PDA

View Full Version : The Great King Stags!

Wang-Bu
08-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Hindi po si Sir King_Stag ang ibig natin sabihin ha, mga players ng Baste. ;D

Sa ganang akin siempre naman si Rommel "The General" Adducul, na nagbigay ng limang kampeonato sa San Sebastian.

bydpogi
08-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Rodney Santos ;)

untamed
08-25-2008, 05:04 PM
in the 80's

bong alvarez

in the 90's

adducul is ok but i think the player that make a difference in the drive for five campaign of the stags is tanigue.

King_stag
08-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Rommel Adducul is the most decorated player who suited fo baste. "The General" is currently fighting the big C, and he's doing well. maybe a couple of months away from playing shape :)

christian
08-25-2008, 09:22 PM
nakumpleto ba ni Rommel yung 5-peat ng Baste?

King_stag
08-25-2008, 09:27 PM
nakumpleto ba ni Rommel yung 5-peat ng Baste?

yep, that's '93-'97 :)

untamed
08-26-2008, 02:47 AM
^^^
correction sir, adducul enter the team in 94.

i think rommel daep experienced all the 5 championships... ;D

Joescoundrel
08-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Rommel Adducul has won at almost every level: high school, college, the PBL, the MBA and the PBA. I doubt if there are any other San Sebastian players who have had as much success as he had.

bchoter
08-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Bong Alvarez comes close although he has not won a crown in the PBA. His edge over Adducul is that he was always among the top players in all the teams he played with during his prime. STill, I'd pick Adducul over him as the ultimate King Stag.

christian
08-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Rommel Adducul has won at almost every level: high school, college, the PBL, the MBA and the PBA. I doubt if there are any other San Sebastian players who have had as much success as he had.

Sir Joe, san ba nag HS si Rommel? And how did he land in SSC-R? TY.

King_stag
08-26-2008, 09:13 PM

I have a professor who told me that he was about to try out for san beda pero hindi daw pinapasok kasi naka-tsinelas kaya he crossed the street. ;D I dont even know if this is true, but I always hear it.

untamed
08-26-2008, 11:43 PM

I have a professor who told me that he was about to try out for san beda pero hindi daw pinapasok kasi naka-tsinelas kaya he crossed the street. ;D I dont even know if this is true, but I always hear it.

yeah that's the urban legend sabi ng iba naligaw daw kaya napunta sa baste... nag HS yata siya sa cagayan.

bchoter
08-27-2008, 10:48 AM
He is from St. Paul's College Tuguegarrao and he represented Cagayan Valley in the Palarong Pambansa volleyball tournament.

christian
08-27-2008, 11:20 AM

I have a professor who told me that he was about to try out for san beda pero hindi daw pinapasok kasi naka-tsinelas kaya he crossed the street.* ;D I dont even know if this is true, but I always hear it.

That's why I asked :)

Joescoundrel
08-27-2008, 11:30 AM
He is from St. Paul's College Tuguegarrao and he represented Cagayan Valley in the Palarong Pambansa volleyball tournament.

How's that for a King Stag? Two-sport athlete! ;D

What I really wonder about is why he chose to play in the MBA when his peers including former RP Youth teammates Danny Ildefonso and Bryan Gahol went to the PBA.

Of course in the MBA Adducul was arguably the best player there and was the pillar of the Manila Metrostars. Still, why didn't he just go straight to the PBA?

One last thing, wasn't Adducul also part of that ABC Asian All Stars team that included that knucklehead 6'8" Chinese forward who was a teammate of Wang Zhizhi's and Yao Ming's? I think they played an exhibition game against a bunch of PBA All Stars and had their arses handed to them. In that game Adducul got his shot blocked twice by Eric Menk in one sequence. Adducul was still with the MBA then and the PBA fans gave him a lot of grief with heckles, boos, hisses and jeers during that game.

bchoter
08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Not sure but I think the substantial difference between what he got in the MBA, which was said to be 500K a month and paid partially by the MBA, and the max salary offered in the PBA (rookie or otherwise). I think the max salary in the PBA is no longer 500K.

Joescoundrel
08-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Bchoter, I believe the maximum individual salary now in the PBA is P350,000 a month. It used to be P500,000 a month from around 1988 until around 1998 I think.

Moving on to Adducul's financial considerations and all, if that be the case then how come equally talented players like Ildefonso and Gahol still chose to go to the PBA? Although I'd wager Adducul must have been the only one among his peers offered that much. Probably why the MBA eventually folded up - the whole league was playing just to pay Adducul's salary. ;D

Among the present Stags I'd say Jim Viray would have to be the man. He is the undisputed leader of the team and his play normally reflects his team's performance, i.e. if he plays well especially when his numbers are good the Stags win, the reverse also being generally true.

Speaking of King Stags, whatever became of Viray's former teammates 6'3" swingman Red Vicente, 6'4" power forward Omar Ampatuan and 6'8" center Jon-jon De Leon?

King_stag
08-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Omar Moses ampatuan was cutted by team. Francis De Leon plays for a team in Liga Pilipinas

a_ron
09-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Bong Alvarez score 71 points in 1 game greatest among Stags

The_Big_Cat
09-02-2008, 10:42 AM
One last thing, wasn't Adducul also part of that ABC Asian All Stars team that included that knucklehead 6'8" Chinese forward who was a teammate of Wang Zhizhi's and Yao Ming's? I think they played an exhibition game against a bunch of PBA All Stars and had their arses handed to them. In that game Adducul got his shot blocked twice by Eric Menk in one sequence. Adducul was still with the MBA then and the PBA fans gave him a lot of grief with heckles, boos, hisses and jeers during that game.
It was actually Marlou Aquino who blocked Rommel Adducul in that play. The Chinese teammate of Adducul was Li Nan.

IIRC, Adducul came in late in that all-star game because he had a game earlier in the MBA for the Manila MetroStars.
This was in 2000. When the Asian Basketball Confederation (now FIBA-Asia) All-Star selection met the PBA Alll-Stars.
Adducul was part of the ABC All Stars. The ABC All Stars was composed of the different players from all of Asia.

It was a yearly calendar for the ABC. A year before that it was the South Korean All Stars vs ABC All Stars.

BedanRoar
09-02-2008, 12:17 PM
It was actually Marlou Aquino who blocked Rommel Adducul in that play. The Chinese teammate of Adducul was Li Nan.

IIRC, Adducul came in late in that all-star game because he had a game earlier in the MBA for the Manila MetroStars.
This was in 2000. When the Asian Basketball Confederation (now FIBA-Asia) All-Star selection met the PBA Alll-Stars.
Adducul was part of the ABC All Stars. The ABC All Stars was composed of the different players from all of Asia.

It was a yearly calendar for the ABC. A year before that it was the South Korean All Stars vs ABC All Stars.

Yup, that's right. I recall Adducul coming from another game (two games in a day)before facing the PBA All-Stars.

MonL
09-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Remember Dave Supnet and Norbie Rivera from the 1973 Champion Stags?

coreytaylor
09-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Topex! ;)

-insane-
09-06-2008, 08:57 AM
adducul talaga the best stag who played the game

a_ron
09-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Leomar Najorda i think he is also good in his own right being the MVp and playing a vital role for redbull in the PBA

-insane-
09-11-2008, 02:25 PM
topex robinson baka mag sign na sa Purefoods

ankle breaker
09-11-2008, 09:47 PM
nag sign nga si topex, naiwan lang ng team papuntang ibang bansa kasi huli na nang pumirma.

wolfy
09-17-2008, 01:27 PM
ayos!! babalik na talaga si Aduccul sa pba!!!

http://www.mb.com.ph/SPRT20080917135441.html

dioning
10-02-2008, 04:54 PM
dave supnet
'73 champion team
6'2" lang
nakaka-dunk(dobol hand jam) na
minalas lang
naka-abang sa ilalim niya
si dave brodett ng beda
after that
ga-toothpick nalang