PDA

View Full Version : How Far Will Liga Pilipinas Last?

jay20jay
07-17-2008, 08:37 PM
we believe that it will last long, as it reaches out to the country side for basketball development. and please they should take care of the local players as this will strengthen the Liga.

we want to see another mike maniego, don don hontiveros, feriols, hugnatan and many more.

we believe that passion and pride will last long for the provincial teams

please support the liga..... Hala bira! LIGA PILIPINAS!

time1513
07-17-2008, 09:54 PM
i really think this league which somehow expands the market of basketball in the philippines should be supported first of all by the financiers and the local fans of each team. the MBA had a good vision although the main problem is supporting the players and the team itself. travel isn't cheap, there should be airfare or whatever and this should require a lot of money. most of the players here playing plays for either commercial teams or the PBL or maybe some retired PBA players and most of them complain that funds are some of the main issues. lets hope that this will work out and somehow maybe the PBA can even follow a similar format, assuming that it succeeds. ;D

ankle breaker
07-17-2008, 11:19 PM
if taken cared of, why not? i can see that it will prosper as long the team owners are really commited.

paul0220
07-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Countryside basketball like Liga Pilipinas has lost one supporter for teams to travel cheaper with the suspension of all passenger vessels of Sulpicio Lines. Sulpicio Lines is one of the major sponsor of the NBC and MVBA before.

ankle breaker
07-18-2008, 10:06 PM
i hope other shipping companies will cater the teams such as super ferry or gothong.

thadzonline
07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I think that wouldnt be much of a concern as there are other carriers like Trans Asia and Cokaliong..yung teams are initially locked for 3 years so at least the league should last at least 3 years the least, and I'm sure even now plans are already underway to ensure the sustainability of the league, so I'm really hoping this will last long

melonade0205
07-21-2008, 07:16 PM
hindi ba mas maganda kung ung mga teams would be compose of home grwon talents of a province. then saka na ung addition ng mga hindi homegrowns nila kapag wala na talaga.. like in the case of Pampanga, Nestor David is a full-blooded Kapampangan. both mother and father are kapampangans, pero he's currently playing for Iloilo. para kasing nawawala ung sinasabing "SENSE OF PRIDE" when your team(province) is being bannered by players na wala namang roots ng isang province... worse, ung mga non-homwgrowns pa nila ung mga starplayers ng team. i just cant see the "sense of pride and passion" na sinasabi..

Schortsanitis
07-21-2008, 08:26 PM
When watching the Liga games on TV, am a bit concerned about the fact that they have not been getting good sponsors. 'Halos wala.' How about asking the existing teams to make commercials, 'para me filler man lang sa commercials habang humuhugot pa ng ibang sponsors?'

ankle breaker
07-21-2008, 10:37 PM
i think it's ok. it's up to the team owners to decide who they want to play for their teams. it's nice to see though if the players who played for your team specially in a league like this that bear the name of a place or province. however, it's also a good marketing strategy for the team owners to put players with high market value wherein it's the main tool in attracting viewers and fans.