PDA

View Full Version : Jared Dillinger

melonade0205
07-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Jared Dillinger!!

Jared Dillinger is a tall guy who can bringthe ball down.. he can scoreinside and may be a threat outside too.. he doesnt give the opponents easy baskets )though the problem is, he's always foul-troubled). like Gabe,he would that he pass the ball forst, see how a play could be run better..he just knows when to share the ball and when to pass it.. Coach Aric doesnt know how to play him and well-utilize him, thats why he has a lot of so-so games... but you know, he's got the makings of the next big thing.. the next 6'5'' pointguard the RP Basketball will have.. though he's a less athletic version of my other idol Gabe Norwood...he's a good passer to come off the bench.

ankle breaker
07-11-2008, 09:18 PM
looks like jared dillinger is hiding his game. it seems that he's not giving his all. is he preserving it for the PBA?

melonade0205
07-14-2008, 06:55 PM
looks like jared dillinger is hiding his game. it seems that he's not giving his all. is he preserving it for the PBA?

i dont think so..its more like he's simply doing what the coaching staff is asking of him... if they want him to make the plays, he will.. they want him to score...he surely will... and maybe a bit adjusting n the style of play here in the philippines... watching him play really is impressive..imagine a tall guy who can bring the ball down, a good passer to come off the bench

ankle breaker
07-17-2008, 11:26 PM
if that's the case then why not the management let him take over the games to see what he's really worth? i saw him played on tv twice and all of those games are not that impressive though. that's why i was thinking if he's holding his game.

melonade0205
07-19-2008, 08:51 PM
if that's the case then why not the management let him take over the games to see what he's really worth? i saw him played on tv twice and all of those games are not that impressive though. that's why i was thinking if he's holding his game.

what do you want to see ba? to see him play like a Michael Jordan? to see him average in double figures? man, if you just try to see look beyond the superficial, you'd see that basketball is not just about scoring not only about shooting... to make the scoring production a basis to a player's greatness is not REALITY. its FANTASY LEAGUE, man! the thing is, he's not the player who takes the shot everytime he touches the ball... he's doing the liltle things on the game...I would like to see him do these little things and not score at all... than to play with this irksome scoring-mentality... try to realize the importance of it....

ankle breaker
07-21-2008, 10:52 PM

what do you want to see ba? to see him play like a Michael Jordan? to see him average in double figures? man, if you just try to see look beyond the superficial, you'd see that basketball is not just about scoring not only about shooting... to make the scoring production a basis to a player's greatness is not REALITY. its FANTASY LEAGUE, man! the thing is, he's not the player* who takes the shot everytime he touches the ball... he's doing the liltle things on the game...I would like to see him do these little things and not score at all... than to play with this irksome scoring-mentality... try to realize the importance of it....

well, he was highly touted and heavily recruited even before he set foot here in RP. and besides saying he's holding his game doesn't mean he has to do ala jordan in each game. we know jordan is incomparable and dillinger has his own game. i think letting him play his natural game doesn't take away the sense of what the coach had told him to do. try to analyze that buddy.

The_Big_Cat
07-22-2008, 12:48 PM
^Jared is still adapting to the pinoy style of play.

thadzonline
07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't think that when you are on the court that you would still think about holding back. what for? No matter how Talk n Text wants him, with the kind of shallow draft this year he'd probably be a top 5 pick. What is TnT's order in the draft btw? He is showing some flashes of brilliance, at best he is a streak shooter who can take charge at times, but I'd probably be looking for consistency coz he also has a tendency of just fading away unnoticed, sometimes I even wonder if he was part of the offense, and he can be foul-prone as well.

The_Big_Cat
07-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Jared could be a taller "lefty version" of Dondon Hontiveros. He won a defensive award back in the states.

melonade0205
07-22-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't think that when you are on the court that you would still think about holding back. what for? No matter how Talk n Text wants him, with the kind of shallow draft this year he'd probably be a top 5 pick. What is TnT's order in the draft btw? He is showing some flashes of brilliance, at best he is a streak shooter who can take charge at times, but I'd probably be looking for consistency coz he also has a tendency of just fading away unnoticed, sometimes I even wonder if he was part of the offense, and he can be foul-prone as well.

just like what a forumer said in another forum, Halos hindi makahawak ng bola si JD because he has trigger-happy teammates like Vizcarra, Oreta, Misa...kahit 30 feet from the basket ititira na. The guy has a keen eye for the open man. Ilang beses nang napasahan ni JD si* LaRod (thats what I call Larry Rodriguez) for an easy shot. He's a pure PG and at 6'5, mahihirapan ang ibang PG to defend him, with or without the ball. and although he has an outside touch, he should improve pa his outside shooting

just one thing, I would be very disappointed if I learned that JD was one of those players who lined up on the midcourt on the dying seconds of the ball game, who seemed to not to want to continue playing anymore... he should be the one to keep his teammates' cool and exhibit patience with his teammates... i just do hope he's not one of em... coz for sure, the scouts, like me, would not be very happy with such misdemeanor

Jared could be a taller "lefty version" of Dondon Hontiveros. He won a defensive award back in the states.

and this is what impressed me about the guy.. ung eagerness niya to defend and stop the opponents from getting an easy way to the basket... although may isang bagay akong maipipintas sa kanya. he should really learn to foul wisely.. madalas siyang nasa foul-trouble which really affects his game especially in crucial minutes... and daang, ang offensive foul-prone niya

digitalsuperman
07-22-2008, 08:58 PM
jared has never been a go to guy when he was still in UH... he was used primarily for defensive purposes and he occasionaly shoots too. as a pointguard he's a very gud defender and he's very talented as a playmaker. but a scorer thats a different story. he can score because our pointguard here are small and its easy for him to spot up a shot. he'll find real challenge when he goes up against good point guards on PBL or PBA... then we'll see what he's made of.

thadzonline
07-22-2008, 09:38 PM
just one thing, I would be very disappointed if I learned that JD was one of those players who lined up on the midcourt on the dying seconds of the ball game, who seemed to not to want to continue playing anymore... he should be the one to keep his teammates' cool and exhibit patience with his teammates... i just do hope he's not one of em... coz for sure, the scouts, like me, would not be very happy with such misdemeanor[/color][/b]

as far as I can remember he was on court in the last few plays and it was only Oreta inbounding the ball to Capati and Dacia of the Niños

jordan
07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
this guy could really put up a good defense. napahanga ako sa mga dunk nya especially yung laro nila against zamboanga sa cebu leg.

melonade0205
07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
this guy could really put up a good defense. napahanga ako sa mga dunk nya especially yung laro nila against zamboanga sa cebu leg.

He's not that athletic, though

thadzonline
07-23-2008, 10:43 AM

He is athletic from what Ive seen. great upper body, great hops, only he has very skinny legs

jordan
07-23-2008, 12:03 PM

can i ask y u say that he's not that athletic??? in my observations, he's quite toned and built... i agree with thadz he has skinny legs.

The_Big_Cat
07-23-2008, 12:51 PM
^Before Jared came here to the Philippines, he was nursing a knee injury. That could probably very well be the reason for his inconsistent ability to explode physically. But he's 100% now.

jordan
07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
^Before Jared came here to the Philippines, he was nursing a knee injury. That could probably very well be the reason for his inconsistent ability to explode physically. But he's 100% now.

wat kind of knee injury bah??? di naman halata he's having problems with his knees..

thadzonline
07-23-2008, 01:06 PM
the guy wears a knee brace around his calf ;D

jordan
07-23-2008, 06:15 PM
hahaha how stupid of me :o onga nuh? kala ko feel lang nya magsuot ng ganun.. hahaha
bakit parang out of breath mga player ng pampanga?? lagi nasa oxygen tank.. hahahaha observation lang ha

is dillinger qualified fro the PBA already??

digitalsuperman
07-23-2008, 09:56 PM
for me he's not that athletic but for a 6'5 he's quite mobile.. and yeah he's got skinny legs...

also pareng thadz.. i'll never forget how the barker would pronounce jared's family name...hahahah.. everytime the barker mentions it i always laugh..hahaha..ang sama talaga nang pronunciation nung barker..kakahiya..

thadzonline
07-24-2008, 09:08 AM
i didnt notice the barker ;D, but I bet he is better than the last one at the Cebu Coliseum, mas natatawa ako dun

Joescoundrel
07-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Jared Dillinger looks like a legit 6'5" and 200 pounds. From his play it seems he's one of those "designated forward" types, i.e. he has been designated as a forward on the Pampanga roster because of his height, even though forward may not necessarily be his comfortable position. He doesn't seem overly athletic though, certainly not in the same category as similarly sized players like say Danny Seigle, Gabe Norwood, John Arigo, even Mark Borboran and Rico Maeirhofer.

I see him more along the lines of another 6'4" to 6'5" player - Tony Dela Cruz of Alaska. Dela Cruz is not the fastest of runners nor the highest of leapers but he gets the job done with shooting, intelligence, savvy and patience. In Dillinger's case he still needs to figure out what he wants to be as a player. Aric Del Rosario most likely designated him as a forward 90% because he's 6'5". But you will note that Dillinger isn't exactly a strong post player like say Larry Rodriguez, and he's not exactly a fulltime perimeter player like his teammate Emerson Oreta.

It should be interesting to find out what his fulltime position was when he was still overseas. He doesn't seem quick enough to be a fulltime guard. I suspect he may have split time at the 3 and 2 spots and may have even played a lot of point forward.

thadzonline
07-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Jared looked smaller than Larry Rodriguez when I saw the Pampanga team in Cebu so I'd put him at 6'4 max could even be 6'3. I agree that Danny Seigle was more athletic than him during his prime and the comparison to Dela Cruz actually hold water and I think Jared is a better passer, well he should be if they say he is a natural point

bchoter
07-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Agree with Joe. I don't think he can pass as atwo in local ball. He can possibly play the 2 given his mobility at 6'4". But he doesn't have enough offensive arsenal and quickness for the 3 spot. He doesn't seem to have an inside game to play the 4. I think he can play the 2 in the pros.

thadzonline
07-24-2008, 10:35 AM
reminds me that Marlon Basco is playing center but he is more of a slow small forward ;D

melonade0205
07-24-2008, 07:10 PM

can i ask y u say that he's not that athletic??? in my observations, he's quite toned and built... i agree with thadz he has skinny legs.

yeah, payat ang legs ni JD. parang hindi nga proportioned with the built of his upper body

yes, it was even reported that he had a slight knee injury (though it was never stated what kind of injury) that's why he didnt play in the pre-season games..

hahaha how stupid of me :o onga nuh? kala ko feel lang nya magsuot ng ganun.. hahaha
bakit parang out of breath mga player ng pampanga?? lagi nasa oxygen tank.. hahahaha observation lang ha

is dillinger qualified fro the PBA already??

he already submitted the requirments, like the documents proving his nationality. it was never difficult for him because he is a legit fil-am.. nauna pa nga siyang makapagsubmit ng mga requirements kay Norwood who is another idol of mine... excpet for the 25local game requirements that he has to comply with, okay na lahat. by the time the of the Rookie Draft, nakapaglaro na siya ng 25 local games.

for me he's not that athletic but for a 6'5 he's quite mobile.. and yeah he's got skinny legs...

also pareng thadz.. i'll never forget how the barker would pronounce jared's family name...hahahah.. everytime the barker mentions it i always laugh..hahaha..ang sama talaga nang pronunciation nung barker..kakahiya..

how do they pronounce it ba? bakit ka natatawa? dahil ba it's the name of a notorious gangster during the depression era in the US back in the 1930s? ;D ;D

Jared Dillinger looks like a legit 6'5" and 200 pounds. From his play it seems he's one of those "designated forward" types, i.e. he has been designated as a forward on the Pampanga roster because of his height, even though forward may not necessarily be his comfortable position. He doesn't seem overly athletic though, certainly not in the same category as similarly sized players like say Danny Seigle, Gabe Norwood, John Arigo, even Mark Borboran and Rico Maeirhofer.

I see him more along the lines of another 6'4" to 6'5" player - Tony Dela Cruz of Alaska. Dela Cruz is not the fastest of runners nor the highest of leapers but he gets the job done with shooting, intelligence, savvy and patience. In Dillinger's case he still needs to figure out what he wants to be as a player. Aric Del Rosario most likely designated him as a forward 90% because he's 6'5". But you will note that Dillinger isn't exactly a strong post player like say Larry Rodriguez, and he's not exactly a fulltime perimeter player like his teammate Emerson Oreta.

It should be interesting to find out what his fulltime position was when he was still overseas. He doesn't seem quick enough to be a fulltime guard. I suspect he may have split time at the 3 and 2 spots and may have even played a lot of point forward.

exactly. like in the case of Gabe Norwood back in the PBL under Coach Jun Noel. he's playing him forward mainly because of his height. his natural position, is guard. pointguard to be exact na parang kakaiba ang dating dito sa Pinas because usually ang mga pgs natin stand 6'1'' below... hindi siya magaling sa post-up pero kung katawan lang din ang paguusapan, gagamitin at gagamitin niya katawan niya to stop opponents. ang problema nga dito, Jared lacks indentity on the court. hindi mo alam kung ano talaga ang role niya sa team. he's lost on the court, I daresay..

digitalsuperman
07-24-2008, 09:53 PM
how do they pronounce it ba? bakit ka natatawa? dahil ba it's the name of a notorious gangster during the depression era in the US back in the 1930s?
hindi naman... ewan ko kung kakaiba or talagang masama lang talaga yung pronunciation nung barker sa cebu... each time he shoots the ball or makes a foul tapos natatawag apelyido nya talagang natatawa ako, iba talaga tunog apilyido nya pag yung barker ang nagsasabi. Nung pag start nang game maganda naman ang pronunciation ni sandy geronimo pero pag yung barker, ewan ko, kakahiya talaga....hehehe..

jordan
07-24-2008, 10:09 PM
di ko napansin yung the way ma announce yung name ni dillinger...

so hanggang august lang xa sa liga?? wala xang balak tapusin man lang yung liga??

db august ang draft? correct me if im wrong...

ankle breaker
07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
he might join the PBA DRAFT but he still has to comply the 25-game rule requirements that is needed for a player based outside of RP. so he has to play out 25 games in Liga or any league somewhere in RP to complete it. If he can't complete it, his application will contested by the PBA team managers and might be disqualified in this year's draft.i don't if that's ok, if he will get drafted but can't play if he can't complete the 25-game requirment. i Think he had played a total of 10 games in Liga for Pampanga.

jordan
07-24-2008, 11:17 PM
NBN ngaun, laro ng pampanga vs. laguna sa mandaue coliseum.. napanood ko na to pero ganda pa rin tignan yung dunk ni dillinger...

melonade0205
07-28-2008, 06:58 PM
di ko napansin yung the way ma announce yung name ni dillinger...

so hanggang august lang xa sa liga?? wala xang balak tapusin man lang yung liga??

db august ang draft? correct me if im wrong...

the Rookie Draft will be on August 31.. and ung Rookie Camp will be August 23-25, if Im not mistaken... I also wonder if he's gonna join the Rookie Camp... I calculated it, parang sa week na yun semis na ng Liga Pilipinas (Im confident that my team will make it to the semis all the way to the finals)... I think he needs to join the said camp kasi he might not impress some scouts sa laro niya sa Liga.. I guess naman tatapusin niya ung Liga.. anyway matagal pa naman next season ng PBA (October) and ung pre-season tourney (September) he's got all the time pa to play in the Liga and to comply with the 25local games

trigun_08
07-28-2008, 08:24 PM

It should be interesting to find out what his fulltime position was when he was still overseas. He doesn't seem quick enough to be a fulltime guard. I suspect he may have split time at the 3 and 2 spots and may have even played a lot of point forward.*

i think jared is much better player than rico and mark borboran... his a good passer, defender, also can shoot 3's, can du nk with authority and he can bring d ball down even presured by pg... and his faster and athletic than rico and borboron.... but if u compared him with seigle and norwood i agree with u...........

Joescoundrel
07-29-2008, 12:48 AM
What Jared Dillinger really needs may be greater and more full time exposure to top quality basketball, like say in the PBL or even with an RP Team on at least an Asian Zonal stint.

Play in the Liga is, to put it kindly, hardly the systematic and disciplined play of say the PBL or even the better-coached teams of the UAAP and NCAA. In the games I have seen there are basically only two kinds of plays when teams "settle" into the halfcourt - the pick and roll and the high-low. Even mid-level PAYA, PASARELLE and PRADA teams run these plays, and they do it much better.

Ball movement is more east-west instead of entry-outlet, and it seems the passing game is all about the long and cross-court type of passes, what coaches call the bail-out passes. The discipline of the short passes, movement without the ball, playing both the ball side and the off side, the precision and team work of running even the baseline and backdoor plays simply isn't there.

Every one just wants to keep shooting that blasted ball, no one wants to set up a screen as part of a real play, screens are set simply to free a guy as an end in itself instead of being a part of a set play.

Clearly this is not the best environment for a player to be noticed if he has plans of making it to the PBA. If Dillinger wants to be noticed, wants to showcase his real game, he needs to make a move to the more Manila-centric leagues, or make himself available for a serious RP Team stint.

Or is he just holding back ... ?

ankle breaker
07-29-2008, 09:59 PM
no comment on the holding back issue. someone will contest it.

melonade0205
07-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Clearly this is not the best environment for a player to be noticed if he has plans of making it to the PBA. If Dillinger wants to be noticed, wants to showcase his real game, he needs to make a move to the more Manila-centric leagues, or make himself available for a serious RP Team stint.

Or is he just holding back ... ?

but in this league can he only qualify for the 2008 PBA Rookie Draft besides the PBL. but playing in the PBL is already out of the picture. PBL season starts on October.... he might be "holding back" as you guys put it, we don't know what this guy has really gotten... and that he can only show in the higher league like the PBA... we'll see in time.. maybe hes holding back, yeah, you dont wanna get, say injured in an amateur league such as the Liga Pilipinas... his poor, or so-so performance in the said league, I blame for two things, one that he maybe holding his game or two the coaching staff doesnt really know how to play him... for me he doesnt really have to go all-out in this league... parang he is just like playing around to comply with the 25local-game requirement

no comment on the holding back issue. someone will contest it.

sino? ;D ;D ;D

odog808
08-01-2008, 04:34 PM
any body have a better pic of the team jersey they wear? I can't really see the front of the jersey.......any body post a better pic pls.....thanks!

melonade0205
08-08-2008, 07:29 PM
well, aabot kaya ang mamang ito sa Rookie Draft? i mean he's still 5 games away from qualifying inthe Rookie Draft.. siguro naman aabot pa diba? just kind of pessimistic about it. sana he makes it before the deadline.... i dont want to get double-murdered... my other idol Gabe Norwood might not qualify in the draft. though Raul Gonzales(doj) confirmed the eligibilityof his filipino root, still its up to the Pba board of governors if theyre gonna allow him to join the draft >:( >:( >:(

my swingmen, we can do it!!! good luck to the both of them ;) ;)

though na eenvision ko9 na that JD wud be more of a role player, not so "a big thing" and gabe wud be the opposite. i cud see on my minds eye these two swingmen playing each other :o :o

digitalsuperman
08-10-2008, 01:10 AM
i reckon JD plays like DonDon...

odog808
08-10-2008, 03:30 PM
go 2 jerseyhaven.com.ph and order your Dillinger jerseys.......they're taking orders now....

melonade0205
08-10-2008, 06:22 PM
go 2 jerseyhaven.com.ph and order your Dillinger jerseys.......they're taking orders now....

i'll just ask JD if he could give me one of his own jerseys after Liga Pilipinas. LOL!

digitalsuperman
08-11-2008, 09:07 AM

i'll just ask JD if he could give me one of his own jerseys after Liga Pilipinas. LOL!
much better...

melonade0205
08-11-2008, 07:05 PM
on topic naman

I read in the PDI earlier this morning that Welcoat wins the lottery for the 1st overall draft pick in this year's Rookie Draft. talkNText the over-all #2. Welcoat management said they will definitely eye for Gabe Norwood. and in case Gabe didn't qualify in the draft, it's Dillinger they will pick.

Good to hear that my idols are receiving all these interests from the pro teams. Redbull and of course TalkNText already have shown interest in picking Dillinger. And needless to say, every team wants to acquire Norwood's services. The scenario I envision and I keep wishing to happen is like this: Gabe qualifies in the Draft and Welcoat selects him. (San Miguel and Welcoat do their practice games at the same gym, so whenever I visit San Miguel, I can also visit Gabe.LOL).

Is there such thing as good dilemma? LOL! My favorite pro team has the 3rd overall draft pick. if we ddnt acquire Gabe or Jared, we can have my Cabalen Kuya Jason (Castro).. now Im excited for the draft more than ever!

In the event Norwood fails to make it, Yu and Que are inclined to pick Jared Dillinger.

The 6-foot-5 Dillinger, however, is also being eyed by TNT coach Chot Reyes.

"He’s a good player just like Norwood, so we are also interested in getting him," said Yu, who is hoping to land a good guard to boost the team’s backcourt rotation.

"Both Norwood and Dillinger are excellent guards, so anyone of them will be our pick," added Que.

Another bright prospect is three-time PBL MVP Jason Castro.

Castro will be playing for the Singapore Slingers in the coming Challenge Series in Singapore tentatively set next month.

TNT team manager Frankie Lim is playing wait-and-see as they are also interested in getting Norwood. If Welcoat picks Norwood, they will certainly settle for Dillinger.

Despite already having a potent squad, the Beverage Masters hope to make good use of their two picks in the first round. They are likely to pick a shooter in the mold of Jeff Chan and Jonathan Fernandez.
- Manila Bulletin. but I doubt na palalagpasin ng San Miguel ang chance to acquire Castro if available pa ung mama sa turn ng San Miguel.

Seriously, any team they land to, I'll be fine.. I just want them to land in a team they will receive enough playing time to showcase what they've got, 'fcourse, I dont wanna see their talent be wasted on the bench or to play the immortal role of what they call “CHEERLEADERS”. Gabe, I know would be very fine with Welcoat. He can play the point to SG. Welcoat has poor guards. He can play multiple position . Dillinger on the other hand, I think, would be okay with TnT too. Chot if ever would play him more at the point. Wala namang matinong back-up si Alapag. Hay nakuu, Jimmy now has been trigger-happying. Nawala na ung larong hinangaan ko kay Alapag during those times na magkakasama pa silang tatlo nila Taulava at Miller. Ung playmaking kung playmaking. Mejo madami ding mga trigger-happy players ang TalkNText. The team needs someone who can rotate the ball well... and syempre si Chot ang nakadiscover kay JD. He knows the guy's potentials. Kailangan lang talagang i-improve pa ni JD ung outside shooting niya. but if Chot decided to pick, say Jason Castro, okay lang pero I am pretty sure na isa si JD sa top 5 na madadraft this year...

the problem is....

According to Barrios, only 2 Fil-foreigners* -- burly guard Solomon Mercado and Kevin Dalafu -- have no problems whatsoever in their documents.

quoted from the People's Journal

Meanwhile, Welcoat Paints, represented by league governor Atty. Mamerto Mondragon, won the lottery over Talk ‘N Text for the right to pick first overall in the August 31 Rookie Draft at Market! Market! in Taguig.

With the privilege, the Dragons can add Fil-Am Gabe Norwood or Jared Dillinger – if their citizenship gets affirmed by the justice department – or Singapore-bound Jason Castro to their young lineup, which includes Joe Devance, last year’s top pick.

this one from PDI
* *:(* *:(* *:(* *:(

odog808
09-02-2008, 03:48 AM
Jared is a Talk n Text player now!

m_14
09-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Jared is a Talk n Text player now!

talaga?! wow! galing naman.

BedanRoar
09-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Dillinger Taking Hoops Career Overseas
uhathletics.hawaii.edu/Player/player.html?pid...

Former University of Hawai'i men's basketball guard Jared Dillinger is off to the Philippines where he looks to launch his pro career. Dillinger will play for Pampanga in the inaugural season of La Liga Pilipinas, a newly-formed basketball league.
The league, which aims to develop talents in different regions of the Philippines, is made up of 16 teams representing north and south. Each team is allowed eight home-grown talents, two ex-pros and a Filipino-foreigner. Dillinger is eligible to play in the league through his mother, Gemma Bautista, a native of the Philippines.

Once Dillinger plays the 25 games required by a foreign player, he will enter the Philippine Basketball Association draft, where he's expected to be a one of the top picks. The PBA is the first and the oldest professional basketball league in Asia.

In addition to playing in La Liga Pilipinas, Dillinger will also have the opportunity to play for the Philippines national team during the summer.

The 6-5 guard enjoyed a breakout senior season for UH in 2007-08. After playing just six minutes as a junior, the Air Force transfer, appeared in all 30 games with 25 starts as a senior in 2007-08. He averaged 9.7 ppg, 3.0 rpg and 2.0 apg., while leading the team in three-point percentage (.383) and finishing second in steals (34) and three-pointers made (51).

Dillinger scored a career-high 19 points in one of the team's biggest wins of the season, a 94-71 rout over New Mexico State. Dillinger was also named the team's top defensive player during the end-of-season banquet.

ankle breaker
09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
the highlighted portion was a good description of dillinger's game but was not fully shown during his stint in the liga. looks like his trying up new things like passing and creating plays. hopefully he can show his full potential once he suits up with TNT in the PBA. he's a good complement to either jason castro or jimmy alapag at SG position.

BedanRoar
09-03-2008, 07:44 AM
I am not so familiar with Dillinger yet. But, his stats in the states are impressive. well, let's see and hope he brings this in the Pro Leagues. A welcome addition for the National team if ever.

melonade0205
09-05-2008, 06:45 PM
if ever? I dont think so.. a norwood and a dillinger sounds redundant

digitalsuperman
09-05-2008, 09:52 PM
huh? reduntant? in what way?