PDA

View Full Version : De La Salle Zobel Junior Archers

bigfreeze_bibby
06-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Guys, you can discuss here all topics regarding the Junior Archers. What will be their chances this season with a new coach? If anyone of you knows the lineup already, you may post them here. Thanks.

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Good luck to the DLSZ Junior Archers this coming UAAP Season!
Also support the CSB Blazers, and the LSGH Greenies in the NCAA. Thanks! ;)

AnthonyServinio
06-24-2008, 03:09 PM
DLSZ's best kept basketball secret* . . . RAYMOND "MOTONG" PACHECO (Senior-E)!* *:D

Joescoundrel
06-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Based on their summer performances I believe Lasalle Zobel has at least a 75% chance of successfully defending their UAAP junior title. Gwayne Capacio has expanded his range and his game, Aiki Herrera is a wide-bodied and burly force underneath, Nico Elorde is one of the best pointguards in the league. They may have lots at least three superstars in Josh Webb, Jed Manguera and Jeric Fortuna but they are definitely still one of the top high school teams in the country.

By the way is that Okudo (?) boy still around? The lanky shooter with the Japanese-sounding name. If he's still playing then I'd say Zobel's chances just went up to 90% on the title defense bid.

And just one silly question: I kind of like the old moniker of "Bengals", why the moniker change...? I grew up knowing Lasalle GREENHILLS as the high school Green Archers, so it gets a little confusing for me at my age... :-X

Joescoundrel
06-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I forgot to mention Luigi Dela Paz. He's quite unassuming on the perimeter but is incredibly quick especially on the trap and playing the passing lanes. He does not quite have the trigger or the range of Manguera and Fortuna but his overall skill level is very high and he's got a lot of fighting spirit.

bigfreeze_bibby
06-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Masshi Okubo is not anymore with DLSZ and I think he's in UST already trying out for a spot in their senior's line up.

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 05:08 PM
I forgot to mention Luigi Dela Paz. He's quite unassuming on the perimeter but is incredibly quick especially on the trap and playing the passing lanes. He does not quite have the trigger or the range of Manguera and Fortuna but his overall skill level is very high and he's got a lot of fighting spirit.

Isnt Dela Paz a Blazer now? ???

shyboy
06-24-2008, 05:56 PM

Isnt Dela Paz a Blazer now? ???

The CSB Blazer is Ian dela Paz who played center for LSGH last year.* Luigi dela Paz plays the guard position for DLS-Z.

GHRanger
06-24-2008, 06:25 PM
And just one silly question: I kind of like the old moniker of "Bengals", why the moniker change...? I grew up knowing Lasalle GREENHILLS as the high school Green Archers, so it gets a little confusing for me at my age... :-X*

Joe,

At that time in the NCAA, LSGH was the juniors counterpart of DLSU. Hehehe... Peace Kaibigan!!! :D
And yes, i feel the same way of calling the Junior Archers as Bengals. It has a nice feel to it and gives them an identity as compared to their kuyas.

I think the press is indirectly related to the monicker change, since eagles have eaglets and tigers have cubs, yung archers ... umm... ah.... junior archers na lang. I am irked sometimes by writers who just call all the team's junior squads as "Junior", "-lets", and so on, a little research on their part would reveal that the juniors teams have their unique names.

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 08:49 PM
The CSB Blazer is Ian dela Paz who played center for LSGH last year. Luigi dela Paz plays the guard position for DLS-Z.

Oh right. Sorry for the mix-up. :)

boyscout
06-28-2008, 12:47 PM
And just one silly question: I kind of like the old moniker of "Bengals", why the moniker change...? I grew up knowing Lasalle GREENHILLS as the high school Green Archers, so it gets a little confusing for me at my age... :-X*

A history o the monikers used by the different La Salle High Schools

De La Salle-Santiago Zobel's varsity team was first officially known as the "Green Bengals," with its mascot being the Battlin' Bengal. This identity was designed and proposed by Brother Raymond Bronowicz FSC, who was the first Brother-Director of the school at that time. He decided that the school should adopt its own unique identity per the practice of the different De La Salle schools at that time: La Salle Green Hills were the Rangers and De La Salle Lipa were the Dragons then the Stallions. The adoption of a new mascot was not welcomed by the studentry since a majority came from the grade school in the main campus in Manila and they were used to being referred to as the "Junior Archers."

In 1997, the Board of Trustees of the school, led by its then President-Mr. Lamberto de Ocampo, elected to officially call De La Salle Zobel's varsity team as the Junior Archers.
[edit]History with the UAAP

The Junior Archers, together with the De La Salle Green Archers, joined the UAAP in 1986, when De La Salle University-Manila (DLSU) picked De La Salle Zobel to be its representative in the Junior (High School) division. De La Salle Zobel was chosen, in spite of La Salle Green Hills being DLSU's junior representative in the NCAA from 1968 to 1981, because DLS Zobel was then designated as DLSU's official grade school and high school. De La Salle University-Manila's High School was phased out in 1968 while its grade school was phased out in 1984.

From the time that the Junior Archers joined the UAAP in 1986 until it won its very first basketball championship in Season 68 (2005-06), the Junior Archers' achievements was considered to be moderate at best.[1] The team never finished last, but outside of 1993, when the Junior Archers made it to the finals, but it never finished in the top two as well.

During UAAP Season 68 (2005-06), the Junior Archers won its first UAAP Junior Basketball title when it swept the UPIS Junior Maroons, 2-0. It was also De La Salle's first EVER Junior title in either the NCAA or the UAAP since 1955, when the De La Salle Green Robins of the then existing De La Salle College High School in Taft Avenue, Manila led by De La Salle basketball great—Kurt Bachmann, won 1955 NCAA Junior Basketball championship.

After its year-long suspension in UAAP Season 69 (2006-07) due to the ineligibility scandal that rocked the whole Lasallian community, the Junior Archers, together with their seniors counterparts the De La Salle Green Archers, won the "double championship" in men's basketball the next season. The Junior Archers swept the defending champions Ateneo de Manila Blue Eaglets to claim their second juniors basketball title in three years.
[edit]History with the WNCAA

The De La Salle Lady Junior Archers have been the WNCAA Junior Division Champions for eight straight years, from 1993 to 2000 and again in 2004.[2]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLSZ_Junior_Archers

Sam Miguel
06-28-2008, 01:07 PM
^^^ Thank you for the information Boyscout, this was really very good reading. I had almost forgotten all about the Rangers moniker.

bigfreeze_bibby
07-30-2008, 04:03 PM
It will be the battle of the unbeaten teams this Saturday as the Junior Archers eked out a 72-55 decision win over the UST Tiger Cubs to stay clean with a 6-0 slate. Both the Junior Archers and the Blue Eaglets will enter Saturday's game as the lone unbeaten teams in UAAP juniors basketball competition. Now if only the UAAP bigwigs can change the game schedule so that La Salle fans won't get torn in splitting their schedules in watching both the juniors and seniors game.

As you all know, the juniors game against Ateneo is scheduled at 3pm in BEG while the seniors will have their game at 4pm in Araneta against the UE Red Warriors. Both games will be played this Saturday. I am still hoping that the game sched for the juniors will be changed to allow La Salle fans to see the DLSZ-AHS juniors game.

Joescoundrel
08-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Lasalle Zobel leaned on their deeper bench in the third period to turn back UST 72-55 in UAAP juniors action last weekend. Big men 6-foot-2 Juffy Andaya and 6-foot-3 Anton Sevilla came off the bench to spark an 11-0 run together with the outside shooting of guards Nico Elorde and Luigi Dela Paz to break open a close game 48-32 and never looked back. UST actually opened up strong in the first period going up 11-4 on the inside play of 6-foot-3 center-forward Kyle Neypes and 6-foot swingman Argyle Jimenez.

JImenez however picked up his third personal foul in early in the second period and quickly lost his rhythm. Pointguard Storm Riva came off the UST bench and tried to pick up the slack but Elorde, Dela Paz and the two towers combine of 6-foot-2 power forward Gwayne Capacio and 6-foot-3 center Ikey Herrera buily some momentum for the Junior Archers and just pulled away from the Tiger Cubs. UST swingman Carlo Aytona and 2-guard Marco Gonzalez tried to rallye the Tiger Cubs in the fourth period but simply came short.

atenean_blooded
08-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Zobel's hot shooting late in the third and early in the fourth allowed them to pull away and beat the Ateneo de Manila Blue Eaglets, 77-74. Quite interesting was how both squads' style of play seemed to be mirror images of one another, only this time Zobel's hot outside shooting gave them the points they needed to weather a late rally and pressure defense by the Blue Eaglets.

Congratulations!

Joescoundrel
08-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Jun Santos and Nico Elorde came alive with their outside shooting late in the third period and Lasalle Zobel hung on for the 77-74 win against Ateneo De Manila. Santos and Elorde busted a close game wide open with three straight treys and Luigi Dela Paz found his rhythm to build enough of a cushion for Zobel against Ateneo late in the third and midway through the fourth periods.

Fried Green Tomato
08-03-2008, 01:19 AM
We heard it's another great game in the tradition of all dlsu-admu games.

Too bad at masyadong magaling gumawa ng uaap sched... ang galing-galing talaga! ::)

Congrats to both teams! We may had the upper hand this time but it's still a long long way to go.

But i have this gut feel that we're going to see a DLSU-ADMU FINALS.... juniors & seniors!

... walang uusog! :D

eustacia
08-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Is Boris Aldeguer still the head coach for the Junior Archers? If he is, well he's had a very good track record the last few years!

gallery
08-03-2008, 07:16 AM
Congrats Junior Archers

Sam Miguel
08-03-2008, 09:37 AM
^ I had this impression that Coach Boris is now with Magnolia Beverages full time ... ?

bigfreeze_bibby
08-03-2008, 12:16 PM
It is coach Gian Nazario who is calling the shots right now for DLSZ. Coach Boris now works full-time in Magnolia.

myktristan
08-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Elorde powers Junior Archers
by Peter Atencio
http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=sports5_aug5_2008

THE grandson of the late ring legend Gabriel “Flash” Elorde scored the baskets that powered the defending champion La Salle-Zobel to a 77-74 victory over the Ateneo Blue Eaglets in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines juniors basketball tournament at the Blue Eagle Gym.

Nico Elorde delivered 24 points and 11 rebounds as he led the Junior Archers to a seven-game sweep of their first-round assignment. His teammate Luigi de la Paz chipped in 15 points and nine rebounds.

In the women’s side, the Far Eastern University Lady Tamaraws also claimed a seven-game sweep in the women’s division after they hurdled the La Salle Lady Archers, 51-50.

Kiefer Ravena shot 22 points, while Juami Tiongson made 21 points, nine rebounds and three steals for the Blue Eaglets, who are in second with a 6-1 slate.

In other juniors’ games, University of Santo Tomas crushed UP Integrated School, 71-37; Adamson bamboozled University of the East, 102-44, and FEU trampled National University, 96-66.

Meanwhile, University of Santo Tomas standouts Dylan Ababou and Jervy Cruz emerged as the scoring and rebounding leaders at the end of the first round.

Ababou and Cruz leads the scoring department with norms of 16.1 points apiece, according to official statistical averages released by Imperium Technology.

They are ahead of La Salle guard JV Casio, who trails with 15.1 points.

Cruz, who is last season’s Most Valuable Player, was also named top rebounder with 10.7 boards, and has outdone Ateneo’s Rabeh Al-Hussaini, who averages 9.9 rebounds per game.

So far, Cruz is the only cager who has double-digit averages in scoring and rebounding this season.

National University ace Edwin Asoro is third in scoring with 14.9 points while Al-Hussaini has 14.6 points.

La Salle slotman Rico Maierhofer ranks third in the rebounding department with 9.6 boards while Elmer Espiritu of the University of the East and Asoro are in fourth and fifth with 9.4 and 8.4 rebounds, respectively.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-09-2008, 08:29 PM
The Junior Archers beat the Tiger Cubs earlier, 65-56 to stay unbeaten in the juniors competition.

ArcherAdictant
08-10-2008, 08:52 AM
LaSalle is very stong this season.

All heart, all out, for our Alma Mater! :)

bigfreeze_bibby
08-12-2008, 05:13 PM
The Junior Archers suffered its first setback against the Adamson Baby Falcons to the tune of 72-71. Luigi De La Paz suffered an injury in the 3rd quarter. Need to get further updates on the extent of the injury.

myktristan
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Jr. Archers yuko sa Baby Falcons
ni Theodore P. Jurado
http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php?issue=2008-08-14&sec=7&aid=69943

Mga laro sa Sabado: (Blue Eagle Gym)
9 n.u. – UPIS vs ADU (jrs)
11 n.u. – NU vs UE (jrs)
1 n.h. – DLSZ vs FEU (jrs)
3 n.h. – UST vs ADMU (jrs)

SINIGURADO ng Adam-son na hindi makakaiskor ang defending champion La Salle-Zobel ng double-round elimination sweep ng UAAP juniors basket-ball tournament.

Humataw si Mark Jurue-na ng 20 puntos, tampok ang game-winning basket sa huling 30 segundo na siyang sandigan ng Baby Falcons upang ipalasap ang unang pagkatalo ng Junior Archers sa pamamagitan ng 72-71 tagumpay kamakalawa sa Blue Eagle Gym.

Tinangka ng La Salle-Zobel na itakas ang panalo, subalit sumablay ang tatlo nilang attempts, ang pinakahuli ay ang undergoal stab ni Nico Elorde sa buzzer.

Tumipa si Matthew Capacio na may 24 puntos at 12 rebounds habang nagdagdag si Luigi dela Paz ng 21 puntos para sa Junior Archers, na nalaglag sa 8-1 marka.

Nakopo ng Adamson ang 6-3 baraha upang makasalo sa ikatlong puwesto ang Far Eastern University, na nagtala ng 85-42 tagumpay kontra sa UP Integrated School.

Pinutol ng second-running Ateneo ang two-game losing skid makaraang ilampaso ang National University, 109-60, habang pinaluhod ng Univer-sity of Santo Tomas ang University of the East, 85-53.

Kumabig si Ian Enriquez na may 16 puntos at 12 boards habang nag-ambag si Jayvee Dumirique ng 13 puntos, anim na rebounds at anim na assists para sa Blue Eagles, na umakyat sa 7-2.

Tumipa si Eduard Aytona ng 16 puntos habang nag-dagdag si Jecreel Jimenez ng 15 puntos at 10 boards para sa Tiger Cubs, na umangat sa 5-4 rekord para sa ikalimang puwesto.

Nahulog ang Bullpups sa 3-6, habang may 1-8 at 0-9 marka ang Pages at Junior Maroons, ayon sa pagkaka-sunod.

myktristan
09-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Baby Tams eyeing to pull rug from under Zobel boys
By Reuben Terrado
http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/09172008/sports03.html

FAR Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Educational Foundation (FEU-FERN) looks to complete an upset of De La Salle-Zobel (DLSZ) in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines Season 71 juniors basketball tournament at The Arena in San Juan.

The Baby Tamaraws are eyeing a repeat win over the second-seeded Junior Archers in their 3 p.m. encounter after erasing the defending champion Junior Archers’ twice-to-beat edge, following a 72-70 double overtime victory on Saturday.

The winner will face Ateneo, which trounced Adamson, 78-45, Saturday to gain the first finals spot.

The finalists in the women’s contest will also be determined today as Adamson faces FEU at 11 a.m. and University of Santo Tomas (UST) takes on UP at 1 p.m.

Both Adamson and UST also erased their opponents’ twice-to-beat advantage on Saturday. The Lady Falcons beat the top-ranked Lady Tamaraws, 57-56, while the Lady Maroons defeated the No. 2 Tigresses, 52-39, to force do-or-die matchups for the finals slots.

FEU coach Horacio Lim said it is still going to be defense that will help them pull off an upset over DLSZ.

“Offensively, talagang kulang kami,” said Lim. “I told the boys we have to play well on the defensive side.”

Arwin Albano finished with 20 points to help the Baby Tamaraws force a do-or-die semifinal matchup.

The Lady Falcons relied on Amby Almazan’s clutch three-point play to pull the victory away from the Lady Tamaraws, while the Lady Maroons allowed the Tigresses just five points in the fourth quarter to snatch the win.

stonecold316
09-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Kanina lamang ang DLSU Zobel ng mga seven points before half time. Di na lang namin natapos ang game. magaling talaga ang Capacio. Masipag at mataas basketball IQ.

bossman
09-17-2008, 09:41 PM
It is coach Gian Nazario who is calling the shots right now for DLSZ. Coach Boris now works full-time in Magnolia.

Yun dating juniors stand out yan di ba? Na injured lang di ba?

Joescoundrel
09-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Lasalle Zobel fell victim to the upset ax as FEU-FERN edged the Junior Archers 58-56, eliminating the defending junior division champions. Zobel came into the Final 4 with a twice-to-beat advantage. The Baby Tamaraws set up the do-or-die match against Zobel with a double overtime victory over the weekend.

Guards Nico Elorde and Ridge Santos had 12 points each for Zobel while forward-center Gwayne Capacio added 11 points and a season-high 21 rebounds.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-18-2008, 10:54 AM
It is coach Gian Nazario who is calling the shots right now for DLSZ.* Coach Boris now works full-time in Magnolia.

Yep he is, sir bossman.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Lasalle Zobel fell victim to the upset ax as FEU-FERN edged the Junior Archers 58-56, eliminating the defending junior division champions. Zobel came into the Final 4 with a twice-to-beat advantage. The Baby Tamaraws set up the do-or-die match against Zobel with a double overtime victory over the weekend.

Guards Nico Elorde and Ridge Santos had 12 points each for Zobel while forward-center Gwayne Capacio added 11 points and a season-high 21 rebounds.

It was really a tough game for DLSZ. The problem was that no one from the bench players stepped up to the plate aside from the regular standouts Elorde, Dela Paz, Santos, and Capacio. Elorde was even in foul trouble early in the first quarter which delayed his rhythm throughout the game. The Junior Archers found it hard to crack the hard 2-3 zone defense of the Baby Tamaraws courtesy of beanpole Russell Escoto and number 8 guy Almario.

It was a good season for the Junior Archers as there are only 4 senior guys who will graduate which includes I think Elorde and Santos. Dela Paz and Capacio will be back for another run next year.

gallery
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Nico Elorde will still be back next season...only 4 players will be leaving. Ridge Santos, Juffy Andaya, Mike Ramos and Mike Pardo.

bossman
09-18-2008, 05:26 PM

Yep he is, sir bossman.

Sayang yun game nyan di ba? Kilala ko pa yun naka injured sa kanya e. Naging team mate ko pa sa CSB.

stonecold316
09-18-2008, 05:28 PM

Minalas lang talaga ang DLSU-Zobel. Bawi na lang next year.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Nico Elorde will still be back next season...only 4 players will be leaving. Ridge Santos, Juffy Andaya, Mike Ramos and Mike Pardo.

Thanks for the correction pare. I think their loss will be well-compensated by new recruits coming in.

Kid Cubao
09-19-2008, 05:20 AM
ang mahalaga, lumaban nang buo ang loob ang mga bata. patay kung patay, di gaya ng ibang team na magtataka ka kung pano nakapasok sa final 4 (hello adamson?). de la salle zobel has an exciting program despite the recent changes, and here's looking forward to great times ahead.

glock23
09-19-2008, 01:12 PM
ang mahalaga, lumaban nang buo ang loob ang mga bata. patay kung patay, di gaya ng ibang team na magtataka ka kung pano nakapasok sa final 4 (hello adamson?). de la salle zobel has an exciting program despite the recent changes, and here's looking forward to great times ahead.

Agree!!! the fighting heart and the will to win for the green and white is what makes me proud if this team. despite dubious calls we fought till the end. Yan ang pagkakaiba ng may school pride!

bossman
09-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Go DLSZ! I know you are the best!

Joescoundrel
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Keifer Ravena, Cedric Labingisa and Jeron Teng turned it up in the closing minutes as the RP 16-and under team survived a late game surge by Lasalle Zobel to prevail 77 - 72.

Zobel, featuring a taller lineup than the Nationals, were keeping themselves ahead for most of the first half, the last time at 29-23 late in the second period behind veterans Luigi Dela Paz, Gwayne Capacio and 6'7" newcomer Arnold Van Opstal.

Ravena and Teng then conspired with Kevin Ferrer, Paolo Romero and Von Pessumal in a 12-0 run to end the first half, as the Nationals seized a 41-33 lead going into the lemon time break.

In the third period it was practically an all-RP show as the lead went as high as 59-43 late in the quarter. Romero used superior pivots in the lane to score against the taller Zobel frontline. Ravena cut up the Zobel defense with his dribble-penetration and patented double-clutch layups. Teng waxed hot from trey range. And the RP Boys tightened up with their own full court press and halfcourt trap on the defensive end to generate turnovers and frustrate the Zobel guards.

Just when the Nationals looked headed for an easy cruise to victory, Capacio took charge himself and went on a fourth period tear, scoring eight straight points to cut down the lead to 67-63 with still four minutes and change to go.

Ravena however would not let the RP Boys falter as he made four straight freethrows and once again scrambled the Zobel offense with his quick darting hands, disrupting the passing lanes and taking the ball away handily from Nico Elorde and Dela Paz.

Capacio responded with another cluster of four points on strong drives along the baseline, and the Ravena-Capacio duel was coming to a climax. Zobel was now within 75-72.

In the end though it would be the freethrows of Teng that sealed the win as Zobel ran out of timeouts to set up plays in their last two possessions.

Capacio led all scorers with 21 points to go with 14 rebounds and two blocks. Dela Paz added 16 on 3-4 shooting from trey range.

Ravena led the Nationals with 15 points and five steals, Teng added 13 with three treys, while Romero had 10 points and nine rebounds.

Zobel is known as a speed team with great perimeter shooting, but in this game the RP Boys beat them at their own game. "We really lack size, so we make up for it with speed on transition and outside shooting," explained RP head coach Eric Altamirano.

Their participation in this tournament is meant as a tuneup for the coming months. "We wanted to get a taste of top-level competition, that is why we joined the NSL," said Altamirano. "We have the FIBA-Asia Youth tournament in November this year, and we might go to China in June. I'm trying to get as much training as possible now because the boys go back to their school teams in June and July," he added.

oca
05-27-2009, 11:02 AM
http://sports.inquirer.net/youthsports/youthsports/view/20090526-207281/Letran-La-Salle-clash-in-FCBL-finals

MANILA, Philippines - Defending champion Letran and De La Salle Zobel will face in the championships of the FCBL Freego Jeans Cup after pulling through their respective semifinal matches Tuesday at the Buddhacare Gym in Quezon City.

The Squires leaned on point guard Mark Cruz as they rallied in the fourth quarter to eke out a 79-75 win over the San Beda Red Cubs.

Jerelan Tampus topscored for Letran with 22 points and got ample help from teammates Cruz and Glenn Khobuntin, who both contributed 17 points.

Meanwhile, the Archers scored a rousing win over rival Ateneo, 82-79, after losing to the Eaglets at the start of the tournament.

La Salle was again carried by it stalwarts Luigi Dela Paz, Gwayne Capacio, Arnold Vonopstal, Nico Elorde and Niki Herrera.

Dela Paz was named best player of the game after scoring 29 points while Capacio poured in 19 points and 16 rebounds.

The Letran-La Salle championship match is scheduled this Saturday 4p.m. following the battle for third between Ateneo and San Beda at 2 p.m.

Joescoundrel
05-31-2009, 12:48 PM
MANILA, Philippines—Defending champion Letran College defeated De La Salle Zobel in the Filipino-Chinese Basketball League Freego Jeans Cup’s championship match Saturday at Buddhacare Gym in Quezon City, 85-82.
With starting line up of Jerelan Tampus, Glenn Khobuntin, Mark Cruz, Jeffrey Ongteco and Jose Cabigas, Letran Squires and the Little Archers closed the first half with 36-36.

But Tampus scored a total of 49 points and was declared the most valuable player while the rest of the scores were shared between Cruz, Khobuntin and Ongtengco.

The Archers meanwhile relied on Luigi Dela Paz who shot 26 points and Nico Elorde, 16 points and 15 rebounds, with Anton Sevilla, Gwayne Capacio and Arnold Vanopstal providing support.

Letran Coach Elmer Naponio said that the team’s determination led to their victory but admitted it was a Tampus show.

“I’m happy and proud of Tampus although I must say that I also have expectations with the other players, but yes I am happy,” said Naponio adding that the team is ready for the upcoming NCAA season.

In an earlier match, Ateneo de Manila University won over San Beda Red Cubs, 74-69. Luis Sinco shot 18 points while Red Cubs depended on Amer Baser who scored 16 points.

FCBL Commisioner Horacio Lim later awarded the trophies to five most outstanding players, namely Mark Cruz (LC), Glenn Khobuntin(LC), Amer Baser of (SBC), Luigi Dela Paz (DLSZ), and Raphael Banal (ADMU).

Supporting the tournament are TriDharma Mktg. Corp., F’g Denims Revolution, Dickies Underwear, Old Chinatown Koptitiam, Clincher Packaging Tape, Nougat Candy, Colt Commercial, Powerbest Marketing and Star Galaxy Industrial Fabricator Inc.

^

Got this from the Letran forum.

Joescoundrel
06-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Zobel gets a chance to exact some payback as the Junior Archers take on the Letran Squires in the Final 4 of the Nike Summer League later this week.

Zobel edged San Beda 81 - 80 in their quarterfinal Elite 8 encounter behind the 22 points of Luigi Dela Paz and the 20 of Arnold Van Opstal.

aarreza
09-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Any news on how the Junior Archers are faring in the UAAP since it sems no one is keeping tabs on the team.

glock23
09-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Any news on how the Junior Archers are faring in the UAAP since it sems no one is keeping tabs on the team.

DLS-Z 47 - 22 FEU at the half. Zobel with a twice to beat advantage by being #1 at the end of eliminations.

glock23
09-19-2009, 02:26 PM
DLS-Z is in the finals of the UAAP juniors by defeating FEU-fern. :)

They now await the winner of the UST - Ateneo game.

ANIMO LASALLE!!!

bigfreeze_bibby
09-19-2009, 09:41 PM
DLS-Z is in the finals of the UAAP juniors by defeating FEU-fern. :)

They now await the winner of the UST - Ateneo game.

ANIMO LASALLE!!!

The final score in that game was 86-69.

izon
10-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Congratulations to the De La Salle Zobel Junior Archers, specially Gwyne Capaciom . Aiki Herrera and Van Opstal for winning Game 2 against Ateneo. They won by 4 points. Ateneo's main manm, Kiefer Ravena was shut out in this game. He was limited to 4 points.

batangueño
10-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Congratulations to the Junior Archers! :)

izon
10-08-2009, 03:52 PM
DLS Zobel Junior Archers lost to Ateneo HS in the third and deciding game by 5 points. Congratulations to Ateneo HS for winning this years's UAAP Jr. championship.

Joescoundrel
10-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Bibby, how many of these Junior Archers are graduating this year? Who will be left for next year?

izon
10-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Bibby, how many of these Junior Archers are graduating this year? Who will be left for next year?

Plus any new recruits for the team ?

nocturnal
10-22-2009, 10:18 PM
great season! kudos to the junior green archers!

bigfreeze_bibby
10-24-2009, 11:37 PM

If I'm not mistaken eight players will be graduating from this year's Junior Archers.

izon
10-25-2009, 03:31 PM

If I'm not mistaken eight players will be graduating from this year's Junior Archers.

Any news on who are going to take their places?

izon
10-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Source in AP.com mentions of Gwyne Capacio is now practising with the Blue Eagles. He is convincing Nico Elorde and Van Opstal to join him. Hope they do not.

glock23
10-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Source in AP.com mentions of Gwyne Capacio is now practising with the Blue Eagles. He is convincing Nico Elorde and Van Opstal to join him. Hope they do not.

hearsay! naniwala ka naman agad!

GHRanger
10-26-2009, 02:24 PM
^ Glock -- practice lang naman diba? :) Eh si TY nag practice din sa ADMU diba? hehehe.

But seriously marami pang pwedeng mangyari. I'm quite sure a lot of schools will try to recruit our guys and vice versa. But bottomline is these kids must want to play for their chosen school, not because they were promised this and that. I just hope na walang mga recruiters, "managers", foster parents, agents, guardians at padrino na makikielam sa mga batang ito.

Matagal pa yung next season - pa-graduate muna natin yung mga bata.

nardy
10-26-2009, 03:28 PM

Gwynne is more likely play for his Dad. I have a strong feeling.

dioning
10-26-2009, 03:53 PM
puede rin mag-UP si Gwynne. sana mapakiusapan ni Aboy si Glenn. anyway assistant coach naman din ni Capacio si Aboy sa FEU dati. isama na rin ni Gwynne ang pinsan nyang si Tim para lumaki-laki naman ang frontline ng State U.

izon
10-26-2009, 09:18 PM

Ahh tsismis ba ito ? Sana sa Green Archer na lang sya.

nel
10-28-2009, 01:49 PM

I suggest that you don't be so quick to post whatever you see on the online boards. Much of this is just rumor or speculation. You might get a reputation for being a rumor mongerer or tsismoso like some members here and in other sites who like to repeat what they've read or heard.

And we have to respect the right of our juniors to choose the school they will go to for college. Of course we want our junior players to go to La Salle, but it's their choice. Let's not make it any more difficult for them by putting pressure on them.

izon
10-28-2009, 05:10 PM

I suggest that you don't be so quick to post whatever you see on the online boards. Much of this is just rumor or speculation. You might get a reputation for being a rumor mongerer or tsismoso like some members here and in other sites who like to repeat what they've read or heard.

And we have to respect the right of our juniors to choose the school they will go to for college. Of course we want our junior players to go to La Salle, but it's their choice. Let's not make it any more difficult for them by putting pressure on them.

Well the tsismis started at AP com. As far as I am concerned AP. com is the most reliable forum concerning the Green Archers. I guess AP com. is not immuned to tsismis. Mukhang nagkakaroon pa nga away sa forum na yon.

GHRanger
10-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Of course -- no forum is immune to tismis and trolls and posers. The difference in Ap.Com and in other forums is the fact that people within the DLSU basketball system are the ones doing the cleanup, modding. Sure, you'd get 1 or 2 posts that might slip through the cracks but sure enough you'll see people in the know and the mods warning them (for lack of a better term) and/or deleting the posts. May nagaaway dyan kasi may mga matitigas na ulo na di nagbabasa ng guidelines and rules ng forum -- one of them is that if you can't back it up -- don't post it. And the line -- kapatid, ng anak, ng kuya, ng girlfriend, ng uncle just doesn't cut it there.

If you lurk around Ap.Com and GG long enough, you'll get introduced to those in the know, those managing the team, members of the team, and the brothers (and their appropriate handles in the forum.) You'll know which people to believe and which people to consider as entertainment.

izon
10-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Of course -- no forum is immune to tismis and trolls and posers. The difference in Ap.Com and in other forums is the fact that people within the DLSU basketball system are the ones doing the cleanup, modding. Sure, you'd get 1 or 2 posts that might slip through the cracks but sure enough you'll see people in the know and the mods warning them (for lack of a better term) and/or deleting the posts. May nagaaway dyan kasi may mga matitigas na ulo na di nagbabasa ng guidelines and rules ng forum -- one of them is that if you can't back it up -- don't post it. And the line -- kapatid, ng anak, ng kuya, ng girlfriend, ng uncle just doesn't cut it there.

If you lurk around Ap.Com and GG long enough, you'll get introduced to those in the know, those managing the team, members of the team, and the brothers (and their appropriate handles in the forum.) You'll know which people to believe and which people to consider as entertainment.

Ah ok. Akala ko kasi credible yong nagsabi na ang anak nya ang nagbigay ng information na lilipat sa ibang team yong player na classmate nya. The guy could not back up this info he posted ?

GHRanger
10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
It's not as if the guy could not but posts like these are misleading.

1. I could tell you right now that my son is an aspirant for the DLSZ basketball team and he asked these players where they are going -- all of them told him DLSU and 1 would go to UP. But you see, i don't have a son yet. That's how easy it is. Unless confirmed by the regulars and people in the know at Ap.Com, that isn't really much to go with.

2. Players get invited to practice with the team -- this doesn't mean that they're playing with the team for the season. Some players who practiced with us last season are actually playing with other universities and/or other leagues. That's recruitment -- so this isn't a done deal not by a long shot. As mentioned, even TY practiced with ADMU, Jeric Fortuna practiced with us before moving to UST, and so on.

izon
10-29-2009, 09:40 PM
[quote=GHRanger ]
It's not as if the guy could not but posts like these are misleading.

1. I could tell you right now that my son is an aspirant for the DLSZ basketball team and he asked these players where they are going -- all of them told him DLSU and 1 would go to UP. But you see, i don't have a son yet. That's how easy it is. Unless confirmed by the regulars and people in the know at Ap.Com, that isn't really much to go with.

2. Players get invited to practice with the team -- this doesn't mean that they're playing with the team for the season. Some players who practiced with us last season are actually playing with other universities and/or other leagues. That's recruitment -- so this isn't a done deal not by a long shot. As mentioned, even TY practiced with ADMU, Jeric Fortuna practiced with us before moving to UST, and so on.
[/q

Well taken, though it may be hard for me to spot the people in the know at AP. COM. I know only one, that is Green Arrows, the creator of the AP. COM forum ?

green_girl
12-01-2009, 06:24 PM
i heard from a good source that MVP is trying to get capacio and van opstal to play for ateneo and his giving them a big sum of money, im not sure how much though, i just hope they will go to lasalle taft for collage.

Eagle_Eyes
12-01-2009, 07:43 PM
tell your source he's gotten his dates all mixed up.

today is december 1, not april 1. :P

Posterized
12-02-2009, 08:06 AM
LAWL.

Si Glenn ang ayaw pag-aralin anak niya under sa Pumaren. His words, not mine. Willing nga raw ipa-team B e. So stop BS-ing.

coreytaylor
12-02-2009, 08:23 AM
i heard from a good source that MVP is trying to get capacio and van opstal to play for ateneo and his giving them a big sum of money, im not sure how much though, i just hope they will go to lasalle taft for collage.

ui bagong tsismis to ha ;D

glock23
12-03-2009, 04:40 PM
LAWL.

Si Glenn ang ayaw pag-aralin anak niya under sa Pumaren. His words, not mine. Willing nga raw ipa-team B e. So stop BS-ing.

Si Capacio yon! Eh, si Van Opstal? Ilan beses nang humindi, kinukulit pa!

izon
12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
LAWL.

Still hoping for Capacio to join the Archers.

glock23
12-03-2009, 09:18 PM
LAWL.

Still hoping for Capacio to join the Archers.

We'll be happy for him wherever he goes. :)

Posterized
12-04-2009, 10:01 AM
LAWL.

Hahaha hindi ko alam. Ang alam ko lang yung kay Capacio kaya yun lang ang tinama ko. ;D

glock23
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
LAWL.

Hahaha hindi ko alam. Ang alam ko lang yung kay Capacio kaya yun lang ang tinama ko. ;D

Si Van Opstal ang may offer and that i know :) Buti nalang di mukang pera! ;D

Leon_Guerero
12-07-2009, 08:21 AM
[/quote]

Si Van Opstal ang may offer and that i know :) [/b] Buti nalang di mukang pera! ;D[/b]
[/quote]

Pare mabigat yan binitawan mo ah...

glock23
12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Si Van Opstal ang may offer and that i know :) [/b] Buti nalang di mukang pera! ;D[/b]
[/quote]

Pare mabigat yan binitawan mo ah...
[/quote]

Makulit si manay eh...ilang beses nang inayawan, makulit pa din!

shyboy
12-10-2009, 07:29 AM
^ Kapag tumawag ulit si Manay, Si Van Opstal naman ang mag-offer sa kanya para di na mangulit.

izon
12-10-2009, 02:28 PM
^ Kapag tumawag ulit si Manay, Si Van Opstal naman ang mag-offer sa kanya para di na mangulit.

Bukod kay Van Opstal, sino pa ang pinupuntirya ni Manay. Gusto yatang kunin lahat. Paano na yong mga Eaglets na gra gradwet ?

izon
02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Congratulations to the DLSZ for winning the basketball crown in the current MMBL Tournament against the San Beda Red Cubs 80 -76.

paolo
02-07-2010, 10:56 PM
LAWL.

Si Van Opstal ang may offer and that i know :) Buti nalang di mukang pera! ;D
???Case close na Iyan! Elorde, Opstal and Capacio will not be seen in Green jersey after their HS career! ;D

izon
02-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Opstal will play for La Salle.

oca
02-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Congratulations to the DLSZ for winning the basketball crown in the current MMBL Tournament against the San Beda Red Cubs 80 -76.

Sa Division 2 nag kampeon ang Zobel.

Sa Division 1 championship game naman, may isang La Salle team din na pumasok. Yung LSGH, sa sawing palad ito ay tinalo ng Red Cubs-A sa iskor na 47-74.

izon
02-09-2010, 08:22 AM

Sa Division 1 championship game naman, may isang La Salle team din na pumasok. Yung LSGH, sa sawing palad ito ay tinalo ng Red Cubs-A sa iskor na 47-74.

Aray ! Tambak !

kuzma1313
02-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Who are the new recruits for the green archers? Any info, pls...
Thanks alot...

archertoeagle
03-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Where are the seniors going? please indicate the schools they're going to.

Elorde- DLSU/ADMU
Van Opstal- DLSU
De La Paz- DLSU
Herrera-DLSU/ADMU/UP
SEVILLA-CSB
CAPACIO- ADMU
HERNANDEZ-?
PASTOR-?
MORAN-?
PARK-?
ALBANO-?

leon.guinto
03-08-2010, 12:41 AM

Red Cubs pala kalaban...better luck next time... ;-)

GHRanger
04-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Elorde- DLSU/ADMU
Van Opstal- DLSU
De La Paz- DLSU
Herrera-DLSU/ADMU/UP
SEVILLA-CSB
CAPACIO- ADMU
HERNANDEZ-?
PASTOR-?
MORAN-?
PARK-?
ALBANO-?

These guys will suit up for the Green and White in the FilOil Tournament

Elorde
Van Opstal
De La Paz
Herrera

thel3ast
04-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Zobel turned the ball over too much. Their line up is small. They were down by as much as 23 I think. Ended up losing by 9. Axel Torres (Number 11) is a guy to watch. He had a move na naiwan si Kiefer! Scored around 19-21 points. Had a number of steals.

Sam Miguel
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
^^^ Is that the boy with the faux hawk hair-do? He's fearless and quick, but he needs to learn control and recognition or he will keep making as many errors as points.

thel3ast
04-26-2010, 08:22 PM
^Nope, that was Calugcug I think. A senior. He attacks the basket well but tends to shoot too often. Torres was the one playing point guard most of the time and he came off the bench. Free throw shooting is something they need to work on.

machine101
04-26-2010, 11:30 PM
^Nope, that was Calugcug I think. A senior. He attacks the basket well but tends to shoot too often. Torres was the one playing point guard most of the time and he came off the bench. Free throw shooting is something they need to work on.

i saw isaac lim of uno hs playing a while ago. isnt he the point guard of uno high school who once scored 63 pts in a game?

cdcv
07-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Nico Elorde will play for DLSU. But, yeah, Ateneo wanted him to play for them (they made him practice for several times; even had him wear a blue jersey for the practice lang naman). Even NU and CSB wanted him. We're kidding nga one time. Sabi namin, go sa NU basta kapalit SM. SM-Elorde. hahaha! Twas a good joke. But, the kid doesn't want to jeopardize his studies as well as his love for green. He's always been an Archer. Lumaki na siyang berde ang nakasanayan. Okay Ateneo para sa credentials pag graduate, pero puso nya talaga e nasa La Salle. Okay na din yun! 8)

This is a defo.
They had Nico come with them to Chicago and Korea to practice.

nardy
07-03-2010, 02:26 PM
there's talk that the core of the back-to-back Champion Passerelle La Salle Greenhills team had already enrolled in La Salle Zobel ...they are 6'1 Charles Angeles, 6'1 Von Yu, 5'10 John Boo and 5'11 Rodel Joven.

is this true?

nodoubtman
07-03-2010, 08:18 PM
^ Yup they are all there in zobel.

oca
07-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I wonder kung anong problema ang meron sa LSGH at ang core ng Passarelle champion team nila ay lumipat sa Zobel.

Actually, laging may problema dyan, this may have just be the latest among the many and maybe the worst.

As far as I can remember, LSGH is a perennial contender at Passarelle and in fact have won a good number of championships. The question has always been bakit walang "follow through" tayo na nakikita--- like winning the the NCAA Jrs. crown.

Kung titignan mo ang mga paaralan na may malalakas na Pasarelle teams (kids under 16) their Jrs team are consistently very competitive to say the least (e.g. Ateneo, San Beda, Zobel) and their Pasarelle players usually comprise 1/3 or 1/2 of their Jrs line-up.

Napagandang isipin, kung ikaw ay nasa LSGH, you will be part of that NCAA Jrs champions- one among 16 kids that will win first NCAA title since the time of Kurt Bachmann in the 50s. Pero hindi, mas ginusto nila lumipat sa Zobel. UAAP rules will have them sit out a 1 yr residency before they can play. Waiting is not that easy for any kid to do, more so in light of the fact that they can immediate play at the NCAA.

Kung naglipatan nga ang mga yan sa Zobel, mas lalong sisidhi ang pagkamuhi ng LSGH sa Zobel. Muhi na nagsimula nang Zobel ang napiling kumatawan sa LS sa UAAP Jrs....

BLUE HORSE
07-04-2010, 01:28 AM
there's talk that the core of the back-to-back Champion Passerelle La Salle Greenhills team had already enrolled in La Salle Zobel ...they are 6'1 Charles Angeles, 6'1 Von Yu, 5'10 John Boo and 5'11 Rodel Joven.

is this true?

The new feeder program of Zobel is through LSGH. ;) Never mind that sister school LSGH has to compete in the NCAA and the players have to travel quite a distance just to go to school in Alabang. Then again, Zobel has a selling point. Their team only has to go through AHS and maybe FEU for the UAAP championship while LSGH has to go through the gauntlet of JRU, Letran, Baste and Beda. That is quite a tall order to win a championship.

Is Angeles the LSGH recruit from Iloilo by way of LaSalle Bacolod? If yes, then he is the same player who went to Katipunan seeking a tryout and transfer but apparently received the cold shoulder from the administration. He was a no show for the actual tryout given the sure thing full ride offered by Zobel. Is this the revenge of the Jesuit admin, hello Fr._ _ ? Heh heh heh heh. :P

nightowl
07-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Yes, he's the same player who two years ago, when he came over to Manila, was eagerly recruited and given a jersey by Ateneo the very day he arrived.

He chose to go to Greenhills.

BLUE HORSE
07-04-2010, 08:31 AM
If true, he realized that he and his family made a big mistake. LSGH is not close to competing for the NCAA championship any time soon. He received an offer from Zobel together with his other teammates that they could not refuse. Before deciding on Zobel, the family made a trip to Katipunan after reaching out to Atenean regulars of Gameface for assistance but the family did not like the ambivalent or cold shoulder reception from AHS administrators. Off to Alabang to join the LSGH contingent!

thel3ast
07-04-2010, 10:58 PM

is this true?

It's true. Angeles and Joven are my batchmates and I don't see them in LSGH anymore.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-16-2010, 11:00 AM
firelight, I am so sorry but I think your post is inappropriate in this thread, thus I have deleted it. You have discussed a DLSZ player (Jonathan Calugcug) but I would have mistaken that your post is for an Entertainment forum with its content.

Thank you.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-07-2010, 05:39 PM
The Junior Archers won over the NU Bullpups, 57-54 and will have their date with the UST Tiger Cubs on Saturday, 4pm at the FilOil Arena for the next stage of the step ladder playoffs. UST holds a twice to beat advantage on their series.

Thank you to mltan for the updates directly from the FilOil Arena.

slobb_on_my_knob
05-19-2011, 04:27 PM
any news on the DLSZ team? :)

izon
05-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Is there truth to the rumor that Atenean Eaglet Javellosa has joined the DLZ Juniors basketball team ? What is his height ? Read this in another thread.

glock23
05-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Is there truth to the rumor that Atenean Eaglet Javellosa has joined the DLZ Juniors basketball team ? What is his height ? Read this in another thread.

Yep! :)

keeper24
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Is there an official statement on this already? As this is being refuted by the blue side. They are saying this is not true and that he is still in AHS. Was pointed to his FB psge where he still isted as AHS ,

Joescoundrel
06-03-2011, 09:04 AM

Jay Javelosa is a legit 6'3", very long and rangy, plays more 3 than 4 but doesn't really have a jumpshot just yet. Jay is also on the U16 team of Olsen Racela.

Nike Air
07-18-2011, 07:38 PM
The Junior Archers are now 2-0 thanks to their dominating performance last Saturday over the UE Junior Warriors, 92-59.

Forward Charles Angeles is suspected to have an ACL, can anyone confirm this? He was wearing a brace I suppose last Saturday.

yungha
07-20-2011, 10:58 PM
^ i hope not but looks like it. he landed awkwardly after fighting for a rebound. couldn't walk, just stood there wincing in pain while calling for help. you know what they say, it's an ACL if you can't bend your knee. i saw him trying to bend it and he couldn't. probably trying to check for himself if it's indeed the dreaded three-letter injury.

i feel for you, kid. first game of the season and you go down with a season-ender. get well soon.

Nike Air
07-25-2011, 10:22 AM
The Junior Archers are now 3-0 after beating the UST Tiger Cubs last Saturday.

bigfreeze_bibby
07-30-2011, 03:05 PM
DLSZ stays unbeaten after beating FEU-FERN earlier today, 63-60. Gabby Reyes topscored for the Junior Archers with 17 markers.

archer987
07-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Is Gabby Reyes still a sophomore? Zobel has been producing quality players for the seniors team lately.

shyboy
08-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Subido is the sophomore if I'm not mistaken. Gabby Reyes is in his last playing year for Zobel as a senior.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Yup. Gabby Reyes is in his last playing year for the Junior Archers. I am hoping to see him play for the seniors team next year.

Nike Air
08-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Sa pagkakaalam ko, dalawa mawawala sa La Salle next year, which is sina Atkins and Villanueva. Gabby can fill in the spot for Maui while kung makakalusot si Tallo sa entrance exam and eventually matriculates and stays in Taft until next year, mukhang sa kanya ang slot na iiwan ni Atkins.

politburo23
08-02-2011, 06:34 PM
hi,yun guard ng zobel si isaac lim look promising din.i think he can be a addition to the senior team.

james_hunt
08-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Yup. Gabby Reyes is in his last playing year for the Junior Archers. I am hoping to see him play for the seniors team next year.

Consider it done! :)

bigfreeze_bibby
08-03-2011, 06:26 PM
hi,yun guard ng zobel si isaac lim look promising din.i think he can be a addition to the senior team.

Yeah he was a big recruit from Uno High. He is a bit stockier now compared to when I saw him play in Tiong Lian years back.

mapleleafs
09-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Partly off topic, but apart from Migs de Asis, has there been any second generation Junior Archers? Gee's kid may next and he seems to be taller than his dad right now (based on FB pictures).

Nike Air
09-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Masama ang laro ng Zobel kanina and thus losing to the NU Bullpups, 66-52 in their Final Four encounter.

Naging matigas ang ulo ni Boris when he stuck with his 2-3 zone for most of the ballgame habang binabanatan sila ni Napa ng NU nga mga tres. Nung nag-tao-tao naman si Boris, nakain naman siya ng buhay sa loob ni Rivero.

I could say that this is a difficult match up for Zobel. Kung tutuusin, hindi sila ganun kalaking team para maka-match-up sa either NU or even Ateneo. Sina Yu, Joven, at Velhagen ang mga nagpapalitan sa sentro at talaga namang nagbibigay ng mismatch sa loob for Zobel kaya siguro wala ding choice si Boris but to stick with his zone defense.

Hindi ko alam kung anong adjustments ang kailangang gawin ni Boris for their knockout game next week. Mukhang kahit anong depensa ilagay niya, mahihirapan silang kunin ang panalo from NU. From the body language din ng NU kanina, mas may gana silang maglaro kumpara sa Zobel. It came to a point that Zobel had played "kanya-kanya" style inside at tuluyan nang pinabayaang mawala ang laro sa kanila.

Ewan ko lang din and I can't understand why Boris had to be content with this players shooting jumpshots instead of taking it strong inside to get to the free throw line. Masyadong maraming outside shot attempts ang Zobel kanina, puro naman mintis. Hindi na nga pumapasok sa labas, ayaw pa rin kunin sa loob.

From what I saw earlier in the game, hindi ko alam kung papaano makakabalik ang Zobel in their knockout game. The spirit was missing and sana the boys will not let the community down after a good showing in the eliminations. Kunsabagay, sabi nga ng ilang miron na nanonood ng juniors basketball, sakit na ni Boris na maganda ang umpisa pero kapos lagi sa finishing touch.

AnthonyServinio
06-15-2015, 01:11 AM
https://servssports.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/dsc0016.jpg?w=300&h=225 (https://servssports.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/san-beda-rules-2015-filoil/)

SAN JUAN City – De La Salle-Zobel defeated the Malayan High School of Science, 81-71, to cart away the 2015 FilOil Flying V Hanes Premier Cup Sunday (June 14) at the San Juan Arena. READ MORE (https://servssports.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/san-beda-rules-2015-filoil/)