PDA

View Full Version : Season 71 Muses and Courtside Reporters

charles1
07-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Sino mga muses? ;D

di ako nakanuod e.

m_ke2
07-06-2008, 02:25 AM
kahit nanood ka kanina, hindi mo makikilala kung sino mga muse, 1 minute lang yata introduction sa athletes/muse and oath taking ;D

Disharmony
07-06-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm 99.9% sure that Janina San Miguel was UE's muse. She was rumored to be their muse and although you could only see her side, the towering height (she was almost as tall as Hans Thiele) and crown are subtle hints. I guess UE won't "feel the freyshure" this season.

m_ke2
07-06-2008, 07:46 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3093/2639637436_83ffa16545.jpg

Names please anyone?

THE ONLOOKER
07-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm 99.9% sure that Janina San Miguel was UE's muse. She was rumored to be their muse and although you could only see her side, the towering height (she was almost as tall as Hans Thiele) and crown are subtle hints. I guess UE won't "feel the freyshure" this season.

When I saw the Bb. Pilipinas sash, and I immediately knew that was her. ;D

bchoter
07-07-2008, 12:40 PM
^ Did it say "BB. Filifinas"?

shyboy
07-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh my gad. Aym so sowri.

Disharmony
07-07-2008, 06:07 PM
it si very taf to pick a favorite muse

bchoter
07-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Esfecially if you have 71 muses to choose from. "Boss ok ba si number 13? Luck number ko yan eh"

RockLobster
07-07-2008, 06:51 PM
^Maybe you should consult your pamily so you can decide better. ;D

bchoter
07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
^ I simply cannot do it becaue ip I consult my wayp on which of the 71 muses to choose from she might pid me brekpast including the sfun, fork and pleyt.

RockLobster
07-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Haha! Come to tink op it, ako din. :D Hirap nga pumili. I'm peeling a vit of fressure right now. ;D

THE ONLOOKER
07-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Gib her a breyk. It's only her pers taym. ;D

jeffjan
07-08-2008, 02:04 AM
La Salle - Schinina Juban ;D

reforms
07-08-2008, 04:24 AM
Sumakit tyan ko kakatawa sa mga hirit nyo. Ayuz! ;D

LION
07-08-2008, 08:07 AM
La Salle - Schinina Juban* ;D

Picture naman dyan. :)

bluewing
07-08-2008, 08:43 AM
names are meaningless without pictures.

bluewing
07-15-2008, 03:08 AM
wala ba talagang picture? may mga muse ba nung opening? wala bang maganda kaya walang picture? nag-thread-thread pa, wala namang picture. walang kwenta.

james_ty
07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/JamTy/JamTy3/Shanina2.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/JamTy/JamTy3/Shanina.jpg

These are my photos of Schinina Juban during the UAAP press conference. By the way, she's also a contestant on QTV-11's The Debutante.

coreytaylor
07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
^ james_ty, got a picture of vanna in bikini? ^^,

john_paul_manahan
07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
pwede bang gawin Season 71 Muses and Courtside reporters thread ito....

corey: parang OT yata yang request mo sa thread na ito.

james_ty
07-15-2008, 01:20 PM
^ james_ty, got a picture of vanna in bikini? ^^,

None. Shorts lang. I posted this earlier in this thread.

Jump_Shooter
07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Editing the title of this thread to include the courtside reporters. Everyone flease get back to the topic and stof this "f" petish.

batangueŮo
07-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Wow! Ang init! ;D

CM_Punk
07-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Watched all 9 UAAP courtside reporters on ANC's Hardball tonight. I haven't watched this show in months, but when I read online that the reporters were going to be guests, made a mental note to catch it on my TV. Standouts for me personally were Patricia of UP and Sharon of DLSU ;D

techguy
08-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Kamae...

http://www.centext.com.ph/joem/kamae1.JPG

http://www.centext.com.ph/joem/kamae2.JPG

http://www.centext.com.ph/joem/kamae3.JPG

http://www.centext.com.ph/joem/kamae4.JPG

http://www.centext.com.ph/joem/kamae5.JPG

http://www.centext.com.ph/joem/kamae7.JPG

coreytaylor
08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
^^ and laki naman tiyan niya! :o

stonecold316
08-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Saan saan ninyo nakukuha mga pics. hahaha.

CM_Punk
08-16-2008, 07:58 PM
http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/you/2bu/view/20080815-154917/Meet-the-UAAP-courtside-reporters

Meet the UAAP courtside reporters

By Bianca Consunji
Philippine Daily Inquirer

Last updated 18:58:00 08/15/2008

MANILA, PhilippinesóLove them or hate them, you canít escape them. Depending on how you look at them, the UAAP Studio 23 courtside reporters are a blessing or a nuisanceóa blessing if you canít keep up with the game and need status reports, a nuisance if youíd much rather look at the sweaty ringside action instead of a perky, good-looking reporter.

The courtside reporters are prone to controversy. Filipinos, being rabid basketball players and watchers, do not take kindly to mistakes in commentary primarily because they think that they can do better themselves. Many a courtside reporter has been the subject of heated abuse because of supposedly inept reportageóstuttering and momentary lapses in concentration automatically render them stupid to know-it-alls. The smallest mistakes are pounced on with sharpened claws, while the girls who spend just a little too much time with the players off the court are often met with raised eyebrows.

Itís not easy being a courtside reporter; sure, they get the best seats in the house and freebies from different sponsors, but they also have to scramble for words throughout the entire game just to deliver a coherent report to an unforgiving audience.

ďThe worst part of being a courtside reporter is that if you mess up, even once, you have the whole world watching you,Ē said Aaron Atayde, reporter for the Adamson Falcons. ďNot just the Philippines, because we do air on TFC. The pressure can be so big, that it could eat you alive. You feel like everybody is just waiting for you to forget a word and laugh at you. But we all have to clear all of that out and just report. Itís not the easiest thing to do, though.Ē

Plus, thereís also the matter of staying objective during a game. ďThe hard part of doing the job is that you have to report while sounding and looking energetic even if your teamís down by a big margin,Ē said Trish Roque, reporter for the seasonís underdogs, the UP Fighting Maroons.

USTís Diane Querrer added, ďItís unavoidable to feel down when the team is on the losing end. The task to deliver a substantial and credible report becomes tedious when my emotions get ahead of me.Ē

On the other hand, reporters for the winning teams have got it made; they get all-access passes to every game, which comes in handy whenever thereís an Ateneo-La Salle showdown. ďI no longer have to line up and wait for hours just to get my hands on a ticket,Ē said Portia Silva, who used to camp out at the Ateneo Athletics Office at dawn just to be able to watch a game.

The reporters admit that they started out just to have a little fun-score free tickets and clothes, and earn a little fame on the side. No wonder that being a UAAP courtside reporter is one of the most coveted college jobs. But with the intensity of the UAAP season heating up, the reporters start waxing poetic about school spirit.

ďI auditioned for this job because I wanted to give back to the institution that has given me so much all these years,Ē said Silva. ďThe least I can do is show the world what the Atenean is really made of. The media can do so much and my representation of who the Atenean is one of my ways of saying thank you to my school. Moreover, Iíve always been a big fan of basketball, but an even bigger fan of school spirit. The school spirit takes me to the games.Ē

E-mail the author at biancaconsunji@yahoo.com.

Kamae de Jesus, 20
Team reporter for: Ateneo Blue Eagles
School and course: Ateneo de Manila University, BS Communications Technology

Why did you become a courtside reporter? Why not? Itís like hitting two birds with one stone-doing something I love (talking, well hosting/reporting in this case) and taking part in the awesome school spirit of Ateneo.

Other hobbies? Traveling with my friends, loved ones, hanging out with a special someone, cooking (and eating!), watching movies, lunch and dinner dates with friends.

What was your most embarrassing experience on the job? Prior to my actual reporting, we had a series of screenings. During my first interview, when they asked me why I wanted to become a courtside reporter, I told the panel about my ridiculous hopes of being a girlfriend of one of the varsity players during high schoolówhich every single person in the room laughed hard at. To redeem myself, I said that that was back then and that I came to realize that I am so much better than that, and that I donít need to be a playerís muse to take part in the UAAP action. I still blush every time I remember it.

Whatís the best thing about being a courtside reporter? Watching all the games live and for free! Plus, we get the best seats in the house, even better than the patron seats! And oh, being Ateneoís courtside reporter is the best thing about being a courtside reporter. Especially now that weíre number 1!

Whatís the worst part of being one? I canít think of any! I love what Iím doing, I love my team, I love my school!

Portia Silva, 18
Team reporter for: Ateneo Blue Eagles
School and course: Ateneo de Manila University, AB Communication

Why did you become a courtside reporter? I was such a fan of the UAAP, that there were even games where I brought posters I made! Kirk Long was my star player last year and I had banners like ďThe road to victory is LongĒ or ďKirk, our Long-awaited hero!Ē That was how much I was into UAAP before I became a courtside reporter.

I auditioned for this job because I wanted to give back to the institution that has given me so much all these years. The least I can do is show the world what the Atenean is really made up of. The media can do so much and my representation of who the Atenean is one of my ways of saying thank you to my school.

Other hobbies? Writing has always been one of my passions in life. Iím also into theater acting, specifically Tagalog comedies. I love hosting events, especially concerts, general assemblies and other on-campus affairs. With my friends, I dine out a lot, watch movies and just hang out and catch up with each otherís lives.

Whatís your most embarrassing experience on the job? During my opening report for our game against FEU, my override suddenly went dead seconds before my floor director gave me the cue to start. When I began with my report, I heard Boom talking on my override, so I stopped for a while, staring straight at the camera looking lost and baffled! Then my floor director signaled me to continue, but I was so confused with what just happened that I forgot the next few lines of my report.

Whatís the best thing about being a courtside reporter? Getting in for free, any time, any game! I no longer have to line up and wait for hours just to get my hands on an Upper A or Upper B ticket.

Whatís the worst part of being one? Not being able to cheer for your team while on the job! Initially, the hardest thing for me was detaching myself from my school. Iím such a supporter of the team that there is the danger of forgetting that I am watching the games to report, and not to cheer.

Since weíre two courtside reporters for the Ateneo this year, people canít help but compare us. Kamae and I each have our own writing and reporting styles and we never really saw this as a competition.

Trish Roque, 20
Team reporter for: UP Fighting Maroons
School and course: UP Diliman College of Mass Communication, BA Journalism

Why did you become a courtside reporter? I always thought that being a courtside reporter was really cool. Iíve been watching the UAAP since high school and I canít help but feel envious of the ones reporting for the different schools. Theyíre working and enjoying the games at the same time. I knew I was capable of doing it, so when the opportunity came, I auditioned ... and the rest is history!

Other hobbies? Singing while listening to music, surfing the Net, reading books and newspapers.

What was your most embarrassing experience on the job? During my first report on my first game (July 6, vs. NU), I was really nervous and I couldnít control my hand from shaking while I was holding my mic. I thought no one noticed, but after the game, one of the players said ďHay naku si Pat, takot.Ē I said, ďBakit?Ē and he replied, ďNanginginig kaya kamay mo habang nagrereport ka,Ē then we both laughed. Boom Gonzalez also pointed out that I was moving from side to side during one of my reports that day.

Whatís the best thing about being a courtside reporter? Getting to watch all the action up close at courtside! Plus, itís really nice to get to know the team. How they work during practices, seeing the effort they put from practices to the games and being part of it all; itís really fulfilling. Though the Maroons havenít won much, I donít get tired of attending their practices, hanging out with them, and doing my job as reporter, because I feel like Iím part of the team now.

Whatís the worst part of being one? Itís not the worst thing, but itís one of the hardest things to do. Maybe itís when you have to report while sounding and looking energetic, even if your teamís down by a big margin. I have to be optimistic all the time even if my teamís losing. I also have to restrain my self from cheering too much because I have to concentrate on my report.

Sharon Yu, 20
Team reporter for: De La Salle Green Archers
School and course: De La Salle University, Advertising Management

Why did you become a courtside reporter? Because Iím too lazy to line up for tickets!

Other hobbies? Graphic arts, cooking healthy but edible meals, karaoke, playing the piano, burning calories

What was your most embarrassing experience on the job? This story never gets old. I think it will be passed on from courtside generation to courtside generation. I was terribly sick during the UE DLSU game round two last Season 70, but I couldnít miss that game! At the first quarter, I was wondering why my hands kept shaking, considering I wasnít nervous at all. Turned out I was already hyperventilating and when the game went into overtime, I couldnít feel anything anymore (good thing my job was done). I had an anxiety attack and I still kept inquiring if we were winning! Next thing I knew, a bouncer carried me off to a stretcher.

Whatís the best thing about being a courtside reporter? You get to go inside the dugout while the players are dressing up. Iím kidding! My parents will read this.

Whatís the worst part of being one? Deep inside my heart, I canít take it anymore. Why do some people have to be so mean? I cry at night when they make me realize more than ever, especially after every single game date, every time I watch the team practice, or when Iím seen with the players Ö that I am indeed vertically challenged.

Alexis Go, 20
Team reporter for: UE Red Warriors
School and Course: University of the East, Dentistry

Why did you become a courtside reporter? I wanted to try broadcasting and use my talking skills, so I auditioned. Luckily, I got the job.

Other hobbies? Singing and dancing.

What was your most embarrassing experience on the job? OMG. I was on standby already, ready to report. When my team scored, I jumped! My override fell on the floor and I couldnít hear anything. When Eric said, ďLets hear it with Alexis for our UE Samsung Courtside Update,Ē I didnít hear it. Nobody was on cam. It was a disaster.

Whatís the best thing about being a courtside reporter? You get to be part of the team in glory and in despair. I am not just a reporter but also their friend and most importantly, a Warrior! I love the Warriors!

Whatís the worst part of being one? This is the first time I got myself into something really sporty. The worst part of it is, I canít wear heels. All Iíve been wearing are my sneaks. I miss my heels so much.

Krystel Filart, 21
Team reporter for: FEU Tamaraws
School and course: Far Eastern University Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation, graduated BS Nursing last March. Just passed the June 2008 nursing licensure exams.

Why did you become a courtside reporter? Three things:
1. It intrigues me and thereís just something about it that I know would really be fun and exciting.
2. I love the school spirit and how the students and alumni support their respective teams.
3. I simply love basketballóthe adrenaline you get from a game, especially if its a close one.

Other hobbies? Sleeping! Iím so lazy, sometimes I just want to stay home all day and sleep.

What was your most embarrassing experience on the job? It was after we won against UE in the first round, and everyone was so emotional because it was the first game we had without Baracael and everyone was running on the court, including me. So as I was approaching the team, and I saw the cameramanís footstool in front of me and I tripped! Good thing I didnít fall on my face and I was able to recover my balance!

Whatís the best thing about being a courtside reporter? Getting freebies!

Whatís the worst part of being one? I donít think so that there is a bad part in being a courtside reporter. Right now, Iím enjoying it a lot, and the FEU team has been great to me. Probably the only thing that would be bad is that I cant cheer as much as I want, because I need to be observant of the team and write my reports. I have to remember that I am reporting and not merely a fan.

Rizza Diaz, 24
Team reporter for: National University Bulldogs
School and course: Emilio Aguinaldo College, graduate of B.S. Customs Administration

Why did you become a courtside reporter? Why not? Iíve always dreamed of being a broadcaster someday, or maybe a host for a variety show or a lifestyle show. And since I was born a basketball fan, I know I can be good at this and hopefully this stint would get me to where Iíve always wanted to be.

Other hobbies? Itís been a while since I had time for hobbies. School and work had my time then. Now, that I have lots of free time youíll find me in the mall in line for the hottest flick. Iím an addicted shopper too.

What was your most embarrassing experience on the job? I covered for UAAP volleyball last season; Iím bad in remembering names, so I called the head coach of DLSU by the name of another. Head coach pa ng ADMU Ďyung nasabi ko!

Whatís the best thing about being a courtside reporter? Too many! Courtside reporters get the best seats in the house. We get inside dugouts where you hear and see everything! Itís very hard for the media to penetrate that. You talk to people that other people idolize! We get to sit right in front of the action! Just be careful kasi baka tamaan ka ng bola or diving players (pero pag cute ok lang)! We get free stuff from Nike!

Whatís the worst part of being one? Critics, though I try my best to screen them and take only the constructive ones. And since many would want the job, many just wait for you to make a mistake. You have to live up to great expectations, especially in my case, since Iím not supposed to be eligible considering Iím not from any UAAP school. I really have to prove them that the reason they got me is because Iím one of the best in this.

Diane Querrer, 19
Team reporter for: UST Growling Tigers
School and course: University of Santo Tomas, BS Accountancy

Why did you become a courtside reporter? Considering that I joined only on the last day of auditions, I was unsure of the reason why I wanted to become a courtside reporter. Being a self-confessed TV-personality wannabe, perhaps exposure would be one reason why I tried. But I realized that the job is not just about TV exposure. In every game, I learn about that the pride of reporting for the UST team and carrying the name of the school.

Other hobbies? One of my passions is singing (inside and outside the shower). I consider myself a frustrated singer. I also love hosting events, especially beauty pageants (where I used to join in our university back when I was still in my first year).

What was your most embarrassing experience on the job? Just charge my first-day injury on my first-day jitters.

Whatís the best thing about being a courtside reporter? I think the best thing about being a courtside reporter is having the privilege to occupy the best seat every UAAP fanatic would die for. More so, getting it for free and without the need to fall in line.

Whatís the worst part of being one? The worst part of the experience is sometimes it becomes unavoidable to feel down when the team is on the losing end. The task to deliver a substantial and credible report becomes tedious when my emotions get the better of me.

Aaron Atayde, 22
Team reporter for: Adamson Falcons
School and course: De La Salle University Manila, Communication Arts

Why did you want to become a courtside reporter? Every kid who played basketball when he was growing up had dreams of playing professional basketball. Then at some point, we realize that not everyone is good enough. But I always had a Plan B. I grew up watching sports and I always told myself that if I donít make it as a professional basketball player, I want to be part of the broadcast team. Listening to people like Chick Hearn, Johnny Most, and Marv Albert, I knew that this was something that I wanted to get into. So I decided to try out as a courtside reporter, and the rest is history.

Other hobbies? I love music. I love it so much that I used it to get my other job as radio DJ for Magic 89.9. This also led to me enjoying dancing. I might not be the best dancer in the world, but no one can stop me from dancing in the bathroom. I also like videogames. This is where the kid in me stays.

What was your most embarrassing experience on the job? My most embarrassing moment happened last season. Right from the get go, it wasnít going to be a pretty one. I stumbled all though out the entire report, and at the last word, I blacked out. I couldnít think of the word ďbaselineĒ even if my life depended on it. That was horrible.

Whatís the best thing about being a courtside reporter? We get to see everything that goes on in the game. Getting the chance to listen to the huddles, being on the court and getting to know all the players is one crazy experience. The free passes to all the games, even to an Ateneo vs. La Salle game, without waiting in line for hours: priceless.

Whatís the worst part of being one? The worst part of being a courtside reporter is that if you mess up, even once, you have the whole world watching you. Not just the Philippines, because we air on TFC. The pressure can be so big that it could eat you alive. You feel like everybody is just waiting for you to forget a word and laugh at you. But we have to report like it was nothing to us. Not the easiest thing to do, though.

Do you get recognized by total strangers? How do you react to this? I do get recognized sometimes, but not as much as the girls. When people notice me, I hear, ďHey! Itís the íguyí!Ē Iím totally cool with it though. I was never really an attention freak. If thatís how people know me, at least they still know me and donít just shut me off when I report. It is still extremely flattering though that I do get recognized.