PDA

View Full Version : Liga Pilipinas

pachador
10-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Liga Filipina is the correct spanish wording instead of Liga Filipino, grammatically speaking. Arriba ! Ole !

NBC, MVBA, Eala set to form Liga Filipina

Malaya Oct 12, 2007

TEAMS from the National Basketball Conference and Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association are closing ranks to form a regional super league to be called Liga Filipina.

Malaya learned yesterday that leaders of both regional leagues have tied up with former PBA commissioner Noli Eala to get the new super league off the ground early next year.

Eala, however, will not act as the league’s commissioner but as co-league owner. He was not available for comment at press time yesterday.

"Of the 16 teams being eyed for the super league, 10 have confirmed their participation," said an insider involved with the formation of the new league.

The new league is patterned after the now-defunct Metropolitan Basketball Association and aimed to further strengthen the sport’s foundation in each team’s respective region.

The insider said a salary cap of P30,000 per player will be put in place in the super league to keep it viable.

The MBA was launched in 1994 but folded up in 1998, a victim of skyrocketing salaries as its organizers, led by ABS-CBN, lured established stars from the PBA with offers higher than what they were getting from the pro league. Despite efforts by ABS-CBN to keep the league going, it eventually went bankrupt, weighed down by salaries that had gone out of control.

The insider said organizers of the new league intend to keep salaries under control, adding the new league will tie up with the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas.

The insider said the team owners of NBC and MVBA are convinced Eala would help the new super league reach new heights, as he did while he was commissioner of the PBA.

The pro league recovered from the doldrums and reached highs in both live gate attendance and television viewing and marketing under Eala’s watch.

"Eala can help professionalize the system and market the league to both the community level and commercial sponsors," the insider said. (Noli Cortez)

pachador
10-13-2007, 12:13 AM
future projects sa makakauna:

1.) Liga Filipina will need their own website . Bilis !!!
2.) the planned SBP regiional championships -website kaya?
3.) the planned SBP collegiate march madness involving 32 teams ba yun - another website too?

thadzonline
11-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I hope the organizers of this new league also take a close look at Australia's semi-pro league, the Australian Basketball Association which actually has several leagues under its accreditation and gathers the best in the smaller leagues in a tournament later in the season

Schortsanitis
02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
If this league revives the more popular MBA teams like the Negros Slashers, or Davao Eagles, then this would be one heck of a cool league.

thadzonline
02-22-2008, 09:46 PM
talagang aabangan ko yan anthony hehe

Joescoundrel
03-09-2008, 11:12 AM
I only hope this isn't another MBA-style flop in the making...

Liga Pilipinas
04-02-2008, 01:31 AM
“A geographic, club-based league that is community-managed and supported – and endowed with commercial and local government funding principally patterned after EuroLeague basketball.”

. . . together . . .

. . . we shall create a basketball league that is uniquely Pinoy – dominated by the Filipino youth’s exuberance, punctuated by Pinoy color and wit and overflowing with the indomitable heroic spirit of the Filipino.

. . . we shall have a perfect venue for grassroots development of the sport of basketball and begin a whole new concept of “club teams” in commercial sports.

. . . we shall present a fresh and viable concept of sports marketing and the use of sports in a truly integrated and effective advertising strategy for niche markets and target communities.

. . . we shall promote sports tourism in the country-side which will generate countless opportunities for economic growth and social development.

WE WILL GIVE BACK TO THE FANS WHAT THE FANS HAVE GIVEN TO BASKETBALL.

thadzonline
04-02-2008, 11:22 AM
hmmmm....well crafted visions, sana matupad

Liga Pilipinas
04-10-2008, 03:35 PM
LIGA PILIPINAS, through its corporate arm Pinoy Basketbol Incorporated, has been accepted as among the first 15 active and voting members of the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (BAP-SBP)!

thadzonline
04-10-2008, 04:20 PM
hmmm...I thought active memberships were for orgs/leagues that have consistently run tournaments for the last 2 years..

Liga Pilipinas
04-11-2008, 07:51 PM
http://photos-026.friendster.com/e1/photos/62/00/64500026/1_509059773l.jpg

* * *Introducing the men behind Liga Pilipinas (from top left, clockwise) -- Commissioner Jose Emmanuel "Noli" Eala, Misamis Oriental governor Oscar S. Moreno, businessman Michel J. Lhuillier of M. Lhuillier, businessman Jose "Joe" Soberano III of Cebu Landmaster Inc., Tagaytay City mayor Abraham "Bambol" Tolentino, Olympian and national shooting champion Nathaniel "Tac" Padilla of Spring Cooking Oil, Coach Bertito "Tito" T. Palma and Cebu City Councilor and multi-titled coach Raul "Yayoy" D. Alcoseba.

pachador
04-12-2008, 12:13 AM
indirectly or implicitly , liga filipinas has had tournaments before through its members, NBC and MVBA.* ok ba?* ;)

hmmm...I thought active memberships were for orgs/leagues that have consistently run tournaments for the last 2 years..

thadzonline
04-12-2008, 09:13 PM
indirectly or implicitly , liga filipinas has had tournaments before through its members, NBC and MVBA. ok ba? ;)

ohh ok...counted din pala yon...that clarifies it for me

Mateen Cleaves
04-13-2008, 06:40 PM
indirectly or implicitly , liga filipinas has had tournaments before through its members, NBC and MVBA. ok ba? ;)

NBC and MVBA were recognized (classified) as associate members only. I would have thought that these two leagues would have stronger claims to active status than Liga. Given the current state of things in the SBP-BAP, isn't it fishy that Noli Eala's league gets voting rights even though it has never run a single game at all. ???

thadzonline
04-14-2008, 12:52 PM
hmmmm...oo nga naman, MVBA is among the associates..and Liga which has not run a single tournament to date gets voting rights..tsaka sana maclarify din yung issue about Cebu's CCAA which was given associate membership raising eyebrows among Cebu's basketball followers

pachador
04-14-2008, 01:59 PM
it possible that both NBC and MVBA gave up their voting rights to Liga pilipinas kasi they both became Liga pilipinas. thats why NBC and MVBA became associate members who have no voting rights.

However, if both MVBA and NBC later on are given voting rights then, Liga Pilipinas should be stripped of voting rights otherwise, it would not make sense.

hmmmm...oo nga naman, MVBA is among the associates..and Liga which has not run a single tournament to date gets voting rights..tsaka sana maclarify din yung issue about Cebu's CCAA which was given associate membership raising eyebrows among Cebu's basketball followers

mighty_lion
04-17-2008, 11:16 AM
It has been discussed here that PBA will always be a league composed of commercial teams because of the high maintenance cost. IMO I like the concept of La Liga as semi-pro or pro community-based league for the country. Additional suggestion ko lang:

1. PBA and La Liga to have a mutual relationship where PBA teams can assign thier unsigned draftee's or players they dont use that often. D-League ng NBA where they can assign and pull out players as the need arise. This way mamiminimize yong nasasayang na talents.

2. If this league become successful then maybe a merger between PBL and Laliga. I dont really like the idea of college players playing in the amateur though there are many arguments on this.

Good luck to the organizers.

pachador
04-19-2008, 03:36 AM
its looks like this will be a possible scenario:

1.) Liga Pilipinas - composed of provincial teams( if you notice there is no mention of a manila team in their press releases)
2.) PBL - commercial teams based in manila
3.) PBA - commercial teams based in manila too with higher salaries.

Based on this distribution, its possible that Liga Pilipinas will eclipse PBL simply because the company teams in PBL will not probably generate as much fan excitement as the provincial teams of Liga Pilipinas.
As for the PBA, the one big advantage of the PBA over Liga Pilipinas( for the short-term at least) is that they have a much higher salary cap and hence have the monopoly on most good players.

Thus, we can see a future where PBA becomes division 1, Liga Pilipinas becoming division 2 and PBL shutting-down or becoming Division 2 also like Liga Pilipinas. I wonder which has the higher salary cap? PBL or Liga Pilipinas???

Even if PBL survives, there seems to be room for the cities of metro manila in the Liga Pilipinas, e.g. Pasay, Quezon city, Mandaluyong, Makati, Manila, Caloocan, Paranaque, etc.

Lastly, if Liga Pilipinas will successfully replicate the Euroleague formula in the philippines specially the funding part , there is even a possibility of the liga pilipinas eventually eclipsing the PBA.

marmand
04-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Good luck to Liga Pilipinas. I was a die hard fan of the defunct MBA and truly believed that with the right finances that MBA would surpass the PBA. However, we all know what transpired. Hope Liga Pilipinas establishes its foundation and that it creates its own fan base.

D_I_A
04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
its looks like this will be a possible scenario:

1.) Liga Pilipinas - composed of provincial teams( if you notice there is no mention of a manila team in their press releases)
2.) PBL - commercial teams based in manila
3.) PBA - commercial teams based in manila too with higher salaries.

Based on this distribution, its possible that Liga Pilipinas will eclipse PBL simply because the company teams in PBL will not probably generate as much fan excitement as the provincial teams of Liga Pilipinas.
As for the PBA, the one big advantage of the PBA over Liga Pilipinas( for the short-term at least) is that they have a much higher salary cap and hence have the monopoly on most good players.

Thus, we can see a future where PBA becomes division 1, Liga Pilipinas becoming division 2 and PBL shutting-down or becoming Division 2 also like Liga Pilipinas. I wonder which has the higher salary cap? PBL or Liga Pilipinas???

Even if PBL survives, there seems to be room for the cities of metro manila in the Liga Pilipinas, e.g. Pasay, Quezon city, Mandaluyong, Makati, Manila, Caloocan, Paranaque, etc.

Lastly, if Liga Pilipinas will successfully replicate the Euroleague formula in the philippines specially the funding part , there is even a possibility of the liga pilipinas eventually eclipsing the PBA.

i guess a merger with PBL and Liga Pilipinas is a must for pragmatic reasons
geographically speaking it's greatly viable..

LP in the provinces and PBL in NCR

thadzonline
04-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I think the Liga Pilipinas organizers mentioned they will focus on the countryside leaving NCR to the PBL

marmand
04-22-2008, 06:28 PM
^ Wise decision, they should concentrate on developing a fan base in the provinces and try as much to get home grown talents to play for their respective cities/provinces.

D_I_A
04-23-2008, 12:30 PM
I think the Liga Pilipinas organizers mentioned they will focus on the countryside leaving NCR to the PBL

but it seems it has an NCR based team..

marmand
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Its always fun to cheer for your own hometown. This will be the advantage of Liga Pilipinas compared to the PBA. It might not be much ( now ) but the feeling is like cheering for your school. Pride and Honor comes with every win.

easter
04-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Crazy Idea.

What if Liga Pilipinas will be very strict with local affinity of players? Players should only play for the local provinces of their parents or where they grew up or living right now (for at least six months).

GHRanger
04-24-2008, 04:24 PM
^ I was toying with a similar idea -- but i was thinking along the lines of 50% locals. Baka magkaroon ng imbalance kasi sa Manila and Cebu teams... pero depende pa din sa current demographics, for now wala pa kasing stats. They could probably do a scaled decrease 80-65-50 over the next 3 years...

easter
04-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Kung Cebuano ka pwede ka naman lumipat sa isang Luzon team kahit wala kang ancestry dun as long as mag-stay ka sa lugar na iyon for 6 months! Para magkaroon ka muna ng affinity with the local people and places.

In a sense di pwede mag mid-season trade ng isang player na walang blood affinity sa isang lugar na pupuntahan nya. Pero for example nanay nya is from Ilocos and ang tatay is from Cebu, pwede siyang i-trade sa Ilocos anytime kasi may blood relations sya dun.

:)

nastrans
04-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Me thinks that as long as they represent the team, whether a Cebuano plays for Cavite or a Batangueno (hindi si Batangueno ng Gameface :D) plays for Zamboanga, if they are part of the home team, ichecheer pa din sila ng home crowd nila.

marmand
04-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Me thinks that as long as they represent the team, whether a Cebuano plays for Cavite or a Batangueno (hindi si Batangueno ng Gameface :D) plays for Zamboanga, if they are part of the home team, ichecheer pa din sila ng home crowd nila.

True, The truth is that the fans will cheer for the team because the team represents the city/province.

dondon
04-25-2008, 01:08 PM
hi to all basketbol lovers.............liga pilipinas,supported by SBP? i was thinking of SBP doing something for GRASSROOTS development....sino edevelop nila,yung mga x-pro?mga matatanda na players? dapat they should creat a true program 4 d youth! hindi yung pang matanda,laos na players!!!

marmand
04-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Good to know (base on one of the articles in the Liga Pilipinas latest articles ) that the composition of each team would have 8 homegrown talents and 2 ex-pros and one fil-something. This would certainly increase the fan base of each city/province. It adds to the drive for fans to cheer for their team.

CrossOver
04-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi every one im new here :D

Ask ko lang ok din ba na makipag merge ang PBL sa Liga Pilipinas? Pareho naman silang Liga ???

D_I_A
04-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi every one im new here :D

Ask ko lang ok din ba na makipag merge ang PBL sa Liga Pilipinas? Pareho naman silang Liga ???

maganda nga kung sumama na lang din sa merger ang PBL, pero i doubt it, kasi

1. most of the players from their teams came mostly from the provinces so ano irerepresent na LGU ng mga teams sa PBL since these are all corporate teams.

2. ego - tradition has always been used to justify existence one classical example is NCAA-UAAP merger which was shot down by the two parties

3. strategic player - SBP needs all the votes that it needs in this coming May elections, pag nawala ang PBL because of the merger mababawasan ang SBP influenced leagues or associations. Remember may 66 bogus or unknown leagues or enitities ang BAP against 30(+) of the SBP's.

but it will be sure fire hit if PBL merges or joins MVBA and NBC to form the Liga Pilipinas. ;)

GHRanger
04-27-2008, 10:36 PM
^^ Though the idea is gould i doubt it. ^ to add.
The PBL takes a chunk of its players from the UAAP/NCAA schools who are based in Manila. Majority of these kids are still students of their respective universities. So I'm not sure if the schools will be allowing their players to move around the country and study at the same time.

nastrans
04-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Let Liga Pilipinas grow itself first before talking about a merger.

I guess a possible merger-like scenario is if they could have a series between the PBL champion and the Liga Pilipinas champion in a much-larger national title thing perhaps.

marmand
04-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Let Liga form its own identity. In the long run, it could be the foundation for the Super league. ( merger if so in the next 3 to 5 years)

GHRanger
04-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Let Liga Pilipinas grow itself first before talking about a merger.

I guess a possible merger-like scenario is if they could have a series between the PBL champion and the Liga Pilipinas champion in a much-larger national title thing perhaps.

This sounds pretty good. Pero tama si Marmand, let's give Liga a few years to mature before going into this.

CrossOver
04-28-2008, 05:00 PM
@gameface_one, sorry po pala at nka pag double post po ako sa kabilang thread ;D

Kung most ng talent ng PBL ay galing UAAP & NCAA ang bagong Liga Pilipinas naman kukuha ng mga talent sa bagong Philippine Collegiate Champions League. Halos parehas lang sila pag naging successful ang Liga Pilipinas baka magkaron ng merger. ;D

Tama nga kayo hindi nga lang to manyayari agad mag hintay na lang tayo :D

D_I_A
04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
@gameface_one, sorry po pala at nka pag double post po ako sa kabilang thread* ;D

Kung most ng talent ng PBL ay galing UAAP & NCAA ang bagong Liga Pilipinas naman kukuha ng mga talent sa bagong Philippine Collegiate Champions League. Halos parehas lang sila pag naging successful ang Liga Pilipinas baka magkaron ng merger. ;D

Tama nga kayo hindi nga lang to manyayari agad mag hintay na lang tayo :D

A PBL champion vs. Liga Pilipinas Champion is a great idea!!!

marmand
04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Just establish the league first then other developments like mergers, guest teams and others can be incorporated. MBA tried this but tried expanding at a quick pace. The result is history.

chiqui34
04-28-2008, 09:35 PM
indirectly or implicitly , liga filipinas has had tournaments before through its members, NBC and MVBA.* ok ba?* ;)

NBC and MVBA were recognized (classified) as associate members only. I would have thought that these two leagues would have stronger claims to active status than Liga. Given the current state of things in the SBP-BAP, isn't it fishy that Noli Eala's league gets voting rights even though it has never run a single game at all.* *???

Talking about Noli Eala, isn't moral ascendancy important in a basketball league, just asking...

Since he was disbarred, may be he has nowhere to go, except where he's good at, and he has a niche in basketball, with all those years in PBA.

Not that I'm not giving the guy a break, but hey, in any organization, be it a non-profit or a business enterprise, necessitates certain kind of moral ascendancy from its leaders.

Leadership should be value-laden. Leaders decide on issues based on his values, culture and beliefs. Thus, what's wrong with adultery? It has nothing to do with basketball, right? WRONG! Effective leaders should be exemplary, and need to create a clear vision of what they stand for, believe in, and want to achieve.

This is only my opinion. I'm no basketball info geek like some people I used to hang out with, but there it is. A leader cannot lead if there are certain moral dimensions he failed to follow.

evil_fish
04-28-2008, 09:50 PM
^ He who is without sin cast the first stone. No need to be self-righteous here :)

pachador
04-29-2008, 03:13 AM
are you trying to see if posters here will be sympathetic to your moral crusade against Eala? ???

GHRanger
04-29-2008, 09:30 AM
^ He who is without sin cast the first stone.* No need to be self-righteous here :)

I agree. If you use this line of thinking, then you can get rid of 99% of all the world's leaders. I think what matters most now is he has the respect of his peers and his track record in terms of organizing basketball.

erichubert
04-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Say what you want about Eala, but his vision and creativity is unparalleled. He is bold and really shakes things up. That is what kept the PBA exciting during his term and he is exactly what that league needed and still needs now.

nastrans
04-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Who cares if he commits adultery, sure majority of the people could call him a two-timer but it wont hurt the league in a big extent. As long as he does well with this project, he can operate it as long as he wants, masyado naman tayong moralista, na sometimes nagiging overrated din.

marmand
04-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Guys, back to the topic na tayo: Liga Pilipinas-the League. ;D

CrossOver
04-29-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't care about sa private life ni Noli Eala as long maayos ang pamamalakad ayos na sakin kung ang ex president nga natin alam ng mas nakakarami na madami siyang babae pero na elect pa din ang prob D naging maganda pamamalakad nya kaya napatalsik sya ng sambayanan ::)

chiqui34
04-29-2008, 07:16 PM
are you trying to see if posters here will be sympathetic to your moral crusade against Eala?* ???* *

No, I'm just posting an opinion, if you disagree, then that's okay. It's a free country, right? Peace, man. :)

D_I_A
05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
are you trying to see if posters here will be sympathetic to your moral crusade against Eala?* ???* *

No, I'm just posting an opinion, if you disagree, then that's okay.* It's a free country, right?* Peace, man.* *:)

all of us are sinners!let's not be hypocrites here...yun lang...

what channel ite televise ang games?

marmand
05-03-2008, 11:37 PM
A league that will complement and NOT compete against other established leagues.

thadzonline
05-14-2008, 08:54 AM
totoo bang na move sa May 31 ang opening?

D_I_A
05-14-2008, 04:30 PM
totoo bang na move sa May 31 ang opening?

is it true that RP Youth Team will join as a guest team in Liga?

chiqui34
05-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Ang dami ng questions, pero no answers, maybe we ought to wait for May 31 guys. :)

D_I_A
05-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Ang dami ng questions, pero no answers, maybe we ought to wait for May 31 guys. :)

sana may 31 na?

hopeful
05-19-2008, 09:30 PM
rules on fil -fors ? and locals ? what constitutes being labelled "a local" ?

ankle breaker
05-21-2008, 03:30 AM
2 more teams and they are on target for 16 teams. and if this league will have a positive gain from the countryside, then a 2 team expansion every 3 years is welcome until such time that all provinces and key cities will be represented. whew, this is going to be great.

ankle breaker
05-21-2008, 03:32 AM
i believe that they are calling all the players local regardless if they are fil-for or homegrown.

CrossOver
05-21-2008, 11:51 AM
I can't wait I'm so excited ;D

Go Liga Pilipinas!

ankle breaker
05-22-2008, 03:29 AM
are they really going to get the 16 teams they originally wanted?

ankle breaker
05-22-2008, 03:30 AM
same here, im so eager to watch the opening games this coming may 31.

D_I_A
05-22-2008, 08:36 PM
same here, im so eager to watch the opening games this coming may 31.

anong channel ba itetelacast?

D_I_A
05-22-2008, 08:39 PM
are they really going to get the 16 teams they originally wanted?

possible naman eh, tutal kakayanin naman ng budget ng teams..dami sponsor na politicians at mga medium scale enterprises na gustong i promote businesses nila thru free adverts pag naglalaro na sa venues then may tv coverage pa.

ankle breaker
05-23-2008, 03:34 AM
so far, 14 has been confirmed. they still have 8 days to form 2 more teams to reach 16. that's not impossible though.

gfy
05-26-2008, 09:14 AM
I laud Eala's effort to establish this league. To consolidate the provincial and regional leagues. This gives jobs to basketball players (PBL players too in the offseason). And provides entertainment to the provincial folks. Just look at the PBL where it is drawing huge crowds in the provinces.

The_Big_Cat
05-26-2008, 11:54 AM
I laud Eala's effort to establish this league. To consolidate the provincial and regional leagues. This gives jobs to basketball players (PBL players too in the offseason). And provides entertainment to the provincial folks. Just look at the PBL where it is drawing huge crowds in the provinces.

What can I say, he loves basketball.

D_I_A
05-28-2008, 12:06 AM

What can I say, he loves basketball.

may i ask what are the 15th and 16th teams to join Liga Pilipinas?
Thanks

D_I_A
05-28-2008, 12:13 AM
any news kung may bago ng teams?

Cavite
Mandaue
Rizal
Subic-Zambales

ankle breaker
05-28-2008, 12:21 AM
unconfirmed but it seems mandaue and negros are shoo ins. ML released leo bat-og and dale singson so that they can represent their respective teams.

ankle breaker
05-28-2008, 12:22 AM
unconfirmed but it seems negros and mandaue.

korn666333
05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
ano po oras ng opening?san po makikitang channel?goodluck sa liga!go! cebu niñoS!

thadzonline
05-30-2008, 04:09 PM
wala yatang Negros and Mandaue, ang namention ni comm. eala sa presscon sa Cebu kanina:
Pampanga Buddies
Taguig Batang Global
Laguna Stallions
Ilocos Sur Snipers
Quezon
Batangas Barakos
Cavite Heroes

Cebu Niños
MisOr Meteors
Pagadian Explorers
Zamboanga Amores
Iloilo Warriors
Ozamis Cotta

ankle breaker
05-30-2008, 09:10 PM
wala yatang Negros and Mandaue, ang namention ni comm. eala sa presscon sa Cebu kanina:
Pampanga Buddies
Taguig Batang Global
Laguna Stallions
Ilocos Sur Snipers
Quezon
Batangas Barakos
Cavite Heroes

Cebu Niños
MisOr Meteors
Pagadian Explorers
Zamboanga Amores
Iloilo Warriors
Ozamis Cotta

di ba 16 teams dapat sila lahat? it was reported earlier that leo bat-og and dale singson were released by ML so that they can play for their teams. singson to the mandaue-landmasters of joe soberano and bat-og to negros. it was also noted that in previous interview, eala affirmed negros did not backout.

ankle breaker
05-30-2008, 09:12 PM
if they admitted 2 more teams from the north, the south conference has lesser teams i believe.

D_I_A
05-30-2008, 11:49 PM
will subic join?

kaka excite manuod...

D_I_A
05-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Pampanga Buddies
Taguig Batang Global
Laguna Stallions
Ilocos Sur Snipers
Quezon
Batangas Barakos
Cavite Heroes

Cebu Niños
MisOr Meteors
Pagadian Explorers
Zamboanga Amores
Iloilo Warriors
Ozamis Cotta

di ba 16 teams dapat sila lahat? it was reported earlier that leo bat-og and dale singson were released by ML so that they can play for their teams. singson to the mandaue-landmasters of joe soberano and bat-og to negros. it was also noted that in previous interview, eala affirmed negros did not backout.

currently ilang teams na po ba? did subic caught up with their application?

thadzonline
05-31-2008, 04:38 AM
Pampanga Buddies
Taguig Batang Global
Laguna Stallions
Ilocos Sur Snipers
Quezon
Batangas Barakos
Cavite Heroes

Cebu Niños
MisOr Meteors
Pagadian Explorers
Zamboanga Amores
Iloilo Warriors
Ozamis Cotta

this were the teams mentioned by Eala himself at the press con, so officially I'll take it as him saying there are 13 teams at the moment...ok na yan, remember MBA only had 15 teams at its peak

D_I_A
05-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Pampanga Buddies
Taguig Batang Global
Laguna Stallions
Ilocos Sur Snipers
Quezon
Batangas Barakos
Cavite Heroes

Cebu Niños
MisOr Meteors
Pagadian Explorers
Zamboanga Amores
Iloilo Warriors
Ozamis Cotta

this were the teams mentioned by Eala himself at the press con, so officially I'll take it as him saying there are 13 teams at the moment...ok na yan, remember MBA only had 15 teams at its peak

mukhang malakas ang cebu ah..

thadzonline
05-31-2008, 11:25 AM
Pampanga Buddies
Taguig Batang Global
Laguna Stallions
Ilocos Sur Snipers
Quezon
Batangas Barakos
Cavite Heroes

Cebu Niños
MisOr Meteors
Pagadian Explorers
Zamboanga Amores
Iloilo Warriors
Ozamis Cotta

mukhang malakas ang cebu ah..

eh papaano halos lahat ex-PBA or ex-PBL or ex-MBA kung hindi naman ay may 3 or 4 ding former CeSAFI MVP's

Liga Pilipinas
05-31-2008, 02:36 PM
The Cebu Nino's coaching staff nipped Team Liga Pilipinas, 100-99, in the Team Owner's Unity Game held this morning at the New Cebu Coliseum.

The Ninos dominated the majority of the game until Team Liga came back in the fourth quarter to briefly threaten.

Starring for the Ninos were ex-PBA players Jay Ramirez, Lou Regidor, Lawrence Merced and 1980 Rookie of the Year Willy Generalao.* Also on the Ninos were Mike Reyes, Anthony Servinio and playing coach Yayoy Alcoseba.

Team Liga was led by Commissioner Noli Eala, Technical Head Perry Martinez, Operations Head Butch Antonio, Business Development Head Joey Bautista, Operations Staff Lester Verecio, Gov. DV Savellano of the Ilocos Sur Snipers, Junnie Navarro and Coach Ronald Rico of the Zamboanga Amores, Erwin Genuino of the Laguna Stallions and BAP-SBP Executive Director Patrick Gregorio of the Baguio Victory.

The game was part of the activities of Liga Pilipinas' formal launch today.

thadzonline
05-31-2008, 05:57 PM
sayang di ko napanood...launching na at Casino Español mamaya!

ankle breaker
06-02-2008, 11:16 PM
it was reported that all the team logos and jerseys were unveiled during the official launching/opening of the league at casino español. can somebody post them in here or at least a link to their website?

bluefelix90
06-03-2008, 10:50 AM
it was reported that all the team logos and jerseys were unveiled during the official launching/opening of the league at casino español. can somebody post them in here or at least a link to their website?

they unveiled the team province logos not the team logo as what you mentioned. the jersey unveiled shows the LIGA PILIPINAS LOGO plus the name of the province....

i bet , the other teams have not submitted their team logos....

ankle breaker
06-03-2008, 10:20 PM

they unveiled the team province logos not the team logo as what you mentioned. the jersey unveiled shows the LIGA PILIPINAS LOGO plus the name of the province....

so meaning to say, they just presented as to what province or cities are sponsoring a team but not exactly the team logos. can you post the liga pilipinas logo?

ankle breaker
06-06-2008, 10:28 PM
i can't wait to see the excitng teams

CrossOver
06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Na move ba ulit schedule ng Liga? Base dito sa Schedule (http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=2903.0) June 18 start ng laban...

Week 1: June 18 to 22 - Santo Domingo, Ilocos Sur
- Ilocos Sur, Cebu, Tagaytay-Cavite, Taguig

Hindi ba bukas ang Opening game?

D_I_A
06-10-2008, 11:12 AM

Sana may Philippine Flag ang jerseys nila, para talagang makabayan ang dating!!!
S
so meaning to say, they just presented as to what province or cities are sponsoring a team but not exactly the team logos. can you post the liga pilipinas logo?

ankle breaker
06-10-2008, 10:37 PM
i think it's june 14.

jordan
06-10-2008, 10:51 PM
did the schedule move another week?? hmm i wonder.. maybe it'll be like the pre-season games na it was always moved.. hayyyy

thadzonline
06-11-2008, 08:33 AM
inamin naman ni Mr. Eala sa press con na talagang nangangapa pa sila sa scheduling

dieseldust
06-11-2008, 08:52 AM
siguro marami pa talagang teams ang interesado....postpone na namn ung opening, sa June 18 na raw!

thadzonline
06-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I think its not about more teams joining kundi talagang they are just being pushed so hard probably that thsi has dragged on for quite a while sana naman hindi matulad sa VAAA na ang tagal halos hindi matapos sa kakapostpone

dieseldust
06-11-2008, 12:29 PM
sakto sad ka thadz dah..hehehe nag-abot gyapon ta diring duha.. ;D

sa kakapostpone, siguro d na to matuloy...joke! sana namn mag start na agad! gusto ko pa namn yung regional league compared sa Pera Basketball Association..lol

ankle breaker
06-11-2008, 09:30 PM
relax and be cool guys. the games will push through before this year ends.

thadzonline
06-11-2008, 10:12 PM
hopefully not december because the year hasnt ended by then yet :p

jordan
06-11-2008, 10:37 PM
hahahaha meaning?? there's a probability ma postpone na naman ulit?? baka mangyari, ala na magiging interesado dahil sa kaka postpone...

final na ba mga teams at roster? baka yan rason why lagi na postpone... ??? ???

ankle breaker
06-12-2008, 10:12 PM
rosters seems to be final but with some minor revisions like cebu who lost juntilla to red bull.

odog808
06-20-2008, 01:00 PM
What do the team uniforms look like? Does anyone have pictures? Post them pls...thanks!

ankle breaker
06-20-2008, 08:48 PM
yeah. the team logos and uniforms were not shown.

dieseldust
06-21-2008, 06:19 AM
dun sa website nila, mga provincial seals lang ang pinakita, hindi sa team..napakabaduy! :'(

thadzonline
06-21-2008, 09:06 AM
am excited by the fact that the Cebu team were not able to have blowout wins against the northern teams Taguig and Quezon

j3p0i
06-21-2008, 07:59 PM
am excited by the fact that the Cebu team were not able to have blowout wins against the northern teams Taguig and Quezon

Yes... And the fact that they blew up an 18 point lead against Ilocos Sur to let that game slip... Wow!

Schortsanitis
06-22-2008, 07:45 PM
* I saw a Liga Pilipinas game yesterday evening at IBC-13, around 10 pm. Its good to know that the league is finally up and going, and have gone on to broadcast its games. Didn't watch the game, though, just sort of skimmed thru it.

* There is an ongoing game right now between Quezon and Ilocos Sur, with Ilocos Sur having the homecourt advantage. The court looked decent, and it was full of people, though its maximum capacity is probably only about a thousand at most.

* Lots of Philipine college stars there that didn't make it to the PBA, like UE's Joel Canizares, NU's Joseph Lingao-Lingao, and FEU's Edwin Bacani, to name a few. I saw former PBA player Chris Bolado still playing there after all these years.

* The league looks good, based on the attendances. It really does seem to have the potential of becoming the reincarnation of the MBA someday. Not now, but sometime down the road.

ankle breaker
06-23-2008, 11:41 PM
wohooooo! cebu city niños, 1st leg champ in the northern sojourn.

j3p0i
06-24-2008, 12:16 PM

You don't have to spam every topic just so you can brag about Cebu winning the 1st leg... They haven't even faced the other teams yet...

Lyna
06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
nagalit na si jepoi.. heheheh.. sinu ba manok mo jep?

j3p0i
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
nagalit na si jepoi.. heheheh.. sinu ba manok mo jep?

di naman galit... nagsasabi lang... ::)

ang dami nya kasing thread na pinag-post eh pare-pareho lang naman sinabi nya...

Lyna
06-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Overwhelmed lang talaga sya and Proud to be a cebuano..

Pero face it, I was wondering if may player ba dun na tlga Cebu talaga.. kasi may kilala akong tga Mis.Or. pero sa ibang team nglalaro.. hayz ewan.. I thought para sa Locals tlga to.. dapat lahat ng playres at least may 7 years of residency sa lugar na ererepresent nila.. ending ni isa sa team namin wala akong kilala unless PBL or MVBA...

hays... I was hoping to see someone Local.. ^^, to discover more talents and more cuties... ^^,

may matangkad ba na gwapo? hehhehe....

thadzonline
06-24-2008, 04:45 PM

Pero face it, I was wondering if may player ba dun na tlga Cebu talaga.. kasi may kilala akong tga Mis.Or. pero sa ibang team nglalaro.. hayz ewan.. I thought para sa Locals tlga to.. dapat lahat ng playres at least may 7 years of residency sa lugar na ererepresent nila.. ending ni isa sa team namin wala akong kilala unless PBL or MVBA...

hays... I was hoping to see someone Local.. ^^, to discover more talents and more cuties... ^^,

yung word na "local" ay may operational definition naman sa context ng Liga Pilipinas, in fairness to the Niños, parang si Atablanco lang ata ang hindi magqualify as a local sa lineup nila because everyone else have been at least a one-year resident of Cebu prior to Liga since halso lahat sa kanila ay nakapaglaro na sa Lhuillier when they were still participating in the MVBA and yung iba naman ay either tubong Cebu or played college ball in Cebu..

jordan
06-24-2008, 07:50 PM

of cors! hu wouldnt proud to be a cebuano???
cebuana ka??? haha

ankle breaker
06-24-2008, 10:49 PM

You don't have to spam every topic just so you can brag about Cebu winning the 1st leg... They haven't even faced the other teams yet...

cool ka lang jepoi baby. ano bang team mo at sisilipin natin ang lineup.
as for lyna: si marlon basco at ron capati lang hindi taga cebu or hindi naglaro nung college sa cebu. kasi si bruce dacia ay produkto ng UV Green Lancers. Yung iba proudly cebu made.

jordan
06-24-2008, 11:01 PM

cool ka lang jepoi baby. ano bang team mo at sisilipin natin ang lineup.
as for lyna: si marlon basco at ron capati lang hindi taga cebu or hindi naglaro nung college sa cebu. kasi si bruce dacia ay produkto ng UV Green Lancers. Yung iba proudly cebu made.

really? didnt know that ???

Lyna
06-25-2008, 09:45 AM
anu di mo alam jordan?

Hehehe... hmmm.. Mis.Or. po ako.... argh... sayang yung 2 games na pinanalo ng team namin.. ey, tell u, wala akong kilala maski isa dun.. feel ko di taga Mis.Or. ..

Hays, pwero meron akong kilalang tga Mis.Or. na nasa ibang team.. pwero ayoko din sa player na yun.. sobrang mabagyo.. hehehe.. Ok naman line up sa amin.. oi jordan, sinu ba team mo..

as for the rest, wla naman akong mga info sa mga basketball players except sa mga articles na pwede nating mabasa sa net.. ^_^

thadzonline
06-25-2008, 10:05 AM
anu di mo alam jordan?

Hehehe... hmmm.. Mis.Or. po ako.... argh... sayang yung 2 games na pinanalo ng team namin.. ey, tell u, wala akong kilala maski isa dun.. feel ko di taga Mis.Or. ..

Hays, pwero meron akong kilalang tga Mis.Or. na nasa ibang team.. pwero ayoko din sa player na yun.. sobrang mabagyo.. hehehe.. Ok naman line up sa amin.. oi jordan, sinu ba team mo..

as for the rest, wla naman akong mga info sa mga basketball players except sa mga articles na pwede nating mabasa sa net.. ^_^

si Tagupa although sa Manila nag college is originally from MisOr, yung iba siguro nag 1 year residency na sa stint nila sa Mis Or sa MVBA so considered local na sila

Lyna
06-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Si Tagupa.. san sa Mis.Or.?

Pero in fairness ha, mababait sila sa amin.. C.R. ng C.R. sa office namin.. ehhehe...

thadzonline
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
im not sure where exactly but somebody just related he played for Region X in some competition, maybe we can ask Mr. Servinio here :-D

jordan
06-25-2008, 06:04 PM
anu di mo alam jordan?

yung mga produkto ng UV. hehe
ahhh kaya pal au reacted about the win of pagadian.. sayang yung win nyo...
taga misor ka pala... ang kilala ko sa misor ay yung players lang nila nung sa MVBA....

team ko??? marami... i just want to watch the games... its nice to see local players... atleast ma discover... hahaha

jordan
06-25-2008, 06:22 PM

Pero in fairness ha, mababait sila sa amin.. C.R. ng C.R. sa office namin.. ehhehe...

di ko kilala mga players ngaun ng misor?? mas kilala ko yung line-up nung MVBA pa... explaiin nga lyna bat CR cla ng CR sa CR nyo.. ;D

ankle breaker
06-25-2008, 09:49 PM

bol-anon na si ramil tagupa.

Lyna
06-27-2008, 04:14 PM
bol.anon? Tga CDO man daw sya...

tas if bol.anon sya, hmm.. tgabohol? well, most boholano players are great.. that's according to my pop..

niwey 2 jordan, ambort... pirmi sila tambay here sa office.. ^_^ friendly man sila nuon.. ng.eat pud sila sa ila pack lunch sa atbang.. syemps.. puro ata babae sa office namin.. hahhaha..

pero according to mel, wala syang type sa mis.or. hahahah.. ngsawa sa players...

ankle breaker
06-27-2008, 09:50 PM
basin taga cdo ang kagikan aning ramil pero sa akong nahibaw-an nagduwa ni siya sa BIT juniors team. nya iyang cousin akong friend nga taga bohol.

Lyna
06-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Please check sa threads ng Skeds ^_^

m_14
06-29-2008, 12:53 PM
wala pa po latest updates regarding sa ozamis team e..dba meron din dapat southern leg sa ozamis ngayon??

jordan
06-29-2008, 01:06 PM
back-out daw ozamiz?? not sure..
who can shed the light on that??

Lyna
06-29-2008, 01:11 PM
yes, wala na ang ozamis team.. dunno y.. kaya lahat ng games na sked sa ozamis ay linipat sa Uni of Assumption ba yun?

m_14
06-29-2008, 01:24 PM
wala man lang update ang liga sa pag back out ng ozamis.

Lyna
06-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Meron, nasa threads na to...

Liga Pilipinas Schedules, Results and Format
at
Liga Pilipinas Team Threads

jordan
06-30-2008, 04:57 PM
wa la ge ko kta??? ug wa ko kasabot? hahah

Lyna
07-01-2008, 11:03 AM
asa diay imo mata? na wa man ka kakita..

asa imo utok? na wa man ka kasabot.. ehhehehe

peace!!!

Lyna
07-01-2008, 11:07 AM
WALA bang UPDATES??????????

Week 3 na po tau.. wala pa rin bang posting ng SKEDS?

paul0220
07-01-2008, 06:03 PM
basin taga cdo ang kagikan aning ramil pero sa akong nahibaw-an nagduwa ni siya sa BIT juniors team. nya iyang cousin akong friend nga taga bohol.

Si Tagupa taga CDO na siya. Nagdula na siya sa una sa CDO from High School ug College unya nanimpalad na sila sa Manila uban sa mga players sa CDO pero siya ra ang nakuha sa Adamson kay over-aged na ang uban.

Lyna
07-03-2008, 01:48 PM
PAGADIAN CITY – Guard Roberts Labagala made a crucial steal on Mark Ababon then ran down the court for the winning lay-up with 0.3 of a second left to push the host Pagadian Explorers to a thrilling 57-55 stoppage of the M. Lhuillier-Cebu Ninos on Day One of the Liga Pilipinas-Pagadian City Leg Wednesday evening at the Pagadian City Gym.

Earlier, Explorers forward Jan Villaver tied the game at 55-55 with 2:46 left. Both teams exchanged turnovers and botched plays. Ninos coach Yayoy Alcoseba sued for time, with the ball going to Ababon who just stood at the top of the key waiting for the remaining 11 seconds to lapse. Ababon then drove strong to the hoop only to lose the ball to Labagala.

The Ninos then tried one final play, a perfect inbound alley-oop pass to Jayford Rodriguez who sank the basket at the buzzer. However, the referees promptly reviewed the game video and nullified Rodriguez’ field goal giving the win to the wards of Coach Eric Samson.

Explorers’ team owner Mayor Sammy Co watched the game to see Labagala score 18 points and Mark Yee register another monster game with 12 points and 20 rebounds. Marlon Basco led the Ninos with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Stephen Padilla sank four triples for 12 points.

In the first game, the Trace-Laguna Stallions leaned on a triple by Leomer Losentes with 15 seconds left to outlast the Misamis Oriental Meteors, 68-64.

Losentes, a varsity star at Saint Francis of Assisi in Las Pinas City, shattered a 64-64 deadlock, 67-64. In the ensuing play, Ramil Tagupa issued an errant pass meant for Eric de la Cuesta, returning the ball to the Stallions of Erwin Genuino and Coach Nomar Isla. De la Cuesta was forced to foul Jerwin Gaco, who split his charities for the final tally.

It was a sorry loss for the team of Gov. Oscar Moreno and Coach Jun Noel, who led for majority of the contest. The Meteors erected their biggest lead of the game early in the third period, 40-27.

The Stallions turned to the bull-strong Gaco, who singlehandedly rallied his team with 11 points in the fourth quarter. Gester Ebuen tied the game for the last time, 64-64, with one minute on the clock on two free throws and setting the stage for Losentes’ heroics.

Gaco finished with 21 points and nine rebounds. Ebuen, Ricky Ricafuente and Alex Angeles followed with eight markers each. Alano Caputolan paced the Meteors with 14 and 11 rebounds while Frank Nailon added 13 points..

How They Scored:

First Game

LAGUNA (68) – Gaco 21, Angeles 8, Ebuen 8, Ricafuente 8, Santos 7, Losentes 4, Dedicatoria 4, Retaga 3, Raymundo 3, Cruz 2, Valderama 0.

MISAMIS ORIENTAL (64) – Caputolan 14, Nailon 13, Paterno 12, Faundo 5, Tagupa 4, de la Cuesta 4, Concha 4, Farochillen 2, Saguindel 2, Espiritu 0, Micutuan 0.

Period Scores: 13-20, 25-34, 44-44, 68-64.

Second Game

PAGADIAN (57) – Labagala 18, Yee 12, Villaver 8, Daja 5, Alberto 4, Kong 4, Orquillas 3, Saludsod 3, Cortez 0, Alvarado 0, Quilo 0.

CEBU (55) – Basco 14, Padilla 12, Ababon 10, Saladaga 4, Cavan 4, Aying 3, Rodriguez 2, Dacia 2, Mepana 2, Capati 1, Berame 1, Atablanco 0.

Period Scores: 18-16, 30-36, 50-48, 57-55.

TAGUIG CITY BOX SCORES

First Game

PAMPANGA (93) - Oreta 24, Vizcarra 15, Dillinger 11, L. Rodriguez 10, Misa 8, Nicdao 8, Bansil 8, Alcaraz 3, Luanzon 2, Mercado 2, Villamin 2, Evangelista 0.

QUEZON (77) - Magsumbol 27, Mondragon 15, Macanig 11, Williams 8, Garrido 7, Canizares 6, Lingao-Lingao 2, Mendoza 1, Casino 0, Panzo 0, Chua 0, Manabat 0, Bolado 0.

Period Scores: 18-20, 40-42, 74-53, 93-77.

Second Game

TAGUIG (89) - Bautista 13, Gatumbato 13, Matias 11, Marquez 10, Ortiguerra 9, F. Rodriguez 9, Bombeo 8, Reguera 8, Javier 6, Fajardo 2, F. de Leon 0, Latoreno 0.

LIPA-BATANGAS (80) - Custodio 22, Vergara 16, Estrada 14, Sanders 6, Lim 6, Alfad 5, Neo 4, Junio 3, de Castro 2, Moody 2, R. David 0, Magcawas 0, Lustestica 0.

Period Scores: 22-12, 37-27, 64-49, 89-80.

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

NANALO ang PAGADIAN over sa CEBU !!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go Pagadian Explorers!!!

Thank You for the info. Mr. Liga Pilipinas! :D

Lyna
07-05-2008, 09:24 AM
LoLs.. ey.. may pm ako sa inyo guys.. hahahyz...

Any updates? Kakainis.. isang game lang pala pinalalabas sa nbn... paano yung ibang leg?

Pampanga VS Taguig kagabi.. *yawn*

thadzonline
07-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Cebu wins Pagadian leg, 72-67 against the Explorers in the Finals

Lyna
07-08-2008, 10:37 AM
^_^ pinamumukha ata ni thadz ah.. kahit saang thread.. may nakapost na nanalo ang Cebu sa Pagadian..

oo na.. accepted naman e ^^,

thadzonline
07-08-2008, 04:47 PM
oist dalawang threads lang naman ah, where the post belongs lol

m_14
07-17-2008, 10:42 PM
wala na bang details and scores sa mga games??? just like in previous legs

joelex
08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
ano na ba nangyayari sa liga na to ang gulo sana win-loss standing na lang kaysa tour points, walang excitement, walang nanunuod, parang wala na din ata sa tv. Sana more press releases din.