PDA

View Full Version : UAAP Season 71 Game 1: DLSU Green Archers vs. ADMU Blue Eagles

bigfreeze_bibby
06-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Since the game thread is already up in ap.com, I might as well start the game thread on the Archers' first game on July 6. All game discussions and strategies for our basketball fanatics can be placed on this thread.

animo_mapuan
06-26-2008, 07:12 PM
aral muna kayo.midterms na un. ;D ;D

The_Big_Cat
06-27-2008, 09:49 AM
I am not familiar with the UAAP record but I think La Salle has not lost an opening game for a number of years now.

joelex
06-27-2008, 11:21 AM
IIRC, dlsu lost to admu in their opening game in 2004.

nel
06-27-2008, 01:06 PM
History's nice, but the odds are not in our favor when we face the Blue Eagles in our first game, for a number of reasons:

Injuries: JV, Simon, and Marko are coming off injuries and may not be in shape. It's not certain that JV or Simon will be ready by next week. In contrast, the Blue Eagles are healthy and injury-free.
Guard rotation: Simon is our primary pg, with LA coming off the bench. JV may also pull some pg duty, but the #1 spot is now considerably weaker with the departure of Ty. LA shows much promise, but he still has a lot to learn. The pre-season showed that the Archers struggle without a robust guard rotation. Ateneo's guard corps manhandled their counterparts in the last game which they won.
Ceiling: The Blue Eagles are arguably the tallest team in the league, while the Archers inside presence is still suspect. Rico does well when he plays, but is foul prone and therefore spends a lot of time on the bench. JWalsh has improved over last year, but has difficulty with the taller 5s like Jobe and Rabeh. Unless the Archers can successfully block out and gang rebound, it's going to be a long night for our bigs.
Preparation: The Blue Eagles went on a US training trip, while Franz had to split his time between his Phil Youth team duties and DLSU. The Archers have a lot of rookies who still have to fully adapt to the system, so the Archers game may not be where it was at the same time in past years.

That having been said, the ball is round, and it should be an interesting game. Now, if only we could find tickets for the game . . . . .

The_Big_Cat
06-27-2008, 02:35 PM
The Green Archers' advantage would have to be at the small forward and power forward spots against Ateneo.

James Mangahas and PJ Barua are on track for a breakout season and opening day is the best time to show it.
I see Rico as the emotional leader on the floor. Ateneo will have a hard time boxing out the much athletic Green Archer.

glock23
06-27-2008, 05:19 PM
this is just me, even if the archers are not a 100% on game day they show no fear and they fight till the end. It may be advantage eagles on paper but im not counting out a franz pumaren led Green Archers...Never! I dont know what franz tells them in the locker room before a game but when they storm out of the dug out you see the confidence and fire in their eyes. ANIMO LASALLE!!!

flsfnoeraekadad
06-29-2008, 02:31 AM
Our shooting has to click... ang dami nilang malalaking players!

They rely on Tiu so maybe we can do a box-1.

batangueño
06-30-2008, 09:44 AM
I hope that JV is OK by the time the Archers face the Eagles on Sunday. I think JV is the one who can really relied on by the team. His leadership and skills are very important for La Salle in every game that the team will be playing this coming season.

Now, supposing JV, Simon and Marko are not that OK by Sunday. Can LA, Bader and Rico take the responsibility of being starters or having more time on the floor? ???

GHRanger
06-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Bader and Rico are starters in last year's season. Peejay and Hyram got quality minutes during the off season and Rejan is still a good defensive option for the team. James has improved a lot during the off season. LA started some games in the Summer Leagues as well.

It's not a question of starters - its more of a question of relievers and finishers. Expect ample suffling of people and a mixture of the right combination of vets and rooks.

batangueño
06-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Kabayan and fellow Lasallian GHRanger and others here, the Archers may seem to be the underdogs in Sunday's match-up against Ateneo but we all have faith that they can overcome the odds that they are about to face. They have proven themselves in court for many years now and I am sure they can, again, prove themselves on Sunday. :)

LION
06-30-2008, 10:55 AM
DLSU is more dangerous when it is branded as the underdog team.

oca
06-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Eto na naman yang pa-underdog niyo ::).

Basta nariyan si Franz, laging llamado sa akin ang DLSU.

Sino dito ang pupusta sa kalaban, kahit sinong kalaban pa?

Wala di ba?

Paano naging underdog?

LION
06-30-2008, 07:03 PM
It's Franz who is keeping the DLSU team a finals contender this year.

Take away Franz and this year's Green Archers will not strike fear in the hearts of their opponents. And I am saying this with no intention of belittling the DLSU players' capabilities.

oca
06-30-2008, 08:59 PM
The premise with the "Franz Argument" is the line-up is competitive. That's the only thing Franz ask of his players. So, hindi natin minamaliit ang players. Given ang competitiveness when we say, "Si Franz na ang bahala.".

Ulitin ko, sino ang pupusta sa kalaban ng Archers?

Tapos sasabihin niyong underdog! ::)

mighty_lion
06-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Ako willing mag-risk ng pustahan. UE, wag lang sa F4 and Finals.

flsfnoeraekadad
06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Malakas talaga ang Ateneo.

oca
06-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Ako willing mag-risk ng pustahan. UE, wag lang sa F4 and Finals.

Oo nga noh... Pero di ako tatanggap ng pusta pag UE na ang kalaban...... sa elims. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pero may napansin ako.

Just as the elimination sweepers last sporting calendar failed to win the games that mattered most, e.g. New England, Hapee and UE, this season we have the Celtics and Spain winning after 2 and 3 decades of futility. Panahon na kaya ito ng UE?

Teka nasa DLSU forum pala ako....sorry po. ;D

christian
06-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Pa OT lang mga kapatid, while at work kanina coach Norman walked in and bought some parts, and then after an hour or so, here comes coach Franz walking in! Hehehe! Sayang hindi nag abot :) I even joked coach Franz about coach Norman.

GHRanger
07-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Pareng Oca, Salamat sa iyong assessment. Pero di kaya baka kailangan 'tong label para mas maganda odds sa pustahan... hahahaha.

ArcherAdictant
07-02-2008, 04:54 PM
In spite of the injuries, expect La Salle to do their best and give all they got, like what they always do.
Animo LaSalle!

flsfnoeraekadad
07-03-2008, 01:43 AM
ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

GreenArrows
07-03-2008, 10:17 AM
One thing is for sure, regardless of who wins this game, it won't settle any issue. There is still the second round. "What matters is not how you start, but how you finish" - Coach Franz in early September 2007.

ArcherAdictant
07-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Beat Ateneo, Animo LaSalle!

Bruticus
07-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Ateneo won over DLSU 79-73, in one tight contest. Poor free throw shooting did the Archers in.

batangueño
07-07-2008, 12:26 AM
GAME TWO (07/06/2008): Ateneo Blue Eagles def. De La Salle Green Archers, 79-73.

The meeting of the greatest archrivals of Philippine collegiate basketball had the Blue Eagles as victors over the Green Archers despite the game being somewhat evenly matched.

* For Ateneo, it was mostly a Chris Tiu show. Tiu provided much of the points for Ateneo and I could say that he has definitely improved since last year.

* After Tiu, the points coming from Eric Salamat, Jai Reyes, Kirk Long and rookie Ryan Buenafe helped the Ateneans. I must give special emphasis to Buenafe since I think he used today's Ateneo-La Salle game as a venue to show his stuff and prove the reasons behind the hype of him being the best recruit of Ateneo for this year.

* As for defense, Rabah Al-Hussaini and Nonoy Baclao provided much of it. It seems to me that Baclao did not have much improvement from last year but Al-Hussaini suddenly had offense now as compared to last year when he was BAD in terms of giving points.

* Nothing much was shown by the other Ateneo recruits- Nico Salva and Vince Burke.

On the part of the De La Salle Green Archers, as I have expected, they were really the underdogs in today's match-up against the Ateneo Blue Eagles. However, despite the underdog tag, they evenly matched against their rivals from Katipunan but, sadly, the lucky breaks of the game all came in Ateneo's favor.

* The Archers' campaign was carried by JV Casio, Rico Maierhofer and James Mangahas, who I think has vastly improved since last year.

* Simon Atkins, Bader Malabes and PJ Walsham had pretty satisfactory performances in today's game, in my humble and honest opinion.

* The new DLSU recruits- LA Revilla, Hyram Bagatsing, Maui Villanueva and Joshua Webb- had a pretty decent showing in today's Ateneo vs La Salle match-up. I must commend LA for doing a great job at the point, although I must say that he still needs some more development for him to become more reliable at the point.

* Sorry but I could not help but notice this. How come Rico was doing ill-advised jumpers? I mean, Rico is a 4/5 and his main job is to stay underneath the basket to do defense and get crucial rebounds. While he had some lucky jump shots, can someone please remind Rico about his role as a 4/5? Please?

* LAST THING: Please improve on free throw shooting. Please?

mighty_lion
07-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Nice game from LA. He introduced himself in UAAP by nailing an open three pointer in 1st. LA tried to connect two alley-op passes to Maiehoffer in the first half but the timing is not quite there still. Split second earlier than it should be on both attempts. Sayang. Those could have been two spectacular dunks.

The_Big_Cat
07-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Sorry but I could not help but notice this. How come Rico was doing ill-advised jumpers? I mean, Rico is a 4/5 and his main job is to stay underneath the basket to do defense and get crucial rebounds. While he had some lucky jump shots, can someone please remind Rico about his role as a 4/5? Please?

Rico can play both the power forward and center spots. But he is not a back-to-the-basket player.
Hindi lang consistent kahapon yung jumpers niya but he has made a living out of those jumpers in the past UAAP seasons and PBL stints. He has that jumper in his arsenal.

ballzebub
07-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Ateneo won over DLSU 79-73, in one tight contest. Poor free throw shooting did the Archers in.

i have to agree with this.* la salle missed 16 free throws-- period ???.* atrocious.* that wouldve been acceptable if they at least converted 16 to make it 50%, but they only made a measly 9 ???.

on the other hand, ateneo's ft conversion was superb.* almost half of ateneo's scoring output came from free throws, 34 points daw ???.* and chris tiu is at the forefront of this ft-smorgasborg with most of his points earned from the stripe--> 16 of 26 ???.* 10 tiu points on offensive plays ????* btw, did i get my numbers right???

bigfreeze_bibby
07-07-2008, 12:51 PM
While watching the game last night, I thought La Salle was facing the Chicago Bulls (Michael Jordan) or the San Antonio Spurs (Manu Ginobili). Why? It is because Chris Tiu got a lot of superstar calls last night (that's just me). I have to admit Chris was good as well in selling those fouls to the referees. Ateneo did a good job in setting those screens for Chris to work on all game long wherein La Salle should have fought and thought of as part of their defensive strategies on how to defend in those type of Ateneo plays.

ballzebub
07-07-2008, 01:32 PM
While watching the game last night, I thought La Salle was facing the Chicago Bulls (Michael Jordan) or the San Antonio Spurs (Manu Ginobili).* Why?* It is because Chris Tiu got a lot of superstar calls last night (that's just me).* I have to admit Chris was good as well in selling those fouls to the referees.* Ateneo did a good job in setting those screens for Chris to work on all game long wherein La Salle should have fought and thought of as part of their defensive strategies on how to defend in those type of Ateneo plays.

bfb, its not jus tiu, also me. ;D ;D ;D* yup tiu performed well to the refs allright.* he's a kapuso remember? ::)* kidding aside, was it just me or was maui-on-tiu the answer to la salle's tiu problem. i felt he came in and substituted chris tiu's shadow.* but maui wasn't kept on tiu the whole time. ??? ??? ??? i can't wait till round 2 and see the defensive adjustment. just solve tiu, ayus na yan. yung iba, textbook defense lang sila.

coreytaylor
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
the la revilla no look pass to rico that almost led to a alley-oop dunk was crazy!!! la revilla will definitely serve dlsu well in the coming years.

bchoter
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Is it just me or the Green Archers never really employed the full court press? Parang hindi ko sila nakitang nag press the entire game.

nel
07-07-2008, 04:34 PM
They pressed the whole game, but they didn't trap. Just the standard eat-up-the-clock pressure on the ball handler, which was solved relatively easily by the Ateneo ball handlers.

bigfreeze_bibby
07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
the la revilla no look pass to rico that almost led to a alley-oop dunk was crazy!!! la revilla will definitely serve dlsu well in the coming years.

That was one good play that I thought should have given La Salle more momentum back in the second quarter but Rico fell short of making that nice attempt.

bchoter
07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
^ Ah ok. So it was more about the Eagles solving it rahter than the Archers never really employing it, thereby, failing to make the necessary traps to generate quick points.

shyboy
07-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Patawa yung 2 free throws before the jump ball. Where will you see something as weird as that? Kung technical na yon against the DLSU coaching staff for not wearing their IDs, eh dapat wala nang jump ball and they should've awarded the ball automatically to arneow. That's one boo-boo after another.

ewe_rach
07-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Patawa yung 2 free throws before the jump ball.* Where will you see something as weird as that?* Kung technical na yon against the DLSU coaching staff for not wearing their IDs, eh dapat wala nang jump ball and they should've awarded the ball automatically to arneow.* That's one boo-boo after another.

I know! Ridiculous!

Why in the world am I hearing "it didnt affect the outcome of th game," again? ::)

stonecold316
07-07-2008, 06:40 PM
DLSU should have won the game if not for the miss free throws.
Waterloo ata nila ito for this year.

stonecold316

espnfanatic
07-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Ateneo and La Salle were almost even throughout the game except for the last 2 minutes. This is when La Salle failed to score and also lost the ball to Escueta. Ateneo is also moving much faster now than in previous games. La Salle doesn't seem to have a fitness advantage anymore. Ateneo also score onsome good low post plays. We really have to stop their low post plays and force them to shoot from the outside. At the same time, Tiu has to be guarded all the time. Its a tall order, hopefully, La Salle can find a soultion next time.

myktristan
07-08-2008, 10:51 AM
poor free throw shooting and not employing the press spelled all the difference..Chris Tiu was really an actor on that court..pang-Pinoy Records tlga..bumenta sa referees eh..tsktsk..

The_Big_Cat
07-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Bottomline, La Salle missed the playmaking of TY Tang and the clutch shooting of Cholo Villanueva.
Down the stretch, La Salle was struggling for calm and stability that TY used to deliver. And that proved to be the difference.

LION
07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
^Agree,* considering that La Salle's system relies heavily on guard play.

IMO, Simon Atkins now is more of an athlete than a point guard.

LA Revilla is really good and talented but because of his height and build, he gives up a lot on defense and offense. Even if his perimeter shooting is inconsistent, LA is forced to shoot from the outside simply because* he finds it more difficult to penetrate/score on layups against bigger and taller opposition.

bigfreeze_bibby
07-08-2008, 02:47 PM
In most stretches in the 4th quarter, coach Franz opted to play Jvee most of the time as the point guard and not opting either Simon or LA to do the backcourt chores for the Green Archers. I think this also caused a burnout for Jvee's part since he still has the responsibility to create plays for the team on the offense in terms of his scoring and then he has another responsibility of setting up the plays for his other teammates being the point at that time.

I guess coach should give time for his two PG's to be exposed to these type of situations so that Jvee can be relieved of his PG chores on crucial stretches of the ballgame.

LION
07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
In most stretches in the 4th quarter, coach Franz opted to play Jvee most of the time as the point guard and not opting either Simon or LA to do the backcourt chores for the Green Archers.* I think this also caused a burnout for Jvee's part since he still has the responsibility to create plays for the team on the offense in terms of his scoring and then he has another responsibility of setting up the plays for his other teammates being the point at that time.

I guess coach should give time for his two PG's to be exposed to these type of situations so that Jvee can be relieved of his PG chores on crucial stretches of the ballgame.

I noticed that too. Jvee should be set up for a shot, not him setting up his teammates. Simon needs to learn fast ala TY Tang. LA needs a lot of cherifer. Bata pa naman yan baka pwede pang mahabol.

coreytaylor
07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
teka lang mga dudes! parang minamaliit ninyo si LA ah. kahit taga-ateneo ako, idol ko si LA! wohooo! astig! ;D

nel
07-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Teka muna, maliit talaga si LA, di ba? Just kidding. Give him some time, and he'll show all of us just how big his game is.

That was a coach's decision on who to field during the crucial moments of the game. Franz probably felt that the team could pull off a win with the lineup he had on the floor. Most of the time, he's right. But Sunday it just wasn't meant to be, as the Blue Eagles proved to be steadier in the crunch.

Simon and LA will have their time, but when is purely the decision of the coaches. So far, they've been spot on. I won't second guess them.

31gna
07-08-2008, 04:12 PM
I noticed that too. Jvee should be set up for a shot, not him setting up his teammates. Simon needs to learn fast ala TY t@ng. LA needs a lot of cherifer. Bata pa naman yan baka pwede pang mahabol.

actually sir, hindi ba matagal bago nadevelop si TY? parang last 2 years na lang sya umangat. I remember he was much criticized during his early years at La Salle.

The_Big_Cat
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM

Agree. This is the dilema for Franz Pumaren right now. His PGs right now are inexperienced kaya ayaw niya isugal ang laro sa kanila and that's why we see JV in the PG spot down the stretch. Sa tingin ko, ang dapat mag step up if Casio is the PG, is Bader Malabes.

Injuries in the pre-season hindered them from playing together. Pero magandang combination yan sa backcourt, Casio and Malabes

07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I noticed that too. Jvee should be set up for a shot, not him setting up his teammates. Simon needs to learn fast ala TY t@ng. LA needs a lot of cherifer. Bata pa naman yan baka pwede pang mahabol.

actually sir, hindi ba matagal bago nadevelop si TY? parang last 2 years na lang sya umangat. I remember he was much criticized during his early years at La Salle.

^^

absolutely..... Tyrone was even contemplating on quitting midway in his collegiate days.....

GHRanger
07-08-2008, 04:37 PM
LA has the talent and skills. *Polishing at experience kailangan niya. *I like this guy, matapang on the court, di nagpapabully. *Kung di madaan sa growth spurt, genetics at cherifer, I'm confident he'll find his sweet spot just like TY did. *(That was an awesome no look pass though!) *

Maganda din laro ni Maui -- especially defending against Chris Tiu. *He could be the next enforcer sa DLSU squad. *

TBC - dagdag ko lang sa combination mo si Peejay at swing position. *

batangueño
07-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Give LA a few more years and I am sure he will be one good point guard for the Archers. He's just on his freshman year so I could not blame him if he has some anxieties about playing on the UAAP level. :)

However, I would like to emphasize on why Rico and Walsham were taking those ill-advised jumpers. They should just concentrate on defense and getting those crucial rebounds while leaving the shooting to the guards and the small forwards. ::)

The_Big_Cat
07-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Give LA a few more years and I am sure he will be one good point guard for the Archers.

Basta galing ng San Beda Red Cubs, magaling talaga! :)

shyboy
07-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I hope coach allots more playing time for Simon and LA. *These guys are as talented if not better than other young point guards like Knuttel, Gamboa and Canada. *All they need is substantial playing time like what the latter are getting.

jembengzon
07-08-2008, 06:16 PM
with all due respect to my dlsu friends, give them time, LA revilla and Simon atkins will be fine. if there is a perfect system for the development of their particular talents, it should be dlsu's system, which is guard-oriented. and i don't think any college coach develops point guards as fast as franz. :)

the point guard position is probably the hardest position to play in basketball, and expectations asking both of them to be near TY tang immediately, in their first admu-dlsu big game (ok, in simon's case, almost his first ;D)is a bit much - my humble opinion lang. plus atkins is coming off an injury. be patient, i agree with nel, pumaren knows what he's doing in pacing the development of both. he exhibited a lot of confidence in them in the pre-season, even having LA revilla play the middle of your 1-3-1 jump and trap press, which is the key position. usually, that's the fastest and longest athlete you have, and LA accounted himself well, despite his smallish frame.

your point guards are fine and you'll be in the thick of things once more. and yes, i particularly enjoy watching your guards play - huwag lang admu-dlsu !!! ;D

Rektikano
07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
In most stretches in the 4th quarter, coach Franz opted to play Jvee most of the time as the point guard and not opting either Simon or LA to do the backcourt chores for the Green Archers. I think this also caused a burnout for Jvee's part since he still has the responsibility to create plays for the team on the offense in terms of his scoring and then he has another responsibility of setting up the plays for his other teammates being the point at that time.

We had to match up kasi. We needed Bader to guard Chris Tiu. Therefore, Jayvee had to play point for that to happen because we couldn't go to small in the frontline. If coach had insisted on Simon or LA at point and JVee at shooting guard, Bader had to play small forward, leaving only Rico and James to man the frontline which was small compared to the frontline of the eagles. I left JWalsh out because he didn't show much in that game. Now, when Rabeh went to town in the fourth, coach had no choice but to put in the taller JWalsh. Then he needed the two forwards who were doing the most damage in that game, Rico and James. He needed JVee's offense. No choice already but to have Bader at that last spot for defensive purposes on Chris Tiu. At one point in the game, coach tried Simon on Chris but Chris scored on Simon so no go yung match up na yon.

stonecold316
07-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Sa ateneo thread, panay banat sa DLSU. Nanalo lang ng isang game, mahangin na kagad.
Sana sa second round bawian ninyo Blue Eagles para mabawasan hangin ng ibang fans nila.

stonecold316

shyboy
07-09-2008, 07:09 AM
^ What's new?

LION
07-09-2008, 08:08 AM

Actually, Simon is already in his 3rd year as a Green Archer although technically this is just his 2nd year in the UAAP. Kaya tamang tama lang na dapat hinog na siya this year or at least next year. With a mentor like Franz, he'll only get better.

As for LA, the PG skills are already there. If he can't grow taller, then he has to at least bulk up. Mas malaki na nga ang katawan niya ngayon kumpara last year pero kailangan dagdagan pa.

mighty_lion
07-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Offensively LA needs to work on two things: (1) Consistent outside shooting and (2) More creativity on launching shots during penetration.

Maybe its just me, but from what I observe since summer LA finds it easier to drive inside at this level than in HS. It must be the defense concentrated on the other 4 players or the agility mismatch itself.

oca
07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Midway in the 4th, DLSU was in the lead. ADMU made a 10-to-nothing run and over that stretch Coach Franz didn't call a time out.

That was very unlikely of Franz.

When he called time, I think the score was already tied or them trailing by 1.

By that time, buong buo na ang loob ng kalaban. Ni wala kang makikitang hesitation sa kanila on both ends of the court. That took away every chance of victory for DLSU in this game. For the Archers thrive best when they make their opponents have this self-doubt during the game itself.

Hindsight?

Well, fact is, I was whispering to myself, "time out, time out" ( di pwedeng sumigaw, pulos azul ang katabi ng inyong miron) but it came late past the ADMU rally.

bchoter
07-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Pareng oca, I'm not sure if I had the right observations but parang naalala ko dati that Franz would sometimes let his players play through an uprising and sort it out among themselves on the hardcourt. Sometimes a nod to the PG will do.

The_Big_Cat
07-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Pareng oca, I'm not sure if I had the right observations but parang naalala ko dati that Franz would sometimes let his players play through an uprising and sort it out among themselves on the hardcourt. Sometimes a nod to the PG will do.

ala Phil Jackson.
I think Franz cannot afford to do that again because inexperienced ang backcourt (Atkins & Revilla) niya ngayon.

nel
07-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Franz elected to let them play, to be able to see how they would react to the situation. This is the period where he will tinker with the lineup and the plays while observing the other teams.

For example, take a look at how he utilized the rookies in the game. Franz played four of our rookies for a total of 56 minutes, distributed among LA (14), Maui (15), Joshua (11), and Hyram (16), while Black fielded in Buenafe (19), Burke (6), and Salva (6) for a total of 31 minutes. That's out of the 200 game minutes. Based on the game stats, our rookies performed on more-or-less equal terms against their fellow newbies: our rookies outscored their Atenean counterparts, 17-13, steals 2-0; rebounds 6-4; assists 2-2; turnovers: 3-4; it's only in blocks where we were outperformed, 1-2. *Among our rookies, only Manoj and Jovet didn't play, because Franz had already fielded in 12 players. I can't wait for our rookies to grow up.

oca
07-09-2008, 01:32 PM

That won't work in this line-up. Kulang pa sa panahon sina Atkins at LA. Other's who can and will play PG are at best panundot lang, and you would still hope they will do well.

To let them sort things by themselves and or shout one-liner instructions from the sidelines are for veteran PGs.

Dapat talagang akayin ni Franz ang mga PGs this season.

bchoter
07-09-2008, 01:51 PM
^ Sorry I think I did not express myself well in my last post. What I was just actually stating my observation that, in the past, Franz would just let his players sort it out among themselves. But I totally agree that this line up is not yet ready to be left alone. It's unfair to ask Atkins and, most especially, Revilla to be able to do what the vetan guards did in the past. Atkins may have a year under his belt but, due to TY's and Cholo's plus Casio's influence in the game he hardly had the opportunity to be in a position to fight through game lows.

glock23
07-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Sa ateneo thread, panay banat sa DLSU. Nanalo lang ng isang game, mahangin na kagad.
Sana sa second round bawian ninyo Blue Eagles para mabawasan hangin ng ibang fans nila.

stonecold316

Natural lang yan sa bihirang manalo. At hindi naman lahat ganyan umasta, yung mga "pretenders" lang. ;D

mangtsito
07-12-2008, 09:23 PM

stonecold316

Sus, wala namang kinalaman sa talo o panalo yung mga banat eh. Sa tingin mo ba kung natalo yung Ateneo mababawasan yung pang-aasar sa La Salle?

Kunsabagay, di mo maiintindihan yun. Wala ka rin naman kasing kinalaman sa Ateneo at La Salle eh. ;D

Dark Knight
07-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Someone here is acting or thinking like a child. :D

bigfreeze_bibby
07-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey guys let's break this one off and go back to the topic at hand. Thanks.

jeshra
08-25-2008, 06:41 PM
I had to erase your post since this is not a ticket selling thread. I suggest you go to the UAAP forum and there's a current thread there where you can post your concerns regarding tickets. Thanks - bigfreeze_bibby