PDA

View Full Version : Season 71 Courtside Reporters

THE ONLOOKER
06-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Yesterday, there was a preliminary screening for the new UAAP Season 71 courtside reporters.

2 from UE, 2 from FEU and 1 from ADMU came. ;)

bluewing
06-12-2008, 10:51 PM
what?

papalitan na si vanna lim, my labs?

:|

batangueño
06-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Kabayang bluewing, sa pagkakaalam ko, may tatlong vacancies ngayon sa courtside reporter roster. Hindi na babalik this coming season sina Andi Manzano, Tracy Abad at Cathy Untalan while sure na yata ang pagbabalik nina Vanna Lim, Sharon Yu, Rizza Diaz, Dianne Querrer at Aaron Atayde. ;)

Yung five applicants na sinabi ni Kabayang THE ONLOOKER and those not mentioned might compete for those three vacant slots.

THE ONLOOKER
06-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Kabayang bluewing, sa pagkakaalam ko, may tatlong vacancies ngayon sa courtside reporter roster. Hindi na babalik this coming season sina Andi Manzano, Tracy Abad at Cathy Untalan while sure na yata ang pagbabalik nina Vanna Lim, Sharon Yu, Rizza Diaz, Dianne Querrer at Aaron Atayde. ;)

Yung five applicants na sinabi ni Kabayang THE ONLOOKER and those not mentioned might compete for those three vacant slots.

Most likely, babalik ang mga sinabi ni batangueño pero hindi 100% sure na babalik silang lahat (or may movements from other teams or to NCAA).

I am also not sure if this was the first or the last (or the lone) batch na nag-audition.

* The first applicant from UE was a chinita dentistry student who competed in Miss Chinese Internatonal, Miss Chinatown and Miss UE. She was also one of the Palmolive Circle of 10. The second applicant from UE was a mass communication student who knows the team and the coaching staff well. She might had some referral from the Red Warriors. Both were pretty and deserving, but I like the second one better although the first one's credentials are eye popping.

* The first applicant from FEU is a nursing student. The second applicant was another mass communication student. I love nurses e magiging biased ako tuloy. :lol:

* The applicant from Ateneo did not shook Vanna, of course. She wanted to be a courtside reporter for other schools, not necessarily kick Vanna out of Ateneo's courtside. In fact, they met there. Sharon and Vanna accompanied the five girls in their auditions.

batangueño
06-14-2008, 03:14 AM
Kabayang THE ONLOOKER, may balita ka ba tungkol sa mga aplikante para sa open slot for UP? ;)

THE ONLOOKER
06-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Kabayang THE ONLOOKER, may balita ka ba tungkol sa mga aplikante para sa open slot for UP? ;)

Hindi ko alam pero if ever walang student applicant from UP, mapipilitan ang ABS-CBN kumuha ng mga taga-ibang schools.

Most of them are good naman. (And hot of course. :P )

batangueño
06-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Hindi ko alam pero if ever walang student applicant from UP, mapipilitan ang ABS-CBN kumuha ng mga taga-ibang schools.

Hopefully, Kabayan, UP will have a courtside reporter who is also from UP. I just could not imagine UP not having a courtside reporter from UP since the start of the UAAP broadcasts. ???

THE ONLOOKER
06-16-2008, 12:10 AM

Hopefully, Kabayan, UP will have a courtside reporter who is also from UP. I just could not imagine UP not having a courtside reporter from UP since the start of the UAAP broadcasts. ???

Well, it's ABS-CBN's call anyway. Bring back Gretch? ;)

batangueño
06-16-2008, 12:12 AM
Well, it's ABS-CBN's call anyway. Bring back Gretch? ;)

Maraming matutuwa kapag nangyari yan, Kabayan. ;D

CM_Punk
06-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Vanna Lim was the courtside reporter for Ateneo in the Nike Summer league finals shown on Studio 23 yesterday, so she will most probably be back on TV this year for the Blue Eagles team. I know someone mentioned in another thread that Vanna is taking a second degree in Ateneo, Chinese Studies yata, not sure.

bluewing
06-16-2008, 03:48 PM
vanna lim da best.

THE ONLOOKER
06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I have an Atenean friend who just received a call for interview this Wednesday.

Mukhang maraming applicants this season. I hope the good ones will be retained and those who have, uggh, no commendable attributes should be kicked out. ;D

nel
06-18-2008, 02:50 PM
vanna lim da best.

Just a question that I've been mulling for a while - she always pronounces Ateneo as "Atneo" on the air. Is this a new slangy way to pronounce it? I've always known the traditional pronunciation to be very clear and not rushed, with all letters including the first vowel clearly enunciated.

bluewing
06-18-2008, 08:25 PM
vanna lim da best.

Just a question that I've been mulling for a while - she always pronounces Ateneo as "Atneo" on the air. Is this a new slangy way to pronounce it? I've always known the traditional pronunciation to be very clear and not rushed, with all letters including the first vowel clearly enunciated.

i don't really know, manong nel. maybe it's just vanna's distinctly sexy accent.

bchoter
06-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Hmp kahit ano naman ang bigkasin ni Vanna sexy sayo :D... hehehe

Most of the Ateneo games natapat na may game ang UST kaya malamang I watched live kaya mejo di ako familiar kay Vanna Lim. Mukhang I missed a lot

bluewing
06-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Hmp kahit ano naman ang bigkasin ni Vanna sexy sayo :D... hehehe

Most of the Ateneo games natapat na may game ang UST kaya malamang I watched live kaya mejo di ako familiar kay Vanna Lim. Mukhang I missed a lot

haha. medyo nga, ser.

basta... vanna lim is... wow.

THE ONLOOKER
06-18-2008, 10:17 PM
vanna lim da best.

Not "Atneo", but "Ar-neo".

She already graduated and we really don't know if she will still continue.

Disharmony
06-21-2008, 02:54 AM
Yeah, that's my beef with the Ateneo girl too. Her english is waaaay too American. She makes Suzy Gutler sound like a Visayan.

nel
06-21-2008, 11:43 AM
vanna lim da best.

Not "Atneo", but "Ar-neo".

She already graduated and we really don't know if she will still continue.

Sorry, but it really was "Atneo". If it were "Ar-neo", there is a tendency to roll the "r" and exaggerate the pronunciation, thus iit takes a bit longer to pronounce the entire school name.

I asked my daughter who graduated from Ateneo to listen during a game we watched on tv, and she confirmed my impression. If you recorded the games she covered in the past, suggest you replay them and listen to how she pronounces it. Anyway, it's no big deal, as long as you're comfortable with it.

bluewing
06-21-2008, 01:02 PM
well, as far as i'm concerned, Vanna can get away with any pronunciation she desires. hell, she can call me b'wing. and i won't mind. ;D

THE ONLOOKER
06-22-2008, 12:14 AM
well, as far as i'm concerned, Vanna can get away with any pronunciation she desires. hell, she can call me b'wing. and i won't mind. ;D

I love Vanna's smile. :D

But I'm sticking on my Atenean bet this auditions. I hope she'll get to courtside us if Vanna will remain on ADMU. ;D

bee101
06-22-2008, 09:28 AM
well, as far as i'm concerned, Vanna can get away with any pronunciation she desires. hell, she can call me b'wing. and i won't mind.* ;D

I love Vanna's smile. :D

But I'm sticking on my Atenean bet this auditions. I hope she'll get to courtside us if Vanna will remain on ADMU.* ;D

Are there new courtside reporters already? :) Who are you rooting for the Ateneo this year?:)

mangtsito
06-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Ibalik si Jeff Napa!

Para merong comic relief. ;D

bluewing
06-22-2008, 03:10 PM
But I'm sticking on my Atenean bet this auditions. I hope she'll get to courtside us if Vanna will remain on ADMU. ;D

may visual confirmation ba dyan? ;)

THE ONLOOKER
06-23-2008, 07:10 PM
UAAP courtside reporters meeting on Thursday. Applicants will face the final screening at the same time. ;)

GHRanger
06-23-2008, 11:02 PM
well, as far as i'm concerned, Vanna can get away with any pronunciation she desires. hell, she can call me b'wing. and i won't mind.* ;D

Pare panalo to! Natawa ako dito!

bluewing
06-23-2008, 11:03 PM

Pare panalo to! Natawa ako dito!

true love eh. ;)

bee101
06-24-2008, 10:07 AM
UAAP courtside reporters meeting on Thursday. Applicants will face the final screening at the same time. ;)

This is the third or fourth auds for them? Wow, dami a. :) Good luck sa kanila. :)

THE ONLOOKER
06-24-2008, 07:44 PM

This is the third or fourth auds for them? Wow, dami a. :) Good luck sa kanila. :)

It is the third if I'm not mistaken. Update you guys after their meeting. :)

mighty_lion
06-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Wala ba tayong insider pictures dyan? Preview perhaps.

winters
06-25-2008, 03:23 PM
non-sense thread kung walang photos :P.....

we want photos! >:( ;D

batangueño
06-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Tsismis pa lang pero ewan ko lang kung totoo:

1. Vanna Lim will not come back as Ateneo's courtside reporter (Nalungkot naman ako dun :( ). Instead, she will be replaced by two new courtside reporters.
2. Former child actress Patricia Anne Roque will replace Cathy Untalan in UP.
3. UE Dentistry student Alexis Go will replace Tracy Abad in UE.
4. Kristel Filart will replace Andi Manzano in FEU.

Those who might make a comeback: Sharon Yu (DLSU), Diane Querrer (UST), Rizza Diaz (NU) and Aaron Atayde (Adamson)

wilhelm
06-26-2008, 01:34 AM
please please! wag na palitan si sharon

batangueño
06-26-2008, 01:50 AM
Kabayang wilhelm, baka hindi na palitan si Sharon as courtside reporter for La Salle. :)

Pero... Nalulungkot pa din ako kasi PINALITAN na nila si Vanna. :( :( :(

wilhelm
06-26-2008, 01:53 AM
@ batangueno: Bakit naman daw pinalitan? ???

batangueño
06-26-2008, 01:58 AM
@ batangueno: Bakit naman daw pinalitan?* ???

If I am not mistaken, graduate na yata si Vanna. ???

bee101
06-26-2008, 09:22 AM
[It is the third if I'm not mistaken. Update you guys after their meeting. :)

Yay! Please do! My good friend is one of them and I know she will represent our school very well. I hope that the panel sees what everyone sees in her. :) She's a personality in school and everyone loves her for her friendliness, humor and intelligence. :) She's a pro at hosting also, having hosted major in-campus events since her sophomore year (She's a junior now).

I HOPE YOU PICK HER! Boto ang mga tao sa kanya. :)

batangueño
06-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Yet another rumor:

One of the two new courtside reporters of Ateneo for this season will be Kamae De Jesus, the host of the now defunct Studio 23 show "Rush TV".

BigBlue
06-26-2008, 10:13 AM
yay Kamae!! :)

batangueño
06-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Mga Kabayan na mula sa Ateneo, care to tell us more about Kamae De Jesus? I am not that familiar with her since I was not able to watch even a single episode of "Rush TV" during its entire run on Studio 23. ???

On Patricia Anne Roque, who can even forget her as that adorable and very cute kid on ATBP? After seeing her watch some of the UP games last season and doing a guesting on GMA show "Sis" , she has definitely grown into a fine and smart young lady. This latest assignment as UP's courtside reporter could be Patricia Anne's passport to a comeback in the world of show business. :D

CM_Punk
06-26-2008, 12:55 PM
No more Vanna Lim makes me a sad panda.... :'(

On the other hand, even if UP has a lousy record again this year, at least Patricia Roque is going to be a refreshing sight to see reporting on TV, heheh ;D. Did a little Internet reading, and Patricia is currently a Journalism major in Diliman, and had a role on the Angel Locsin show "Majika" shown on GMA-7 before.

bluewing
06-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Mami-miss ko si Vanna. And as a testament to the big shoes she'll be leaving behind, dalawa pa ang isasabak para ma-fill ito.

On a brighter note... Kamae will take the UAAP by storm. (lagi naman eh. kailan ba pumalpak sa courtside reporter ang Ateneo?)

hmmmm.... will this start another trend of having multiple CRs per school? malamang. gayahan na. :D

tactix
06-26-2008, 03:46 PM
hmmm.. kaibigan ko si kamae!!! wohoo go kamae!!! sisikat yan sooobrang galing nyan!! yehey!! :D

batangueño
06-26-2008, 03:47 PM
I think Patricia Anne Roque is better remembered as that cute kid from the old ABS-CBN kids' show "ATBP" *and some old movies in the mid-1990's. Let's see how she will handle courtside reporting chores for UP this new UAAP season. ;)

Saying such makes feel old. :o

THE ONLOOKER
06-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Dapat gawing rule and 2 courtside reporters per team para pantay at mas masaya. :D

batangueño
06-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Dapat gawing rule and 2 courtside reporters per team para pantay at mas masaya.* :D

Pero Kabayan, hindi ba parang napakagulo ng ganung set-up? I mean, how can two courtside reporters share such limited amount of time? That's what I am thinking of right now given rumors of Ateneo having two courtside reporters this coming season, one of which is Kamae De Jesus? ???

THE ONLOOKER
06-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Dapat gawing rule and 2 courtside reporters per team para pantay at mas masaya. :D

Pero Kabayan, hindi ba parang napakagulo ng ganung set-up? I mean, how can two courtside reporters share such limited amount of time? That's what I am thinking of right now given rumors of Ateneo having two courtside reporters this coming season, one of which is Kamae De Jesus? ???

Kabayan, the only reason that Kamae and Portia were hired is simply because Kamae has classes on Thursday.

Portia will handle every Thursdays while Kamae on weekends. ;)

batangueño
06-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Kabayan, the only reason that Kamae and Portia were hired is simply because Kamae has classes on Thursday.

Sorry to say this, Kabayan, pero that sounds unfair. The two courtside reporter option was available for Ateneo but for the other seven universities, it was not even applied. I guess the other courtside reporters would also have commitments outside the UAAP that might affect their role in the broadcast so it is just fair that the two courtside reporter option should also apply to the other schools. ???

THE ONLOOKER
06-26-2008, 09:47 PM

Sorry to say this, Kabayan, pero that sounds unfair. The two courtside reporter option was available for Ateneo but for the other seven universities, it was not even applied. I guess the other courtside reporters would also have commitments outside the UAAP that might affect their role in the broadcast so it is just fair that the two courtside reporter option should also apply to the other schools. ???

I absolutely agree with that, Kabayan.

I also hate the fact that Vanna was the lone casualty, or as with popular Big Brother lingo, "force evict".

If you'll ask me, Kamae and Portia are worthy courtside reporters. It sucks that Vanna isn't the least talented/loved among the courtside reporters last batch but still we can't do nothing about her departure.

I was thinking before I sleep last night that ABS-CBN should rhave re-shuffled their courtside cast for this year. If Ateneo has two, Adamson should have two also in Aaron and Vanna. Well, that's just my imagination anyway if ABS-CBN wants more audience boost in our nest.

Right now, the retained courtside reporters are weeping for a valuable loss in their circle. :(

batangueño
06-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, Kabayang THE ONLOOKER, but isn't Vanna's graduation from college the reason why she was replaced by Kamae De Jesus and Portia (whatever her surname is)? However, if graduation is the reason for Vanna's replacement, then how come Rizza Diaz, who already graduated with a degree in Customs Administration from EAC and is about to take the Customs Administration Board Examinations, got retained as NU's courtside reporter? ???

I would have been amenable to the two courtside reporter option but if the reason for the adoption of such was Kamae's unavailability during Thursdays due to her classes in Ateneo, then ABS-CBN should have just selected Portia (who I assume to be available to do courtside reporter duties on all UAAP playing days- Thursday, Saturday and Sunday) over Kamae as Ateneo's lone courtside reporter just to be fair to the other seven courtside reporters. ???

bluewing
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM

I absolutely agree with that, Kabayan.

I also hate the fact that Vanna was the lone casualty, or as with popular Big Brother lingo, "force evict".

If you'll ask me, Kamae and Portia are worthy courtside reporters. It sucks that Vanna isn't the least talented/loved among the courtside reporters last batch but still we can't do nothing about her departure.

I was thinking before I sleep last night that ABS-CBN should rhave re-shuffled their courtside cast for this year. If Ateneo has two, Adamson should have two also in Aaron and Vanna. Well, that's just my imagination anyway if ABS-CBN wants more audience boost in our nest.

Right now, the retained courtside reporters are weeping for a valuable loss in their circle. :(

pare, ano ba ng kwento kay vanna? bakit nga ba? simulan na ba ang written protest? signature campaign?

batangueño
06-26-2008, 10:12 PM
pare, ano ba ng kwento kay vanna? bakit nga ba? simulan na ba ang written protest? signature campaign?

Sama ako dyan, Kabayang bluewing. I really don't think Vanna Lim deserved the ax. The fine young lady from Ateneo did a splendid job as courtside reporter. >:(

bluewing
06-26-2008, 10:36 PM
pareng onlooker,

di ba pwedeng tatlo na lang ang courtside reporter ng Ateneo para di alisin si Vans?

one each for thursday, saturday at sunday.

PeterParker
06-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Goodbye and Good luck!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3261/2612712607_f6218de980.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3110/2613544394_f8bf6e56bd.jpg

batangueño
06-27-2008, 12:06 AM
After her one year assignment as Ateneo's courtside reporter, Vanna Lim will move on to the position of "student manager". I guess we can only see Vanna live on the venues so to all Vanna Lim fans, buy your tickets now. ;D

What can I say about Vanna? She's really, really sweet. ;)

Pyromorph
06-27-2008, 12:39 AM
After her one year assignment as Ateneo's courtside reporter, Vanna Lim will move on to the position of "student manager". I guess we can only see Vanna live on the venues so to all Vanna Lim fans, buy your tickets now. ;D

Actually, Vanna's one of the Blue Eagles' student managers since last year. :)

Btw, Portia's surname is Silva.

batangueño
06-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Actually, Vanna's one of the Blue Eagles' student managers since last year.* :)

Thanks, Kabayang Pyromorph. I hope to see more of Vanna on the sidelines during the UAAP games of Season 71. :)

Portia Silva? Care to tell us more about her? ;)

Howard the Duck
06-27-2008, 01:08 AM
ibalik si chinie! ;D

THE ONLOOKER
06-27-2008, 07:47 AM

Actually, Vanna's one of the Blue Eagles' student managers since last year. :)

Oh, that's why I often see him with Ricky Palou. ;)

bigfreeze_bibby
06-27-2008, 08:28 AM
ibalik si chinie! ;D

Amen! Amen! Damn, I miss Chinie na. Eto ang pinakamahal kong Ateneo courtside reporter.

ramonthegreat
06-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, Kabayang THE ONLOOKER, but isn't Vanna's graduation from college the reason why she was replaced by Kamae De Jesus and Portia (whatever her surname is)? However, if graduation is the reason for Vanna's replacement, then how come Rizza Diaz, who already graduated with a degree in Customs Administration from EAC and is about to take the Customs Administration Board Examinations, got retained as NU's courtside reporter? ???

I would have been amenable to the two courtside reporter option but if the reason for the adoption of such was Kamae's unavailability during Thursdays due to her classes in Ateneo, then ABS-CBN should have just selected Portia (who I assume to be available to do courtside reporter duties on all UAAP playing days- Thursday, Saturday and Sunday) over Kamae as Ateneo's lone courtside reporter just to be fair to the other seven courtside reporters. ???

Portia Silva is just as good, if not better, as Kamae but we have to acknowledge the fact that there is politics involved in everything. I agree that Vanna did a great job last year and could have done better this year but I couldnt digest what really happened. Anyway, what they said during the reps meeting was that Portia could possibly be given some of the weekend games since Kamae has shows from other networks. Medyo loyalty issue sabi ng iba. :)

Basta, do watch out for them! They're good together; they can balance each other out, not outshine the other.

ramonthegreat
06-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Actually, Vanna's one of the Blue Eagles' student managers since last year.* :)

Thanks, Kabayang Pyromorph. I hope to see more of Vanna on the sidelines during the UAAP games of Season 71. :)

Portia Silva? Care to tell us more about her? ;)

Yes. The tandem that completes Ateneo's courtside reporters this year is Portia Silva. She has been published in several teen magazines and newspapers already even before this stint. (Candy Mag, Bounce Mag, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Junior Inquirer to name a few). She's in her junior year, taking up AB Communication.

Do watch out for her. I'm sure after her first report on July 10, people will love her even more. :) Sikat yan sa Ateneo...when you ask people about her, they have a lot of good stuff to say about her. Very witty and friendly. DL yan since her first year in college, never missed a sem in the honor's roll.

I also heard she was Student Council President back in her high school days and she was one of the legendary debaters of all time. Kahit ngayon daw sa college, she debates for inter-class leagues in polsci or something, not sure. Haha. She's cute and bubbly. :) Meron pa ba kayong alam about her??? Tell us!

JONAS HAO
07-01-2008, 01:55 PM
ibalik si chinie!* ;D

Amen!* Amen!* Damn, I miss Chinie na.* Eto ang pinakamahal kong Ateneo courtside reporter.

CCM, behave.
hehe

Ibalik si chinie!!!!!

nastrans
07-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Patricia Anne Roque looks lovely yesterday sa UAAP press conference, the young girl from ATBP days has turned into a nice looking lady.

JONAS HAO
07-03-2008, 09:09 AM
piktyurs! piktyurs!

james_ty
07-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Here are my photos of some of the UAAP courtside reporters for this season.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/JamTy/JamTy3/Sharon2.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/JamTy/JamTy3/Sharon.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/JamTy/JamTy3/Riza.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/JamTy/JamTy3/Kamae2.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/JamTy/JamTy3/Kamae.jpg

Here are my photos of the La Salle muse this opening, Schinina Juban of QTV's The Debutante.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/JamTy/JamTy3/Shanina2.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/JamTy/JamTy3/Shanina.jpg

batangueño
07-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Ang init! :D