PDA

View Full Version : Stags in the Pro League

King_stag
08-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Who is the best cager from baste in the pro ranks?

Here are the stats from the recently concluded cup:

Homer Se (Air 21) - 8.86 ppg/6.76 rpg/1.21 apg
Rodney Santos (Ginebra) - 7 ppg/2 rpg/1 apg
Mark Macapagal (Coca-Cola) - 8.20 ppg/2.30 rpg/1.20 apg
Leomar Najorda (RB) - 8.22 ppg/3.22 rpg/1.39 apg
Topex Robinson (RB) - 4.80ppg/3.55 rpg/3.30 apg/1.50 spg
Christian Coronel (SLR) - 0.87ppg/0.83rpg/.60apg

sa_pula
08-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Wala ng mas gagaling pa kay HOMER SE..Combo player,Powerpoorward at Toinkguard san kapa...

Get the women and children out of the way.

King_stag
08-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Wala ng mas gagaling pa kay HOMER SE..Combo player,Powerpoorward at Toinkguard san kapa...

Get the women and children out of the way.

A combination of "Larong Kalabaw" and "Larong Buko" ;D at times he can provide the clutch baskets, the only problem is he doesnt have a brake pedal

christian
08-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Hehehe ayos!

eightyfiver
08-25-2008, 10:10 PM
There was this one batch of NCAA champion Stags that was able have all of their players enter the PBA. That team would probably rank as one of the strongest college team ever. Kasama yata si Alvarez 'don.

King_stag
08-25-2008, 10:24 PM
There was this one batch of NCAA champion Stags that was able* have all of their players enter the PBA. That team would probably rank as one of the strongest college team ever. Kasama yata si Alvarez 'don.

Though i was born in '85, i know that this is the riot filled '80s season. Alvarez and Samboy Lim(letran) bannered their respected schools and that started it all. ;D

untamed
08-26-2008, 02:53 AM
dagdag lang...

art dela cruz
toying teves
bong solomon
eugene quilban
cris bade
bong alvarez
django rivera

There was this one batch of NCAA champion Stags that was able have all of their players enter the PBA. That team would probably rank as one of the strongest college team ever. Kasama yata si Alvarez 'don.

untamed
08-26-2008, 03:01 AM
also this 2 players is also a part of the stag team before they transfer to different school.

Carlos Sharma
Yousif Aljamal

Joescoundrel
08-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Didn't 6'7" center Clark "Pep" Moore play professionally?

bchoter
08-26-2008, 11:27 AM
dagdag lang...

art dela cruz
toying teves
bong solomon
eugene quilban
cris bade
bong alvarez
django rivera

There was this one batch of NCAA champion Stags that was able* have all of their players enter the PBA. That team would probably rank as one of the strongest college team ever. Kasama yata si Alvarez 'don.

I think Nap Hatton and Eton Navarro were also part of that team although I'm not sure if Eton made it to the PBA..
Among the older notable Stags I can only remember Nani Demegillo and Egay Macaraya going to the pro ranks.

In the batch of Adducul the following also made it to the pros:
Rodney Santos
Banjo Calpito
Jasper Ocampo
Brixter Encarnacion
Rommel Daep
Ulysses Tanigue
Christian Coronel

And then the champion batch of Macpagal followed which includes:
Leo Najorda
Chris Baluyot

BTW, did Jerome Barbosa make it to the pros?

AnthonyServinio
08-26-2008, 11:54 AM
I think Nap Hatton and Eton Navarro were also part of that team although I'm not sure if Eton made it to the PBA..
* * *Francisco Navarro had a very brief PBA stint with Alaska Milk.

BTW, did Jerome Barbosa make it to the pros?

* * *Jerome Barbosa played professionally for the MBA's Laguna Lakers from 2000 to 2001.

King_stag
08-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Didn't 6'7" center Clark "Pep" Moore play professionally?

He applied for the draft but wasnt picked ;D
some say he played with several pba teams but wasnt able to land a contract.

bchoter
08-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Add Peter Martin to the list din pala.

Sam Miguel
08-26-2008, 01:35 PM
What's become of Rodney Santos? I saw him in street clothes almost all throughout this PBA conference right behind the Barangay Ginebra bench. Has he been reduced to being a practice player?

King_stag
08-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Rodney Santos of Guilly's? ;D Ginebra pla, I think there is more than one reason.

Here is my list:

1. Injuries, and he's not getting any younger.

2. Too much partying for the young guy ;D

3. Disciplinary action from the team/coaching? refer to number 2.

Joescoundrel
08-27-2008, 01:08 PM
^ I don't think Rodney Santos ever recovered fully form that injury he sustained about a year and a half ago. He went down in one game, limped off the court, was then placed in the injured list, was rehabbed, but then had several comeback postponements before resurfacing some two conferences ago. When he returned he had lost some quickness and was no longer the greyhound he was on the fastbreak before the injury. I can't for the life of me even remember the exact injury, maybe it was a really bad knee sprain that came close to being an ACL and/or MCL injury.

ankle breaker
08-28-2008, 09:33 PM
i saw rodney at greenhills with his son. i think he's done in the PBA.

The_Big_Cat
08-29-2008, 10:56 AM
also this 2 players is also a part of the stag team before they transfer to different school.

Carlos Sharma
Yousif Aljamal

Merwin Castelo played for the Staglets and a year for the Stags before transferring to the Red Lions.

wolfy
09-02-2008, 06:17 PM
i wathed jason ballesteros' interview, next year daw magaapply na sya sa PBA draft., do u think he will be drafted in the first round if ever he is drafted?

untamed
09-02-2008, 06:20 PM
i think he will have a good chance but he must improve his offense, especially his footwork and dribble around the basket...

wolfy
09-02-2008, 08:29 PM
yup, I coudnt agree more.
I see a rafy reavis in him e. long and "sexy" i think magkasing laki lng sila e.

jpmalpas
09-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Yep! Dapat pang improve ni Ballesteros ang kanyang offense para makuha sya sa PBA, pero kaya nya naman eh, matagal pa naman ang draft, tsaka may PBL pa, pwede pa nyang iimprove dun. :D

wolfy
09-11-2008, 12:36 PM
si topex sa purefoods na!!!