PDA

View Full Version : UAAP Season 71 Game 14: DLSU Green Archers vs. ADMU Blue Eagles

bigfreeze_bibby
09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
On Saturday, another massive crowd is expected to troop to the Big Dome for this classic rivalry. For practical reasons, this is already a no-bearing game for the Blue Eagles as they are already assured of a twice to beat advantage going to the final four. While for La Salle, this game is still important to secure at least a playoff for the second spot going to the final four and much coveted twice to beat advantage. But as we all know, an Ateneo-La Salle match always does not consider the stats but always carry on the bragging rights of showing who's the better school and team on the hardcourt.

One very good question is whether La Salle bench tactician Franz Pumaren will be available for this game. We all know coach Franz is still unparalleled when it comes to making game time adjustments and decisions and his presence will be very important for the Archers' cause especially for a must-win situation like this. I think Ateneo still has the advantage when it comes to bench depth. Frontline chores alone, the Blue Eagles are unmatched mainly because of vastly improved center Rabeh Al Hussaini and power forward Nonoy Baclao. I still don't know DLSU's gameplan on these two front court behemoths come Saturday.

As to the guards and forwards, I think both teams cancel out. La Salle will rely on Jvee Casio for its scoring and back court firepower while the Eagles have the ever-reliable Chris Tiu and Jai Reyes to power Ateneo's perimeter scoring. DLSU's guards should be wary as well of cat-quick guard Eric Salamat who spreads out the floor very well for the Eagles which creates a lot of scoring opportunities for Chris, Jai, Rabeh, and Nonoy whether it be from the trifecta region or on inside via drop passes. The same thing can be said on fellow Staglet and super-rookie Ryan Buenafe who can be a creator or scorer depending on the opportunity due to his height and upper body strength.

The main factor will be DLSU's ability to provide firepower outside of Jvee Casio. Just like what I am saying in the other game previews, taking away opposing defense's focus on Jvee will and can enable Jvee to do more on the offensive end, which can make life for the Archers a little bit easier on Saturday. Barua, Mangahas, and Maierhofer should be ready to put up double figure scoring to keep the game close and not enabling the Eagles to fly very high. Malabes, Villanueva, Revilla, and Bagatsing's defense will also help big time to force turns and make DLSU's pressure defense effective for this game.

DLSU's halfcourt defense should be ready as well and we may see different pressure defense variations in preparation for DLSU's final four campaign. DLSU cannot afford to play lackluster basketball from the offset and will give Ateneo a lot of breathing room to pull away in the first half. Full 40-minute effort and hustle will be needed this Saturday if DLSU wants to win and get a crack on the remaining twice to beat advantage. A loss will be very critical on the waiting and dangerous FEU team which will be DLSU's sure match up in the final four. Let's go for that win Green Archers and make a bold statement game going into the playoffs.

Go La Salle Fight!
Animo La Salle!

LION
09-02-2008, 03:40 PM
I'd like to see Buenafe vs. Webb Part 2. ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
09-02-2008, 05:53 PM
I am not that pretty sure if Josh will be given the job to guard Ryan. I may see Maui assigned to guard Ryan which might be taller and quicker than normal SG/SF's around in DLSU's roster.

LION
09-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Don't be a kj, BFB. ;D The crowd would love to see that match-up. Besides, Josh has the speed, hops and athleticism to defend Buenafe.

Maui should help Rico or PJ man the paint and provide help defense against Rabah.

Rektikano
09-03-2008, 11:14 AM
We are the underdogs here. But it's fun playing as the underdogs. Although, the pressure will be on the Archers (specially with an FEU win tomorrow), I would like to see them play loose and just have fun. Kung manalo, well and good. Kung matalo, just accept and strive what's in store for us in the final four (whether best of three or twice to win).

Lion,

Webb and Buenafe might just be matched up against each other at the start. But Webb's playing time is very limited. He'll play the first 5 or 6 minutes of a game and that's it. Kung baga, spark lang at the start of the game. Rico usually takes his place at the start of the third quarter.

Si Maui naman, will just have to take on everybody else.. ;D Although he's not like a Nonoy Baclao, Aldrech Ramos or Rico in terms of block shots, he's our best on the ball or off the ball defender. He's also the work horse of the team. That's why, I guess, he's endeared himself to Archer fans.

glock23
09-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Walang problema ang mga players....walang takot yan! si coach jack ang ang may nerbyos! :D

shyboy
09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
^ Dito ako natawa. :D Sabi ni coach Jack di siya nakatulog before his first coaching assignment against UST. Against ADMU, baka ngayon pa lang malaki na eyebags niya. ;D

yellow_we
09-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Now that my team is out, I hope my 2nd favorite team will make it all the way to the Finals.

Good luck green Archers!

Animo La Salle beat Ateneo!! ;)

Rektikano
09-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks yellow_we.. Tall order but we will try our best.. Good luck to the Tigers too next year. In all honesty, I love the composition of the Tigers this year. Unstoppable center, tall and agile wingmen, capable guards. Minalas lang talaga (most specially the twin losses to us ;D..

The_Big_Cat
09-04-2008, 01:35 PM
^* Dito ako natawa.* :D Sabi ni coach Jack di siya nakatulog before his first coaching assignment against UST.* Against ADMU, baka ngayon pa lang malaki na eyebags niya.* *;D

Parang tumanda doon si Jack after those two games. ;D
Franz Pumaren will be back in time for this game.

salsa caballero
09-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Any chance of Ateneo doing an Iran, and benching key players (i.e. Rabeh, Baclao, Tiu, Salamat, etc.) during the game? Or at least limiting their minutes? If so, then the Archers may be slightly favored. If not, then the chips fall where they may - just like any Ateneo La Salle match.

GHRanger
09-04-2008, 02:50 PM
^ I doubt it pare. Too much pride and bragging rights involved in this. :D

glock23
09-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Any chance of Ateneo doing an Iran, and benching key players (i.e. Rabeh, Baclao, Tiu, Salamat, etc.) during the game? Or at least limiting their minutes? If so, then the Archers may be slightly favored. If not, then the chips fall where they may - just like any Ateneo La Salle match.

Padre, patay kung patay ang laban na ito... all out dapat at walang ref at commissioner na manggugulo para maganda! ;D Matira ang matibay ala hearns vs hagler! hahaha

salsa caballero
09-04-2008, 05:30 PM
basta walang mabalian at dumugo, ok lang ;D

GHRanger
09-04-2008, 05:52 PM
^ Agree pare. No injuries - a nice clean, competitive and "no referee intervention" game.

The_Big_Cat
09-04-2008, 05:56 PM
^At yung ID, baka ID sa FIBA Asia ang masuot ni Franz. ;D

I am looking forward for the veterans Casio, Walsham and Maierhoffer to play their guts out. This might be their last game against Ateneo. So, ibuhos na lahat!

glock23
09-04-2008, 06:31 PM
basta walang mabalian at dumugo, ok lang ;D

of course naman! pero maganda bakbakan talaga! good luck joe! :)

ArcherAdictant
09-04-2008, 06:54 PM
This is a big game for us. We should win this to capture the last twice to beat spot. Keep the Faith up! Animo LaSalle!

-----
We proved that we can come back
Now, we're gonna show you how to do it back-2-back ;)

ANIMO LASALLE!

animo_mapuan
09-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Basketball is a Brotherhood :o
We proved them we can come back, now let's prove them we can come back 2 back. :'(

eightyfiver
09-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Good luck to both teams! GAL1NGAN N1YO!

bossman
09-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Go La Salle

cub
09-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Barua should contribute in this crucial game. La Salle is 8-0 when he scores 8points or more.

yellow_we
09-05-2008, 02:35 AM
Thanks yellow_we.. Tall order but we will try our best.. Good luck to the Tigers too next year. In all honesty, I love the composition of the Tigers this year. Unstoppable center, tall and agile wingmen, capable guards. Minalas lang talaga (most specially the twin losses to us* ;D..

Haha! Yeah.. napakasakit kuya Eddie ang nangyari nun! But those were very thrilling matches, weren't they? Those games were only decided at the crucial seconds. Matindi talaga team nyo. You have a good coach, talented rookies, good leadership from your veterans c/o captain Jayvee and cute cheerdancers! ;D Hats off! Good luck again to your Final Four journey. :D

coreytaylor
09-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Derrick takes over as Franz rejoins Archers
Philippine Daily Inquirer

MANILA, Philippines—Coach Franz Pumaren will not be around when the Nokia-RP Youth team winds up its campaign at the FIBA-Asia Championships for junior men.

The multi-titled mentor of the De La Salle University Green Archers left Tehran, Iran, Thursday and was expected to arrive in time for his squad’s eagerly awaited date with the Ateneo de Manila University Blue Eagles on Saturday in the UAAP basketball tournament at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City.

The RP dribblers, who will be handled by Pumaren’s older brother Derrick, face China on Friday after bombing out of the quarterfinals.

Should the Philippines survive China, it will meet the winner of the South Korea-Lebanon match for fifth place.

Defending champion China ended up in the losers’ bracket after Syria and Kazakhstan finished with a higher quotient to break the three-way tie in their quarterfinal group. Lebanon was the fourth team in the bracket.

Korea also missed the semifinals like the Philippines after losing to Japan.

Iran, which dropped a no-bearing 85-84 decision to the Philippines, arranged a semifinal duel with Syria with Japan facing Kazakhstan in the other Final Four pairing.

The top three finishers will advance to the FIBA World U-19 Championships in New Zealand next year. June Navarro

cub
09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
also, UP should lose to UST. ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
09-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Barua should contribute in this crucial game. La Salle is 8-0 when he scores 8points or more.

I didn't know this stat. Mabantayan nga ito bukas.

tigerman
09-05-2008, 04:27 PM
I wonder what will be the strategy of Coach Franz against the towering frontline of the Eagles especially if Walsham and Ferdinand don't show up tomorrow on BOTH ends of the court,

The sub-par performance of the 2 biggies is definitely one of the reasons why Coach Franz has been using Mangahas, a natural swingman, at the "4" spot for majority of this season.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

bigfreeze_bibby
09-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I wonder what will be the strategy of Coach Franz against the towering frontline of the Eagles especially if Walsham and Ferdinand don't show up tomorrow on BOTH ends of the court,

The sub-par performance of the 2 biggies is definitely one of the reasons why Coach Franz has been using Mangahas, a natural swingman, at the "4" spot for majority of this season.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

For the past games, it has been Rico, Maui, and James alternating at the pivot spots for the Archers and I have to say that it won't look good tomorrow matching up against Rabeh if the coaching staff decides to stick it out with our natural 3's and 4's.

shyboy
09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Coach Franz just came from a tournament against teams with 7-footers. I'm sure he has something up his sleeves against Rabeh Al-Hussaini. Baka pandak na nga tingin niya dyan eh. ;)

cub
09-06-2008, 07:48 PM

I didn't know this stat. Mabantayan nga ito bukas.

PJ Barua scored 8points but the Archers lost. :(

5FootCarrot
09-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Not really connected to the game, but I thought I would post about it anyway - assistant coach Jack Santiago was in Araneta despite reports that his father is in the ICU. I hope this means his dad is in stable condition or, even better, improving :)

bigfreeze_bibby
09-06-2008, 11:59 PM
I dunno about this news, 5FC but will check with the coaching staff for developments. Crucial game for us kanina e so I guess kailangan din talagang magtrabaho ni coach Jack.

Ateneo played well kanina and they were very, very aggressive from the get-go which enabled them to pad their lead. La Salle made a comeback and medyo nakakadikit naman and I should say that I thought the team played better in the 4th quarter to chop down Ateneo's lead. Just like what I have mentioned in AP.com, La Salle had its numerous chances to comeback and win the game, kaya lang inabot talaga ng malas. Jvee could not convert any of his attempts. It seems that something is bothering him as iba ang galaw niya kanina.

La Salle was still fortunate to have Barua, Malabes, Atkins, and Mangahas to carry the load for the Archers. For without these people, malamang lumayo na ng todo ang Ateneo and it would have been a blowout. The team was very tentative right from the start and Ateneo was the opposite, very confident executing their plays both offensively and defensively, the result, a big double-digit lead for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Then comes the 4th canto, ayun, La Salle decided to show up but still fell short with crucial misses from the field. The most crucial miss for me was Barua's wide open trey from the corner that might have possibly cut the lead to two I think pero nag miss and then Ateneo padded back the lead to seven and never looked back from there. Hindi pa talaga nangyayari na sabay-sabay mag click ang scorers for La Salle. It has always been that someone was missing. Napakasaklap lang because at this stage, si Jvee pa nawala sa scoring list.

The defense on Rabeh was quite good in the 2nd half giving him different looks but La Salle had a difficult time solving the pick and roll of Ateneo wherein it gave a lot of room for Rabeh and Nonoy to do their thing inside the paint. Maganda sealing nila ng man nila and knows how to position very well for inside putbacks and layups. The Archers themselves have to be blamed as well for the loss as they weren't able to capitalize the chances given to them.

La Salle will be back on the drawing board and will take the long road of getting in the finals by playing a virtual best of three with the FEU Tamaraws starting this Thursday. The team will need your support in these difficult times of the season. The real season starts Thursday and all the remaining games will be crucial and must-win for our team.

Lastly, I won't be contented if I don't put it here na inis na inis ako sa drumline ng Ateneo kanina especially those who did the archers stance and nag-angas sa harap ng DLSU crowd. Kung gusto nyo mag-angas, umakyat kayo sa crowd at dun nyo gawin yang pag-aangas ninyo. Gawin nyo siguro ng malapitan mas maganda siya. Hirap sa inyo e ang layo nyo sa crowd e.

Sorry mods and bosses, I just have to say what I felt on that one. If you feel that this should be deleted, then you may do so. Thanks.

jkad
09-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Lastly, I won't be contented if I don't put it here na inis na inis ako sa drumline ng Ateneo kanina especially those who did the archers stance and nag-angas sa harap ng DLSU crowd.* Kung gusto nyo mag-angas, umakyat kayo sa crowd at dun nyo gawin yang pag-aangas ninyo.* Gawin nyo siguro ng malapitan mas maganda siya.* Hirap sa inyo e ang layo nyo sa crowd e.

Sorry mods and bosses, I just have to say what I felt on that one.* If you feel that this should be deleted, then you may do so.* Thanks.

Bigfreeze...flashback to the La Salle cheerleaders doing a jig ala Ryan Arana complete with basketball several years ago, pare-pareho lang sila, I hope you complained about that too then.* I agree with you, I hate these stupid shows of 'angas' by both cheerleading squads especially when the majority of them look like weaklings who wouldn.t be able to stand up for themselves on the street.

Istorbo
09-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Throughout the history of the bastos DLSU PEP, ilan beses kayo nag angas and just flat out nambastos?

Your pep just got totally and royally owned by our BBB.Moderator ka dito kaya wag ka mag angas.Sa Final 4 since magkikita kita naman, bakit di ka pumunta sa gallery ng Babble and "file" your complaint?

dieselbirdie
09-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Actually this is what I do not get. If tables are turned we are the only villains??? Come on bibby... the Arana Jig, the pep squad jig etc. Angas is there to stay... live with it.

izon
09-07-2008, 09:23 AM
I dunno about this news, 5FC but will check with the coaching staff for developments. Crucial game for us kanina e so I guess kailangan din talagang magtrabaho ni coach Jack.

Ateneo played well kanina and they were very, very aggressive from the get-go which enabled them to pad their lead. La Salle made a comeback and medyo nakakadikit naman and I should say that I thought the team played better in the 4th quarter to chop down Ateneo's lead. Just like what I have mentioned in AP.com, La Salle had its numerous chances to comeback and win the game, kaya lang inabot talaga ng malas. Jvee could not convert any of his attempts. It seems that something is bothering him as iba ang galaw niya kanina.

La Salle was still fortunate to have Barua, Malabes, Atkins, and Mangahas to carry the load for the Archers. For without these people, malamang lumayo na ng todo ang Ateneo and it would have been a blowout. The team was very tentative right from the start and Ateneo was the opposite, very confident executing their plays both offensively and defensively, the result, a big double-digit lead for most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Then comes the 4th canto, ayun, La Salle decided to show up but still fell short with crucial misses from the field. The most crucial miss for me was Barua's wide open trey from the corner that might have possibly cut the lead to two I think pero nag miss and then Ateneo padded back the lead to seven and never looked back from there. Hindi pa talaga nangyayari na sabay-sabay mag click ang scorers for La Salle. It has always been that someone was missing. Napakasaklap lang because at this stage, si Jvee pa nawala sa scoring list.

The defense on Rabeh was quite good in the 2nd half giving him different looks but La Salle had a difficult time solving the pick and roll of Ateneo wherein it gave a lot of room for Rabeh and Nonoy to do their thing inside the paint. Maganda sealing nila ng man nila and knows how to position very well for inside putbacks and layups. The Archers themselves have to be blamed as well for the loss as they weren't able to capitalize the chances given to them.

La Salle will be back on the drawing board and will take the long road of getting in the finals by playing a virtual best of three with the FEU Tamaraws starting this Thursday. The team will need your support in these difficult times of the season. The real season starts Thursday and all the remaining games will be crucial and must-win for our team.

Lastly, I won't be contented if I don't put it here na inis na inis ako sa drumline ng Ateneo kanina especially those who did the archers stance and nag-angas sa harap ng DLSU crowd. Kung gusto nyo mag-angas, umakyat kayo sa crowd at dun nyo gawin yang pag-aangas ninyo. Gawin nyo siguro ng malapitan mas maganda siya. Hirap sa inyo e ang layo nyo sa crowd e.

Sorry mods and bosses, I just have to say what I felt on that one. If you feel that this should be deleted, then you may do so. Thanks.

I have a nasty feeling that this season will be an Ateneo vs UE finals.

5FootCarrot
09-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Ateneo vs. UE na sa Final 4. Unless the FEU and La Salle teams both spontaneously combust in the course of playing out their own Final 4 matchup, there is no way Ateneo will face UE in the finals.

shyboy
09-07-2008, 09:37 AM
^ Imposible yan. *T@eneo and UE are meeting in the Final Four so only one of them will make it to the Finals.

Btw, salamat nga pala dun sa mabait na atenistang nambato ng water bottle which almost hit the DLSU coaching staff. *Lamang na nga kayo, ang tigas niyo pa mambato. *Galing! *Tuloy niyo yan.

shyboy
09-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Actually this is what I do not get. If tables are turned we are the only villains??? Come on bibby... the Arana Jig, the pep squad jig etc. Angas is there to stay... live with it.

Sa mga atenistang napapadpad dito, huwag niyo pakialaman kung may mga ilang umaangal sa angas ng BBB ninyo kahapon. Huwag kayo pumunta dito kung ayaw ninyo makakita ng angal. Kasama yan sa frustrations namin. In your examples above, eh mas masahol pa nga ang mga pagmura at pag-crucify ninyo.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Hindi ako sa nagmamalinis dito, just venting out my frustrations since remember, this is our forum. You guys have yours like BEN. Mali yung mga ginawa before ng pep namin and I accept that and I also have stated my frustrations on those acts like the Arana jig and others on AP.com, plus the half court photo shoot if you guys still want to bring up that case. Nakakatuwa pero hindi ko nagustuhan din yun because it went overboard. I respect all your opinions and galit regarding my post. Respetuhan na lang yan kung saan kayo lulugar. Walang problema sa angas, it's just that for me personally, hindi ko siya nagustuhan, yun lang naman yun e.

Istorbo, I can do that and talk to some of your Babble members kung yan ang gusto mo. Wala namang problema sa akin dun e.

Istorbo
09-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Question is, kung yan ang gusto MO.

If so, do it.

Kung walang problema sa angas like you say then let it go.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Question is, kung yan ang gusto MO.

If so, do it.

Kung walang problema sa angas like you say then let it go.

Okay sir, I let it go. Just like what I said, it was part of my frustrations on yesterday's game that we had our chances pero malas talaga and we couldn't convert it. To all those na nasaktan ko on my post, sorry guys, I just need an avenue where to air my frustrations. Pasensya na.

amdg_baby
09-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Btw, salamat nga pala dun sa mabait na atenistang nambato ng water bottle which almost hit the DLSU coaching staff. *Lamang na nga kayo, ang tigas niyo pa mambato. *Galing! *Tuloy niyo yan.

Just to make it clear, the Ateneo community is not condoning this incident. Bastos talaga ginawa nitong tao na ito. Nakakahiya. We have always prided ourselves in the fact that we never threw things at the opposing team's bench if they happen to be on our side of the stadium... at least until yesterday. This act is being condemned in our boards as well. Kung Atenista nga ito, we apologize for his ill behavior.

gameface_one
09-07-2008, 02:56 PM
PALIBHASA! TINALO KAYO NG TAENEO?? PALIBHASA, PAREHO LANG KAYO NG TAENEO NA MGA GONG2X! BWAHAHAHA!

PAGSAMAHIN PA TAENEO AT LASAL, ASA PA KAYO SA FEU! BWAHAHAHA! IN SEASON71, THE FEU TAMARAWS WILL RULE! ASA PA KAYO LAHAT!

AMIN NA ANG TWICE TO BEAT MGA GONG2X! ASA PA KAYO!? KAKARMAHIN KAYO DAHIL MAYABANG KAYO! PAREHO LANG KAYO NG TAENEO AT MGA UE GAY WARRIORS! BWAHAHAHA! ULATS!

You're outta here moron!!!

glock23
09-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Hindi ako sa nagmamalinis dito, just venting out my frustrations since remember, this is our forum.* You guys have yours like BEN.* Mali yung mga ginawa before ng pep namin and I accept that and I also have stated my frustrations on those acts like the Arana jig and others on AP.com, plus the half court photo shoot if you guys still want to bring up that case.* Nakakatuwa pero hindi ko nagustuhan din yun because it went overboard.* I respect all your opinions and galit regarding my post.* Respetuhan na lang yan kung saan kayo lulugar.* Walang problema sa angas, it's just that for me personally, hindi ko siya nagustuhan, yun lang naman yun e.

Istorbo, I can do that and talk to some of your Babble members kung yan ang gusto mo.* Wala namang problema sa akin dun e.

BfB, il go with you, tingnan natin kung makaporma satin yan.

Istorbo, dont you dare tell us what to do here in GAR...we let you be in Ben so stick to your site. get it?

glock23
09-07-2008, 03:40 PM
^ Imposible yan. *T@eneo and UE are meeting in the Final Four so only one of them will make it to the Finals.

Buti nalang atenista din ang tinamaan :D

jembengzon
09-07-2008, 03:52 PM
guys,

bahay ng dlsu ito.* respetuhin natin yung mga opinion, kasama yan sa ng laro kahapon.* nakikiraan lang tayo, huwag na kayo maghanap ng away.* alam natin kung anong pinanggagalingan, respeto nalang.

ika nga, everybody is entitled to his own opinion.* eh if you can't express it in your own house, saan pa ?

bigfreeze/shyboy,

pasensya na padre.

xbluex
09-07-2008, 07:43 PM
^ i agree. walang pakialamanan. ;) i'm sure we've had our share of rants in our forum. with the angas thing, i generally don't mind it. i actually find it fun and it spices things up. just as long as they don't go over the line. but i respect the opinions of those who feel that angas and trashtalking have no place in the game.

anyway, sorry to our dlsu friends. great game and good luck on your final four assignment!

bigfreeze_bibby
09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Sir glock and shy, okay na ako with everything. Nasabi ko na yung lahat ng gusto at dapat kong sabihin and I have moved on focusing on our game on Thursday against FEU. I think we should stop it right here. Pag may nangulit pa, pasensyahan na lang din. Maiksi pasensya ko sa mga taong hindi marunong makaintindi.

jembengzon and xbluex, pasensya na ulit for my manner. I have seen this coming pero this is our "home" where La Sallians (just like me) can rant and rave on just about anything and everything that involves La Salle especially La Salle basketball. I don't really differentiate myself from anybody else (even if I'm the moderator) because pare-parehas lang tayong mga basketball fans passionate with our own respective teams.

Good luck with UE and we'll now have to take care of FEU.

shyboy
09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Mabuti naman at maayos na.* Iilan na lang nga tayo dito sa GAR ng gameface, may mga pakialamero pa.* Istorbo talaga! >:(

eightyfiver
09-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Jvee Casio played one of his worst game, even missing an unmolested lay-up. And it happens to the best of them. It's a good thing other players were able to step up especially Atkins, Barua and Maierhoffer to keep the score close. On the other hand, Baclao played one of his best offensive game dousing cold water to DLSU's spirited rally in the 3rd quarter.

For the halftime, it was deja vu for Thomasians who stayed behind. But those guys are still young, so pagbigyan na lang ninyo iyong arrogance nila. Sana ma-guide at ma-correct na lang dahil pwede naman mag-cheer sa ating favorite teams ng walang arrogance and antagonism sa mga opponents.

gb
09-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm quite certain DLSU will bounce back and play a highly competitive game against FEU. Cheering during the game should be loud and playful but never rude or violent. Kung atenista man yung nambato ng bote, I truly apologize for that. With that capacity crowd, pressure and intensity, we're bound to have all kinds of crazy people in the arena.

I'm personally hoping for a DLSU-Ateneo final, if only because it eventually brings out the absolute best from both teams and makes for compelling drama.

glock23
09-08-2008, 11:34 AM
guys,

bahay ng dlsu ito.* respetuhin natin yung mga opinion, kasama yan sa ng laro kahapon.* nakikiraan lang tayo, huwag na kayo maghanap ng away.* alam natin kung anong pinanggagalingan, respeto nalang.

ika nga, everybody is entitled to his own opinion.* eh if you can't express it in your own house, saan pa ?

bigfreeze/shyboy,

pasensya na padre.

Jem,

maraming salamat sa pagintindi and pasensya na din sa init ng ulo namin dito. We let you guys be in BEN despite the many bad things said about us there thats because we respect your house. Thats the way it should be, right?

Kudos to team ateneo for being the best this year. Good luck with the rest of your games padre!

Rektikano
09-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Flat start did us in. Maybe it's time to tweak the starting five a little. Josh Webb is not providing the spark that is expected of him. What a time for Jvee to have an off day. One could see he was really trying, kaso ayaw talaga. James also had match up problems. Good thing Simon, Bader and Peejay provided the lift or else we would have been blown off the court.

Kudos to the way Ateneo countered each and every one of our comebacks. The crucial part for me was the third quarter when Simon strung up consecutive points but Nonoy Baclao came to the rescue andscored 7 straight points on his own including a triple. Yeah, and Peejay's missed triple was the most crucial miss of the Archers the whole game.

Congrats Ateneo..

Time to concentrate on FEU..

The_Big_Cat
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Poor start, bad field goal shooting and turnovers were the factors in La Salle's game the other day.

As shown in the pre-game graphics, Ateneo's starters leads the UAAP in starters' scoring average while La Salle leads the UAAP in bench points. Dapat siguro pinantayan na lang ni Franz yung mga starters ng Ateneo by starting Rico and PJ para ma off-set yung scoring ng starters ng kabilang koponan.

Rektikano
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM
^^^

Yup, that's why I mentioned maybe it's time to tweak the starting five. Actually it wasn't only last Saturday that La Salle had a bad start. In games against NU and Adamson, La Salle had bad starts.

Rico couldn't start because he is foul prone and Franz has to bid his time. In the second round game against UST, Rico entered the fourth quarter with only 1 foul and with a minute left before the end of the game, he fouled out.

It's imperative that James provide Jvee with the scoring help in the starting five or else La Salle will get buried everytime at the start of the game.

bandicoot
09-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Mga brad, mukhang di malayo na magkakaroon ng Ateneo vs DLSU finals. Yun lang naman kung makakalusot kayo sa mga Tamaraws.

Tamaraw laban sa Arkero ng Taft avenue.
Magandang laban ito!
Good luck sa dalawang koponan.

bandicoot
09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Flat start did us in. Maybe it's time to tweak the starting five a little. Josh Webb is not providing the spark that is expected of him. What a time for Jvee to have an off day. One could see he was really trying, kaso ayaw talaga. James also had match up problems. Good thing Simon, Bader and Peejay provided the lift or else we would have been blown off the court.

Kudos to the way Ateneo countered each and every one of our comebacks. The crucial part for me was the third quarter when Simon strung up consecutive points but Nonoy Baclao came to the rescue andscored 7 straight points on his own including a triple. Yeah, and Peejay's missed triple was the most crucial miss of the Archers the whole game.

Congrats Ateneo..

Time to concentrate on FEU..

Josh Webb is a rookie kaya medyo excited masyado yung bata. Pasasaan din at magsi-settle down yan.

Sa tingin ko mahirap talaga i-match ang ateneo ng kahit sinong team sa uaap. Napaka-talented at ang tatangkad ng mga manlalaro nila. Baka san beda lang ang maaring tumalo dun. Yun nga lang magka-ibang liga yung dalawa.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Sorry but I had to delete the trash post and the succeeding posts after that to prevent any more untoward discussions and bombardments. Eto lang masasabi ko dito, alam namin kung ano nangyayari sa paligid namin so there's no need to post some crap here in our forum. Thanks.

The_Big_Cat
09-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Sorry but I had to delete the trash post and the succeeding posts after that to prevent any more untoward discussions and bombardments.* Eto lang masasabi ko dito, alam namin kung ano nangyayari sa paligid namin so there's no need to post some crap here in our forum.* Thanks.

bfb, wala pang thread for the championship? ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
09-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Sorry but I had to delete the trash post and the succeeding posts after that to prevent any more untoward discussions and bombardments.* Eto lang masasabi ko dito, alam namin kung ano nangyayari sa paligid namin so there's no need to post some crap here in our forum.* Thanks.

bfb, wala pang thread for the championship?* ;D

Kakagawa ko lang sir. Hehe, sensya na for the delay.