PDA

View Full Version : CeSAFI: Pro-BAP or Pro-SBP?

ankle breaker
07-23-2008, 10:15 PM
now, i come to think that CESAFI management and it's board are riding in 2 boats. hopefully they can find a new commissioner which is pro players, pro excitement and pro fans. the current management is like a church when it comes to their ridiculous rules. if not for the exciting games in the CESAFI, i wouldn't patronize it.

estor_boot
07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
we cant blame the CeSAFI leaders for having affiliations both with the BAP-SBP and SBP. with confusions on whos really the country's legitimate basketball governing body, i would do the same thng if i were on their shoes.

as to the new rules, i dont see anything woth whining about yet. ;D

Schortsanitis
07-24-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't think there should be any confusion. It is now CLEAR which groups have the sanction of FIBA, and which group is politicizing.

estor_boot
07-24-2008, 02:27 PM
nah. not at CeSAFI's point of view. you can ask Atty. Estenzo.. ;D

thadzonline
07-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Ang CeSAFI schools kasi benefited from the BAP's holding of tournaments dito sa Cebu. BAP gave SWU and UV international exposure while the same cannot be said of the SBP. Siyempre, nakabenefit sila sa BAP, so yan.

Schortsanitis
07-24-2008, 03:34 PM
nah. not at CeSAFI's point of view. you can ask Atty. Estenzo.. ;D

Well, SBP-BAP also have their share of Attorneys. Ask Atty. Estenzo, to talk to the SBP-BAP's lawyers, and explain they insist on playing for a basketball organization not sanctioned by FIBA.

'Klarong-klaro iyan, pinahiya na ng FIBA ang BAP, so bakit nagpupumilit pa rin sila mag hold ng liga? At baking sumasali ang CESAFI?'

thadzonline
07-24-2008, 04:46 PM
'Klarong-klaro iyan, pinahiya na ng FIBA ang BAP, so bakit nagpupumilit pa rin sila mag hold ng liga? At baking sumasali ang CESAFI?'

the way I see it, CeSAFI schools joined the BAP-organized leagues kasi naman it's a rare opportunity to participate in a national-level and international-level competition kahit sabihin ng iba that hindi naman quality ang opposition, still it exposed CeSAFI teams to teams outside Cebu, and probably teams that are more experienced. Yan yung alas na hawak ng BAP when it comes to CeSAFI. Yung SBP will still be drawing plans starting tomorrow and the perceived lack of direction didn't sit well with the CeSAFI board, kahit may NSBC yung SBP, iilan lang naman ang nakinabang dun, maybe not even 10% of Cebu basketball players. Siyempre pag nanliligaw ka, dapat you have to put your strong foot forward, para naman ganahan. Dun talo ang SBP sa Cebu kasi dinaan nila sa pananakot and name-dropping.

Schortsanitis
07-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Okay, so does it mean, that if the SBP-BAP will hold "international", or truly "national" tournaments in Cebu, they will wholeheartedly agree with joining that tournament, as they did with the BAP organized tournaments?

If so, then fine, am open to that. I hope the SBP-BAP takes note of that.

thadzonline
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM
I really would like to think so. As long as it is competition on a level that is not usually seen or felt in Cebu. Minsan nga napapaisip ako sa sinabi ni Graham Lim eh na cguro lang tinawag nilang 3rd grade yung competing teams sa liga nila because wala lang sila publicity value like the big name Manila teams. Kasi if you look beyond Cebu, nakinabang din dun ang ibang regions sa NSBC and ang AUF and UL sa AUBC

estor_boot
07-25-2008, 03:06 PM
as a basketball fan, i like CeSAFI's stance for now.
let those leaders kill each other for money and power just dont deny us fans our entertainment.
that way, CeSAFI is Pro-Basketball.

thadzonline
07-26-2008, 11:04 PM
IS CeSAFi really riding on two boats? If they did not attend the SBP planning session held in Cebu mismo, they probably are riding on BAP's boat. I hope they did attend the second day of the sessions earlier

estor_boot
07-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Cesafi plays it safe, affirms neutral stand
By Marian C. Baring
Sun.Star Staff Reporter

AFTER figuring in a tug-of-war with the two warring factions of basketball bodies, the Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc (Cesafi), which used to be one of the biggest backer of the national basketball body, finally made final its stand on the raging issue.

Sort of.

“The board’s position as far as the BAP-SBP is concerned, is we are non-committal until we are clear on the leadership issue,” said Cesafi president Rolly Villa after their board meeting yesterday.

As of the moment, there are two factions claiming to be the legitimate basketball body—one that of politician Prospero Pichay, the other of businessman Manny Pangilinan.

Until now, however, it remains unclear which group holds credence. Pichay’s group registered BAP-SBP to the Securities and Exchange Commission and wave around the Bangkok Agreement to prove their legality.

Pangilinan’s group meanwhile, which was forced to use rename itself to SBP, relies on the support of Fiba, the international governing body for basketball and the Philippine Olympic Committee, which has the authority to recognize a national sports association.

Registration

Pangilinan’s group is also currently contesting Pichay’s registration of the BAP-SBP with the SEC.

Cesafi, a BAP-SBP stakeholder and a powerful influence in the south, was closely associated with the Pangilinan faction.

However, that association was eased when the Pichay group reached out and presented their side.

This prompted Cesafi to let Baldomero Estenzo, its representative to the BAP-SBP, to make an investigation. His findings were reported to the board yesterday, which they used as basis of the official stand.

Neutrality

Cesafi’s neutrality was announced earlier by commissioner Felix Tiukinhoy. However, when Cesafi supported an event hosted by Pichay in Cebu—the Asian Universities Basketball Championships. Questions rose and there were speculations that Cesafi was to jump aboard the Pichay train.

The group’s support of the AUBC led Pangilinan’s side to question Cesafi’s loyalty.

Adding fuel to the fire was when Estenzo snubbed the meeting of SBP at the Marco Polo last weekend.

“We will not commit to any group because we are not certain about the leadership yet. It is not prudent for us to take sides now and it is to the best interest of Cesafi and the member-schools that we do not meddle with all the politics,” said Villa, who is also a top official of the University of Southern Philippines Foundation.

Villa added that the Cesafi will still run its course according to its rules. It will make its decision again once the issue between the two factions, which included a case filed in court, will be resolved.

However, when asked about Cesafi’s participation in SBP-initiated national competitions like the Champions’ League, Villa said they have time to think about it.

“When the time comes, I am sure the issue will already be resolved,” he said.

http://sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/07/29/sports/cesafi.plays.it.safe.affirms.neutral.stand.html

paul0220
07-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Cesafi plays it safe, affirms neutral stand
By Marian C. Baring
Sun.Star Staff Reporter

AFTER figuring in a tug-of-war with the two warring factions of basketball bodies, the Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation Inc (Cesafi), which used to be one of the biggest backer of the national basketball body, finally made final its stand on the raging issue.

Sort of.

“The board’s position as far as the BAP-SBP is concerned, is we are non-committal until we are clear on the leadership issue,” said Cesafi president Rolly Villa after their board meeting yesterday.

As of the moment, there are two factions claiming to be the legitimate basketball body—one that of politician Prospero Pichay, the other of businessman Manny Pangilinan.

Until now, however, it remains unclear which group holds credence. Pichay’s group registered BAP-SBP to the Securities and Exchange Commission and wave around the Bangkok Agreement to prove their legality.

Pangilinan’s group meanwhile, which was forced to use rename itself to SBP, relies on the support of Fiba, the international governing body for basketball and the Philippine Olympic Committee, which has the authority to recognize a national sports association.

Registration

Pangilinan’s group is also currently contesting Pichay’s registration of the BAP-SBP with the SEC.

Cesafi, a BAP-SBP stakeholder and a powerful influence in the south, was closely associated with the Pangilinan faction.

However, that association was eased when the Pichay group reached out and presented their side.

This prompted Cesafi to let Baldomero Estenzo, its representative to the BAP-SBP, to make an investigation. His findings were reported to the board yesterday, which they used as basis of the official stand.

Neutrality

Cesafi’s neutrality was announced earlier by commissioner Felix Tiukinhoy. However, when Cesafi supported an event hosted by Pichay in Cebu—the Asian Universities Basketball Championships. Questions rose and there were speculations that Cesafi was to jump aboard the Pichay train.

The group’s support of the AUBC led Pangilinan’s side to question Cesafi’s loyalty.

Adding fuel to the fire was when Estenzo snubbed the meeting of SBP at the Marco Polo last weekend.

“We will not commit to any group because we are not certain about the leadership yet. It is not prudent for us to take sides now and it is to the best interest of Cesafi and the member-schools that we do not meddle with all the politics,” said Villa, who is also a top official of the University of Southern Philippines Foundation.

Villa added that the Cesafi will still run its course according to its rules. It will make its decision again once the issue between the two factions, which included a case filed in court, will be resolved.

However, when asked about Cesafi’s participation in SBP-initiated national competitions like the Champions’ League, Villa said they have time to think about it.

“When the time comes, I am sure the issue will already be resolved,” he said.

http://sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2008/07/29/sports/cesafi.plays.it.safe.affirms.neutral.stand.html

What is so special about Cesafi? Do they have exclusive control of collegiate basketball in Cebu? What neutrality are they talking about when all their actions clearly shows they're in the boat of Pichay's BAP.

thadzonline
07-29-2008, 11:56 AM
There's actually a 2nd collegiate league based in Cebu but with a larger geographical scope to include Leyte, Bohol, Dumaguete: the Visayas Amateur Athletic Association. its just 2 seasons old though compared to cesafi's 7. The CeSAFI representative to SBP snubbed the very meeting held in Cebu, and I wonder why if they really are taking a neutral stand. Kung neutral eh di dapat sa meetings ng dalawang faction nag aattend or not attend a meeting of either faction.

Schortsanitis
07-29-2008, 12:35 PM
(Snort) 'Ayan, nagkalabasan na ang tunay na kulay.'

Somebody please ask the CESAFI, on how they can expect to be "neutral" kuno, when they joined all out a BAP tournament, then snubbed an SBP-BAP activity?

'Naglolokohan lang ba tayo rito,' or they actually believe people will believe them when they say they are "neutral", when their actions say otherwise?

thadzonline
07-29-2008, 08:22 PM
well, actually, matagal naman yung friction between CeSAFI's Estenzo/Tiukinhuy and known SBP-hardliner Yayoy Alcoseba...sana di na lang nila sinabi na neutral sila

D_I_A
07-29-2008, 09:45 PM
well, actually, matagal naman yung friction between CeSAFI's Estenzo/Tiukinhuy and known SBP-hardliner Yayoy Alcoseba...sana di na lang nila sinabi na neutral sila

Gullas is said to have attended the meeting..

on the other hand, it's obvious which group CESAFI sides now..

mabubulok lang sila pare pareho with the BAP

DOWN WITH THE BAP!!!

thadzonline
07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
well, I have always looked at Gullas as a basketball icon himself independent of the CeSAFI. In fact, many times he does not care what CeSAFI says. So i wouldn't take his atendance as CeSAFI representation in the SBP meeting. Unless he claims otherwise

D_I_A
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
well, I have always looked at Gullas as a basketball icon himself independent of the CeSAFI. In fact, many times he does not care what CeSAFI says. So i wouldn't take his atendance as CeSAFI representation in the SBP meeting. Unless he claims otherwise

yan ang tinatawag na playing safe.. ;)

thadzonline
07-30-2008, 07:30 PM
sino si Gullas? I dont think so..Estenzo's/Tiukinhuy's non-attendance is not even a safe decision because it only further fan the rumor that they are indeed in the BAP's boat and negate their claims of neutrality

ankle breaker
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
if they (cesafi) wanted to be nuetral, they could have not participated in tournaments facilitated by any of the two warring factions. i think that's the most prudent thing they can do. it's clear as the water what are BAP's goal in staging many pocket tournaments is just an act of showing off. they wanted to let the people that they are still capable to staging international tournaments, the last one is AUBC. they said that their intention is to promote basketball but truly is they are promoting chaos and war. they wanted to baffle basketball orgs in the country especially those in the provinces to get sympathy. the participants of their tournaments came as far as southerna tagalog region down to mindanao but no teams came from much ballyhoed leagues such as UAAP and NCAA.
had any teams from those leagues joined that tournament? there is no way that team from china can win that tournament. it's pretty plain and simple, make chaos, show them off and confuse the people.

D_I_A
07-31-2008, 09:27 AM
it's because the BAP is fighting for its existence and its very survival..

and CEBU is one of their main staging grounds for their destabilization efforts against the SBP for it can soon serve as an alternative for NCR based leagues in terms of prominence. Even BAP influenced leagues like NCRAA/UCAA, CUSA, SCUAA-NCR cannot get that kind of success compared with UAAP, NCAA and NAASCU.

ankle breaker
07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
i just can't get it as to why pichay and the rest of the BAP are still trying push themselves into the picture. they have their before. they were given all the opportunities to prove themselves but they failed. how long BAP existed as an NSA recognized by PSC or POC, 20 years or more? they were doing good in the earlier years but their performance dwindle and so is the quality of basketball in the country in the recent years.
now, enough is enough. let's try to give the new team a chance to prove their worth and restore basketball in our country. BAP said that what they are after is for the good of basketball and they are helping. it's plain and simple, what BAP is doing is clearly not helping basketball. instead they are trying to kill the sport through politicising it. but resorting to backstabbing and media press releases that publicly demean the capacity of SBP. they should remember that they are already kicked out of FIBA and the new recognized NSA is SBP. i think that's enough reason for them to stop crossing the lines and boundaries. if they don't want to cease operation as an organization they should also stop brainwashing other people. if the sports org or league doesn't want to join their tournament, so be it.

Schortsanitis
08-01-2008, 09:55 PM
i just can't get it as to why pichay and the rest of the BAP are still trying push themselves into the picture.

P-O-L-I-T-I-K-A.

Pechay obviously has a lot of money, but he doesn't have much popularity at the moment even with all that money, as evidenced by the way he lost in the last Senatorial elections. Since basketball is so popular among Pinoys, Pechay is hoping that if he makes a name for himself in basketball, it will make him more popular, which he hopes will translate into votes in the next Senatorial elections.

It's all about using basketball to promote one's self.

ankle breaker
08-01-2008, 10:30 PM
i just can't get it as to why pichay and the rest of the BAP are still trying push themselves into the picture.

P-O-L-I-T-I-K-A.*

Pechay obviously has a lot of money, but he doesn't have much popularity at the moment even with all that money, as evidenced by the way he lost in the last Senatorial elections.* Since basketball is so popular among Pinoys, Pechay is hoping that if he makes a name for himself in basketball, it will make him more popular, which he hopes will translate into votes in the next Senatorial elections.

looks like he's eyeing for another run at the senate in 2010? i think he needs to reconsider that. im sure he's going to lost that race again.

D_I_A
08-03-2008, 10:36 AM

P-O-L-I-T-I-K-A.*

Pechay obviously has a lot of money, but he doesn't have much popularity at the moment even with all that money, as evidenced by the way he lost in the last Senatorial elections.* Since basketball is so popular among Pinoys, Pechay is hoping that if he makes a name for himself in basketball, it will make him more popular, which he hopes will translate into votes in the next Senatorial elections.

looks like he's eyeing for another run at the senate in 2010? i think he needs to reconsider that. im sure he's going to lost that race again.

you bet dude..it's what we call "quid pro quo" literally scratch my back and i'll scratch yours

graham lim need the money and political muscle he could muster, that's why he's gotten all the rotten politicians in his sinking ship like vegetable-headed Pichay, evil Villafuerte and soon to follow their footsteps - Dirty Harry Lim of Manila(recently MASCO held a basketball tournament together with Lim and Pichay's BAP)

while these politicians need staging ground wherin publicity stunts can be catapulted.

BAP is trying to organize or co-organize provincial and regional athletic leagues whether commercial or school-based which are far from the clout of the Pangilinan/Eala led SBP. this has happened in Rizal and other provinces in Luzon, in Visayas they are banking now on CESAFI's blemished loyalty and in Mindanao community basketball leagues that are hardly known of.

these working relationship between the notorious Chinese mafia led by Graham Lim, GTK and Puyat plus the Evil horde of Villafuerte, Pichay and their ilk really brings the sport down to the recesses of the underworld.

DOWN WITH THE BAP!!!

DEPORT GRAHAM LIM NOW!!!

DON'T YIELD TO BAP!!!

thadzonline
08-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I think instead of bashing BAP, the higher ground is to look at the legit concerns of these BAP-leaning organizations and see if something can be done. I wouldnt comment on many of these associations because Im not even privy to some key information that'd make us understand their situations.

ankle breaker
08-06-2008, 12:08 AM
i do share the sentiments with celino cruz's father in law.
check the link.
http://globalnation.inquirer.net/cebudailynews/opinion/view/20080805-152811/That-BAP-SBP-Issue-Again-A-Rejoinder

D_I_A
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
i do share the sentiments with celino cruz's father in law.
check the link.
http://globalnation.inquirer.net/cebudailynews/opinion/view/20080805-152811/That-BAP-SBP-Issue-Again-A-Rejoinder

Nice point

Is it right for Philippine basketball and is it right for CESAFI?

I hope CESAFI gets enlightened if it intends to jumpship with the BAP...

ankle breaker
08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
i also have a feeling that CESAFI is just playing it safe. if pichay is in the house, they will take care of him. if MVP is in the house, they will take care of him. they will take care of anybody who will come to visit Cebu and talk about basketball.

D_I_A
08-06-2008, 11:27 PM
i also have a feeling that CESAFI is just playing it safe. if pichay is in the house, they will take care of him. if MVP is in the house, they will take care of him. they will take care of anybody who will come to visit Cebu and talk about basketball.

when MVP went to Cebu, CESAFI snubbed the SBP planning sessions. I doubt it if CESAFI is playing it safe. They are just about to burn bridges with SBP i guess..

thadzonline
08-07-2008, 09:43 AM
well, considering that some CeSAFI official already had a recent run-in with MVP, we'll see what happens next

ankle breaker
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
if SBP will severe ties with CESAFI, that will not do good in cebu basketball. it's the CESAFI in the losing end and their players will end up playing in mediocre tournaments to be staged by BAP against lowly opponents. depections of players will be inevitable if that happens.

D_I_A
08-08-2008, 12:51 AM
if SBP will severe ties with CESAFI, that will not do good in cebu basketball. it's the CESAFI in the losing end and their players will end up playing in mediocre tournaments to be staged by BAP against lowly opponents. depections of players will be inevitable if that happens.

i'm still hoping that CESAFI member schools will be enlightened despite the actions of some of their leaders.

ankle breaker
08-08-2008, 09:19 PM
sunod-sunoran lang naman ang mga schools sa board at sa commish. maliban lang sa UV na astig at talagang lalaban para sa kanilang karapatan.

D_I_A
08-10-2008, 12:04 AM
sunod-sunoran lang naman ang mga schools sa board at sa commish. maliban lang sa UV na astig at talagang lalaban para sa kanilang karapatan.

kaso sila nga yung nauna sa pagsali sa BAP NSBC di ba?

ankle breaker
08-11-2008, 09:41 PM

kaya nga astig eh. ayon kay cabahug, wala silang pinipiling liga maski sino pa ang organizer. ang hanap nila ay laro kaya ayon butaltal sa china.

D_I_A
08-11-2008, 10:05 PM

kaya nga astig eh. ayon kay cabahug, wala silang pinipiling liga maski sino pa ang organizer. ang hanap nila ay laro kaya ayon butaltal sa china.

pwede naman na exhibition games with NCR based teams kung talagang hanap nila ay laro..kahit friendlies..kaso sumampa pa sa papalubog na bangka ng BAP..

thadzonline
08-11-2008, 11:46 PM
compared to the "neutral" stance daw ng CeSAFI, probably I'd even say yung Cabahug/Gullas stance ang talagang neutral, walang pinipili

ankle breaker
08-12-2008, 09:54 PM
i don't see the end in this war between BAP and SBP.

D_I_A
08-13-2008, 10:07 PM
i don't see the end in this war between BAP and SBP.

SBP will prevail..it must!!! ;D

ankle breaker
08-13-2008, 11:52 PM
If BAP will concede, SBP will prevail. But i don't see that happening anytime soon. im also in favor of SBP prevailing. I'll just have to wait and see what we will happen next.

D_I_A
09-17-2008, 06:58 PM
CESAFI severed ties with SBP!!!

Shame on you Tiukhnoy!!!

ankle breaker
09-17-2008, 09:19 PM
and later on once the decision is reversed by the appellate court or the supreme court. they will go back to SBP. tiukinhoy balimbing.

a_ron
09-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Save Us From BAP

By Hidelito Pascual
Cebu Daily News
First Posted 12:11:00 02/01/2008

I honestly thought that the issue has been laid to rest when the Philippines was reinstated by the FIBA and the supposed recognition of the Samahang Basketball sa Pilipinas-Basketball Association of the Philippines as the official representative of Philippine Basketball.

Then came the recent brouhaha regarding the Zonal Eliminations for the National Students Basketball Championship which is being held through the auspices of the Basketball Association of the Philippines!

What?

So all this time this issue of representation continues to fester and the old BAP continues its non-recognition of the SBP-BAP in defiance of the mandate granted to the latter association by the FIBA.

I have heard of statements made that there is no legal prohibition for the BAP to continue conducting its own activities as a separate basketball organization.

Oh come on!

At the time when BAP was the governing sports association, were there tournaments in the magnitude of a zonal eliminations that was allowed without its official sanction?

Proof that another national association posturing to conduct tournaments in competition with the official governing body does not work is the recent confusion that local schools had to go through in deciding whether to participate in the Zonal Eliminations for the National Students Basketball Championships.

The Zonal Eliminations had to be scrapped when the CESAFI put down its foot and did not allow its member schools from participating in the BAP sponsored tournament.

The SBP-BAP may have actually contributed to the confusion because it seems that Lorenzo Chao Sy is an official of both SBP-BAP and BAP.

Is not there a conflict of interest somewhere considering that BAP continues to act in cross-purposes with SBP-BAP?

Considering that Chao Sy is a legitimate Regional Director of BAP while his being Provincial Director for SBP-BAP is I believe more of an accommodation, would not he give priority to BAP activities?

For the good of basketball, I recommend that this SBP-BAP against BAP issue should be closed with finality. Continuing with the fractious situation would only hinder the development of the sport from going on after the long lethargy that mired Philippine basketball in the pits.

One thing that could be done is for the basketball aficionados from humoring the BAP posturers so that they would lose any claim of legitimacy and credibility.

One justification that has been given is that the activities like the Zonal Elimination and the National Students Basketball Championship is supposed to cater to schools that are not members of the SBP-BAP.

Is it not that the more logical move is to bring these schools in to the fold of the recognized National Sports Association?

I am just wondering, how long ago did the BAP hold the last Zonal Eliminations and the National Intercollegiate Championships?

In fact the BAP had reneged on so many of its responsibilities, culminating in its organizational crisis which resulted in the suspension of the Philippines from FIBA.

Now that this issue of official representation has been resolved, and the major stakeholders of Philippine Basketball has cast their lot with SBP-BAP, the old BAP continues to hang on like a fester in the skin, probably hoping to cause great annoyance on the present well meaning leadership of SBP-BAP, and become the official ruling body once more by default.

Management experience has told us that compromise is not exactly the most desirable of results, because sometimes it does not exactly produce in a win-win situation.

The present SBP-BAP imbroglio is a good example of a compromise not working.

Win or no deal should have been what the SBP have insisted on so that the inglorious BAP would have been wiped out of the face of Philippine sports.

It is probably not too late yet.

For one, Cebu basketball should stop allowing BAP having inroads so that what would happen is that it would become an association of all officers and no followers.

Metro Manila and Cebu together accounts for over 90% of the core of Philippine basketball.

If BAP is relegated to the bush leagues, then it would just die like a weed in hot summer.

D_I_A
09-18-2008, 02:04 AM
it seems CESAFI opted to go back to the DARK AGES of Philippine Basketball with the mafia-led BAP leading than join the SBP.

what a pity.. >:(

thadzonline
09-18-2008, 01:25 PM
if that court ruling is overturned, expect them to jump ship again....If not, talagang they were with the BAP all along

nastrans
09-18-2008, 10:04 PM
It seems that CESAFI's stance was decided from the start, kung dun pa lang sa Cebu session ng SBP na wala CESAFI isn't that a sign of taking a different stance instead of what they call being neutral?

Well only hope for CESAFI is they will still join the PCCL regardless, hirap kasi kapag ang isang noble project like a national tournament is being overshadowed by teams taking rests, and leagues opting not to join because they are from a different side.

estor_boot
09-19-2008, 08:31 AM
is the CeSAFI 'break away' from SBP already official? i mean, mayroon na bang blessing yun from the CeSAFI board?
i dont think Tiukinhuy can dictate the CeSAFI board which is made up of school owners/presidents in Cebu. i think its not fair to condemn the man right away, he had been in controversy when he was vocal in barring CeSAFI member schools from joining BAP's NSBC. unfortunately, he failed to stop the member schools because the board wasnt behind him.

in my opinion, CeSAFI is on the right path when it takes side with what is recognized by the 'rule of law'. i myself dont want the basketball governing body being run by politicians(BAP-SBP) nor i want it to be ruled by the elite(SBP). if that court decision will be reversed by a higher court, yes, i would still be with CeSAFI when it jumps ship again. ;D call it 'balimbing' but ganyan talaga batas natin eh.

estor_boot
09-19-2008, 08:34 AM
It seems that CESAFI's stance was decided from the start, kung dun pa lang sa Cebu session ng SBP na wala CESAFI isn't that a sign of taking a different stance instead of what they call being neutral?

Well only hope for CESAFI is they will still join the PCCL regardless, hirap kasi kapag ang isang noble project like a national tournament is being overshadowed by teams taking rests, and leagues opting not to join because they are from a different side.

CeSAFI will definitely join sabi nga nila laro lang hanap nila. the question is, will PCCL invite CeSAFI now that 'they are from a different side'?

sajubeads
09-19-2008, 08:41 AM
If CESAFI will nt let its team play in CCL, have the teams form VAAA to represent CEBU in CCL.

Besides mostly of the teams CESAFI are also members in VAAA lead by University of San Jose-Recoletos (USJ-R) Jaguars , Southwestern University (SWU) Cobras , Asian College of Technology (ACT) Cyber Knights, Don Bosco College (DBC) Greywolves.
and University of Visayas (UV Lancers). Other teams in VAAA are Salazar College of Science and Institute of Technology (SCSIT) Skyblazers, Asian College of Science and Technology (ACSAT) Lightnings, Ormoc’s Western Leyte College (WLC), Holy Name University (HNU), Bohol Institute of Technology-International College (BIT-IC), Dumaguete City’s Silliman University (SU) and Foundation University (FU), and University of San Carlos (USC).

Halos lahat ng mga malalakas na team ng CESAFI is also a member of VAAA, except perhaps Univ of CEBU.

thadzonline
09-19-2008, 09:34 AM

In an interesting development, the TV crew of Basketball TV who was supposed to cover the CeSAFI semifinals, were absent from Game 1 of UV-USC.

D_I_A
09-19-2008, 02:15 PM

In an interesting development, the TV crew of Basketball TV who was supposed to cover the CeSAFI semifinals, were absent from Game 1 of UV-USC.

naku po here comes the backlash!