PDA

View Full Version : Thank God You're Leaving (Batch 2008)

Dark Knight
07-05-2008, 05:19 PM
FEU

Baracael
Fernandez
Adolfo

UST

Cuan

UE

Arellano

ADU

Agustin

ADMU

Tiu

DLSU

Casio
Maierhoffer

NU

Asoro

UP

None

feel free to add or edit

cub
07-05-2008, 07:11 PM
add the following to the list:

UST

Cruz
Canlas
Allera

UE

Espiritu

NU

Aguilar

GHRanger
07-05-2008, 10:22 PM
DLSU
Casio
Maierhoffer

PJ Walsham.

Rico has 1 more year of eligibility after this season.

CM_Punk
07-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Only UP player who is playing his fifth and final year is Jay Agbayani, who is the team captain of the Maroons this season.

tigerman
07-06-2008, 09:47 AM
UST
Cruz
Cuan
Canlas
Taylor
Allera
Gile

* Kung ang UE may Llagas, kami naman ay lagas after season 71.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Dark Knight
07-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Question

How about Nkemakolam? I saw him during the 2003 season.

I thought Raymond Aguilar of NU wont play anymore.

I saw Canlas on TV making Free throws that shows him in his 4th year. So, does he have one more year?

benah_g
07-07-2008, 02:51 PM
waaah! last season na ni Marcy Arellano and Elmer Espiritu (UE), Marc Agustin (AdU), Chris Tiu (ADMU).. hindi ko talaga masasabing THank God You're Leaving kc aalis na cla..

kakalungkot..

:'(

tigerman
07-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Question

How about Nkemakolam? I saw him during the 2003 season.

He might have sit out a playing year either in 2004 or 2005.

I thought Raymond Aguilar of NU wont play anymore.

That's exactly what I thought too but perhaps the change of the age limit from 24 to 25 allowed him to play this season.

I saw Canlas on TV making Free throws that shows him in his 4th year. So, does he have one more year?

From my recollection, he was part of the 2004 team A. If not, he might be affected by the 7 year-out-of-hs rule since he's already on his 2nd undergraduate course in UST.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

shyboy
07-07-2008, 05:30 PM
DLSU
Casio
Maierhoffer

PJ Walsham.

GHRanger, I think PJ Walsham has one more year of eligibility left. Though he and JV are batchmates, Walsham took a leave for a year when he went back to Australia in 2005 if I'm not mistaken. PJ and Rico will be making tough decisions at the end of Season 71.

bchoter
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Waving from Espana:

"Chris Tiu, thank God you're leaving. Please take JV and Marcy with you"

GHRanger
07-07-2008, 05:45 PM
DLSU
Casio
Maierhoffer

PJ Walsham.

GHRanger, I think PJ Walsham has one more year of eligibility left.* Though he and JV are batchmates, Walsham took a leave for a year when he went back to Australia in 2005 if I'm not mistaken.* PJ and Rico will be making tough decisions at the end of Season 71.

You are correct there - on both counts, i forgot about his leave of absence - and the eligibility issues that followed with Marko, Bader, Ferdi and himself. JVee is the only sure person to graduate then, the others still have options to stay.

The_Big_Cat
07-07-2008, 05:47 PM
After this season. I guess La Salle will be in the rebuilding mode considering the number of rookies they have on the current lineup and with the departure of their prolific scorer, JV Casio, next year.

Hinog na si Rico for the PBA. It is no sense keeping him in Taft for another year.

GHRanger
07-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Hinog na si Rico for the PBA. It is no sense keeping him in Taft for another year.

Agreed. The decision is entirely up to Rico.

shyboy
07-07-2008, 06:09 PM
After this season. I guess La Salle will be in the rebuilding mode considering the number of rookies they have on the current lineup and with the departure of their prolific scorer, JV Casio, next year.

Based from yesterday's game, IMO Rico's decision-making is still far from being pro-ready. Those three point attempts during the crucial stage of the game make me cringe.

pio_valenz
07-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Last season na daw ni Jobe Nkemakolam at Mark Lopez. A Hollywood director is casting them in a movie about the Jackson Five. Kulang pa ng tatlo. ;D

bchoter
07-07-2008, 06:19 PM

Agreed.* The decision is entirely up to Rico.
Perhaps he shoouldn't be allowed to decide for himself. Mahina daw siya sa bagay na yan according to shyboy

Dark Knight
07-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Last season na daw ni Jobe Nkemakolam at Mark Lopez. A Hollywood director is casting them in a movie about the Jackson Five.* Kulang pa ng tatlo. ;D

Then Robert Kave of FEU and Rabeh should all grow an afro. :D

shyboy
07-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Agreed.* The decision is entirely up to Rico.
Perhaps he shoouldn't be allowed to decide for himself. Mahina daw siya sa bagay na yan according to shyboy

Bchoter, who are we to disallow somebody from making decisions for himself? *Di ko naman sinabing mahina siya eh, sabi ko di lang ready sa pro. *Mataas ang standard ko eh. * ;D

Joescoundrel
07-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Jobe Nkemakolam came in with the class of 2004, same as Japeth Aguilar, Ken Barracoso and Yuri Escueta. So far Jobe has played three UAAP seasons including this present Season 71 stint. However I believe he is turning 25 in November and will thus be ineligible due to the age limit for next season.

Yuri is also in his last season also due to the age limit. IF Ken decides to come back he can play one more season.

If Japeth comes back it will be for a PBA and/or RP Team stint. ;D

CM_Punk
07-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Last season na daw ni Jobe Nkemakolam at Mark Lopez. A Hollywood director is casting them in a movie about the Jackson Five. Kulang pa ng tatlo. ;D

Then Robert Kave of FEU and Rabeh should all grow an afro. :D

Yes, I also noticed last Sunday that both Jobe and Mark grew out their hair, and are sporting quite the afro looks :D

Imagine if Jobe, Mark, Rabeh, and Robert are on the same team at the end of the season, say during the NCAA-UAAP all-star game, and they play together on the floor at the same time. It would then look like we have a guest team from Africa playing out there, heh ;D

Dark Knight
07-08-2008, 07:59 AM
CM Punk : Since 5 ang kailangan, isama mo na si Thiele. :D

Joescoundrel : Thanks for the clarification. Thank God Escueta is leaving. May angas kasi ;D

CM_Punk
07-08-2008, 08:30 AM
^ Yes, I was trying to think of who would be the fifth guy out on the floor, and Thiele would be a good candidate as long as he doesn't get a haircut for the next few months ;)

On-topic: Braganza of UP is only playing his second year in the UAAP, but he was from the same batch of San Beda Red Cubs of Arao, Agbayani, Casio, Escueta, etc. If Escueta won't be able to play next year due to the age limit, then this might also be his former HS teammate Braganza's last playing year then, I'm not sure though.

tigerman
09-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Guys, update natin ang listahan. Feel free to correct me in case of error/s.

UST
Cruz
Cuan
Allera
Canlas
Taylor
Gile

FEU
Adolfo
Baracael
Fernandez
Cabagnot (I read from another forum)

DLSU
Casio

UE
Arellano
Espiritu

UP
Agbayani

AdMU
Tiu
Escueta
Nkemakolam

NU
Asoro
Jahnke
Aguilar

ADU
Gonzalgo
Agustin

Assuming my llist is correct, it seems like season 72 will be a rebuilding stage for most of the schools especially since most of them would lose their respective franchise players after the current season.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

sanlo
09-15-2008, 03:12 PM

Why no sense for rico? Graduate na ba siya? Or finishing his course does not matter? Tho I agree hinog na siya para sa PBA.

yungha
09-15-2008, 03:19 PM
^ in the inquirer libre special on the ateneo-la salle rivalry it was said that rico's already a father of one. so perhaps that's a factor in deciding whether or not to leave early for the pros.

sanlo
09-15-2008, 03:28 PM
^ in the inquirer libre special on the ateneo-la salle rivalry it was said that rico's already a father of one. so perhaps that's a factor in deciding whether or not to leave early for the pros.

I dunno about that. I believe he should leave if he gets his degree already. Unless it will take him 2 or more years to graduate. Look at jai stay in school. Kung hindi talaga maka-afford, ibang usapan na yan

The_Big_Cat
09-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Why no sense for rico? *Graduate na ba siya? *Or finishing his course does not matter? *Tho I agree hinog na siya para sa PBA.

He will be earning more if he declares himself for the 2009 PBA draft.

Gra-graduate na daw.

sanlo
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Why no sense for rico? *Graduate na ba siya? *Or finishing his course does not matter? *Tho I agree hinog na siya para sa PBA.

Gra-graduate na daw.

I see. OK then la salle will go on rebuilding mode if jv and rico leave. Looks like time for torres to step in.

Dark Knight
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Ron Ryan Cabagnot is leaving also. Matagal na siyang graduate ng high school and gagraduate na ng college this school year.

Another one leaving for FEU is rookie Gian Macazo who is part of team B for many years na. He is 23 years old.

JonarSabilano
09-16-2008, 06:54 AM

Gra-graduate na daw.

I see.* *OK then la salle will go on rebuilding mode if jv and rico leave.* Looks like time for torres to step in.

Torres won't be eligible until 2010.

FearTheTear
09-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Why is Espiritu leaving after this season? Isn't he batchmates with Ababou and Jai Reyes? If I'm not mistaken, he was eligible for the ROY award his first season so that meant he wasn't a transferee or an elevated player. Age?

And it's Baracael's last year as well?

pio_valenz
09-16-2008, 02:22 PM
I heard Jai Reyes has decided not to play out his final season? BENistas, any truth to this?

bchoter
09-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Not sure but I seem to recall Elmer Espiritu as a gangling Light Bomber around 2000. If he's around that long then he's probably leaving because he'll be subject to the the 7-yrs-out-of-HS rule in 2009.

stonecold316
09-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Not sure but I seem to recall Elmer Espiritu as a gangling Light Bomber around 2000. If he's around that long then he's probably leaving because he'll be subject to the the 7-yrs-out-of-HS rule in 2009.

matanda na talaga ang ibang mga players sa UAAP ang Espiritu is no exception.

bchoter
09-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I heard Jai Reyes has decided not to play out his final season? BENistas, any truth to this?
I wish he made this decision earlier. Who knows, the UST rally would not have been doused cold by his 3-point shot :(

canmaker
09-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Ka batch nga yata ito sa encee nila ford arao at jv casio ...

======

Dark Knight
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
And it's Baracael's last year as well?

Baracael will turn 25 na daw come season 72 so ineligible na sya

jeshra
09-17-2008, 07:31 PM
TIU is gunna leave the UAAP WITH OUT winning a championship:))

sanlo
09-17-2008, 08:54 PM

Ah ganyan ha....I hope you're leaving GAMEFACE Mr. Nuisance! Matino ang usapan dito!

fionna
09-17-2008, 09:25 PM
wag mo nang patulan si jeshra; baka si mark telan yan ;D

RuckuS
09-17-2008, 09:31 PM
wag mo nang patulan si jeshra; baka si mark telan yan* ;D

or Allen Glenn Patrimonio.* :P

sanlo
09-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Noted. Its alright to criticize chris tiu but to say he is leaving without a championship is out of context. Unless kulang siya sa....whoever he is. Thats all. TY for your concern. Mabuhay ang GAMEFACE!

jembengzon
09-17-2008, 10:43 PM
again, may we remind all the newbies here that the reason why gameface is such a respected site is because comments here in general are thoughtful and insightful, and regulars and moderators here generally police themselves, lest this site should turn into other sites, which thrive on partisan and less thought out bashing and rhetoric.* while there may be some fierce discussion, it is always done in the light of hardcore hoops intellect.

So i hope that the newbies here will at least READ AND RESPECT THE RULES that have been set up by the site managers, lest this turn into PEX.* if not, then face the consequences of a very short membership due to non intellectual contributions in moving harcore hoops discussion forward.* after all, it is our house, so ALL MEMBERS need to take care of this site.

other than that, welcome to gameface* :)

wilhelm
09-19-2008, 08:17 PM

Totoo ba ito?

bluewing
09-20-2008, 12:01 AM

Totoo ba ito?

we'll know for sure Thursday night. ;)

mortalmar
09-22-2008, 01:12 PM
if jai will leave with chris next year, we might end up like ust this year. a very strong and tall team with a weak back court.

sanlo
09-22-2008, 02:06 PM
if jai will leave with chris next year, we might end up like ust this year.* a very strong and tall team with a weak back court.

Altho we want jai to stay, should he go, monfort can return to the team. Or there are other guards in team b who can step up. Pero huwag sana. The departure of chris, yuri and maybe jai will need a lot of tweaking in the guard core.

yznier
09-22-2008, 04:19 PM

His seatmate told me that Jai said he will still play next year. :)

canmaker
09-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Baka nga maging Kapitan pa yan next year ...

=====

sanlo
09-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Baka nga maging Kapitan pa yan next year ...

=====

Co-captain ni rabeh?

coreytaylor
09-23-2008, 09:55 AM
^^ co-captain ni rabeh at noy.

5FootCarrot
09-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Guys, we're talking about who's leaving their respective teams after this season, so if you're not sure if that person is leaving, best to discuss him elsewhere.

Apart from the Ateneo players, I'm not too clear on who's playing/played his final year in the UAAP, so the only person so far on my "Thank God You're Leaving" list is JV Casio.

Thank God you're leaving, JV - that means I can stop hating you soon ;D

sanlo
09-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Guys, we're talking about who's leaving their respective teams after this season, so if you're not sure if that person is leaving, best to discuss him elsewhere.

Apart from the Ateneo players, I'm not too clear on who's playing/played his final year in the UAAP, so the only person so far on my "Thank God You're Leaving" list is JV Casio.

Thank God you're leaving, JV - that means I can stop hating you soon ;D

Favor - can you revive this string in 2010 so I can say, "Thank God Migs de asis is leaving!"

tigerman
09-23-2008, 08:51 PM

Mam Carrot, who among the Eagles are playing in their final year aside from Tiu? Thanks.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

bchoter
09-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Mel Gile, apparently, is not leaving this season.

duoyiza
09-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Thank You Chris Tiu is leaving... :D ;D
Thank You Jvee Casio is leaving... :D ;D

Thank You Jervy Cruz is leaving... :-\ ??? :( :'(

The_Big_Cat
09-24-2008, 09:51 AM

Mam Carrot, who among the Eagles are playing in their final year aside from Tiu? Thanks.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

former Red Cubs Baldos and Escueta.

5FootCarrot
09-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Sorry, Big_Cat, but 1) you're not 5FootCarrot, and 2) you're not entirely correct - Mike Baldos has one more year of eligibility left under existing UAAP rules.

The_Big_Cat
09-25-2008, 10:58 AM
^Two years pala siya sa Team B nyo.

Liga Pilipinas
09-26-2008, 12:38 AM
* * *All graduating UAAP players are most welcome to try-out for roster slots on the different Liga Pilipinas teams.* If the player's home town has a team, then much better!* The league's 2008-2009 Second Conference is just around the corner.

mangtsito
09-26-2008, 01:28 AM
My fervent wish is for NABRO to be included in the "Thank God You're leaving" list.

RuckuS
09-28-2008, 07:07 PM

now you can crawl back into the cave you came from and NEVER come out. ;)

jieun17
10-14-2008, 09:54 PM

now you can crawl back into the cave you came from and NEVER come out.* ;)

yeah, i think you should do that, or else the whole ateneo crowd (plus the hundreds of girls drooling on Tiu) will rip you into two! ;)

mangtsito
10-15-2008, 08:48 AM
^ We can leave that to the fangirls. I dunno with the whole Ateneo crowd, but I personally won't go out of my way to do some ripping. I'm already completely satisfied seeing them sourgraping. ;)

= = = = =

Jervy Cruz, thank God you're leaving. This is not a put-down statement. With you out of the picture, life is a lot easier for UST's opponents.

coreytaylor
10-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Jervy Cruz, thank God you're leaving. This is not a put-down statement. With you out of the picture, life is a lot easier for UST's opponents.

Add Mr. Clutch JV Casio.

glock23
10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
* I'm already completely satisfied seeing them sourgraping!

Oh i know what you mean since i was completely satisfied for so many years seeing you guys doing so :) ang sarap diba?* :D next year ulit? Quits lang!

The_Big_Cat
10-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Si Commissioner. ;D

mangtsito
10-15-2008, 04:39 PM

Oh i know what you mean since i was completely satisfied for so many years seeing you guys doing so :) ang sarap diba?* :D next year ulit? Quits lang!

Oo, pero mas masarap ngayon kasi pati University head ninyo naki-sourgrape. ;D

Boring yung sa amin eh. Kahit nga nung na-vindicate kami doon sa top 500 schools ni wala siyang comment. ;)

antica
10-15-2008, 08:54 PM

Oo nga, our Fr.Nebres didn't sourgrape before . . . your Bro. Armin did just two Saturdays ago. Don't know how to lose from Bro. Armin to Coach Pumaren to . . . .

antica
10-15-2008, 08:56 PM

Oo, pero mas masarap ngayon kasi pati University head ninyo naki-sourgrape.* ;D

Boring yung sa amin eh.* Kahit nga nung na-vindicate kami doon sa top 500 schools ni wala siyang comment.* *;)

Oo nga tapos nagpapalusot pa, nakakahiya talaga . . . .

glock23
10-15-2008, 11:15 PM

Boring yung sa amin eh.* Kahit nga nung na-vindicate kami doon sa top 500 schools ni wala siyang comment.* *;)

University head namin naki-sourgrape? talaga?* :D ipaliwanag mo nga kung paano?

ah yung boring part wala na talagang magagawa don. natural na yon, gentleman of the old school yan eh* ;D actually congrats nga pala at nasa 250 something na kayo sa buong mundo! Im impressed, Uaap champions in mens, HS and boys division and cracking the top 250 universities in the world all in one year. Galeng!* :D

glock23
10-15-2008, 11:27 PM

Nagpapalusot pa? nakaka-apat na post ka palang akala mo marami ka nang alam! o sige ipaliwanag mo din kung paano nag sour grape ang University head ng DLSU. Yung papasa sa mga magagaling na upsilonian lawyers dapat ang explanation mo ok?* :D Hint: hindi batangueno ha ;D

glock23
10-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Si Commissioner.* *;D

At si Assistant Commissioner :D

salsa caballero
10-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Nagpapalusot pa? nakaka-apat na post ka palang akala mo marami ka nang alam! o sige ipaliwanag mo din kung paano nag sour grape ang University head ng DLSU. Yung papasa sa mga magagaling na upsilonian lawyers dapat ang explanation mo ok?* :D Hint: hindi batangueno ha* ;D

PRRRT!!! FOUL!!! Technical foul on glock23 for resurrecting those who choose to be sick, hide and forever hold their peace!!! :P

Btw, OT na tayo boys baka hiritan na tayo ng mods...

glock23
10-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Nagpapalusot pa? nakaka-apat na post ka palang akala mo marami ka nang alam! o sige ipaliwanag mo din kung paano nag sour grape ang University head ng DLSU. Yung papasa sa mga magagaling na upsilonian lawyers dapat ang explanation mo ok?* :D Hint: hindi batangueno ha* ;D

PRRRT!!! FOUL!!! Technical foul on glock23 for resurrecting those who choose to be sick, hide and forever hold their peace!!! :P

Btw, OT na tayo boys baka hiritan na tayo ng mods...

double technical! ejected na from the game!!! :D

Para di OT: Again, the narvasa brothers! Good riddance i hope

antica
10-16-2008, 08:58 PM

University head namin naki-sourgrape? talaga?* :D ipaliwanag mo nga kung paano?

ah yung boring part wala na talagang magagawa don. natural na yon, gentleman of the old school yan eh* ;D actually congrats nga pala at nasa 250 something na kayo sa buong mundo! Im impressed, Uaap champions in mens, HS and boys division and cracking the top 250 universities in the world all in one year. Galeng!* :D

A hollow call
By Ronnie Nathanielsz
WHEN we saw the front page picture of the Ateneo bonfire celebrating their well-deserved University Athletic Association of the Philippines’ victory over a game La Salle squad, we were frankly appalled.
It seems that the entire Paredes clan, including the alumnus responsible—Jesse Paredes—has, from way back when, embraced Ateneo with unbridled affection, like many of us do with our alma mater, but failed to draw the line between passion and propriety.
The burning of poles with the names of the La Salle players and the coaching staff was, to say the least, a case of extremely poor judgment, which is surprising since students of that great institute of learning—just like La Salle—are taught to exercise sound judgment and to maintain a sense of fairness and sportsmanship, whether it be in the competitive arena of life or in sports, in this case UAAP basketball.
It is difficult to even try to understand the exuberance of Paredes, who was obviously carried away by his emotions and at that time couldn’t distinguish between what was right and proper and what was wrong and terribly misguided.
It is equally difficult and indeed a little more painful to try to even remotely rationalize the remarks of Br. Armin Luistro FSC, president of La Salle who, in his graduation message last October said in part: “The campus can very well be an island in Thailand’s Satun Province, where the only way of surviving is by maximizing your meager resources and beating the other tribe, hopefully without having to resort to bribing the tribal council or cheating your way to victory.”
These were the official remarks he released, but we’ve been told that in an adlib portion, there was a reference to a tribe in “blue.” Perhaps a video of the remarks may set this particular aspect to rest. Based on the Brother’s own release of his remarks and his claim that people were free to interpret it in their own way and that he had no intention whatsoever to allude to Ateneo, he regrettably insults our collective intelligence.
Why in heaven’s name did he have to mention bribing and cheating your way to victory? One has to take the remarks in the context of the howl raised over the officiating by coach Franz Pumaren and many others. The insinuation and implication was obvious, even if you didn’t have the benefit of appreciating the nuances of the English language by studying at Ateneo or La Salle.
In what is nothing short of a very poor attempt to deny the malicious implications of his statement, this supposedly learned Brother, who leads a truly fine institute of learning and must bear responsibility for setting the tone of building the character and the appreciation of life’s realities by the young, compounded the felony.
What further aggravated his tasteless reference to the tribes in Satun, especially in these troubled times in Southern Philippines, is the fact that the majority of people who live in what Bro. Luistro characterized as a tribal setting are Muslims. One wonders whether, in the desire to get his message across, he failed to realize the broader implications of what he said.
We are saddened by the fact that a Christian Brother is guilty of an un-Christian condemnation of the people of Satun, which is a small province in Southern Thailand that borders Malaysia. Bro. Luistro regrettably paid scant respect to the feelings of others just so he could get his warped message across. Talking of cheating has the good Brother so quickly forgotten how La Salle was found guilty by its peers in the UAAP of including two ineligible players in their champion team of the recent past, whose eligibility was manipulated and their documents tampered with? Some of the individuals who engineered the cheating are apparently still very much around. Whatever happened dear Brother?
His letter to fellow Lasallians asking the Lasallian community “not to fan the fames of animosity between our two institutions” and his appeal to them to transcend the sports rivalry and focus our attention on ways we can cooperate for the good of the nation” rings hollow, because while Paredes lit the flame of a bonfire, Bro. Luistro fanned the flames like no other.
It was unworthy of a man supposedly steeped in Christian values and virtues and in many respects molder and protector of the character of our youth. Frankly, we are relieved that we sent our children—the eldest son and two older daughters not to La Salle but to UP. UP may lose one UAAP game after another compared to La Salle, but at least in terms of values, they are winners all the way.

antica
10-16-2008, 09:12 PM

Dear fellow Lasallians:

Greetings of peace! I am furnishing you with the complete text of my graduation speech on October 5. You can judge for yourself if I alluded to Ateneo de Manila University directly or indirectly. As far as I am concerned, the first paragraph of my speech is definitely in reference only to Lasallians. But, I suppose, people listening to my speech are free to interpret it their own way. Let me then reiterate that I had no intention whatsoever to allude to Ateneo de Manila University.

As soon as the game was over, I already sent a text message to Fr. Ben Nebres SJ congratulating their team for the victory. I followed this up with a telephone conversation two days later.

Today, I sent him another official letter in response to the letter of apology which I received from him on the unfortunate incident during the bonfire at their victory party.

I ask the Lasallian community not to fan the flames of animosity between our two institutions. The season is over and while we may get passionate while the game is on, we should all learn to transcend this sports rivalry and focus our attention on ways we can cooperate for the good of the nation.

Fraternally yours,

Br. Armin Luistro FSC

DLSU Graduation Message: October 2008

I have always marvelled at this happy occasion that we are in. There is no other occasion where we see every person in a room beaming with pride, with a heightened sense of accomplishment than during commencement exercises. For many of you, today is but a formal rite of passage. Much like what we see in most reality shows today, you can rejoice at the thought that you have gone through the worst and survived it. Depending on how lucky you were in avoiding DLSU's most-feared professors, your stay in La Salle could very well be likened to navigating the perilous warzone along Vito Cruz, or an experience of crawling a rat-infested sewer in Leveriza or jumping from the 21st floor of Andrew Hall. The campus can very well be an island in Thailand's Satun Province where the only way of surviving is by maximizing your meager resources and beating the other tribe, hopefully without having to resort to bribing the tribal council or cheating your way to victory. Believe me, there is much more to celebrate today with your personal accomplishments than with the Green Team winning a championship for the season. That despite the fact that I don't see scalpers selling P25,000 patron tickets to watch you come up the stage in your togas to get the photo shot that will grace your blogs or face book in years to come.

I have a big problem. Last Monday, a classmate e-mailed me this:

attended the VL Salle graduation of my son .... last Saturday at PICC.
President Bro. Armin delivered a speech and part of it was about the UAAP
championship, referring to Ateneo (indirectly) as "having cheated their
way to victory". I heard some people "booing" immediately after;
obviously they are Ateneans. I find it very unprofessional for a president to say this
knowing that there are parents in the gallery who graduated in Ateneo or
there are parents who have children studying not only in VL Salle but also
in Ateneo.

That same day, another message from another friend read as follows:

. Bro. Armin just mentioned the other tribe sometimes in blue... having bribed itself to victory. …

Thus was followed in text …. “Yes, I was dr. Bro. Armin mentioned going into d real world competing w/ odr tribes smtyms in blue bt not hvg 2 bribe dmslves 2 victory. Do whole gradu8ing batch reactd by clapping & howling. Dat whole portion hd basketball as reference.”

After I received Luistro's disclaimer, I got back to my "sources." One stands by what he earlier said; the other has not yet replied.

It could be that Bro. Luistro ad-libbed during his speech or he sanitized this formal version. There were thousands of people in attendance. I’m sure it was video-recorded. (Actually, I would want that a definitive video would surface so that my faith in brothers can be restored …..)

For graduates to cheer, clap and howl …. when there was no allusion to blue …. well, I’m missing something. Either my friends are just paranoiac or Bro. Luistro does not speak the truth.

Are these guys credible?

Brothers Luistro and Oca stick by Pumaren’s words – “they were not called to receive their trophy.” Twenty two years in the league and their representatives don’t know enough to be present during the awarding ceremonies. Either they’re dumb or they’re lying.

People keep bringing up the bonfire incident. Permit me to make this clear: an alumnus in a spirit of levity making an inappropriate joke does not bind a school. A president or a coach - officials -who speak in published interviews and public fora binds the whole academic institution.

I was shocked, really shocked, to learn that Awoo Lacson - whom VL Salle used a scapegoat for the Benitez/Gatchalian fiasco along with their registrar and Pumaren .... but Pumaren was re-hired when it became evident that they would be suspended anyway - has all along STILL acts as recruiter for their basketball. This is duplicity pure and simple.

Add these to Pumaren’s leaving the RP Youth Team to give time for his assistant coach to spend time with his father …. only to have the assistant coach beside him in the bench …. It’s now clear that Pumaren was there not to coach but to recruit …. hence, VL Salle’s bumper crop of recruits next year …..

….. and Maeirhofer’s “I was only calling Casio to rebound” … statement published in the papers. It seems to me that there’s a culture of untruth permeating their campus from top to bottom ….

The most insidious is this Luistro speech cum denial. Again, there are thousands present in that event who can attest to whether he alluded to Ateneo directly or indirectly ….. or maybe a you-tube is forthcoming ….

All I know is that Ateneo is considered a rival of this institution and people are writing “there’s no difference between green and blue.” Maybe it’s time to reconsider …. we need genuine reform and change.

I do know however that there will be no genuine or change if we don’t call these guys out right here, right now ….

salsa caballero
10-16-2008, 09:59 PM
double technical! ejected na from the game!!! :D

Dude,

Honestly, you never know. Some sectors may actually be happy on the whole with the performance of the commish. Let's see who Anton chooses to anoint next year. As of now, I just want to relish the win for the next nine months. Weather weather? Hmmm...sounds like a good time for some ice cream ;)

glock23
10-16-2008, 10:05 PM

So aside from your copy and paste skills and bringing up old news and hearsay, have YOU proven that indeed our Bro. president was sour graping? i think not! All you presented were emails coming from an Atenean parent who could have been ultra sensitive because aside from them nobody seems to give a hoot about it. Di bale when i get to watch the survivor reality show i'll make sure i check if the show is about the ateneo. *:D

By the way, the culture of untruth you say that permeates from our school from top to bottom? Look around you and open your eyes, look beyond your beloved ateneo and into the real world....sickening right? *;D

I have many atenean friends and relatives, heck even my wife is atenean! But, i will defend my school from people like you who are easy to judge when you dont even know the people you belittle. next time get your facts straight.

glock23
10-16-2008, 10:13 PM
double technical! ejected na from the game!!!* :D

Dude,

Honestly, you never know. Some sectors may actually be happy on the whole with the performance of the commish. Let's see who Anton chooses to anoint next year. As of now, I just want to relish the win for the next nine months. Weather weather? Hmmm...sounds like a good time for some ice cream ;)

naturally your side will be happy with the way the commish conducted his job this season. what if it was the other way around, say, an ex player from lasalle was appointed commish and gets his brother as assistant?

First game of the season awards 2 FT to dlsu because norman had no ID.Next suspends referees calling two of your games because of questionable calls and then terrorizes an adamson manager. I dont think you'll be happy too!* ;D

but enjoy the victory for it is yours! Ice cream nalang tayo* :D

jembengzon
10-16-2008, 10:14 PM

Dude,

edited : see message below for explanation ;D

glock23
10-16-2008, 10:17 PM
^jem blank ang post mo! hahaha!

jembengzon
10-16-2008, 10:18 PM

Dude,

kayo, mga parekoy, just say when. * ;D *kakagaling ko lang kanina sa fort at nag product taste-test ako ng austrailian cookies and cream, with cookie dough and oreo cookies. *kahapon, white winter chocolate with cookie dough naman, si misis, aussie vanilla with chocnut. * ;)

ewan ko ba, pero ako, masaya, tumataba naman, bwahaha *:D

jembengzon
10-16-2008, 10:19 PM
^jem blank ang post mo! hahaha!

glock

hirap mag post habang kumakain ng ice cream, hahaha ! kailan tayo ? ;D

salsa caballero
10-16-2008, 10:23 PM
WHEN!!! Inggit nga si kumander eh...Yan ang masarap na pampalamig ng ulo!

Para hindi OT: I will not miss Jervy Cruz. If he were as big as Japeth, he wouldn't be playing in the Philippines...

glock23
10-16-2008, 10:26 PM
jem, salsa, kelangan ko ng vanilla with chocnut!!! Pampalamig at pampasaya!

Para hindi OT: If jervy was as tall as japeth nakuha nyo na yon!! bwahahaha!

jembengzon
10-16-2008, 10:28 PM
WHEN!!! Inggit nga si kumander eh...Yan ang masarap na pampalamig ng ulo!

Para hindi OT: I will not miss Jervy Cruz. If he were as big as Japeth, he wouldn't be playing in the Philippines...

on topic: *oo nga, it would have been a treat to see him play alongside rabeh in the pbl. kakatakot isipin.

off topic. *ayusin natin salsa for next week, ikaw ang bahala sa grupo, with glock. *gusto mo, sama niyo ni kid cubao. yung brod mo, *nabuhay siya sa up thread parekoy,bwahaha *:D

pasensiya, *SUGAR OVERLOAD AKO NGAYON, *product development testing kasi, bwahaha *;D

glock23
10-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Im game next week, anytime! ako lang ulit ang lasallista! ok lang basta may ice cream! :D

salsa caballero
10-16-2008, 10:37 PM
ayos! sige, p-mailan nalang.

nabuhay pala? akala ko ba may malubhang karamdaman?

On topic- jervy and rab would've been the deadliest 4-5 combo in the PBL. Seriously. Ang ganda siguro tingnan ng mga primary at secondary break nila on transition. Sayang.

jembengzon
10-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Im game next week, anytime! ako lang ulit ang lasallista! ok lang basta may ice cream!* :D

ayusin natin parekoy, PM ko kayo ni pareng salsa para ma-sched na natin. *magmumukang food thread na to *:D

mods, pasensya na po sa mga matatandang matatakaw sa ice cream. nasobrahan lang po *:D

Jump_Shooter
10-16-2008, 10:51 PM
^Okay, last time na yan. After this post, kindly leave all discussions about Bro. Armin's speech and/or your grand ice cream EB out of this thread please.* :)

Potchi_coolwhip55
12-06-2008, 09:08 PM
AdU - Agustin
ADMU - Tiu
DLSU - Casio
FEU - Baracael, Fernandez, Adolfo, Cabagnot
NU- Asoro, Catamora
UP - Agbayani
UE - Arellano
UST - Cuan, Taylor, Gile

Players who will play for their final year next Season:
AdU - Gonzalgo
ADMU - Escueta, Reyes
DLSU - Maierhofer
FEU - NONE
NU-* Janhke
UP -* NONE
UE - Espiritu
UST - Ababou, Canlas

;D

fujima04
12-08-2008, 05:08 AM
^ I believed Canlas will not be back anymore next season. Jervy Cruz won't be back as well.

Potchi_coolwhip55
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
^ oh really?? hmm, that's a major loss for the tigers next season.. ::)

5FootCarrot
12-10-2008, 04:11 AM
Yuri Escueta has also played his last season for Ateneo this year.

GHRanger
12-10-2008, 02:27 PM
PJ Walsham, i believe, is no longer eligible due to age.