PDA

View Full Version : How will you divide the NCAA into two divisions?

The_Big_Cat
07-08-2008, 12:24 PM
With four schools applying for the NCAA, the league is contemplating a "9-team tournament" for next season. And probably 10 in the next few years.

How will you divide them? Suggestions, comments & analysis.

nicksy
07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
if the NCAA will divide into two division, therefore there will be 3 divisions that will be organizing including the NCAA south, what if they joined as one, and make it a reality of two big division (eg divide it into north and south) and have a finals between the two division, just a thought.

but the problem here is what will happened if San Beda mendiola face San Beda Alabang or the PCU schools(for example) in the final and how would it affect the recruiting program of each sister school, there may be a conflict of interest.

Howard the Duck
07-08-2008, 12:47 PM
yung NCAA south ibang liga yun

depende sa kung anong school ang papasok.

or gawin nilang euroleague, drawing of lots every start of the season

kung ang schools next season ay ganito:
LC
CSB
EAC
JRU
MIT
SBC
SSC-R
TUA
UPHD

ang pwedeng gawing divisions ay:
North - LC, MIT, SBC, SSC-R, TUA
South - CSB, EAC, JRU, UPHD
-or-
East - JRU, SSC-R, SBC, TUA
West - LC, CSB, EAC, MIT, UPHD

lagi ng magkasama ang LC-MIT at SSC-SBC kahit na anong mangyari kung geography ang paguusapan

nicksy
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
just some fun facts.

games needed to play in a 1 round robin on the ff. number of teams:

8 teams- 28 games

9 teams- 36 games

10 teams- 45 games

11 teams- 55 games

12 teams- 66 games

lekiboy
07-08-2008, 01:39 PM
if the NCAA will divide into two division, therefore there will be 3 divisions that will be organizing including the NCAA south, what if they joined as one, and make it a reality of two big division (eg divide it into north and south) and have a* finals between the two division, just a thought.

but the problem here is what will happened if San Beda mendiola face San Beda Alabang or the PCU schools(for example) in the final and how would it affect the recruiting program of each sister school, there may be a conflict of interest.

pre,
di kaya abutin ng MANCOM yan....simple rules nga di maayos, divisions pa... sorry, lintek lang talaga ang pagka-engot nitong mga to.

The_Big_Cat
07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
My proposal:

Intramuros/Taft Division:
1. Mapua
2. Letran
3. PCU
4. St. Benilde
5. EAC

U-BELT Division:
1. San Sebastian
2. San Beda
3. JRU
4. Perpetual
5. Arellano

Format:
1. You play teams in your division once for a total of 4 games.
2. You play teams opposite of your division twice for a total of 10 games.
3. All in all, you play 14 games in the eliminations.

nicksy
07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
pre,
di kaya abutin ng MANCOM yan....simple rules nga di maayos, divisions pa... sorry, lintek lang talaga ang pagka-engot nitong mga to.

yun lang Logistical nightmare nga yan, kung hindi sila (magaling sa logistics), edi malabo nga mangyari yun., hehehe, just a thought lang.

nicksy
07-08-2008, 01:47 PM
My proposal:

Intramuros/Taft Division:
1. Mapua
2. Letran
3. PCU
4. St. Benilde
5. EAC

U-BELT Division:
1. San Sebastian
2. San Beda
3. JRU
4. Perpetual
5. Arellano

Format:

sir, maganda yun proposal mo, padagdag nga lang din ng post elimination format proposal,

-insane-
07-08-2008, 07:13 PM
ok yan ah hehehe

Get_Blazed
07-08-2008, 08:35 PM
U-BELT Division:
3. JRU
4. Perpetual
5. Arellano

Parang inaccurate to ah, di ba sa Shaw ang JRU? Tapos Las Pinas ang Perps? Tapos may Arellano din sa Taft! Haha naisip ko lang. Pero good proposal. Pero gusto ko parin yung double robin. Baka kaya naman istretch yan to 3 games per day para maaccomodate kung sakaling maging 9-10 teams tayo next season. My 2 cents. :D

Howard the Duck
07-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Format:

di ba dapat frequent ang intradivisional games?

Manunusok
07-09-2008, 12:09 AM
ano?!?!!cgurado n b yan??sasali na mga arellano at trinity?!?..shet...hay naku..parng katamad na ncaa...ok lng jan mga mga original eh..un 8...hay naku...d nmn sa masama ha..pero..wag nalang sana...

D_I_A
07-09-2008, 02:02 AM
ano?!?!!cgurado n b yan??sasali na mga arellano at trinity?!?..shet...hay naku..parng katamad na ncaa...ok lng jan mga mga original eh..un 8...hay naku...d nmn sa masama ha..pero..wag nalang sana...

di na yata uso ang exclusivity ngayon dude, kailangan din magbukas ng bakod para umunlad..

go for expansion.

danny
07-09-2008, 03:45 AM
Manunusok,

Sports ito. Hindi social club. ;D

Pinas nga, Third World, kasama sa Olympics. :D

Regular Grey
07-09-2008, 04:59 AM

Pamatay ang post mo Manunusok! he he he

D_I_A
07-09-2008, 10:36 AM

Pamatay ang post mo Manunusok! he he he

lol ;D

The_Big_Cat
07-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Parang inaccurate to ah, di ba sa Shaw ang JRU? Tapos Las Pinas ang Perps? Tapos may Arellano din sa Taft! Haha naisip ko lang. Pero good proposal. Pero gusto ko parin yung double robin. Baka kaya naman istretch yan to 3 games per day para maaccomodate kung sakaling maging 9-10 teams tayo next season. My 2 cents. :D

I don't know where to put JRU and Perpetual. Gusto ko rin ang double round robin, pero baka sumobra kasi sa First Semester especially kung may mga tie-breaker games. Kung 10 schools kasya siya sa First Sem pero pag 12 medyo "tricky" ang magiging sked.

Definitely, one of the three playdates (monday, wednesday & friday) will be stretch to "triple-header" and eventually sana ma-televise na yung monday sked.

coreytaylor
07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
hindi nyo ba isasali lyceum?

clutchjedi
07-09-2008, 01:09 PM

I like Big_Cat's format, pero oo nga, traditionally mas frequent magharap ang division rivals.
So you could also reverse it -

Play your-division teams twice (8 games)
Play other-division teams once (5 games)
13 games so far

If you want a 14th game, you could do a crossover:
Taft #1 vs UBelt #5, and so on - the better-performing teams are rewarded with "easier" opponents (whom they've met only once this year)

Howard the Duck
07-09-2008, 02:09 PM

I like Big_Cat's format, pero oo nga, traditionally mas frequent magharap ang division rivals.
So you could also reverse it -

Play your-division teams twice (8 games)
Play other-division teams once (5 games)
13 games so far

If you want a 14th game, you could do a crossover:
Taft #1 vs UBelt #5, and so on - the better-performing teams are rewarded with "easier" opponents (whom they've met only once this year)

actually mas ok na ang 13 games para mas umikli pa ang season ;D

The_Big_Cat
09-17-2013, 01:32 PM
With the NCAA possibly playing its Final Four and Finals for Season 89 in late October and possibly early November, is it time to change the format of the eliminations?

abcdef
09-18-2013, 07:24 AM
With the NCAA possibly playing its Final Four and Finals for Season 89 in late October and possibly early November, is it time to change the format of the eliminations?

Last game of Eliminations would be on the 21st of October. F4 starts on the 24th of October? and Championship would start on the 28th of October?

It is indeed a very looooooong season for the NCAA. . . It has been suggested in this thread going for a 2 division 13 games basketball season. . . but my only suggestion for the division is to base it on previous seasons standings. So 1,2,5,6,9 would be in one division while the other bracket is 3,4,7,8,10. Same thing play your division twice while other division once. Then Final Four and championship.

15 games for each team. . . . .

Sam Miguel
09-20-2013, 03:12 PM
^^^ I think you cannot just base this on the previous year's standings. What if a strong team last year loses it's two best players and did not replace them? Those two guys less would make that team considerably weaker for this year.

How about all the NCAA teams join the Fil Oil or any other similar summer tournament, and then base the two envisioned divisions based on how teams do against fellow NCAA teams in the summer instead? At least their summer lineups would I think already be the, or close to the, regular season lineup anyway.

I'd rank every team from Number 1 to Number 10. Then I'd group 1 and 4 along with 5, 7 and 9. The other group will have 2 and 3 along with 6, 8 and 10.

I agree with one proposal here to have each team play everyone in their group twice, and cross over play against the teams in the other group once, for a total of 13 games instead of the 18 games everyone plays now. You save five games for each team while still allowing them to play everybody in the league.

The only danger here is that some teams might deliberately tank the summer just to get into a more favorable group during the regular season.

Although history will probably show that over the last five years, the teams that finished the last five seasons 6 to 10 have not really changed much, so even factoring in deliberately tanking, the teams who suck will most likely still suck whatever happens.

Plus a team who tanks the summer will still have to play the truly strong teams in real tournament play anyway.

AnthonyServinio
07-04-2015, 12:13 AM
There was this proposal some a year or two ago but it remained a proposal:

Division I (the former NCAA)

Division II (the former NAASCU)

Every year, the champions of Division II would engage the worst team in Division I in a relegation playoff similar to what is being done in football.

http://servssports.wordpress.com/NAASCU