PDA

View Full Version : RONJAY BUENAFE

jhe03
04-03-2008, 02:43 PM
wAt cAn u sAy abOut diS roOkie..???

Sam Miguel
04-04-2008, 01:48 AM
He's scoring a lot and he still doesn't know shit about defense.

whiplash
04-04-2008, 05:22 AM
wAt cAn u sAy abOut diS roOkie..???

his 2point stats are deceiving because he slashes the paint and always gets fouled to take the points on the free throw line rather than improving his 2 point percentage stats...

jhe03
05-08-2008, 10:11 PM
nu masasabi nio sa rookie na2...kaya nia ba mnlo ng ROY award...kase mukang lamang n lamang c REYES sa knya eh...

snA mkuHa nia..deserving nmn tlga sha eh...pnakita nia tlga ung gling niya khit na 1st pick lng xha sa 2nd round nd still nalalamangan p nia yung mga unang rookie na napick nung 1st round..db...

STEAl OF THE DRAFT

jhe03
05-08-2008, 10:14 PM
ay nga pLa nkapagopen n nga pla akoh ng gn2ng thread...nklimutan ko poh klA qoh sa ibang forum ko gnwa un...sori po sa redundancy... ???

gameface_one
05-08-2008, 10:23 PM
^^^Again pls. Do not use text speak here. Pls read the rules in posting in the Officials' Table Forum. This thread will be merged with the thread with the same title. Mod, pls handle.

Thanks.

kaybee07
05-12-2008, 01:33 PM
While there is no doubt that Ronjay is talented, I think a big part of his current success in the PBA is because he is part of a team that needs him and has a coach who is willing to give this rookie a chance to shine.

If he had gone to a team like Alaska whose coach is not so fond of using rookies, or Magnolia whose bench is very deep, I doubt he would be as productive as he is right now.

whiplash
05-16-2008, 12:30 PM
but then we also are not certain that all rookies given the same playing opportunities will be able to handle it as well or as effectively as he does.

he has always been in the top3 or 5 in terms of offensive options beyond the other intangibles and hustle he offers...

i dont think most of the first round picks can handle the responsibility that he has very well handled.. maybe some, but not most...

Schortsanitis
05-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Ronjay is going to be big star in the PBA in 1-2 more seasons.

He's playing w/ a lot more confidence this conference. One on one, its pretty hard to stop him. He has pretty decent bulk, quick but not Caguioa-quick. His biggest asset, though, is that coordination of his. It allows him good ballhandling skills, as well as excellent one on one moves, like that killer head & shoulder fake of his combined w/ a cross over dribble. That coordination also allows him to hit difficult layups.

In a team w/ 2 imports, Ronjay still finds the resources to go over & average in double figures. He was terrific in the 2nd half in yesterday's (May 16, 2008) game.

He needs to cut down on his turnovers, though.

I agree: Just because a rookie is given playing time, doesn't necessarily mean he will produce. Witness JC Intal last conference.

erichubert
05-17-2008, 10:27 AM
I don't think JC was given the minutes last conference, at most he got around 15 minutes and that was on a good game already. Given his shooting was off, but he isn't being given the leeway Ronjay is getting with Coke. You just got to admire the trust given by Coach Binky to him, even if he struggles and misses 3-4 shots in a row, di pa din siya nilalabas.

joelex
05-17-2008, 04:12 PM
that should be a testament to the talent of a ronjay buenafe. clearly he has more of what it takes to be succesful in the PBA, with his toughness and braveness to go strong to the hoop despite the presence of 7-footers, unlike JC who was content on shooting perimeter shots (to think shooting was one of his weaknesses), and his inability to draw a foul when he drives.

Schortsanitis
05-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Well, just trying to look at things objectively:

** In the 2008 All Filipino conference, Ronjay definitely played a lot more minutes than JC, 25 mpg compared to JC's 16 mpg.

** As far as the shooting percentages, though, Ronjay shot 32.2% (almost average) from the 3-pt. line, compared to JC's 13.2% (terrible).* From the 2-pt. area, Ronjay shot 35.2% (bad shooting) to JC's 28.1% (terrible).*

** Based on the above figures, its true that Ronjay had more minutes than Intal, but it is also because he was shooting much better than JC from the field.* Obviously JC was having problems making his shots.* Ronjay was also having trouble making his 2-pt. shots, but his 3-pt. shooting was average.* To me, its just not a question of having more minutes on the floor, but also making most of the minutes that was given you.* When you shoot 13% from the field, I think any Coach would have trouble trying to keep you on the floor.

(Stats courtesy of the www.pba-online.net website)*

The_Big_Cat
05-18-2008, 06:16 PM
If only Ronjay Buenafe could develop a more point guard skills. With his size, he could be our version of Deron Williams.

christian
05-18-2008, 07:02 PM
A lot of schools are now saying "sayang..." ;D

whiplash
05-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Well, just trying to look at things objectively:

* In the 2008 All Filipino conference, Ronjay definitely played a lot more minutes than JC, 25 mpg compared to JC's 16 mpg.

* As far as the shooting percentages, though, Ronjay shot 32.2% (almost average) from the 3-pt. line, compared to JC's 13.2% (terrible). From the 2-pt. area, Ronjay shot 35.2% (bad shooting) to JC's 28.1% (terrible).

* Based on the above figures, its true that Ronjay had more minutes than Intal, but it is also because he was shooting much better than JC from the field. Obviously JC was having problems making his shots. Ronjay was also having trouble making his 2-pt. shots, but his 3-pt. shooting was average. To me, its just not a question of having more minutes on the floor, but also making most of the minutes that was given you. When you shoot 13% from the field, I think any Coach would have trouble trying to keep you on the floor.

(Stats courtesy of the www.pba-online.net website)

and dont forget the intangibles... the hustle, the getting back up after falling down, going back on "D", going after loose balls and steals.. he has the intensity many of the other "pampered" big names do not...

amdgc82
05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
A lot of schools are now saying "sayang..."* ;D

One of them is National University. Ron Jason Buenafe was a NU Bulldog in 2002.

tigerman
05-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Buenafe, who is not exactly known as a defensive player, showed some flashes of brilliance on D yesterday vs. Red Bull. He played great D in the 2nd half and in the process limiting Cyrus Baguio to just 3 points in the 2nd half after scoring 18 in the first.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

whiplash
07-04-2008, 10:03 AM
is he on the top 3 candidates for ROY? when does voting start?