PDA

View Full Version : 2008 FR MARTIN CUP DIVISION II

Sam Miguel
07-24-2008, 08:57 PM
It starts August 9 2008 with 18 college teams and eight high school teams definitely seeing action.

FYI for all coaches and teams ___

Amazing what you learn when you are invited to attend league meetings.

Some things I learned, apparently new FIBA rules to be implemented effective for this year's FMC 2nd Division:

1. For backing violations --

- The ball is considered already in the frontcourt if and only if BOTH feet of the player presently handling the ball is in the frontcourt AND the ball is in the frontcourt

-- Therefore if the player with the ball has one foot still in his own backcourt, his other foot in the frontcourt, and the ball is also now in the frontcourt being dribbled, the ball is not yet considered in the frontcourt and can thus still be passed back to a teammate still in the backcourt - NO BACKING VIOLATION. HOWEVER in this case the ball CANNOT be dribbled back into the backcourt by the player who originally had the ball.

-- If a defensive player in the opposing frontcourt steals a pass coming from the opposing backcourt and lands with one foot in his own frontcourt and his other foot in his own backcourt and he pulls back his foot in the frontcourt to his own backcourt thus effectively planting both his feet in his own backcourt there is NO BACKING VIOLATION.

2. For unsportsmanlike fouls --

- Anytime there is no other defensive player ahead of him, and an attacking player is fouled, with a grab, with an attempted steal or any other foul, that is now an unsportsmanlike foul and gets two freethrows plus ball possession; think of it as sort of the opposite to football's off-side rule, the rule now favors the offense

-- Therefore safeties in the backcourt are now at a new premium, slow defenders will kill a team in more ways than before

3. For elbows out and swung/swinging --

- Outright no-no now. Whether or not there is intent to swing or not, intent to inflict harm or not, soon as that elbow or both elbows come out and swing in any direction it gets an automatic technical foul, meaning two freethrows plus ball possession for the opposing side.

-- Therefore after a rebound the best thing to do is put the ball to the chest, wrap both arms around the ball and tuck in those elbows; protect the ball with your body not your elbows, better yet find someone to pass to. If its an offensive rebound then go up straight and attempt the put-back if you can or must.

Quite frankly I think these new rules - especially the new backing rules - will be the cause of a lot of friction, but then again we better get used to it because apparently they take effect in ALL FIBA tournament effective October 2008.

joelex
07-25-2008, 01:57 AM
update naman on when the opening would be and the schedule of games and team lineups. :) thanks

gfy
07-25-2008, 02:20 AM
Re swinging elbows, my brother, who works part-time as a referee in Long Island, was surprised when he visited last April and I brought him to watch 2 Filoil games that the referees were not calling swinging elbows as a turnover like travelling. It is in the States he said. But not technical. Swinging elbows are unnecessary and can hurt.

bchoter
07-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Sam, do you have the (tentative) list of participants?

Sam Miguel
07-26-2008, 10:34 AM
College:

Ateneo De Manila B
University of the Philippines B
National University B
San Sebastian Manila B
University of Santo Tomas B
Far Eastern University B
Informatics B
San Beda B
Emilio Aguinaldo College B
Emilio Aguinaldo College Cavite
Arellano University
Technological Institute of the Philippines
Rizal Technological University
La Consolacion College

High School

San Sebastian Manila B
Emilio Aguinaldo College
Arellano University
La Consolacion College

These are the teams that I recall. Tournament organizers said there are a total of 18 college teams and at least eight high school teams participating. San Sebastian Manila MIGHT field TWO high school teams.

It will be interesting to see RTU in action. I have heard that they are a tall and athletic team.

FYI the high school division will allow only those who were born in 1990-onwards, college division those born 1984-onwards.

UNLIKE the Summer Cup only BONA FIDE high school students will be allowed to play in the high school division of FMC 2. So even if a player was born in 1991, if he is already enrolled in college, he cannot see action in the high school division.

The_Big_Cat
07-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Sam Miguel, tournament format? ???

mighty_lion
07-26-2008, 12:29 PM
No San Beda Red Cubs B on this tournament? Nakakapagtaka. Natatandaan ko halos every year 2 teams ang pinapasok ni Coach Ato sa tournament na to.

paul0220
07-27-2008, 10:00 AM
College:

Ateneo De Manila B
University of the Philippines B
National University B
San Sebastian Manila B
Far Eastern University B
Informatics B
San Beda B
Emilio Aguinaldo College B
Arellano University
Technological Institute of the Philippines
La Consolacion College

High School

San Sebastian Manila B
Emilio Aguinaldo College
Arellano University
La Consolacion College

These are the teams that I recall. Tournament organizers said there are a total of 18 college teams and at least eight high school teams participating. San Sebastian Manila MIGHT field TWO high school teams.

It will be interesting to see RTU in action. I have heard that they are a tall and athletic team.

FYI the high school division will allow only those who were born in 1990-onwards, college division those born 1984-onwards.

UNLIKE the Summer Cup only BONA FIDE high school students will be allowed to play in the high school division of FMC 2. So even if a player was born in 1991, if he is already enrolled in college, he cannot see action in the high school division.
It seem that several teams that participated last year are not the list like Letran, JRU, CSB and etc.

lionbanker
08-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Sir,

Papost naman ng sked on Aug 9. Tanx.

oca
08-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Sa San Beda Team B, may player na ang pangalan ay Gege Castillo. Sa pagkakaalam ko, academically, he is graduating this SY.

Any UAAP school who would be interested in him can play him for two years after residency, by then he will be rendered ineligible due to the "7 years out-of-hs rule".

For other NCAA schools, maybe 3 years pa siya pwede maglaro since malayo pa siya sa age cut-off na 25.

He is not your superstar type of a player. But this kid is "hinog na hinog" na for the big league. Too bad that the Den is loaded with talents and his chances at Team A was also adversely affected by the fact na hindi kursunada ni Frankie Lim and laro niya.

I said "was" dahil he will move on after he graduates this SY.

He stayed at San Beda all this time hoping he'll get elevated. The last year or two he stayed on because he wanted to graduate on time.

A nice kid, with a credible game.

christian
08-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Sir Oca, hindi ba magka-batch sila ni Ogie? kung tama, graduating sya next year??

LION
08-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Sir Oca, hindi ba magka-batch sila ni Ogie? kung tama, graduating sya next year??

Castillo can graduate this year if he wants to but he can extend his stay until next year by not taking full load this year.

Mateen Cleaves
08-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Sa San Beda Team B, may player na ang pangalan ay Gege Castillo. Sa pagkakaalam ko, academically, he is graduating this SY.

Any UAAP school who would be interested in him can play him for two years after residency, by then he will be rendered ineligible due to the "7 years out-of-hs rule".

Not sure if he's covered by the rule. Pero, ang alam ko, hindi na puede magtransfer sa UAAP ang naka-graduate na sa kolehiyo. Whether for masters or for second degree. Pinapayagan lang mag-second undergrad degree yung mga nakatapos doon sa UAAP university mismo. For example, Chris Tiu is taking his second undergrad degree (hindi ko pa rin maintindihan kung bakit hindi puede ang graduate degree). Pero, sa Ateneo lang niya puede gawin 'yon. Hindi siya puede lumipat at maglaro sa UST, for example.

Joescoundrel
08-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Fr Martin Cup organizers are in the process of finalizing the schedules.

Suffice it to say that opening day will definitely push through on Saturday 9 August 2008 at the La Consolacion College gym in Manila, across the Red Lions' Den.

The FMC organizers have not yet said anything about what time the parade of teams will be.

Ateneo B will take on NU B on opening day, tentatively set for 10:00 AM, but this could still change depending on which other teams are available to play on opening day.

oca
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM

Not sure if he's covered by the rule. Pero, ang alam ko, hindi na puede magtransfer sa UAAP ang naka-graduate na sa kolehiyo. Whether for masters or for second degree. Pinapayagan lang mag-second undergrad degree yung mga nakatapos doon sa UAAP university mismo. For example, Chris Tiu is taking his second undergrad degree (hindi ko pa rin maintindihan kung bakit hindi puede ang graduate degree). Pero, sa Ateneo lang niya puede gawin 'yon. Hindi siya puede lumipat at maglaro sa UST, for example.

I know this is OT here, pero napag-isip ko lang, though this may involve Gege Castillo, fact is, it may apply to anyone.

What if a kid never played for any Team A at any collegiate league, and completed his undergraduate within the prescribed years? Talagang walang ginawa kundi mag-aral, irrespective kung nag Team B ba or hindi.

My point is, with so many real and legit Junior players graduating at age 16,17,18. If they were too raw to be considered for Team A until until they graduate at age 20,21 or 22, but can be a potentially good contributor for any varsity team at age 22,23,24 or 25, should that kid be made ineligible dahil "graduate na siya"? Take note this kid may have never played for Team A at any league.

Naiintidihan ko, that rule is there to adress the issue of "mercenaries".

But there must be something wrong if the rule intended to deter mercenaries works against real students.

mighty_lion
08-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Wala pa rin bang detailed schedules this weekend?

Sam Miguel
08-09-2008, 11:55 PM
For Sunday August 10 2008 ---

9:00 AM JRU versus UST (Juniors)

10:30 AM Las Pinas College versus Arellano A (Seniors)

1:30 PM San Beda B versus UST B (Seniors)

All games at San Beda.

AnthonyServinio
08-10-2008, 01:56 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

August 9 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
National University d. Ateneo de Manila University, 75-72
College of Saint Benilde d. Arellano University, 70-57
University of the Philippines-Diliman d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 87-85
Technological Institute of the Philippines d. Colegio San Juan de Letran, 82-73

JUNIORS DIVISION

August 9 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
San Beda College-Rizal d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 121-47

pio_valenz
08-10-2008, 10:26 AM
^Wow! NU Team B beat ADMU Team B? The Bulldogs obviously have a lot of good players in their pipeline.

Mateen Cleaves
08-10-2008, 04:15 PM
^They have Ajeet Singh transferring in from San Beda. He's definitely Team A caliber in any league. Then, of course, they have their own import from Africa.

AnthonyServinio
08-11-2008, 12:11 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

August 10 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
Arellano University d. Las Pinas College, 80-59
San Beda College-Manila d. University of Santo Tomas, 82-74

JUNIORS DIVISION

August 10 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
University of Santo Tomas d. Jose Rizal University, 91-81

Joescoundrel
08-11-2008, 03:22 PM
^They have Ajeet Singh transferring in from San Beda. He's definitely Team A caliber in any league. Then, of course, they have their own import from Africa.

This is what's been bugging me: he really is good, so how come he didn't make the San Beda A lineup? Does he have citizenship or eligibility issues of some kind or other?

LION
08-11-2008, 03:40 PM

This is what's been bugging me: he really is good, so how come he didn't make the San Beda A lineup? Does he have citizenship or eligibility issues of some kind or other?

He is clean as a whistle, Joe.

The only problem is there are so many players vying for the SG position in the Lions' Den.

Joescoundrel
08-12-2008, 08:45 AM
I see. Sayang naman. He kicked the shit out of our Glory B guards.

LION
08-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Sana nga nag UP na lang siya. Oh well.

Kahit si Pipo ng FEU hindi inurungan niyan. Matapang.

razor
08-12-2008, 11:11 AM
^ The development of Ajeet was not overnight. He came in during the time of Coach Koy from Iloilo and he struggled big time as he was being asked to play PG in the off-season leagues.

Starting last year's FMC II, he showed what he can do playing the no. 2 or 3 position as he developed into an Ogie Menor clone. Evidently, he lost patience waiting for a call-up having played for Team Behold the last 2 years and just took the first Team A slot promised to him.*

johnny_a
08-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I was there last Saturday before I went to work. Nakakalaglag baba tanggapin umalis na nga talaga sya sa San Beda. sobrang sayang. Mas malakas at mas lalong lumaki yong katawan. Too strong for players of his height at medyo tumitilapon yong mga guards ng Ateneo. pangPBA na yung laki ng katawan nya. In fairness to Ajeet hindi naman sya dirty maglaro, physical lang talaga.

Gil_Andrews
08-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Isn't he the teamate of Eman Monfort in HS in Ateneo de Iloilo? If I'm not mistaken, they both formed the dreaded hot backcourt combination that the Oping Sumalinog-led Don Bosco Team of Cebu faced in the Regional championships.

Joescoundrel
08-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Too bad that RTU apparently did not push through with their plan to join the FMC 2. I wanted to see the famed RTU squad in action.

Those of you who do not watch the FMC do not know what you are missing other than Ajeet Singh and his Nigerian teammate John Niepo.

Playing in the league are Mike Silungan and John Lao of UP B, Orlan Daroya of Arellano A, and of course the "top secret" Superman of San Beda B.

christian
08-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Hehehe!

joelex
08-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Too bad that RTU apparently did not push through with their plan to join the FMC 2. I wanted to see the famed RTU squad in action.

you wouldve seen in action Ton-Ton Catacutan of RTU, really good point guard, very sturdy and physical, outstanding defender and good scorer too. I really dont know where to see this guy play again his school doesnt seem to have a regular league. Mark my word really this guy is PBL ready at this point. Relatively young too, probably 22-23 yrs old.

mighty_lion
08-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Ang lalaki ng Adamson. 4-5 guys 6'5 and above. Meron silang Chris Bosh look a like. Nakakatakot yong reverse dunk nya. :o

spiep
08-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Ang lalaki ng Adamson. 4-5 guys 6'5 and above. Meron silang Chris Bosh look a like. Nakakatakot yong reverse dunk nya.* :o

i'm sure you saw the chris bosh look alike play...he was soft and is nowhere the caliber of superDan in terms of over-all capabilities.

He is no one to be feared of...

The_Big_Cat
08-16-2008, 07:13 PM
^Look-a-like not play-a-like.

mighty_lion
08-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Hindi lang marunong yong Adamson magbreak ng 2-2-1 zone press ng AU at magset ng opensa.

AnthonyServinio
08-17-2008, 03:48 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

August 16 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Arellano University d. Adamson University, 72-48
San Beda College-Manila d. Polytechnic University of the Philippines, 88-73
Far Eastern University d. Technological Institute of the Philippines, 86-47

JUNIORS DIVISION

August 16 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
San Sebastian College-Manila d. Adamson University, 53-52
Arellano University d. Colegio San Juan de Letran, 56-48

Sam Miguel
08-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Ang lalaki ng Adamson. 4-5 guys 6'5 and above. Meron silang Chris Bosh look a like. Nakakatakot yong reverse dunk nya. :o

This guy is 6-foot-6, name is MANYARA. He actually reminds me of the black arms/drug dealer in Bruce Willis' THE LAST BOYSCOUT. He's very athletic and has a pretty good touch from the freethrow line, great lift and nice multiple springs.

razor
08-17-2008, 11:38 AM
^Where is he from?

christian
08-17-2008, 11:58 AM

This guy is 6-foot-6, name is MANYARA. He actually reminds me of the black arms/drug dealer in Bruce Willis' THE LAST BOYSCOUT. He's very athletic and has a pretty good touch from the freethrow line, great lift and nice multiple springs.

Nakakatakot nga sir... Meron pang 3-4 players ang ADU who doesn't look like pinoy at all, yung isa kasing puti ni Ken Bono, pero me bigote, yung 2 may galaw.

christian
08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Pareng Dark Knight, kilala mo ba line up ng FEU for this year's FMC? Thanks!

AnthonyServinio
08-17-2008, 05:23 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

August 17 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
Jose Rizal University d. College of Saint Benilde, 66-57
Angeles University Foundation d. Arellano University B, 83-62
National University d. PATTS, 84-78

JUNIORS DIVISION

August 17 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
San Beda College-Rizal d. Angeles University Foundation, 93-54

Regular Grey
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
May listahan po ng Line Up ng bawat teams?

THE ONLOOKER
08-18-2008, 12:50 AM

i'm sure you saw the chris bosh look alike play...he was soft and is nowhere the caliber of superDan in terms of over-all capabilities.

He is no one to be feared of...

He's not yet 100% conditioned to play UAAP caliber type of games. He's just 20 years old and he will be be playing on Galinato's last playing year (season 73).

Lionel "Austin" Manyara is a 6'6" US-based Kenyan playing in Kenya's National Team. Most of his playing experience was inside Africa. He's an all around guy and has a good shooting range for his height. He is also a slam dunk champion on his continent, so expect some sideshows at FMC from time to time.

THE ONLOOKER
08-18-2008, 12:55 AM

Nakakatakot nga sir... Meron pang 3-4 players ang ADU who doesn't look like pinoy at all, yung isa kasing puti ni Ken Bono, pero me bigote, yung 2 may galaw.

That's the Guam National mainstays who are ready for season 72, but is still depending on the coaching staff's decision. If I'm not mistaken, another "seemingly foreigner" white guy is just a "local". He should have been playing this season if we lacked a PF on the start of the season.

Google them: Willie Stinnett and Seve Susuico

mrard
08-18-2008, 01:34 AM
What are the scheduled games for next weekend? Thanks.:)

gider
08-18-2008, 09:12 AM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3413.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3395.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3397.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3412.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3402.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3415.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3418.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3422.jpg

m_14
08-18-2008, 10:52 AM
ano pangalan ng mga san beda guys na yan??

The_Big_Cat
08-18-2008, 12:23 PM
ano pangalan ng mga san beda guys na yan??

no. 3 "bat-mite"
no 55 "superman"

christian
08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
He's not yet 100% conditioned to play UAAP caliber type of games. He's just 20 years old and he will be be playing on Galinato's last playing year (season 73).

Lionel "Austin" Manyara is a 6'6" US-based Kenyan playing in Kenya's National Team. Most of his playing experience was inside Africa. He's an all around guy and has a good shooting range for his height. He is also a slam dunk champion on his continent, so expect some sideshows at FMC from time to time.

Is there a chance that SBC-B and ADU-B will meet? ;D

Joescoundrel
08-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Gider, great pictures, maybe we can also get some of the other teams, especially teams with African or other imports like NU B and Adamson B.

mighty_lion
08-19-2008, 10:50 AM
FEU team is also interesting. Gusto ko yong point guard #14 at yong starting shooting guard nila (with headband). Yun #14 one of a kind, masyadong advance yong recognition at malapad yong court vision. Hindi pa nya hawak ang bola alam na nya kung saan itatapon.

bchoter
08-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Ang lalaki ng Adamson. 4-5 guys 6'5 and above. Meron silang Chris Bosh look a like. Nakakatakot yong reverse dunk nya.* :o

That's the Guam National mainstays who are ready for season 72, but is still depending on the coaching staff's decision. If I'm not mistaken, another "seemingly foreigner" white guy is just a "local". He should have been playing this season if we lacked a PF on the start of the season.

Google them: Willie Stinnett and Seve Susuico
They're always in atendance during AdU games.

red_red
08-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Naglalaro JRU ngayon vs. LaCo sa St. Placid gym kung gusto nyo makita yung import nila.

BedanRoar
08-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Naglalaro JRU ngayon vs. LaCo sa St. Placid gym kung gusto nyo makita yung import nila.

Paki balitaan niyo na lang kami sa kilos ng Foreign player nila.

spiep
08-19-2008, 09:39 PM

bakit bidanrur?type mu siya? ;D

AnthonyServinio
08-20-2008, 12:39 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

August 19 (Tuesday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
Technological Institute of the Philippines d. Arellano University, 77-50
Polytechnic University of the Philippines d. Adamson University, 20-0
Jose Rizal University d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 82-73

danny
08-20-2008, 03:32 AM

Huh? :D :D :D

BedanRoar
08-20-2008, 07:16 AM

OT: Sabing atin-atin lang eh. Ikaw talaga oh!

THE ONLOOKER
08-20-2008, 10:05 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

PUP won by default? Who's calling the shots for AdU B?

stat
08-21-2008, 10:10 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

PUP won by default? Who's calling the shots for AdU B?

mon santos.

AnthonyServinio
08-24-2008, 12:33 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

August 23 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
San Beda College-Manila d. Las Pinas College, 74-71 (OT)
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. College of Saint Benilde, 80-64
Arellano University d. PATTS, 90-58
Adamson University d. Ateneo de Manila University, 62-60

JUNIORS DIVISION

August 23 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. Jose Rizal University, 83-73

christian
08-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Mukhang malakas ang Arellano.

salsa caballero
08-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Mukhang malakas sa ref ang Adamson, if you read the game account* :D

salsa caballero
08-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Mukhang malakas sa ref ang Adamson, if you read the game account* :D

mrard
08-25-2008, 01:46 PM
where can we get the full sched of fmc po? thanks

ezralando
08-25-2008, 03:04 PM
chamba lang yung sa arellano ;D

ezralando
08-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Mukhang malakas ang Arellano.

chamba lang po

christian
08-25-2008, 09:13 PM
^Hindi, malakas talaga ;D

bchoter
08-26-2008, 09:57 AM
UST lost to NU, 63-60

anniegurl
08-26-2008, 10:10 PM
wala ba sched ng games?

Sam Miguel
08-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Apparently all games for today August 30 2008 Saturday are now set for TIP's P Casal campus gymnasium, instead of San Beda as initially disseminated.

The_Big_Cat
08-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Ano na ang team standings after Week 4, juniors and seniors?

mrard
08-31-2008, 12:07 AM
i believe FEU is now sporting a 3-0 w-l card because coming into the game earlier against JRU, parehong 2-0 po sila. JRU lost so 3-0 na FEU, 2-1 JRU. :)

AnthonyServinio
08-31-2008, 01:48 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

August 30 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
University of the Philippines-Diliman d. Colegio San Juan de Letran, 79-69
Far Eastern University d. Jose Rizal University, 56-35
San Beda College-Manila d. Adamson University, 60-58
Angeles University Foundation d. Technological Institute of the Philippines, 61-58

JUNIORS DIVISION

August 30 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Angeles University Foundation d. San Sebastian College-Manila, 59-54

pj17
08-31-2008, 12:30 PM
kelan ulit ang game san beda B? and saan ang venue?

ezralando
08-31-2008, 06:33 PM
naka chamba na naman ang arellano kalaban PUP ;D

ALdaMAN
08-31-2008, 11:13 PM
SIno ang leading scorers ng bawat Team? I heard that Mike Silungan from UP ave 26pts a game. 23pts against Laco and 29pts with Letran.

AnthonyServinio
09-02-2008, 06:21 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

September 2 (Tuesday) -- Arellano University Gym (Legarda campus)
Angeles University Foundation d. College of Saint Benilde, 76-68
Far Eastern University d. Colegio San Juan de Letran, 64-52
San Beda College-Manila d. PATTS, 73-65

stonecold316
09-03-2008, 05:42 PM
slowly but surely, dumadami na ang mga foreigners na ila line-up sa UAAP and NCAA.

chinito_guy
09-03-2008, 05:46 PM
san po makikita schedule? ??? ??? ???

bossman
09-03-2008, 06:48 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3413.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3395.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3397.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3412.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3402.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3415.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3418.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/gider/FMC%202%2008/IMG_3422.jpg

Si Maui Decena yun naka number 3. Galing yan. Nakita ko nun Nike Summer League yan versus UE. He breaks the trap alone.

BedanRoar
09-04-2008, 09:09 AM
slowly but surely, dumadami na ang mga foreigners na ila line-up sa UAAP and NCAA.

Medyo OT:
It's actually a worldwide trend, even in the National Teams of several countries (including USA) you would notice backings of foreign players. Sa Pilipinas lang talagang puro batikos maririnig mo. As if nasa one of the top standings tayo.

canmaker
09-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Tama ... and not only in basketball. Recently, football playing countries have started naturalizing Brazilian football players to beef up their teams ...

Wang-Bu
09-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Sana naman hindi binago, nabago o ano pa mang bago ang scheds na ito, kung hindi dalawa na kami ni Sir Sam na pagkakautangan ni Sir Joey Lim ng draft beer at crispy pata. ;D

Ngayong Linggo ika-7 ng Setyembre 2008 sa San Beda College:

10:30 AM : St Benilde versus UP, para sa mga gustong mapanuod gaano talaga kagaling si Mike Silungan

12:00 NN : Arellano A versus Ateneo B, para sa mga gustong mapanuod gaano talaga kagaling ang Arellano

3:00 PM : NU versus Adamson, para sa gustong mapanuod sina Niepo (NU) at Manara (Adamson) na mga bagong Aprikano

chinito_guy
09-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Maraming salamat po sa schedule!!! :D :D :D
Mabuhay po kayo!

AnthonyServinio
09-07-2008, 12:08 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

September 6 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
Jose Rizal University d. Angeles University Foundation, 85-80
La Consolacion College-Manila d. Arellano University, 87-55

JUNIORS DIVISION

September 6 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
Jesus Is Lord College d. Arellano University, 80-77
Angeles University Foundation d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 66-31
San Beda College-Rizal d. Jose Rizal University, 90-68

mighty_lion
09-07-2008, 08:51 AM
La Consolacion College-Manila d. Arellano University, 87-55

Got yah.* ;D.

Mateen Cleaves
09-07-2008, 08:57 AM
^Two consecutive days may laro ang Arellano? O may Team B ba sila? Sa sked na pinost ni Wang-Bu, may laban ang Arellano-A vs Ateneo mamaya.

Joescoundrel
09-07-2008, 08:30 PM
^ Arellano has an A and B team competing in the FMC 2.

mighty_lion
09-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Manraya posterized Niepu and 2 other players of NU with a strong putback slam yesterday. Kala ko mahuhulog yong backboard. :) Niepu wont scare anyone in the UAAP with his current basketball skills - offense and defense. Out of place palagi sa depensa, not a good rebounder, not used to play physical basketball (despite his physical gifts). He settles for 3 point shots 90% of the time. No inside game either.

Silungan and Padilla were the two best players of UP against CSB yesterday. Padilla did it all, from running half-court offense, distracting the guards of CSB, et al. Padilla even had 3 blocks yesterday. Not bad for a PG. Mas steady na syang tumira sa labas ngayon.

AnthonyServinio
09-08-2008, 04:08 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

September 7 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
University of the Philippines-Diliman d. College of Saint Benilde, 73-71
Arellano University A d. Ateneo de Manila University, 80-68
Las Pinas College d. Polytechnic University of the Philippines, 71-64
Adamson University d. National University, 62-44

JUNIORS DIVISION

San Sebastian College-Manila d. Colegio San Juan de Letran, 69-65

Semenelin
09-08-2008, 05:35 PM
may team B po ba yun mga Juniors? or sila rin yun mga nasa ibang liga tlaga?

AnthonyServinio
09-09-2008, 10:42 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

September 9 (Tuesday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
Technological Institute of the Philippines d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 97-96
Jose Rizal University d. Arellano University B, 69-47
Arellano University A d. National University, 86-70

ahoo2x
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
watchout for this guy from la consolacion. pointguard wearing jersey #14. he just scored 25+ pts i think against TIP. just wondering, where this 17 year old guy came from? ??? :)

bossman
09-10-2008, 11:09 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

University of the Philippines-Diliman d. College of Saint Benilde, 73-71
Arellano University A d. Ateneo de Manila University, 80-68
Las Pinas College d. Polytechnic University of the Philippines, 71-64
Adamson University d. National University, 62-44

JUNIORS DIVISION

San Sebastian College-Manila d. Colegio San Juan de Letran, 69-65

Hala talo na naman CSB. May panalo na ba sila dito? Alumnus pa naman ako ng CSB. Mukhang yun mga players pa naman dyan ang aakyat ng NCAA. Kailangan naman nila magpakita.

stonecold316
09-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I hope sunday makanood ako ng mga games sa Fr. Martin. Super dami ng magagaling ngayon na players sa college basketball.

mighty_lion
09-11-2008, 09:48 PM
^ Pre meron kang schedule ng games sa Saturday and Sunday? Papost naman if meron. Thanks. :)

ezralando
09-12-2008, 08:13 PM
anong result nung las tuesday games? ::)

AnthonyServinio
09-14-2008, 12:33 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

September 13 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Technological Institute of the Philippines d. College of Saint Benilde, 71-53
Angeles University Foundation d. Colegio San Juan de Letran, 83-74
Ateneo de Manila University d. San Beda College-Manila, 99-91

JUNIORS DIVISION

September 13 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Arellano University d. University of Santo Tomas, 78-56
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. Angeles University Foundation, 79-68

bchoter
09-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Anthony do you have the schedule of games for tomorrow, Sept. 14?

ilovedhay
09-14-2008, 05:59 AM
sino ang mga naka-line up sa Letran Team B na kasali sa FMC II?

mighty_lion
09-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Alas, Taplah.. Yun lang kilala ko.

bchoter
09-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Text updates courtesy of cr0w:

UST bows to AdU, 57-68.

First half ended with AdU on top, 39-31 but UST makes a comeback to tie it at 47 with Andrew Felix leading the Tigers. Aljohn, Morillo, and Rosales provided the support. 3 foreigners played for Adamson although, according to patmunar, are still raw for the UAAP games. One of them dunks, though.

I didn't get to watch the UST-AdU game but I stayed to watch the SBC-JILFC Jrs. game up to the early parts of the 4th Q. The Red Cubs dominated the game although JILFC put up a fight. The Red Cubs ran their plays better and were playuing as a team even on the break. JILFC, on the other hand, forced some shots and resorted to one-on-one plays lathough they run some good plays. But some players inexplicable take it upon themselves after running through their play to the coach's dismay. San Beda played disciplined ball all the way even if Amer could have easily hogged the ball and still win. He was simply man among boys. JILCF looked bigger and were actually handling the post well. It;s just that hteir big men don't have enough touches. One of their big men has a college ball type body.

stonecold316
09-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Text updates courtesy of cr0w:

UST bows to AdU, 57-68.

First half ended with AdU on top, 39-31 but UST makes a comeback to tie it at 47 with Andrew Felix leading the Tigers. Aljohn, Morillo, and Rosales provided the support. 3 foreigners played for Adamson although, according to patmunar, are still raw for the UAAP games. One of them dunks, though.

I didn't get to watch the UST-AdU game but I stayed to watch the SBC-JILFC Jrs. game up to the early parts of the 4th Q. The Red Cubs dominated the game although JILFC put up a fight. The Red Cubs ran their plays better and were playuing as a team even on the break. JILFC, on the other hand, forced some shots and resorted to one-on-one plays lathough they run some good plays. But some players inexplicable take it upon themselves after running through their play to the coach's dismay. San Beda played disciplined ball all the way even if Amer could have easily hogged the ball and still win. He was simply man among boys. JILCF looked bigger and were actually handling the post well. It;s just that hteir big men don't have enough touches. One of their big men has a college ball type body.

thanks for the update manong. kailan kaya sunod na laban?

mighty_lion
09-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the update bchoter. I should have watched that RC game. Sana may magpost ng schedule dito.

AnthonyServinio
09-15-2008, 12:33 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

September 14 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
Far Eastern University d. University of the Philippines-Diliman, 75-62
Adamson University d. University of Santo Tomas, 68-57
Las Pinas College d. PATTS College, 75-70 (OT)

JUNIORS DIVISION

September 14 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
San Sebastian College-Manila d. Jose Rizal University, 82-74
San Beda College-Rizal d. Jesus Is Lord College, 96-72

bchoter
09-15-2008, 01:15 AM
^ I should have stayed for the LPC-PATTS game had I known it's going overtime AND S23 will go off the air for Destiny subscribers :(

The_Big_Cat
09-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Ano na ang current team standings, jrs & srs ??

ahoo2x
09-16-2008, 09:38 PM
feu defeated la consolacion. RR garcia led the tamaraws. i like the style of this guard. simple and relax. lots of new recruits for feu. had fun watching them. im also amazed with their subic player. dont know the name. =) and also i found out that la consolacion guard came from FEU juniors. this guy lots of potential i hope some coach will see this guy. its better that he'll play for a uaap or ncaa team . too young for college basketball but still he can guard guys older than him. so amazing.=) i had fun watching Fr. martins. can someone post schedule of games? thanks. :)

LION
09-17-2008, 10:08 AM
feu defeated la consolacion.* RR garcia led the tamaraws. i like the style of this guard. simple and relax. lots of new recruits for feu.* had fun watching them. im also amazed with their subic player. dont know the name. =) and also i found out that la consolacion guard came from FEU juniors. this guy lots of potential i hope some coach will see this guy. its better that he'll play for a uaap or ncaa team . too young for college basketball but still he can guard guys older than him. so amazing.=) i had fun watching Fr. martins. can someone post schedule of games? thanks. :)

Escaminiano. Dapat nasa Mendiola yan kaya lang ayaw mag entrance exam.

joelex
09-17-2008, 10:56 AM
He came from subic by way of what school? Is he half-breed also?

AnthonyServinio
09-17-2008, 11:28 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

September 16 (Tuesday) -- Arellano University Gym (Legarda campus)
Far Eastern University d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 78-47
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. Jose Rizal University, 74-71

ahoo2x
09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
i heard he's from lyceum subic. ???

mighty_lion
09-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Sya ba yong naglalaro na may headband na Gabby Espinas yong kulay?

razor
09-17-2008, 02:54 PM
He came from subic by way of what school? Is he half-breed also?

Yes. A Jason Castro look alike.* * ;)

yehey
09-17-2008, 05:21 PM
may talo na ba yung team b ng feu?

stonecold316
09-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Kailan next game ng UST Team B?

LION
09-17-2008, 06:27 PM
may talo na ba yung team b ng feu?

Yes, I think courtesy of San Beda Behold.

mighty_lion
09-17-2008, 06:40 PM
^ Sir LION tune-up game lang yun prior to start of FMC.

bchoter
09-17-2008, 07:08 PM
feu defeated la consolacion.* RR garcia led the tamaraws. i like the style of this guard. simple and relax. lots of new recruits for feu.* had fun watching them. im also amazed with their subic player. dont know the name. =) and also i found out that la consolacion guard came from FEU juniors. this guy lots of potential i hope some coach will see this guy. its better that he'll play for a uaap or ncaa team . too young for college basketball but still he can guard guys older than him. so amazing.=) i had fun watching Fr. martins. can someone post schedule of games? thanks. :)
Maalok nga si Bong. Swap si Wong plus 2 semi bigs from Taem B for that player :D

ezralando
09-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Kailan next game ng UST Team B?

Arellano U vs Ust B ata sa sunday i dont know what exact time yung game

LION
09-18-2008, 07:36 AM
^ Sir LION tune-up game lang yun prior to start of FMC.

Ganun ba? counted na rin. ;D

ahoo2x
09-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Maalok nga si Bong. Swap si Wong plus 2 semi bigs from Taem B for that player :D

pwde rin. hahaha have u seen this guy na po ba? bilib din ako sa bata na to. ngayon lang pumutok name nya.
sna marami mkakita sa kanya. haha deserving tlga. hindi ko lang alam bakit sa laco sya napunta eh. fresh graduate. sayang. :) pero better na rin. kase nabibigyan sya ng exposure.marunong magtiyaga ang bata hindi gaya ng mga former teamates nya n sila soc.hehe ;D

mighty_lion
09-18-2008, 12:37 PM
That Laco point guard is the heart and soul of LaCo Team. Take him out of the court and LaCo team becomes your typical intramurals basketball squad.

ahoo2x
09-18-2008, 10:41 PM
sa tingin ko nga po. cant wait to see her playing at UAAP or NCAA. sana may magpost ng sched dito ng fr. martins. dami tlga mga naglalabasan na magagaling. =)

spiep
09-20-2008, 09:17 AM
sa tingin ko nga po. cant wait to see her playing at UAAP or NCAA.* sana may magpost ng sched dito ng fr. martins. dami tlga mga naglalabasan na magagaling. =)

GIRL SIYA?!?! ???

ahoo2x
09-20-2008, 09:38 PM
lalake. haha sori tao lng po. ;D

AnthonyServinio
09-21-2008, 01:00 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

September 20 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
Ateneo de Manila University d. Polytechnic University of the Philippines, 88-66
Technological Institute of the Philippines d. University of the Philippines-Diliman, 86-84 (OT)

JUNIORS DIVISION

September 20 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 82-31
Jesus Is Lord College d. Jose Rizal University, 95-78
San Beda College-Rizal d. University of Santo Tomas, 82-67

bchoter
09-21-2008, 02:53 PM
FEU B beat AUF. Can't recall the final score but it was ina runaway fashion. This team could probably stand tor-to-toe with their Team A. IMHO #20 (Eguiles?) could have easily made it to the regular roster. Aside from #20 I expect Pipo, Garcia, Manalo and Mangahas to be elevated next season. In the bubble are the two OGs/PGs who look like Fil-fors, #11 and #5. Even their other PGs (#6?) could probably crack the roster of other teams.

Hooplover
09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
FEU B beat AUF. Can't recall the final score but it was ina runaway fashion. This team could probably stand tor-to-toe with their Team A. IMHO #20 (Eguiles?) could have easily made it to the regular roster. Aside from #20 I expect Pipo, Garcia, Manalo and Mangahas to be elevated next season. In the bubble are the two OGs/PGs who look like Fil-fors, #11 and #5. Even their other PGs (#6?) could probably crack the roster of other teams.
Sir,who's coaching FEU-B in the FMC II

gfy
09-22-2008, 12:51 AM
^Coach Muriel but Coach Bert is always there to help.

Dark Knight
09-22-2008, 09:57 AM

Looks exciting. I should watch our Team B. I hate my job. Always in the province. >:(

bchoter
09-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Adamson is ingaged in a close match with PATTS at half time. *Asst. Coach Jing Ruiz' son converted a 3-pointer at the halftime buzzer to push AdU on top by 3.Austin had one monster 180 revers dunk and blocked/initimidated a lot of shots. #10, #13 and the PG of PATTS played well for them. They could have led by haltime if only they converted some missed a couple of fastbreak attempts.

DK, you should. It will, somewhat, ease the feeling of losing in the F4. You've got 2 of the best PGs in the tournament, Pipo who's a deadshot from medium range way out to the 3-point area, a promising big man, a tough PF in Abaring, and some up and comers. And they play well together. I'm not a fan of Gavierez though :D

tamarawz_14
09-22-2008, 10:04 PM

its Eguiloz 6-6...... malalim talaga ang pipeline ng FEU.... espinas(ex-PCU), garrido(ex-PCU) and jahnke (NU) mga former team B ng FEU..

bossman
09-22-2008, 10:24 PM

its Eguiloz 6-6...... malalim talaga ang pipeline ng FEU.... espinas(ex-PCU), garrido(ex-PCU) and jahnke (NU) mga former team B ng FEU..

Galing talaga recruitment program ng FEU. Kahit wala nga juniors before mga recruit nila impact players na wala sa mainstream. Hindi madali maghanap ng ganun talent ah. Year in, year out may mga magagaling talaga and I would like to commend Mark Molina for that.

tamarawz_14
09-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Adamson is ingaged in a close match with PATTS at half time. *Asst. Coach Jing Ruiz' son converted a 3-pointer at the halftime buzzer to push AdU on top by 3.Austin had one monster 180 revers dunk and blocked/initimidated a lot of shots. #10, #13 and the PG of PATTS played well for them. They could have led by haltime if only they converted some missed a couple of fastbreak attempts.

DK, you should. It will, somewhat, ease the feeling of losing in the F4. You've got 2 of the best PGs in the tournament, Pipo who's a deadshot from medium range way out to the 3-point area, a promising big man, a tough PF in Abaring, and some up and comers. And they play well together. I'm not a fan of Gavierez though :D

may ibubuga ba si Gavieres????

gfy
09-23-2008, 02:44 AM
^He just came from an injury but I was told he's good. Si Coach Bert ang recruiter. Yun mga tiga Zamboanga - Knuttel, Barroca and Ryan Roose. Mga matatangkad - Ramos, Cervantes, Eguiloz, #22 and Escoto. Mga wingman - Pipoo, Mangahas and Gavieres. I think FEU will be a force to reckon with in the coming years.

Hooplover
09-23-2008, 04:09 AM
i heard FEU has recruited a big time shooter from the Visayas.. his name is BJ Paraguya, i think he will be the perfect replacement for Ben Fernandez.. he is solid at the shooting guard spot, and sources say he is right up with Team A already as the team officials announced and is going to start scrimmages soon. Hope this will keep the fire burning for the Tams.....Got this from pex,is this true GFY?

ilovedhay
09-23-2008, 06:56 AM
I heard from Yousif Saleh former SBC Red Lions center who transfer to Letran but unable to make to the roster. That there is a transferree from FEU Team B also who is a bigger version of Dino Daa. I also admire their recruitment program of FEU Tamaraws. For sure they will be heavy favorite for season 72. They prove that they dont need a high caliber high school players from the NCAA/UAAP.

j34dollarz
09-23-2008, 07:17 PM
When and where will be the next game for the tamaraws?

Dark Knight
09-23-2008, 08:33 PM
post deleted, error in posting

bchoter
09-23-2008, 10:40 PM
gfy who are the 2 backcourtment who look mixed-race kids who can be converted to PGs but are mostly playing the 1 in FMC?

gfy
09-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Hooplover - Re Paraguya di daw kilala ni Coach Bert ;). Si Danny Gavieres din daw ang matinding recruiter.

Bchoter - Yun isa fil-am. Second year residency na ngayon. Yun isa hinugot ni Coach Bert sa Olongapo.

Adamson din maraming nagpupunta dahil kay Coach Leo. Would you believe Coach Bert advised Colina to go somewhere else kasi wala siyang paglalagyan sa FEU two years ago?

tamarawz_14
09-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Hooplover - Re Paraguya di daw kilala ni Coach Bert ;). Si Danny Gavieres din daw ang matinding recruiter.

Bchoter - Yun isa fil-am. Second year residency na ngayon. Yun isa hinugot ni Coach Bert sa Olongapo.

Adamson din maraming nagpupunta dahil kay Coach Leo. Would you believe Coach Bert advised Colina to go somewhere else kasi wala siyang paglalagyan sa FEU two years ago?

^^^^yeah sa overload ng big men sa FEU kailangan nya talaga lumipat.... marami kasi connection sila flores and gavieres all over the country and even ex-FEU players nagrerecruit din sila.... suportado pa pala ni gavieres ang FEU... we love you coach.....hahahahah

stonecold316
09-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Kahit pa nung 90s, lagi talagang malakas ang Team B ng FEU. Siguro isang maganda sa ginagawa nila eh talagang pinahihinog muna nila ang players nila sa Team B before elevating them sa Team A. That's why kahit mawala ang top five players nila this year, malakas pa rin ang Team nila next year.

AnthonyServinio
09-28-2008, 03:20 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

September 27 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. Arellano University B, 87-67
Arellano University A d. San Beda College-Manila, 68-66
Technological Institute of the Philippines d. Jose Rizal University, 54-53

JUNIORS DIVISION

September 27 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Arellano University d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 109-25
San Beda College-Rizal d. Colegio San Juan de Letran, 96-79

kuyarubs
09-28-2008, 07:53 AM
now that the uaap is over and the ncaa finals is on monday, can somebody post game schedules so we can watch and see prospects for next year. thanks

Mateen Cleaves
09-28-2008, 06:08 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

Colegio San Juan de Letran d. Arellano University B, 87-67
Arellano University A d. San Beda College-Manila, 68-66
Technological Institute of the Philippines d. Jose Rizal University, 54-53

Boss Anthony,

UP had a game against AUF scheduled last Saturday. Anong nangyari doon, was that a forfeit by AUF or was it re-scheduled?

bchoter
09-28-2008, 07:48 PM
PUP beat UST Team B by eight or 10 pts (71-61 yata).

UST played disorganized ball in most parts of the game until a little more than 2 minutes left when they mounted a furious rally from 20 pts down. Anton Altamirano, again, spearheaded the comeback grabbing loose balls and taking it to the hole or hitting 3-point shots. Unfrotunately, it proved a little too late.

AnthonyServinio
09-29-2008, 02:22 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

September 28 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
La Consolacion College-Manila d. College of Saint Benilde, 82-58
Las Pinas College d. National University, 61-57
Polytechnic University of the Philippines d. University of Santo Tomas, 72-63

JUNIORS DIVISION

San Sebastian College-Manila d. University of Santo Tomas, 66-51
Jesus Is Lord College d. Adamson University, 75-72

bossman
09-29-2008, 11:21 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

JUNIORS DIVISION

LaCo Manila? Tinatalo na CSB ngayon? Something not good for a NCAA program ah. Kasi if you are a NCAA team you must prove yourself to be one!

ahoo2x
09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
yeah. ok sana kung hndi big margin ang lamang e. :o i watched the game. the only problem lang is their big men. kayang kaya sila ng laco. castillo and camacho led la consolacion college. grabe talaga yung castillo nila. hirap na hirap ang mga benilde guards. imagine a 17 year old? idol tlga. haha ;D

izon
10-02-2008, 10:27 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

JUNIORS DIVISION

LaCo Manila? Tinatalo na CSB ngayon? Something not good for a NCAA program ah. Kasi if you are a NCAA team you must prove yourself to be one!

Cannot expect anything from CSB. Salingket lang yan sa NCAA.

izon
10-02-2008, 10:30 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

JUNIORS DIVISION

Cannot expect anything from CSB.* Salingket lang yan sa NCAA.

Hindi ba kasali ang DLSU Team B sa Ligang ito?

mighty_lion
10-02-2008, 10:54 AM
AFAIK walang Team B ang DLSU.

The_Big_Cat
10-02-2008, 11:02 AM

Mayrun, yung RP Youth team. ;D

izon
10-04-2008, 10:10 AM

Meron. Just been created. Supported by the DLSUAA.

AnthonyServinio
10-04-2008, 05:50 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

October 4 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
San Beda College-Manila d. National University, 86-57

JUNIORS DIVISION

October 4 (Saturday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Jose Rizal University d. Adamson University, 56-52
Arellano University d. Angeles University Foundation, 69-42
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. University of Santo Tomas, 66-57
Jesus Is Lord College d. San Sebastian College, 73-54

Get_Blazed
10-04-2008, 05:59 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

JUNIORS DIVISION

Cannot expect anything from CSB. Salingket lang yan sa NCAA.

Just know that most team B members of CSB are HS graduates having a hard time with their transition, since most team B members have been elevated last year(Dalanon, Abolucion, Manalac).

AnthonyServinio
10-06-2008, 01:32 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

October 5 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
Adamson University d. Las Pinas College, 52-41
University of the Philippines-Diliman d. Arellano University B, 73-40
PATTS d. University of Santo Tomas, 64-58

LION
10-06-2008, 09:42 AM
What's the latest team standings?

AnthonyServinio
10-06-2008, 04:57 PM
What's the latest team standings?

SENIORS A

*Far Eastern University 6-0
Technological Institute of the Philippines 6-2
Angeles University Foundation 4-2
University of the Philippines-Diliman 4-2
Jose Rizal University 4-3
Colegio San Juan de Letran 3-4
La Consolacion College-Manila 2-4
College of Saint Benilde 1-6
Arellano University B 0-7

SENIORS B

*Arellano University A 6-0
*San Beda College-Manila 6-2
Adamson University 4-3
Las Pinas College 3-3
National University 3-4
Ateneo de Manila 2-4
Polytechnic University of the Philippines 2-3
PATTS College of Aeronautics 1-4
University of Santo Tomas 0-5

JUNIORS

San Beda College-Rizal 6-0
Jesus Is Lord College 4-1
Arellano University 4-1
San Sebastian College-Manila 4-2
Colegio San Juan de Letran 4-3
Angeles University Foundation 2-3
University of Santo Tomas 1-4
Jose Rizal University 1-5
Adamson University 0-3
La Consolacion College-Manila 0-4

(*) semifinalist

Note: These standings are based on partial results.* However, majority of the unreported games have little effect on the standings.* Games through October 5, 2008.

LION
10-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks Anthony.

I was told that the semifinals will start next week already?

jovi_13
10-08-2008, 01:43 AM
Uhm, where can I find the full schedule? Thanks!!!!

Get_Blazed
10-08-2008, 12:48 PM
^Is it safe to say that all teams fielded in Division II of FMC are B teams?

mighty_lion
10-08-2008, 01:41 PM

No. Some teams dont have the luxury of having team Bs (Laco, Feati, Las Pinas College, etc) . Yong iba naman merong Team A and Team B na kasali sa FMC (Arellano & TIP) .

bchoter
10-08-2008, 01:42 PM
- Deleted -

Sorry, redundant post... ML beat me by a few seconds :D

Joescoundrel
10-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks Anthony.

Lion, semifinals for the senior division are on October 18, a Saturday, according to tournament director Joey Lim.

mighty_lion
10-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Any info as to when is the semifinals for the juniors division?

LION
10-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks Anthony.

Lion, semifinals for the senior division are on October 18, a Saturday, according to tournament director Joey Lim.

Thanks Joe.

Get_Blazed
10-08-2008, 05:12 PM

No. Some teams dont have the luxury of having team Bs (Laco, Feati, Las Pinas College, etc) . Yong iba naman merong Team A and Team B na kasali sa FMC (Arellano & TIP) .

Eh bakit kung A teams ng AU at TIP hindi sa Div.1 sumali? Kala ko tuloy.. Thanks! :)

izon
10-08-2008, 09:39 PM

Hindi kasali ang DLSU Team B?

Get_Blazed
10-09-2008, 12:35 PM

Hindi kasali ang DLSU Team B?

Wala.

bossman
10-09-2008, 09:20 PM

Yes for the UAAP and NCAA teams kasi on-going yun season di ba? Yun sa mga schools playing outside the NCAA and UAAP for sure halo yun. Kasi yun iba hindi pa naka start mga mother leagues and gusto gamitin evaluating ground ang FMC II.

mighty_lion
10-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Sir Anthony kelan yong semifinals ng Jrs?

AnthonyServinio
10-11-2008, 06:20 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

October 11 (Saturday) -- La Consolacion College-Manila Gym
University of the Philippines-Diliman d. Jose Rizal University, 61-60
Ateneo de Manila University d. PATTS College of Aeronautics, 68-64

JUNIORS DIVISION

University of Santo Tomas d. La Consolacion College-Manila, 78-47
San Beda College-Rizal d. Adamson University, 78-66
Jesus Is Lord College d. Angeles University Foundation, 84-52

AnthonyServinio
10-13-2008, 03:15 AM
SENIORS DIVISION

October 12 (Sunday) -- St. Placid's Sports Complex, San Beda College-Manila
University of Santo Tomas d. Las Pinas College, 68-67

JUNIORS DIVISION

San Beda College-Rizal d. San Sebastian College-Manila, 74-61
Jesus Is Lord College d. University of Santo Tomas, 84-48
Jose Rizal University d. Angeles University Foundation, 56-53
Arellano University d. Adamson University, 56-47

franz_inwurdz
10-13-2008, 01:44 PM

Is this the same Staglets team that won the jrs. crown? And is this the same Red Cubs team that did not make it in the finals?

razor
10-13-2008, 01:45 PM

Is this the same Staglets team that won the jrs. crown? And is this the same Red Cubs team that did not make it in the finals?*

These are the Team Bs of SBC and SSC.

bchoter
10-13-2008, 05:27 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

JUNIORS DIVISION

Nambaka naman. Kung kelan ako di nanood saka naman nanalo >:(. Mukhang cardiac finish pa.

ALdaMAN
10-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Insert Quote
SENIORS DIVISION

University of the Philippines-Diliman d. Jose Rizal University, 61-60
Ateneo de Manila University d. PATTS College of Aeronautics, 68-64

I heard the player from UP Mike Silungan made 33pts. is this true? he made 9/12 from the 3pt line?

AnthonyServinio
10-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Sir Anthony kelan yong semifinals ng Jrs?

SEMIFINALS NA!

October 18 (Saturday) -- TIP-Manila Gym (P. Casal)
10:30 AM Arellano University vs. Colegio San Juan de Letran (Juniors)
12:00 PM San Beda College-Rizal vs. Jesus Is Lord College (Juniors)
1:30 PM Far Eastern University vs. San Beda College-Manila (Seniors)
3:00 PM Arellano University vs. TIP-Manila (Seniors)

*Winners will face each other in the winner-take-all finals next week!

mighty_lion
10-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Thanks Sir Anthony.

stonecold316
10-16-2008, 06:15 PM
SENIORS DIVISION

JUNIORS DIVISION

Finally, UST Team B won a game sa Fr. Martin.
1-5 na bale.

tipian
10-18-2008, 03:11 PM
GO TIP ENGINEERS! :D :D FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! WITH TIP MIGHT!

Joescoundrel
10-18-2008, 08:18 PM
In the end the two undefeated teams will dispute the 2008 Fr Martin Cup Division II Championship.

Far Eastern University B and Arellano University took divergent paths to the FMC Division 2 Finals: FEU B leaned on the steady freethrow shooting of RP Youth pointguard Ryan Roose Garcia in the end game to edge San Beda B 65-57. Arellano displayed game long brilliance to dump Technological Institute of the Philippines 76-57. Both teams wound up the eliminations with identical and immaculate 8-0 records.

The one game Finals shall be on 26 October at the TIP Gymnasium in P Casal, Manila.

yehey
10-19-2008, 09:32 AM
good luck AU chiefs! ;D

bchoter
10-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Manong Joe how about on the juniors level?

tipian
10-19-2008, 03:23 PM
wala po bang game for third and fourth sa seniors? sana mging tip vs sbc sa battle for third.

mighty_lion
10-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Sir Anthony me schedule na po ng finals? Kung anong oras. Thanks.

Joescoundrel
10-22-2008, 12:35 PM

Pare its an NCAA battle in the high school division: Letran versus San Beda. Tingin ko ang mismatch diyan kung sino man ang katapat nung Miranda ng San Beda... ;D

LION
10-22-2008, 01:56 PM

Pare its an NCAA battle in the high school division: Letran versus San Beda. Tingin ko ang mismatch diyan kung sino man ang katapat nung Miranda ng San Beda... ;D

Sa tingin ko hindi pa rin mismatch yun. ;D

Sam Miguel
10-25-2008, 11:41 AM
^^^ I would say mismatch in favor of Miranda.

Sam Miguel
10-25-2008, 11:48 AM
In the end the two undefeated teams will dispute the 2008 Fr Martin Cup Division II Championship.

Far Eastern University B and Arellano University took divergent paths to the FMC Division 2 Finals: FEU B leaned on the steady freethrow shooting of RP Youth pointguard Ryan Roose Garcia in the end game to edge San Beda B 65-57. Arellano displayed game long brilliance to dump Technological Institute of the Philippines 76-57. Both teams wound up the eliminations with identical and immaculate 8-0 records.

The one game Finals shall be on 26 October at the TIP Gymnasium in P Casal, Manila.

If Arellano can get out on their patented jack-rabbit starts out of the gate it will be all over but the shouting for FEU B. I note that while Arellano may not look like the biggest, strongest or most athletic of teams, they seem to have a simple philosophy: offense offense and more offense.

Take a look at how they attack on offense: every opportunity is a fastbreak, an outlet pass, with every one including centers running hard down the floor. When fastbreaks are not available they have secondary breaks, various early offense scenarios, and even tertiary breaks that take advantage of their quicker numbers down the floor.

I would say it is a very good copy of the Mike D'Antoni system of Phoenix, not an exact replica mind you, but a good copy. Orlan Daroya does a lot of things that Amare Stoudemire does (controlling the boards, blocks) including playing out of position at center, ditto Noy Del Rosario vis-a-vis Steve Nash as a distributor and opportunistic scorer.

If FEU is to have a chance they need to establish their own transition game and size advantage early. If they let Arellano get an early lead that is all she wrote. No one is better than Arellano in building a big lead quickly and holding onto it. They did this to RJ Jazul and Letran in the summer, they kept doing it in this Division 2.

LION
10-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Sino yung player ng Arellano na 4'11 ang height? Parang si Poloyapoy ang galaw. ;D

bchoter
10-26-2008, 02:44 AM
^ Mini-me ni James Martinez :D

Joescoundrel
10-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Sino yung player ng Arellano na 4'11 ang height? Parang si Poloyapoy ang galaw. ;D

Lion that would be Leonard "Len" Anquilo, who came from their own high school team.

yehey
10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
sino yung #12 ng arellano parang si jeff galang ng EAC

-insane-
10-26-2008, 09:00 PM

Sa tingin ko hindi pa rin mismatch yun.* ;D*

totoo ba na squires daw nag champ sa jrs division

mighty_lion
10-26-2008, 09:47 PM
^ Yes. I was there kanina. Damn that #8 guy. Ang liit lang pero parang si Gilbert Arenas maglaro! :o

Congrats to the Letran Squires.

AnthonyServinio
10-27-2008, 02:26 AM
***CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY***

SENIORS DIVISION

October 26 (Sunday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Arellano University A d. Far Eastern University, 64-56

JUNIORS DIVISION

October 26 (Sunday) -- Technological Institute of the Philippines Gym (P. Casal)
Colegio San Juan de Letran d. San Beda College-Rizal, 73-63

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS!

ilovedhay
10-27-2008, 07:45 AM
walang import ang red cubs?...well congrats to the squires. Most likely they will be a heavy favorites for season 85 NCAA juniors basketball

LION
10-27-2008, 07:58 AM
walang import ang red cubs?...

Wala pa. Inaayos pa ang papeles e.

well congrats to the squires. Most likely they will be a heavy favorites for season 85 NCAA juniors basketball

Uhhhmm.* Strictly speaking, it will not be the same squires team that will play in the NCAA juniors next year.* Masyadong mga bata mga yan. May 1 o 2 siguro na pwedeng isama sa NCAA Squires team next year, yung isa parang pang-college na ang katawan.

Regular Grey
10-27-2008, 08:06 AM
walang import ang red cubs?...well congrats to the squires. Most likely they will be a heavy favorites for season 85 NCAA juniors basketball

Issue pa rin ba ito?? E di ano ang tawag sa Squires? Champion ng FMC at All Filipino?

LION
10-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Hindi pa rin maka move on.* ;D*

Buti pa JRU nag move on na e sila pa nga yung natalo sa finals.* :P

I hope magka budget na ang Knights para makakuha na rin ng import.

Joescoundrel
10-27-2008, 10:49 AM
It seems the Letran Squires and the Arellano Chiefs really have quite the lucky streak in the Fr Martin Cup.

The Squires routed the San Beda Red Cubs 73-63 while the Chiefs cruised past Far Eastern B 64-56 to capture their respective division championships at the TIP gymnasium in Manila.

Letran got going early on behind the hot shooting of 5'7" swingman Alex Inigo. Inigo got going early on and was on fire all throughout the game. His outside shooting helped open up the middle for 6'1" forward Ron Rios as the Squires went to various iterations of the high-low and the high pick and roll. Letran was doing so well they were up by as much as 63-43 at one point late in the fourth period.

For their part San Beda did not look to organized and seemed to play tentative basketball. The usually prolific trio of 5'7" guard Jon-Jon Amer, 5'8" swingman Ron Sara and 6'4" center John Lunas looked disorganized. In several plays Amer and Sara were trying to force the ball down low to Lunas which resulted in turnovers, take-aways and easy transition baskets for Letran. It didn't help that the San Beda D was slow coming down.

San Beda mounted a furious rally late in the third period behind Amer, Sara and Mac Chavez to cut the lead down to nine 45-36, but Letran responded with back to back three's to once again gain some separation. With Letran making long jumpers against the tentative 1-3-1 San Beda zone it looked like the outcome was sealed as early as the third period. A second Rios alley-oop from Inigo was the Letran highlight.

Inigo led all scorers with 28 points including four three-pointers while Amer led the Red Cubs with 18 markers and five steals.

In the senior division Arellano needed a 10-point burst late in the third period to beat the hard-fighting FEU B Tamaraws. FEU went up 7-0 to start the game but 5'9" RP Youth Team starting pointguard Ryan Roose Garcia put FEU on the board to get the Tamaraws started.

As much as Arellano tried to break away behind the efforts of 6'3" forward Orlando Daroya, 5'10" guard Jordan Melondo, 6'2" forward Noy Del Rosario and 6'5" center Don Rivera, the B Tamaraws just wouldn't be put down so easily. Daroya was finding the early goings a little tough against 6'5" forward-center Sonny Abaring even as Garcia was holding his own against the Arellano perimeter with a little help from 6'2" swingman Ron Mangahas.

Both teams slugged it out toe to toe throughout the first half although the Chieftains led all throughout the first half and indeed from start to finish. But FEU kept within no more than eight points in the first half against Arellano. Garcia, 6'5" Cameroonian forward-center Pipo Nuondoo and 6'6" center Vince Tinte kept the B Tamaraws in the fight with a crisp passing game and their speed in the early offense and the secondary breaks.

Midway through the third period however Del Rosario nailed back to back three-pointers to give the Chiefs their first double-digit lead at 45-35. Garcia was playing matador on defense at the perimeter and was unable to close out quickly enough against the long corner jumper. 5'7" guard Jen Reyes, younger brother of Ateneo's Jai, did a great job closing out on the perimeter but couldn't put up any points.

In the fourth period Arellano went up by as much as 14 points 56-42 as Daroya began to flex his considerable muscles down low. FEU was unable to come back although they kept plugging away behind Garcia, Abaring, Nuondoo and Mangahas.

Daroya led all scorers with 17 points and 14 rebounds to go with four blocks including two as he raced down in transition against Mangahas. Garcia had 14 points, six assists and four steals for FEU B while Nuondoo had 10 points and nine boards.

The_Big_Cat
10-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Chiefs repulse Tams for Martin Cup title
Philippine Star
Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Arellano University showed its more illustrious counterparts in the UAAP and the NCAA that it can mix it up with the best of them after recently topping the sixth Fr. Martin Division II Cup at the Technological Institute of the Philippines-Casal Gym.

The Leo Isaac-mentored Chiefs smashed Far Eastern University Tamaraws, 64-56, to crown themselves champions of the seniors’ division of this event organized by Ato Badolato and Joey Lim with Aric del Rosario as commissioner.

It was Arellano’s third title in this tournament after emerging back-to-back titlists of the Summer Cup edition of the event.

“We’re proud of our accomplishments,” said Arellano coach Isaac.

In juniors’ action, Letran likewise made it a golden double of sorts after it trampled a tough San Beda side, 73-63, for the crown.

It was the second title conquest for the Squires, who also reigned supreme in the Summer Cup of this same section.

pyke
10-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Hail to the Chiefs!

Galing talaga ng Arellano University ChiefsI

We are indeed making a good case in our NCAA application.

Keep it up guys!

Hope our school will be able to enter the NCAA next year!

tamarawz_14
10-28-2008, 11:05 PM
congatz sa arellano.. gudluck if ever matutuloy sila sa NC mas tougher ang competition dun than Fr. Martins knowing most of team are team B......anyways to our tamaraws nice game... how many times na ba tayo bridesmaid sa fr.martin...hahahaha

anniegurl
10-29-2008, 01:19 AM
correction the number 8 from Letran is achie Ińigo. :)

gamecritic
10-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Chiefs repulse Tams for Martin Cup title
Philippine Star
Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Arellano University showed its more illustrious counterparts in the UAAP and the NCAA that it can mix it up with the best of them after recently topping the sixth Fr. Martin Division II Cup at the Technological Institute of the Philippines-Casal Gym.

The Leo Isaac-mentored Chiefs smashed Far Eastern University Tamaraws, 64-56, to crown themselves champions of the seniors’ division of this event organized by Ato Badolato and Joey Lim with Aric del Rosario as commissioner.

It was Arellano’s third title in this tournament after emerging back-to-back titlists of the Summer Cup edition of the event.

“We’re proud of our accomplishments,” said Arellano coach Isaac.

In juniors’ action, Letran likewise made it a golden double of sorts after it trampled a tough San Beda side, 73-63, for the crown.

It was the second title conquest for the Squires, who also reigned supreme in the Summer Cup of this same section.

Team A o B yun CSJL Juniors dito?

anniegurl
10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Team B.