Canlas, Mark Angelo
Cuan, John Paul
Cruz, Jervy
Jeric Fortuna
Gile, Mel
Lee, Scott
Mirza, Khasim
Taylor, Chester Lloyd

This is just the possible roster, can anyone give update on official lists of players?

GHRanger
06-16-2008, 09:50 AM
De La Salle University Green Archers

Atkins, Simon
Bagatsing, Hyram
Barua, Peejay
Batricevic, Marko
Casio, Joseph Evans
Ferdinand, Fred
Lee, Rejan
Maierhoffer, Rico
Malabes, Bader
Mangahas, James Phillip
Revilla, LA
Villanueva, Maui
Walsham, PJ
Webb, David

These guys are no longer with DLSU:
Sorela, Mychole
Noble, John Michael

bchoter
06-16-2008, 12:27 PM
ANY UPDATE?
University of Santo Tomas Growling Tigers

Ababou, Dylan
Allera, Francis Philip
Clark Bautista
Carmelo Afuang
Chris Camus
Allen Maliksi
Carlos Fenequito
Emilian Vargas
Canlas, Mark Angelo
Cuan, John Paul
Cruz, Jervy
Jeric Fortuna
Gile, Mel
Lee, Scott
Mirza, Khasim
Taylor, Chester Lloyd

Can you give us updates, too? Who is this Scott Lee guy? Wath is his playing position?

pablohoney
06-16-2008, 03:33 PM
^Baka kapatid ni Rum Perry Scott. ;D
Never heard of this Scott Lee, what position nito, and from what school siya galing? ???

Just heard that it is now official that the UAAP Board has adopted the 16-player rule, and it will be enforced this Season 71.
Can someone double-check this? ;)

THE ONLOOKER
06-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Adamson will release it's final roster next week.

eightyfiver
06-17-2008, 08:02 AM
@pablohoney

Confirmed na iyong 16 man roster. Kasabay siya sa press release ng bagong Commissioner Narvasa, former Ateneo player and NCAA commissioner last year. Iyong assistant Com. utol niya.

pj17
06-22-2008, 09:45 PM
De La Salle University Green Archers

Atkins, Simon
Bagatsing, Hyram
Barua, Peejay
Batricevic, Marko
Casio, Joseph Evans
Ferdinand, Fred
Lee, Rejan
Maierhoffer, Rico
Malabes, Bader
Mangahas, James Phillip
Revilla, LA
Villanueva, Maui
Walsham, PJ
Webb, David

These guys are no longer with DLSU:
Sorela, Mychole
Noble, John Michael

san na napunta si noble?? d ba nasa line up pa siya nung nike summer league??

shyboy
06-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Noble is with UE if I'm not mistaken.

Dark Knight
06-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Far Eastern University Tamaraws

Noundou, Pipo

Pipo is eligible in Seaon 72

paul_tamaraws
06-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Far Eastern University Tamaraws roster for Season 71

Abaring, Sanny 6'6
Adolfo, Marlon 6'3
Alisbo, John 5'10
Baracael, Marnel 6'3
Barroca, Mark 5'10
Cabagnot, Ron 6'0
Cawaling, JR 6'3
Cervantes, Riel 6'5
Fernandez, Benedict 6'0
Kave, Robert 6'6
Knuttel, Jens 5'11
Macazo, Ian 6'3
Ramos, Aldrech 6'6
Romero, Mark 6'3
Sanga, Paul Joseph 6'4
Tanuan, Jun 6'0

what a strong, intact lineup FEU had! :) pipo will have to wait until next year...

Dark Knight
06-24-2008, 12:38 PM
i thought Abaring was demoted to Team B again.

paul_tamaraws
06-24-2008, 02:39 PM
i thought Abaring was demoted to Team B again.

is he demoted? kaya pala hindi ko nakikita maglaro yun during the pre-season tournaments... i think he will be replaced by another player since the uaap implemented again the 16-man unit for all teams this season..

gabriel
06-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Far Eastern University Tamaraws roster for Season 71

Abaring, Sanny 6'6
Adolfo, Marlon 6'3
Alisbo, John 5'10
Baracael, Marnel 6'3
Barroca, Mark 5'10
Cabagnot, Ron 6'0
Cawaling, JR 6'3
Cervantes, Riel 6'5
Fernandez, Benedict 6'0
Kave, Robert 6'6
Knuttel, Jens 5'11
Macazo, Ian 6'3
Ramos, Aldrech 6'6
Romero, Mark 6'3
Sanga, Paul Joseph 6'4
Tanuan, Jun 6'0

what a strong, intact lineup FEU had! :) pipo will have to wait until next year...

if that's your official roster, ang tatangkad nyo. you have also a good import, robert kave. ;D

JVC
06-29-2008, 01:20 PM
With the UAAP season starting this Saturday, I would assume that the official line-ups have been submitted and cleared by the board.

Does anyone have a copy of the team rosters?

:)

flsfnoeraekadad
06-29-2008, 01:25 PM
The 16-man Green Archer lineup will be announced by the DLSU admin/OSD this week.

There are team insiders who already know the lineup but they won't say the final lineup to give courtesy to the proper authorities to announce the 16-man lineup first. I guess we'll be seeing them first during the Pep Rally.

m_ke2
06-30-2008, 09:36 PM
UP Fighting Maroons Official Line up

Head Coach: Salvador Antonio (Aboy) Castro
Assistant Coaches: Potit de Vera and Jerry Codinera

1. Agbayani, Jayfelson (Team Captain)
2. Astorga, Kevin
3. Braganza, Arvin
4. Co, Woody
5. De Asis, Miguel
6. Dela Victoria, Czarlo
7. Fortu, Don Carlo
8. Gamboa, Mike
9. Hipolito, Dionisio
10. Lopez, Mark
11. Maniego, Francis
12. Marfori, Andrew
13. Pajela, Ron
14. Reyes, Martin
15. Sorongon, Paul Joseph
16. Sison, Magi

c/o nokia

GHRanger
07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
From GreenArrows at AP.com.

These are the 2008 DLSU GREEN ARCHERS:

5 Maui Villanueva
6 Jvee Casio
7 Simon Atkins
8 Bader Malabes
9 Daivd Webb
10 Rico Maierhofer
11 PJ Walsham
12 LA Revilla
15 Ferdinand (just Ferdinand)
16 Jovet Mendoza
17 PeeJay Barua
18 Hyram Bagatsing
19 James Mangahas
20 Marko Batricivic
21 Rejan Lee
22 Manoj Chandumal

THE ONLOOKER
07-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Adamson Falcons Basketball Seniors Official Lineup

1. Agustin, John Marc C.
2. Alvarez, Lester Andrew F.
3. Cañada, Jerick U.
4. Colina, Jan Julius T.
5. Galinato, Michael Q.
6. Gonzalgo, Paul Dhanru P.
7. Gorospe, Reynaldo P. Jr.
8. Lapitan, Chesmar R.
9. Lozada, Janus D.
10. Margallo, Aldrin I.
11. Nuyles, Alexander S.
12. Olalia, Jeffrey G.
13. Peñalosa, Raymond R.
14. Ruiz, Robert Ryan D.
15. Santos, Allan Dominic C.
16. Yambot, Junard D.

Coach: Leovino "Leo" Austria
Asst. Coachl: Jerry "Jing" Ruiz

NOTE: Jing Ruiz will also be the head coach of the Baby Falcons.

batangueño
07-01-2008, 03:59 PM

Off-topic: Kabayang THE ONLOOKER, where's Coach Dayong Mendoza? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Dayong the head coach of the Adamson juniors' basketball team? ???

On-topic: Based on the team rosters, it seems like the UP Fighting Maroons will be the smallest of the eight UAAP teams this season. Again, the problem on the middle will be quite obvious this year. :(

Joescoundrel
07-01-2008, 04:22 PM
College basketball bible CHALK Magazine in its college basketball double issue special of July of 2008 mentioned that VJ SERIOS and VICMEL EPRES will be seeing action for the UP Fighting Maroons, ditto JONATHAN FERNANDEZ for the NU Bulldogs.

For the simple fan such as I this is simply confusing: I thought Serios ang Epres played their last year as Fighting Maroons last season, same thing with Fernandez for the Bulldogs?

Speaking of the Bulldogs, last season the word was that Ray Aguilar of NU was a one-and-done deal due to his age AND the 7-years-out of-high school rule, and yet he is back again this year. And since we're on NU now, what's the story on 6'6" African recruit RASTA AKWALIFU? Did this guy return to Mhel Garrido and STI after all?

What's the latest word on the RP Youth players? In the same CHALK article it was stated that MARK LOPEZ would play for UP this season.

If that is the case does this mean that JAIROLD FLORES will play for the UE Red Warriors in Season 71 as well? Flores and Lopez are teammates on the Youth team.

And as I recall it was power forward JOBE NKEMAKOLAM and NOT guard Eman Monfort who came in as the 16th man on the Ateneo lineup.

THE ONLOOKER
07-01-2008, 05:39 PM

Off-topic: Kabayang THE ONLOOKER, where's Coach Dayong Mendoza? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Dayong the head coach of the Adamson juniors' basketball team? ???

BABY FALCONS COACHING STAFF

Mr. Jerry Ruiz (head coach)
Mr. Macrobino Vega (assistant coach - Juniors + Women's)

I don't know what happened to the former Baby Falcons coach, Dayong Mendoza.

stat
07-01-2008, 07:01 PM
UP Fighting Maroons Official Line up

Head Coach: Salvador Antonio (Aboy) Castro
Assistant Coaches: Potit de Vera and Jerry Codinera

1.* Agbayani, Jayfelson (Team Captain)
2.* Astorga, Kevin
3.* Braganza, Arvin
4.* Co, Woody
5.* De Asis, Miguel
6.* Dela Victoria, Czarlo
7.* Fortu, Don Carlo
8.* Gamboa, Mike
9.* Hipolito, Dionisio
10. Lopez, Mark
11. Maniego, Francis
12. Marfori, Andrew
13. Pajela, Ron
14. Reyes, Martin
15. Sorongon, Paul Joseph
16. Sison, Magi

c/o nokia

wala si pareng soc. pupunta na to sa san marcelino

gfy
07-02-2008, 10:09 AM
^Nope. Baste.

The_Big_Cat
07-02-2008, 10:56 AM
^kaysa maghintay ka ng two years.

CM_Punk
07-02-2008, 01:11 PM
^ Yes, that would be the ideal scenario for Soc Rivera, as going to an NCAA school is the best option for him, as he would only have sit out 1 year residency then. It would have been nice to see him stay with UP, but things just didn't work out for him there, oh well.

batangueño
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Good luck to Soc Rivera as he embarks on his journey into becoming a member of the San Sebastian Stags. :)

paul_tamaraws
07-02-2008, 03:01 PM
FEU Season 71 Official Men's Basketball Roster:

Adolfo, Marlon 6'3
Alisbo, John 5'10
Baracael, Marnel 6'3
Barroca, Mark 5'10
Cabagnot, Ron 6'0
Cawaling, JR 6'3
Cervantes, Riel 6'5
Fernandez, Benedict 6'0
Kave, Robert 6'6
Knuttel, Jens 5'11
Macazo, Ian 6'4
Ramos, Aldrech 6'6
Romero, Mark 6'3
Sanga, Paul Joseph 6'4
Tanuan, Jun 6'0

stonecold316
07-02-2008, 03:46 PM
UST let's go Fight!

stonecold316

Sam Miguel
07-04-2008, 09:52 AM
College basketball bible CHALK Magazine in its college basketball double issue special of July of 2008 mentioned that VJ SERIOS and VICMEL EPRES will be seeing action for the UP Fighting Maroons, ditto JONATHAN FERNANDEZ for the NU Bulldogs.

For the simple fan such as I this is simply confusing: I thought Serios ang Epres played their last year as Fighting Maroons last season, same thing with Fernandez for the Bulldogs?

Speaking of the Bulldogs, last season the word was that Ray Aguilar of NU was a one-and-done deal due to his age AND the 7-years-out of-high school rule, and yet he is back again this year. And since we're on NU now, what's the story on 6'6" African recruit RASTA AKWALIFU? Did this guy return to Mhel Garrido and STI after all?

What's the latest word on the RP Youth players? In the same CHALK article it was stated that MARK LOPEZ would play for UP this season.

If that is the case does this mean that JAIROLD FLORES will play for the UE Red Warriors in Season 71 as well? Flores and Lopez are teammates on the Youth team.

And as I recall it was power forward JOBE NKEMAKOLAM and NOT guard Eman Monfort who came in as the 16th man on the Ateneo lineup.

My kid showed me this too. I think the Chalk people should issue a retraction and an apology. This is basic information and as responsible publishers they should not make such basic mistakes.

bchoter
07-04-2008, 12:02 PM
University of Sto. Tomas MBT

1. Dylan Ababou
2. Carmelo Afuang
3. Francis Allera *
4. Clark Bautista
5. Chris Camus
6. Marc Canlas
7. Jervy Cruz *
8. Japs Cuan *
9. Carlos Fenequito
10. Jeric Fortuna
11. Mel Gile
12. Allen Maliksi
13. Khasim Mirza *
14. Chester Taylor *
15. Emilian Vargas
16. Jackson Wong

* - projected starters

Guardian Angel
07-04-2008, 04:55 PM
From GreenArrows at AP.com.

These are the 2008 DLSU GREEN ARCHERS:

5 Maui Villanueva
6 Jvee Casio
7 Simon Atkins
8 Bader Malabes
9 Daivd Webb
10 Rico Maierhofer
11 PJ Walsham
12 LA Revilla
15 Ferdinand (just Ferdinand)
16 Jovet Mendoza
17 PeeJay Barua
18 Hyram Bagatsing
19 James Mangahas
20 Marko Batricivic
21 Rejan Lee
22 Manoj Chandumal

I am still confused why Maui Villanueva is allowed to play without having to serve residency. Can someone explain this? Seems to me like a loophole which defeats the spirit of the residency restrictions.

BigBlue
07-04-2008, 06:11 PM
GA, CM Punk posted this (http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=2392.msg84243#msg84243) on the Aboy Castro thread in the Maroons' sub-forum:

Just to put the final chapter to the Maui Villanueva story, here is an article from Sydney Ventura of UBelt (http://www.ubelt.com/uaap/mbb/story.aspx?id=1501):

Maui V. and the UAAP Rule Book

by Sidney Ventura

I have yet to soak in the weird sight of Maui Villanueva in a La Salle uniform. It’s probably an unconscious decision on my part, Maui being one of my favorite 21st-century UPIS players, the others being Marvin Cruz and Jason Espiritu. At this point, seeing him in another uniform would probably be like getting braces fitted on: it won’t be pretty to look at, and you will need some time getting used to it.

For what it’s worth, and perhaps to make me feel better, I understand Maui going to DLSU was already a done deal even before the kid left for Japan nearly three years ago. “His mother had already made the decision for Maui to go to La Salle,” a former teammate of Maui’s told me a couple of months ago. “The Japan trip just delayed making it official. That’s why during the UP tryouts in early 2005 he was pretty much coasting.”

_________

The article also mentions that Maui is eligible to play this year for DLSU. Anyway, that's the end to that saga, and wish Maui the best of luck in his college career. Any future discussions about Maui should probably go the DLSU sub-forum here in Gameface.

sadly, the link to the ubelt article doesnt work. luckily, www.ubelt.com/uaap/mbb/story.aspx%3Fid%3D1501+Maui+V.+and+the+UAAP+Rule+B ook&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a]google (http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache:8ZHTYorhotIJ:[url) still has the article cached[/url]. it's a pretty straight forward explanation of the circumstances of Maui's recruitment, and it's not a loophole, it's an outright exemption that was included in the rule when it was created.

CM_Punk
07-04-2008, 07:47 PM
This was my post in the La Salle sub-forum a few months ago regarding Maui Villanueva's eligibility this season---

Looks like Maui Villanueva is indeed eligible to play this year from DLSU. According to this article from Sidney Ventura (http://www.ubelt.com/uaap/mbb/story.aspx?id=1501):

"... But I was able to get hold of a copy of the eligibility rule covering cases like this. Ironically, it appears it was proposed by UP’s Board representative in 2005, former CHK Dean Gilda Uy. Check of 4c (bold fonts mine):

4. Except as provided in these Rules, the residency requirement for students who have studied abroad in order to be eligible to play in the UAAP, shall be two (2) consecutive years having duly enrolled in the Philippines, and having satisfactorily met the academic requirements by passing the minimum number of units required (for transferees please refer to rules on transfer students).

Further, the following cases are exempted:

a.* * children of parents assigned abroad due to the nature of their jobs;
b.* * children of parents who are OFWs; and
c.* * Filipino students who had their 2nd high school graduation abroad, provided the 1st graduation was from a high school in the Philippines.

I guess that pretty much settles it. I’m pretty sure Maui graduated from UPIS in 2005, so that would count for his “1st graduation from a high school in the Philippines."

Maui should make a solid impact with the Green Archers this year. Best of luck to him.

Guardian Angel
07-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks.* I don't agree with the rule, but that is no longer relevant.

THE ONLOOKER
07-04-2008, 10:41 PM

My kid showed me this too. I think the Chalk people should issue a retraction and an apology. This is basic information and as responsible publishers they should not make such basic mistakes.

That's from ABS-CBN Publishing pa. ;D

sa_pula
07-05-2008, 07:27 PM
OT: Bat ganon?Ang panget naman ng Chalk Uaap-NCaa issue ngayon.walang kwenta! ni walang nakalagay na schedule.Nasayang pera ko >:(

THE ONLOOKER
07-06-2008, 09:48 AM
OT: Bat ganon?Ang panget naman ng Chalk Uaap-NCaa issue ngayon.walang kwenta! ni walang nakalagay na schedule.Nasayang pera ko >:(

Wait for the upcoming BOUNCE magazine issue. ;)