PDA

View Full Version : Gang Green Thread

gameface_one
08-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Basketball Crazy Guest List for tomorrow, Sep. 1, 2008:

1. PBA Rookies Gabe Norwood and Jared Dillinger

2. Gang Green's Manny Bocaling and Sixth Man's Gigi Gonzales to discuss the Ateneo - La Salle rivalry

3. Pretty Brazilian models from Golds' Gym to do some exercise demos

Watch them live on Makisig Network Skycable Channel 76 at 9 pm!

bigfreeze_bibby
08-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Too bad I don't have SkyCable back home. Does this have a broadcast on youtube? Or even in justin.tv for that matter?

LION
11-21-2008, 05:11 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GHRANGER!

The_Big_Cat
11-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Happy Birthday GHRanger!!

danny
11-22-2008, 05:06 AM
Birthday boy. Painum ka naman... ;D

GHRanger
11-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Hahaha gulat ako dito ah...

Maraming Salamat Mga Kaibigan.

Sige mga pre... pag nagkita kits tayo.

Joescoundrel
11-27-2008, 09:03 AM
UAAP runner-up De Lasalle University needed a little while to get it done but eventually overwhelmed Cebu powerhouse University of San Carlos 71-51 at the ongoing PCCL Sweet 16 at the Fil Oil Flying V Arena in San Juan.

Head coach Franz Pumaren used mainly his reserves to start the game and they got off to a good enough start behind guard Hiram Bagatsing and forward Joshua Webb starting off on the firing end. Both sides however looked a little tight and tentative, falling into a mess of turnovers throughout the first period. Swingman Gio Padillo and guard Paul Joven however were keeping San Carlos in the fight as they ran a two-man game on the high-low.

Much ballyhooed Filipino-Australian forward Emel Rowe was fielded in the second period but seemed out of game shape and was soon coming to grief against the toughened Lasalle defense. First superstar forward Rico Maierhofer was all over him and then fellow Filipino-Australian center PJ Walsham came in to provide more body banging against the 6'5" Rowe. Maierhofer as usual provided the highlight of the game with a two-handed slam dunk off a steal as the Green Archers went to their dreaded fullcourt pressure defense midway through the second period.

Although San Carlos was hanging in there the disparity in the team game was apparent as Lasalle went to its long-time strengths on the high pick and roll, pick and flare and the two-man game on the high-low with Walsham and Ferdinand attacking the baseline from the low blocks. Jordan Hermosa and Rowe tried to keep the Green Archers from blowing the game too wide open in the third period.

JV Casio made it a 17-point lead at 57-40 to start the payoff fourth period and that was about all she wrote for the boys from Cebu. Rowe tried to bring San Carlos back into the fight nailing back to back treys midway through the fourth period to make it 58-48 but that was about as good as it got for his side. Hermosa, Joven and former UPIS star guard Jacques Bautista all came a little short in their efforts to try and rally San Carlos.

PJ Barua put the finishing touches on the Lasalle victory as he made off with back to back steals in the end game. Casio led Lasalle with 13 points while Bagatsing and Barua had 11 markers each.

Hermosa led San Carlos with 13 markers of his own although no other San Carlos player had double-digits.

"I really wish they had scheduled the PCCL some other time because now it coincides with the PBL schedule. I have only gotten six or seven players in my regular practices because the rest are in the PBL and they are getting major minutes," lamented Pumaren in the post-game interview. "I even bought basketball shoes for myself already just in case so that I can join the practices para at least walo kami," he jokingly added.

"We did not even expect to make it here sa Sweet 16, natalo namin ang Xavier sa Cagayan, and Xavier is a strong team, we thought for sure we might not make it past them but we did," said USC head coach Mike Reyes for his part.

Joescoundrel
12-01-2008, 03:44 PM
In the main game, Lasalle had a thrilling 75-72 escape act against UAAP rival University of the East in the ongoing Elite 8 of the Fil Oil Flying V Sweet 16.

Lasalle went to town early against UE, erecting as much as an 11-point lead early in the first half at 22-11. Rico Maierhofer, PJ Barua, James Mangahas and even PJ Walsham were all getting going early on the scoring end, confounding the UE defense and disrupting the UE passing game.

But James Martinez started going nuts from downtown, nailing back to back three-point shots even as Paul Zamar and Pari Llagas also joined in the scoring parade. With Martinez hitting form deep, Zamar slashing into the gut of the Lasalle defense and making getaways in transition, and Llagas hitting from the low blocks, the Red Warriors even took a short lead at 38-36 nearing the end of the first half. A PJ Barua getaway though made it 38-all at the lemon time break.

It quickly became a see-saw battle in the second half. Martinez nailed another trey and Paul Lee and Elmer Espiritu got going inside to give the Red Warriors a 49-40 lead, holding the Green Archers to only one basket midway through the pivotal third period. Lasalle responded by going to their dreaded fuillcourt trapping defense and quickly got on an 8-0 run of their own to come within 48-49. it became nip and tuck from that point on.

In the payoff fourth period, after a series of deadlocks and lead changes, Lasalle stormed ahead 70-64 behind the clutch shots of Barua and contributions from Mangahas and Walsham. But UE soon caught up behind Lee, Raffy Reyes and an Espiritu trey to knot the count anew at 70-all.

It came down to steadier nerves in the end-game. JV Casio, the veteran superstar, nailed three of his four freethrows in the last 50 seconds to seal the deal for the Green Archers.

Barua led Lasalle with 17 points while Maierhofer had 12 points and 11 rebounds. Martinez led all scorers going 7-10 from trey range for 21 points even as Espiritu contributed 15 markers and 11 boards.

The_Big_Cat
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't see Rejan Lee in the PCCL lineup. But he is currently playing for Bacchus in the PBL.
Has Rejan quit varsity?

Joescoundrel
12-06-2008, 11:35 PM
JV Casio wasn't having such a good game for the first three periods but eventually played a familiar role: hero of the game for his Green Archers. Casio made off with a steal and a transition layup to give Lasalle the huge come from behind 63-62 victory over NCAA champion San Beda in the Fil Oil Flying V Final 4 at the Arena.

With the Red Lions holding Lasalle without a field goal for well over the first eight minutes of the opening quarter, it looked like it would be another walkover win for the NCAA grand slam champions. it certainly looked that way for the entirety of the first half with JR Tecson, Bam Gamalinda, JR Taganas and Jake Pascual taking turns burning the hoops.

In the second half however Lasalle went to their dreaded fullcourt press and started playing the passing lanes more tightly. San Beda wound up forcing the action, even as Taganas inexplicably seemed forgotten on the bench after his great first half.

PJ Barua got going on offense in the payoff fourth period as he sneaked into the seams of the San Beda defense. Casio was also starting to wax hot from late in the third period well into the fourth. San Beda however was holding on to the lead with Pascual and Sam Ekwe finally coming to life offensively.

Ogie Menor gave the Red Lions the 62-61 lead with under a minute left in the game as he split his charities. Rico Maierhofer failed on a drive in the ensuing play and Ekwe grabbed the rebound. But Menor lost the ball on a drive as Casio made off with the steal and completed the transition play for his game-winner time down to 6 seconds. Menor had one last chance to play hero but got mostly the glass on his last shot as the clock expired.

Maierhofer led all scorers with 17 points to go with 11 boards while Barua and Casio had 11 markers each.

Pascual had 15 points for the Red Lions while Ekwe came up with 12 points and 16 rebounds.

danny
12-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Congrats Green Archers! Until we meet again.

bigfreeze_bibby
12-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for a tough, nice, and hard fought game with San Beda yesterday. I was just casually finishing my hotdog and drinks on the stands until the Green Archers made that one swift, final push to beat the NCAA titlists. Both final four games were a treat to watch yesterday and I hope to see the same tomorrow. This is how collegiate games should be played, all heart and full effort.

DLSU played so bad in the first half that I have to say to joescoundrel that the boys were really, really flat as I went outside to get fresh air and release my frustrations a bit. I have to admit that I was very, very disappointed with the way things went for DLSU in the first half. Missed layups here and there, sloppy dribbling, errant passes, the only thing that is going on for DLSU in the first half was its defense. I felt that DLSU held San Beda a little bit on the defensive end but still, it lacks something on the offensive end.

Once again, the boys proved me wrong as I was waiting for that one decisive push for the Archers. I honestly knew that the 3rd quarter was the most crucial quarter for them if they want to beat the Red Lions. The Archers chipped away some of the lead but still, I feel that San Beda is still dominating the Green Archers on that quarter, thanks to the super human effort of JR Taganas, playing mincemeat on our frontline.

Then came the fourth quarter and both teams suddenly played toe to toe. I was happy that the Archers finally played with an urgency on their shoulders putting both stops on the defensive end and delivering good attacks on the offensive end. I was also happy that JV came out of his usual pacing form to lead the scoring attack for the Archers. Rico and Walsham rose up to the occasion to challenge San Beda's formidable frontline of Ekwe and Pascual. I was not able to get it why Taganas wasn't inserted back in the ballgame wherein he wrecked havoc for most of the game as compared to his DLSU counterparts.

I do hope that Walsham can have a repeat performance against Rabeh tomorrow. It may be a far-fetched dream but who knows? He might just deliver one of his best performances to have a stellar exit on his collegiate career. I would also want JV to end his collegiate career with a well-deserved championship. Back to the frontline matchups, I felt that Sam had good positions down low, it's just that the San Beda guards failed to deliver the ball at the right timing to score easy points inside. San Beda was also very good in breaking DLSU's 2-3 zone by delivering quick inside passes to either Ekwe or Pascual inside.

Overall, it was a good game and it would be nice to see another red and white squad in the UAAP perhaps? Hehe, so just to have more terrific games like this in the future.

LION
12-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Congratulations to the Green Archers! Great game.

cub
12-08-2008, 07:56 PM
2009 PCC Champs!

Congratulations De La Salle Green Archers! :)

bigfreeze_bibby
12-09-2008, 05:59 AM
2009 PCC Champs!

Congratulations De La Salle Green Archers! :)

Sir baka po 2008 hehe.

LION
12-09-2008, 07:27 AM
^ pagpasensiyahan mo na, na excite lang masyado si cub. ;D

Congratulations to the DLSU Green Archers!

Joescoundrel
12-09-2008, 08:44 AM
There can only be one. And once again it was one Lasalle basketball.

De Lasalle University's multi-titled Green Archers added another one for the trophy case back home in Taft Avenue, besting arch rival Ateneo De Manila 71-62 to capture the 2008 Philippine Collegiate National Championship before a raucous crowd at the historic Araneta Coliseum.

JV Casio, the superstar guard who had delivered many other previous titles to the Green Archers, saved his best game for his last time in a Lasalle uniform. After a tight first half that ended with Ateneo on top 29-28 at the lemon time break, Casio presided over a 15-4 run that turned a 32-33 deficit into a 45-33 bubble for the Green and White. Ateneo never recovered from there as the Blue Eagles groped for form and head coach Norman Black could not seem to find the right combination. He could not get any consistency from his boys as they ran into a mess of turnovers all throughout that pivotal third period run by Lasalle.

Black missed his leading scorer from Season 71, Chris Tiu, and Season 71 rookie of the year Ryan Buenafe. Tiu did not see aciton anymore in the PCCL while Buenafe was reportedly suspended for this game for coming to the last practise very late and offered no excuse for his tardiness.

Casio on the other hand got going and soon got his whole team going as well. He nailed a trey, fed James Mangahas and Bader Malabes in transition off back to back steals and generally just got into the zone as he literally walloped Ateneo almost by himself. He did of course get plenty of help, not the least from PJ Barua, who attacked the baselines, shot well form the perimeter and was an overall pest on the defensive end.

Ateneo made one last attempt to rally behind Jai Reyes. Reyes shot Ateneo back within 47-53 late in the third period with some defensive help from Nonoy Baclao and offensive rebounding from reigning UAAP most valuable player Rabeh Al-Hussaini. Al-Hussaini was off-form the whole game and looked every bit the bungling clod he was in his first three seasons with Ateneo thanks to the great Lasalle defense. Casio and James Mangahas soon made it 57-47 again though.

In the payoff fourth period Ateneo came within 62-68 on a buzzer-beating trey by Reyes and two freethrows by Al-Hussaini. But that was about as good as it got for the Blue Eagles as Casio, Mangahas and Barua wrapped it up form the line for the Green Archers.

Lasalle's defense was patent green and white all throughout this game. Without the insurance of Tiu's perimeter game and Buenafe's slashing, Ateneo found itself jammed for points. Reyes was the only consistent scorer in this game and he was hounded no end by the bigger and stronger Lasalle guards. With the fiullcourt press and the 2-3 match-up zone in full effect, Ateneo came nowhere near threatening Lasalle. Lasalle also got superb performances from their entire roster, as opposed to the unproductive bench of Ateneo.

"It just feels great to win this championship, this is for all of the fans, and I'd like to thank every one for their support, thank you to every one," said an ecstatic Casio in one post-game interview.

Casio was named most valuable player of the tournament, the last feather in his collegiate basketball cap. He led all scorers with 22 points. Reyes led Ateneo with 21 markers, going 6-12 from three-point range.

GHRanger
12-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Joe just to add on your note --

Two of our key players Simon and LA were not able to play as well; while Marko as we know is injured. A big congratulations goes to Hyram as well for taking up the challenge and playing point for DLSU and Ferdie for a monster effort against the Ateneo bigs. Congratulations to both teams.

Mhel_Garrido
12-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Congratulations...

I have always enjoyed seeing JV Casio play and his last game as an Archer is a fitting finish to
a remarkable college career. On to the pros for the silent assassin!

TellTell
12-15-2008, 05:15 PM
National Championship (PCC) Shirts are out!!! Check out the thread in APCOM!!!! Limited Stocks only.

Jeep
03-15-2011, 12:53 PM
sincerest condolences to your community on the untimely demise of your seniors ladies' swimming team captain, janina sedilla, who perished yesterday (?) in a fire along with her whole family.

my prayers for the repose of their souls. +requiesciat in pace

nardy
05-14-2011, 01:54 PM
URGENT: Last chance to volunteer for the 22nd FIBA ASIA Champions Cup.

To all Filipino Basketball Fans, we are in need of more Male and Female Volunteers for the coming FIBA-Asia event which the Philippines is hosting here at the the PhilSports Multi-Purpose Arena (formerly ULTRA) on May 28 to June 5, 2011. We do appreciate your help, lets make this event a success. Those who can communicate verbally in Arabic is very much welcomed. For those who failed to come in the 1st two orientation days are invited to come at the 3rd and Final screening on May 16, 2011 (Monday) at 2PM at the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) Office which is located in the Philsports Bldg A inside the DepEd Complex/Philsport Complex, Meralco Ave., Pasig City. Please bring your 2x2 ID Picture, Resume/Biodata, pen and paper. For those who previously attended in the earlier orientation days, you would be informed accordingly of your respective assignments and what day you'll report for duty. Tel#706-2970.

http://multiply.com/mu/nardym/image/pCGIvvFXM8OFSr+jnp2rAw/photos/1M/300x300/3570/22FACC.jpg?et=DLMLojd8ak%2CYDmJFTFMQag&nmid=0

Joescoundrel
05-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Lasalle leaned on the game-long brilliance of new recruit Mac Tallo to hold off Far Eastern 58 - 54 during the Labor Day edition of the ongoing Fr Martin Cup summer tournament at the sweltering Trinity gym.

Tallo and freshman rookie Jeron Teng led the Green Archers to a blazing 12-0 run to start the game. Tallo put his shuffle step and hesitation dribble to full use as he cut up the FEU defense with his drive-draw plays. Teng on the other hand flashed the brilliant form that earned him legendary status in the Tiong Lian varsity circuit with his bull-strong drives into the lane.

FEU however put on a three-quarters 2-2-1 defense that soon threw a monkey wrench into the Lasalle game. Roger Pogoy, Gryan Mendoza and Mac Belo also found the range as the Tamaraws leveled the count at 12-all on a strong transition game.

Lasalle went on another tear to make it 26-16 in the second period, this time behind Jarelan Tampus, Papot Paredes, Martin Reyes and Thomas Torres. Pogoy, Belo and Anthony Hargrove responded with another counter-run as the Archers held a 31-29 lead going into the lemon time break off a Teng drive.

FEU gained some traction in the third period with Pogoy getting into a trash talk contest with former RP Youth mainstay Jed Manguera as the Tamaraws suddenyl seized the 43-47 lead. Mendoza and Ponso Gotladera also started getting chippy at this point. Lasalle however would regain the lead at 49-48 with a Tallo triple.

In the payoff fourth period, the Green Archers survived some faulty playmaking even as FEU sputtered on offense. A couple of freethrows sealed the final count.

Teng led all scorers with 16 points, Tallo added 14 including two clutch triples as FEU was closing the gap, and Tampus 10. Pogoy was the only Tamaraw in double figures with 11.

PMMS beat Ateneo B 50 - 41 in the second game. In a horrible mess of a game that saw plenty of expired shot clocks, the Mariners leaned on superior across the board athleticism to outlast the B Eagles.

Joescoundrel
05-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Did I mention Danding Cojuangco actually went to Trinity to watch the Lasalle-FEU game? And yes, there was lunch for the whole team at Saisaki EDSA Greenhills.

james_hunt
05-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Did I mention Danding Cojuangco actually went to Trinity to watch the Lasalle-FEU game? And yes, there was lunch for the whole team at Saisaki EDSA Greenhills.

ECJ just arrived a few days back from his farm in Australia, otherwise he would have watched all green archer games. :) of course quinito had to ask for an electric fan to be placed near the boss...mainit eh. :D

izon
05-05-2012, 08:22 PM
La Salle won against UST in this FilOil Tournament Season 78 - 70. Animo La Salle.

Sam Miguel
05-21-2012, 09:11 AM
UE upended Lasalle 67-65 over the weekend at the Fil Oil. Bucking the tossing of leading scorer JR Sumido and mainstay Erwin Duran for entering the court during a hard-foul situation on the other end, the Red Warriors hung tough in the last two minutes to edge the Green Archers.

UE was up 34-24 at the half, taking advantage of a mess of turnovers by Lasalle even on simple inbounds. That basketball just seemed to cosy up to UE on long rebounds and loose balls rolling on the floor into waiting UE hands. Lasalle did not help its cause with sloppy passing and awkward play making. Mac Tallo, the revelation of this tournament, was having a dickens of a time setting the Lasalle table, even as big men Norbert Torres and Ponso Gotladera could not establish their low post games. Sumido was having a heck of a game at that point, making all manner of awkward looking shots and taking advantage of Roi Sumang's driving game.

Lasalle however turned things around in the third quarter. A Lasalle player went down after a hard UE foul. Sumido and Duran were caught by eagle-eyed tournament officials entering the court when it looked like a fracas might ensue. Although neither Warrior even made it past their three-quarter court they were still slapped with techncial fouls and tossed under strict FIBA and tournament rules on players entering the court during situations such as these. Four freethrows later and the Archers had seized the lead at 46-47.

In the fourth quarter Almond Vosotros just plain went nuts, hitting his fourth trey of the second half, while Tallo slowly found his own rhythm, as both guards gave Lasalle as much as a six-point lead at 52-58. UE Coach Jerry Codinera inexplicably went with his smaller guards and a highly unorthodox three-guard floor alignment even in the face of the Archer onslaught.

Sumang however was not done for the night, and used his incredible driving game to carve up the Lasalle interior, drawing the fifth and last foul of Torres and sinking two freethrows. Adrian Santos joined in on the act, nailing a couple of freethrows for the final count.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Sam, it was supposed to be a won ball game already for us until that fumbled inbound pass by Luigi. The boys played very flat until Vosotros waxed hot in the 2nd half. The boys also could not get into those 50-50 balls as well giving UE 2nd and 3rd offensive chances.

BedanRoar
11-20-2013, 05:18 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

"La Salle-San Beda battle of champions for the benefit of the victims of Typhoon Yolanda on Dec. 5 at the Araneta Coliseum. There will also be a juniors game between NU and San Beda that will precede the La Salle-San Beda game on Dec. 5. Details next Tuesday!"

izon
11-20-2013, 07:46 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

"La Salle-San Beda battle of champions for the benefit of the victims of Typhoon Yolanda on Dec. 5 at the Araneta Coliseum. There will also be a juniors game between NU and San Beda that will precede the La Salle-San Beda game on Dec. 5. Details next Tuesday!"

Since this is purely an exhibition match,hope to see Tratters, Mbala, Sargent and Mustre play.

izon
11-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Since this is purely an exhibition match,hope to see Tratters, Mbala, Sargent and Mustre play.

Palaruin na rin ang lahat na Team B players, just to gauge the quality of their talents.

izon
12-12-2013, 05:53 PM
La Salle won over San Beda 64 - 60 to advance to the finals in this year's PCCL tournament. Animo La Salle .

LION
12-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Congratulations to the DLSU Green Archers. You deserve to advance to the finals. Good luck to your team.

izon
12-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Thank you

izon
12-17-2013, 06:59 PM
La Salle wins this year's PCCL tournament. Animo La Salle !!!

Megatron
12-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Merry Christmas Green Nation

koylags13
04-09-2014, 09:53 PM
The De La Salle University College of Law (DLSU COL), in partnership with the Lasallian Commission on Bar Operations (LCBO) and the De La Salle Alumni Association (DLSAA), will hold its first fundraising golf tournament. The proceeds of this event will help fund the series of Philippine Bar exam-related operations intended to help the first batch of Lasallian law graduates. Details are the following:

WHAT: De La Salle College of Law Golf Tournament
WHEN: April 28, 2014 (Monday)
Registration - 6:30 am
Shotgun - 8:00 am
WHERE: South Course of Valley Golf & Country Club, Don Celso S. Tuason Ave., Antipolo, Rizal
WHO: The tournament is open to La Salle alumni, as well as to supporters and friends of DLSU.
ENTRY FEE: P3,000.00 for non-Valley Golf Members
P2,000.00 for Valley Golf Members
(Inclusive of: Green fee, Giveaways, 2 Mulligans, Lunch Buffet, Door Prize, and Raffle)

For inquiries, please contact any of the following: a.) Ms. Choy Calso at 0917-8532469; b.) Ms. Macai Yambao at 0917-8211664; c.) the DLSAA at 5236158/5244611 loc 122; or d.) send an e-mail to dlsulaw.golf@yahoo.com.
Kindly like us on Facebook at facebook.com/dlsulawgolf.