PDA

View Full Version : Purefoods TJ Giants' Noy Castillo hangs jersey

myktristan
08-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Castillo hangs jersey
by Rey Joble
http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=sports4_aug21_2008

THERE will be no more golden finish for the man known as The Golden Boy.

Noy Castillo, one of Purefoods’ most trusted veterans, has decided to call it quits after 10 years of playing in the Philippine Basketball Association.

Castillo’s decision to retire was confirmed by Purefoods board governor Rene Pardo in a text message to Standard Today.

The 6-0 guard was taken in by Purefoods after playing one season for the Shell Turbochargers.

The sweet-shooting Castillo quickly provided the team’s weakness on the perimeter game as he blended well with some of the team’s mainstays that included Alvin Patrimonio, Jerry Codiñera and Rey Evangelista.

He was a member of the Purefoods champion team of 2005-2006 Philippine Cup and part of the RP team that competed in the Busan Asian Games handled by Jong Uichico.

Castillo’s decision to hang his jersey came barely a month after another veteran—Evangelista—also called it quits.

“They (Castillo and Evangelista) have been a major part of the team and helped the squad to become what it is now. They are good professionals and never gave us problems in their long years of service,” said Pardo.

Former Purefoods coach Eric Altamirano also had memorable moments handling both players.

“Noy is one of my best clutch shooters while Rey was instrumental in helping me win my first championship,” said Altamirano.

Evangelista is reportedly being considered to become a member of the team’s coaching staff where he is expected to share his knowledge on the defensive end.
---------------------------------------------------------------
good luck to Noy and Rey on their retirement and the possibilities of being a coach, asst. coach, trainer, basketball analyst, commentator and etc!

The_Big_Cat
08-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Tito "Noy" Castillo was the second over-all pick in the 1998 PBA draft by San Miguel.
Castillo was traded to Shell in exchange for Danny Ildefonso.

stonecold316
08-22-2008, 05:07 PM
I think his decision to retire was either related to his past injuries and also to give other players the chance to have a slot in the team. 10 years playing in the PBA is no joke. Ang damin nga one or two years lang bigla na lang nawawala. Good Luck kay Golden Boy!

wolfy
09-03-2008, 11:04 PM
sayang naman, baka pwede pa sya sa welcoat?

bchoter
09-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Uulan ng tres kung magkasabay sila ni Alex Compton.

a_ron
09-11-2008, 11:55 PM
He is one of the pure shooter in the PBA..I still remember iduring the asian games in Korea when we lost in the last min by the korean Noy buries twostraught 3 points shot,sayang lang natalo tayo