PDA

View Full Version : On the HUNT, New Era in Season 8

Joescoundrel
08-08-2008, 10:42 PM
New Era University won their first game without shooting a single basket on a bizarre opening day turn of events. They were supposed to go up against the AMA Computer University Titans in the fourth game of a five game card at the Rizal Memorial Coliseum. But the Titans - in a continuing trend in college basketball games this season - had a uniform malfunction: the whole damn team showed up in their light jerseys when they were supposed to be in their dark jerseys. New Era, in accordance with league rules and regulations, protested even before the game started and their protest was upheld. Coach Adonis Tierra thus got his first win of the season with the Hunters. Coach Jimmy Manansala on the other hand was frustrated and livid.

thadzonline
08-09-2008, 10:34 AM
lesson learned: it's better to have reversible jerseys ;D or if not bring two sets to the games

Sam Miguel
08-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Two ways to look at this: settle every thing on the court and to hell with the uniforms.

OR...

... follow league rules and regulations to the letter and apply the rules and regulations to every body.

Personally if it were up to me I would have just played and settled the winner on the court.

But then again of what use would rules and regulations be if they are not to be followed?

If the New Era versus AMA game had been allowed to play then I would have allowed New Era 10 personal fouls before graduating a player and 10 team fouls before entering penalty.

After all if we were to "go easy" on the rules then let us by all means go easy in favor of the team who FOLLOWED the rules.

Also, if I were AMA I'd FIRE whoever was responsible for the whole uniform fiasco in the first place. A varsity competition is a direct reflection on the schools participating. If the AMA varsity team cannot even get its uniform right how are they going to face the public with a straight face with all of their ads claiming they are a credible educational institution?

Uniform na nga lang hindi pa magawa ng tama tapos sasabihin niyo na matino kayong paaralan? Naman ...

And to think this will be televised and talked about. Tsk, tsk, tsk...

joelex
08-09-2008, 11:49 PM
TELEVISED? NAASCU? what channel?

thadzonline
08-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Two ways to look at this: settle every thing on the court and to hell with the uniforms.

OR...

... follow league rules and regulations to the letter and apply the rules and regulations to every body.

Personally if it were up to me I would have just played and settled the winner on the court.

But then again of what use would rules and regulations be if they are not to be followed?

If the New Era versus AMA game had been allowed to play then I would have allowed New Era 10 personal fouls before graduating a player and 10 team fouls before entering penalty.

After all if we were to "go easy" on the rules then let us by all means go easy in favor of the team who FOLLOWED the rules.

Also, if I were AMA I'd FIRE whoever was responsible for the whole uniform fiasco in the first place. A varsity competition is a direct reflection on the schools participating. If the AMA varsity team cannot even get its uniform right how are they going to face the public with a straight face with all of their ads claiming they are a credible educational institution?

Uniform na nga lang hindi pa magawa ng tama tapos sasabihin niyo na matino kayong paaralan? Naman ...

And to think this will be televised and talked about. Tsk, tsk, tsk...

This also happened in Cebu..Don Bosco showed up against SWU wearing light jerseys when they were supposed to wear dark. The reason: They didn't have dark-colored jerseys daw..the game was played and SWU jumped the gun on DBTC right at the first frame, 45-12 and without doing a single substitution in that quarter

Joescoundrel
08-13-2008, 05:53 PM
New Era University hung on for the 68-65 win over a tough Informatics squad. Jun Pepito led the way for the Hunters. Pressure freethrows and a bad inbound error by Informatics in the last minute sealed the win for New Era.

thadzonline
08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
where's Jun Pepito from? sounds like a Cebuano surname

Joescoundrel
08-13-2008, 09:52 PM
^ Dunno if he's even Visayan pare. But I remember we once had a kid who came from Ateneo De Deavao surnamed Pepito as well, classmate of Cyron Lozano's.

joelex
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM
This low-key team is atop the standings at 3-1, with a big win over erstwhile unbeaten SSC-C.

How can this team be winning when they were never serious contenders throughout their existence in NAASCU? Do they have good players now aboard? Or is coach Tierra really that good? SSC-C paticipates in off season leagues such as the Fr Martin and they always play solidly and have produced a number of PBL players already.

thadzonline
08-20-2008, 01:51 AM
looks like the Recollect schools also have solid programs, SSC-C and USJ-R doing good in their respective leagues

McCoy
06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
2008 New Era Hunters

Mel Pepito
Kenneth Isip
Jan Ocampo
Jovito Quebec
Israel Naguit
Elmer Acuna
Louie Roncal
Christian Domingo
Jerome Castillo
Simon Santos
John Maestrado

Coach: Adonis Tierra

AnthonyServinio
04-13-2017, 04:57 PM
New Era University will be conducting try-outs for its Seniors Basketball team on April 18 and 20 at the school gym starting at 1:00 PM. High School graduates and transferees born 1992 and later are welcome to join but priority will be given to centers and power forwards.

For more information, please contact head coach Adonis Tierra at +639209141824 or assistant coach Mark Joseph Pangilinan at +639164365213. Scholarships and benefits await successful applicants.