PDA

View Full Version : CeSAFI Referees: NABRO Cebu Chapter?

thadzonline
08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Ive seen some games and officiating definitely needs to improve..Sana hindi Cebu chapter ng National Bulok Referees Organization ang CeSAFI Refs ;D

D_I_A
08-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Ive seen some games and officiating definitely needs to improve..Sana hindi Cebu chapter ng National Bulok Referees Organization ang CeSAFI Refs* ;D

is NABRO with SBP? BAP has BARECOM right?

thadzonline
08-08-2008, 12:56 AM
I dunno, but it was meant in jest NAtional Bulok Referees Organization..notice the boldfaced word ;D

D_I_A
08-08-2008, 09:28 AM
I dunno, but it was meant in jest NAtional Bulok Referees Organization..notice the boldfaced word ;D

gee, what's with your referees there? talaga bang bulok..sana mapanuod ang games ng CESAFI dito sa Manila.

televised by diyan sa CEBU?

thadzonline
08-08-2008, 09:41 AM

gee, what's with your referees there? talaga bang bulok..sana mapanuod ang games ng CESAFI dito sa Manila.

televised by diyan sa CEBU?

I just watched a UC vs. USJ-R game last night and officiating was really bad and can probably be perceived as biased. Walang consistency sa tawag. I'm closely watching a few teams where this kind of officiating usually happens.

BTV coverage of the CeSAFI starts during the quarterfinals I believe a month from now

bchoter
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM
^ And it should be noted that thandz is not connected with either teams kaya walang bias unlike in the UAAP na the complaints are often dismissed because they come from a supporter of one of the teams.

bluetruck
08-13-2008, 07:32 PM
sana it's just a case of incompetence. as far as i know, betting on games is not yet widespread in cebu. kung meron man, sa arena na mismo na parang sabong.

thadzonline
08-13-2008, 09:55 PM
i think its not about betting, but the rumors speculate more on making sure a certain team wins..

D_I_A
08-13-2008, 10:09 PM
i think its not about betting, but the rumors speculate more on making sure a certain team wins..

whoa..that's a serious issue, ala NCR-based leagues huh?may mga issue din gambling

ankle breaker
08-13-2008, 11:51 PM
well, betting in games is not new. specially now that there is not definite favorite to win crown owing to the teams off season moves and recruitments.

thadzonline
08-14-2008, 09:20 AM
the problem is there are probably 2 or 3 schools who can win it fair and square but would still reportedly resort to such just to make sure

bluetruck
08-14-2008, 07:22 PM

this rumor has been going on in cebu for decades. as early as the 70's i've been hearing stories about certain refs being on the take.

ankle breaker
08-14-2008, 10:54 PM
obviously it's within the system. even in the small time tournaments, refs hired to officiate can even bought through offering food and drinks plus special treatments. i have witnessed things like this alot of times because i have participated or sometimes one of the organizers in some leagues.

thadzonline
08-14-2008, 11:02 PM

this rumor has been going on in cebu for decades. as early as the 70's i've been hearing stories about certain refs being on the take.

actually hindi obvious sa average fan ginagawa nila like holding on to the ball before giving it for inbounding after a made shot or free throw, kung minsan mas madali natatawagan ng technical foul ang isang team compared to another, things like these

thadzonline
08-17-2008, 08:19 PM
officiatng was funny in the DBTC vs UC game kanina, referees arguing with complaining players from Don Bosco. For God's sake, just blow that whistle if you have to!

ankle breaker
08-18-2008, 10:06 PM
looks like CESAFI refs are from kanto-kanto leagues. ;D
i can even officiate a good game more than these freaks.

thadzonline
10-21-2008, 09:03 AM
http://sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/10/21/sports/sbp.focuses.on.referee.training.html

SBP focuses on referee training

CEBU’s two dominant basketball referee groups have conflicting opinions on the efforts of the Samahang Basketball ng Pilipinas Inc. (SBP) to improve the level of officiating through their Referees Development and Accreditation Program.

The BAP referees, led by Jose “Boy” Murillo, do not believe that SBP’s programs could help improve the officiating, while Rey Cañete’s group believed otherwise.

SBP is now conducting a series of seminars after the successful Fiba-Asia Clinic for International Referees in Manila last month.

The SBP Technical Commission, headed by Perry Martinez, made its first stop in Naga City where over 90 local basketball referees from the Bicol Region were given accreditation seminar at the Aristocrat Hotel and Naga Civic Center last week.

Local seminar

On Nov. 29 and 30, Cebu will host its own seminar and accreditation, which will be held at the Don Bosco College.

“We all welcome this move because it’s a way that we can improve the officiating in Cebu,” Cañete told Sun.Star Cebu.

Murillo, who is also an accredited International Referee by the Fiba, however believed that it’s not the number of seminars and accreditations but it is the personal achievement of the referees.

“For me what is important is the educational attainment of each individual. It is where they can understand and apply the rules and regulations,” Murillo added.

Competitions

Cañete’s group officiated the Cesafi basketball tournament and the Liga Pilipinas while Murillo’s group officiated most of the commercial competitions here.

Two international referees accredited by the Fiba will come to conduct the seminar along with two officials from the SBP.

It is open to any aspirant, regardless of experience.

A P700 registration fee is required to cover the expenses of the two-day seminar.

“The BAP referees will not join this seminar, not just because we belong to the other group but we believed that it is just the right thing to do,” Murillo added.

Cañete, who is tasked by Martinez to lead the Cebu referee group, believes that this would be a good chance for promising arbiters to succeed in the field. (RCM)

In fairness to Boy Murillo's group, talaga namang mas magaling yung refs nila who is curiously officiating Coach Yayoy's tournaments, a known SBP supporter. Pero maganda na rin ma train yung grupo nila Cañete, because I personally feel they did a lousy job in the CeSAFI and Liga Pilipinas

bleachertalk
10-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Just wanted to make a clarification. Rey Canete's group did not officiate the CESAFI games. The CESAFI pool of referees come from different referee groups. In fact, Rey didn't even officiate any CESAFI game. However, there are 4-5 refs from Rey's group who are part of the CESAFI pool of refs.

The Liga pool of refs is also a collection of refs from Cebu & Bacolod (& do not come only from Rey's group). Rey has 3-4 refs in the Liga. Moreover, they don't officiate in games held in Cebu to avoid any "homecourt" problems. They do the games in Mindanao.

Rey's group (all of them) officiates at the Milo BEST & CYBL games which we run. They'll most likely also do the FBL games.

thadzonline
10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks sir Rico for the clarification, we're all hoping the SBP seminar will elevate the level and quality of officiating in Cebu. With that in mind, Cebu fans will see a much improved officiating in the next season and the other tournaments. Kahit yung refs not aligned with any groups look to benefit from the seminar