PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Want To See in Liga Pilipinas?

thadzonline
07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
let's make this like a suggestion/wishlist thread

My take:

Since this league is developmental in nature, and I assume "development" here will or can be taken as development towards stronger national teams, I suggest:

1. One direct-hire foreigner-candidate for naturalization with the following preferences:
a. married to a Filipina wife(obviously we could benefit from the brood)
b. foreigners who have affinities to the place e.g. born in the Philippines like Alex Compton, Kirk Ruthland, etc.
c. big men i.e. center/forwards taller than 6'10
d. 1/4 Pinoys like Gabe Norwood

jordan
07-23-2008, 02:34 PM
how about better or nicer media coverage???
yung hindi delayed ang telecast at updated tayo lage sa nangyayari sa liga...
like now very delayed ang games sa NBN at IBC..
yung website??? wala pa rin bang update???

joelex
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Sana mas marami manuod saka mas intense ang crowd, cause this is a far cry from the MBA where packed talaga lahat ng venues. Here despite carrying provincial titles, theres seems to be little following compared to the MBA.

thadzonline
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM
tsaka I hope Liga Pilipinas do away with playing music while the game is going on kasi it takes the crowd out from the game eh

m_14
07-23-2008, 04:23 PM
ok na sana yung first two weeks kasi consistent pa yung updates and coverage pero ngayon wala na e.

paul0220
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Ganyan talaga ang nagsisimulang Liga na binabudget ng maayos yung pera nila. Ang ginagastos comensurate din sa kikitain. Sa MBA talagang magarbo at bonga ang coverage kasi Liga ng ABS-CBN yun. Di pa importante ang nationwide coverage ng Liga what is important ay yung suporta ng local crowd lalo na ng home team. Pwede na sa nationwide audience yung delayed kumbaga update na lang sa kung anung nangyayari sa Liga. Kung sa PBL ng delayed din ang coverage kahit malalaking companies na yung sponsors nila.

Later on pag mas mapera na ang Liga and mararami na sponsor then pwede na yung live coverage.

jordan
07-23-2008, 06:07 PM
may point ka rin tungkol sa live coverage. but how can locals really support when they dont know when and where yung mga laro. kulang kasi sa exposure. goodthing for us, we get updated through the net. how about yung mga tao na walang hilig sa internet??
kailangan i boost nila yung media exposure yung mga schedule ng games..

joelex
07-23-2008, 11:58 PM
ok na sana yung first two weeks kasi consistent pa yung updates and coverage pero ngayon wala na e.

oo nga, sana mabasa ito ng nag uupdate para naman meron tayong mga fans ng update. ok na yung may game story and scores.

dieseldust
07-24-2008, 07:43 AM
1. Palitan yung ibang commentators except Mark Sembrano and Vic Casiano. Hire Randy Sacdalan, para merong MBA feel ung laro. Pwede rin si Anthony Suntay

2. Improve the coverage especially yung graphics.
3. They should implement a strict rule regarding with the uniforms. Dapat maliit na patch o logo lang ialagay sa harap o sa likod. Pangit tingnan yung corporate sponsor nakalagay eh.
4. More advertisement/exposure sa TV
5. There should be a conference na pwde kumuha ng import

dieseldust
07-24-2008, 07:49 AM
offtopic: Does LP allow player trades?

thadzonline
07-24-2008, 09:06 AM
AFAIK, there have been player movements, I am not sure if this was because of free agency or trades

The_Big_Cat
07-24-2008, 03:45 PM
OT: Salary Cap rules? ???

thadzonline
07-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I think there are salary cap rules but im confused kasi teams are allowed to change players in the roster for every leg they play

ankle breaker
07-24-2008, 10:41 PM
PBA and NBA games are played with music along.
Liga should do the following:
1. More marketing and PR's
2. Better TV coverage
3. Increase salary cap to attract more players

jordan
07-24-2008, 11:10 PM
anu ba basic salary cap ng liga?
i think its not how to attract players.. ang rami ngang players na walang trabaho ngaun...
why not attract locals to watch games para mapuno naman yung mga gym pag may laro...

dieseldust
07-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Sana tanggalin yung "LP soundtrack" sa game. Napanood ko yung coverage ng NBN nung Sunday..nakakadestruct talaga. Imagine nanood ka nang TV ta's with matching music pa, ano bayun?

paul0220
07-28-2008, 09:46 AM
I think there are salary cap rules but im confused kasi teams are allowed to change players in the roster for every leg they play

I think the change in the teams players were due to trades like in the case of Baguio and Mis. Or., Pupos is now with Mis. Or. while Faundo is now with Baguio. And maybe for practical reasons a team can change its lineup in every leg depending on where the leg is being held. Like if I am the Mis. Or. team playing in Quezon I would put some of my bench players in the reserve list and not bring them to Quezon and enlist players residing near the area or in Metro Manila but with roots from my region, that way I would save on transportation expenses.

paul0220
07-28-2008, 09:56 AM
PBA and NBA games are played with music along.
Liga should do the following:
1. More marketing and PR's
I believe that Liga is doing its best in Marketing and PR as evidenced by huge audiences in many of the legs. When it comes to drawing of the crowd to the venues it won't be a problem with these kind of leagues because it is on a home and away format and the crowd would always support their home teams.
2. Better TV coverage

I guess that as the league progresses everyyhing will improve including the TV coverage.
3. Increase salary cap to attract more players

I think the purpose of the Liga is for grassroots development and giving chance to as much players in the countryside to show their wares and not to rival the popularity of the PBL and PBA. The Liga would serve as the D-League of the PBL and PBA, the playing ground for those who aspire to become big in basketball.

paul0220
07-28-2008, 10:01 AM
may point ka rin tungkol sa live coverage. but how can locals really support when they dont know when and where yung mga laro. kulang kasi sa exposure. goodthing for us, we get updated through the net. how about yung mga tao na walang hilig sa internet??
kailangan i boost nila yung media exposure yung mga schedule ng games..
If you go to the provinces where there is a Liga team they are not lacking in media exposure. Schedule of games and updates on the standings are part of news reports in local radios and TV stations.

Jomar09
07-28-2008, 10:33 AM
fil-foreign players that are at least 6'5

m_14
07-28-2008, 01:13 PM
sana kahit sa updates and scores na lang dito sa gameface.ph hindi delayed

Joescoundrel
07-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Real basketball and not glorified street play.

Short passes instead of cross-court bail-outs done with both hands.

Setting proper staggered screens to free designated shooters.

Better recognition that zone defenses can be done with variations using the extended foul line.

Al Vergara shooting less and orchestrating more like I know he can.

Larry Rodriguez getting real plays called for him to operate on the low post, with Francis Mercado on the reverse post.

Bon Custodio playing serious defense all game long and not only when he feels like it.

Francis Bonus being allowed to freelance more as a combo-forward.

Emerson Oreta and Christian Luanzon to stop wanting to be scoring pointguards who always need the ball in their hands.

thadzonline
07-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Real basketball and not glorified street play.

to include respeto sa tawag ng referees, hindi yung OA na pag rereact ;D

Emerson Oreta and Christian Luanzon to stop wanting to be scoring pointguards who always need the ball in their hands.

eh papano naman ginagawang SF si Luanzon but I think Oreta naman is a natural SG..yung point position kasi si Misa and Alcaraz ang nagshare ng spot na yan

Joescoundrel
07-29-2008, 10:11 AM
^ Bai, Kiel Misa and JP Alcaraz are REAL scoring points! ;D

By the way keep your column contributions coming - apparently you have developed a Vis-Min fan base among the BASKETBOLISTA readership, we wouldn't want to disappoint them. 8)

And we might be flying over to your place by the third fiscal quarter. ;)

thadzonline
07-29-2008, 11:52 AM
thanks for the compliment..hehe...sa Pampanga si JD lang ata ang may pass first mentality eh..see you here soon

bchoter
07-29-2008, 12:16 PM
^ Isama mo rin si Dondon.

Agree with you guys about the Pampanga PGS. Points Guards talaga to the point where my wife expresses her disgust. "Ano ba yan... kala ko sabi mo ang point guard nag seset up ng teammates? Bakit yang dalawa shoot lang ng shoot? Kamag anak ba nila si Gelig?". Mind you, my wife just hangs out with me when I watch games. Tuloy she gives me the eye whenever I switch to Liga

thadzonline
07-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Sana tanggalin yung "LP soundtrack" sa game. Napanood ko yung coverage ng NBN nung Sunday..nakakadestruct talaga. Imagine nanood ka nang TV ta's with matching music pa, ano bayun?

agree, it takes out fan interaction during the games...oh well except that Cebu-Pampanga Finals in Cebu ;D

Joescoundrel
07-30-2008, 07:22 AM
More halftime shows with each team having its own set of dancers, ala college cheer dance squads, the uh, sexier the better.

thadzonline
07-30-2008, 09:35 AM
More halftime shows with each team having its own set of dancers, ala college cheer dance squads, the uh, sexier the better.

;D you should have watched the Cebu leg and the Dancesport Team Cebu City :P

ankle breaker
07-30-2008, 09:34 PM
they can hire the ASF dancers of wowowee if they are free. pasok luningning

Joescoundrel
08-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Pampanga Buddies hotshot Jared Dillinger is now moving up to the PBA and is apparently guaranteed to be picked by Talk N Text (wow, that was a shocker...) That means that perhaps the one and only high-recognition star of the Liga Pilipinas not recycled from the PBL will no longer be around. Who will the next Liga superstar be then?

I ask because that is something any fledgling league will always need, something fans always would want to see: a bona fide superstar that carries the league.

thadzonline
08-28-2008, 01:20 PM
with respect to Dillinger, there are many more Liga Pilipinas players who have better stats than him..kulang lang siguro sa pogi points.

wolfy
09-04-2008, 09:39 AM
with respect to Dillinger, there are many more Liga Pilipinas players who have better stats than him..kulang lang siguro sa pogi points.

I agree.. I watch Liga on TV(sometimes)
parang si mark yee ang superstar sa Liga...
well, there must be something in Dilinger that the PBA teams want, (sana hindi lng ung pagiging fil-for nya)
Good luck to JD.

Growling.Fish
11-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Better TV coverage ala-MBA during its heyday. The Liga should take advantage of the PBA's resistance to changes in its make-up. More teams + higher level of play = New exciting brand of basketball = More people watching = Better revenues.