08-25-2008, 10:41 PM
ton yturi ;D

bossman
08-25-2008, 10:42 PM
ton yturi ;D

Tonichi Yturri? Bakit naman sya?

King_stag
08-25-2008, 10:46 PM
he utilizes the fronline of the team, tonichi yturri is also a good tactician. The only problem is his lack of intensity

bossman
08-25-2008, 10:49 PM
he utilizes the fronline of the team, tonichi yturri is also a good tactician. The only problem is his lack of intensity

Sobra nga with intesity. If you here his huddles, baka mabigla ka. Mura left and right. Game read ang kulang nya. Yun practice, galing nya. Pang pros yun conditioning. Pag hindi ka fit you are going to go home talaga. He uses the front line very well. I like his style with that. Knowing na big man sya kaya nya alam na alam

King_stag
08-25-2008, 10:53 PM

Sobra nga with intesity. If you here his huddles, baka mabigla ka. Mura left and right. Game read ang kulang nya. Yun practice, galing nya. Pang pros yun conditioning. Pag hindi ka fit you are going to go home talaga. He uses the front line very well. I like his style with that. Knowing na big man sya kaya nya alam na alam

maybe i wasnt able to notice that because the camera is always focused on turo's(valenzona) mouth that time. Even slaps and punches his players

bossman
08-25-2008, 10:59 PM

maybe i wasnt able to notice that because the camera is always focused on turo's(valenzona) mouth that time. Even slaps and punches his players

Tonich is not physical with his players naman. He is not focused on the camera 'cause of the language.

AltarBoy^_^
08-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Ok sana si Tonichi kaso limited ang tactics niya compared kay Dong. ;D

Get_Blazed
08-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Syempre biased agad towards Dong because he gave us our title.
Pero sino ba talaga ang piankamagaling? I am not ver familiar with the pre-Caloy coaches. ;)

bossman
08-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Pero sino ba talaga ang piankamagaling? I am not ver familiar with the pre-Caloy coaches. ;)

Bong Go, a very good trainer. He can develop players. Dong Vergeire, has the balance of game smarts, game instincts and is well loved in the CSB community. Tonichi Yturri, very intense, can develop good players.

Get_Blazed
08-26-2008, 10:04 PM

Bong Go, a very good trainer. He can develop players. Dong Vergeire, has the balance of game smarts, game instincts and is well loved in the CSB community. Tonichi Yturri, very intense, can develop good players.

Then these guys should be brought in to help Coach Gee! :D

bossman
08-26-2008, 10:06 PM

Well Coach Gee is a class of its own. I like his style. He has the skills to coach. He just needs players.

Get_Blazed
08-26-2008, 10:27 PM

Well Coach Gee is a class of its own. I like his style. He has the skills to coach. He just needs players.

I think you meant, in a class of his own.

In any case, if guys like Yturri can develop good players then he should be brought in for conditioning and training of the Blazers, no? :)

bossman
08-26-2008, 10:59 PM

Dong will also look very good to anyone who cheers for CSB. I think it will take a long time before they can reach what he has done. It's been 8 years and we do not even see a glimmer of hope of a final four appearance.

Get_Blazed
08-27-2008, 02:38 PM

Dong will also look very good to anyone who cheers for CSB. I think it will take a long time before they can reach what he has done. It's been 8 years and we do not even see a glimmer of hope of a final four appearance.

It sounds so wrong when you put it that way. There was hope last year but Caloy failed to utilize what he had, and game fixing had to happen. so we are left with nothing and had to build from scratch. I think Coach Gee is doing just fine. We are looking poised to enter the Final Four in a two years. But dont take my word for it.

LION
08-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Abanilla, hands down.

Get_Blazed
08-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Abanilla, hands down.

Wow, you seem so sure, sir Lion. I do hope so. I think he can really revive the Blazers back to glory.

bossman
08-27-2008, 06:23 PM

It sounds so wrong when you put it that way. There was hope last year but Caloy failed to utilize what he had, and game fixing had to happen. so we are left with nothing and had to build from scratch. I think Coach Gee is doing just fine. We are looking poised to enter the Final Four in a two years. But dont take my word for it.

Well let's just be realistic. Ask any basketball expert if I'm biased but I'm just laying all the cards in the table. We just have to be true with everything and ease out all off court issues on this.

bossman
08-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Who do you think is the best get_blazed?

a_ron
08-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Tonichi Yturri........

bossman
08-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Tonichi Yturri........

Galing naman sya kulang lang sa game smarts!

a_ron
08-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Tonichi is realy good remember he coached Cebu Gems before.Cebu won the championship

BedanRoar
08-28-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm not saying that other coaches are less better. Pero simple lang naman yan, yung nagbigay pa rin ng Championship sa inyo ang best coach so far.

GHRanger
08-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I have an inclination to choose Gee. But it's too early tell since he's barely a year in.
For now, it would be Dong.

Get_Blazed
08-28-2008, 06:38 PM
^Its too early to tell, as you all know.
And I am not that familiar with Coach Dong too. Hindi ko inabutan yun. But for now, syempre yung nagbigay ng title satin, until Gee proves something(which hopefully he would).

bossman
08-28-2008, 09:55 PM
^Its too early to tell, as you all know.
And I am not that familiar with Coach Dong too. Hindi ko inabutan yun. But for now, syempre yung nagbigay ng title satin, until Gee proves something(which hopefully he would).

You can check out the games from year 2000-2002. You can see how he coaches!

bigfreeze_bibby
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
I might go for the coach who recruited the champion team of year 2000. I am not sure if coach Bong Go recruited these guys before coach Dong took over CSB's coaching chores.

bossman
08-30-2008, 03:15 PM
I might go for the coach who recruited the champion team of year 2000. I am not sure if coach Bong Go recruited these guys before coach Dong took over CSB's coaching chores.

Bong Go is the coach that time. But they man who spearheaded the recruitment program of CSB that time is Mr. Randy Sacdalan. He is the architect of the champion team so to speak. He got players from different places. The guy knows how to run the basketball team. During that time CSB does not have a big budget in basketball. But he made good use of the budget and made CSB reaps its rewards from it.

Get_Blazed
08-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Trivia lang: Tonichi Ytturi pala is assistant to Franz Pumaren sa RP Youth.

bossman
08-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Trivia lang: Tonichi Ytturi pala is assistant to Franz Pumaren sa RP Youth.

Eh alam naman natin na buntot nila Pumaren brothers yan! Kaya nya nga nakuha yun CSB

bigfreeze_bibby
09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Bong Go is the coach that time. But they man who spearheaded the recruitment program of CSB that time is Mr. Randy Sacdalan. He is the architect of the champion team so to speak. He got players from different places. The guy knows how to run the basketball team. During that time CSB does not have a big budget in basketball. But he made good use of the budget and made CSB reaps its rewards from it.

Randy Sacdalan? The sportscaster? Where the hell is he now? If that is the case then he should be back helping coach Gee man CSB's basketball program.

bossman
09-01-2008, 10:24 PM

Randy Sacdalan? The sportscaster? Where the hell is he now? If that is the case then he should be back helping coach Gee man CSB's basketball program.

Yeah the TV personality. He is now in Cebu na. He works there.

a_ron
09-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Saw him sa School USC he is there every Saturday I think he is teaching in the Graduate School..

bossman
09-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Saw him sa School USC he is there every Saturday I think he is teaching in the Graduate School..

He is an academician kasi it still runs in his veins. But the guy really knows his basketball.

ankle breaker
09-17-2008, 09:37 PM
dong vergerie, sya lang nagpachampion ng benilde.

bossman
09-17-2008, 09:43 PM
dong vergerie, sya lang nagpachampion ng benilde.

Well sya lang talaga for now kasi lahat ng winning season ng CSB is just under his time. Before and after nya talunan na.

Ahura Mazda
09-20-2008, 08:49 PM
^- Bakit ba sha nawala sa CSB?

bossman
09-20-2008, 10:30 PM

Kasi ginago sya ng politics ni Mark Galido Yun dati SDO head!

Get_Blazed
09-21-2008, 08:44 PM

Kasi ginago sya ng politics ni Mark Galido Yun dati SDO head!

^Please refrain from using offensive terms.

izon
10-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Any inputs about it?

Sana si Dindo Pumaren na lang ang coach. Nothing against Gee Abanilla pero with Dindo he can get good players with his connections. Hirap kasi kumuha ng magagaling na players ang CSB ngayon.

bossman
10-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Any inputs about it?

Sana si Dindo Pumaren na lang ang coach. Nothing against Gee Abanilla pero with Dindo he can get good players with his connections.* Hirap kasi kumuha ng magagaling na players ang CSB ngayon.

Well its a very nice suggestion. I also have nothing against Coach Gee and his staff. But you have addressed a very key issue here. Recruitment. How can you win without a solid recruitment program? And Coach Dindo has addressed that in UE. In their 14-0 season, you saw some recruits na pang one year lang. Sayang di lang sila nag champion but you see the program.

Get_Blazed
10-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Any inputs about it?

Sana si Dindo Pumaren na lang ang coach. Nothing against Gee Abanilla pero with Dindo he can get good players with his connections. Hirap kasi kumuha ng magagaling na players ang CSB ngayon.

Well its a very nice suggestion. I also have nothing against Coach Gee and his staff. But you have addressed a very key issue here. Recruitment. How can you win without a solid recruitment program? And Coach Dindo has addressed that in UE. In their 14-0 season, you saw some recruits na pang one year lang. Sayang di lang sila nag champion but you see the program.

But I doubt UE will let him go. Besides, he might not even want to come here and take a much nicer offer somewhere else. Am still for Coach Gee.

bossman
10-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Any inputs about it?

Sana si Dindo Pumaren na lang ang coach. Nothing against Gee Abanilla pero with Dindo he can get good players with his connections.* Hirap kasi kumuha ng magagaling na players ang CSB ngayon.

But I doubt UE will let him go. Besides, he might not even want to come here and take a much nicer offer somewhere else. Am still for Coach Gee.

You are correct! bakit naman bibitawan ng UE yun coach na alam laruin yun game nila. They have secrets in their game na hindi na natin dapat pa malaman.

izon
10-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Any inputs about it?

I agree that Coach Gee can coach, however, Benilde has to have a good recruitement program to be more effective.

gamecritic
11-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Panu na pala Coach Gie nyo? Kasama ni Yeng Guiao sa RP di ba? New Coach ba ulit?

AltarBoy^_^
11-04-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't think coach Gie will leave CSB agad-agad kahit may commitment siya sa RP team. Sa pagkakaalam ko eh nagka-rift si franz at gie kaya lumipat csb. And in terms of recruitment, Gie is highly qualified to develop players in CSB since he initiated the grassroots program sa DLSZ nung nandun pa siya. Hopefully, he can make one for the Blazers in the years to come. ;D

Get_Blazed
11-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't think coach Gie will leave CSB agad-agad kahit may commitment siya sa RP team. Sa pagkakaalam ko eh nagka-rift si franz at gie kaya lumipat csb. And in terms of recruitment, Gie is highly qualified to develop players in CSB since he initiated the grassroots program sa DLSZ nung nandun pa siya. Hopefully, he can make one for the Blazers in the years to come. ;D

Teka, I got confused. Was Gee ever a part of DLSZ?

And tama, he his has one more year in his contract. He can opt out after, or decide to extend.

AltarBoy^_^
11-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't think coach Gie will leave CSB agad-agad kahit may commitment siya sa RP team. Sa pagkakaalam ko eh nagka-rift si franz at gie kaya lumipat csb. And in terms of recruitment, Gie is highly qualified to develop players in CSB since he initiated the grassroots program sa DLSZ nung nandun pa siya. Hopefully, he can make one for the Blazers in the years to come.* ;D

And tama, he his has one more year in his contract. He can opt out after, or decide to extend.

He coached DLSZ before Boris Aldeguer took over. ;)

bossman
11-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I don't think coach Gie will leave CSB agad-agad kahit may commitment siya sa RP team. Sa pagkakaalam ko eh nagka-rift si franz at gie kaya lumipat csb. And in terms of recruitment, Gie is highly qualified to develop players in CSB since he initiated the grassroots program sa DLSZ nung nandun pa siya. Hopefully, he can make one for the Blazers in the years to come.* ;D

Galing yun time ni Coach Gee sa DLSZ. Pinapunta nya yun players nya sa CSB. The thing here kaya din sila napapunta kasi Coach Dong and Coach Gee goes way, way back sa college as team mates. Iba din talaga pag ang coaches nag bond they help each other.

gamecritic
11-05-2008, 11:09 PM

It's a well known fact na DLSZ coach po sya before. In fact sya nagsimula ng program, si Boris Aldeguer lang ang nag harvest. The Red Bull offer just came in the way. Who can refuse the pros naman db?

11-06-2008, 12:05 PM

He coached DLSZ before Boris Aldeguer took over.* ;)

Gee graduated and played for Zobel in HS but he never coached there.

AltarBoy^_^
11-06-2008, 09:25 PM

He coached DLSZ before Boris Aldeguer took over.* ;)

Gee graduated and played for Zobel in HS but he never coached there.

My bad, he is the clinic coach ng grassroots program sa DLSZ and Boris was the one who coached and helped in the clinic. Thank you for that correction! ;D

gameface_one
01-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Del Rosario excited by CSB coaching job

By JONAS TERRADO
mb.com.ph

Newly-installed College of Saint Benilde coach Richard del Rosario is excited about the opportunity of being a first time head coach.

Del Rosario, who was designated as a temporary replacement to Gee Abanilla, is hoping to lead the Blazers in improving their 4-10 record the previous year.

"I have been an assistant for Harbour Centre in their first PBL championship and also as an assistant of Gee last season and Iím very excited about this opportunity as head coach," said del Rosario. "I think with the support of the school hopefully we can improve on our standing last season."

Abanilla, who will be the teamís consultant for the meantime, recommended Del Rosario to school officials as he plans to concentrate on his role as an assistant of the all-pro RP national team squad under Yeng Guiao.

"Iíll take over just for this year because Gee is committed sa RP team at baka magkaroon ng conflict sa NCAA so he recommended me to take over for the meantime," said del Rosario.

The Blazers lost three key players from last season in Archie David, Gary Sevilla and Dustin Posadas but del Rosario is happy to recruit a promising player in former RP Youth member Mark de Guzman to the squad.

Del Rosario, a former PBA player for Sta Lucia, is set to continue the schoolís long-term program this year after making a decent three-win improvement from a dismal 1-11 record in 2007 prior to Abanillaís arrival.

"Our buildup to our program is too early but we are trying to put up a long-term program para masustain naman yung basketball program ng CSB. And our eventual goal is to be a contender sa NCAA again," he said.

As for a possible Final Four entry, del Rosario is not making bold expectations for now.

"Madami pa kaming dapat gawin para maging Final Four team," said del Rosario. "I think we have a better team this year kaya nga lang nagpalakas din yung ibang schools. So ngayon were not looking for the final four but our goal is to improve from last season and if we reach the Final Four, blessing na sa amin yun."

Del Rosario is currently coaching the Blazers in the ongoing Father Martin Cup. CSB is expected to have holdovers Anjelo Montecastro and Jeff Morial, among others, when the league opens during the middle part of the year.

bossman
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
All the best for Coach Richard! :)

AltarBoy^_^
01-12-2009, 11:36 PM
I will be more excited if we win more games! Best of luck to Coach Del Rosario! ;D

The_Big_Cat
01-13-2009, 07:05 AM
One of the probable reasons why Gee Abanila step down is he will likely to coach Red Bull in the next PBA conference. And we all know that one cannot become a head coach of a PBA team and* a collegiate team at the same time.

This will be a great opportunity for Del Rosario. Ang tanong, saan manggagaling ang mga recruits niya?

AltarBoy^_^
01-14-2009, 07:05 PM
One of the probable reasons why Gee Abanila step down is he will likely to coach Red Bull in the next PBA conference. And we all know that one cannot become a head coach of a PBA team and* a collegiate team at the same time.

This will be a great opportunity for Del Rosario. Ang tanong, saan manggagaling ang mga recruits niya?

That is just one of the many questions we would like to ask too but we are giving him the benefit of the doubt that he can maintain the system that Coach Gee is leaving behind. Hopefully the recruitment system will improve! ;D

bossman
01-15-2009, 09:17 PM
One of the probable reasons why Gee Abanila step down is he will likely to coach Red Bull in the next PBA conference. And we all know that one cannot become a head coach of a PBA team and a collegiate team at the same time.

That is just one of the many questions we would like to ask too but we are giving him the benefit of the doubt that he can maintain the system that Coach Gee is leaving behind. Hopefully the recruitment system will improve! ;D

That is really the aspect they need to beef up. Recruitment. If the are really serious in contending for a final four slot, they must have a formidable team. A team the can play the full 40 minutes. I also want to add they if they slowly make a name for themselves in the small leagues, players might be checking them out.

Get_Blazed
01-22-2009, 03:55 PM
So RP Youth member Mark De Guzman is going to play, after all. Looking forward to improvement! :)

bossman
06-23-2009, 01:46 PM
So what is the game plan of Coach Richard?

AltarBoy^_^
06-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Hard-nosed Defense and to RUN and RUN! Speed is our only chance against the bigger teams! ;)

lady baller
06-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Hard-nosed Defense and to RUN and RUN! Speed is our only chance against the bigger teams! ;)

good point! ;D