX walang pretensions!* ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

But I have long ceased posting at PEX, kahit makigulo* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D hindi na. Ilang beses na ako na-ban at wala na akong maisip na handle. ::) ::) ::) ::)

If PEX is better, I could just imagine! The horror! Tagal ko narin di nakigulo sa PEX e.:o

In fairness to inboundpass.com, ok yung home page nila. Very informative naman. Satin kasi, medyo hindi nauupdate. PEro kung sa forum lang, the best tayo. ;D

The Gameface Media Forum is where the latest updates and news are posted. The homepage is reserved in general for analyses, opinions, and feature articles.

Out_Of_The_Blue
09-04-2008, 09:12 PM

Hindi lang sakin, kundi sa lahat, yun nga eh, wala kang mahahanap dito, lahat ng mga poster dito eh "What if" din ang tanong... *::)

Mukhang sa iyo lang yata kasi obvious naman yung scenarios sa final four. Pag obvious ang hinanap mo, wala ka talagang makikita dito. Kailangan dito may mas malalim na pag-aarok at pagmumuni-muni. Pag hindi mo nakuha agad, mapapahiya ka lang.

Sa Pex at Inboundpass lang meron ng mga obvious. Kaya ayon, ang laman ng websites nila, mga walang katuturan.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 09:16 PM
The Gameface Media Forum is where the latest updates and news are posted. The homepage is reserved in general for analyses, opinions, and feature articles.

Yun nga lang, we are not accesible to non-members. ;D

jpmalpas
09-04-2008, 09:18 PM

Ok sabi mo eh. Bow!

Mukhang sa iyo lang yata kasi obvious naman yung scenarios sa final four. Pag obvious ang hinanap mo, wala ka talagang makikita dito. Kailangan dito may mas malalim na pag-aarok at pagmumuni-muni. Pag hindi mo nakuha agad, mapapahiya ka lang.

Sa Pex at Inboundpass lang meron ng mga obvious. Kaya ayon, ang laman ng websites nila, mga walang katuturan.

jpmalpas
09-04-2008, 09:21 PM

Obvious ba? So masasagot mo lahat ng tanong ko? :D And sa tingin ko hindi naman ako napahiya eh, anung gagawin ko kung hindi ko talaga alam dba? Mas nakakahiya naman kung magmamarunong ako... :D

nastrans
09-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Pansin ko lang na parang ginaya nila ang Basketball Crazy ng Gameface.ph and Makisig.

Ang 1 U naman Inbound Pass and Solar pero limited nga lang pala sa College hoops ang topic samantalang ang Basketball Crazy all about Philippine Basketball which is what Gameface is all about. Ang maganda lang sa 1 U nasa Free TV pero ang Basketball Crazy papunta na rin ng TFC Global.

Umaapaw sa sponsors and Basketball Crazy samatalang ang 1 U wala ni isa. Di ba dapat maski isa man lang meron yan?

Siguro dapat i-promote nyo rin ang Basketball Crazy sa Inbound Pass para patas and promotion sa 2 sites at hindi mag-away. Kung hindi, parang nang-iisa lang ang 1 U dito. Maraming magagalit na Gamefacers dyan e alam nyo naman na loyal kami dito.

Tsaka yung analyisis nung mga taga Inbound Pass mabababaw at dry. Parang alam na nating lahat ng sinabi nila dito sa Gameface. Wala bang kakaiba o ganyan lang talaga ang napupulot sa Inbound Pass?

Iba pa rin yung dating ni Bill Cosme at ang malalim na analysis ni Joe Buduan. Tracy vs Krissy? Obvious naman na Tracy ang panalo dito di ba? Si Mico Halili napaka monotonous ang boses. Nakakarindi.

OK lang naman na meron pang isang basketball TV program eh, sure they are different pero ganun lang talaga certain programs should have distinct character hindi yung gagayahin lang yung format, kung baga they compliment each other.

Parang lang yan dito sa mga websites na last 2-3 years ay naglipana, Gameface focus on deep analysis, yung Inbound more on hard news and controversial issues, yung Ubelt statistics photos konting writeup etc. kaya pinupuntahan sila dahil may iba silang inoffer sa nagbabasa at sa type ng content na gustong makita ng isang reader.

bossman
09-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Galing sana concept ng show. Kaso si Mico Halili host. Parang si Sev Sarmienta. Dami ad lib sa mga sasabihin..

Out_Of_The_Blue
09-05-2008, 10:00 AM

Obvious ba? So masasagot mo lahat ng tanong ko? :D And sa tingin ko hindi naman ako napahiya eh, anung gagawin ko kung hindi ko talaga alam dba? Mas nakakahiya naman kung magmamarunong ako... :D

Natumbok mo!

That's why you are in gameface. People here are trained to read/research and think first before posting anything. Suggest you do the steps. We will not baby sit you.

Jeep
09-05-2008, 10:08 AM

Gameface, bakit nga ba hindi na lang Solar ang naging partner nyo kesa dun sa malayyong channel pa kayo nagpunta?* ???

yeah, i was wondering about this, too? any of our gameface higher-ups care to respond?

jpmalpas
09-05-2008, 10:09 AM

Natumbok mo!

That's why you are in gameface. People here are trained to read/research and think first before posting anything. Suggest you do the steps. We will not baby sit you.

Ok, thank you.

gameface_one
09-05-2008, 10:24 AM

Gameface, bakit nga ba hindi na lang Solar ang naging partner nyo kesa dun sa malayyong channel pa kayo nagpunta?* ???

yeah, i was wondering about this, too? any of our gameface higher-ups care to respond?

The Basketball Crazy project with Makisig was planned and offered ahead of the One U project. And economically, the deal with Makisig is a lot better.

Jeep
09-05-2008, 10:35 AM
^thanks for the quick reply, gameface one! at this point in the season, it appears the two programs are direct competitors. but since "basketball crazy" has a wider scope, it should run throughout the year. 1-u would, at most, reach until the PCCL, which is, what? til the end of the year?

but both programs have given us an indication of how huge varsity hoops has become. walang mga ganyan dati. appears we're going in the direction of US basketball, where the NCAA is bigger than the NBA. bakit kaya, 'no? why does college ball appeal to a broader audience than the pros? that could be an altogether different thread.

durden_tyler
09-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the input. Krissy is a bit struggling yes. But in her defense, it was her first (ever?) show on television. i thought she did pretty nice albeit with LOTS of room for improvement.

i haven't watched Basketball Crazy because i have Destiny and there's no Makisig there (or am i wrong?) so i have no point of comparison between the two shows. Although i beg to disagree that this goes head to head since BC is catering to all of basketball and not just college hoops. From my observations with the articles, threads and write-ups and in my OPINION, BC is much alike House of Hoops with a major difference-- the former concentrating on the local scene and the latter catering the NBA--- which eventually invade the other basketball in the country as well.

Personally, i am just excited that there are lots of basketball shows in town. It's the way that it should be. i do hope despite the rivalries (shows, leagues, websites, etc.) we are all doing this for the love of the game.

gameface_one
09-05-2008, 03:53 PM
^^^ There should be no competition but COOPETITION instead. Gameface and Basketball Crazy cater to the broader Philippine Basketball Industry. Inboundpass and One U cater to NCR Collegiate Basketball.

Gameface is open to partnerships with the other websites and media entities > all for the benefit and promotion of Philippine Basketball.

Bottomline, this is good for all of us fans of the game.

Wang-Bu
09-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Basta walang blind item ayos lang, hindi ba Sir Dark Knight...? ;D

nastrans
09-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I agree, kasi parang pinagaawayan pa ang both programs but in reality parang complimentary lang sila despite being a direct competitor to one another.

bossman
09-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Mico definitely sucks for OneU

lekiboy
09-06-2008, 12:15 AM

sa akin ok naman...di naman ganun kasama...pero pag naalala ko si pia arcangel...yun!!! :):):)

aircanda
09-06-2008, 11:54 AM
^^ I agree... sa tingen ko nga eh siya ang nagdadala ng show..

The_Big_Cat
09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
I would like to see a segment for the TOP 10 PLAYS OF THE WEEK combined NCAA & UAAP.

durden_tyler
09-08-2008, 12:05 PM

How so? Expound a little bit? i think he is one of the most versatile sports hosts in the business and is pretty adept with college basketball.

The_Big_Cat
09-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I guess they are not used to seeing Mico on Solar Entertainment yet. ;D

I think Mico is doing a fabulous job on ONE U.

The_Big_Cat
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Sino mga guest mamaya? ???

durden_tyler
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Tonight's analysts include Mr. Charlie Cuna and Mr. Sid Ventura. Cuna is a PBA anchor and Ventura, a known columnist from UBELT.COM--- both are members of the inboundpass.com team as well.

durden_tyler
09-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Mr. Tony Atayde (The Green Mind) makes his debut in One U on Tuesday, September 16. Should be interesting considering it's Ateneo vs. La Salle in the Finals.

durden_tyler
09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Also, One U will start releasing the Regional Power Rankings--- a precursor to ONE national rankings in the next couple of weeks.

boozer
09-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Sana magkaroon din tayo ng show na parang Maalala Mo Kaya Basketball Edition.

Yung tipong nagsimulang mahirap at nagsikap naging superstar PBA Player o pwede rin naman nating kunin ang matinding tambalan ni Kojak at ni Anne Curtis sa mga susunod na palabas. Maalala Mo Kaya Episode: "Si Mabagsik at Si Maganda". :D

Wish ko lang naman. Unfortunately, I don't have Solar on my Cable Provider to watch the show. Haven't back read yet to see if its shown on CS/RPN 9.

durden_tyler
09-15-2008, 06:40 PM
ONE U airs on CS/RPN at 5PM on Tuesdays as well.

john_paul_manahan
09-16-2008, 03:02 PM
thanks DT. nice to see you here.

bossman
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Krissy Tiu, The Best!

abcdef
09-16-2008, 10:34 PM
As an NCAA fan nakaka badtrip dahil ni isa sa kanila di man lang makapag bigay ng substantial na info reagrding sa laban tom. Its an Ateneo-La Salle Show. kainis.

Out_Of_The_Blue
09-16-2008, 11:32 PM
^^^Nagtaka ka pa e ang Inboundpass is 95% UAAP coverage lang ang ginagawa at si Mico wala namang alam kundi Ateneo at La salle lang. Bakit kaya hindi nila imbitahin si Joe para makapagbigay ng malalim na diskuyunan pati na rin sa NAASCU, FMC, NCRAA, CESAFi, at iba pa.

Over-all it's still a BOOOOORRRRINNNNGGGG show for me. Lahat ng sinabi nila, alam na natin dito. Sana meron namang bago na hindi natin alam pa.

yungha
09-17-2008, 09:53 AM
no one took a stand. on franz - "it's his choice, let's respect it." on la revilla - "he's a kid, let's give him the benefit of the doubt." on the ateneo-la salle series - "it'll be tough to call." either you agree with them or you don't. either you think they're right or you think they're wrong. either you think Ateneo or La salle will win the championship. either way, make a stand. don't burn valuable tv time telling people you don't have an opinion.

coreytaylor
09-17-2008, 10:02 AM
^^^ it was all mr. atayde's opinion when it came to the controversial topics. the other were :-X

The_Big_Cat
09-17-2008, 10:06 AM
As an NCAA fan nakaka badtrip dahil ni isa sa kanila di man lang makapag bigay ng substantial na info reagrding sa laban tom. Its an Ateneo-La Salle Show. kainis.

Obviously, the hosts are more inclined to the UAAP. I thought this was a college basketball show dedicated to the entire Philippine collegiate basketball scene? ONEU should get another analyst to balance the show regarding the NCAA and UAAP.

At one point, the "sissy girl" referred San Beda as "Lions" and not RED LIONS. Obvious naman na hindi siya familiar sa NCAA. >:( I suggest get another analyst that is very familiar with the NCAA.

I noticed last night in the "noisemaker" segment, nahihiya si Kim to give his personal reaction to the Revilla misconduct. He described it as "Stupid". From his facial reactions, gusto pa niya sanang dagdagan yung reaction niya pero nahiya kay kumpadreng Tony.

Wang-Bu
09-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Sangayon sa graphic na pinakita nila nung Power Rankings na taga-NCRAA daw ang STI.

Ewan ko lang pero sa tinagal-tagal ko dito sa Gameface at sangayon na din mismo kay Sir Mhel Garrido sa NAASCU nakasanib ang STI.

May mas malala pa silang atraso: nauuna ang STI (number 10 yata) kaysa sa San Sebastian Cavite (Number 11 o 12 naman) sa Power Rankings nila, samantalang pangatlong linggo ng nangunguna sa talaan ng NAASCU ang Bay Cats. Ano pa ba kelangan gawin ng San Sebastian Cavite para makauna naman sila sa rankings na 'yan? Nung huling linggo 9-2 sila, 8-3 lang ang STI, as of nitong Lunes lang 10-2 pa din sila tapos 9-3 naman ang STI. Una pa din sa kanila si STI sa rankings...?

Ano ba naman 'yan! Sasabihin mo autoridad ka sa larong busluan sa kolehiyo tapos ganyan lang hindi mo pa maayos. Huwag niyong sabihin wala man lang nagre-review niyan bago i-flash on-screen. Talaga nga naman basta may kinalaman ang mga magagaling na naka-scoop sa "FEU Eligibility Issue", hataw sa credibilidad.

Nakakadismaya din na walang alam sa NCAA ang mga sinasabi nilang eksperto nila. Papano kaya naging "expert" ang isang tao na aminado at umamin mismo sa ere na halos wala siyang alam sa NCAA? Tapos sila pa ipipilit mong kunan ng kuro-kuro at analysis sa napak-importanteng mga labanan sa NCAA?

Naman...

Kunin niyo dito sina Sir Chba-Dude, Sir Lion, Sir Escalera, Sir Get-Blazed, di hamak malamang na mas may katuturan pa usapan ukol sa NCAA.

Ginagawa niyo namang mangmang sa larong busluan ang mga tao...

O sige compromise na lang tayo: basta si KRISSY TIU na lang makikita on-cam kahit ano pang sablay sabihin niya ayos lang sa amin. ;D

abcdef
09-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Mas maganda pa yung dating show ng Solar Sports yung tatlo sila na Jude. Mas natuto pa ako dun yun nga lang all sports discussion yun.

Malamang naman nakikisilip ang mga taga inboundpass dito eh mabuti ng malaman nila na napaka lame ng analysis nila and wala man lang bago sa mga sina sabi nila. They should analyse and give their opinion and not "parrot" what is already stated.

MEdyo di maganda ang simula niyo and malamang na mas obvious na di nila kilala yung mga teams na pumasok sa power rankings nila kung ang taga NCAA nga di nila gamay.

durden_tyler
09-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Again, thanks for the input. Will send your thoughts to the producers/writers of the show.

Unfortunately, all the Noisemakers were of the green variety--- it was the hottest issues this week so that kind of dictated the content for that segment. NCAA playoff pairings were featured on the U-Scene segment. It's a matter of the week's important topics dictating the bulk of the content.

no one took a stand. on franz - "it's his choice, let's respect it." on la revilla - "he's a kid, let's give him the benefit of the doubt." on the ateneo-la salle series - "it'll be tough to call." either you agree with them or you don't. either you think they're right or you think they're wrong. either you think Ateneo or La salle will win the championship. either way, make a stand. don't burn valuable tv time telling people you don't have an opinion.

Well, Mr. Atayde took a stand. Too bad Kim didn't aggressively go against him.

I noticed last night in the "noisemaker" segment, nahihiya si Kim to give his personal reaction to the Revilla misconduct. He described it as "Stupid". From his facial reactions, gusto pa niya sanang dagdagan yung reaction niya pero nahiya kay kumpadreng Tony.

Again, i agree. Kim was iffy of what to say and how to say it because of Mr. Atayde.

Sangayon sa graphic na pinakita nila nung Power Rankings na taga-NCRAA daw ang STI.
Ewan ko lang pero sa tinagal-tagal ko dito sa Gameface at sangayon na din mismo kay Sir Mhel Garrido sa NAASCU nakasanib ang STI.

You are right. STI is from NAASCU and NOT NCRAA.

By the way, the rankings are provided by the same people who decide on the SBP-PCC Power Rankings that is published on papers and websites weekly.

Again, thank you for the input.

Out_Of_The_Blue
09-17-2008, 01:23 PM
durden, why don't you ask Solar to partner also with Gameface.ph? Hindi naman siguro exclusive yung partnership nyo with Inboundpass right? Siguro naman hindi rin exclusive ang partnerhsip ng Makisig with Gameface?

At least, pag nangyari yan, mas may credibility na ang show nyo when it comes to college ball and I'm sure the gameface team can contribute a lot on how to make your show more interesting and fun for the hardcore fans. E kami pa lang na members ng gameface captured market nyo na. Puede rin naman siguro na mag work together na lang ang Inboundpass with Gameface o kaya balitaktakan sila ng kuro-kuro tunkol sa college hoops. Dyan makikita ang magaling.

Sana i-represent nina manong bchoter, pio valenz, mateen cleaves, Lion, Toti, Danny, chba_dude, Kid Cubao, Yungha, JemBengzon, atbp ang gameface vs sila Tony Atayde, Kim, Mike, atbp ng inboundpass.

Teka, parang mismatch yata in favor of gameface yung line-up na yon a.

lekiboy
09-17-2008, 02:11 PM
durden, why don't you ask Solar to partner also with Gameface.ph? Hindi naman siguro exclusive yung partnership nyo with Inboundpass right? Siguro naman hindi rin exclusive ang partnerhsip ng Makisig with Gameface?

At least, pag nangyari yan, mas may credibility na ang show nyo when it comes to college ball and I'm sure the gameface team can contribute a lot on how to make your show more interesting and fun for the hardcore fans. E kami pa lang na members ng gameface captured market nyo na. Puede rin naman siguro na mag work together na lang ang Inboundpass with Gameface o kaya balitaktakan sila ng kuro-kuro tunkol sa college hoops. Dyan makikita ang magaling.

Sana i-represent nina manong bchoter, pio valenz, mateen cleaves, Lion, Toti, Danny, chba_dude, Kid Cubao, Yungha, JemBengzon, atbp ang gameface vs sila Tony Atayde, Kim, Mike, atbp ng inboundpass.

OOTB,
kahit naman yata pantay ang bilang, mismatch pa rin e...

pio_valenz
09-17-2008, 04:32 PM
^Some One U personalities are actually active posters here, you know.

durden_tyler
09-17-2008, 06:08 PM

That is not bad a suggestion at all. Will forward it to the producers of ONE U.

bossman
09-17-2008, 10:14 PM

That is not bad a suggestion at all. Will forward it to the producers of ONE U.

Sana naman. Para we can hear the voice of the Gameface.

wilhelm
09-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Mico seems a bit old for the show may pagka professor-student yung dating ng dalawa eh. The show could use hosts who can interact well and has personalities, someone like Sharon Yu or Lia Cruz for this. Jude "Kaboom" Turcuatco or Aaron Atayde, son of Tony Atayde

Good set and logo

Get_Blazed
09-19-2008, 08:11 PM
I move that C|S should air One U in a later timeslot(say, 9 PM also). I have not seen one episode of One U since its first airing, due to the inconvenient 5 PM timeslot(not yet home by this hour). I do not have BTV in my bedroom, and that is where I usually watch TV at night. :-X

durden_tyler
09-20-2008, 01:33 AM
^ Unfortunately, changing time slots is not that easy... Anyway, 9PM airing of ONE U is on BTV.

About Mico being too mature... i beg to disagree, he is still one of the relatively young sports mind in the business but with already lots of experience and exposure... i feel he adapts well to any basketball-related discussions easily with his knowledge of the game...

abcdef
09-20-2008, 05:01 PM
So what would be the topic come tuesday? Another UAAP show? ???

Get_Blazed
09-21-2008, 08:47 PM
^ Unfortunately, changing time slots is not that easy... Anyway, 9PM airing of ONE U is on BTV.

About Mico being too mature... i beg to disagree, he is still one of the relatively young sports mind in the business but with already lots of experience and exposure... i feel he adapts well to any basketball-related discussions easily with his knowledge of the game...

Ouch, then I would not be able to watch One U. Ayoko sa salas pag gabi walagn aircon. ;D

lekiboy
09-21-2008, 09:21 PM

yun ang nagpasama lalo, pio. :(

durden_tyler
09-22-2008, 01:20 AM
So what would be the topic come tuesday? Another UAAP show?

Of course, the the usual hot topics would be discussed. Including of course, the hottest game in town between the Archers and Eagles ;)

NCAA Final Four will have it's spot and some plus this year's best (or worst?) performers in college ball.

Ouch, then I would not be able to watch One U. Ayoko sa salas pag gabi walagn aircon.

Too bad :( Guess they lost one bball fan because of the humidity. Such things they can not control. ;)

yun ang nagpasama lalo, pio

Can't please 'em all.

bchoter
09-25-2008, 10:27 PM

yun ang nagpasama lalo, pio. :(
May pogi dun... yung nakasalamin ;)

pio_valenz
09-26-2008, 07:03 PM
^Si Mico Halili? :D

CM_Punk
09-26-2008, 07:50 PM
^ Of course. Mico is such a heartthrob!! heheh.* ;D

pepman
09-26-2008, 08:31 PM
^^
Na SMALL but TERRIBLE!

durden_tyler
09-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Great show tomorrow.

Some Eagles land in the studio to share their thoughts after the title run... One U visited Region 3 for the Bicol/Quezon qualifiers (for PCC Zonal) and updates the Brackets as well... Of course, San Beda or JRU will be among the champions later this week and One U will discuss that as well...

Out_Of_The_Blue
09-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Is that live like their guesting in Basketball Crazy last night or just taped in advance?

By the way, what happened to the suggestion that One U guest or partner with Gameface?

bossman
09-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Gameface and OneU could be great partners. With some of the people here have insights not just on the mainstream basketball. We could get in depth analysis from people who knows the game.

Mang_Roger
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
The show's title should be changed to "One UAAP" instead of 1-U.

Last episode supposedly showcased champions from both the NCAA and UAAP. But it's all ateneo. Guests and hosts are all from ateneo and 90% of the show was everything ateneo.

Paningit ang NCAA and other leagues.

For NCAA fans, better watch other shows.

MonL
10-02-2008, 11:26 AM

Last episode supposedly showcased champions from both the NCAA and UAAP. But it's all ateneo. Guests and hosts are all from ateneo and 90% of the show was everything ateneo.

Tuesday's episode of Hardball equalized that somewhat. Sayang di ko napanood. :(

lekiboy
10-02-2008, 12:17 PM

perfect of example of the concept " KULANG SA KAMULATAN"

abcdef
10-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Hayaan na natin. Ganun naman kasi talaga pag hindi malalim ang foundation sa Collegiate Basketball.

Kung hindi dahil sa gameface di ko nakilala ang Ateneo-San BEda Rivalry at mga pangalan ng mga outstanding collegiate players who never made it to the Big hoops.

Suggestion to One U, sana mag lurk kayo dito sa gameface para kahit kaunti, kaunti lang. May malaman kayo about OTHER LEAGUES other than UAAP.

lekiboy
10-02-2008, 01:23 PM

perfect of example of the concept " KULANG SA KAMULATAN"

this should have read: perfect example of the concept " KULANG SA KAMULATAN"

The_Big_Cat
10-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Pareho pa ang opening audio theme sa isang ANC show.

Reema Changco would have been a better analyst than Krissy.
Laging "tumitili" si Krissy everytime she speaks.
Krissy needs to get rid of her giggles, nagmumukhang "girlie show" ang programa.

Mhel_Garrido
10-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I just got the news that Krissy Tiu is a part of One U.
COngrats.

And just like what I always tell her since she was playing for the Ateneo

"#14 I'm Krissy for TIU!!!"

Dapat One TIu na lang title niyo or Love Tiu!!!! ayyy
congrats sa show.

durden_tyler
10-05-2008, 03:21 PM

'wag naman po ganun. ;) There's a certain term called "time constraints"

For October 07 episode, ONE U will have (some of) the core players from the NCAA championship team San Beda Red Lions. (Obviously, di sila pwede last week kasi kakachampion lang nila nun ;) ) as guests. Also, a new feature called the Scouting Report (New face or rather an unknown player in the college scene to be profiled) will be on tap... First up is Ramon Mabayo, a forward for the STI Olympians from the NAASCU. Speaking of which the show will also feature highlights from the recently concluded NAASCU Finals in the USCENE... And of course the latest update on the Philippine Collegiate Championship Regional Qualifiers...

ONE U airing by the way is moved to 6:30 pm on CS9 and 7 pm on BTV starting next episode. We hope you do enjoy the show.

The_Big_Cat
10-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Why not include the Fr. Martin's Cup Division II in your episode for next week?
The semifinals is just over the weekend.

durden_tyler
10-16-2008, 03:54 PM
^ Will forward that to the producers. However, ONE U is concentrating on the teams/leagues which has implications on the general PCC tournament because that is the big thing coming up in basketball the next month.

For Tuesday's episode, we visit the wildcard phase (BTV actually has a couple of games covered, to be aired i believe this Saturday) as 8 teams battle for the last four spots in the zonal competitions.

durden_tyler
10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
One U (October 28) will feature a slight tweak! With Mico and Krissy on leave Dominic Uy and Sharon Yu takes a crack at the hosting chores!

On tap of course is the upcoming zonal championships among other features today...

wilhelm
10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Sharon Yu!!!!! Yaaaayy

chinito_guy
10-28-2008, 04:21 PM

Good Point! ;D

nastrans
10-28-2008, 07:40 PM
On Sharon Yu's appearance in One U:

I thought she showed her natural beauty walang makeup kasi pag coverage ng UAAP akala mo parang manika. Nakatulong din yung nakatali buhok niya, di siya sophisticated as she was in UAAP games.

Yun lang. :D

bossman
10-28-2008, 09:45 PM
One U (October 28) will feature a slight tweak! With Mico and Krissy on leave Dominic Uy and Sharon Yu takes a crack at the hosting chores!

On tap of course is the upcoming zonal championships among other features today...

This is very good for the show. A host that really knows his basketball and a lady who is also into the mainstream basketball.

aircanda
10-28-2008, 10:48 PM
On Sharon Yu's appearance in One U:

I thought she showed her natural beauty walang makeup kasi pag coverage ng UAAP akala mo parang manika. Nakatulong din yung nakatali buhok niya, di siya sophisticated as she was in UAAP games.

Yun lang. :D

sana maging regular na ren si Sharon.. kasama niya si Krissy.. talagang mapapanood ako niyan.. ;D

chinito_guy
10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Matanong lang po, TIU ba ang last name ni Krissy? at kung TIU man kambal nya ba si Chris TIU ng eagles?? Just asking ;D

pio_valenz
10-29-2008, 11:52 AM
^They're cousins.

chinito_guy
10-29-2008, 12:49 PM
^They're cousins.

thnks!

durden_tyler
11-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Tomorrow night on ONE U: Luzon Zonals Recap + a feature on Allan Mangahas and the top centers in basketball plus a couple of controversies discussed this week: one involving a UST recruit and the other an altercation between a coach and a referee!

chinito_guy
11-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Tomorrow night on ONE U: Luzon Zonals Recap + a feature on Allan Mangahas and the top centers in basketball plus a couple of controversies discussed this week: one involving a UST recruit and the other an altercation between a coach and a referee!

sir meron ba mga replays ito? mukhang di ko maabutan ung 6:00 at 7:00 pm regular sched nya. How about in Btv may replay ba on weekends?

durden_tyler
11-10-2008, 05:58 PM

sir meron ba mga replays ito? mukhang di ko maabutan ung 6:00 at 7:00 pm regular sched nya. How about in Btv may replay ba on weekends?

i believe the replays are on Thursdays and Saturdays. Not too sure if they changed it and not sure as well of the time... BTV regularly updates their schedule on their website...

durden_tyler
11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
For One U's episode tomorrow, Mico, Krissy and the rest of the guys will be discussing what happened in the Visayas and Mindanao Zonals--- the latter offering the highlight of the week! An unfortunate, ill-advised incident between the Ateneo de Zamboanga 'Blue Eagles' and Xavier University Crusaders (Ateneo de Cagayan) for some Jesuit-flavored, "men for others" (In tagalog, bigayan on the hardwood) brawl!...

Complete article on my blog at www.cheezepaper.blogspot.com (http://www.cheezepaper.blogspot.com)

chinito_guy
11-17-2008, 05:09 PM
For One U's episode tomorrow, Mico, Krissy and the rest of the guys will be discussing what happened in the Visayas and Mindanao Zonals--- the latter offering the highlight of the week! An unfortunate, ill-advised incident between the Ateneo de Zamboanga 'Blue Eagles' and Xavier University Crusaders (Ateneo de Cagayan) for some Jesuit-flavored, "men for others" (In tagalog, bigayan on the hardwood) brawl!...

Complete article on my blog at www.cheezepaper.blogspot.com (http://www.cheezepaper.blogspot.com)

wow pretty interesting episode!* ;D
i also would like to comment on the last episode of 1U.* I don't know but for me it seems like Sir Mike Abasolo is kinda nervous on the set, It's like he is not comfortable speaking in front of the camera, no disrespect though* that is just my impression. Sir Sid Ventura is quite ok, you can see the confidence on the way he speaks about the topic* :D
And I'm beginning to develop a crush on Krissy* :-[ (maybe its in the way she speaks and how intelligently she projects herself in front of the camera)** ::)

durden_tyler
11-17-2008, 06:50 PM

wow pretty interesting episode! ;D
i also would like to comment on the last episode of 1U. I don't know but for me it seems like Sir Mike Abasolo is kinda nervous on the set, It's like he is not comfortable speaking in front of the camera, no disrespect though that is just my impression. Sir Sid Ventura is quite ok, you can see the confidence on the way he speaks about the topic :D
And I'm beginning to develop a crush on Krissy :-[ (maybe its in the way she speaks and how intelligently she projects herself in front of the camera) ::)

Hmmm. i quite agree with you especially on the past few episodes but i still believe he is still the best IP analyst (when he is relaxed) for the entire season. The issue with Sid is that he tends to be too "stiff" at times and a bit too slow for TV (i know he is a very good writer)

As for the observation on Krissy... That's good to hear because he was the show's top choice when she auditioned because you could really tell that she knows what she is talking about and has the looks to boot (A certain A.M. was the second choice but she doesn't know her basketball/sport and it might take its toll in the long run so...)

CrossOver
11-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Sa mga hindi nakapanood ng One U (http://www.youtube.com/oneubasketball) meron sa Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/oneubasketball).

durden_tyler
11-23-2008, 11:49 PM
PCC fever up a notch with the start of Sweet Sixteen tomorrow. One U visits the San Juan Arena to be in the middle of the action!

All the PCC updates and news 6:30 pm on CS9 and 7:00 pm on BTV

(Got to love forums for free plugs)