PDA

View Full Version : UAAP Season 71 Game 12: DLSU Green Archers vs. UST Growling Tigers

bigfreeze_bibby
08-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Now that La Salle has dropped a crucial game last Saturday, it will be imperative for them to win their remaining three games starting against UST this Thursday. During their first round encounter, the Archers escaped with an 85-84 win wherein the Tigers exposed the weakness of Archers' pressure defense from the third to fourth canto to make the game close until the buzzer. Reigning MVP Jervy Cruz made life hard for our frontline and I am not sure at this point what would be the team's strategy on Thursday as we saw in the past games of the Archers wherein Maui Villanueva mans the pivot spot more as compared to Ferdinand and Walsham.

I am not yet sure if Casio and Atkins will play to full potential on Thursday as both men are coming from sickness and injuries respectively and will be the target of UST guards Fenequito, Allera, Mirza, Bautista, and Fortuna. Mangahas, Barua, Revilla, and Maierhofer should step up big time if they want victory and keep in pace with FEU for the other twice to beat advantage spot. Ateneo is now a sure lock to finish in first place since La Salle is their lone competitive assignment to round out the elimination round.

Missing in action players Bagatsing and Malabes should start contributing as well if DLSU wants to eke out a win on Thursday. These two might just be the x-factors to spread the defense more and remove the focus from Casio, Mangahas, Barua, and Maierhofer. Malabes has been shooting poorly at present from the three point area and has been tentative on offense as well, often passing shots and then either giving up the ball or committing a turnover. If he starts clicking then this will give us a better chance of winning ballgames. His defense though, is good which is an asset for the team as of the moment and gives him playing minutes for the Archers.

As for UST, the main problem will still be the PG position. All rookies have been taking charge at present to orchestrate UST's plays and this could be exploited by the Archers on Thursday unless Japs goes back to his tip-top shape and will once again be the number one choice at the PG position for coach Pido's wards. But then, even though La Salle did a whole second half long pressure defense on UST, it wasn't enough to dispose the Tigers and even gave the Archers a scare until Mangahas made tough shots to help DLSU get the win.

DLSU's problem will be the frontline defense on UST's athletic big men while UST's problem will be on the backcourt manning the PG spot. Both teams can't afford to lose this Thursday as it will ruin each team's objectives for the playoffs. For La Salle, a loss will mean they'd drop to third and will enable UE to catch up on them in the final four rankings while a loss for UST would mean that their door in the final four is slowly closing since they'll fall further on the number four team right now, which is UE.

I won't be surprised if the game will go to overtime this Thursday. For the supporters and the fans, please watch the game live and support our respective teams as this is a crucial point for our teams at this point of the season.

ANIMO LA SALLE!

xbluex
08-25-2008, 05:12 PM
i read somewhere that coach pumaren won't be around for this game. is this true? if so, any info as to why he won't be there?

GHRanger
08-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Coach Franz along with Coach Gee and Coach Tonichi will be coaching the RP Youth Team at Tehran. Coaches Tyrone and Cholo will be coaching this game. He'll miss the next 2 games.

glock23
08-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Coach Franz along with Coach Gee and Coach Tonichi will be coaching the RP Youth Team at Tehran. Coaches Tyrone and Cholo will be coaching this game. He'll miss the next 2 games.

Jack Santiago along with tyrone and cholo will do the coaching chores in the absence of coach franz.

christian
08-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Gee Abanilla of CSB?

yellow_we
08-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Hey Good luck guys! May the best team win! Hope it will be a close match just like the last time. :)

Viva Santo Tomas!!

GHRanger
08-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Gee Abanilla of CSB?

Oops my bad!!!
Sorry, i have this impression in my head that Gee is still with DLSU.
HAHAHAHA

ArcherAdictant
08-26-2008, 09:00 PM
UST vs LaSalle will be a great game. UST will fight for their lives. LaSalle will do their best to get twice to beat. Let's see what happens.

Animo LaSalle!

christian
08-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Gee Abanilla of CSB?

Oops my bad!!!
Sorry, i have this impression in my head that Gee is still with DLSU.
HAHAHAHA

So it means coach Gee will be there for CSB's game? Thanks!

Istorbo
08-27-2008, 02:28 PM
DLSU WILL BE IN THE FINALS if it beats both UST and Ateneo (2/3).The Adamson game is a gimme so if DLSU sweeps, I think they will have great momentum and barge into the finals.

But...if they lose against one of the two, it's pretty likely they'll end up #3 behind FEU.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-28-2008, 12:03 AM
I don't feel that it is right for us to underestimate Adamson as of now. Let us all remember what NU did to Ateneo last season. It is more dangerous to face an opponent which has nothing to lose at this point. All three games are important to us and we cannot afford to lose any of them to at least have a playoff for the 2nd twice to beat advantage berth in the final four.

Istorbo
08-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Adamson doesn't have the firepower nor the attitude to pull off an NU.DLSU will win against Adamson.

The UST game starts everything off for the Archers.You're in for one heck of a fight.

RockLobster
08-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Got to see the updates online. Maui Villanueva tipped in a miss by L.A. Revilla with one-tenths of a second left to lift La Salle pass UST, 81-79. Casio led the Archers with 29 points. Looked like a great game to watch live. Congratulations to the Green and White!

coreytaylor
08-28-2008, 06:57 PM
^^ intense game. as usual, jv delivered the goods but maui saved dlsu big time. rico had a miserable day at the ft line.

ArcherAdictant
08-28-2008, 08:20 PM
It was a great game. A second I thought that LaSalle will loose it, but good thing, Maui was there to save the game for the Archers. 1 down. 2 more to go. Animo LaSalle!

tigerman
08-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Another classic game from the two 4-peat champions. congrats guys!

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

batangueño
08-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Whew! What a game indeed! Congratulations to the Archers for winning today's game! :)

Classic UAAP basketball played by both the Archers and the Tigers today. On the part of La Salle, JV showed his scoring prowess and his leadership buoyed the team while PJ Barua, Rico (too bad he fouled out but I loved his dunk today) and James played good basketball while for UST, the tag team of Jervy and Dylan did a fine job (too bad Dylan fouled out too).

However, I could not help but commend today's HERO- Maui Villanueva. Aside from playing good basketball, that buzzer-beating shot, courtesy of LA Revilla, saved the Archers. Thank God for Maui and LA! Mabuhay kayong dalawa! :)

AN1MO LA SALLE!

nash_bedista
08-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Galing ni L.A, parang sumali sa Playstation Skills Challenge ng NBA. 2-2-1 Press of UST nawasak kay Revilla ..

sanlo
08-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Whew! What a game indeed! Congratulations to the Archers for winning today's game! :)

Classic UAAP basketball played by both the Archers and the Tigers today. On the part of La Salle, JV showed his scoring prowess and his leadership buoyed the team while PJ Barua, Rico (too bad he fouled out but I loved his dunk today) and James played good basketball while for UST, the tag team of Jervy and Dylan did a fine job (too bad Dylan fouled out too).

However, I could not help but commend today's HERO- Maui Villanueva. Aside from playing good basketball, that buzzer-beating shot, courtesy of LA Revilla, saved the Archers. Thank God for Maui and LA! Mabuhay kayong dalawa! :)

AN1MO LA SALLE!

Congrats to la salle especially the Rookies!

christian
08-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Your rookies are giving Ryan and Nico a run for their money!

bossman
08-28-2008, 10:48 PM
A very big win!

Animo La Salle!

cub
08-29-2008, 12:35 AM
a very entertaining game indeed. again, superb performance from JVee Casio. 29pts, 6boards, 3 assists. he has a strong chance of being the MVP this season. :)

The_Big_Cat
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
You can see it from the replay that when LA Revilla got past his man, he was hell bent of getting straight to the basket. And boy he was really fast! If it weren't for his fouls, malamang si Rico ang mag follow-up jam in the last play.

glock23
08-29-2008, 04:42 PM
You can see it from the replay that when LA Revilla got past his man, he was hell bent of getting straight to the basket. And boy he was really fast! If it weren't for his fouls, malamang si Rico ang mag follow-up jam in the last play.

kung si rico ang nandun, tyak overtime yon! the scenario yesterday was totally fine! ;)

stonecold316
08-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Sorry loss for UST. bawi na lang sa UE.

GHRanger
09-01-2008, 10:32 AM

I wasn't able to watch the whole game but saw the last 5 secs via you tube.
LA being fast is an understatement! He weaved through 5 Tigers and got away with a shot, di lang pumasok. Di mo masabing kulang sa coverage ng UST kasi 5 players yung nagcollapse sa kanya.

The_Big_Cat
09-01-2008, 11:05 AM
^nagkakandarapa nga yung UST to chase Revilla. ;D

Everybody thought that Casio will get the ball but he was covered very well. And LA grabbed the opportunity.
Dapat may monicker na si Revilla.

LION
09-01-2008, 01:42 PM
As I said before, LA Revilla is a much better pointguard than Simon Atkins. You could see it the way he orchestrates the offense of the Green Archers. Smooth as silk.

bossman
09-01-2008, 11:04 PM
LA Revilla, a Tonyboy Espinosa prototype. Very fast, very quick has the mid range jumper. Plays defense well and hustles. I hope to see him rise to stardom in the years to come.