PDA

View Full Version : baby falcons

biboy
08-22-2008, 07:29 PM
galing!

eightyfiver
08-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Sino-sino ba ang star players dito. Ang ganda ng pinapakita nila so far.

THE ONLOOKER
08-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Juruena, Dix and Maderazo ;)

Joescoundrel
11-04-2008, 09:39 AM
^ Speaking of the above, what are they doing now apart from presumably getting back to their studies?

Mark Juruena and Russel Dix are pretty solid prospects and both look legitimately 6'4" each. Juruena is a multi-position type who seems to be a designated forward. but he has the handles and the trigger to play some point forward. Dix is more of a prototype 4/5 but is more fluid and athletic than most guys his age at the same position.

As for Jay Maderazo he still seems to be finding out what his limits are. He looks like a solid 6'1" swingman, very athletic and plays with some intelligence and good instinct. But he has not yet defined his game, and what he can hang his hat on as a player. Still, he is an intriguing prospect at the perimeter positions.

If I were Adamson team management I would do everything I can to keep these Baby Falcons in the lair and make certain they go all the way up to the senior division. Juruena is especially vital since he already has MVP credentials and still seems to be growing physically, he could top off at 6'6" or 6'7".

CM_Punk
11-16-2008, 04:24 PM
^ Very impressed with Mark Juruena in the game today between the UAAP and NCAA juniors. He had some shifty offensive moves to the basket, and showed no fear in going up against the taller frontline of the NCAA for the crucial rebounds. Mark is from General Santos City, so pretty soon he would also be a well-known name in the sports world, similar to his kababayan Manny P.* :D

Too bad Dix wasn't selected for the game, as I would have liked to see him go up against the forwards of the NCAA team. Is Dix also graduating this season like Juruena, or is he only a junior? From what I read somewhere, Russell is half-British, and hails from Pangasinan.

bchoter
11-16-2008, 11:28 PM
I got to watch Juruena and Dix play the day before the Bantay Bata All-Star game when the BAby Falcons went up against PCCr in a MMBL Juniors game. I really came away impressed with Juruena. Agree with Joe, point-forward is his real game as he's directed the plays of the Baby Falcons in some instances. He was athletic but doesn't rely too much on this as shown in a fastbreak play where, instead of just rising above his defender, he made a stutter step to the right, forcing his defender to go to that direction. He then dribbled behind his back and ended the move with a simple finger roll with the left hand. He is always very much in control of his game and is hardly flustered. He's shown good basketball IQ and appears to be focused.

Dix, I think doesn't have explosive foot speed, but covers ground quickly. In fact he looks lead footed but, as a PCCr player belatedly realized when Dix had his shot blocked after the former tought he's got the right side of the lane on his own. Dix was able to provide help defense coming form the opposite end of the box without losing cover of the passing line. And he also has suprisingly good hands as he recovers quickly form awkward drop passes and convert inside with either hands.

The Baby Falcons also have another 6'4"-like player but is a bit on the heavy side and a tad slower in foot speed than Dix. Hughes also looks a bit knock-kneed. But he can be a project. Abaigar is another tall player who nver got to play much last season.

biboy
02-25-2009, 08:45 PM
I got to watch Juruena and Dix play the day before the Bantay Bata All-Star game when the BAby Falcons went up against PCCr in a MMBL Juniors game. I really came away impressed with Juruena. Agree with Joe, point-forward is his real game as he's directed the plays of the Baby Falcons in some instances. He was athletic but doesn't rely too much on this as shown in a fastbreak play where, instead of just rising above his defender, he made a stutter step to the right, forcing his defender to go to that direction. He then dribbled behind his back and ended the move with a simple finger roll with the left hand. He is always very much in control of his game and is hardly flustered. He's shown good basketball IQ and appears to be focused.

Dix, I think doesn't have explosive foot speed, but covers ground quickly. In fact he looks lead footed but, as a PCCr player belatedly realized when Dix had his shot blocked after the former tought he's got the right side of the lane on his own. Dix was able to provide help defense coming form the opposite end of the box without losing cover of the passing line. And he also has suprisingly good hands as he recovers quickly form awkward drop passes and convert inside with either hands.

The Baby Falcons also have another 6'4"-like player but is a bit on the heavy side and a tad slower in foot speed than Dix. Hughes also looks a bit knock-kneed. But he can be a project. Abaigar is another tall player who nver got to play much last season.

maglalaro na ba si juruena nxt yr sa srs.???????

Joescoundrel
03-25-2009, 09:38 AM
^ I believe Mark Juruena has shown up at a couple of tryouts over at Loyola Heights as well as at UERM.

Friendly advice to the powers-that-be in San Marcelino: do EVERYTHING you can to keep Juruena, because this kid will surely be the next great King Falcon if you keep him in the lair and treat him right.

Growling.Fish
04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
So where is this kid Juruena going? He seems under-hyped for a UAAP Juniors MVP.

biboy
04-07-2009, 10:27 PM
So where is this kid Juruena going? He seems under-hyped for a UAAP Juniors MVP.

bkit nakaline-up parin sya sa nike elite camp???

Wang-Bu
04-14-2009, 11:51 AM
^^ Edad lang kasi tinitignan sa Nike Elite, gaya nung Teodoro ng Informatics na nagwagi sa 3-point shootout nila, first year college na sa Informatics si Teodoro pero sama pa din sa Nike Elite gawa ng siya ay 16 going on 17 pa lamang. Sa pagkakaalam ko ganun din ang kaso ni Juruena, 16 going on 17 pa lang. Ibig sabihin kahit hanggang Nike Elite next year pwede pang sumali si Juruena kasi 17-under ang cutoff nila.

batangueño
04-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Unless there is confirmation of such as facts, the following shall remain as mere rumors, as how I heard them from several sources, about the potential make-up of the UP men's basketball team in UAAP Season 72:

* The following players are rumored to be cut from the team (UP Team A): Ron Pajela, Migs De Asis, Miggy Maniego, Paul Sorongon, Don Carlo Fortu and Czarlo Dela Victoria.

* Aside from LSGH Greenies point guard Mikee Reyes, UP was rumored to have another won the bid for another blue chip recruit: UAAP Season 71 Juniors' Most Valuable Player, 6'4" power forward-center Mark Juruena of the Adamson Baby Falcons.

* Several UP Team B players were rumored to be candidates for promotion to UP Team A. Among those rumored to be candidates for promotion are Carlo Gomez and Alvin Padilla.

Again, let me emphasize that unless there is confirmation of such as facts, those things that I have mentioned would remain as mere rumors.

salsa caballero
04-15-2009, 11:07 PM
I guess that makes someone a rumor mongerer, then.

christian
04-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Mark Juruena awwww!

Sam Miguel
04-20-2009, 06:50 PM
According to Coach Leo Austria former Baby Falcons Mark Juruena and Russel Dix have not yet been given their release papers / high school credentials by Adamson. Therefore their being in the seniors lineups of UP and UST respectively are not yet done deals.

Juruena, the multi-skilled 6-foot-4 forward and Season 71 juniors MVP, had a pretty good debut albeit in a losing cause versus JRU in the Fil Oil, while Dix, the 6-foot-4 forward-center, barely stirred for UST in their own loss also to JRU in the Nike.

Outlander
04-20-2009, 08:38 PM
^ While I kinda empathize with Coach Leo Austria and Adamson since their 2 promising HS recruits have chosen to play elsewhere for college (which happened to UP), I hope they won't be too sour grapes about the whole thing, and will give the 2 kids the proper HS clearance already, and not force them to spend an extra year for residency. Juruena and Dix were 2 big factors in helping the Adamson HS team reach the Final Four last season, and their college decision should not be taken against them by the school administration.

christian
04-21-2009, 04:19 PM
For college basketball fans, wala na sanang kasunod yung kay Rivera and Pascual.

Hayup pala tong si Juruena ;)

Regular Grey
04-21-2009, 04:37 PM
For college basketball fans, wala na sanang kasunod yung kay Rivera and Pascual.

Hayup pala tong si Juruena* ;)

Di siya Tao?? ;D

christian
04-21-2009, 05:03 PM

Hayup pala tong si Juruena* ;)

Di siya Tao??* *;D

Hehehe... Hindi eh... lalo na kapag katabi nya si Silungan :D

THE ONLOOKER
04-23-2009, 11:39 PM
^ I believe Mark Juruena has shown up at a couple of tryouts over at Loyola Heights as well as at UERM.

Friendly advice to the powers-that-be in San Marcelino: do EVERYTHING you can to keep Juruena, because this kid will surely be the next great King Falcon if you keep him in the lair and treat him right.

I thought Juruena was locked (I don't know what particular deal) to Adamson.

It sucks to hear him tryout and to transfer elsewhere. It's a big slap on the face for the Juniors and Seniors basketball coaching staff.

watiwawa
04-28-2009, 03:27 PM
vitug tried out for other team. anung year na sya?

biboy
09-25-2010, 12:14 AM
22o ba to??????

http://www.enotes.com/topic/Adamson_Baby_Falcons

Kenith Llauderes of Adamson Falcons exploded for 103 points vs. UP with the score of 212-12. Llauderes also grabbed 20 rebounds, 15 assists, 16 steals and amazing 11 blocks.