View Full Version : Season 71 Final Four!

08-18-2008, 08:02 AM
It looks like the cast is set, with UST's loss to FEU. Ateneo, La Salle, FEU, and UE. The only question is the order. Big game on Saturday between FEU and La Salle.

08-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Actually, we still have a slim chance of crashing the party.

We must sweep our remaining games and hope that UE either loses 2 of its 4 remaining games or 3 of its 4 remaining games.

Howard the Duck
08-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Sana umabot pa kami :o

08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
As of now, it looks like the Ateneo Blue Eagles and the de la salle green archers are more or less sure of making the final four. Furthermore, the two said teams have an advantage of getting the twice to beat advantage.

FEU still is in good shape of making the final four and making a run for the twice to beat advantage, barring anymore upset.

The last slot for the final four seems to be a close fight between UE and UST. Although ue has the inside track, they have to deal with tough teams like Ateneo, FEU and UE(if I'm not mistaken).

With an injury plagued and seemingly fatigued line-up, ust has a tough mountain to climb. However, don't count the tigers out just yet. As long as they have Jery Cruz, this team is still a contender in my book. I'm not quite sure if it's good or bad but the dlsu and ue game should at least, put the fate of the tigers in their hands.

My prediction... Ateneo and la salle making the final four. Sa twice to beat advantage, no predictions muna, baka mausog! ;D

08-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Oo nga, huwag naman ninyo kami kagad tanggalin sa picture.
Kaya pa naman ng USTe eh.
;) ;) ;)

08-22-2008, 01:11 AM
Some questions lang po and what ifs.* Not sure kasi if the rules are still the same.

1.* If there is a tie between two teams for first place, will they play a playoff game to determine the number 1 seed?* I remember la salle and ust playing a playoff game for the number 1 seed before, i'm not sure if it's applicable pa.

2.* In case there is a tie for second, playoff pa rin ba or quotient?

08-22-2008, 03:10 AM
playoff - two teams are tied

quotient - three teams are tied. highest quotient will get the highest place while the other two battle it out

08-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Mukhang walong panalo pinaka-habol na lang ng UE para sa Final 4 gawa ng pagkatalo sa Ateneo.

08-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Magandang tutukan ang sagupaang Lasalle-FEU. Kapag nakasilat ang mga Tamaraw tabla na sila ng mga Mangangalaso ng katarda sa 8-3. Kapag nagkataon magkaka-playoff pa sila kung sino pumangalawa at pumangatlo.

08-22-2008, 11:32 AM
parang best of 3 na dating yan.

Howard the Duck
08-22-2008, 04:39 PM
dapat kasi yung playoff kung tied lang sa #4. or kung 1-1 ang elimination round results sa #2...

08-22-2008, 05:34 PM
If UST beats NU tom, I'm positive na malaki ang chance ng Tigers either makapasok sa Final Four. They just need to believe in themselves that they can do it.

08-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Oo nga, since malaki ang nakasalalay kapag tied for the last slot, dapat nga playoff. Same with teams tied for 2nd, kasi at stake ang twice-to-beat advantage. Kung tied for 1st, eh moot and academic na yun di ba? The only thing at stake is which opponent you take on, the 3rd or the 4th placer.

08-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Kayo naman, parang di niyo kilala ang mga nagpapatakbo ng mga liga.

It's the games that count.... more games played the better for all its Board Reps!

Breaking ties via 1st and 2nd round games or quotient in case of 1-1 results means no additional games played. Paano sila kikita?

At naturingang school leagues.... daw!

08-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Ateneo vs UE

Its looks more like Ateneo vs DLSU or Ateneo vs FEU in the finals of this seasons UAAP. Norman Black has done a wonderful job for the Blue Eagles that its hard to imagine an end-of-the season failure for the Blues. The emphasis on defense by Ateneo has been catastrophic for the rest of the opposing teams. :o

Its just too bad that USTe didnt bring it this year. Too much talent on a team gone to waste. :P

Howard the Duck
08-26-2008, 02:07 AM
kasi naman sobrang kabobohan kung may playoff for #1. WTF? #2 gets ko pa kung 1-1 sila sa elims, kung 2-0 (like last year :P) dapat wala na. yung #3 pwede rin para at least may panalo sa playoffs kuno ang lower-seeded team. #4 dapat talaga meron.

08-28-2008, 11:27 AM
its ateneo vs la salle on sept.6... i already got tickets from a scalper if u any of u need tickets pls inform me i have 1 extra upper b and 1 extra upper a..thankS:)

09-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Any indicative schedule yet? (Sorry, but I've forgotten when the F4 games traditionally start and how they're sequenced.)

09-06-2008, 08:59 PM

Thursday - Playoff

Sunday - F4

09-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Ateneo kontra UE.

The only way Ateneo can lose this is if they start the game soooo relax and confident.

Sa simula pa lang dapat idiin na nila yung laro nila. They should not just coast along in the first half, for that may just give UE the feeling that they have a chance of stealing one and force a sudden death, w/c, imo, is always to the advantage of underdogs.

Of course, Norman knows something about complacency. He got some lessons about it in a very painful way.

But how to translate a non-complacent approach to a ballgame and make the player pour it on from the opening tip off is another. They should dispel the so called twice to beat advantage and play as if there no second chance for them.

Not that I don't trust Norman. But with the failures of the past 2 seasons, until Norman bridges the talk in the locker room and sideline huddles with actual play oncourt, if I were on the UE bench, my feeling now is I have more than an even chance of forcing a sudden death.

Kaya sa simula pa lang tadtarin o masohin na ng Ateneo ang UE!

For UE, Dindo would want this to be a tactical game. He can't possibly match up with a Rabeh, Tiu, Salamat, Buenafe and Baclao five on court. That's the five Norman will rely for most part of the game, pero di rin biro yung mga naghihintay sa bench!

Imo, UE's chance of stealing game 1 of a possible two is to come up with a defense which on cue will constantly have a different look and alignment without the benefit of a timeout. That should keep Norman guessing what right combination to put on court and the Ateneo PGs themselves will be forced to delay in calling the plays.

Pag nakita nating maya't maya nagpapalit ng tao si Norman at dikit ang score, then UE should feel about its chances towards end game.

09-11-2008, 07:08 PM
pa post naman ng F4 and finals sched. :)

Raging Blue
09-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Final Four schedule (flashed on the TV screen after the completion of the DLSU FEU game earlier this evening):

Sunday, September 14, 2008 at the Araneta Coliseum:

2 p.m. : DLSU vs. FEU

4 p.m. : ADMU vs. UE

Finals schedule: to be annouced