PDA

View Full Version : marnel "macmac" baracael

benah_g
07-28-2008, 08:59 AM
please pray for the speedy recovery of Baracael..

ang sama talaga ng gumawa nun sa kanya.

justice for MAC!

benah_g
07-28-2008, 09:02 AM
kakalungkot kasi natalo ang UE vs FEU.. but it's okay, the FEU fought for Mac. the game was for MAc.

so nice to see cawaling and fernandez hug each other in tears.. hay...

get well soon baracael..

full battle gear
07-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Mayor Lim eyed to probe attack on FEU’s Baracael

By Inquirer Sports Staff
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 03:46:00 07/29/2008

MANILA, Philippines—No less than Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim will be requested by the UAAP board to spearhead the investigation of the shooting which nearly claimed the life of Far Eastern University cager Marnel “Mac” Baracael.

A ranking official of a member university in the UAAP told the Philippine Daily Inquirer Monday that the move to seek Lim’s help “is supported by majority of the member schools.”

“The UAAP wants to get to the root of the problem,” said the source who asked not be named. “Remember also that the crime happened in Manila.”

Lim, a no-nonsense police general and National Bureau of Investigation chief before becoming a senator and then mayor of Manila, is an alumnus of the University of the East.

This developed as the UAAP board called on the “urgent investigation by the police and all those concerned to prevent (such) incident from happening again.”

Baracael, a 6-foot-3 power forward, was shot twice from behind by a still unidentified assailant last week while walking with teammates Robert Kave and Ron Cabagnot in front of Philtrust Bank near the FEU gym in Morayta Street.

“While we are glad (Baracael) survived the blatant assault, the UAAP board remains in shock,” the board said.

“We condemn the attack. We enjoin everyone to assist in the search for the truth.”

Police Officer 1 Sherwin Yumul, the lead investigator in the case, told the Inquirer Monday night that the motive for the attack on Baracael remained unknown.

Yumul said they have interviewed Baracael, Kave and Cabagnot.

“The victim has no idea who shot him or what the motive of the attack might have been,” said Yumul.

Four Inquirer sources, including an FEU official, who all spoke on condition of anonymity, have claimed that the incident may be related to basketball games.

But Yumul said there is “no solid evidence yet” to link the incident to such a motive.

Police did not declare an actual time frame for the investigation, saying it would depend on the cooperation of the victim and the people with knowledge of the incident.

“It’s hard to say when we can solve the crime because right now, we still have no leads,” Yumul said.

The police officer also said he is planning to request for a copy of the security video of Philtrust Bank, which may have recorded the shooting.

myktristan
07-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Wounded Tamaraw: I will come back
July 28, 2008 05:56:00
Cedelf P. Tupas
Philippine Daily Inquirer
http://www.inquirer.net/specialfeatures/uaap/view.php?db=1&article=20080728-151109

MANILA, Philippines—The motive behind the threat on his life may still be a mystery to the authorities, but one thing is certain for Far Eastern University cage star Marnel “Mac” Baracael: He wants to pursue his basketball career.

“Kaya ko ito, babalik ako (I can overcome this, I will return),” Baracael, who was shot by an unidentified assailant Thursday, said in a television interview.

FEU athletic director Mark Molina Sunday told the Philippine Daily Inquirer that the 6-foot-3 Baracael is responding to treatment for the gunshot that punctured his lungs and fractured two ribs.

Molina, however, ruled out Baracael for the remainder of the UAAP season, which is the Quezon native’s last playing year in the league.

“He can still play,” Molina said. “The question is when. We are hoping Mac can continue his playing career.”

Baracael was walking toward the FEU gym with teammates Ron Cabagnot and Robert Kave Thursday night when the suspect shot the 23-year-old cager from behind twice with a 45-caliber pistol.

At least four Inquirer sources claimed that the incident may be related to basketball.

One source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the shooting “had something to do with games.”

Another source, an FEU official, said certain people wanted to punish Baracael after the cager “squealed on the existence of cheats in the team.”

But Molina said it is still “very premature” to speculate on the motive.

“We are making sure that Mac (Baracael) is secure,” Molina said.

bchoter
07-30-2008, 10:20 AM
I think this can be moved to teh UAAP thread because Justice for Mac is justice for all in the UAAP community.

Pareng Dark Knight simulan mo na ang kampanya... :D

jonas-jason
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
so what's the latest news on Mac?

is he doin fine?

Dark Knight
07-30-2008, 09:25 PM
I think this can be moved to teh UAAP thread because Justice for Mac is justice for all in the UAAP community.

Pareng Dark Knight simulan mo na ang kampanya... :D

Im planning to stage a rally in front of the DOJ, PSC, MPH but i cant even walk from my bedroom to the bathroom. ;D

stonecold316
08-06-2008, 04:25 PM
MPD to probers: Keep mum on Baracael case
08/06/2008 | 08:39 AM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us MANILA, Philippines - The Manila Police District (MPD) has imposed a gag order on its investigators handling the shooting of a varsity basketball player of the Far Eastern University in Manila last July 24.

Radio dzBB reported Wednesday that MPD head Chief Superintendent Roberto Rosales said this will prevent investigators from accidentally publicizing important leads in the shooting of Marnel "Mac" Baracael.

Rosales said that the only time the MPD will make public announcements on the case will be when it arrests the suspects in the shooting incident.

Baracael, a star power forward of the FEU varsity basketball team, was shot July 24 near the FEU campus along Morayta Street, near a Philtrust Bank branch.

Police earlier said they are not discounting the possibility that Baracael was shot in connection with alleged game-fixing incident. Baracael had since denied involvement in such activities. - GMANews.TV

jonas-jason
08-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Ha ha ha
Buti na lang at nahili na ang naka baril kay Mark.
siguro dapat mabulok na sa kulungan ang hayop na un.

Kay Mark.....Pagaling na lang siya.
Sana makapasok ang FEU sa finals at syempre sana nandun na si mark when that happens.

LION
08-08-2008, 05:08 PM
^ Is this true? Nahuli na nga ba? Did they get the right person?

stonecold316
08-08-2008, 11:10 PM
wala pang nahuli. may artist sketch lang ang MPD ng suspect.

stonecold316
08-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Home > Sports > Top Stories MPD releases sketch of alleged lookout in Baracael shooting
08/08/2008 | 12:52 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us MANILA, Philippines - The Manila Police District (MPD) on Friday released the cartographic sketch of the alleged lookout in the shooting of Far Eastern University (FEU) varsity basketball player Marnel "Mac" Baracael in Manila last July 24.

MPD Homicide Section chief Dominador Arevalo said the sketch was based on the one of the witness' description of the suspect. He noted that the lookout was described as man aged between 38 to 40 years old, fair complexioned, and stands 5'2" to 5'3" tall.

Arevalo further said the witness noticed the suspect loitering around the FEU front gate in Morayta corner R. Papa St. in Sta. Cruz, Manila from July 22 to 24.

He also said that the witness overheard the suspect saying, "Maraming mabubulabog dito, sir (Many will be alarmed here sir)".

Arevalo added that the lookout was seen in the close circuit television two hours before Baracael was shot. "The witness positively identified the man in the CCTV as the same man he saw in front of FEU gate," he said. - GMANews.TV

jonas-jason
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
aw... i got it wrong.
Mali ang nasagap kong balita.
but anyway thanks for the info.
sige let's make a movement.
rally n lng tayo for
MARK BARACAEL
teka tama ba ang spelling?

MargaretThrasher
08-09-2008, 11:09 PM
His name is Marnel Baracael. Yun yung nakalagay sa title ng topic na ito.

King_stag
08-25-2008, 10:58 PM
is it true that he is back in full contact training? ??? can he still play in their remaining games?

Dark Knight
08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
I dont think so. mark Molina announced that Baracael will sit out the remainder of the season.

viesca
08-28-2008, 03:03 AM
Team sources says ''macmac'' is ready to go and will suit up today vs NU

myktristan
08-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Tams’ Baracael reports back for duty vs Bulldogs?
by Joey Villar
http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sports&p=49&type=2&sec=30&aid=20080827134

Mac Baracael will suit up for Far Eastern University today just a month after he took a near-fatal shot to the back as he emerged from a team practice.

Believe it or not, Baracael is ready to play, and according to head coach Glenn Capacio, the FEU superstar has been attending practice the last few days.

“He’s been practicing lately, and has undergone some conditioning. Definitely, he will be there today wearing his uniform,” said Capacio.

“I hope I can field him even for a minute or two, and give him back the feel of the game. He wants to play and the doctors have given him the go.”

With Baracael around, the Tamaraws are once again expected to play with a lot of emotion when they face the NU Bulldogs at 2 p.m.

FEU, tied for second with La Salle at 8-3, will surely draw inspiration from Baracael. FEU fans that will troop to the Araneta Coliseum today will surely be glad to see him back on the bench.

Nothing concrete has come out of the investigation – whether or not the shooting is basketball-related.

“He’s back in the team,” Capacio added. “He’ll sit on the bench, maybe play some minimal minutes. I told him we just need his presence there if we should make it to the Final Four,” he added.

The Tams, however, will continue to miss rookie Robert Kave of Papua New Guinea who was with Baracael when the latter was shot as he stepped out of the school campus following a team practice.

Kave said he couldn’t handle the experience and had gone home to Papua New Guinea.

FEU lost to NU, 61-69, in the first round.

La Salle takes on Santo Tomas in the other game at 4 p.m. with the Green Archers seeing action minus head coach Franz Pumaren who is with the RP Youth Team in Tehran.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
straight from the coach: he will play but relegated to the bench...

King_stag
08-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Welcome Back Marnel "mac" Baracael
The crowd and bench of feu gave a standing ovation when he entered the game. It must be the hair? ;D

Dark Knight
08-28-2008, 08:04 PM
I dont think so. mark Molina announced that Baracael will sit out the remainder of the season.

Im eating my post right now. ;D

benah_g
08-30-2008, 03:22 PM
WELCOME BACK MARNEL BARACAEL!

gosh! napaiyak ako sa iyong pag babalik.

lalo na ng bigyan ka ng standing ovation.

im so happy you're back..

Good luck..

(ongoing nga pala game ng FEU vs UP ngayon.. 1st half pa lng.. hmm.. close fyt.. sana manalo FEU! hehehe ;D)

mrard
08-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Based on the box scores, Baracael scored 9. :) nakaka-wow talaga,. i'd clap for him if i'll get to watch on thursday even if i'm for UE in that match:)

Joescoundrel
09-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Welcome back to basketball Mr Baracael.

May your assailants, enemies and all of their family contract bone cancer and die long, slow and agonizing deaths for what they did to you.

Dark Knight
09-01-2008, 07:43 PM

May your assailants, enemies and all of their family contract bone cancer and die long, slow and agonizing deaths for what they did to you.

You're very mean sir Joe......... ;D

danny
09-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Good to know that Macmac is now playing.

Tarantadong sindikato yan. May araw din ang mga yan.

coreytaylor
09-04-2008, 12:15 PM
aasahan ko na maganda contribution ni mac mamaya. go feu! talunin nyo ue! get the twice-to-beat! ;D

bossman
09-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Very good contributions in his last ball game. Keep it up.

glock23
09-04-2008, 05:15 PM

wag naman joe...im sure mac does not even wish that upon his worst enemies. mabait na tao yan. Mali lang ang nakatalo....at hindi sindikato! NBI lang ang nakakaalam at itatago na sa listahan ng philippines "unsolved crimes" archive.

bchoter
09-04-2008, 05:37 PM
^ Hindi sindikato? Pero buhay ang gustong kapalit? Baka naman si Andi9 ang gahilan. Di ako magtataka...

glock23
09-04-2008, 06:24 PM
^ Hindi sindikato? Pero buhay ang gustong kapalit? Baka naman si Andi9 ang gahilan. Di ako magtataka...

alam ng NBI ang lahat! case closed na yan....