PDA

View Full Version : LSGH Greenies(or Junior Blazers)

Pages : [1] 2

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Since the opening of this new sub-forum for the CSB Blazers, here we can likewise open a new thread for our junior counterparts, the LSGH Greenies. Pls use this thread for discussions and news on the Greenies.:)

GHRanger
06-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Get_Blazed, Global Greenie:
Who's who in the lineup? Kilala ko lang si Coach Hubert!! Hahahaha....

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 01:53 PM

This is LSGH's provisional 20-man line-up for the 2008 NSL.
Joma Adornado
Chino Cruz
Ervin Flores
Mark Franco
Aldo Gamboa
Jio Hanares
Edwhill Malimban
Marvin Manaois
Brandon Bien Quebral
Marcus Reyes
Martin Reyes
Mikee Reyes
Mac Reyes
Jasper Tanhueco
Patrick Vergara
Paolo Vinos
Andrew Wilson
Roel Zacarias

Maybe sir Global Greenie or someone else could give us the final line-up of the LSGH Greenies for the coming 84th Season of the NCAA? ;)

Semenelin
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
san po ba yun anak ni Coach Franz? di ba LSGH din sya?

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Staglets bag juniors crown;
by Reuben Ezra Terrado

Judging from how San Sebastian College-Recoletos Staglets played in the finals of the 2008 Nike Summer League, they can still dominate the coming National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) basketball season.

The Staglets won in lopsided fashion outplaying fellow NCAA member La Salle-Greenhills, 94-79, Friday to win their second straight title in the NSL at the Philsports Arena.

San Sebastian thwarted a slow start with excellent pressure defense finishing the first quarter with a 22-13 lead after the Greenies scored the first four points en route to an early 8-5 lead.

"Medyo gigil lang yung mga bata noong umpisa pero after nila naka-adjust sa depensa, tuluy-tuloy na sila," said San Sebastian coach Raymond Valenzona.

"I told the boys we can't get our offense going until we establish our defense," added Valenzona.

Almond Vosotros finished with 14 points to cap off his tournament after winning the Most Valuable Player honors.

Big man Arvie Bringas had a game-high 27 points and 16 rebounds while wily guard Joseph Gusi had 17 points for the Staglets. Marco Cam also had 12 points and nine rebounds, who will be vying for their fourth straight title in the coming 84th season of the NCAA.

"We are ready for the NCAA," said Valenzona.

The Staglets were never threatened in the game after their slow start. Gusi brought the lead to 24 points--the highest of the game--on a lay-up to give the Staglets a 65-41 lead in the third.

The Staglets were also motivated after they lost to the Greenies in the finals in the other preseason tournament weeks back.

"We prepared for a week for this game. Hindi kami puwede matalo ng dalawang beses sa kanila," said Valenzona.

Mikee Reyes finished with 22 points while Marvin Maraiois had 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Greenies.

La Salle-Greenhills came to within 11 points, 86-75, with only 1:43 left, but time just was not on its side for this one.

Vosotros was also included in the juniors Mythical Five along with Mikee Reyes, Martin Reyes, Gusi, and Bringas.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is a clipping from NSL's article on the Juniors division finals. In which "other preseason tournament" did the Greenies defeated the Staglets? Who here can enlighten us? :D

GHRanger
06-24-2008, 02:34 PM

Yes, but i'm not sure kung grade school or high school

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 02:43 PM

Sorry but I cannot answer that one. Maybe someone else could? :)

bigfreeze_bibby
06-24-2008, 03:07 PM

I think Luigi is still in elementary, grade 7 perhaps?

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 03:26 PM

Bata pa pala. Can he play?

Semenelin
06-24-2008, 03:49 PM

Bata pa pala. Can he play?

part of the NBTC pool. he can play, how well is something i cant answer because i havent seen him play yet. :D

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 03:52 PM
part of the NBTC pool. he can play, how well is something i cant answer because i havent seen him play yet. :D

Really? Pero hindi siya part ng RP Youth team? Cuase I didnt see him anywhere there. Sorry pero di kaya nandun lang siya because of his dad? Or meron tlgang skills and game yung bata? ;)

Joescoundrel
06-24-2008, 04:20 PM
I have been wondering: whatever became of Nico (or is it MICO?) Sollano...? Isn't he the kid on the Milo labels doing his Milo BEST dribble...?

christian
06-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Pareng Get_Blazed, ano ba talaga ang monicker ng LSGH? Greenies or Junior Archers?

bigfreeze_bibby
06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Pareng Get_Blazed, ano ba talaga ang monicker ng LSGH? Greenies or Junior Archers?

Pre, it's Greenies or Junior Blazers. The Junior Archers monicker is being used by DLSZ.

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 05:07 PM

Never call the LSGH Greenies the Junior Archers. Its like calling the Blazers, Green Archers. Its supposed to be Greenies. Pero accepted narin sa pop culture ang Junior Blazers. ;)

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I have been wondering: whatever became of Nico (or is it MICO?) Sollano...? Isn't he the kid on the Milo labels doing his Milo BEST dribble...?

Never heard of him, sir. Sorry :)

christian
06-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Hehehe copy!

Get_Blazed
06-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Im quite impressed with the 2 Reyeses, and Franco. Mukhang may laban ang Greenies this coming NCAA ah.

I just hope graduating players from LSGH would always consider CSB as one of thier first options. :-\

bigfreeze_bibby
06-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Unless Mikee Reyes changes his style of play e for sure it will affect LSGH's chances this season. Based from what I've seen in the last FilOil game, kung ganun lalaruin niya e he won't help his team in the long run. Work-in-progress pa si Mikee and I hope he does improve this season.

bossman
06-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Who is now coach the Junior Blazers? Mon Amador pa din ba?

shyboy
06-24-2008, 10:38 PM
^ LSGH coach is Hubert delos Santos.

Howard the Duck
06-25-2008, 01:22 AM
what are the school colors of LSGH? green and white or green, black and white?

GHRanger
06-25-2008, 09:40 AM

Traditionally -- We've always been green and white.
But for the NCAA, we follow the CSB Blazer's colors of green, black and white.

bigfreeze_bibby
06-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Actually green is just the tertiary color of the Blazers. Their main colors are black and white. I dunno but I think this still has something to do with with NCAA's gap with La Salle when it bolted out of the league in the 80's.

bossman
06-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Who is Hubert Delos Santos? Can you please post his credentials. Thanks..

GHRanger
06-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Hubert delos Santos graduated from LSGH in 1993. He played football (pretty good one too!) in early high school then focused on basketball afterwards.

He coached the Grade School team to a couple of back to back championships (sorry the league name eludes me right now) prior to being given the task to handle the Juniors Squad.

Get_Blazed
06-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Unless Mikee Reyes changes his style of play e for sure it will affect LSGH's chances this season. Based from what I've seen in the last FilOil game, kung ganun lalaruin niya e he won't help his team in the long run. Work-in-progress pa si Mikee and I hope he does improve this season.

Whats wrong with his game sir? Sa tingin ko lang(based on the solitary game na napanuod ko for awhile) masyado nyang sinosolo. Hogging the ball ika nga. I dunno. Maybe its just me?

Get_Blazed
06-25-2008, 10:03 PM

The CSB Blazers' colors, are officially listed as Black and Green. But...

Actually green is just the tertiary color of the Blazers. Their main colors are black and white. I dunno but I think this still has something to do with with NCAA's gap with La Salle when it bolted out of the league in the 80's.

..they use Black and White as their dark and light jerseys, respectively, and only uses green as supplementary color.

On the issue regarding the use of these colors as opposed to the expected white and green, I believe sir AltarBoy can expound on this. So let us give him the floor shall we?.. ;D

p.s.: though I do prefer Black and Green cause I personally think this gives Benilde more of a personal and distinct identity from DLSU-M. ;)

GHRanger
06-25-2008, 10:10 PM

The CSB Blazers' colors, are officially listed as Black and Green. But...

Actually green is just the tertiary color of the Blazers.* Their main colors are black and white.* I dunno but I think this still has something to do with with NCAA's gap with La Salle when it bolted out of the league in the 80's.

..they use Black and White as their dark and light jerseys, respectively, and only uses green as supplementary color.

On the issue regarding the use of these colors as opposed to the expected white and green, I believe sir AltarBoy can expound on this. So let us give him the floor shall we?.. ;D

p.s.: though I do prefer Black and Green cause I personally think this gives Benilde more of a personal and distinct identity from DLSU-M. ;)

I think one of the terms of acceptance into the NCAA was it should be PREDOMINANTLY black. :) as to the reason, G_B has so graciously asked AltarBoy to answer this. hahaha. :D

Get_Blazed
06-25-2008, 10:17 PM
I think one of the terms of acceptance into the NCAA was it should be PREDOMINANTLY black. :) as to the reason, G_B has so graciously asked AltarBoy to answer this. hahaha. :D

Maybe you can already help, sir? I asked sir AB's help since naalala ko nakwento na niya to back in PEX(yun nga lang hindi ganon ka detailed). Baka may alam ka pa sir.. ;)

bossman
06-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Alam mo good thing yun mga alumni ng CSB and LSGH are given a chance to coach there own alma mater. We know naman for the fact Caloy Garcia is given a chance but wala nga lang nagyari. Sana with Hubert, I wish him all the luck naman to bring LSGH to glory land.

Howard the Duck
06-25-2008, 10:46 PM
sorta related on school colors, LSGH doesn't have "LA SALLE" or "LSGH" on their jerseys, but "ST. BENILDE".

I dunno if it is an NCAA policy to use the seniors teamname. guess we'll find out on the debut of the malayan HS team, plus their school colors.

GHRanger
06-25-2008, 10:56 PM
I believe sa NCAA lang yan.* Since we are the Junior counterparts, we too have to carry the name CSB.* In other leagues, PAYA, PRADA and the like we carry La Salle.* There are subtle differences in the way the Old English "L" is made and the intertwined L/S (during my time placed at the shorts.)

edited to add: I think by using La Salle as well it will cut too close to DLSZ and DLSU. Baka di tayo paglaruin ng NCAA Mancom hahahaha...

Yes, I'm curious on how MIT and Malayan will design their uniforms.

woot99
06-25-2008, 11:05 PM
sorta related on school colors, LSGH doesn't have "LA SALLE" or "LSGH" on their jerseys, but "ST. BENILDE".

I dunno if it is an NCAA policy to use the seniors teamname. guess we'll find out on the debut of the malayan HS team, plus their school colors.

I feel the commiseration to the Greenies, to think that St. Benilde is not even in their school’s name. It just shows how bitter the MANNCOM still, when la salle abscond in the NCAA. Even associating the colour green with the school, that even led to suspension or giving of sanctions to the pep squad because of using predominantly the shade of green in their uniforms. ::)

Howard the Duck
06-25-2008, 11:52 PM
I believe sa NCAA lang yan. Since we are the Junior counterparts, we too have to carry the name CSB. In other leagues, PAYA, PRADA and the like we carry La Salle. There are subtle differences in the way the Old English "L" is made and the intertwined L/S (during my time placed at the shorts.)

edited to add: I think by using La Salle as well it will cut too close to DLSZ and DLSU. Baka di tayo paglaruin ng NCAA Mancom hahahaha...

yes. i've noticed the LSGH team in one preseason game i saw on TV used la salle.

the pep squad's drums spell out "LSGH," though

Get_Blazed
06-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Alam mo good thing yun mga alumni ng CSB and LSGH are given a chance to coach there own alma mater. We know naman for the fact Caloy Garcia is given a chance but wala nga lang nagyari. Sana with Hubert, I wish him all the luck naman to bring LSGH to glory land.

Even though Coach Gee Abanilla isnt a Benildean, I hope he coaches our squad with the same passion and dedication like as if it was his own. LSGH and CSB have very close ties anyway.

In fairness to Coach Caloy, he did his part. Its just that it didnt work. Minsan may mali din sa players mismo na hindi natin nakikita.

Get_Blazed
06-26-2008, 07:51 PM

I believe sa NCAA lang yan. Since we are the Junior counterparts, we too have to carry the name CSB. In other leagues, PAYA, PRADA and the like we carry La Salle. There are subtle differences in the way the Old English "L" is made and the intertwined L/S (during my time placed at the shorts.)

The last NCAA juniors match of LSGH that I saw was back in 2006. At that time, their jerseys read "BLAZERS" and not Saint Benilde, which is more acceptable for me. I am against the NCAA making LSGH wear Saint Benilde but Im ok with ther wearing the name Blazers(or Greenies if you must).

Still, Id prefer for them to use similar jerseys to what they used in the preseason(I think it was Nike) wherein their jerseys read "La Salle" then a slightly smaller fontface under it that read "Green Hills". Rather than just bearing La Salle, which would again be too much associated with the DLSU-M. ;)

Get_Blazed
06-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I feel the commiseration to the Greenies, to think that St. Benilde is not even in their school’s name. It just shows how bitter the MANNCOM still, when la salle abscond in the NCAA. Even associating the colour green with the school, that even led to suspension or giving of sanctions to the pep squad because of using predominantly the shade of green in their uniforms. ::)

yes. i've noticed the LSGH team in one preseason game i saw on TV used la salle.

Contrary to what I mentioned above, it was not the Nike Summer League where the Greenies wore a "La Salle Green Hills" jersey. I guess this is the Filoil tourney.

They used a dark green/black jersey with no name during the NSL. Maybe they came to love Black and Green. I know I did(for CSB, atleast). ;D
http://nikebasketball.com.ph/nsl2007/nike/general/images/gallery/0613lsgh-sscrJfin07.jpg

bossman
06-26-2008, 10:22 PM

Even though Coach Gee Abanilla isnt a Benildean, I hope he coaches our squad with the same passion and dedication like as if it was his own. LSGH and CSB have very close ties anyway.

In fairness to Coach Caloy, he did his part. Its just that it didnt work. Minsan may mali din sa players mismo na hindi natin nakikita.

Panu magiging mali ang players if they are not properly motivated? Ask them if we could get any good feedback about Caloy?

Get_Blazed
06-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Panu magiging mali ang players if they are not properly motivated? Ask them if we could get any good feedback about Caloy?

You cant always blame the coach. Passion and perseverance should come from the players.

bossman
06-27-2008, 03:38 PM

You cant always blame the coach. Passion and perseverance should come from the players.

How could they get it if they are not properly taught and motivated. Sana you would know the stories happening behind them para alam mo sino dapat masisi sa lahat ng pangyayari!

jayts
06-28-2008, 12:27 AM

I believe sa NCAA lang yan.* Since we are the Junior counterparts, we too have to carry the name CSB.* In other leagues, PAYA, PRADA and the like we carry La Salle.* There are subtle differences in the way the Old English "L" is made and the intertwined L/S (during my time placed at the shorts.)

edited to add:* I think by using La Salle as well it will cut too close to DLSZ and DLSU.* Baka di tayo paglaruin ng NCAA Mancom hahahaha...

The last NCAA juniors match of LSGH that I saw was back in 2006. At that time, their jerseys read "BLAZERS" and not Saint Benilde, which is more acceptable for me. I am against the NCAA making LSGH wear Saint Benilde but Im ok with ther wearing the name Blazers(or Greenies if you must).

Still, Id prefer for them to use similar jerseys to what they used in the preseason(I think it was Nike) wherein their jerseys read "La Salle" then a slightly smaller fontface under it that read "Green Hills". Rather than just bearing La Salle, which would again be too much associated with the DLSU-M. ;)

For the first few games during the year LSGH returned to the NCAA they used their La Salle uniforms and rightfully so. But the NCAA mancom as previously mentioned in this fora threatened to impose sanctions on the school if they did not changed their name to the College of St. Benilde. It is only in the NCAA that the school uses the name CSB-LSGH or St. Benilde-LSGH.

jayts
06-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Hubert delos Santos graduated from LSGH in 1993.* He played football (pretty good one too!) in early high school then focused on basketball afterwards.*

He coached the Grade School team to a couple of back to back championships (sorry the league name eludes me right now) prior to being given the task to handle the Juniors Squad.

Coach Hubert was a fiery and intense point guard when he played for LSGH in the early 90's. He also played for UP in the UAAP.

Global Greenie
06-29-2008, 12:55 AM

Here is the official line-up of the Greenies for Season '84:

4 Vergara
5 Adornado
6 Franco
7 Reyes, Mikee
8 Quebral
9 Malimban
10 Reyes, McCoy
11 Reyes, Martin
12 Gamboa
13 Viñas
14 Flores
15 Tanhueco
16 Cruz
17 Henares
18 Reyes, Mac

Global Greenie
06-29-2008, 01:16 AM

Contrary to what I mentioned above, it was not the Nike Summer League where the Greenies wore a "La Salle Green Hills" jersey. I guess this is the Filoil tourney.

They used a dark green/black jersey with no name during the NSL. Maybe they came to love Black and Green. I know I did(for CSB, atleast). ;D

It seems as if they have a split personality na nga.

The Greenies uniform in the NSL was dark green/black with the LSGH seal.

For the LSGH - AHS exhibition game in the Fil-Oil Tourney, they carried La Salle Green Hills (finally).

I'm told that this season, the jerseys will carry Benilde as main visual and also CSB-LSGH as a sub-visual. It will also have the LSGH seal. The jackets they wore in the opening parade had CSB-LSGH and the LSGH Seal too. I guess they want to finally establish their identity. After all LSGH will be celebrating their Golden Anniversary in 2009.

woot99
06-29-2008, 07:39 AM
^^ at least CSB-LSGH would do, the name LSGH is now visible unlike the previous year where in they would only put benilde in their jerseys or on their jackets.

bigfreeze_bibby
06-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Actually ang NCAA mancom lang naman yung nag-iinarte dyan e. They cannot force or put within themselves na ang LSGH e CSB din. The CSB-LSGH thing is the best appropriate thing to do for the Greenies to give themseves the identity that LSGH deserves. Mas astig din yung Rangers monicker for LSGH.

Get_Blazed
06-29-2008, 10:53 AM

For the LSGH - AHS exhibition game in the Fil-Oil Tourney, they carried La Salle Green Hills (finally).

I'm told that this season, the jerseys will carry Benilde as main visual and also CSB-LSGH as a sub-visual. It will also have the LSGH seal. The jackets they wore in the opening parade had CSB-LSGH and the LSGH Seal too. I guess they want to finally establish their identity. After all LSGH will be celebrating their Golden Anniversary in 2009.

"La Salle Gree Hills" should at least be their name. I would understand if the ManCom would not allow them to use "La Salle" since masyado tong associated the DLSU-M. But LSGH deserves an identity distinct from Benilde, just like CSB deserves a distinct identity from DLSU-M. Too much association with each other might be the cause of this whole thing(which could partially mean good). Good luck to the Greenies this Season! ;)

nastrans
06-29-2008, 05:41 PM
I was told that even in the cheering bawal daw yung nagpapana pag halftime.

Get_Blazed
06-29-2008, 10:03 PM

That's false. Completely untrue. Even the Green Peppers(CSB Pep Squad) does that. It has become somehow a trademark of all DLSP schools during halftime performances.

GHRanger
06-30-2008, 09:33 AM

That's false. Completely untrue. Even the Green Peppers(CSB Pep Squad) does that. It has become somehow a trademark of all DLSP schools during halftime performances.

There was a time circa early 1990s that we (the LSGH Pep Squad) used to call ourselves as Green Peppers. Even drawing a cheering chili pepper on the skin of our base drum.

AltarBoy^_^
06-30-2008, 05:30 PM
The Green Pepper monicker was handed down to the CSB Pep Squad back in '98 till '01 or '02 (I think) season. Some of the cheerleaders graduated from LSGH. ;D

GHRanger
06-30-2008, 05:39 PM
The Green Pepper monicker was handed down to the CSB Pep Squad back in '98 till '01 or '02 (I think) season. Some of the cheerleaders graduated from LSGH.* ;D

Yep, that should be the right timing.

Get_Blazed
06-30-2008, 07:38 PM
The Green Pepper monicker was handed down to the CSB Pep Squad back in '98 till '01 or '02 (I think) season. Some of the cheerleaders graduated from LSGH. ;D

We could share the name. After all, we do have real close ties. :D

GHRanger
07-01-2008, 01:40 PM
The Green Pepper monicker was handed down to the CSB Pep Squad back in '98 till '01 or '02 (I think) season. Some of the cheerleaders graduated from LSGH.* ;D

We could share the name. After all, we do have real close ties. :D

No issues really, I was just pleasantly surprised that the name Green Peppers was used and is still alive.

Get_Blazed
07-01-2008, 05:13 PM
No issues really, I was just pleasantly surprised that the name Green Peppers was used and is still alive.

But I do want the LSGH to continue using it. To further strenghten our ties. :)

Global Greenie
07-02-2008, 07:33 AM
The Greenies have a game today at 10:00 am. Opponent is Perpetual though not a full line up because of a brawl that broke out in the game of Perpetual vs Baste. I read that 4 players from both teams were ejected. This means the ones ejected can't play in their next game. For Perpetual, that's against the Greenies. For Baste, its against Mapua.

Get_Blazed
07-02-2008, 05:06 PM
The Greenies have a game today at 10:00 am. Opponent is Perpetual though not a full line up because of a brawl that broke out in the game of Perpetual vs Baste. I read that 4 players from both teams were ejected. This means the ones ejected can't play in their next game. For Perpetual, that's against the Greenies. For Baste, its against Mapua.

Who won between the Greenies and Perps? Your big brothers just beat their big brothers. ;D ;D ;D

GHRanger
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM
According to Global Geenie at AP.Com

The Rangers este Greenies won this game (sorry - i'm a fan of the original name)

nastrans
07-02-2008, 09:55 PM
95-76 Greenies won

Get_Blazed
07-02-2008, 10:14 PM
According to Global Geenie at AP.Com

The Rangers este Greenies won this game (sorry - i'm a fan of the original name)

Haha, Rangers it is then. ;)

bigfreeze_bibby
07-03-2008, 07:14 AM
For LSGH, the tough tests lie ahead against San Sebastian, San Beda, Letran, and JRU. If they can hurdle these teams, malakas ang chance na makapasok sa final four ang LSGH. Mikey Reyes had a good game yesterday, cheating a triple-double (2 assists na lang ata kulang niya) combined by the good efforts of Mark Franco and Martin Reyes. Etong tatlong ito ang magdadala ng bandera for the Junior Blazers this season and I should say all of them should have good games in order for LSGH to win every game possible this season.

bossman
07-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Sana ang maging next coach ng LSGH si Richus Mendoza na!

jayts
07-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Who is Richus Mendoza?

bossman
07-05-2008, 11:25 PM
A coach in the grade school ranks in LSGH. He is very young and has a lot of promise. Former team mates kami sa CSB and knowing his coaching style, he deserves a shot for the NCAA Juniors squad.

Global Greenie
07-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Does someone have the stats of the games? Please share via post. Thanks.

Get_Blazed
07-06-2008, 12:17 PM
A coach in the grade school ranks in LSGH. He is very young and has a lot of promise. Former team mates kami sa CSB and knowing his coaching style, he deserves a shot for the NCAA Juniors squad.

OT: sabi ko na ikaw si Boss Anton of PEX eh. ;)

GHRanger
07-06-2008, 01:44 PM

I would say give coach Hubert a shot first around 3-5 years. He's barely in his first game in the NCAA and your asking for another coach to take a shot for his place? Remember Hubert also came from grade school coaching ranks and has led the Greenies to many championships before being appointed as Juniors coach this year.

mac04
07-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Animo LSGH! :)

cub
07-08-2008, 09:54 AM
JRU 105 — Agovida 37, Vigil 22, Saret 19, Villena 14, Madlangbayan 7, Oliveria 6, Barranco 0, Mathias 0, Lontoc 0, Viyal 0, Yasa 0.

LSGH 80 — Reyes Mart. 29, Reyes Mi. 19, Franco 11, Malimban 7, Reyes Marc. 5, Henares 5, Flores 2, Tanchueco 2, Vergara 0, Flores 0, Cruz 0.

Quarters: 22-20, 57-42, 74-58, 105-80.

nastrans
07-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Although Martin Reyes had a strong game, JRU really put a lot of pounding on him inside, sometimes putting two men on him inside the basket. While he got his points, mostly the rest of the team was off and the guards were committing a lot of turnovers yesterday.

Get_Blazed
07-10-2008, 08:49 PM
LSGH's next game would be against the Malayan Science HS tom morning. I assume this would be more like playing a tune-up game for them eh? ;)

No disrespect for Mapua's junior squad, but I know that theres no real program and this squad was only coined for this season's hosting purposes. Hope they would put up a fight though. Time for the shock troopers of the Greenies to strut their stuff! :D

Global Greenie
07-11-2008, 05:33 PM
LSGH's next game would be against the Malayan Science HS tom morning. I assume this would be more like playing a tune-up game for them eh? ;)

No disrespect for Mapua's junior squad, but I know that theres no real program and this squad was only coined for this season's hosting purposes. Hope they would put up a fight though. Time for the shock troopers of the Greenies to strut their stuff! :D

The Greenies won, and the "shock :o troopers" really shocked the lights out of Mapua. The winning margin was 111 points. Final score was 139 - 28.

Get_Blazed
07-12-2008, 08:04 PM
The Greenies won, and the "shock :o troopers" really shocked the lights out of Mapua. The winning margin was 111 points. Final score was 139 - 28.

As expected. Sana lang nanalo din yung Benilde sa Senior's game. :-[

Global Greenie
07-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Current Junior's standings as of July 14:

SSC 4 0
JRU 2 1
CSB 2 2
SBC 1 1
CSJL* *1 1
UPHD* 1 2
MIT* ** 0 4

Get_Blazed
07-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Current Junior's standings as of July 14:

SSC 4 0
JRU 2 1
CSB 2 2
SBC 1 1
CSJL 1 1
UPHD 1 2
MIT 0 4

Good luck to the LSGH-CSB Greenies! Final 4! ;)

bigfreeze_bibby
07-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I think LSGH has just beaten the Red Cubs by 16 points. They're now 3-2 and back in the hunt for a final four slot. I just read the info courtesy of Global Greenie in AP.com.

Global Greenie
07-18-2008, 07:52 PM
I think LSGH has just beaten the Red Cubs by 16 points.* They're now 3-2 and back in the hunt for a final four slot.* I just read the info courtesy of Global Greenie in AP.com.

Yup, yup. Confirming ... final score was CSB-LSGH 86 - SBC 70.

The Greenies really strutted their stuff earlier today. Their offense was awesome, their defense was "awesome-r"!

izon
07-18-2008, 07:55 PM
I think LSGH has just beaten the Red Cubs by 16 points.* They're now 3-2 and back in the hunt for a final four slot.* I just read the info courtesy of Global Greenie in AP.com.

Yup, yup. Confirming ... final score was CSB-LSGH 86 - SBC 70.

The Greenies really strutted their stuff earlier today. Their offense was awesome, their defense was "awesome-r"!

Congratulations !!!! Now if only their senior counterparts . . . . . . .

Get_Blazed
07-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the updates, sirs. Keep them coming. ;)

danny
07-25-2008, 07:50 AM

edited to add:* I think by using La Salle as well it will cut too close to DLSZ and DLSU.* Baka di tayo paglaruin ng NCAA Mancom hahahaha...

It is unbecoming of "rule-enforcers"* who declared to consistently follow the letter of the law to even complain about these things. Rule abiders are never victims of the rule.

Please do act accordingly. I implore you in the name of the Letter of the Law.

LION
07-25-2008, 08:21 AM

"La Salle Gree Hills" should at least be their name. I would understand if the ManCom would not allow them to use "La Salle" since masyado tong associated the DLSU-M. But LSGH deserves an identity distinct from Benilde, just like CSB deserves a distinct identity from DLSU-M. Too much association with each other might be the cause of this whole thing(which could partially mean good). Good luck to the Greenies this Season! ;)

Misrepresentation of school name/identity.

Get_Blazed
07-25-2008, 08:34 AM
We are only saying that LSGH is not really CSB so we think they rightfully deserve an identity. But that end with our words, no more no less. ;)

LION
07-25-2008, 08:50 AM
^
I know Get_Blazed. And it's not the fault of LSGH or CSB. Malinaw naman kung sino. ;)

I just wanted to point out how absurd things have become considering that the misrepresentation in the jersey is even mandated by the league.

bossman
07-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Go junior Blazers' let's go!

christian
07-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Graduating na ba si Mikey Reyes?

bigfreeze_bibby
07-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Graduating na ba si Mikey Reyes?

Yes. I believe he's graduating next year March.

Global Greenie
08-05-2008, 09:49 PM
The Greenies finished the 1st Round with a 3-3- card which was good enough for 4th place. Ahead are Baste, JRU and Letran.

Tomorrow, Aug. 6, they begin the second round versus Letran. Game time is at 11:30.

Good Luck Greenies/Junior Blazers!

Get_Blazed
08-05-2008, 09:52 PM
The Greenies finished the 1st Round with a 3-3- card which was good enough for 4th place. Ahead are Baste, JRU and Letran.

Tomorrow, Aug. 6, they begin the second round versus Letran. Game time is at 11:30.

Good Luck Greenies/Junior Blazers!

Good luck to the Greenies! Animo! ;)

bigfreeze_bibby
08-06-2008, 04:38 PM
The Greenies also lost to the Squires, 101-88 as posted in archerpride.com.

Get_Blazed
08-06-2008, 07:43 PM
The Greenies also lost to the Squires, 101-88 as posted in archerpride.com.

Aww. Sana umabot parin tayo Final Four. Ano na standings, Sir?

bossman
08-06-2008, 11:13 PM
I saw the game and you would not like how they played!

Get_Blazed
08-07-2008, 08:42 AM
I saw the game and you would not like how they played!

Why?

Global Greenie
08-12-2008, 09:53 PM
The Greenies played well against JRU yesterday! They were able to pull a squeaker off 94-93.

The combination of Martin and Mikee Reyes was solid. Martin would draw defense to him and leave the lane open for Mikee and Mark Franco to slash in. On other instances, Mikee would drive and draw coverage then dish to Martin who would finish. Franco also hit from the outside and would orchestrate plays alternating with Mikee.

Martin Reyes scored a double double 23 points and 13 boards. This was also complemented with 3 steals and 2 blocks. Mikee also had a double double performance 18 points and 12 assists while Mark Franco had 21 points.

Other scorers were, Quebral 8, Flores 7, Malimban 5, Adornado 3, Viñas 3, McCoy Reyes 2, Henares 2, Mac Reyes 2

christian
08-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Your team negated Agovida's 43 points. Congrats.

Get_Blazed
08-12-2008, 10:05 PM
The Greenies played well against JRU yesterday! They were able to pull a squeaker off 94-93.

The combination of Martin and Mikee Reyes was solid. Martin would draw defense to him and leave the lane open for Mikee and Mark Franco to slash in. On other instances, Mikee would drive and draw coverage then dish to Martin who would finish. Franco also hit from the outside and would orchestrate plays alternating with Mikee.

Martin Reyes scored a double double 23 points and 13 boards. This was also complemented with 3 steals and 2 blocks. Mikee also had a double double performance 18 points and 12 assists while Mark Franco had 21 points.

Other scorers were, Quebral 8, Flores 7, Malimban 5, Adornado 3, Viñas 3, McCoy Reyes 2, Henares 2, Mac Reyes 2

Wow! Congratulations to the Greenies! Sana mag-Benilde nalang kayo after HS..:-\

bossman
09-04-2008, 07:09 PM
How I wish yun star ng LSGH mag punta sa CSB. Pero kasi hindi winning program kaya ayaw siguro. Just to tell you all na bilib kami sa players ng DLSZ nun halos lahat sila nag try out sa CSB nun 2003. In fact dapat kuha yun core nun team nila kaso naalis si Coach Dong. That is what I'm pointing out na if you are winning program players would be coming easily.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 08:11 PM
How I wish yun star ng LSGH mag punta sa CSB. Pero kasi hindi winning program kaya ayaw siguro. Just to tell you all na bilib kami sa players ng DLSZ nun halos lahat sila nag try out sa CSB nun 2003. In fact dapat kuha yun core nun team nila kaso naalis si Coach Dong. That is what I'm pointing out na if you are winning program players would be coming easily.

Dapat kasi, yung mga hindi naman fitted sa LS, sa Benilde din mag-try. Hindi naman lahat ng players ng LSGH at DLSZ ay mapupunta sa LS. Sayang kung sa program pa ng iba mapunta eh.

Get_Blazed
09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
San Sebastian Staglets 11 0
Letran Squires 8 3
JRU Light Bombers 6 4
LSGH Greenies 6 5
San Beda Red Cubs 5 5
UPHD Altalettes 2 10
Malayan Red Robins 0 11

The Greenies would be playing SBC, while the Cubs would be playing first the Squires.
In an event where the Cub would lose to the Squires, we only need to win over the Cubs to advance. Else, we need to play them again for a tie-breaker.

Good luck Greenies! Animo Benilde! ;)

bossman
09-04-2008, 10:04 PM

Dapat kasi, yung mga hindi naman fitted sa LS, sa Benilde din mag-try. Hindi naman lahat ng players ng LSGH at DLSZ ay mapupunta sa LS. Sayang kung sa program pa ng iba mapunta eh.

Mga sobrang galing ata nila kaya di na nila kailangan CSB

Get_Blazed
09-05-2008, 05:13 PM

Mga sobrang galing ata nila kaya di na nila kailangan CSB

I admire Christian De La Paz for going to CSB, despite being 2007 MIP of the Jrs. Ewan ko lang kung highly scouted din ba siya. Pero if he chose CSB over other schools in the 2 leagues not named La Salle, eh ok parin. ;)

Global Greenie
09-05-2008, 10:03 PM
The San Beda Red Cubs lost to the Letran Squires earlier today paving the way for the Greenies gaining a final 4 slot via a win against the Cubs on Monday.

Not sure when the last time was that they were in the final 4 but, Good Luck to the Greenies!

Get_Blazed
09-05-2008, 10:56 PM
The San Beda Red Cubs lost to the Letran Squires earlier today paving the way for the Greenies gaining a final 4 slot via a win against the Cubs on Monday.

Not sure when the last time was that they were in the final 4 but, Good Luck to the Greenies!

Good luck to the Greenies! Please win against the Cubs! Bring back the Glory! ;)

lekiboy
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM

Good luck to the Greenies! Please win against the Cubs! Bring back the Glory! ;)

pakilinaw nga po kung anu-ano at ilan na titles ng LSGH in the past? medyo di ko alam e. curious lang po sa "bring back the glory"....

Get_Blazed
09-05-2008, 11:17 PM
pakilinaw nga po kung anu-ano at ilan na titles ng LSGH in the past? medyo di ko alam e. curious lang po sa "bring back the glory"....

I sense na may laman yang statement mo. ::)

What I meant there was for them to somehow redeem the Blazers by making the final 4. Glory. Or should the term be "honor"? Doesnt really matter, or does it?

lekiboy
09-06-2008, 12:01 AM
^ nope- you just read too much.... i honestly do not know if the greenies won titles before... obviously, hindi sa NCAA with the blazers.... PRADA? MMBL? National Interollegiate? FCBL? at least, you clarified the "glory".....

mabuti na yung malinaw, di ba?

salamat.

Get_Blazed
09-06-2008, 11:44 AM
^ nope- you just read too much.... i honestly do not know if the greenies won titles before... obviously, hindi sa NCAA with the blazers.... PRADA? MMBL? National Interollegiate? FCBL? at least, you clarified the "glory".....

mabuti na yung malinaw, di ba?

salamat.

Yep. Wala pa nga silang basketball title. Same with Benilde, malakas lang ang over-all sports program nila winning 3(?) General Championships with Benilde. And 8 with DLSU before.

Eto: "Bring us Glory!" o yun na. ;)

Get_Blazed
09-08-2008, 07:03 PM
"..In the other game, La Salle-Greenhills beat San Beda 77-68 to clinch the last final-four berth.

With the win, the Greenies (7-5) face the Light Bombers (7-5) in the first stepladder match on Monday with the winner taking on Letran."

Weee! Great job, Greenies! ;)

I think if LSGH wins over JRU, isahan nalang yon tapos sila ang maglalaro vs Letran sa semifinals. Or vice versa. Waiting is Baste of the winner.

First time din ito na natanggal ang Red Cubs from joining the Final 4 since a long time.

Good luck on Monday vs JRU, Greenies! Animo Benilde! ;)

Global Greenie
09-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Mikee Reyes top scored with 29 points, had 5 rebounds, 8 assists and 3 steals. Martin Reyes has another double double performance. He complemented his 20 point performance with 16 rebounds, 4 blocks, 2 assists and 2 steals. While Mark Franco helped with 11 points 3 assists and 5 steals.

it was a thriller of a game as the Red Cubs did not go without a fight. Final score was 77 - 68.

Here are today's box scores:

Mikee Reyes 29
Martin Reyes 20
Franco 11
Henares 6
Malimban 5
McCoy Reyes 4
Adornado 2
Vergara 0
Quebral 0
Gamboa 0
Cruz 0
Mac Reyes 0

Congrats to the Greenies. On to the final 4. First game is against JRU on Monday.

eightyfiver
09-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Sir, anak ba ni Bogs iyang Adornado? Thanks.

Global Greenie
09-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Sir, anak ba ni Bogs iyang Adornado? Thanks.

Yes. Joma Adornado is the son of Bogs.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Sino naka-occupy ng 2nd place? Is it Letran?

Get_Blazed
09-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Sino naka-occupy ng 2nd place? Is it Letran?

Yup, then JRU is third.

bossman
09-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Step ladder format ang final four di ba?

Get_Blazed
09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Step ladder format ang final four di ba?

Yes, because of the Staglets' sweep of the elims.

Global Greenie
09-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Sino naka-occupy ng 2nd place?* Is it Letran?

Yup, then JRU is third.

LSGH is 3rd, JRU ang 4th but it does not matter. They play each other for right to face 2nd placer Letran.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
LSGH is 3rd, JRU ang 4th but it does not matter. They play each other for right to face 2nd placer Letran.

Does Letran hold a twice to beat advantage?

Get_Blazed
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM

I believe so. Please confirm though. :)

The_Big_Cat
09-12-2008, 01:22 PM

I believe so. Please confirm though. :)

No. Step-ladder playoffs ang LSGH, Light Bombers and Squires because San Sebastian swept the eliminations.

Kung natalo lang sana ng isa ang Staglets sa eliminations balik sa normal final four format with the Staglets and Squires having the twice-to-beat advantage.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-12-2008, 06:04 PM
No. Step-ladder playoffs ang LSGH, Light Bombers and Squires because San Sebastian swept the eliminations.

Kung natalo lang sana ng isa ang Staglets sa eliminations balik sa normal final four format with the Staglets and Squires having the twice-to-beat advantage.

I asked the question because last year in the step ladder format of the UAAP, DLSU had a twice to beat advantage as the number two team. Baka lang same yung format na gagamitin din sa NCAA. It will be better though for LSGH as they'll go two knockout games before reaching the finals.

Get_Blazed
09-12-2008, 08:48 PM

I asked the question because last year in the step ladder format of the UAAP, DLSU had a twice to beat advantage as the number two team. Baka lang same yung format na gagamitin din sa NCAA. It will be better though for LSGH as they'll go two knockout games before reaching the finals.

Yun nga rin ang naalala ko. KAla ko same applies. Sana umabot ang LSGH sa Finals.

bossman
09-14-2008, 12:16 AM
We just wanna say who do think they are? Puro yabang but they won't be playing for CSB

bossman
09-14-2008, 12:25 AM
We just wanna say who do you think they are? Puro yabang but they won't be playing for CSB anyway

bigfreeze_bibby
09-16-2008, 11:16 AM
The Greenies lost to JRU yesterday to the tune of 95-89 in overtime. Nakakalungkot isipin that LSGH had the lead most of the way only to succumb to pressure in the end game. I had to say that Mikey Reyes lost the game for his team as he almost tried to lift the Greenies alone kahit na madami siyang kakampi that can help him. Kahit na sobrang traffic at sobrang ganda ng depensa ng JRU e pinipilit i-drive which resulted one crucial turnover to another. Even if he was able to made 14 assists, it was negated by his 9 turnovers in the game.

Masakit pa nito was that Keith Agovida was not playing anymore due to graduation (with 5 fouls) and LSGH was not able to capitalize the situation. They were buried by Joshua Saret who scored 31 points I think with a 7-of-15 shooting from the three point range and most of those were scored in the 4th quarter and overtime where JRU had to resurrect themselves from being down throughout the game. LSGH even had the lead with 11 seconds left before JRU made another three to force the game into overtime at 85-all.

LSGH actually suffered a tough lesson on how to lose a won ballgame. The coaching staff had already seen the comeback but no adjustments were made, for me it was too late to react on focusing the defense on Saret since he was already hot from beyond the arc when coach Hubert gave the task to Quebral to man Saret to no avail. Saret made 3 open three balls due to LSGH's "poor" 1-3-1 zone defense and add to that the slow rotation of the boys which enabled Saret to knock open crucial threes.

Once Saret settled in, kahit na nasa harap pa si Quebral e wala na ring magawa since Saret has been feeling it, he even connected shots from a feet or two away from the PBA range. Another error that I have seen is the benching of Joma Adornado, whom I felt would have helped the Greenies in the crucial stages of the ballgame since he was able to keep defenses honest because he can dribble and pull up for the medium range jumper and he was also hot from the three point region for most stages of the ballgame. Same can be said on Mark Franco.

Sayang talaga yung game for me because I felt the boys fought hard and came prepared for the game. They played 38 minutes of good basketball only to falter on the crucial 7 minutes because of poor in-game adjustment and one point guard who does not know how to share the basketball and takes matters into his own hands. Had LSGH set up even in their possibly last stand in the 4th quarter, tingin ko makakahabol pa sila and still can get that win. I hope there were lessons learned in this game and it's back to the drawing board for the Greenies.

I am not sure who will be left for next year's team but from what I know it will be Mikee Reyes, Martin Reyes, Mark Franco and Joma Adornado. I think Global Greenie can help me identify the others who will graduate.

Global Greenie
09-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Sayang talaga yung game ng Greenies. They prepared well and were so much in the fight. Too bad for the final results.

BFB, any comments on the ones who played well?

I believe that Martin Reyes had an exceptional all around game. Joma Adornado shot well from the outside. This was his breakout game and what a time to have it. Edwhill Malimban similarly had a good offensive game. Gio Henares was also a big help in the shaded lane.

As to the graduating players, majority of them will be moving on to college. I think that there are just going to be less than 5 players who will holdover.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Sayang talaga yung game ng Greenies. They prepared well and were so much in the fight. Too bad for the final results.

BFB, any comments on the ones who played well?

I believe that Martin Reyes had an exceptional all around game. Joma Adornado shot well from the outside. This was his breakout game and what a time to have it. Edwhill Malimban similarly had a good offensive game. Gio Henares was also a big help in the shaded lane.

As to the graduating players, majority of them will be moving on to college. I think that there are just going to be less than 5 players who will holdover.

For the guys who played well, I'd comment on Franco, Adornado, Martin Reyes, and Malimban. Si Malimban nakikita kong parang Ryan Araña in the future because of his sipag and good off the ball movement. Athletic din siya and can play the small forward spot in college. Magdevelop lang siya ng jumpshot niya and he'll be okay for the seniors game. He's the most fit to be inserted in pressing type of team like La Salle or CSB (because sometimes I see Dalanon and Montecastro doing press formations and will try to force turns on opposing guards).

If Adornado can develop a good dribble (although I feel that he already has one right now, konting enhancements pa) and can show that he can play the point guard position, puede na siya for college game. The kid knows how to create his own shot kahit na maganda kamay niya from the three point region and from the perimeter. Mukhang nakuha talent ng dad niya as far as shooting is concerned. He needs to bulk up a little bit though in preparation sa banggaan sa seniors.

Si Franco nakikita ko maganda upside sa batang ito because he can already play the point plus a consistent perimeter game extending to the three point area. I think he just needs to refine yung creation niya for his own shot although he has already shown some nice moves back in their game last Monday. Hindi lang talaga sila magclick ni Mikey as backcourt partners. Sad to say but during the crucial moments, I would have gone to Mark instead of sticking it on an uncontrollable Mikey Reyes.

For Martin, he needs to develop an outside shot if he wants to play in the seniors division. There's no doubt about sa hardwork and puso nung bata. He times his rebounds very well and masipag talaga kumuha ng rebounds kaya lang there were times back in the game last Monday that the JRU defense clogged the paint and Martin should have instead pulled up some jumpers pero he was forcing it inside resulting to missed shots. If he has that consistent jumper, mas nakatulong sana yun sa kanila. Pero madedevelop pa naman yun so I don't worry that much about that.

Nagtataka ako kay Flores why he was not used last Monday. May nagawa ba itong kasalanan kay coach Hubert kaya ito nabangko? He could have contributed as well on offense in breaking down JRU's 2-3 zone defense.

Get_Blazed
09-17-2008, 08:59 PM
The Greenies lost to JRU yesterday to the tune of 95-89 in overtime. Nakakalungkot isipin that LSGH had the lead most of the way only to succumb to pressure in the end game.

Ouch, sayang naman. Mukhang nahawa sa sakit ng Blazers. Sayang din how Mikey Reyes tried to do everything by himself, siguro he will mature in time. You mentioned may 1 year pa siya sa squad diba?

Tough lost for the Greenies. Guess its better luck next season on our NCAA quests. :-\

Get_Blazed
09-17-2008, 09:07 PM
For the guys who played well, I'd comment on Franco, Adornado, Martin Reyes, and Malimban. Si Malimban nakikita kong parang Ryan Araña in the future because of his sipag and good off the ball movement. Athletic din siya and can play the small forward spot in college. Magdevelop lang siya ng jumpshot niya and he'll be okay for the seniors game. He's the most fit to be inserted in pressing type of team like La Salle or CSB (because sometimes I see Dalanon and Montecastro doing press formations and will try to force turns on opposing guards).

For Martin, he needs to develop an outside shot if he wants to play in the seniors division. There's no doubt about sa hardwork and puso nung bata. He times his rebounds very well and masipag talaga kumuha ng rebounds kaya lang there were times back in the game last Monday that the JRU defense clogged the paint and Martin should have instead pulled up some jumpers pero he was forcing it inside resulting to missed shots. If he has that consistent jumper, mas nakatulong sana yun sa kanila. Pero madedevelop pa naman yun so I don't worry that much about that.

Guys with hustle are always priority even if they are not that talented, the heart matters too. Ano height nito, sir? Yes, CSB also do presses especially our resident hustle-man CD, and Montecastro, na gumagana naman. Problem lang nila medyo hindi consistent ang shooting nila(especially Montecastro, whose weakness is his shooting ability). Speaking of which, many question Martin Reyes' ability to play in the collegiate ranks, due to his height(medyo alanganin daw) and you mentioned, yung outside scoring nya.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-18-2008, 10:51 AM
To be honest, Martin is alanganin to play the power forward position in college so he really has to develop a decent perimeter jumper to keep defenses honest on him or else wala din mangyayari sa kanya doon because there will be bigger and stronger guys to defend the paint in the seniors game. So malamang if I were the coach, I'd put him in the small forward position. He can dribble drive naman, kaya lang when you're a wingman, it will be also imperative for you to knock down open jumpers.

Si Malimban, if I'm not mistaken e nasa 6'1" siguro yan. Sabi ko nga, magkaroon lang ng jumpshot yan, puede na siya sa seniors game. Masipag sa hustle yung bata at puedeng-puede sa pressing-type college teams.

Get_Blazed
09-18-2008, 05:25 PM
To be honest, Martin is alanganin to play the power forward position in college so he really has to develop a decent perimeter jumper to keep defenses honest on him or else wala din mangyayari sa kanya doon because there will be bigger and stronger guys to defend the paint in the seniors game.* So malamang if I were the coach, I'd put him in the small forward position.* He can dribble drive naman, kaya lang when you're a wingman, it will be also imperative for you to knock down open jumpers.

Si Malimban, if I'm not mistaken e nasa 6'1" siguro yan.* Sabi ko nga, magkaroon lang ng jumpshot yan, puede na siya sa seniors game.* Masipag sa hustle yung bata at puedeng-puede sa pressing-type college teams.

One year for Martin to make the transition. If he fails then malamang mahihirapan yan maka land sa A teams. Pero we'd still take him given that maging option nya ang CSB. Pagttyagaan namin yan ipa-improve. Time lang.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-18-2008, 10:14 PM
If Martin decides to go to CSB, he does not have to worry with his development as he has coaches Richard Del Rosario and Mon Jose to help him develop his basketball skills.

Get_Blazed
09-18-2008, 10:18 PM
If Martin decides to go to CSB, he does not have to worry with his development as he has coaches Richard Del Rosario and Mon Jose to help him develop his basketball skills.

Well, as of press time we could do nothing else but to hope. :-\

Get_Blazed
08-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Si MArtin Reyes ba yung nasa UP?

Any updates on the Greenies team this year? They have an identical 4-5 card with the Blazers.

Joescoundrel
09-04-2009, 12:24 AM
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc360/Gameface_Editor/Hoops/IMG_6669.jpg

Image by Joe Buduan

Gameface is Philippine Basketball

Joescoundrel
09-04-2009, 12:26 AM
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc360/Gameface_Editor/Hoops/IMG_6676.jpg

Image by Joe Buduan

Joescoundrel
09-04-2009, 12:27 AM
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc360/Gameface_Editor/Hoops/IMG_6677.jpg

Image by Joe Buduan

Joescoundrel
09-04-2009, 12:28 AM
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc360/Gameface_Editor/Hoops/IMG_6681.jpg

Image by Joe Buduan

Joescoundrel
09-04-2009, 12:29 AM
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc360/Gameface_Editor/Hoops/IMG_6682.jpg

Image by Joe Buduan

Get_Blazed
09-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Thank you, sir joe, for the pics. Keep 'em coming! :)

izon
09-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Read in a message of oca under the thread of San Beda Red Cubs, that a player by the name of Miranda used to play for the Greenies in the Pasarelle league however was dropped from the Greenies team because of poliltics. He had no backer. According to oca, Miranda used to play for San Beda Taytay but transferred to LSGH because the school was too far and was instrumental in winning a game from San Beda by his foul shots. He went back to San Beda and is now playing for the school"s Junior Team. Is this true ? Is politics still the name of the game when it comes to choosing players for the Greenies ? I hope not.

Get_Blazed
09-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Read in a message of oca under the thread of San Beda Red Cubs, that a player by the name of Miranda used to play for the Greenies in the Pasarelle league however was dropped from the Greenies team because of poliltics. He had no backer. According to oca, Miranda used to play for San Beda Taytay but transferred to LSGH because the school was too far and was instrumental in winning a game from San Beda by his foul shots. He went back to San Beda and is now playing for the school"s Junior Team. Is this true ? Is politics still the name of the game when it comes to choosing players for the Greenies ? I hope not.

Wag naman sana.

Joescoundrel
10-22-2009, 11:01 AM
FEU FERN B cruised past Lasalle Greenhills 97 - 83 for their first ever Fr Martin Cup championship at the La Consolacion Gym in Manila.

FERN was in control all throughout behind the efforts of Mark Carino and Chris Gelig on the firing end, and the rebounding and inside defense of Will Pearson.

Greenhills tried to come back, putting on several small runs, the last bringing the count at 62-58 late in the third period behind Mark Vito and Richie Villaruz.

Carino and Gelig however kept Lasalle at bay with timely hits from outside and quick transition strikes to keep the count at 83-70 midway through the last period.

Several Villaruz miscues and unforced errors sealed the fate of Lasallle just when they were threatening to make one last comeback at 85-78.

Carino and Gelig had 18 points each for FERN while Villaruz had 15 for Lasalle.

GHRanger
10-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Joe,

^ any relation to Nino Gelig?

AltarBoy^_^
11-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Hmmm, sino kaya sa mga yan ang makukuha ng Lasalle at ng CSB? ;D

green_girl
12-01-2009, 06:16 PM
I heard that Franz Pumaren's son Luigi plays for the junior blazers. Is he good? what is his stats? :)

nardy
12-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I heard that Franz Pumaren's son Luigi plays for the junior blazers. Is he good? what is his stats? :)

no stats in http://www.ncaa.org.ph/season85 for the Juniors Basketball.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs231.snc1/7817_134643864938_587049938_2439789_6583973_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs211.snc1/7817_134643889938_587049938_2439793_18220_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs211.snc1/7817_134643849938_587049938_2439786_2942408_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs211.snc1/7817_134643574938_587049938_2439738_2836306_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs231.snc1/7817_134643904938_587049938_2439796_880825_n.jpg

izon
03-18-2010, 08:41 PM
What is the latest on the LSGH Greenies ? Parang saling pusa pa rin sila just like their senior counterpart. Is the problem of parents meddling in the decisions of the coach which have caused many good players to leave the team and transferred to other teams in NCAA still prevalent ? Rumor has it that this was the cause why Kiefer Ravena transfered to the Eaglets (a story being perpetuated by the blue side not to mention Salva who also joined the Red Cubs before joining the Eagles and LA Revilla who later joined the Archers.)

h0ld.0n
03-23-2010, 06:57 PM
I am not sure if this is a rumor or what but someone told me DLSZ tried to recruit ravena but his parents didn't want because it is too far.

izon
03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I am not sure if this is a rumor or what but someone told me DLSZ tried to recruit ravena but his parents didn't want because it is too far.

If Ravena lives in Q C then probably this rumor could be true. Malayo ang Ayala Alabang sa Q C.

h0ld.0n
04-16-2010, 06:11 PM
LSGH vs. UPIS(Fil-Oil Flying V pre-season tournament)

Who won the game? What is the box scores?

maroonmartian
04-17-2010, 01:18 AM
From http://www.gmanews.tv/story/188658/san-beda-nails-1st-win-in-collegiate-pre-season-cage-league

"In junior action, La Salle-Greenhills coasted to a 119-44 thrashing of UP Integrated School while Jose Rizal University pummeled Perpetual Help, 78-55. – GMANews.TV"

No contest na pagkalaban UPIS. Sorry to UPIS alumni pero pag kalaban UPIS, final score na lang pinaglalaban.

fujitsu
04-25-2010, 07:07 AM
heard that bonleon of holychild davao is in your house already. is this true? ???

JVboy
05-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Why the sad and baffled face???

Does it matter if the kid is indeed playing for la salle greenhills now?

Semenelin
05-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Why the sad and baffled face???

Does it matter if the kid is indeed playing for la salle greenhills now?

i think to highlight his question.

fujitsu
05-24-2010, 07:47 PM
relax lang jvboy. ang puso mo. it doesn't matter really if the boy is in. nagtatanong lang for confirmation. he earned his bruises playing basketball in oven hot hardcourts in davao and people who knows him are proud that a school recruited him to play for them.

jayts
05-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Fujitsu,

There is an Emman Bonleon playing for the greenies in the Filoil tournament. Is he the same kid you are referring to?

JVboy
05-26-2010, 05:21 PM
@ Fujitsu -

Peace! hehehe...I was just curious and amused of the choice of emoticons. :). I don't mean anything when I posted that comment.

Yes, the Emman Bonleon of LSGH is the same Bonleon from Davao. I hope he'll be an asset for the team.

I wonder how competitive will be the LSGH Greenies in the NCCA now that Bonleon is with the team, along with the other rookies and carry-overs from their Pasarelle squad?

bigfreeze_bibby
09-10-2010, 12:00 PM
I just got info that LSGH beat JRU earlier today to the tune of 90-72. Michael Pate is now back in the Greenies' line-up.

Sam Miguel
09-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Emman Bonleon is a well-built 6-foot-2 forward who should define his game this early if he wants to be noticed by college scouts. He had a pretty good name at several of the smaller age-group type tournaments, and of course his size at maybe 14 or 15 years of age indicate he might yet grow taller. He isn't a stud athlete but he does have above-average handles and some shooting out to the three-point arc. If he stopped growing now he might be a poor man's Ryan Buenafe in college, or he could become a Dwight Lago type of utility forward who does a little of everything at an above-average level.

Sam Miguel
09-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Michael Pate is a highly athletic 6-foot-2 forward with underrated strength and explosiveness. He can dunk with two hand on his vertical and has developed a pretty good jumpshot over the last year. If he improves his handles and passing he could become something special in college, maybe a Cyrus Baguio type. If he went to college now he could be a starter for a so-so team and at least a regular rotation guy on a good team. His overall florr game has exapnded from being strictly a paint operator. Looks like that stint with the RP Youth team did him the most good among all his teammates.

Sam Miguel
09-14-2010, 08:56 AM
One guy I have not kept tabs on is Richie Villaruz. How is this kid doing? Last time I saw him he was in a Fr Martin game against FEU FERN. He showed good strength and athletic ability but was an undersized high school forward, maybe 5-foot-10 at most playing more 4 than 3. He did team up well with 6-foot-3 Alison Carlos though, another kid in desperate need of focused strength and conditioning coaching.

AltarBoy^_^
09-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Sana sa Blazers na lang siya lumipat after HS! We badly need a guy like him to slash and attack much like Carlo! :-[

jayts
09-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Looks like the Greenies are in 6th place. Do they still have a chance to make the final four?

bigfreeze_bibby
09-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Looks like the Greenies are in 6th place. Do they still have a chance to make the final four?

If the Greenies win their next two assignments, I think they can barge in the Final Four. I think they faced Perpetual earlier today while their next assignment is against Mapua.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-23-2010, 02:56 PM
The Greenies did their job by beating Perps and Mapua to end the elimination round with a 9-7 card. Let's just hope that Letran or Perpetual will lose one of their remaining games so that LSGH can secure I think a playoff for the 4th spot in the Final Four.

Letran still has to face the Red Cubs (in which the Red Cubs still have a score to settle after losing their first round encounter via a protest due to a wrong uniform).

oca
09-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Palagay ko, may play-off for the last berth ng F4. Kung sino makakatapat ng LSGH, all depends on the remaining games. Pwede kasing 2-way or 3-way tied at 9-7 amongst LSGH, CSJL at JRU.

I don't see the Squires winning over the Red Cubs, kaya malamang 9-7 din ang standing ng Letran. Magandang laban ito kung sakali-- Greenies vs Squires!

Kung ipanalo naman ng Light Bombers ang last game nila kontra MIT, 3-way tie ang mangyayari at 9-7.

I won't bother to figure out, not yet anyway, who will have the better quotient among 3 possible contenders for that final spot, reason being may tuilog ang Light Bombers sa fina game nila vs Malayan Science.

Pero tuloy-tuloy lang ang praktis ng taga-Greehills.... tiyak may playoff! ;)

bigfreeze_bibby
09-28-2010, 03:13 PM
I have to edit this post that I made. I am so sorry for the mistake. I think may isang game pa ang JRU against Mapua. So for now, may chance pa JRU to tie also at 4th along with LSGH and Letran.

oca
10-01-2010, 07:26 AM
I was at the Arena on the last elim day of the Jrs. JRU notched a hard earned win over the Red Robins to force a 3-way tie for 4th. Play-off ensues.

No official post at the NCAA website yet on the first play-off match. Pero usapan ng ilang coaches na nanood, Light Bombers vs Squires muna. Winner will then play your Greenies, this game will decide who takes the 4th spot in the F4.

Goodluck.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Letran beat JRU, 87-73 for the right to face the LSGH Greenies tomorrow at 10am in FilOil Arena in San Juan.

I just heard this news that may JRU player na nambato to the Letran's head coach after the game or during the game.

naz-T
10-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Letran beat JRU, 87-73 for the right to face the LSGH Greenies tomorrow at 10am in FilOil Arena in San Juan.

I just heard this news that may JRU player na nambato to the Letran's head coach after the game or during the game.

That's NASTY!!!!

oca
10-03-2010, 10:29 PM
C'mon guys, what's that incident got to do with you?

This Greenies thread deserves a more relevant post!

bigfreeze_bibby
10-04-2010, 10:58 AM
C'mon guys, what's that incident got to do with you?

This Greenies thread deserves a more relevant post!

Relax. Na-mention ko lang naman yan. Kung walang sumagot or dumugtong, okay lang din for me. Hindi naman ako nag-demand na may mag-clarify for that matter.

Game update: Letran 42, LSGH 38 at the half.

End of 3rd Quarter: Letran 71, LSGH 64.

Final: Letran 91, LSGH 85. Letran Squires will move on to face the San Beda Red Cubs in the Final Four of the NCAA juniors division.

izon
10-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Read the post of Nardy at the CSB team b thread. Mukha yatang hindi natuto ang LSGreenhills sa nangyari kay Salva, Fran, Revilla atb noong highschool ballers pa sila. Umalis na naman ang magagaling na manlalaro ng Greenhills at lumipat sa DLSZobel at kihuha ni coach Boris.

izon
03-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Read in another thread that the coach of the Greenies was formerly the coach of the Eaglets.

oca
03-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Read the post of Nardy at the CSB team b thread. Mukha yatang hindi natuto ang LSGreenhills sa nangyari kay Salva, Fran, Revilla atb noong highschool ballers pa sila. Umalis na naman ang magagaling na manlalaro ng Greenhills at lumipat sa DLSZobel at kihuha ni coach Boris.

This may be late pero share ko lang itong kwentong ito na kamakailan ko lang narinig.

On this specific issue, the kids were transferred to Zobel to protect the interest of DLSU.

If the kids stayed at LSGH, they are fair game to every school in the UAAP. But if they are with Zobel, DLSU's interest is protected under the Soc Rivera rule.

BLUE HORSE
03-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Correction, the new coach of LSGH is not the former coach of the Eaglets. The new coach is John Flores, former coach of the lady eagles. Former NU seniors basketball coach Rico Perez will handle the grass roots basketball program at LSGH. Rest assured that John Flores and Rico Perez will implement the basketball blue print laid out by coach Joe Lipa for the Ateneo basketball academy. The big question facing LSGH is the kind of support being given to the boys of Joe Lipa. There are just as many supporters as detractors to the recent appointment.

The LSGH program imploded once again and this was the reason the recruited players of LSGH transferred to Zobel. A big group of LSGH parents did not like the idea of the wholesale recruitment of players for one because of the special treatment given to the new players and the fact that their own kids chances are limited. Did you know that Vince Tinte was a one time recruit of LSGH but only lasted a summer?

To my knowledge, Zobel has not used the Soc Rivera rule on any of their athletes who decide to play for another UAAP school. Besides, there is no guaranty that all of the players coming out of Zobel or LSGH will be absorbed into the varsity program of DLSU. Just look at this coming seasons roster, to accomodate the new recruits and Revilla, the cuts will be the "homegrown" players.

Before transfering to Zobel, one of the LSGH recruits made a detour to Katipunan to see if AHS will be interested in his services. He received a lukewarm welcome hence the decision to join the others in Zobel.

oca
03-30-2011, 06:01 AM
I hope a green horse would also share what they know or have heard.

izon
03-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Correction, the new coach of LSGH is not the former coach of the Eaglets. The new coach is John Flores, former coach of the lady eagles. Former NU seniors basketball coach Rico Perez will handle the grass roots basketball program at LSGH. Rest assured that John Flores and Rico Perez will implement the basketball blue print laid out by coach Joe Lipa for the Ateneo basketball academy. The big question facing LSGH is the kind of support being given to the boys of Joe Lipa. There are just as many supporters as detractors to the recent appointment.

The LSGH program imploded once again and this was the reason the recruited players of LSGH transferred to Zobel. A big group of LSGH parents did not like the idea of the wholesale recruitment of players for one because of the special treatment given to the new players and the fact that their own kids chances are limited. Did you know that Vince Tinte was a one time recruit of LSGH but only lasted a summer?

To my knowledge, Zobel has not used the Soc Rivera rule on any of their athletes who decide to play for another UAAP school. Besides, there is no guaranty that all of the players coming out of Zobel or LSGH will be absorbed into the varsity program of DLSU. Just look at this coming seasons roster, to accomodate the new recruits and Revilla, the cuts will be the "homegrown" players.

Before transfering to Zobel, one of the LSGH recruits made a detour to Katipunan to see if AHS will be interested in his services. He received a lukewarm welcome hence the decision to join the others in Zobel.

I stand corrected. However, if this unfortunate situation continues at LSGH, then no matter what, even with good coaches nothing will come out of it.

LION
03-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Off Topic. There is already a blue horse and a red horse. Echoing oca's wish, I hope that we'll soon have a green, yellow and maroon horses. ;D

On topic. I wonder why LSGH is cursed with what seems to be an eternal internal squabbling.

izon
03-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Off Topic. There is already a blue horse and a red horse. Echoing oca's wish, I hope that we'll soon have a green, yellow and maroon horses. ;D

On topic. I wonder why LSGH is cursed with what seems to be an eternal internal squabbling.

The parents are meddling.

LION
03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
^

It's up to the school to prevent that. Set the rules and enforce them. Those who try to meddle should be banned from the gym. From what I know, may ganyan din sa Red Cubs program a long long time ago but it was minor and Senor Badolato put the parents in their proper places.

oca
03-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Alam naman ng coaches at school administrators kung ano ang tama at ang dapat. Di naman mga bata yan o bagong salta.

izon
03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
^

It's up to the school to prevent that. Set the rules and enforce them. Those who try to meddle should be banned from the gym. From what I know, may ganyan din sa Red Cubs program a long long time ago but it was minor and Senor Badolato put the parents in their proper places.

That is San Beda, we are talking of LSGH here.

LION
03-30-2011, 06:44 PM
^

That is San Beda, we are talking of LSGH here.

Obviously. Just sharing experiences.

jayts
04-23-2011, 03:13 AM
Did LSGH pull out from the Filoil Flying V tournament? I did not see any results on their game against NU and their game agains SSC on April 30 is not on the day schedule on Filoils facebook page.

oberto
04-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Did LSGH pull out from the Filoil Flying V tournament? I did not see any results on their game against NU and their game agains SSC on April 30 is not on the day schedule on Filoils facebook page.

as the teams were introduced during the opening ceremonies it was mentioned that LSGH was not participating. reason/s not announced.

izon
04-23-2011, 06:53 PM

Perhaps, it would be better if La Salle Canlubang (should they have a high school department) take the place of LSGH in the NCAA.

Sam Miguel
04-25-2011, 12:12 PM
I haven't the inclination to read back, so anyone who can humor me: Are the Bonleon boy and Richie Villaruz still with the Greenies?

As for John Flores, Flores has also taken on former UST King Goldie (that's right, before they became Growling Tigers) Bennet Palad is his assistant here.

Flores should improve the overall defensive picture as well as the ball movement for Lasalle Greenhills. If he doesn't have a team of stars expect him to at least run a lot of pick-roll action.

BLUE HORSE
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Coach John Flores will probably build the team around big boy Vito who was named to the under-16 junior national team pool.

izon
04-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Coach John Flores will probably build the team around big boy Vito who was named to the under-16 junior national team pool.

What is the height of Vito ?

Sam Miguel
04-28-2011, 08:30 AM
^^^ I think Vito is a legit 6-foot-2 and is strapping at about 215 pounds.

Is another big boy - 6-foot-3 Ali Carlos - still with Lasalle Greenhills? How about that 6-foot-3 Tabaldo boy who was in the Junior NBA Camp?

jayts
04-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Carlos graduated and is now playing for UST.

Semenelin
04-29-2011, 10:26 AM

as per the other UST forums, he is with CSB.

izon
04-29-2011, 10:32 AM

as per the other UST forums, he is with CSB.

CSB ? That would be good.

irishwhip
06-16-2011, 03:25 PM
I think LSGH made a brilliant move in acquiring the services of 2-time UAAP women's basketball champion former ADMU Lady Eagles' coach John Flores. John has been known to turn bad programs to winners that is why it is really a great decision by LSGH.

Also, coach Flores has been around parents who meddle with the program...playing time etc...etc.. and we're talking about big names as parents. So I think he can shut the meddling parents of LSGH and just get down to business. He would also not ask or hang around with parents so it would not be a problem for him.

Good players will stay in an ORGANIZED program, and I think with John at the helm, good players will opt to stay in LSGH.

Although John is a certified champion coach, he still has a big mountain to climb out of the best high school program in the nation the red cubs.

But definitely we will see big improvements from the coach Flores system.

izon
06-17-2011, 08:57 AM
[quote=irishwhip ]
I think LSGH made a brilliant move in acquiring the services of 2-time UAAP women's basketball champion former ADMU Lady Eagles' coach John Flores. John has been known to turn bad programs to winners that is why it is really a great decision by LSGH.

Also, coach Flores has been around parents who meddle with the program...playing time etc...etc.. and we're talking about big names as parents. So I think he can shut the meddling parents of LSGH and just get down to business. He would also not ask or hang around with parents so it would not be a problem for him.

Good players will stay in an ORGANIZED program, and I think with John at the helm, good players will opt to stay in LSGH.

Although John is a certified champion coach, he still has a big mountain to climb out of the best high school

program in the nation the red cubs.

But definitely we will see big improvements from the coach Flores sys

Sana nga.

izon
07-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Congratulations to the Greenies or Junior Blazers for the first win.

mrbigshot
07-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Greenies routed the Staglets to notch their second win, 86-65 final score

thel3ast
07-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Thomas Torres and Mario Bonleon are the ones leading LSGH to victory. I like the system of LSGH even though it's more of running with less set plays. They also play great defense forcing a lot of turnovers based on their game against Baste awhile ago. Torres, by my count had around 21 points and 3-4 steals, and Bonleon, around 19-23 points. Vito had a great rebounding game, wasn't counting it though. Enzo Mercado is the type of player who stays in the right place at the right time. He received like 3 passes that resulted to 3 wide open shots. Another player who contributed off the bench was Charles Yap. He started off with a three and kept being aggressive when driving. Had around 7-11 points. Jameel Laigo is a great ball handler and passer, perfect point guard for LSGH.

Starting line-up against Baste looked like:
C- Vito
PF- Villaruz
SF- Bonleon
SG- Torres
PG- Sta. Clara

I think the Tabaldo kid will play either next year or when's he's a junior.

P.S. I'm not an alumnus. I'm actually a student who was just pulled-out for the game with his class awhile ago to watch the game. :D

bigfreeze_bibby
07-12-2011, 07:15 PM
@thel3ast: Who was LSGH's first opponent? Thanks for the game updates. It was greatly appreciated. I have been looking at other sites where I can see LSGH game updates for this season.

Was San Sebastian High's line up not that strong? They are one of the NCAA strong squads in the juniors division every season.

thel3ast
07-13-2011, 06:40 PM
@thel3ast: Who was LSGH's first opponent? Thanks for the game updates. It was greatly appreciated. I have been looking at other sites where I can see LSGH game updates for this season.

Was San Sebastian High's line up not that strong? They are one of the NCAA strong squads in the juniors division every season.

I'm not sure if Baste was the better team on paper, but LSGH played great defense forcing Baste to a lot of turnovers and tough shots.

LSGH's first opponent was Lyceum and beat them to a tune of 93-23. :)

mrbigshot
07-16-2011, 10:42 AM
the real test will be on July 22 when they face the defending champs. hopefully the school must provide the needed support for the team. lsgh versus san beda is considered as a big game as always. lsgh's immaculate slate is at stake.

BedanRoar
07-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Red Cubs & LSGH will probably face each other in the Finals. July 22 game serves as a preview ;)

bchoter
07-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Bonleon, the father, has been angling for a coaching job before his son signed with LSGH. I wonder if he applied as an assistant. He'd be a good recruiter of kids from Mindanao

bigfreeze_bibby
07-19-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure if Baste was the better team on paper, but LSGH played great defense forcing Baste to a lot of turnovers and tough shots.

LSGH's first opponent was Lyceum and beat them to a tune of 93-23. :)

Thanks for the information Sir. I'll watch the game on Friday. This will serve as the toughest test for the Junior Blazers.

oca
07-22-2011, 07:07 AM
If there is one game that I would be very interested to watch, this is it-- SBC Red Cubs v LSGH Greenies.

These line-ups have not met in a significant match yet. The Greenies didn't compete last summer and skipped all 3 summer/pre-season events- Fil-Oil, FMC and FCBL.

The Red Cubs are still favored to win this one, but LSGH's 21 and 24 pt winning margins over SSC-R and MIT respectively made the Greenies look like contenders. That win over the Red Robins is particularly surprising, as the Red Cubs had a hard time beating this team last summer.

A tightly contested game, regardless of who wins, can be considered a preview of the Finals, imo.

ramonvaldez65
07-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Red Cubs won vs. CSB Jrs. 95-79

Nike Air
07-25-2011, 10:21 AM
The game was close until halftime. On the 3rd quarter, The Red Cubs went on an offense surge courtesy of their big man, wearing #15 jersey (was it Pangilinan?) who hit triples, did dribble penetration baskets, and grabbed rebounds on the defensive end, not to mention, he was running the floor as well on offense and defense.

The Greenies looked lost on the 3rd quarter, committing one turnover after another. Bonleon kept the Greenies with his outside sniping (good shooting for a big man as I suppose he was playing the power forward position) but there was no defense at all for the Greenies as they just traded baskets until the final buzzer.

oca
07-25-2011, 08:04 PM
The game was close until halftime. On the 3rd quarter, The Red Cubs went on an offense surge courtesy of their big man, wearing #15 jersey (was it Pangilinan?) who hit triples, did dribble penetration baskets, and grabbed rebounds on the defensive end, not to mention, he was running the floor as well on offense and defense.

The Greenies looked lost on the 3rd quarter, committing one turnover after another. Bonleon kept the Greenies with his outside sniping (good shooting for a big man as I suppose he was playing the power forward position) but there was no defense at all for the Greenies as they just traded baskets until the final buzzer.

That was Arvie Tolentino. Walang katapat ang bata sa position niya. Whenever he gets his stride in offense SBC usually wins. He looks big but he doesn't play center, 3/4 and laro niyan. Eligible pa yan next year kaya di pa tapos ang hirap ng mga kalaban.

Though SBC was favored in that game, things got easier for the Red Cubs when LSGH Coach Flores protected Vito and Torres and kept these two on the bench too long. It was a tactical error to save them for the 4th qtr after each incurred early fouls. You can't let the Red Cubs erect double digit leads and hope that things will turn around in the 4th qtr when you send back your main players.

Pag dumidistansya na ang Red Cubs sa third or simula ng 4th qtr, labanan mo na ng sabayan. Maubusan ka na ng player sa end game, kung dikit ang laro baka makuha sa breaks. Pero yung tinambakan ka na, ano pa gagawin ng main guys against the best 5 ng Red Cubs?

Pero next year the Greenies would have matured. Torres in the only hs senior among the key players, kaya halos intact pa yang team na yan; whereas, ang Red Cubs 3 lang ang matitira.

The Squires scouted this LSGH-SBC game. Buong team nanuod, coaches and players. I think they went there just to see the LSGH play, nakatapat na nila ang RC last summer pero wala silang alam sa Greenies.

If the Greenies can hurdle Squires convincingly, LSGH-SBC finals ito, imo.

JVboy
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
@ Oca _ I totally agree with all that you're saying.

I also think the 2 stayed a little longer than necessary in the bench. But are you referring to Vito or Bonleon? According to the NCAA website stat's, Vito played for 30 mins. Bonleon, on the other hand, played for only 18 mins and Torres for 9 mins. Both players were on the bench for the entire 2nd quarter.

oca
07-25-2011, 08:56 PM
From my recollection, Vito was not on the floor when the Red Cubs built that lead in the 3rd, but he did played for most part of the 4th until he fouled out.

fujitsu
07-25-2011, 10:35 PM
how many playing years left pa ba si bonleon sa juniors?

oca
07-26-2011, 06:25 AM
Bonleon is listed as a 3rd yr.

jayts
07-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Greenies notch their 4th win in 5 games agains Letran 80-77.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-03-2011, 07:34 PM
LSGH improves to 6-1 by beating the Light Bombers earlier today. From what I was told, the lead was more than 20 points.

irishwhip
08-08-2011, 10:51 AM
No doubt... they have a new great coach out of john flores. That's the best choice LSGH made.
The coach was known for his great game preparations, player development and very organized practice sessions.

I expect LSGH to be in the finals.

JVboy
08-08-2011, 04:41 PM
I totally agree with Iriswhip.

If you assess the Lsgh team this year, I think last year's team was more superior. It had Pate, Sta. Maria, and Carlos. All veterans and RP Youth team members at some point... and yet they didn't qualify for the Final Four.

This year's team is composed mostly of young rookies. They still have Bonleon, Torres and Villaruz as hold-overs from last year's, though, Villaruz hasn't been playing. Though it is still in the 1st round, the way Lsgh defeated the other teams, it is likely they will make it to the Final Four this year.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-08-2011, 07:16 PM
I totally agree with Iriswhip.

If you assess the Lsgh team this year, I think last year's team was more superior. It had Pate, Sta. Maria, and Carlos. All veterans and RP Youth team members at some point... and yet they didn't qualify for the Final Four.

This year's team is composed mostly of young rookies. They still have Bonleon, Torres and Villaruz as hold-overs from last year's, though, Villaruz hasn't been playing. Though it is still in the 1st round, the way Lsgh defeated the other teams, it is likely they will make it to the Final Four this year.

If I may ask pre, why is Villaruz not playing? How about Marcial? Is he still with LSGH? Marcial and Villaruz both carried LSGH's scoring in an FMC tourney years back.

JVboy
08-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I am not too sure what the reasons are.

I heard that Marcial was out due toan injury and Villaruz was not allowed to play by the school.

I do not know the details, though, and I am not sure whether Villaruz will be playing in the 2nd round, If he does, it will be a big boost to the team.

thel3ast
08-11-2011, 10:42 PM
I am not too sure what the reasons are.

I heard that Marcial was out due toan injury and Villaruz was not allowed to play by the school.

I do not know the details, though, and I am not sure whether Villaruz will be playing in the 2nd round, If he does, it will be a big boost to the team.

Marcial is slated to play around late September-mid October as he's still recovering for a torn ACL. Villaruz wasn't permitted by the school. Was only agreed to play the first 2 games of the season. About him playing the 2nd round, I'm not so sure yet.

jayts
08-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Academic problems for Villaruz perhaps?

bigfreeze_bibby
10-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Good luck to the Greenies in their Final Four match today against the Brigadiers. Their game is at 11:30am today at the FilOil-Flying V Arena in San Juan.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-17-2011, 01:38 PM
The Greenies beat the Brigadiers, 88-74 to proceed in the next phase of the step ladder playoffs. Up next for the Greenies are the 2nd-seeded Letran Squires whom they are yet to beat this season.

JVboy
10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
the Greenies beat Letran in the 1st round, won by 3 points. Letran beat them by 13 points in the second round.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-18-2011, 09:59 AM
the Greenies beat Letran in the 1st round, won by 3 points. Letran beat them by 13 points in the second round.

Thanks for the correction. Yeah, LSGH beat Letran, 80-77 in the 1st Round.

jayts
10-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Please watch and support the Greenies as they play against Letran today for the 2nd finals slot at The San Juan Arena 2pm. You can also watch the game on Studio 23.

Animo La Salle!

oca
10-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Play uptempo, utilize your deeper bench and challenge the inside game of the Squires early on. Do that you should win this one.

bchoter
10-19-2011, 04:06 PM
That's exactly what they did.

101-91 for the Greenies

jayts
10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Play uptempo, utilize your deeper bench and challenge the inside game of the Squires early on. Do that you should win this one.

Oca, you sure called it. Thomas Torres got serious game!

AltarBoy^_^
10-19-2011, 07:06 PM
With Thomas Torres' explosive performance in this game, I'm sure the scouts are looking at him already. My hope is that he chooses CSB. But I'm sure Lasalle is looking ahead as they will need another guy to do back-up chores for LA Revilla. ;)

bigfreeze_bibby
10-19-2011, 07:13 PM
With Thomas Torres' explosive performance in this game, I'm sure the scouts are looking at him already. My hope is that he chooses CSB. But I'm sure Lasalle is looking ahead as they will need another guy to do back-up chores for LA Revilla. ;)

Personally I think CSB's loaded right now in the guard rotations. There are still Tolentino and Sinco which will constitute major minutes in the PG rotation next season. But who knows? Anything can happen right now.

If LSGH continued running in the 4th, the game would have ended early but the Greenies relaxed, especially their interior defense, allowing the Squires to score at will and get a taste of new life even if it was clearly obvious that they lack the energy due to their thin roster.

AltarBoy^_^
10-19-2011, 08:27 PM

Personally I think CSB's loaded right now in the guard rotations. There are still Tolentino and Sinco which will constitute major minutes in the PG rotation next season. But who knows? Anything can happen right now.

If LSGH continued running in the 4th, the game would have ended early but the Greenies relaxed, especially their interior defense, allowing the Squires to score at well and get a taste of new life even if it was clearly obvious that they lack the energy due to their thin roster.

And LSGH makes history by entering the NCAA juniors finals for the first time? I think they never entered the final dance even before when DLSU was their senior counterpart. Am I right?

As for Torres, I think he will be a good addition to the Archers next season! The Blazers might have to wait for Bonleon! We definitely need someone of his versatility much like Carlo Lastimosa! ;)

bigfreeze_bibby
10-20-2011, 07:00 AM
And LSGH makes history by entering the NCAA juniors finals for the first time? I think they never entered the final dance even before when DLSU was their senior counterpart. Am I right?

As for Torres, I think he will be a good addition to the Archers next season! The Blazers might have to wait for Bonleon! We definitely need someone of his versatility much like Carlo Lastimosa! ;)

Bonleon's downside is his defense. May points in the game where he lacks that will to defend and battle it out for the rebounds considering that he plays the power forward position. So it depends if Coach Richard will be able to teach him to play defense or the other four guys will cover it up for him, which is kinda tough since big man ang laro niya. Well, we are moving much, much forward here hehe. But CSB needs size right now I think. You have well enough options already in the guard to small forward rotations. Kwatro-singko na lang kailangan nyo and you guys are ready to go.

jayts
10-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Bonleon is only a junior so he has more than a year to develop that defensive strength and aggressiveness before he goes up the next level. His offense though is very fundamentally sound.

oca
10-20-2011, 08:16 AM
The best thing going for LSGH is they have a coach who knows how to develop players (and I suppose also knows how to handle meddling parents and alumni). With at least 10 holdovers for next season, the combined factors of player improving their skills and maturity may just make LSGH champions next season.

Though there is a championship still to play, I seriously doubt anyone here believes the Red Cubs will be denied this season's title. Beat the RC thrice?

But next year will be a different story all together.

I have actually seen just 4 NC jrs game so far this season, 2 of which featured LSGH, sulit ang oras manood.

Joescoundrel
10-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Gotta hand it to my old buddies, John Flores and Rico Perez. In the first year of their partnership they've brought Lasalle Greenhills to the Finals. Vito, Bonleon, Torres, Villaruz (?) need help though, if they are to make this championship series at least interesting. Kelan na ba Game 1 nitong Juniors...?

Ahura Mazda
10-20-2011, 09:20 AM
@ Sir Joescoundrel:

Thanks to your old buddies for their help to turn around the LSGH basketball program.

@ Thomas Torres:

I remember someone from PEx mentioned that Thomas Torres is interested in UP. But I hope he ends up with DLSU or CSB. I'd rather have Torres over Joel Tolentino anytime. I'm worried about Tolentino's rumored off court activities.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm worried about Tolentino's rumored off court activities.

;D

bigfreeze_bibby
10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Papa Joe, game 1 is on Monday, 2pm sa Araneta na ata if I am not mistaken. Tough task for the Greenies but we'll see.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-20-2011, 12:48 PM
The best thing going for LSGH is they have a coach who knows how to develop players (and I suppose also knows how to handle meddling parents and alumni).

I wonder kung ano ginawa ni Coach John and Coach Rico with these stage parents.

jembengzon
10-20-2011, 02:31 PM
knowing john, he put them in their respective proper places ;D

AltarBoy^_^
10-20-2011, 09:04 PM
It's a good thing the DRAMA with the parents are over. And ours with Carlo is over. I'm truly glad LSGH is ahead in the program to greatness. Guess the juniors team's time to shine is now, the seniors will have to work extra hard until they they complete the positions and get their acts together.

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
ANIMO BENILDE!!!

fujitsu
10-20-2011, 09:08 PM
is it live on tv?

AltarBoy^_^
10-20-2011, 10:04 PM
is it live on tv?

Someone in pinoyexchange shared that it may be broadcasted live but I'm not about to believe that outright! The first game is on Monday and I don't think Studio 23 will change their sched for the NCAA. :-[

oca
10-21-2011, 06:28 AM
is it live on tv?

Someone in pinoyexchange shared that it may be broadcasted live but I'm not about to believe that outright! The first game is on Monday and I don't think Studio 23 will change their sched for the NCAA. :-[

NCAA championship games are always aired live by S23 even those played on a Monday.

The NCAA had always demanded that the Jrs finals be aired live if it is scheduled on the same day just prior to the Srs championship game. Monday will have that schedule and for sure the LSGH-SBC game 1 will be on live tv. This has always been the case for many years now.

Kung step-ladder Jrs game preceding a televised Srs game ay nasa live tv, championship pa.

Ang di pa tiyak ay ang Game 2, per NCAA site, this is scheduled as the only game for Oct 31/Monday. Kung live o delayed, I can't say for sure. Pero tiyak ipapalabas yan.

As for the series itself, I'm eagerly looking forward to this the same as the Srs finals.

Pag di namangha ang Greenies sa laki ng Araneta at sa dagundong ng boses ng mga nanonood, this will be a great game 1. The cavernous Araneta Coliseum can unnerve a player first time he plays here--- eto championship series pa! If 20+ year old men can be affected that way, Junior players are not exempted. But I'm sure by mid 1st qtr or 2nd qtr a few will settle down. Kutob ko Torres and Vito will have a great game 1. Bonleon medyo duda ako, baka abutin ng second half bago ito mag settle down by then baka malaki na lamang ng kalaban.

Dapat isang makunat na zone-D ang i-devise ni Flores. Kahit mag-click sa labas ang Red Cubs, huwag nila bibitawan ang zone. Play the averages, tempt the devil and stick to that zone. Do a switching zone kung makakayanan. Start with a 2-3. Pag nasa loob si Nazareno at Abarcar at pumuwesto sa quarter court switch to 1-2-2. Pero si Tolentino ang may hawak ng susi sa offensive juggernaut ng Red Cubs. Cut his path to the basket. Let him take all the outside shots that he wants just don't let him drive.

Ano pa man, I'm sure the kids will make the whole La Salle community proud.

Good luck!

bigfreeze_bibby
10-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Pero si Tolentino ang may hawak ng susi sa offensive juggernaut ng Red Cubs. Cut his path to the basket. Let him take all the outside shots that he wants just don't let him drive.

Same sentiments here. He is really the difference maker for San Beda. Very versatile big man for the juniors division. It will be easier said than done to stop him penetrating the basket. Malaki katawan na when he drives, siguradong may contact, worse, malamang foul-counted pa mangyayari.

oca
10-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Same sentiments here. He is really the difference maker for San Beda. Very versatile big man for the juniors division. It will be easier said than done to stop him penetrating the basket. Malaki katawan na when he drives, siguradong may contact, worse, malamang foul-counted pa mangyayari.

Imo, ang mali ng mga depensa on Tolentino is opposing coaches try to match his height or deny him the ball. On both instances you won't be doing the zone. Assign a tall defender, he will play the outside and out maneuver his defense . Assign a short but quick defender to limit his touches, poposte lang yan.

Walang man-to-man D na uubra sa bata. Magaling magdala ng bola, maganda ang footwork kaya paiikutan niya lang ang bantay. There is no kid out there who can stop him at this level man-to-man.

Kaya zona lang ang uubra kontra Red Cubs. Zone will also address the power play of Abatayo, pati dribble-drive nila Abarcar at Tongco.

That leaves Tolentino and Nazareno to do damage with their outside shooting. Here, I'll play the percentage game. The two will have their shots against a zone. Pero long shots against penetrations, ibibigay ko na ang lower percentage shots.

Kaysa naman mag tao-tao tiyak aatakehin ang shaded area. Abarcar and Abatayo are too strong to contain and Tongco too quick. At pag tao-tao, the Red Cubs will sure get a lot of second shots. Yung rotation nila Babilonia, Bonsubre at Patenio sa puesto cinco is just too much to handle for full 40 minutes. Abatayo is a beast inside and Abarcar the best rebounding guard in the Juniors isama mo pa mga taga- UAAP.

Zone. Zone. Zone. Bahala na si Batman sa shooting clip ng Red Cubs.

Sa offense, obvious naman Torres will carry the fight for LSGH. But he shouldn't be forcing shots pag unang pumwesto sa paint yung depensa. Dapat alisto ang ibang Greenies sa drop at kick-out passes.

Bonleon I believe cashes in on the attention Torres is getting from the defense, he should not falter. Just 10 points in the 2nd rd game vs SBC-- not good enough. SBC has enough players to rotate on him that will spent him out in a 40 minute ball game. His weakness though is in defense. The RC will attack his side of the defensive formation.

Villaruz will play a crucial role. He should settle down early in the game and make his shots. Otherwise, hindi luluwag ang depensa kay Torres. At pag hirap si Torres, hirap din si Bonleon.

Vito is the anchor on defense. From the rear he is very good in shouting out the situation to his teammates in front. Ingat sa foul kid. You get in foul trouble, good bye na kayo.

The rest of the rotation did well in the sudden death game vs the Squires. Magandang senyales yan coming into this series. Pero dahil first trip sa finals at sa Araneta lalaruin, it remains to be seen how they'll handle the pressure in Game 1. But Coach Flores has been in more championship games as a head coach than his counterpart, I'm sure he'll be able to guide these kids to play well.

Ang tagal pa ng Lunes....hmmmmp. >:(

irishwhip
10-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Seeing the LSGH Greenies succeed is no surprise when I found out that coach John Flores will be at the helm. I even told earlier in this thread that LSGH will be successful with john in the lead. No surprise if you know how coach John runs his system.

Mahihirapan pa talaga ang Greenies sa Red Cubs because of San Beda's depth and talent. But rest assured that this LSGH will improve especially on Player Development since John is well-known from refining and developing players' skills. They will have a better chance next year since most RC players will graduate and there will be holdovers for the Greenies. But definitely this is a great experience for LSGH to gain Finals appearance.

You guys are probably right if LSGH will play a zone majority of the game they might restrain the RC's individual talents. But I think LSGH must emphasize more in their full-court pressure defense. If they play the zone, you likely play a "lazy" type of defense and let RC dictate the offensive attack. I think the right approach should be for LSGH to full-court press, play man-2-man with the right help-side rotation and let them dictate the tempo. Make RC work outside their operating area by putting extreme ball pressure to the ballhandlers of RC.

We might see some zones from LSGH, but coach John is not a fan of zone defenses, so I guess you will still see more of a man-to-man defense as a whole. Then again if LSGH will be able to play good match-up defense againsts RC, win or lose, they will have a better chance of winning it all by next NCAA Season.

I know coach John and the Greenies would want to win it this year, but sometimes patience is a virtue. I say go for a full-court press, maximize the bench on defense, go match-up defense (even if RC's breakdown players utilize it).. Playing RC is the best time to practice your match-up/help defense since they got the best individual talents.

Sorry to disappoint but I look for coach John going for the full court pressure and still stick to the man-2-man defense. Maybe not a very intelligent game plan for some of the guys in this thread is suggesting but will surely help the holdovers be prepared for a Title run next season.

Last IMPORTANT note...LSGH must take care of the ball which is their weakside. Also play uptempo game.

peyups-La Salle
10-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Impact players who starred for LSGH during their 4 final four appearances the past couple of decades.

1999 - Mika Vainio, Gavino, Jino Ferrer, Bruce Quebral

2005 - Marko Batricevic, Miguel Soller, Sia, Nico Salva(?)

2008 - Mikee Reyes, Martin Reyes

2011 - Torres, Bonleon, Vito

*I still remember the 2005 Final Four, as we were given an incentive in school to watch the Final Four game at the old Rizal Memorial Coliseum. They were up against the Ogie Menor, Jay-R Taganas led San Beda Red Cubs. The Greenies lost btw.

2011. is the year LSGH rekindles the winning tradition La Salle is know for.

Play smart. Play tough. Play La Salle Basketball.

P.S. (Can we, the people cheer Animo La Salle on gameday? or are we forced to cheer Animo Benilde instead?) hahaha!

JVboy
10-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I agree with all your analyses and observations. I also agree that the Red Cubs is a very very formidable opponent to beat. It has a deeper bench, and the more cohesive team.

LSGH will be banking again on Torres and Bonleon. The 2 should play "together". I noticed that both are scoring machines, they do not really really complement each other, like a "Malone - Stockton" type tandem.

Torres is an excellent penetrator, but he is inclined to forced his shots at times. With his prowess in penetration he can create shot opportunities for Bonleon, Vito, or Villaruz.

Coach Flores should also be flexible with his defense plan. I heard that he prefers man to man defenses than doing zones. Heard that the boys just recently practicing the zone defense.