PDA

View Full Version : UAAP Season 71 Game 7: DLSU Green Archers vs. UE Red Warriors

bigfreeze_bibby
07-26-2008, 10:56 PM
At last, the long awaited rematch of last year's finalists will be right in front of our very eyes. Although both teams are in opposite directions come next week Saturday, the Red Warriors will still be a tough threat for the Green Archers especially that UE came from another heartbreaking defeat in the hands of their neighbors, the very-much inspired FEU Tamaraws. The Archers should expect that the Warriors will come full steam and will be hungry as well to exact revenge on their season 70 finals tormentors.

The usual suspects will have to be checked for the Red Warriors namely Arellano, Martinez, Espiritu, Llagas, and Thiele (which is their main or strongest five for me on the floor). But the Archers should also focus on the returning Paul Lee, Raffy Reyes, and Paul Zamar who can contribute anytime for coach Dindo Pumaren's wards. All three mentioned guards who usually come off the bench can provide both inside and outside scoring for the Warriors and are also capable of putting decent defensive stops from the pressure defense formations.

As we all know, UE's system is almost the mirror-image of DLSU's basketball system and philosophy. So this will be another story of "who gets to blink first loses the game" which means for the team whoever forces more turns and loses its focus due to the pressure defense of both teams will have a hard time and will experience another mark in the "L" column in the standings. Rico, PJ, Marko, and Maui will have their hands full on the more athletic UE frontline.

I also hope that LA Revilla will be able to play so that to relieve JV of his point guard chores and can focus more on his usual role as the primary scorer and creator on the offensive end, not worrying too much on bringing down the leather for the DLSU offense. Revilla was out earlier in the game against UP due to a neck sprain suffered in the Archers' victory over Adamson last Thursday. I feel that the X-Factor in the game will be James Mangahas and Peejay Barua as these guys will definitely re-shift the focus of the defense of the Warriors.

In the last meeting of these two teams, UE beat DLSU in their FilOil elimination game via JV Casio's dribbling error resulting to Marcy Arellano's easy lay-up at the buzzer. Bench players will be crucial as well as UE has the luxury of a deeper bench than the Archers. I expect another close and physical encounter for these teams who rely on aggressive defense to win basketball games and I hope the refs will be quite lenient in making the calls allowing these teams to play on themselves to provide more color and drama to the ballgame.

ArcherAdictant
07-27-2008, 08:54 AM
La Salle all the way. Animo!

aarreza
07-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Totally agree that bench play will play a critical role in the game but don't believe that UE has the deeper bench than the Archers. In fact, I believe that DLSU's bench is the best in the UAAP as shown by their performance in the last 5 games (which DLSU all won) as they have pretty much outscored the starters. The big question is, after James, PeeJay, Bader, Maui and Hyram, who will be the X-factor this time against UE?

ANIMO LaSalle beat UE!!!

GHRanger
07-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Both teams do the press and is more or less a mirror image of each other. This season though, UE is more vulnerable to taller teams. Two main factors in this game -- Focus and Conditioning.

I agree that the XFactor will be Peejay Barua and Bader Malabes. If they click on the 3s or mid-long 2s, the defense of UE will be forced to spread out. Giving the guys like Rico, Maui, James and MJ an easier time at the post. (baka lumuwag na rin ito at makakita tayo ng alleyoop galing kay LA. :) ) Bakit wala kamo si JVee... given na kasi eh... :)

eightyfiver
07-29-2008, 07:04 PM
DLSU by 8 points. Arellano, Martinez, Thiele and Espiritu looks burned-out and has been playing sub-par. On the otherhand DLSU players are just peaking and getting into the groove.

glock23
08-02-2008, 07:02 PM
congats to UE for a well played game. Im really not worried about the loss but more on the condition of our injured players. I hope Simon and marko's injuries are not serious. we're praying for you guys.

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

nel
08-02-2008, 11:06 PM
According to reports, Simon is most likely suffering from whiplash, will stay in the hospital until Tuesday. Marko's probably out for the season, ACL injury again. Just when he was starting to get into game shape.

Congratulations, UE!

nash_bedista
08-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Saklap naman nangyari kay Marko, ACL again :( It's time para bigyan exposure si Jovet Mendoza. ;D

cub
08-02-2008, 11:52 PM
after Revilla, si Simon naman. i hope Maierhofer and Mangahas is ok and will be 100% on their next game.

OT: what's with UAAP this season? there are so many injuries

AdU - Lester Alvarez(dislocated shoulder)
AdMU - Eric Salamat (disclocated jaw)
DLSU - Revilla(stiffed neck), Atkins, Batricevic(ACL), Maierhofer(?)Mangahas(?)
FEU - Baracael, Kave(have to leave)
UST - Cuan
UE - Lee, Tagarda, Etrone

who's next? NU? UP? wag naman sana.. >:(

Fried Green Tomato
08-03-2008, 12:54 AM

UST - Cuan

This is the uaap way of manifesting a protest.

Teams must now offer human sacrifices in order for the uaap gods to hear our different pleas - nabro, chito narvasa, phantom fouls, ID, wrong uniform, etc. ;D

batangueño
08-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Congratulations to the UE Red Warriors. They were, definitely, the better team in this match-up. They defended us so well. The shots of Martinez, Lee and Zamar sank in successfully. Llagas and Thiele were simply fearless in going for the basket. Dindo won over his Kuya Franz fair and square.

As for our boys, JV, Rico, LA and Maui played great basketball. Yes, the Archers were buried by the Warriors by as much as 15-16 points but they never gave up. They almost erased UE's lead but the Warriors were simply way better that time. At least, with this latest setback, the Archers will be able to regroup and adjust their mistakes (DEFENSE! Our defense was really really bad as we allowed Martinez, Lee, Zamar, Llagas and Thiele to do much damage).

I wish both Marko and Simon are doing fine by now. Masama talaga yung pagkabagok ng ulo ni Simon while nakakalungkot para kay Marko na short-lived ang season niya dahil sa ACL injury. Nakakalungkot na nga na may mga players tayong sugatan pero nakuha pa nila na ikatuwa ang mga nangyari sa players natin. Ayoko na sanang pansinin yung mga ganun kasi hindi sulit patulan ang mga ganun kaya lang doon mo makikita na marami din pala sa kanila ang ill-bred at masaya kapag may na-agrabyado na tao. >:(

stonecold316
08-03-2008, 03:02 AM
batangueno, wala ka ng magagawa sa mga tao na yun.

Sabagay, in the mid-90s, ganun din ako lalo ng nung UST vs DLSU championship games. But as you grow older, nare-realize mo ang pagkakamali mo.

Wish na sana ok si Simon. Kay Marco naman, well pagaling uli at sana makabalik next season.
Bawi na lang kayo next game, basta wag naman sana sa USTe.
;D ;D ;D

tigerman
08-03-2008, 07:52 AM
This game might be the worst I've seen from the Archers since I started watching the UAAP. They had a lot of turnovers and mostly were very "un-la salle". Their offense was very stagnant and erratic. UE also made a mockery on their defense and badly outrebounded them.

Casio was definitely tired having to carry the pg duty much of the game. He did try his best to play that role. Maierhofer was a no-show and he constantly passed some "panira shots" in fear of being blocked by Espiritu and Thiele. Good thing Mangahas with a bum ankle and all showed up. Otherwise, the winning margin would've been by a mile.

I hope for the speedy recoveries of Atkins and Batricevic.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

cub
08-10-2008, 11:10 PM
after Revilla, si Simon naman. i hope Maierhofer and Mangahas is ok and will be 100% on their next game.

UST - Cuan

so the curse continues. now, it's NU's turn. Jahnke and Garcia left the game. and yes, it is against UE.

batangueño
08-10-2008, 11:29 PM

UST - Cuan

UP already has its share of injuries this season. Mike Gamboa will be out for the next two to three weeks due to a shoulder injury which he sustained during practice. :(