PDA

View Full Version : PCCL Power Rankings

nastrans
06-26-2008, 12:01 PM
I found this in PEX and they have this recent Power Rankings as of June 23, here it is:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/2612410810_c9e1a2066a_b.jpg

The_Big_Cat
06-26-2008, 01:01 PM
For the past two Collegiate Champions League seasons (post NCAA & UAAP), San Beda has been seeded number 2.

I think the power rankings today, does not reflect the overall dominance that San Beda has showed in the past two years and probably this year. I don't know what the criteria for the current power rankings, but I don't agree to this.

Not to disregard Ateneo & UE's pre-season success, both teams have not won any UAAP title for the past 6 years.
While San Beda is the current back-to-back NCAA champions.

UE beat San Beda in the NSL 91-87 and FIL-OIL 81-65. But San Beda also managed to defeat UE in the FIL-OIL 99-91.
San Beda also defeated Ateneo in the FIL-OIL 70-61.

It is not the final rankings yet but I believe San Beda will come out with number 1 seed after the NCAA & UAAP seasons.

gameface_one
06-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Looks like most of the comments came from Basketbolista. Fyi, in its last issue (June 24), Basketbolista published its Power Rankings which was also submitted to Solar Sports.

amdgc82
06-26-2008, 01:10 PM
http://bleachersbrew.blogspot.com/2008/06/road-to-one.html

Wednesday, June 18, 2008
The Road To One

Beginning next Wednesday, we will be posting the official Collegiate Champions League Power Rankings. A concerted effort by BTV and various college basketball scribes all over the country. There will be two -- the Metro Manila and the provincial. For the metro, that will include all the leagues from UAAP, NCAA, NAASCU etc. The rankings will be featured in most newspapers as well as online basketball sites leading up to the Collegiate Champions League.

The group working on the rankings includes the Philippine Daily Inquirer, the Philippine Star, Manila Bulletin, Business Mirror, Manila Standard, Taliba, inboundpass.com, Basketbolista, Pinoyexchange.com, and UBelt.com among others.

League Commissioner Rey Gamboa says that the SBP will be fixing the basketball calendar soon. That means we will have a cohesive and more organized structure. Huzzah!

Posted by Rick Olivares* *

erichubert
06-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Hope this becomes a yearly thing, I think they are patterning this after the top 25 polls in the US NCAA. It would be better to have one poll for the whole country, maybe in a few years they would try to do this.

nicksy
06-26-2008, 02:55 PM
well this is a great step toward reconciliation of all collegiate basketball programs in the country, sana hindi lang mahaluan ng politika.

erichubert
06-26-2008, 04:51 PM
As long as the people deciding the polls would be credible, I think this would be a good move by the CCL. It would make things very interesting indeed. My suggestion would be to make the preseason tournaments formal, meaning they would count against the teams' chances for the post season, we can make it similar to the US where they have a non-conference schedule before their conference games then the postseason tournaments.

toti_mendiola
06-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Parang di ako makapaniwala na wala sa top 5 sa power rankings ang USTe.

erichubert
06-26-2008, 05:13 PM
I think they took into account UST's non-appearance in the preseason tournaments. So they naturally fell behind teams who did well like UE, Ateneo, San Beda and DLSU.

The_Big_Cat
06-26-2008, 05:21 PM
What are the criterias & formulas in the power rankings? ???

Mikhail
06-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Likely the majority of it is based on the Fil-Oil and Nike summer tourneys. Where else would they get it? And since UE and Ateneo won those, then naturally both teams are on the top of the most recent Power Rankings.

mighty_lion
06-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Wala naman kaming player na Udoka ang pangalan. Maka-spurs siguro nagsulat nyan.

D_I_A
06-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Whoa! Good start for the PCCL! :D

nastrans
06-26-2008, 09:14 PM
First of all, Lyceum is not an NCRAA member anymore, wala silang liga.

Second, I dont mind about the rankings if it is based on the preseason tournaments but then they also made a basis for last season's performance such as UST. If they would like to base more on the summer tournaments, they most likely will also see FEATI (who beat NU and Letran in the Summer League) and possibly a higher ranking for Arellano due to their FMC title.

danny
06-27-2008, 02:03 AM
First of all, Lyceum is not an NCRAA member anymore, wala silang liga.

More research and fine tuning needed. But a good start if this will be published regularly in the broadsheets. They are laying the groundwork for a compelling national competition despite the lack of authority comparable to the US NCAA organization.

I don't mind the rankings. It makes collegiate basketball across the board exciting. Imagine the different schools from different leagues trying to prove themselves worthy. In the end it's really not the ranking that matters but the results in the national level (if taken seriously). More exposure for all the leagues.

All is good.

Dark Knight
06-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Surprise, surprise, FEU at 5th. ;D

LION
06-27-2008, 08:47 AM
San Beda in 3rd place is ok with me. Rankings naman yan during off-season and it's only fitting that the off-season champs should get the top two positions.

There is no hard and fast rule on how the ranking is done. Those who decide the ranking will try their very best to be objective but of course subjectivity can't be totally eliminated. Fair enough for me. There is no perfect system.

oca
06-27-2008, 10:25 AM
My understanding is the rankings are "as of a period ending...".

Since UE and DLSU topped the 2 "televised" summer events, sila nga dapat ang nasa itaas.

I assume this is very similar to the rankings done on college teams in the US and the one with football/soccer as seen on CNN. At pag nagpasimula na ang iba't-ibang school leagues, gagalaw ang rankings kasabay ng pagpanalo at pagkatalo ng bawat koponan.

Weekly rin ba ang updates ng rankings?

One thing clear here, since walang crossover competition ang iba't-ibang liga, the rankings is purely subjective and even hypothetical. Magkakaroon din ng bias dyan if a certain individual involve in the ranking thinks highly of one league over another.

Kaya marapat maghinay-hinay tayo sa pagpuna sa mga rankings. Dahil ang inyong opinyon mismo ay malamang may bias din.

Isa lang ang nakikita kong maganda na magmumula sa ranking na ito. Pampagana ito sa public sa pagtatanghal ng PCCL. It will condition the public's mind that there is a National Championship forthcoming and this ranking informs all who are the teams to reckon with.

Sa ating hardcore, with or without this ranking, alam natin sino-sino ang mga magagaling at malalakas. May pagtatalo mang maganap kung sino ang pinakamagaling at pinakamalakas, magkakasundo tayo kung sino-sino ang angat sa nakakarami.

Alam natin na meron PCCL. But to the non-hardcore, this may just cultivate their interest on the PCCL.

I hope so.

Schortsanitis
06-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Well, if you base it on the pre season tournaments, meaning the 2008 NSL and 2008 Fil-Oil Tournament:
- UE deserves to secure the no. 1 spot, finishing 2nd in the NSL, and 1st in the FOT
- ADMU deserves to be no. 2, since they finished 1st in the NSL
- SBC finished 2nd in the FOT
- As for DLSU, forgot their finish in the NSL and FOT, but they did end up in the Final Four of both leagues

The rankings seem to make sense, if you gauge it on the performances thus far. It will be exciting to track the rankings as the collegiate tournaments move along.

myktristan
06-27-2008, 03:37 PM
i also hope that they will use the RPI or Ratings Percentage Index that US NCAA uses for their ranking..kung kaya syang i-adopt dito satin..

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratings_Percentage_Index

amdgc82
06-27-2008, 08:16 PM
http://kaboomphilippines.blogspot.com/2008/06/this-is-it.html

Thursday, June 26, 2008
Who's the Best? (this week)

This is it.* A personal project has come to fruition with the help of the Solar guys and of course the sports media.* We rank the top college basketball teams every week.* A group of sports media people have agreed to be part of a voting process to determine where each school stands every week leading up to the national championship.* Contributors include the Philippines Star, Manila Bulletin, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Pinoyexchange, BTV, Studio 23, Business Mirror, Universitybelt, Basketbolista, Manila Standard, Inboundpass, and Gamface.There are others and I will post the full list when I get it.* The winner of the Philippine Collegiate Championships will represent the Philippines in the World University Games in Serbia.*

I get to vote and I will post my rankings here every week.* The actual rankings based on everyone's contribution will be published in the Philippine Star sports section and various other publications/websites like Basketbolista, Pinoyexchange, Gameface, Inboundpass, and others.* This is a very subjective list but it's gonna be fun to see how it goes for the next few months as teams start beating up on each other.

My rankings for this week were as follows: 1.UE 2.SBC 3.ADMU 4.DLSU 5.FEU 6.CSJL 7.UST 8.JRU 9.ADU 10.MIT 11.SSC 12.NU 13.PCU 14.STI 15.EAC.* It is still pre season so a lot of uncertainties and many teams not having a lot of exposure.*

Posted by Judester at 3:33 AM*

boozer
06-28-2008, 02:54 AM
To increase the awareness of this competition to a larger scale, it would be better to include the rankings of the team on their home leagues.

Ex: NCAA games. Sa scores shown sa TV you can see the rank of that school. Similar to what the US NCAA has done with diff leagues - PAC10, SEC, Big East etc. when televised on ESPN. If the UAAP will follow this as well, eh di mas maganda.

If we will adapt a Home and Away type of games for the NCAA and UAAP. It will give schools to think of improving facilities (Gymnasium).

I'm really hoping this initiative to be successfull. It gives the other schools outside the UAAP and the NCAA to be more exposed in the college basketball scene.

More schools = More fanbase.

danny
06-28-2008, 03:24 AM
IMHO, a single quitter from a powerhouse school may* ruin* this show since the organization running the PCCL could never be compared to the US NCAA organization in both structure and authority.

What this "Power Ranking" brings to the table is the public perception and pressure on* schools to take the PCCL seriously. What they lack in authority will* hopefully be compensated by* the market demand.* Add to that the right to represent the country in the World University Games. (..hmm...baka may magtanong na pre-schooler, "Bakit may mga kasamang college kung world university games?" Buti na lang gameface ito. ;D)

The PCCL would eventually be an* important competition if and only if* the market is ready to go beyond the parochial interests of the bigger leagues. The road to ONE should start from US here in gameface. :)

One thing clear here, since walang crossover competition ang iba't-ibang liga, the rankings is purely subjective and even hypothetical. Magkakaroon din ng bias dyan if a certain individual involve in the ranking thinks highly of one league over another.

Kaya marapat maghinay-hinay tayo sa pagpuna sa mga rankings. Dahil ang inyong opinyon mismo ay malamang may bias din.

Isa lang ang nakikita kong maganda na magmumula sa ranking na ito. Pampagana ito sa public sa pagtatanghal ng PCCL. It will condition the public's mind that there is a National Championship forthcoming and this ranking informs all who are the teams to reckon with.

Sa ating hardcore, with or without this ranking, alam natin sino-sino ang mga magagaling at malalakas. May pagtatalo mang maganap kung sino ang pinakamagaling at pinakamalakas, magkakasundo tayo kung sino-sino ang angat sa nakakarami.

Alam natin na meron PCCL. But to the non-hardcore, this may just cultivate their interest on the PCCL.

Exactly. Pampakiliti.

Joescoundrel
06-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Philippine Collegiate Champions League

INITIAL NCR POWER RANKINGS

By JOSEPH W BUDUAN, for BASKETBOLISTA

Number 1 De La Salle University

Defending UAAP champion; two of the best players in the country return for the Green Archers – 6-foot-5 forward-center Rico Maeirhofer and 5-foot-9 sharpshooter guard JV Casio, Casio however is currently sidelined with a wrist injury; play the best defense in the country, generate turnovers and finish strong in transition, underrated rookies made a lot of noise in the summer tournaments and should be more than productive come the regular season

Number 2 Far Eastern University

Third place in the Nike Summer League; a team just coming together and figuring out their identity is the UAAP Season 70 wars has finally come together; have two of the best players in the league in 6-foot-4 swingman JR Cawaling and 6-foot-4 power forward Mac Baracael; have a platoon of tall and athletic forwards standing 6-foot-5 or better, need to play more intelligently across the board and realize athleticism will only take them so far

Number 3 University of the East

Fil-Oil Invitational champion, UAAP Season 70 Runner Up; a team that knows how to pile up regular season wins, features a lineup of athletic and savvy players who have embraced an effective and simple system, almost as good on defense as La Salle, can bomb away from three-point range with a platoon of snipers like James Martinez, Omar Bandaying, Paul Lee and Val Acuna, not as tall as seasons past but now play with more intelligence and discipline

Number 4 San Beda College

Defending back to back NCAA champion; would have ranked as high as Number 2 and maybe even Number 1 were it not for recent roster setbacks – 6-foot-5 power forward and former NCAA junior MVP Jake Pascual has been disqualified by the NCAA Management Committee, 6-foot-7 Nigerian center-forward has headed home for Nigeria and is not expected to return, at least not in time for tournament play; still a deep, big and talented team

Number 5 Ateneo De Manila

2008 Nike Summer League champion, 2007 Collegiate Champions League champion; arguably the most intelligent team in the country, high basketball IQ from the last man on the bench to the entire coaching staff, not an athletic team – only two or three players can dunk and only with great effort – but can execute, defense is a little soft and there is no real interior presence, can stay toe to toe with any other team but have difficulty finishing strong

Number 6 Mapua Institute of Technology

2008 Nike Summer League Semifinalist, NCAA Season 83 Final 4; quick and athletic lineup, not much size but they have a platoon of whip-quick guards who can shoot the lights out led by former Lasalle B Team gunners Randy Soriano and Allan Mangahas, reigning NCAA MVP Kelvin Dela Pena was Fil-Oil three-point king, heady forwards are undersized but fight tooth and nail in the lane and battle off the boards relentlessly

Number 7 Letran College

NCAA Season 83 Runner Up, 2008 Fr Martin Summer Runner Up; veteran lineup returns to try and make another finals appearance in the NCAA, was erratic during the summer – made the FMC Summer Finals undefeated but got walloped by Arellano, competed strongly in the Fil-Oil but inexplicably lost to St Benilde in the tournament, will go as far as their PBL veterans will take them, star pointguard RJ Jazul will carry them on his own if he has to

Number 8 Jose Rizal University

NCAA Season 83 Final 4; “Magnificent 6” of James Sena, Marvin Hayes, Maui Pradas, Jason Nocom, John Wilson and Mark Cagoco return giving the Heavy Bombers a veteran core, fared poorly in the summer tournaments except the FMC, still have a deep and talented unit, need to get contributions from the rest of the roster, questions abound as to whether or not a coaching change is needed to make the team succeed

Number 9 Arellano University

Back to back NCRAA champions, Fr Martin Summer champions; Orlando Daroya, Dondon Rivera, Noy Del Rosario and the diminutive Len Anquilo are a potent core group who have beaten some of the best teams in the city, Daroya is in his last year and would like to go out with a bang, have lost Lee More Boliver to PCU and shooter Alfie Martinez to graduation, will surprise a lot of the bigger schools who may not take them seriously

Number 10 Adamson University

2008 summer tournament surprise package; beat La Salle 44-41 in the Nike eliminations, beat FEU by 10 in the Fil-Oil eliminations, beat Ateneo in the semifinals of the Fil-Oil, star forward Mark Agustin makes a comeback, college journeyman Mike Galinato may have finally found a home, tight 3-2 zone thrown in with a 1-3-1 variation from time to time, dynamic young pointguards in Jeric Canada and Lester Alvarez, consistency is in question

Number 11 Emilio Aguinaldo College Manila

2008 NCRAA and UCAA Final 4; NCRAA powerhouse up to around 2007, gave the PBA electric swingman Ron Jason Buenafe, have a lot of newcomers but promise to be very competitive in their own dual tournament play in both the NCRAA and the UCAA, will unveil some tall and athletic forwards discovered in the Southern Tagalog, forward-center Jeff Lapitan might finally emerge, reportedly have an import or two standing 6-foot-4 or better

Number 12 Systems Technological Institute Manila

Season 6 NAASCU Finalist, Season 7 NAASCU champions; emergent NAASCU powerhouse, relies on one of the biggest nationwide school networks to discover new talents for the main varsity, lost African import Rasta Akwalifu to UAAP team National University, veteran tough guys Ramon Mabayo and Mike Cabangon set to return for one more season, have a good recruiting class that will stick together and grow together

Number 13 National University

Battle-tested veterans and an ever-improving roster; lose sharpshooter Jon Fernandez and bull-strong center Raymond Aguilar, may have former STI African recruit Akwalifu ready for the UAAP, still have a solid core in Edwin Asoro, Jonathan Jahnke, Chris Catamora, Jewel Ponferada and Michael Luy, capable of beating any team in any close game, need to find more will and heart especially when they give up a lead or are down big

Number 14 San Sebastian College Recoletos

Veteran upset makers; nearly made the NCAA Final 4 last season, fought to the last minute, upset San Beda in overtime in the Fil-Oil eliminations, have a bunch of gunners and runners, still have a good core in Dave Najorda, Jason Ballesteros, Jim Viray, Toto Aquino and emergent pointguard Pamboy Raymundo, underrated offensive sets and unassuming defensive intensity, should make a lot of noise in NCAA Season 84 and make the Final 4

Number 15 University of Santo Tomas

Mystery team who did not participate in any of the summer tournaments, their core guys all saw action in the last PBL conference all the way up to the championship series; still have a very potent core group with reigning UAAP MVP Jervy Cruz, Dylan Ababou, Japs Cuan, Kashim Mirza, gunner Phil Allera and underrated forward Mark Canlas; added at least three more gunners in newcomers Jeric Fortuna, Clark Bautista and “veteran rookie” Carlos Fenequito

Joescoundrel
06-28-2008, 11:14 AM
^ That was the original Power Rankings submitted by Basketbolista / Gameface to BTV, y'all might want to compare the similarities and differences.

In our original discussions and based on our network of informants we were actually debating as to whether or not to include Lyceum Manila since they did make the Nike quarters and actually stayed toe to toe with FEU in their knockout game. As Nastrans said the Pirates are kind of like orphans / b--tards depending on how one looks at their program. To my recollection they are a NCRAA school, although according to Nastrans that is not the case.

There really wasn't any set-in-stone criteria upon which to base these rankings. For our part we just looked at the most recent team performances in their respective leagues, a bit of more recent history like say over the last two or three years in some cases, and of course how they did in the off-season. In short the rankings are highly subjective. BTV itself did not give any set of criteria to follow and allowed us to have free reign.

We eventually decided to include UST since the program has been doing pretty well over the last couple of seasons (Season 69 champions) and they still have the reigning UAAP MVP playing at the most difficult position to fill in the biggest league in the country.

Perhaps the others would like to share their individual rankings so we can compare notes.

Joescoundrel
06-28-2008, 11:17 AM
I note that a lot of our own comments were used in the BTV final rankings, baka tinamad ang mga kasama namin... ;D

Joescoundrel
06-28-2008, 11:20 AM
By the way we made our rankings before the Jake Pascual decision came out, so now in the next rankings San Beda should rank higher.

Joescoundrel
06-28-2008, 11:24 AM
We learned about the definite participation of PCU for NCAA Season 84 after we submitted the rankings also, so PCU should figure in the next rankings as well.

The_Big_Cat
06-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I would like to see the power rankings divided into 1.statistical points and 2. media votes.

1.Statistical Points.

1.1 Points earned with the following:
a. team winning an elimination game, final four game & championship game..
b. team advancing to the final four (extra points).
c. team sweeping the eliminations (bonus points).
d. team winning the championship (bonus points).
e. No points earned if team looses a game

1.2 Point differential or Winning margin should have extra points as well
1. 0-5 margin = 5 pts
2. 5-10 margin = 10 pts
......and so on.

My thoughts only...

Sam Miguel
06-28-2008, 11:50 AM
^^^ Big Cat, to make that more fair the quality of the game should also be factored in, i.e. if a sub-.500 team upsets a Number 1 or Number 2 team regardless of margin then that should be an automatic plus-20 for the underdog, in the same vein the top team who lost should get a minus-5 for that debacle.

Statistical points are also kind of deceptive, i.e. teams like Lasalle and Ateneo do not score a lot of points as a team in general but still put together winning records, so on the SP count they do not rank that high but they might have winning records and even locked up Final 4 spots. Arellano scores a lot of points as a team but their level of competition in the NCRAA is not exactly comparable to say the UAAP.

In the US NCAA and even the NBA the writers and odds makers factor in the quality of games, i.e. " ... although they have an 11-0 record they only rank Number 3 because of a soft conference schedule against mid-level competition ... " or " ... having played 10 out of 12 games at home against non-playoff teams they only stand at Number 4 ... "

The_Big_Cat
06-28-2008, 11:57 AM
^Yes. That would be interesting as well Sam Miguel.

I would like to see what formula will they use in the power rankings.

Howard the Duck
06-28-2008, 12:21 PM
dapat may computer at human polls din

naks parang BCS :D

Schortsanitis
06-28-2008, 12:57 PM
One thing I did notice, is that sometimes weaker teams are able to beat stronger teams in the off season because of one reason or another, like injuries to major players, etc. Besides, I think we need to look at a team's consistency also. If they really are that strong as a team, then they should have some consistency in beating other teams, not just a one or two time thing.

john_paul_manahan
06-28-2008, 04:52 PM
as long as credible ang mga voters. i have no problem. maybe we can have our own little poll as well.

st_ang3r
06-28-2008, 09:14 PM
initial power rankings palang naman yan. so magbabago pa yan, pre season palang yung considered so lets wait pag nagstart na yung ibang liga

nastrans
06-29-2008, 01:46 AM
And most likely before the NAASCU, CUSA, and UCAA season starts around August, malamang natabunan na member teams nila because naglalaro na ang UAAP and NCAA. Mas lalong matatabunan ang Arellano dahil sa second semester pa ang NCRAA at malamang sa FMC sila during the first semester.

Howard the Duck
06-29-2008, 01:58 AM
three ranked NCAA teams are at the bottom of the heap ;D

#3 bulldozed #7
#8 "upset" #6
while # 11 was beaten by an unranked opponent

Joescoundrel
06-29-2008, 10:15 AM
One thing about UE in our rankings: they traditionally do well in the off-season but inexplicably melt down come the UAAP season. This has been their trend for the last decade or so: rule the off-season then promptly f--- up the regular UAAP tournament. As much as we wanted to make them no worse than Number 2, on the subjective (although kinda historical) side, UE has not shown anything in the UAAP of late to give them that high a spot as far as we were concerned. In the last 10 years Lasalle has won at least four legitimate titles and one or two "asterisk" titles. FEU has won two titles over the last 10 years and came in second once. UE only showed up in the Finals last year over the same period after sweeping the regular season only to choke in the Finals against Lasalle.

With Jake Pascual definitely back on the San Beda roster the Red Lions should move up to no lower than third in the next rankings. Every one else should remain status quo until their respective seasons begin.

One thing though: with the NCRAA set for the second semester how on earth will they be represented in the PCCL that is also set to begin national tournament play in November?

nastrans
06-29-2008, 05:44 PM
NCRAA representative is given to last-year's winner. Arellano won the championship in February.

Howard the Duck
07-01-2008, 10:30 PM
kelan ang release for the new rankings?

Joescoundrel
07-03-2008, 01:43 AM

SECOND NCR POWER RANKINGS

By JOSEPH W BUDUAN, BASKETBOLISTA

Number 1 De La Salle University

Defending UAAP champion; two of the best players in the country return for the Green Archers – 6-foot-5 forward-center Rico Maeirhofer and 5-foot-9 sharpshooter guard JV Casio, Casio however is currently sidelined with a wrist injury; play the best defense in the country, generate turnovers and finish strong in transition, underrated rookies made a lot of noise in the summer tournaments and should be more than productive come the regular season

Number 2 San Beda College

Ripped Mapua by 29 points on the opening day of NCAA Season 84, led by as much as 32 points at one point in the game, dominated all statistical areas and just plain imposed their will, NCAA decided to allow 6-foot-5 power forward Jake Pascual to play for the season bolstering their frontline, guard Borgie Hermida seems set to have a breakout season

Number 3 Far Eastern University

Third place in the Nike Summer League; a team just coming together and figuring out their identity is the UAAP Season 70 wars has finally come together; have two of the best players in the league in 6-foot-4 swingman JR Cawaling and 6-foot-4 power forward Mac Baracael; have a platoon of tall and athletic forwards standing 6-foot-5 or better, need to play more intelligently across the board and realize athleticism will only take them so far

Number 4 University of the East

Fil-Oil Invitational champion, UAAP Season 70 Runner Up; a team that knows how to pile up regular season wins, features a lineup of athletic and savvy players who have embraced an effective and simple system, almost as good on defense as La Salle, can bomb away from three-point range with a platoon of snipers like James Martinez, Omar Bandaying, Paul Lee and Val Acuna, not as tall as seasons past but now play with more intelligence and discipline

Number 5 Letran College

Had one heck of an opening day, plastering Jose Rizal by 17 points, led by as much as 21 points midway through the third period and just cruised the rest of the way, served notice that they are going to fight tooth and nail not just for the Final 4 but for the NCAA national championship, frontline Knights led the way with power forward Dina Daa leading the team with 20 points, 6-foot-6 center John Foronda held his own against NCAA All Star center James Sena

Number 6 Ateneo De Manila

2008 Nike Summer League champion, 2007 Collegiate Champions League champion; arguably the most intelligent team in the country, high basketball IQ from the last man on the bench to the entire coaching staff, not an athletic team – only two or three players can dunk and only with great effort – but can execute, defense is a little soft and there is no real interior presence, can stay toe to toe with any other team but have difficulty finishing strong

Number 7 Mapua Institute of Technology

Had a rude awakening on NCAA Season 84 opening day as they got walloped by San Beda, got exposed as a team that lives and dies on the long shot against the big Red Lions, living up to Week 1 prediction that as Kelvin Dela Pena goes so go the Cardinals – Dela Pena struggled with only nine points in this game and his teammates couldn’t make up the difference

Number 8 Arellano University

Back to back NCRAA champions, Fr Martin Summer champions; Orlando Daroya, Dondon Rivera, Noy Del Rosario and the diminutive Len Anquilo are a potent core group who have beaten some of the best teams in the city, Daroya is in his last year and would like to go out with a bang, have lost Lee More Boliver to PCU and shooter Alfie Martinez to graduation, will surprise a lot of the bigger schools who may not take them seriously

Number 9 Adamson University

2008 summer tournament surprise package; beat La Salle 44-41 in the Nike eliminations, beat FEU by 10 in the Fil-Oil eliminations, beat Ateneo in the semifinals of the Fil-Oil, star forward Mark Agustin makes a comeback, college journeyman Mike Galinato may have finally found a home, tight 3-2 zone thrown in with a 1-3-1 variation from time to time, dynamic young pointguards in Jeric Canada and Lester Alvarez, consistency is in question

Number 10 Jose Rizal University

Disappointing NCAA Season 84 opening day for the Heavy Bombers, bowed to the Letran Knights, the JRU perimeter simply did not show up, 6-foot-5 center James Sena was the only bright spot with 19 points and nine rebounds, no other Bomber scored in double digits, had a lot of unforced errors but still succumbed to the scrambling defense of Letran, JRU guards looked discombobulated

Number 11 Emilio Aguinaldo College Manila

2008 NCRAA and UCAA Final 4; NCRAA powerhouse up to around 2007, gave the PBA electric swingman Ron Jason Buenafe, have a lot of newcomers but promise to be very competitive in their own dual tournament play in both the NCRAA and the UCAA, will unveil some tall and athletic forwards discovered in the Southern Tagalog, forward-center Jeff Lapitan might finally emerge, reportedly have an import or two standing 6-foot-4 or better

Number 12 Systems Technological Institute Manila

Season 6 NAASCU Finalist, Season 7 NAASCU champions; emergent NAASCU powerhouse, relies on one of the biggest nationwide school networks to discover new talents for the main varsity, lost African import Rasta Akwalifu to UAAP team National University, veteran tough guys Ramon Mabayo and Mike Cabangon set to return for one more season, have a good recruiting class that will stick together and grow together

Number 13 National University

Battle-tested veterans and an ever-improving roster; lose sharpshooter Jon Fernandez and bull-strong center Raymond Aguilar, may have former STI African recruit Akwalifu ready for the UAAP, still have a solid core in Edwin Asoro, Jonathan Jahnke, Chris Catamora, Jewel Ponferada and Michael Luy, capable of beating any team in any close game, need to find more will and heart especially when they give up a lead or are down big

Number 14 University of Santo Tomas

Mystery team who did not participate in any of the summer tournaments, their core guys all saw action in the last PBL conference all the way up to the championship series; still have a very potent core group with reigning UAAP MVP Jervy Cruz, Dylan Ababou, Japs Cuan, Kashim Mirza, gunner Phil Allera and underrated forward Mark Canlas; added at least three more gunners in newcomers Jeric Fortuna, Clark Bautista and “veteran rookie” Carlos Fenequito

Number 15 San Sebastian College Recoletos

Fell victim to opening day jinx as they lost to a smaller and unheralded Perpetual University team 60-55, couldn’t get anything going, played stiff and tentative, were not able to maximize their size advantage, allowed the Altas guards to dissect their defense and find their range

Joescoundrel
07-03-2008, 01:45 AM
^ Dunno what the BTV rankings look like but this is what we submitted to them. We just took into account the NCAA opening day performances, so basically the movements up there are based on those games.

amdgc82
07-03-2008, 09:14 AM
http://www.btv.com.ph/powerrankings/index.php

PCC Power Rankings
June 30 - July 6 2008

Metro Manila

Rank* * *School
1 San Beda Red Lions (NCAA)
Previous Rank - 3
- phenomenal debut in the NCAA opening weekend.
- mauled the Cardinals by 29 pts and led by as many as 32 pts and shot 58 percent from the field. Made their mark as the team to beat.
- NCAA allowed 6-foot-5 Power Forward Jake Pascual to play for the season bolstering their frontline.
- Pascual seems as good as advertised. And their veterans really seem a lot better

2* UE Red Warriors (UAAP)
Previous Rank - 1
- 2008 Fil-oil/Flying V Preseason champs
- Features athletic and savvy players who have embraced a simple yet effective system with lightning-quick pace tipped to deliver a strong start due to its impressive pre-season performance
- Not as tall as before but plays with more intelligence and discipline

3 ADMU Blue Eagles (UAAP)
Previous Rank - 2
- 2008 Nike Summer League champion
- 2007 Collegiate National Championship champs
- Their dedication to defense should be the key to a championship run and a memorable final year for Chris Tiu
- Impressive rookies

4 DLSU Green Archers (UAAP)
Previous Rank - 4
- Defending UAAP champs
- 2 of the country’s best, Rico Maierhofer and JV Casio will return to defend their title best defense in the country
- Underrated rookies made a lot of noise in the summer and should be more productive

5 FEU Tamaraws (UAAP)
Previous Rank - 5
- 3rd place – Nike Summer League
- considered as an early UAAP favorite for its seasoned lineup
- Team has finally come together led by talented swingman JR Cawaling and forward Mac Baracael
- Excellent provincial recruiting
- Will be tough to stop with their ability to find points from just about every player on the roster

6 CSJL Knights (NCAA)
Previous Rank - 8
- debuted impressively
- The win over JRU shows that Louie Alas’ system works and main man RJ Jazul has more than enough help this year
- frontline Knights led the way with power forward Dina Daa leading the team with 20 points and 6-foot-6 center John Foronda held his own against NCAA All Star center James Sena

7 Adamson Falcons (UAAP)
Previous Rank - 10
- 2008 summer surprise package beating the likes of DLSU at the Nike Summer League, and FEU and ADMU at the Fil-oil Flying V tourney
- The return of coach Leo Austria along with star forward Mark Agustin’s comeback makes this squad a deadly opponent
Continues to get better

8 UST Growling Tigers (UAAP)
Previous Rank - 9
- Have gotten better thanks to heavy exposure in the PBL
- Mystery team that was quiet in the offseason
- Still a very potent core of UAAP MVP Jervy Cruz, Dylan Ababou, Japs Cuan, Kashim Mirza, Phil Allera and underrated Mark Canlas

9 JRU Heavy Bombers (NCAA)
Previous Rank - 6
- Disappointing NCAA Season 84 opening day as they bowed to the Letran Knights
- no other Bomber scored in double digits except for James Sena
- up-and-down campaign continues
- Consistency is in question

10 Mapua Cardinals (NCAA)
Previous Rank - 7
- Suffered a 29-point beating at the hands of SBC
- Kelvin Dela Pena struggled so did the whole team
- got exposed as a team that lives and dies on the long shot against the Red Lions

11 Arellano University Chiefs (NCRAA)
Previous Rank - 13
- Back-to-back NCRAA champs and Fr Martin tournament champs
- gave the renowned schools plenty of trouble in the preseason
- Core of Orlando Daroya, Dondon Rivera, Noy Del Rosario and Len Anquilo have what it takes to surprise some of the bigger teams who may not take them seriously

12 STI Olympians (NAASCU)
Previous Rank - 14
- Season 7 NAASCU champs
- Surprise 3rd place finish in last year’s Collegiate National Championship
- Veteran tough guys Ramon Mabayo and Mike Cabangon set to return for one more season
- Good recruiting class that will stick together and grow together

13 NU Bulldogs (UAAP)
Previous Rank - 12
- Battle-tested veterans and an ever-improving roster
- still have a solid core in Edwin Asoro, Jonathan Jahnke, Chris Catamora, capable of beating any team in any close game
- A very good team in the last few years, the only question that needs to be asked is, how bad do they want it?

14 Lyceum of the Philippines Pirates
Previous Rank - 15
- Ransacked two NCAA member-schools in the Nike Summer League and almost upset FEU in the quarters

15 University of Perpetual Help Altas (NCAA)
Previous Rank - -
Opening day win against a loaded San Sebastian team

Cebu Region

1 -- University of San Jose Jaguars
Won the summer league competitions quite handily.
Needs to toughen defense if it wants to capture CESAFI title.

2 -- Southwestern University Cobras
Won the runner-up position in the summer league.
Promises to make big run for the CESAFI title and regain previous years' glories

3 -- University of San Carlos Warriors
Always a big threat once CESAFI starts games.
Rookies are starting to understand systems in place.

4 -- University of Visayas Green Lancers
A surprise runner-up in last year's Collegiate Championship losing only to eventual champion Ateneo.

Howard the Duck
07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
ang dapat na nangyari nawala ang MIT at SSC sa rankings at pinalitan ng CSB at UPHD... at least SSC fell but MIT stayed put? What?

Schortsanitis
07-03-2008, 03:47 PM
What about if the people behind the PCCL rankings come up with something like a POINT SYSTEM? Like 1 point for a win, none for a loss. Or perhaps 2 points for a win, 1 point for a loss .....

Howard the Duck
07-03-2008, 05:59 PM
^sama mo na RPI ;D

speaking of RPI, considering there are no interleague games during the season, a good way of computing the RPI is via the results of all of the preseason games. does anyone have those? ;D

Sam Miguel
07-04-2008, 09:47 AM
What about if the people behind the PCCL rankings come up with something like a POINT SYSTEM? Like 1 point for a win, none for a loss. Or perhaps 2 points for a win, 1 point for a loss .....

Shorts, the BTV people do it in a more straightforward way: they take the individual rankings submitted by their panelists then do an inverse point system, i.e. Number 1 gets 15 points, Number 2 gets 14, 3 gets 13, all the way down to Number 15 who gets only 1 point. Everything is then just arithmetically collated.

As far as overall ranking and who deserves to be the real Number 1 team in college basketball I truly believe that it is the Lasalle Green Archers. Do not let the summer frustrations fool you - these Archers did not all of a sudden transform into Adamson or NU.

Over the last 10 years this is what Lasalle has accomplished: a 4-Peat from 1998-2001, two more championships in 2004 and 2007 (they are still defending UAAP champions), in the Finals in 2005, in the Final 4 in 2003 with a supposedly weak team, were it not for suspension could've been at least in the Finals in 2006 instead of Ateneo. They were also 2007 Fil-Oil and Nike champions coming off the suspension year. How's that for consistency? That can only mean that the Lasalle basketball program and the system is truly the best in the country.

Were it not for the arrival of Sam Ekwe and Pong Escobal in 2005 San Beda would very likely never have become NCAA champion, although in fairness they are now on course for a Grand Slam.

As far as the NCAA goes one might say the truly most consistent team the last 10 years would be the Letran Knights. They won championships in 1999, 2003 and 2005. They were in the Finals at least last season, in the Final 4 the season before as well.

UE over the last 10 years has been in the Finals only once and lost to Lasalle. Their great off-season success has yet to translate into UAAP success.

FEU in the UAAP has had the next best success behind Lasalle over the last 10 years with championships in 2003 and 2005, with a Finals appearance in between. They were in the Finals in 2000 (?) and in the Final 4 in 2001 and 2002 (?) if memory serves me.

In short Lasalle has proven it truly does have the best team, best program and best system in the country. And in any Power Ranking Lasalle and only Lasalle deserves to be Number 1.

LION
07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
If we include the performance of DLSU in the previous years (which basically means that consistency is the highest criteria), I agree that the Green Archers should be the number 1 ranked team. And we can put Letran in the number 2 position.

But the ranking is based on present performance, and the latest ranking covering the period June 30 - July 6 is truly reflective of the present situation. If DLSU and UE will dish out impressive performances this weekend, then SBC might slide down to No. 2 or 3.

bchoter
07-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Since we're including offseason games, should the game 'setting' of the game be considered as well? Any team can beat DLSU in the offseason but I seriously doubt if UP, this coming season, will have as much chance in the UAAP.

danny
07-04-2008, 03:13 PM
What is the methodology of the current power ranking?

This should be the first order of business. It appears that different panelists have different methods based entirely on their subjective perception of the different schools.

Was there a discussion among the proponents about the different Power Ranking models that could be used for the local scene?

danny
07-04-2008, 03:38 PM
I agree with Lion , Letran should be in Nuber 2 or even number 1 if based on consistency for the past 3 decades. Baste in no. 3 :)

oca
07-04-2008, 05:26 PM
This is a weekly ranking. That's how I understood it. Para que weekly ang updates?

So, after the initial ranking, the movements should be based on the performance of the teams for the preceeding week.

I agree with the opinion, kung 1 ang DLSU for "historical reasons", aba, 2 dapat ang Letran at nunca ilagay ko ang UE sa top 5.

Malinaw na weekly ang ranking, marapat bigyan ng malawak na latitute ang pinaka-unang list, but form thereon, performance for the given week ang malianw na basehan.

I have not made an opinion on the ranking per se. Opinion yan, I don't have much time para makipagtagisan ng kuro-kuro. Pero hindi opinyon ang pagiging weekly ranking nito.

Weekly!

Lunes, Martes, Miyerkules, Huwebes, Biyernes, Sabado, Linggo.

Hindi, 1990, 1991...2000, 2001...2006, 2007, 2008. ::) ::) ::)

Howard the Duck
07-04-2008, 07:12 PM
RPIs for NCAA teams:
CSJL = 1.000
CSB = .917
UPHSD = .875
JRU = .250
MIT = .125
SSC-R = .083

SBC and PCU's RPIs can't be computed yet since they've played only once

Sam Miguel
07-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Danny, in the end there were no rules set. As we can see everything is highly subjective. I would venture to say however that Lasalle still deserves that initial number 1 ranking given that Lasalle - at the least - is still the defending UAAP champion. And as Bchoter said it simply is not the same come UAAP season, something UE should know better than the rest of us. I noticed that at least the BASKETBOLISTA rankings did reflect some movement in Week 2 based on the NCAA opening day games.

The_Big_Cat
07-05-2008, 10:13 AM
^Yes. As I have stated in my earlier post. There should be a "point system" with regards to the PCCL rankings.
It's quite confusing. Different media institutions came out with their own rankings.

I would like to see "statistical points" beside the ranking para ma justify naman yung ranking na nakuha ng school.

D_I_A
07-05-2008, 09:14 PM
^Yes. As I have stated in my earlier post. There should be a "point system" with regards to the PCCL rankings.
It's quite confusing. Different media institutions came out with their own rankings.

I would like to see* "statistical points" beside the ranking para ma justify naman yung ranking na nakuha ng school.

di kaya kaya ala pang statistical points kasi tutal maiden year ng PCCL, siguro next season mas defined na..

danny
07-07-2008, 12:34 AM
di kaya kaya ala pang statistical points kasi tutal maiden year ng PCCL, siguro next season mas defined na..

We've got the statistics from this year's pre-season and and las yer's regular season. Why wait for next year?

Danny, in the end there were no rules set. As we can see everything is highly subjective. I would venture to say however that Lasalle still deserves that initial number 1 ranking given that Lasalle - at the least - is still the defending UAAP champion. And as Bchoter said it simply is not the same come UAAP season, something UE should know better than the rest of us. I noticed that at least the BASKETBOLISTA rankings did reflect some movement in Week 2 based on the NCAA opening day games.

Thanks Sam. La Salle or Letran? It does no matter. It's the statistical methodology that I'm really interested.

From where I'm coming from, the general expert opinion is actually a contrary indicator. This suggests that experts are trend followers who may be "victims" of contagion. That's why numbers and methodology with "proven predictive power" play bigger roles in eliminating the random noise.

For now, since there is really no or minimal incentive for the panelists to do this, I can suspend judgement. I'm hoping that eventually gameface/basketbolista panelists will take the lead in making the local Power Rankings as objective as possible.

I don't care about the rest of the experts beyond gameface. Para que pang andito ang mga matitinik mag-isip. :)

franz_inwurdz
07-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Weekly!

Lunes, Martes, Miyerkules, Huwebes, Biyernes, Sabado, Linggo.

Hindi, 1990, 1991...2000, 2001...2006, 2007, 2008. ::) ::) ::)

Amen. I was expecting this set-up also. There will be times higher rank ang lower seeded teams(or previously expected na mahihina na teams) kasi sila ang mainit during the week.

The power rankings should make it a point to consider heavily the winning teams last week, they should move a noch or two in the power rankings. Otherwise every year na lang natin ilabas ang power rankings o every decade.

Now, what happens to the movement of the top caliber teams not playing right now? Lyceum, Arellano and the non-manila teams?

Expecting power rankings to focus on games every week. Ergo, these teams will move down eventually. paano yun?
However, i'd rather have such problems, than creating a weekly power rankings that only moves a bit every year, and major movements every decade.

At the end, the power rankings is doing it's objective. creating a buzz, and making everybody a bit more excited than last year. ;D

Joescoundrel
07-07-2008, 12:03 PM
^ Buzz is what its really all about.

The PCCL is in its maiden run and every body is still more focused on the UAAP and NCAA more than in the PCCL. These rankings are indeed meant more to generate interest and debate at this point, rather than be a true statistical indicator of how good / bad teams are on a week by week scheme.

When the Sweet 16 of the PCCL gets going in November then I believe we will finally get a more accurate gauge of how good / bad every team is against the other. For now going by say a simplified PARBS (points assists rebounds blocks steals) collation might not really reflect how good / bad teams are performing.

A good example would be the Ateneo-Lasalle games. Because of the overall "rivalry" thingie it seems a little iffy looking at these games simply in basketball terms. Over the last 10 years Lasalle has clearly been the better team - something highlighted by the good folks over at ABS CBN Sports in the intro to yesterday's game. Ateneo won - does that make it an upset? Or was that to be expected? Is Lasalle really not the old powerhouse Lasalle teams of previous seasons as seen in other rankings that have Ateneo higher than Lasalle?

Schortsanitis
07-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Shorts, the BTV people do it in a more straightforward way: they take the individual rankings submitted by their panelists then do an inverse point system, i.e. Number 1 gets 15 points, Number 2 gets 14, 3 gets 13, all the way down to Number 15 who gets only 1 point. Everything is then just arithmetically collated.

As far as overall ranking and who deserves to be the real Number 1 team in college basketball I truly believe that it is the Lasalle Green Archers. Do not let the summer frustrations fool you - these Archers did not all of a sudden transform into Adamson or NU.

Over the last 10 years this is what Lasalle has accomplished: a 4-Peat from 1998-2001, two more championships in 2004 and 2007 (they are still defending UAAP champions), in the Finals in 2005, in the Final 4 in 2003 with a supposedly weak team, were it not for suspension could've been at least in the Finals in 2006 instead of Ateneo. They were also 2007 Fil-Oil and Nike champions coming off the suspension year. How's that for consistency? That can only mean that the Lasalle basketball program and the system is truly the best in the country.*

Were it not for the arrival of Sam Ekwe and Pong Escobal in 2005 San Beda would very likely never have become NCAA champion, although in fairness they are now on course for a Grand Slam.

As far as the NCAA goes one might say the truly most consistent team the last 10 years would be the Letran Knights. They won championships in 1999, 2003 and 2005. They were in the Finals at least last season, in the Final 4 the season before as well.

UE over the last 10 years has been in the Finals only once and lost to Lasalle. Their great off-season success has yet to translate into UAAP success.*

FEU in the UAAP has had the next best success behind Lasalle over the last 10 years with championships in 2003 and 2005, with a Finals appearance in between. They were in the Finals in 2000 (?) and in the Final 4 in 2001 and 2002 (?) if memory serves me.

In short Lasalle has proven it truly does have the best team, best program and best system in the country. And in any Power Ranking Lasalle and only Lasalle deserves to be Number 1.

Sam, if you take DLSU's performance in the regular season, then definitely they will rank higher than the other teams out there.

This thing could also be statistically reflected, though, by giving victories in regular season games higher win-loss points than pre-season games. For example, 1.5 points for win for regular season games, 0.5 for losses as compared to only 1 point for a win and 0 for a loss in pre-season games.

However, I have reservations about putting one or two tournaments higher than the others. I think we should look as consistency, regardless of which tournaments they are in. A raised point system for regular season tournaments will only deepen the impression that pre-season tournaments are "less" than regular season tournaments. That's just my opinion, of course.

Besides, before anybody forget, the cash prizes in pre-season tournaments are much higher than the regular season tournaments. Remember than UE won about P400k in prizes in the pre-season, P300k in the Fil-Oil, P100k in the NSL. Even if they lose in the regular season, they will end up crying on the way to the bank.

Howard the Duck
07-07-2008, 11:05 PM
NCAA RPI going into wednesday's games:
LC 1.000
UPHSD .792
CSB .681
JRU .500
MIT .458
SBC .375
PCU .250
SSC-R .083

it appears that LC encountered the "toughest" schedule yet (since they faced then undefeated CSB which then faced a then undefeated UPHSD)

UAAP RPI going into thursday's games:
ADMU .750
UE .750
NU .750
ADU .500

batangueño
07-11-2008, 12:30 PM
UE regains top spot in latest PCC rankings
Written by Jonas Terrado
ubelt.com (http://ubelt.com/blogs/jonasterrado/viewpost.aspx?id=772)

University of the East regained top spot in the third installment of the 2008 Philippine Collegiate Championship Power Rankings.

The Red Warriors got the upper hand in the latest rankings after trouncing University of Santo Tomas, 78-72, to jumpstart their 71st UAAP season campaign last Saturday at the Araneta Coliseum.

The Dindo Pumaren-coached team was handed as the top collegiate squad in Metro Manila during the first week but dropped to second place in the second poll results.

Placing second in the top 15 list is Ateneo de Manila, who defeated arch-rival De La Salle last Sunday. The Blue Eagles improved from their third place showing a week ago.

The long rest of recent top team San Beda College has sent them down to third place this week while Colegio de San Juan de Letran climbed from sixth to fourth position after winning their first two games of the season.

La Salle’s defeat to Ateneo dropped them to fifth, Far Eastern University came in at sixth, UST went to seventh place, while NCAA host Mapua Institute of Technology took eight spot, up two from the previous week, while Adamson fell to ninth from seventh.

The surprising College of Saint Benilde went into the top 15 for the first time with a number 10 ranking, while two-time NCRAA champion Arellano University, Jose Rizal University, NAASCU titlist STI College, Lyceum of the Philippines, and UAAP opening day winner University of the Philippines round out the list.

The weekly power rankings were done through an initiative by Solar Sports and Basketball TV before the scheduled Philippine Collegiate Championship in November. A group of sportswriters, selected from various newspaper and internet publications, and analysts were asked to submit their rankings each week.

PCC Power Rankings for Metro Manila (Week 3):

1. University of the East (UAAP)
2. Ateneo de Manila University (UAAP)
3. San Beda College (NCAA)
4. Colegio de San Juan de Letran (NCAA)
5. De La Salle University (UAAP)
6. Far Eastern University (UAAP)
7. University of Santo Tomas (UAAP)
8. Mapua Institute of Technology (NCAA)
9. Adamson University (UAAP)
10. College of Saint Benilde (NCAA)
11. Arellano University (NCRAA)
12. Jose Rizal University (NCAA)
13. STI College (NAASCU)
14. Lyceum of the Philippines University
15. University of the Philippines (UAAP)

Howard the Duck
07-11-2008, 01:08 PM
talo nga kami pero tumaas pa rin ang ranking ;D

nastrans
07-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Arellano hindi naglalaro tumaas ang ranking.

Howard the Duck
07-13-2008, 09:26 AM
dapat top 3 na kami at nanalo na kami :P

D_I_A
07-13-2008, 02:41 PM
dapat top 3 na kami at nanalo na kami* :P

pano ba nila ginawa itong rankings na ito?

Howard the Duck
07-13-2008, 06:36 PM
i'd expect LS to be ranked higher than us :P

ateneo naman ang #1 unless SBC wins by 50 points on monday

Howard the Duck
07-14-2008, 04:21 PM
it'll be a travesty if SBC gets to ranked 3rd or higher on the next release :o

The_Big_Cat
07-14-2008, 06:07 PM
it'll be a travesty if SBC gets to ranked 3rd or higher on the next release* :o

No. It will not.
Only UE and San Sebastian has beaten San Beda in the pre-season if you based on team-to-team basis and include pre-season games.

LION
07-14-2008, 06:36 PM
it'll be a travesty if SBC gets to ranked 3rd or higher on the next release* :o

No. It will not.
Only UE and San Sebastian has beaten San Beda in the pre-season if you based on team-to-team basis and include pre-season games.

No bearing game pa yung against SSC.

Howard the Duck
07-14-2008, 07:18 PM
actually on second thought since SBC is among the three undefeated teams, i'm expecting it to be at most #3. they were taken to OT by SSC. whilst LC blew out PCU. Ateneo should be #1 since they beat #2 UE.

that is if we're taking into account the results of this week exclusively.

heck, here's my top 10

1 ADMU
2 LC
3 SBC
4 DLSU
5 UE
6 UST
7 MIT
8 SSC-R
9 ADU
10 token non-UAAP/NCAA team
11 UP
12 token non-UAAP/NCAA team
13 token non-UAAP/NCAA team
14 PCU
15 NU

Sam Miguel
07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
From BASKETBOLISTA ---

FOURTH NCR POWER RANKINGS

By JOSEPH W BUDUAN, BASKETBOLISTA

Number 1 Letran College

RJ Jazul is averaging over 20 points per game over three games and the Knights are now 3-0 and on top of the NCAA; center John Foronda and forward Alvyn Cabonce have emerged as breakout players this season, they have made Letran fans forget about Bryan Faundo and Miko Quinday, play the best defense in the NCAA and can play at any tempo

Number 2 Ateneo De Manila

Have won three straight in one of the most balanced UAAP tournaments in recent memory and show no signs of letting up; Chris Tiu has been playing the savior’s role, Yuri Escueta has emerged as the best perimeter defender in the UAAP, shut down JV Casio, Jeric Canada and James Martinez in critical end-game situations, Raba Al-Hussaini is this season’s Ford Arao with his improved jump hook and ability to fill up the lane

Number 3 San Beda College

Ripped Mapua by 29 points on the opening day of NCAA Season 84, led by as much as 32 points at one point in the game, dominated all statistical areas and just plain imposed their will, NCAA decided to allow 6-foot-5 power forward Jake Pascual to play for the season bolstering their frontline, guard Borgie Hermida seems set to have a breakout season

Number 4 Mapua Institute of Technology

Now at 4-1 behind the MVP play of team leader Kelvin Dela Pena, slowly regaining his range and his trigger; power forward Neil Pascual and swingman Ian Mazo have been very able sidekicks in their 4-game winning streak, Leo Isaac may have finally found the right buttons to push for these Cardinals

Number 5 University of the East

Unraveled against Ateneo and once again succumbed to the “choker” label; needed Jay Jahnke to melt down before subduing National University, shooters are working well but the frontline needs to find some end to end consistency, sometimes they’re great sometimes they’re forgettable, still have the best athletes in the UAAP

Number 6 De La Salle University

Not the powerhouse La Salle team of old but still play the same old brand of tough La Salle basketball; creamed FEU as JV Casio exploded with 29 points and Rico Maeirhofer ruled the interior with 11 points, 17 rebounds and three assists, against the tall and athletic FEU frontline that was really saying something

Number 7 Far Eastern University

Showed their lack of intelligence against La Salle, couldn’t finish in the end-game against one of the best teams in the country; have a whole roster full of talented athletes at every position but still can’t get it done against the better teams, will wallop the weaker teams but questions persist about their ability to win big in the big games

Number 8 Arellano University

Number 9 Emilio Aguinaldo College Manila

Number 10 STI College Manila

Number 11 University of Santo Tomas

Totally beat the stuffing out of UP; got 20 points from Dylan Ababou and 15 from Jervy Cruz, Cruz may not have gotten the numbers but he was still totally dominant against the smaller Fighting Maroons, rookie guard Jeric Fortuna had a breakout game scoring 10 first quarter points to start the UST breakaway

Number 12 College of St Benilde

Now 2-2 but have kept all of their games close; RJ Jazul had to carry Letran in their game and that could have easily turned into a win leaving the Blazers at 3-1 instead of 2-2, it was the same story for in their loss to JRU, their defense has improved but the guards have to become more consistent, particularly Angelo Montecastro

Number 13 Adamson University

Finally won a game even if it was against an NU team in a funk; comeback kid Mark Agustin had the best game of his UAAP career even before his ACL injury with 25 points and 10 rebounds, center Mike Galinato has rediscovered his the shooting form he displayed as a Mapua Red Robin, coach Leo Austria’s defense and motion offense are coming together well

Number 14 San Sebastian

Got a tough come from behind win against JRU and are feeling pretty good; got great games from veterans swingman Jim Viray and center Jason Ballesteros – Viray sank the winning trey against the Heavy Bombers, showed better ball movement and movement without the ball in their win, still have one of the best frontlines in the NCAA

Number 15 Jose Rizal University

JRU finally got a win – albeit a tough one – against the hard-fighting Blazers; James Sena is solidifying his claim to being the best homegrown center in the NCAA with steady showings in and around the low blocks, Mark Cagoco is running the offense with aplomb, still need to find some rhythm and consistency

Sam Miguel
07-14-2008, 10:27 PM
^^^ I cannot for the life of me figure out how all of that is playing out over with the Basketbolista folks. I know the rankings are all highly subjective - and it seems the top three teams are at least all undefeated. Still, surely there must be some kind of method to this. I note for instance that there is no movement for Arellano, STI and EAC, although that may be because their seasons haven't started yet.

Howard the Duck
07-15-2008, 12:30 AM
as much as LC is doing well, i'd still give #1 to ateneo since they've beaten the #2 team. LC beaten a winless team in PCU ;D

Wang-Bu
07-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Sa ganang akin naman ay hindi ko mawari ang "choker" na 'yan. Malakas na koponan ang Ateneo at hindi naman siguro masasabing dinadaga ang kalaban kapag natalo ng malakas. Para na din nilang sinabing "choker" din pala ang Adamson at Lasalle na kapwa tinalo din ng Ateneo.

evil_fish
07-15-2008, 09:09 PM
UST at no. 11???? Too much disrespect for the boys from Espana. ::)

Wang-Bu
07-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Sir evil_fish sa ganang akin ang nakikita kong problema sa rankings ng BASKETBOLISTA hindi kasi nagalaw ang tatlong koponan, STI ng NAASCU, Arellano ng NCRAA at EAC ng UCAA, kaya nabalalak kayo sa pang-11. Pero siempre 1-1 pa rin naman talaan ng Tigers kaya malay naman natin, baka dahilan din 'yon.

Howard the Duck
07-20-2008, 10:51 PM
i'm expecting UE to be off the top 5 on the next release

CSB will fall off completely

The_Big_Cat
07-21-2008, 10:11 AM
I see UE dropping out of the top 5 with two losses already and FEU replacing them.

Howard the Duck
07-22-2008, 11:25 AM
kapag tumaas pa ang rank ng UST ewan ko na lang :P

LION
07-22-2008, 03:27 PM
If SBC eventually forfeits the game against CSB, will it affect the standings of both teams? Kasama ba yan sa power rankings?

SBC will be demoted and CSB promoted? ;D

The_Big_Cat
07-22-2008, 04:00 PM
^I don't think so.

Alam naman nila na ang laro ginagawa sa basketball court at hindi sa boardroom. ;D

LION
07-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I think you are right. The people behind the rankings are not named Atayde, Supan and Lozano. ;D

Howard the Duck
07-23-2008, 10:31 PM
so if ateneo loses either of their games this week does this mean LC is the new #1 by default?

or will they apply the "stronger league" argument? it's not as if Ateneo's in the pac-10 and letran's in the Mountain west so...

danny
07-26-2008, 02:47 AM
UST at no. 11???? Too much disrespect for the boys from Espana.* ::)

Hindi naman siguro. Siguro kung mananalo kayo sa Sunday, baka mag-improve.

Di bale, rankings lang yan.

nicksy
07-26-2008, 12:15 PM
POWER RANKINGS
(for July 21-27, 2008)

1.) Ateneo de Manila University Blue Eagles
* remains unbeaten
* could have the most talented starting frontline in College basketball

2.) San Beda College Red Lions
* Had a tough game against the Stags but breezed their way against the Blazers to remain undefeated in the NCAA

3.) Colegio San Juan de Letran Knights
* RJ Jazul is averaging over 20 points per game and the Knights are now 5-0

4.) De La Salle Green Archers
* After posting 3 straight wins, the Archers are poised to move up even more as Franz Pumaren further develops his bench
* Veteran Forwards PJ Barua and James Mangahas are stepping up

5.) Far Eastern University Tamaraws
* are 2-0 this week and are slowly living up to the preseason hype
* Benedict Fernandez shows he may have what it takes to be the next Tamaraw guard sensation

6.) University of the East Red Warriors
* suffered an upset against Adamson
* Paul Lee's absence has continued to slow them down

7.) Mapua Institute of Technology Cardinals
* will face league leader Letran in their next assignment

8.) Adamson University Falcons
* scored a big win against UE
* Coach Leo Austria knows the strengths of his team and when they shoot well, they’re tough

9.) University of Sto. Tomas Growling Tigers
* suffered tough losses against FEU and DLSU
* starting guard Japs Cuan is injured

10.)Jose Rizal University Heavy Bombers
* demolished Perpetual Help with a 17 point win
* tough to beat when Mark Cagoco plays well
* Needs consistency

11.) Arellano University Chiefs

12.) STI Olympians

13.) San Sebastian College Stags
* needs to execute and finish strong

14.) Lyceum of the Philippines Pirates

15.) Emilio Aguinaldo College Generals

-http://www.collegiatechampionsleague.net/rankings.html

nicksy
07-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Question.
how will San Beda's Forfeiture affect the Rankings?

Expectations:
1.) surely JRU will shoot up in the next rankings
2.)San Beda will slightly decline.
3.) Baste will also gain a higher position
4.)Mapua will also decline
5.)there will be a battle of BLUEs in the top spot (Ateneo & Letran)

The_Big_Cat
07-26-2008, 01:13 PM
The top 5 teams are still FEU, Letran, Ateneo, La Salle and San Beda.

nicksy
07-26-2008, 01:18 PM
nicksy, tama ba yung date: June 21- 27 ?
Opening ng NCAA June 28 diba.

thanks for the clarification, it is July my friend, just a typo on the site.
thanks

john_paul_manahan
07-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Question.
how will San Beda's Forfeiture affect the Rankings?

the loss against the bombers will affect them. as for the one vs csb, it won't matter.

nicksy
07-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Updated Power Ranking:

http://www.collegiatechampionsleague.net/rankings.html

the Date was not change, the date should be July 28-Aug .

Howard the Duck
08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I wonder if FEU will be #1 on week 7 :D

The_Big_Cat
08-02-2008, 03:23 PM

I think they will, if they win tomorrow and end up 6-1 after round 1.

juliusports
08-04-2008, 10:00 AM
GAME RESULT AS OF August 3, 2008

ZAMBOANGA SIBUGAY BASKETBALL COACHES ASSOCIATION

Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay PCCL qualifying tournament:

1st Game Aurello Mendoza Memorial College (AMMC) VS. Marian College

AMMC - 75

Balugay 16, Lawas 16, Mabida 11, Revilla 10, Dumaboc 9, Dumagat 4, Beup 4, Gomonit 3, Hasim 2, Capala 0, Oxino 0

Marian - 72

Hechanova 26, Arevalo 22, Dullah 6, Aballe 5, Limba 5, Estrao 4, Sagun 2, Tabo tabo 2, Arlie 0, Pacilan 0, Lagudas 0

1st Qtr. 2nd Qtr. 3rd Qtr. 4thQtr. Final
21-16 15-23 16-16 20-20 75-72

2nd Game KIT VS. ZTI

KIT-Kabasalan - 111

Comique 20, Capuno 15, Basinillo 12, Balili 12, Santos 12, Arani 8, Estrera 6,
Verjino 6, Aurello 6, Alison 4, Mosqueda 4, Sason 2, Babiera 2, Sumatra 2, Avenido 0

ZTI - 69

Tarucan 28, Turno 16, Villanueva 11, Villaespin 8, Tolentino 4, Pal-laya 2, Refugio 0,
Duarte 0, Sadagnot 0, Turno 0

26-14 34-17 36-24 25-14 111-69

3rd Game STII (Sibugay Technical Institute Inc.) VS. St. John College-Buug

STII - Winner by Forfeit (Default)

4th Game UZ (Universidad de Zamboanga – Ipil) VS. Medina College

UZ-Ipil - 74

Bolina 13, Trajico 11, Allera 10, Cruz 10, Carballo 7, Alayon 7, Virrey 6,
Tocao 4, Cenas 4, Evedientes 2, Abdulgani 0, Tuden 0, Espiritu 0, Fabela 0

Medina College - 62

Alfad 17, Izon 14, Dadjilul 10, Calabroso 8, Kurais 4, Asadil 3, Maquilan 2,
Buenaventura 2, Ismaluddin 2, Sanrojo 0, Daud 0, Gaudicos 0, Saladani 0, Largo 0

18-6 18-22 18-18 20-18 74-62

Next Schedule:

August 10, 2008 Sunday

8:00 am ZTI Vs. AMMC

10:00am UZ Vs. SJC

1:00pm STII Vs. KIT

3:00pm MARIAN Vs. MEDINA

Howard the Duck
08-05-2008, 02:36 AM

I think they will, if they win tomorrow and end up 6-1 after round 1.

hala sino na ang #1 ngayon :D

baka SBC na since they've beaten the #2 team.

the team (FEU) that beat the #1 team (ADMU) got beat by a team at the bottom of the standings (NU) kasi

LION
08-05-2008, 07:39 AM
kagulo na sa rankings. ;D

The_Big_Cat
08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Can two teams share the same rank in the PCCL rankings?
How will the PCCL determine who is above who when four schools have the same win-loss record?

With four schools having the same 5-2 records: San Beda & JRU in the NCAA while FEU & La Salle in the UAAP.
And two schools with the same 6-1 records: Letran in the NCAA and Ateneo in the UAAP.

Kaya importante sana kung may POINT SYSTEM ang PCCL.

nicksy
08-06-2008, 10:33 PM
check out the latest release of the PCCL Power Ranking (Metro Manila):

D_I_A
08-08-2008, 09:43 AM
check out the latest release of the PCCL Power Ranking (Metro Manila):

sana ayusin na rin yung rankings sa mga regional and provincial leagues like in Cebu, Baguio, Davao, Panay, Negros, Bohol, Zamboanga, Southern and Central Luzon and the Bicol Region para at least medyo nakikita na kung sino yung mga pwedeng pumasok sa Sweet Sixteen

juliusports
08-11-2008, 10:16 AM
ZSBCA-COLLEGIATE TOURNAMENT
IPIL ZAMBOANGA SIBUGAY
As of August 10, 2008

1ST GAME

ZTI - 86

Turno 27,* b. Turno 22,* Tarucan* 16,* Villanueva 10,* Tolentino* 6,* Villaespin 5

AMMC - 75

* * * * * * * * Balugay 23,* Lawas 17,* Mabeda 16,* Revilla 5, Gumonit 5,* Dumaboc 4,
* * * * * * * * Beup* 3, Oxenio 2

1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr. 4th Qtr. Final
18-23 21-19 29-15 18-18 86-75

2nd GAME – UZ winner by forfeit over St. John College

3rd GAME

KIT - 95

Comique* 23,* Aurelio* 19,* Alison 15,* Basinillo* 9,* Capuno* 8,* Sumatra* 7
Berjeño* 6,* Estrera* 4,* Balili* 2,* Santos* 2,* Arani* 0,* Avenido* 0

STII - 92

Tarucan* 19,* Rocamora* 15,* Tacay* 14,* Rojas* 13,* Albrecht* 13,* Ruiz* 10
Dagoc* 8,* Bandrang* 0,* Dacula* 0,* Leyson* 0,* Mijares* 0

22-18 31-37 19-20 23-17 95-92

4th GAME

MEDINA - 99

Alfad* 36,* Dadjijul* 16,* Kurais* 14,* Largo* 11,* Calabroso* 11,* Asadil* 5
Izon* 5,* Buenaventura 2,* *Daud* 0,* Gaudicos* 0,* Ismaluddin* 0

MARIAN - 94

Hechanova* 33,* Arevalo* 18,* Aballe* 12,* Limba* 10,* Estrao* 10,* Tabo2x* 6
Dullah* 4,* Areño* 1,* Pacilan* 0,* Sagun* 0,* Acuesta* 0,* yusop* 0

24-16 19-17 31-20 25-41 99-94

;D ::) ??? :'( :)

Sam Miguel
08-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Can two teams share the same rank in the PCCL rankings?
How will the PCCL determine who is above who when four schools have the same win-loss record?

With four schools having the same 5-2 records: San Beda & JRU in the NCAA while FEU & La Salle in the UAAP.
And two schools with the same 6-1 records: Letran in the NCAA and Ateneo in the UAAP.

Kaya importante sana kung may POINT SYSTEM ang PCCL.

If it were just up to me I'd rather NOT have any ties in the rankings as well. Purely subjectively, I think it would be best if the person making the ranking on his own just breaks the tie however he sees fit, as long as there are NO TIES.

He might go for Big Cat's point system, or something subjective, like say quality of most recent win. I know, not perfect, but at least it might help prevent ties.

The_Big_Cat
08-12-2008, 12:51 PM
The JRU Heavy Bombers currently holds the longest streak in college basketball this season at 7 games.
So, expect them to barge at the top 2 spots for the next rankings.

D_I_A
08-14-2008, 07:30 PM
UNC on top in Collegiate Regionals
spacer

University of Nueva Caceres has posted seven straight wins to stay on top of the fourth Naga City Intercollegiate Basketball League which features teams from Quezon and the Bicol provinces.

Tied for second place with identical 5-2 records are Ateneo de Naga and University of Sta. Isabel.

In Region 6 (Leyte and Samar), Western Leyte Colleges and Eastern Visayas State University are showing the way in the 10-team field.

Capitol University is riding on a three-game winning streak to pace the Cagayan de Oro Students Athletic Association tournament in Region 7 covering Cagayan de Oro and Iligan. At second spot is De Oro Colleges-Phinma.

In Region 8 (Davao, Gen. Santos), the Duterte Basketball League got going with Emar College Red Horse and the Agro Industrial Foundation College Sailors taking the early lead.

Universidad de Zamboanga-Ipil and the Kabansalan Technical Institute, on the other hand, hurdled their first two assignments to show the way in the Zamboanga-Sibugay

Basketball Association tournament in Region 9 (Zamboanga provinces).

The teams are taking part in the first phase of the Smart-Champions League 2008 Philippine Collegiate Championship.

League winners will advance to the regional, zonal and the final phase, the "Sweet 16" Final Challenge in Manila.

gameface_one
08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Basketbolista PCCL Power Rankings for NCR and Cebu now posted in the homepage.

chinito_guy
09-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I think may weekly posting ng PowerRankings in Metro Manila sa BTV, kac ryt now gaya ng St.Claire nangunguna sa NAASCU followed by AMA, pero this week i believe mababago nnman iyon

-insane-
09-08-2008, 07:23 PM
ang gulo hehehe malalaman na natin yan pag natapos na ung mga league

Get_Blazed
09-09-2008, 08:39 PM
[font=Verdana]ZSBCA-COLLEGIATE TOURNAMENT
IPIL ZAMBOANGA SIBUGAY..

Please post this in the appropriate thread, if not available, please create one in the "Other Hardcore Leagues" sub-forum. Please abide and refrain from posting off-topic messages/news again. :)

abcdef
10-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Any updates?

sampaloc kid
11-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Any updates?

NU Bulldogs ang mag chachampeon sa 2010 PCCL bu sweep.

Bulldog Power !
Lets Go NU !!!

duphaR007
11-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Any updates?

Bulldog Power !
Lets Go NU !!!

di pa nga nagsisimula CHAMPEON na?

ok sige ayos! palakpakan! CHAMPEON ang NU sa PCCL

kerouac82
11-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Puwede na pala maglaro ang wala sa UAAP lineup sa PCCL?

Baka sa Champeons League, puwede.

oca
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Any updates?

Bulldog Power !
Lets Go NU !!!

ano bago sa line-up niyo sa pccl?

sampaloc kid
11-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Any updates?

Bulldog Power !
Lets Go NU !!!

ano bago sa line-up niyo sa pccl?

di pa seret. hulaan nyo.

Spikermike
11-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Nakaka-aliw ang isang baguhan dito sa gameface.ph forums..
..and he thinks people are taking him seriously bwahahahaha!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

abcdef
11-01-2010, 09:19 PM
ref warning nman. . . .please. . . .

gameface_one
11-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Any updates?

Bulldog Power !
Lets Go NU !!!

Hi sampaloc kid. Much as we encourage new members in gameface to make the forums active, we also encourage them to post with substance and intellect and not just repeat the posts not only in a specific thread or forum but also in other sub-forums as well.

Pls note that this differentiates the Gameface Forums from the other fora and sites so let's be consistent with the principles by which this site was built upon and that is to continue to propagate it with subtantial content from the members.

Pls read the Rules and be guided accordingly. Thanks.

anthony00
11-10-2010, 11:31 AM
any updates? wala bang nilabas na power rankings for this year? its already 11:27, sino kayang nanalo sa first game sa luzon-mm zonals?

m_14
11-11-2010, 02:24 AM
updates and scores on the luzon-mm zonals please?

salsa caballero
11-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Any updates?

Bulldog Power !
Lets Go NU !!!

Well, in fairness, kahit sino naman manalo sa PCCL sigurado ako by sweep. Prediction ko na rin yun ;-)

Hi sampaloc kid. Much as we encourage new members in gameface to make the forums active, we also encourage them to post with substance and intellect and not just repeat the posts not only in a specific thread or forum but also in other sub-forums as well.

Pls note that this differentiates the Gameface Forums from the other fora and sites so let's be consistent with the principles by which this site was built upon and that is to continue to propagate it with subtantial content from the members.

sampaloc kid
11-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Any updates?

Bulldog Power !
Lets Go NU !!!

pwede ba post mo score :-X

Well, in fairness, kahit sino naman manalo sa PCCL sigurado ako by sweep. Prediction ko na rin yun ;-)

Joescoundrel
11-19-2010, 08:56 AM
1. San Beda = Swept the entire season, only the end of the world will prevent them from becoming 2010 PCCL champions

2. Ateneo = Completed a UAAP grand slam against long odds this season, do not have the size but have proven they can beat San Beda

3. FEU = Have the UAAP MVP and ROY plus a still formidable frontline, might have something to prove after their UAAP Finals debacle

4. San Sebastian = Still know how to win games and still have two of the best players in college ball right now, but Ato Agustin will need to pull the coaching job of his life to win this

5. Adamson = Probably have the best coach in college ball now, built up some confidence with a strong UAAP showing

6. JRU = If Etame plays they will make noise, no Etame no chance

7. Mapua = Have a very experienced core but lack overall size, strong perimeter though, and they can all heat up and pile on points in bunches

8. Lasalle = Young roster will be tested, should be interesting to see how Dindo Pumaren approaches the tournament

9. NU = If the Season 73 roster is complete they will make noise, otherwise its 50-50

10. UE = Underachieved in Season 73, now have Rene Baena back to provide coaching credibility

oca
11-19-2010, 12:15 PM
SSC-R will most likely be without Abueva and Pascual. Ato Agustin is now head coach in the PBA and is not expected to coach here in the PCCL.

Ewan ko saan pupulutin ang Stags kung wala itong mga taong ito.

Joescoundrel
11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
^ Ka Oca, is this final? Calvin Abueva, Ronald Pascual and Ato Agustin are all gone from the San Sebastian program?
How the mighty have indeed fallen...

oca
11-19-2010, 08:50 PM
^ Ka Oca, is this final? Calvin Abueva, Ronald Pascual and Ato Agustin are all gone from the San Sebastian program?
How the mighty have indeed fallen...

In the case of the 2 players, confirmation will come at game time.

Just heard it from one source that these two players are no longer attending practices. Tried to get in touch with another person who can give me confirmation pero nagpalit na yata ng number at walang reply sa text ko.

Pero malapit na rin naman ang Nov 23/Tue when SSC-R plays AdU. Duon tiyak may confirmation. :D

BedanRoar
11-20-2010, 11:56 AM
baka gusto na nila tumalon sa PBA ???

lekiboy
11-20-2010, 11:57 AM
^ yan daw ang plano sabi ng bubuwit for the 2 via ato's stint in SMC...

crazybedan
11-20-2010, 09:38 PM
yan dapat binaban...tingnan mo yan ba ang ng aaral?nawala lang coach umalis na sa school!

LION
11-22-2010, 10:26 AM
DLSU vs. Letran today.

Papano yan, DLSU has an import. The genetically superior Ferdinand.

strife
11-22-2010, 02:10 PM
^ yan daw ang plano sabi ng bubuwit for the 2 via ato's stint in SMC...

tsk, tsk.. if indeed true.. local mercenaries... naaawa lang ako sa supporters ng baste na nabuhayan na ng kumpiyansa sa pagkapanalo nila last season at runner-up this season sa ncaa. ang dami nilang binigo.

franz_inwurdz
11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
ang dami nilang binigo.

basically, less than 1/4 of araneta. andami nun. ;D

Joescoundrel
11-22-2010, 02:54 PM
DLSU vs. Letran today.

Papano yan, DLSU has an import. The genetically superior Ferdinand.

Protesta na ito from Fr Lana! ;D

lekiboy
11-22-2010, 02:59 PM
36-24 end of 2ndQ- MIT over NU

atenean_blooded
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM

Bulldog Power !
Lets Go NU !!!

Wala lang.

6thmaninred
11-27-2010, 01:44 AM

Bulldog Power !
Lets Go NU !!!

Wala lang.

Wala na.

sampaloc kid
11-29-2010, 06:30 PM

Bulldog Power !
Lets Go NU !!!

Wala lang.

Wala na.

hmmm. champeons kayo :????? :D

kuzma1313
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
NU, wala na kasi wala na c parks....back to basic nalang kau.... la salle is the team to beat pa rin....

atenean_blooded
11-30-2010, 03:31 AM
hmmm. champeons kayo :????? :D

Defending champion.

2 titles.

Kayo?